Bored of leveling.

Bored of leveling.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Honestly I am bored with leveling. I just want to have fun.

yet you keep nerfing all sources of exp for leveling.

at one point I could level fast by crafting. But thats no longer the case.

Also champ zerging was very rewarding, but thats no longer the case.

hearts are very quest hub like, which is why I avoid them.

events are too inconsistent.

WvW is also too inconsistent.

I have got my engineer to level 51 now, and totally dislike the fact that I have to miss out on cool events simply because of an artificial number at the bottom of my screen doesnt match the number next to the zone name.

I am so tired of this same number preventing me from making the build that I want to play.

how many times I have to level up a character in this same world?

its so boring doing this.

Why is it that only SPvP allows its players to fully skip the dullness which is Leveling?

WvW scales level, but still not traited, nor equal in terms of gear. I dont mind the gear difference, But I do mind the lack of trait points, because that effect my build play style.

PvE also doesnt provide much in terms of level scaling up.
I like to PvE, but not like this, in which I feel forced to do something not fun against my will, just to unlock the fun features in the game which I have already paid for.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

apparently this is a thing now…. look its so easy to level up already. you can get to 80 in a day kitten . and besides the game doesnt get anymore fun when you hit 80 anyways so you might aswell give up now

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

Bored of leveling.

Knighthonor.4061

apparently this is a thing now…. look its so easy to level up already. you can get to 80 in a day kitten . and besides the game doesnt get anymore fun when you hit 80 anyways so you might aswell give up now

I dont care how easy it was for you.

I care about how fun the game is for me. and being forced to grind for levels just to gain access to the fun features which I paid for, is not good at all.

levels are easy for you, but boring and grindy for me.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Coming up next: Players demand that GW2 switches to a crafting system like in other MMOs because reasons.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

you would have a point if there was anything to gain by leveling up. fighting claw of jormag is hardly more fun than shatterer. and no it wasnt fast for me. took me 460 days XD (deleted my characters all the time)

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I care about how fun the game is for me. and being forced to grind for levels just to gain access to the fun features which I paid for, is not good at all.

You should be bowing before ANET then, most MMO’s are 10x worse as far as leveling goes and the dynamic events.

Also guild wars 2 has some fast leveling compared to a lot of other MMO’s I’ve played which sounds like you’d be even more miserable playing those than this game.

-You can level with crafting still which is unique.
-You can level with zergs in WvW while may be inconsistent, anyone can roam a map all day and capture sentry/dolyak/camps and the 3 veterans which is pretty consistant but being a low level you’ll need a few friends to do it with.
-You can do PvE zones and work on 100% world completion.
-You can also get a break from levels now with a level 20 xp scroll from a 1 year old character reward or a 5k AP chest on top of new scrolls that grant you a level up (I currently have 11 from WvW season 1 reward + the new tower)
-You can just level gathering resources and making a heap of money off mid-level materials too.
edit: oh yeah, forgot to add
- Dungeon completion gives you 77% of your level + all the mob xp
- Dailies give you around 5% per achievement, most of which are super fast

Either way there are plenty of ways to level and most MMO’s do not provide that so wouldn’t complain too much. If you are that picky here, I can already assume you would be miserable anywhere else.

(edited by Osi.3504)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I have 10 level 80’s.

My advice: Don’t focus on the level up process, focus on the adventure. There is so much to do, and PvP/WvW and temporary instances level you up to 80 temporarily so you don’t miss out.

Relax. Put your feet up. Stay a while!

Happy Wintersday!

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Yes leveling is sooo grindy. ANET, please make the OP happy by having us all characters start out at lv 80. New characters just created will now begin at lv 800 with 500 crafting lv of your choice.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

You just want to have fun but then complain that you can’t level as much via crafting and can’t grind as much from champion training. Seriously? To each their own for what “fun” is, but you’re pushing it

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not every game fits every person. I can’t imagine a game that’s easier to level in than this one. There’s nothing going on at higher levels, except some specific dungeon runs and being the best in WvW that you can’t do at lower levels.

I have 9 80s now, and I’m working on my 10th. Level 69…but I don’t grind. I do what I want, when I want. And the levels come.

For some reason, there’s a type of player that levels matter to more than the game requires them to matter. I think it comes from how things are in other games.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I agree. I levelled most of my chars in WVW. Sure it sucks not being on an equal level gear- and trait-wise, but I still found it fun.

downed state is bad for PVP

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

What is so much fun at level 80?! Personally I think that the game stops being fun when I hit level cap.

Bored of leveling.

Knighthonor.4061

What is so much fun at level 80?! Personally I think that the game stops being fun when I hit level cap.

At 80 I can go anywhere and do all events.

I get all trait points.

I can play dress up with my character and wear whatever I want within my armor type.

can do all dungeons.

that right there is reason enough.

I have 2 80s. I know.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I have 10 level 80’s.

My advice: Don’t focus on the level up process, focus on the adventure. There is so much to do, and PvP/WvW and temporary instances level you up to 80 temporarily so you don’t miss out.

Relax. Put your feet up. Stay a while!

Happy Wintersday!

Exactly this. You’re still playing the same kind of content anyway (with a few exception) Its kinda like the kettle boiling thing. If you keep looking at your bar and levels it will seem to be going slow. If you just ignore all that stuff and focus on your adventure you’ll find yourself a level or two higher every day.

Bored of leveling.

Galen Grey.4709

I get all trait points.

I can play dress up with my character and wear whatever I want within my armor type.

can do all dungeons.

I have 2 80s. I know.

all of this is true but its not that big of an issue to deal with.

You may not get to go everywhere you choose at lower level but low level events are just as great as high level events (if not better.. lots of people dont like the whole orr vibe) So if DE are your thing then you’ll still be doing the same stuff just in a different area.

trait points are great but they dont make the game any more or less fun perse. There is an advantage here being low level as well. 1 the game will be a bit more challenging at low level then once you get all trait points which is good + you get valuable rewards (new trait points) that you’ll stop earning once you reach max level!

You can still play dress up at low level

as for dungeons, there are some for low levels if you need to run a dungeon thats higher level park the alt for a while and do it with a level 80 and then go back to it later. Its a bummer yes but not a wall by any stretch.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

OP I have 4 level 80’s and my 5th is now lvl 60.

I find that if I think of leveling it seems to go very very slow- the moment you forget about it the levels just speed past.

Some classes of course go way faster than others- I am doing my second Mesmer now and I promise you my Engi leveled herself compared to them

You would also be surprised exactly how much xp you get from gathering- so I do all my mid level gathering for the soft woods and the iron and things like that on the character I am leveling.

Dailies help too and also things like vistas and poi- so pick a nice map with mats that are worth something and just run some events and gather as you go.
Don’t forget to hit some of the world events if you are in the area because they give good xp too .

Just vary it up and if you are staring at the xp bar a bit much- just switch to one of your 80’s and go wild.

btw- you can look however you want at any lvl- I have played dress up on my characters since I leveled my first one.
Can’t stand how they look at low levels
Transstones are an added bonus of just finishing up on a map.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

In all honesty, people who cry about the leveling possibilities in GW2 strike me as complaining for the sake of complaining. Knowing OP’s post history, well…

There’s many things you can criticize GW2 for, but leveling being too long/restrictive isn’t one of them.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have 2 80s. I know.

What is preventing you from taking part in the fun lvl 80 things with them? Why complain about a third character not being at top level yet?

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I have 2 80s. I know.

What is preventing you from taking part in the fun lvl 80 things with them? Why complain about a third character not being at top level yet?

Probably because his other two 80’s are a ranger and another ranger. Baddump tish.

That said I can’t really comment myself. I was always a completionist, and I always ended up level 80 in the level 50-60 regions or so, I think.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I just levelled a ranger to 80 in two days. I agree that the levelling itself can be pretty boring if you already have gone through it with other classes.

I instantly gained 28 levels with experience scroll and the wvw chest tomes of knowledge. I was always running with a potion and a random food that can give you a total of +20 or 25% more experience from kills. I also had an experience booster on but not everyone has access to it. Doing personal story gives quite a lot of exp and black lion keys.

Ask a friend to take you to a zone 10+ levels higher than you and kill random enemies, the levels will pile up like crazy. Do some dungeons with your main and switch at the end: you will gain a level per path.

Level up cooking and artificer, both are pretty cheap and can give you 14 levels…

OR, wait till tomorrow when the update goes live, and buy tomes of knowledge in pvp and get all the levels you are missing. If you don’t have enough glory or gold… just use the ways stated above.

(edited by IceVyper.6810)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Just wait when you get to orr and try to get a skillpoint guarded by a champ…will be fun..

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

My Necro is now level80 after 91 hours of gameplay. That’s barely over three and half days. I believe that was pretty slow as well. I did almost all of it in WvW, but without trying to level. Did alot of defending as well as capturing towers/keeps/etc…

When the game offers you methods to level to max level within mere days without even trying to, it says more about the playerbase who complains about it than the game itself.
OP lost any credibility anyway while complaining about how grindy and boring it is………and then says he wants to fast-craft or champ-grind to 80.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Just wait when you get to orr and try to get a skillpoint guarded by a champ…will be fun..

MMO => friends/ guild/ randoms => kill Champ, gather skillpoint.

I got it on my Mesmer with alot of invisibility though, I’ll admit wasn’t easy.

and @ OP:

Yes leveling can be boring if you focus on one way to level. As others have said too, I like to do the Daily Achievements on my lower levels and switch back to my Main. Usually in the process I stumble over DEs and do them, too.

Many other ways have been mentioned also.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

One of the things GW2 got right was leveling experience. Its probably the best Ive ever had. I pull my hair out when I level in WoW, or any other game. GW2 is very fun.

Im not sure what youre missing out at level 51. You are able to do any of the Living story updates… You can join WvW at at lvl 2.

What are you missing?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I can understand where the OP is coming from. I hated leveling my toon back when it was easy. I crafted my 2 alts to 80 so that I could gear them and trait them to their full potential. I have a 3rd alt which I brought up to 32 with Tomes and Scrolls and have no interest in grinding out levels doing hearts and stuff (I might just run across maps unlocking waypoints and see where that gets me). I will wait for the next Queens Jubilee type event to level him up.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Bored of leveling.

cesmode.4257

While I agree that more and more people are beginning to dislike or outright oppose leveling, it is going to be in any MMO. Gotta get used to it. No game is different.

With that said, it would be nice of a game did do away with the traditional level system in favor of character progression in terms of unlocked or discovered skills and abilities, or something of that nature.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I don’t care how how grindy it was for you.

I care about how fun the game is for me, and I love the leveling curve.

I actually find I level way too fast, even. And I ignore crafting, and personal stories. Hearts are filled automatically by just killing stuff in the area (with a few annoying exceptions).

And because you paid for the game, doesn’t mean you can dictate what the developers must do. I also paid for this game and I say let’s keep it this way.

There is not a single game out there that is perfect for everybody. Either you live with the things you don’t like (because the things you do like are more important) or you quit the game. Simple as that.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: CihandaR.2395

CihandaR.2395

if i didnt care about this game.. a game that i’ve waited 2years for.. then i wouldnt be crying on the forum that anet should make gw2 better. BUT new games are comin n if anet doesnt make somthing from their crap.. byebye ciaociao dada

Bored of leveling.

cesmode.4257

Ive found leveling in this game was probably one of the strongpoints.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

You can get up to 20 with experience scrolls.
You can get up to 5-10 more levels with the recent tome of knowledge WvW reward.
You can get up to 14 levels with cooking and artificing (reasonably cheap).
You can get up to 80 levels upcoming tuesday with glory and gold.
You can get easy levels swapping chars at the end of a dungeon.

I can go on but I think I’ve made my point already.

Bored of leveling.

cesmode.4257

if i didnt care about this game.. a game that i’ve waited 2years for.. then i wouldnt be crying on the forum that anet should make gw2 better. BUT new games are comin n if anet doesnt make somthing from their crap.. byebye ciaociao dada

I definitely hear that. While I didnt wait 2 years for the game(probably around 6 months after I first heard about it), I did talk it up to my WoW guildees and buds. Initial leveling was fun, for me, and up until November 2012 the game was fantastic. Then, the development direction showed its true colors with ascended gear, then into Guild missions(they are just so bad…), and now with living story and more endless ascended grinding.

I am enjoying the game, I like it, it has fantastic potential if Arenanet makes some huge non-subtle changes. But I agree with you…2014 is going to be a big year for them. Either they repair the damage they have done with ascended gear and livinsg story, or people are going to be drifting to new titles such as Wildstar(me), The Elder Scrolls online, and Everquest Next(me).

Big year…

Bored of leveling.

Galen Grey.4709

I definitely hear that. While I didnt wait 2 years for the game(probably around 6 months after I first heard about it), I did talk it up to my WoW guildees and buds. Initial leveling was fun, for me, and up until November 2012 the game was fantastic. Then, the development direction showed its true colors with ascended gear, then into Guild missions(they are just so bad…), and now with living story and more endless ascended grinding.

I am enjoying the game, I like it, it has fantastic potential if Arenanet makes some huge non-subtle changes. But I agree with you…2014 is going to be a big year for them. Either they repair the damage they have done with ascended gear and livinsg story, or people are going to be drifting to new titles such as Wildstar(me), The Elder Scrolls online, and Everquest Next(me).

Big year…

I like Wildstar and will probably give it a try myself but I honestly cant imagine how someone who finds issue with ascended gear (because its grindy to get) or not being able to stick to exotics because they’re just not best in slot could find wildstar to be a better game because as far as I can tell its going to be far worst in that department to the point that I’d say its impossible to have BiS there even if you play in an extremely hardcore fashion due to the randomize stats portion each gear has.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I get all trait points.

can do all dungeons.

I have 2 80s. I know.

I believe any level char can wear any level skin. You just have to xmute it onto a lower level item. That’s been my experience anyway and how my level 10 ranger has T2 cultural on.

I’m sorry you find leveling grindy. If you had experience with other MMOs you would actually find leveling in GW2 lolez and not a grind. But for someone new to MMOs who doesn’t know any different I could see why you would think it needed improvement.

For those of us who have played many MMOs in the past, GW2 is seriously a breath of fresh air. I mean, I have 5 level 80s. That’s unheard of for me in a year of playing. In most other games I’ll be barely getting to level cap after a year.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Just sell level up scrolls in the gem store already. 20 levels for 500 gems.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sometimes the leveling process can feel like a grind… if you’re not doing it for the first time, and you don’t have anyone to hang out with to make it….uh, interesting.

I presently have 10 characters, 3 of which are 80. The other 7 are all over the board because I can’t pick one to work on next.

That said, I do a few things to level:

Avoid personal story until roughly lvl 60. Once you hit 60, you can just go from story mission to story mission to attain the last 20 levels very quickly. Speeds it right along…

Run dungeons with guildies on your lvl 80 chars, then swap in your baby char just before the end to snipe the XP. (From my understanding, this is actually very common practice)

Map clearing. 100%ing maps is excellent for XP as well as goodies. A bonus is that if you clear the maps necessary for the personal story, then you can just waypoint around the majority of it later (which saves time). Obviously, you won’t be clearing Orr, but there’s a ton of other maps to do…

DE hunting. Grab a groups of guildies, pick a map not usually frequented and see how many you can find and clear. Split up and see which group can do more in a set amount of time. Builds influence, facilitates some bonding, and can generate some interesting mayhem. Fun times.

Use crafting sparingly. When I need a break from map clearing, or when I need to upgrade my armor/weapons, then I turn to crafting. Since it only gives 7 levels now, between 0 and 400, you’re not going to see huge boosts from it, not to mention its an expensive habit to feed.

Gather, gather, gather. You’re out in the world anyway, if it’s in your path, stop and grab it. It’s easy xp. It’s one less thing you have to buy to craft or if you skip crafting all together, you can sell it for some extra money. Win win.

Check out the living story stuff. Even if you don’t get into the story, don’t like Scarlet, whatever…it’s still a decent source of XP (usually).

Hop on the train. When I’m feeling a little burnt out, I do this because it takes no thought. I can goof off and chat while still leveling.

Lot of options out there, you just have to look and find what fits your play style.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

lol levelling a grind…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Bored of leveling.

cesmode.4257

Big year…

I like Wildstar and will probably give it a try myself but I honestly cant imagine how someone who finds issue with ascended gear (because its grindy to get) or not being able to stick to exotics because they’re just not best in slot could find wildstar to be a better game because as far as I can tell its going to be far worst in that department to the point that I’d say its impossible to have BiS there even if you play in an extremely hardcore fashion due to the randomize stats portion each gear has.

Easy.

I had different expectations for GW2. Different ‘assumptions’ if you want to call them that. I was put on a different hype train for GW2. Like the hordes of people that are upset about ascended gear, I thought this would be a game without any stat increases, with minimal grind, full of adventure and exploration with a living world where in any zone you would find a good amount of people in. Instead, we have a gear grind, however slight, that is tied to crafting. We have content development direction tied to a living story that has minimal story and fosters zerging instead of true teamwork. And 9/10 zones are emptied.

Even though I am able to find many positives with Gw2, this is not the game I thought it would be. Call it a misconception on my part, as well as many others. But this isn’t the game that I was hyped on.

With that said, I expected one thing in GW2 and got another(in my own little opinion). With Wildstar, I expect gear treadmill, and BiS available to raiders only. I am going into it expecting that. So its OK. I didn’t go into GW2 expecting this.

That is why I am able to play a treadmill game like Wildstar, because I expect it to be there. I expected GW2 to be something different.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Coming up next: Players demand that GW2 switches to a crafting system like in other MMOs because reasons.

The Runescape crafting system is clearly superior. We should definitely go that route.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

problem with the current leveling is there is not much replayability. alot of us have already map completed 100%, maybe even twice or more. there is not much other experience after that. all the events u have done already multiple times feel old and grindy. idd there should be something that could make u instantly lvl 80. maybe it should require first 1 lvl 80 character who knows, maybe 100% map completion?

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Not every game fits every person. I can’t imagine a game that’s easier to level in than this one. There’s nothing going on at higher levels, except some specific dungeon runs and being the best in WvW that you can’t do at lower levels.

I have 9 80s now, and I’m working on my 10th. Level 69…but I don’t grind. I do what I want, when I want. And the levels come.

For some reason, there’s a type of player that levels matter to more than the game requires them to matter. I think it comes from how things are in other games.

Sadly enough the level matters a lot. You get better loot with a lvl 80 char (loot seems to be based on your level) you are much stronger in WvW and dungeons and you can not easily go to all area’s when you are a lower lever.

Personally I would love to see levels not existing and then exploring, doing quest, events and stuff reward in other ways. Just to see if that would work.

Leveling by itself can be fun but not when your goal is to reach the max level and for the previous stated reasons that is the case when leveling alts.

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

boring in leveling ?

Be happy ! ascended gear is coming ! you will have to level the craft waste tons of money , farm material during tons of hours and hours, again and again, and again ( and only of ONE stat set )

Enjoy ! game is fun no ?

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

problem with the current leveling is there is not much replayability. alot of us have already map completed 100%, maybe even twice or more. there is not much other experience after that. all the events u have done already multiple times feel old and grindy. idd there should be something that could make u instantly lvl 80. maybe it should require first 1 lvl 80 character who knows, maybe 100% map completion?

I do agree with this. Sort of. I have 2 chars at 100% so I definitely know where you’re coming from. But in all honesty, what game isn’t like that? I mean, once you’ve been to every zone and done every mission/event/quest, you’re pretty much in the same boat. I don’t think it’s exclusive to GW2, I think that’s MMOs in general.

What’s nice about GW2 and having explored everything twice, for new chars I know what areas I like and don’t like. And since you can level up to 80 in literally any zone (or for my most recent char I did strictly WvW—which was fun as hell btw—a bit inconsistent, but definitely fun as hell), I just pick the zones I feel like going to and don’t worry about completion anymore.

I find I RP with newer chars now. They wander the landscape looking for people to help (DEs). It helps to break the repetition.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Honestly I am bored with leveling. I just want to have fun.

yet you keep nerfing all sources of exp for leveling.

at one point I could level fast by crafting. But thats no longer the case.

Also champ zerging was very rewarding, but thats no longer the case.

hearts are very quest hub like, which is why I avoid them.

events are too inconsistent.

WvW is also too inconsistent.

I have got my engineer to level 51 now, and totally dislike the fact that I have to miss out on cool events simply because of an artificial number at the bottom of my screen doesnt match the number next to the zone name.

I am so tired of this same number preventing me from making the build that I want to play.

how many times I have to level up a character in this same world?

its so boring doing this.

Why is it that only SPvP allows its players to fully skip the dullness which is Leveling?

WvW scales level, but still not traited, nor equal in terms of gear. I dont mind the gear difference, But I do mind the lack of trait points, because that effect my build play style.

PvE also doesnt provide much in terms of level scaling up.
I like to PvE, but not like this, in which I feel forced to do something not fun against my will, just to unlock the fun features in the game which I have already paid for.

Leveled to 80
- asura engineer [deleted]
- sylvari warrior [deleted]
- charr thief [deleted]
- human ele
- human guard
- charr warrior
- charr mesmer
- asura thief

I had my share of leveling. Of course it becomes boring, since you have at the point I reached completed every single bit of content, multiple times. Personally, I would be very much okay with having an ‘level 80 instantly button’ after leveling 8. Crafting is not an alternative, because of the nerf of experience gained and the inflation causing prices to rise.

Oh btw: they are adding tomes of knowledge in SPvP. Should make leveling somewhat less of a nuissance.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Two Things:

1. If you don’ t like levelling, don’t play RPGs.
2. Guild Wars 2 is already one of the easiest RPGs to level in. I gain levels for doing pretty much anything in this game. You can’t get out of the timesink — that’s what levelling is about, that’s the core of CRPGs — gradually increasing the power of your character as you go along

If you aren’t able to accept this, you are in the wrong game

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

So basically, Anet should develop the game around you and cater to your needs, am I correct? Center of the world syndrome

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Sadly enough the level matters a lot. You get better loot with a lvl 80 char (loot seems to be based on your level) you are much stronger in WvW and dungeons and you can not easily go to all area’s when you are a lower lever.

Personally I would love to see levels not existing and then exploring, doing quest, events and stuff reward in other ways. Just to see if that would work.

Leveling by itself can be fun but not when your goal is to reach the max level and for the previous stated reasons that is the case when leveling alts.

Check out a game called Second Life. No levelling.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Bored of leveling.

Devata.6589

I do agree with this. Sort of. I have 2 chars at 100% so I definitely know where you’re coming from. But in all honesty, what game isn’t like that? I mean, once you’ve been to every zone and done every mission/event/quest, you’re pretty much in the same boat. I don’t think it’s exclusive to GW2, I think that’s MMOs in general.

What’s nice about GW2 and having explored everything twice, for new chars I know what areas I like and don’t like. And since you can level up to 80 in literally any zone (or for my most recent char I did strictly WvW—which was fun as hell btw—a bit inconsistent, but definitely fun as hell), I just pick the zones I feel like going to and don’t worry about completion anymore.

I find I RP with newer chars now. They wander the landscape looking for people to help (DEs). It helps to break the repetition.

Might be my type of play-style but usually (in other MMO’s) I did never have to do so much repeatable stuff. Maybe you do a dungeon a few times and the same quest or here events while leveling but overall I was busy with the thinks I mentioned before. (collecting mini’s in the world, leveling a fun-craft, collecting recipe’s, searching for mounts, searching for pets and searching for fun items.. Some MMO’s are very good at putting just fun items in the game. Heal orb, invisible orb, different shape stones and what not more).
Or you know when you have a quest (the more traditional ones) and you get some mini during the quest. I would then search such quest but never finish them. Then I would also collect temporary pets (items) so I would try to make it possible to have as much as mini’s + pets out at the same time as possible. So make my own achievements in a way.

Leveling an alt would usually meant doing something similar.

By the time I would have much of the stuff maxed out an expansion would come adding many more new of such things so you kept busy doing such thinks.

GW2 does not have a lot / any of those thinks in the game. That is really a shame. It adds something to the game and in other mmo’s that stuff was always the end-content for me.

Bored of leveling.

Devata.6589

Check out a game called Second Life. No levelling.

That is not really a game
However in most MMO’s I was doing stuff (see previous post) not focusing on the leveling. In GW2 there might not be enough to do so you level just to level making it less fun.

So I don’t know if it would work, an mmo without levels but the goal should never have to be leveling itself. You should just do the many thinks you can do and level in the mean time. While they say that in GW2 the end-game starts at lvl one maybe the problem is that many of the end-game is just lest fun? Obviously something is wrong. I mis the thinks I mentioned but if thats the same for other people I don’t know.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Bored of leveling.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is an RPG. There’s no click here and receive everything. Leveling by actually playing the game has been a core component of RPG’s for nearly their entire existence.

Bored of leveling.

Devata.6589

This is an RPG. There’s no click here and receive everything. Leveling by actually playing the game has been a core component of RPG’s for nearly their entire existence.

But the playelement to level is maybe not extensive enough. It’s completing maps, do a dungeon and maybe some WvW.