Bosses got harder loot is still meh!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JDGumby.7685

JDGumby.7685

This is a free MMO.

You got your copy of GW2 for free? Lucky. Most of us had to pay at least $40 for it ($60 before the price cut and, obviously, a lot more for those who got the Digital Deluxe or Collector’s Editions).

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

This is a free MMO.

You got your copy of GW2 for free? Lucky. Most of us had to pay at least $40 for it ($60 before the price cut and, obviously, a lot more for those who got the Digital Deluxe or Collector’s Editions).

Why hello there Mr. Strawman. So very nice to see you again.

You paid $60 for far more content than a single player game of equivalent price would provide. Complaining that it “isn’t really free” may be true, but after a year of playing, have you not received your money’s worth?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This is a free MMO. The rewards are meant to be total crap. After your 5,000th run your get some good stuff.

like what? Everything is crafted

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I was one of those asking for bosses to be harder. I guess I got what I wanted (partially at least), but you know what, I stopped doing these world bosses months ago because the loot just isn’t worth the boredom and time spent. Sure, it technically is worth the time spent (before), but I would be so bored afterward that I would log off. Now I’ll be just as bored (probably more bored since they take longer and actually require me to do stuff as before I would alt+tab out and watch videos or something, now I have to actually do boring PvE junk) and take even longer for what, the same loot + a couple of those crappy champs bags that give me that dust I have 15 stacks of and another green.

I’m glad they are harder, but I don’t care enough to do them. PvE is dead to me in this game, and no amount of patching is going to fix it because the way PvE is designed in this game is just poor imo (every enemy is a hp sponge that hits hard with aoe).

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

This is a free MMO.

You paid $60 for far more content than a single player game of equivalent price would provide…

Skyrim and it’s countless free mods say hello.

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

The guaranteed rares for auto attacking are to much if you ask me. Try going fractals or dungeons and see how many rares you get for the same time frame.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

This is a free MMO.

You paid $60 for far more content than a single player game of equivalent price would provide…

Far more shallow content than a single player game like GTA V

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

and what the **** you want for such an easy battles? The rewards corresponds pretty much those bosses. They are super easy. You just need to stand at them and spawn skill 1. Sometimes you kite something, but you dont even have to. Boss is down in 2-4 min and you get guranted rare and strongboxes, thats a low reward? Sigh. Gimme gimme gimme, right?

#ELEtism

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

This is a free MMO.

I wasn’t aware that GTA V was anything more than another generic sandbox in a giant sea of samey pseudo-realistic sandboxes.

As for Skyrim, I find it to be even more shallow than GW2. Not to mention, the Elder Scrolls series has degraded to a level of difficulty where you have to actively try to fail in order to lose.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Champions will be placed on some sort of timer system, preventing players from farming them in a static loop as they respawn and in stead requiring players to venture to different zones and kill different champions.

I really hope they don’t put champs on a timer. The FG and CS champ trains are the only real way to make money in this game with any kind of speed since everything else has been nerfed into the ground.

Why must you have to farm? Hell i made 10g in one day from just normally playing and never went to a champ train or anything. I just went to WvW played there, did some dungeons with guildies cause they needed help, did FOTM cause of the relics. All and all I made 10g. If your only concerned about farming then your not having fun which is not what Anet wants.

It has nothing to do with “have to farm”. It’s more about having the option to CHOOSE to farm if I wanted to. Sometimes i’m feeling lazy and just want to throw in some music and just mindlessly follow the zerg and farm. I should be able to do that. And making 10g a day is peanuts when you are talking about 600-800g precursors. I can make an easy 20g just harvesting Ori and Ancient wood a day too but like I said, if i’m either done with dungeons for the day or just don’t feel like dealing with people yet still want to make cash, I should be able to choose to farm champs for cash since Anet has already nerfed the hell outta trying to farm normal mobs.

And that’s where Anet and myself disagree with you. Your looking at it through a monetary gain. I made 10g and had fun doing it. You made 20g and weren’t having much fun doing it. Anet wants to punish the monetary view and wants people to instead focus on having fun. Whats fun running around a big circle killing the same things over and over? Nothing is fun. If I get a precursor I am selling it but I will never go out of my way to buy it. And 10g a day is not peanuts when compared to 600g precursor that was designed to take a long time to get in the first place. Its like trying to equip my 10 characters with ascended gear. Which do you think will take longer? People were complaining about how long it would take to get that much laurels, but I don’t care cause I am having fun doing what I want. If you belief that you need everything right now then you will have less fun.

I am not interested in legendaries at all either cause none of them works with my end goal for my characters. My goal is to get the “The Emperor” achievement which requires equipping 90 pieces of culture armour. Am I rushing to achieve my goal? No.

Anet nerfs farming spots cause they don’t want you to have the option to farm as its not fun and should never be encouraged.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Champions will be placed on some sort of timer system, preventing players from farming them in a static loop as they respawn and in stead requiring players to venture to different zones and kill different champions.

I really hope they don’t put champs on a timer. The FG and CS champ trains are the only real way to make money in this game with any kind of speed since everything else has been nerfed into the ground.

Why must you have to farm? Hell i made 10g in one day from just normally playing and never went to a champ train or anything. I just went to WvW played there, did some dungeons with guildies cause they needed help, did FOTM cause of the relics. All and all I made 10g. If your only concerned about farming then your not having fun which is not what Anet wants.

It has nothing to do with “have to farm”. It’s more about having the option to CHOOSE to farm if I wanted to. Sometimes i’m feeling lazy and just want to throw in some music and just mindlessly follow the zerg and farm. I should be able to do that. And making 10g a day is peanuts when you are talking about 600-800g precursors. I can make an easy 20g just harvesting Ori and Ancient wood a day too but like I said, if i’m either done with dungeons for the day or just don’t feel like dealing with people yet still want to make cash, I should be able to choose to farm champs for cash since Anet has already nerfed the hell outta trying to farm normal mobs.

And that’s where Anet and myself disagree with you. Your looking at it through a monetary gain. I made 10g and had fun doing it. You made 20g and weren’t having much fun doing it. Anet wants to punish the monetary view and wants people to instead focus on having fun. Whats fun running around a big circle killing the same things over and over? Nothing is fun. If I get a precursor I am selling it but I will never go out of my way to buy it. And 10g a day is not peanuts when compared to 600g precursor that was designed to take a long time to get in the first place. Its like trying to equip my 10 characters with ascended gear. Which do you think will take longer? People were complaining about how long it would take to get that much laurels, but I don’t care cause I am having fun doing what I want. If you belief that you need everything right now then you will have less fun.

I am not interested in legendaries at all either cause none of them works with my end goal for my characters. My goal is to get the “The Emperor” achievement which requires equipping 90 pieces of culture armour. Am I rushing to achieve my goal? No.

Anet nerfs farming spots cause they don’t want you to have the option to farm as its not fun and should never be encouraged.

They’re doing it backwards and always have been.

Instead of nerfing the new optimal farm spot (which they implemented btw), they should just normalize that profitability across the game.

If you could do w/e you find fun and ALSO make the same 20g that guy made doing the thing he didn’t like, it would be much better, there wouldn’t even really be a concept of “farming” then, it would just be “playing the game”. You could then just do w/e you find fun, that guy could do w/e he finds fun, and you both make “progress” to your goals w/e that may be.

That is if, 20g/X was the “rate” Anet wanted it at, but that’s just an example. And sure it may not be perfect, even if they did this and champ or zerg farming was still 5-10% more profitable so what? It’s still better than it being 100% more profitable.

If that means nerfing w/e is currently most profitable then w/e, thing is Anet just nerfs the top farming activity, then introduces a new one, and repeats.

You can’t use “fun” to encourage people to do something, that’s the job of “rewards”. Players determine what they find fun, and do that, but then the creators introduce the rewards that will influence players to do what the creators want them to do.

So you can’t just make something boring to discourage farming, that doesn’t make any sense at all lol.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

• It’s because it cost about 300g in mats to get my first Ascended weapon.
  • It’s because I have to make 11 of them total.
  • It’s because that perfect weapon skin our character’s look costs 600g
  • It’s because Legendary weapons cost 1,500g in mats
  • It’s because we are saving for what the ascended armors may cost.

Some of people have “fun” by having optimized characters and taking them into content. Or just love to play dress up. Or just want to feel they are even ground with others. Or want to show off their achievements.

Well Anet has made it so everything worth getting for that crowd is hidden behind a lot of gold. It is nearly impossible to farm all the mats for those expensive items, sure you can get some, perhaps even half. but the RNG of the game makes it a shop driven game. Farm for hours sell what you don’t need buy what you do.

The problem is the end game is (intentionally or not) built around this. So we don’t want to farm. But farming is preferable to getting our items in a year from now. As someone said in another thread the gap between the farmers and non-farmers is growing. I know there are people in my guild who are no closer to an ascended weapon than they are to going to the moon, But some of us are already sitting at 3+ weapons. Why? Because you make 10g in a day… 10g in a day? I make 10g in less than an hour and a half just by clearing a few dungeons.

If you play at your pace every day you would be able to afford a rare skin in what? 2 months? a legendary in 7 months to a year? 1 ascended weapon in a month and a half? that may be fine for you, you may not even want the item. But cant you understand the people who do? At your pace my 3 WvW characters would be finally outfitted in their ascended weapons in more than a year from now. that isn’t fun to me.

For some people the journey is the fun part, and that’s fine but some of us really like the destination and really want to spend more time there. For us the destination keeps getting further and further away every ascended patch so we farm to keep up.

Knote.2904

• It’s because it cost about 300g in mats to get my first Ascended weapon.
  • It’s because I have to make 11 of them total.
  • It’s because that perfect weapon skin our character’s look costs 600g
  • It’s because Legendary weapons cost 1,500g in mats
  • It’s because we are saving for what the ascended armors may cost.

Some of people have “fun” by having optimized characters and taking them into content. Or just love to play dress up. Or just want to feel they are even ground with others. Or want to show off their achievements.

Well Anet has made it so everything worth getting for that crowd is hidden behind a lot of gold. It is nearly impossible to farm all the mats for those expensive items, sure you can get some, perhaps even half. but the RNG of the game makes it a shop driven game. Farm for hours sell what you don’t need buy what you do.

The problem is the end game is (intentionally or not) built around this. So we don’t want to farm. But farming is preferable to getting our items in a year from now. As someone said in another thread the gap between the farmers and non-farmers is growing. I know there are people in my guild who are no closer to an ascended weapon than they are to going to the moon, But some of us are already sitting at 3+ weapons. Why? Because you make 10g in a day… 10g in a day? I make 10g in less than an hour and a half just by clearing a few dungeons.

If you play at your pace every day you would be able to afford a rare skin in what? 2 months? a legendary in 7 months to a year? 1 ascended weapon in a month and a half? that may be fine for you, you may not even want the item. But cant you understand the people who do? At your pace my 3 WvW characters would be finally outfitted in their ascended weapons in more than a year from now. that isn’t fun to me.

For some people the journey is the fun part, and that’s fine but some of us really like the destination and really want to spend more time there. For us the destination keeps getting further and further away every ascended patch so we farm to keep up.

Exactly, now if you could just do w/e you find fun in the game and be on a closer “gold/rate” as people doing the most profitable mindless activity (farming) then farming wouldn’t be that huge, and people could just do w/e you find fun instead (playing the game) and make that progress.

There shouldn’t be some boring activity that is by far the most profitable, it should be equalized as much as possible, and have hard content be the most profitable (risk vs reward).

And by most profitable, I mean in ideal situations, like if the hardest dungeons or highest level fractals gave so much more loot that if your group was good enough to clear it quickly then it would give higher than average “gold/rate” or w/e. (Certainly not double the average rate either).

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i want to know whos the genius in the shadows that decided tequatl should still giving a big pile of blues/greens…dont be afraid come and say ’’i’am the kat genius’’

what a joke…

Just died in JQ

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

One huge snip

Instead of nerfing the new optimal farm spot (which they implemented btw), they should just normalize that profitability across the game.

If you could do w/e you find fun and ALSO make the same 20g that guy made doing the thing he didn’t like, it would be much better, there wouldn’t even really be a concept of “farming” then, it would just be “playing the game”. You could then just do w/e you find fun, that guy could do w/e he finds fun, and you both make “progress” to your goals w/e that may be.

That is if, 20g/X was the “rate” Anet wanted it at, but that’s just an example. And sure it may not be perfect, even if they did this and champ or zerg farming was still 5-10% more profitable so what? It’s still better than it being 100% more profitable.

If that means nerfing w/e is currently most profitable then w/e, thing is Anet just nerfs the top farming activity, then introduces a new one, and repeats.

You can’t use “fun” to encourage people to do something, that’s the job of “rewards”. Players determine what they find fun, and do that, but then the creators introduce the rewards that will influence players to do what the creators want them to do.

So you can’t just make something boring to discourage farming, that doesn’t make any sense at all lol.

But do you know what that leads to? Massive amounts of inflation. You know what that leads to? Much higher prices on the TP. You know what that leads to? Farming to keep up with the prices and get what you want.

If I can earn that 20g/X doing whatever, then that 20g will be worth a lot less in general. So then I need far more gold to buy what I want on the TP. Just saying.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Even if they do it – that won’t prevent the players from farming them as best as possible.
The whole problem with the game right now is not the zerg farming. It’s not a good thing but it is not the CAUSE. it is a SYMPTOM of the problem and the problem is that a good part of the player base are interested in JUST making money fast and getting the stuff they want.

I’m part of this sort of group. This is the mentality I go in this game with – having fun for me is getting the stuff that I want. In GW2 that stuff is very expensive ( in may Twilight cost me 1300 gold. One run of CoF gave around 75 silver. do the math.)

They’ve taken nearly EVERY effective way of making decent money in the game OUT of the game.
You can’t farm anything effectively. It’s all time gated, drop gated, or some other form of restriction is in place.
Not all people want or feel the need to venture into the TP.
If they want people to stop zerging champs, or going for the min/max approach to everything they have to realize that there’s a gap – a very wide – a TOO WIDE – gap between the shinies that people want and the means through which they can obtain them.

What are you going to do once you have all the things you want?

And that’s where the dangling carrot of new skins and stuff come into play. As long as Anet continues to add new skins or gear, you will always have something to grind for. I too am like Harper, I find most of my fun in grinding for the stuff I want. I also like doing new content but after a few times, it’s no longer new so then I focus on grinding for the gear/items I want.

Ok, so say you and Harper had your dreams realized and ArenaNet decided to get rid of grinding completely. Log in, talk to NPC X, boom – any piece of digital kit this game offers is yours for the asking.

What would you do then?

Because if I understand you correctly, you’d stop playing. Since you explicitly say “I find most of my fun in grinding for the stuff I want.” Why on earth would ArenaNet extending the grind, you explicitly say you enjoy, in any way be a bad thing for you? If anything they are extending your enjoyment.

No, I never said to get rid of grinding. Quite opposite actually. I like the grind, that’s why I don’t want them to nerf the champ train. I’d actually like them to allow us to farm normal mobs with some kind of a decent droprate. I think legendaries are fine now although they should make em a little harder. I’m working on my 4th one and I even took 2 months off of the game. If Anet makes champs have a longer cooldown, that will kill champ farm grinding. They already did it with CS mobs when they reduced their drop rates to almost nothing so really in effect Anet IS killing the grind which is the part that makes me sad since I don’t find fun with all this gated stuff. I can just log in, do my dailies and the time gated stuff and then log out since I cant grind since they nerfed all the drops. See my point?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Even if they do it – that won’t prevent the players from farming them as best as possible.
The whole problem with the game right now is not the zerg farming. It’s not a good thing but it is not the CAUSE. it is a SYMPTOM of the problem and the problem is that a good part of the player base are interested in JUST making money fast and getting the stuff they want.

I’m part of this sort of group. This is the mentality I go in this game with – having fun for me is getting the stuff that I want. In GW2 that stuff is very expensive ( in may Twilight cost me 1300 gold. One run of CoF gave around 75 silver. do the math.)

They’ve taken nearly EVERY effective way of making decent money in the game OUT of the game.
You can’t farm anything effectively. It’s all time gated, drop gated, or some other form of restriction is in place.
Not all people want or feel the need to venture into the TP.
If they want people to stop zerging champs, or going for the min/max approach to everything they have to realize that there’s a gap – a very wide – a TOO WIDE – gap between the shinies that people want and the means through which they can obtain them.

What are you going to do once you have all the things you want?

And that’s where the dangling carrot of new skins and stuff come into play. As long as Anet continues to add new skins or gear, you will always have something to grind for. I too am like Harper, I find most of my fun in grinding for the stuff I want. I also like doing new content but after a few times, it’s no longer new so then I focus on grinding for the gear/items I want.

Ok, so say you and Harper had your dreams realized and ArenaNet decided to get rid of grinding completely. Log in, talk to NPC X, boom – any piece of digital kit this game offers is yours for the asking.

What would you do then?

Because if I understand you correctly, you’d stop playing. Since you explicitly say “I find most of my fun in grinding for the stuff I want.” Why on earth would ArenaNet extending the grind, you explicitly say you enjoy, in any way be a bad thing for you? If anything they are extending your enjoyment.

No, I never said to get rid of grinding. Quite opposite actually. I like the grind, that’s why I don’t want them to nerf the champ train. I’d actually like them to allow us to farm normal mobs with some kind of a decent droprate. I think legendaries are fine now although they should make em a little harder. I’m working on my 4th one and I even took 2 months off of the game. If Anet makes champs have a longer cooldown, that will kill champ farm grinding. They already did it with CS mobs when they reduced their drop rates to almost nothing so really in effect Anet IS killing the grind which is the part that makes me sad since I don’t find fun with all this gated stuff. I can just log in, do my dailies and the time gated stuff and then log out since I cant grind since they nerfed all the drops. See my point?

Fwiw, I don’t expect a Champion farm nerf. I don’t believe ANet is trying to prevent legitimate players from farming, just bots.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Again you are making assumptions about me. I did have fun grinding 20g farming ori and ancient wood. And you say Anet punishes monitary view? Is that why they nerfed all the good drops and farming but added gems for real cash and have a fully stocked real cash store? Not to mention everything about this game screams grind. Look at crafting. Look at how much stuff requires ecto, charged lodestones etc yet you cant grind them. Why? Cause Anet wants you to have to buy gems with real cash and then convert to gold and buy it off the TP. It makes them lots of money and again it shows by how many cool skins you can get by “fun” vs how many skins you get by “grinding”.

And to say grinding is not fun. To you maybe but to another it might be fun. I came from games like EQ 1, EQ2, WoW, AoC, Lineage 2, Aion, Tera etc where grinding was normal and actually needed if you wanted to progress. So for me i’m used to it and don’t mind it one bit. Now some like you don’t like it which is fine but this is why Anet needs to offer both so everyone can be happy. How does me wanting to and being able to grind affect you? just like you not wanting to grind wouldn’t affect me.

And to contradict your final statement, Anet nerfs farming cause it will directly affect their gem store since if you can grind 100g an hour, why would you need to buy gems with real cash? You could just convert gold to gems and buy armor skins and stuff off the gem store that way. They don’t nerf farming cause it isn’t fun. They care less prolly what people think is fun or not to an extent. It’s about the bottom line.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Why the hell are the teq weapons account bound? Dam anet, you guys keep dropping the ball and then kick it every time you go to pick it up.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why the hell are the teq weapons account bound? Dam anet, you guys keep dropping the ball and then kick it every time you go to pick it up.

So people who want it will have to participate in the event…otherwise people won’t come in the numbers needed to defeat T’quatl. They’ll wait for others to do it and just buy the thing.

Want the weapon? Do the content. It’s not a mistake on their part.

data.4093

So people who want it will have to participate in the event…otherwise people won’t come in the numbers needed to defeat T’quatl. They’ll wait for others to do it and just buy the thing.

So if I get a pistol as a warrior or a GS as a thief then…GG? Your thought process really is horrible and Anet is dropping the ball in many ways over and over.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

and you expect the weapon to cost 10g so every1 could buy it? that’s funny. Even if it was on TP, i would cost so much that 98% of ppl who are looking for the skin would farm it instead.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

and you expect the weapon to cost 10g so every1 could buy it? that’s funny. Even if it was on TP, i would cost so much that 98% of ppl who are looking for the skin would farm it instead.

This is proof that increasing difficulty level has nothing to do with moar people doing tequatl they just want da loot!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So if I get a pistol as a warrior or a GS as a thief then…GG? Your thought process really is horrible and Anet is dropping the ball in many ways over and over.

Anet needs to make it a token and let you choose your weapon.

data.4093

…and put it on TP.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

This is a free MMO.

I wasn’t aware that GTA V was anything more than another generic sandbox in a giant sea of samey pseudo-realistic sandboxes.

As for Skyrim, I find it to be even more shallow than GW2. Not to mention, the Elder Scrolls series has degraded to a level of difficulty where you have to actively try to fail in order to lose.

I was replying to your post of “You paid $60 for far more content than a single player game of equivalent price would provide…”.

I wasn’t aware you actually meant the difficulty and depth of games. Maybe I can’t read English anymore?

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Or a Rabid weapon when you use Beserkers only. Can’t sell it. Cant give it away. Can’t salvage it. And the odds are low you are going to get a drop with the stats you want. What does ANet expect us to do with Ascended weapons with unwanted stats?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Knote.2904

One huge snip

But do you know what that leads to? Massive amounts of inflation. You know what that leads to? Much higher prices on the TP. You know what that leads to? Farming to keep up with the prices and get what you want.

If I can earn that 20g/X doing whatever, then that 20g will be worth a lot less in general. So then I need far more gold to buy what I want on the TP. Just saying.

Sigh, that’s my point, the 20g/X was a friggin example, thus my disclaimer.

Secondly, no, you wouldn’t have to do anything to “keep up” besides play the game, what you just described is the current state of the game, if you don’t do the current boring optimal farming activity (zerg farming) you fall behind if you want to do w/e you find fun instead.

If everything was on the same level, there wouldn’t be “farming”.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m a fan of the guaranteed yellow from each area once a day. I mostly get greens and blues out of the rest, but sometimes there’s a windfall of rares, or an exotic.

My bigger concern with the revamping is that they will ‘take away’ the guaranteed box by attrition. If all the outdoor events move to these bigger things, there won’t be anything ‘between’ Champ farming and the ‘new’ world events to just ‘meander’ out to when the timer is ready and collect your yellow.

Which, doesn’t sound exciting, I suppose, but it serves a purpose for me. It’s a relatively easy way to at least get in and out with a ‘little’ bit of money and maybe a few ectos.

Champs give great money and other goodies, but ‘rarely’ rares for salvaging for ectos (at least in my experience). Now, if every zone gave a guaranteed rare box once per day off the first champ you killed, that’d be a nice substitute. Or if that’s too easy for it, put a 10 tier achievement out there (with some points to get, that would be great) of 10 champs each that resets every day. You get a ‘rare’ box after each 10, max 10 free rares a day. That would kinda take the place of the rare box from the revamped WEs?

I did Teq once. Not sure I’ll go back again soon. It looked really fun, but I haven’t gotten a handle on the whole (reward money – repair costs from dying) to get a handle on whether it makes sense. I got some sort of chest at the end, and sadly I didn’t see how much (if any) money was in it to make that decision.

What I do recall is not seeing a yellow chest, though admittedly I ‘might’ have done Tequilla that morning before the reset and not entitled to it? Is it still there?

Heh, if it is, what the heck did I just type.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I love it, you get champ bags, rares, blues and greens, and you still complain, lol.

You PvErs are some piece of work, gimme, gimme, gimme.

You’re ridiculous.

Risk/Reward is screwed up and is a problem.

There’s no risk to the PvE side of this game.

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

i love how everyone, including anet, assumes that magic find is ridiculously awesome and worth investing into and that everyone is so eager to increase it.

I did tequatl 2 times got 2 rares.
And since I get 600 karma for daily I don’t even bother doing them anymore.
Just sitting with gold and gems, spending my time chatting with guildies.

Knote.2904

I love it, you get champ bags, rares, blues and greens, and you still complain, lol.

You’re ridiculous.

People taking the word “risk” too literally.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You’re ridiculous.

There’s no risk to the PvP side either.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

i love how everyone, including anet, assumes that magic find is ridiculously awesome and worth investing into and that everyone is so eager to increase it.

I did tequatl 2 times got 2 rares.
And since I get 600 karma for daily I don’t even bother doing them anymore.
Just sitting with gold and gems, spending my time chatting with guildies.

What’s weird is, unless MF got changed after the last ArenaNet discussion of it, it doesn’t apply to:

1) Chests – including world event boss chests.

2) Bonus floaty chests – including the one from each world event.

So MF is actually only even helping us with the giant piles of loot we get from stuff like Scarlet. Apparently 42% (for example) isn’t helping very much, because it’s still blue/green central for me!

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Most of the revamped bosses don’t seem to have anything really interested changed in them, and the ones that are noticeable are more irritating than anything else – the Golem MkII for example.

Now that fight just a matter of standing in a different location and spamming ranged attacks instead of being able to melee attack. At least before you could break up the fight by killing some of the mob spawns, try that now and you just die repeatedly. This fight has been made less fun and more annoying IMO.

If the rewards were better then it might balance some but the extra chests do not make up for it.

It may just be that open-world bosses are just not suited for the mechanics of a difficult dungeon boss. I have no problem going to dungeons for the hard content while the open-world is where players can find the laid-back fights.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

No matter how much or what type of loot ANet provides, once some players get “used” to it, it will become “not enough.”

What a ridiculous argument.

They are complaining because to begin with the loot was always crap, and now that it is even more of a pain the kitten then clearly the reward needs to be somehow better than the crap it used to be. I don’t seen anything illogical about that request nor a slippery slope.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

No matter how much or what type of loot ANet provides, once some players get “used” to it, it will become “not enough.”

What a ridiculous argument.

They are complaining because to begin with the loot was always crap, and now that it is even more of a pain the kitten then clearly the reward needs to be somehow better than the crap it used to be. I don’t seen anything illogical about that request nor a slippery slope.

Do you remember when world boss chests dropped rares once in a blue moon, usually only dropping blues and greens? I do.

Do you remember when the guaranteed rare was added, and people praised ANet for listening? I do.

Now, I rarely do a meta event, but when I do I get the guaranteed rare and usually another one. If not, I get greens. These are the “crap” rewards you and the OP are referring to.

My statement, that you called an “argument” is not an argument. It is an observation.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I really wish they put them on a longer timer or make it so Champ loot bags have some sort of diminishing returns so that the champ trains expand and explore other zones as well and not just FGS CS, and QD. There are still a LOT of avoided champs in a LOT of zones. These zones are beautiful but dead and useless other than map completion.

Or make champs scale better and have some sort of anti zerg mechanic so they aren’t loot piñatas like most if not all meta event bosses prior to their updated versions.

Risk/reward in this game is somewhat okay but becomes brokenly broken when the word zerg joins the equation.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”