Breaking the ice (exploit)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

To start i’d like to explain my intentions. Bringing this exploit to the forums I hope to stop the spread of toxic behavior before it escalates and turns to another blix scenario. I do this because I love to farm it brings me hours of enjoyment and i’d like to be in an environment that is not full of toxic behavior (abuse). Already I see this escalating and feel that no mater how much I advocate respectful behavior and cooperative play alone I can not stop this from growing. Sadly some people think more of their own personal gains even if it hurts others.

Today while farming in my favorite farming spot Frostgorge Sounds I was sadden to see the folks that exploited blix jump to “my” beautiful home. Breaking the ice which is a great and fun event was being exploited the same way as blix. People were PURPOSELY FAILING the event because the reset timer was shorten. This type of play “style” gives a bad reputation to the farming community as a whole and helps to create toxic behavior (toxic being attacks on those that want to finish the event). Breaking the ice is a great way to farm it brings another level of play to the normal train (warm/drake/troll/trio) it adds excitement,cooperation and camaraderie to a farming experience that can sometimes be mundane.

Already when I was attempting to start Breaking the ice a.k.a Coil runs the regular train (wurm/drake/troll) attacked me for trying. After a while they noticed that I was not one of the exploiters and actually apologized to me saying that they only attacked me because before I had logged in another person was trying to set up Coil runs and was attacking the regular train because nobody wanted to join him on the exploit (check A-Net logs for proof 8/27/14 around 9-11am). I completely understood their frustration and we actually ran a few Coil runs and regular train runs together but it won’t always end with a happy ending. Running Coil runs/wurm/drake/quaggon/troll/trio is a great way to farm you get the most bang for your buck. None stop farming that is both profitable and exciting/cooperative. Farmers are not all exploiters they like to farm because they find it fun but when their fun hinders others from having fun (exploit)(purpose fail) then the whole map can turn into a toxic stew.

Please developers I ask as a loyal fan and avid farmer please help fix the timer. The drops are great they are the reason for me to spend time trying to rally my fellow players to run the event and scale it up (I tend to be leading (commander) the events with a few other great commanders) but the timer is whats the problem. Please make the timer for failing and completion the same that way the exploiters will have no reason to stay and my fellow farmers can enjoy the map it was meant to be played (completion of events).

P.S Fellow forum users I know everyone has their opinions good/bad about farmers but this isn’t about farming its about exploits everyone can play the game the way they want but force failing because timer is off is an exploit. At least I THINK (imo) most would agree.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Niii Yu.4572

Niii Yu.4572

What is the issue here? Can you not proceed with living story if event fails?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If this claim is true, then this needs to be fixed even faster than the Blix farm. Causing the event to fail would indeed stop anybody from proceeding through the Living Story, as you cannot destroy the statue to trigger the Braham/Eir instance unless the Breaking the Ice meta-event is complete. (The game will still give you an option to “Destroy” the statue, but if the meta-event is not currently complete on the map, it will not update the Living Story progress.)

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

Let’s never fail gates of Arah either, cause that is clearly an exploit, eh?

Who cares that noone can do the event that unlocks their traits.

Zaxares.5419

That’s more a case of “poorly designed trait unlocks”. It needs an update similar to the Lyssa Temple where you can unlock the trait from both the capture AND the defense event.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

poorly designed trait unlock

Kill the Overgrown Grub in Eternal Battlegrounds.

delete plz anet
delete
(more seriously, give it a cave in Obsidian Sanctum. it’ll be like a mini-raid!)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Zaxares.5419

I’ve NEVER seen anyone kill that Grub. >.>

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

Never did the blix farm but was wondering why was it nerfed? was it blocking progess for peoples story line? or because the event failing was more rewarding to farmers then succeeding and they was giving grief to players for completing the event?

If it was the second then surely they need to take a look at respawn timers for failing on all events and adjust them otherwise the problem is just going to continue to move from event to event until they are all adjusted

Shakkara.2641

Never did the blix farm but was wondering why was it nerfed? was it blocking progess for peoples story line? or because the event failing was more rewarding to farmers then succeeding and they was giving grief to players for completing the event?

If it was the second then surely they need to take a look at respawn timers for failing on all events and adjust them otherwise the problem is just going to continue to move from event to event until they are all adjusted

Trolling players actively go there to succeed the event that the train wants to fail, while noone cared about that particular event before. They actively go dance and all that sort of stuff to taunt people. And then they report people that smack them, just for lulz.

Then they come to forums and whine whine whine how evil farmers make their life miserable and try to get Anet to nerf the event.

Then they send mails and whispers to the commanders that ran farming trains to laugh at them for ruining their farms.

Zoso.8279

Players wanted to complete events for daily in blix example and train would attack them for wanting to finish. Coil event is living story event so hinders the living story.

Some people want to try and justify exploiting events.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It was changed because it divided the community in an unhealthy way. Events were meant to be finished. Not my opinion, but what the devs are saying.

Making more from an event that was never meant to be failed to profit is considered an exploit.

Shakkara.2641

It was changed because it divided the community in an unhealthy way. Events were meant to be finished. Not my opinion, but what the devs are saying.

Making more from an event that was never meant to be failed to profit is considered an exploit.

Sorry, but players have a CHOICE. Do A and get X, or do B and get Y.

Making a choice in a game that is marketed to give players the feeling that the world “Cares that they’re there!” is an exploit now? Lol, so players making a choice and getting rewarded by the designed consequences is not allowed…

If failing an event is not allowed, then it shouldn’t be an option in the game at all. Then we can have a nicely linear WoW game without a “living breathing world” that doesn’t care about player input at all.

This is by design, and if its not intended, then Anet should change their design to reward ‘proper’ behavior a lot more. Right now, the rewards from completing an event are pretty much non-existent, while the actual loot comes from champion mobs that spawn as part of the event. So the question for farmers is simply: “Which event chain spawns the most champions the fastest?”

If Anet wants to change this mentality, then it should properly reward successful event completion with loot that exceeds the champion loot.

(edited by Shakkara.2641)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Ban those exploiters or they will keep doing it.

Nerf the event and they’ll find a new one…

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Zoso.8279

The toxic environment that it created is what I am trying to avoid most of all in Frostgorge Sounds. Again I only have issue with timer everything else imo should stay. Coil only works if you can get a group together which is not very easy to start. Normally means cooperation between current train (wurm etc..) and group looking to run event. But that is half the fun (sometimes) in MMO the ability to cooperate and join together as one.

Without exploiting. i.e purpose fail

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Or we could just make all events rewarding and remove DR.

Just sayin’

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the real issue here is not the players, it’s the design.

Zoso.8279

Just sayin’

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the real issue here is not the players, it’s the design.

That is why timer should be changed. Make timer SAME when you win OR fail the event.

Necromancer Main

Niii Yu.4572

Just sayin’

That is why timer should be changed. Make timer SAME when you win OR fail the event.

Yes, the timer should be changed to 3 min 30 seconds if the event succeeds! That way people get to farm, and event gets to be completed.

Vayne.8563

Sorry, but players have a CHOICE. Do A and get X, or do B and get Y.

Making a choice in a game that is marketed to give players the feeling that the world “Cares that they’re there!” is an exploit now? Lol, so players making a choice and getting rewarded by the designed consequences is not allowed…

If failing an event is not allowed, then it shouldn’t be an option in the game at all. Then we can have a nicely linear WoW game without a “living breathing world” that doesn’t care about player input at all.

This is by design, and if its not intended, then Anet should change their design to reward ‘proper’ behavior a lot more. Right now, the rewards from completing an event are pretty much non-existent, while the actual loot comes from champion mobs that spawn as part of the event. So the question for farmers is simply: “Which event chain spawns the most champions the fastest?”

If Anet wants to change this mentality, then it should properly reward successful event completion with loot that exceeds the champion loot.

According to the TOS using something in game in a way it wasn’t designed to be used to profit is exploiting. If you don’t like the definition, take it up with Anet.

I see it as an unintended way to make more than the game was going to provide if you played it as intended. Apparently Anet sees it the same way.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Anet’s stated position on purposefully failing an event (for profit):

There are really two sides to this, and when it comes down to it, you are both right – and you are both wrong. Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).

Note that Mr Cleary states that the side attempting to fail the event has the same right to do so as does the side attempting to complete it. He then goes on to speak about toxicity and player interaction, the given reasons for the nerf in that case.

If the company says that exploiting is not allowed, but that purposefully failing an event for profit is allowed, then they have said that failing an event for profit is not an exploit.

That said, I believe that failing an event should not be more rewarding than succeeding and hopefully Anet can come up with a fix to this trend. If they redefine purposeful event failing as an exploit int he future that would be their right, but as of the their most recent comment (unless I have missed something) on the matter it is not.

Vayne.8563

There are really two sides to this, and when it comes down to it, you are both right – and you are both wrong. Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).

Note that Mr Cleary states that the side attempting to fail the event has the same right to do so as does the side attempting to complete it.

If the company says that exploiting is not allowed, but that purposefully failing an event for profit is allowed, then they have said that failing an event for profit is not an exploit.

That said, I believe that failing an event should not be more rewarding than succeeding and hopefully Anet can come up with a fix to this trend. If they redefine purposeful event failing as an exploit int he future that would be their right, but as of the their most recent comment (unless I have missed something) on the matter it is not.

So how do you explain the Iron Marches bans for farming linen by not completing an event?

Zoso.8279

Just sayin’

Yes, the timer should be changed to 3 min 30 seconds if the event succeeds! That way people get to farm, and event gets to be completed.

Honestly I don’t feel that would be an appropriate solution because you get a good amount of bags when event scales up. Imo leave timer as is and change fail to normal timer so no benefit is gained from failing and you get the last three champion drops if you succeed. So more bags if you win. (and thanks for sarcasm)

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Note that Mr Cleary states that the side attempting to fail the event has the same right to do so as does the side attempting to complete it.

So how do you explain the Iron Marches bans for farming linen by not completing an event?

Do you have a quote from an Anet rep giving the exact reason for the bans ? I am quoting an Anet rep here, not extrapolating, guessing, etc.

Vayne.8563

I don’t. Just have an Anet quote that basically sounds diplomatic and sides with those who want to finish the event, and knowledge of past stuff that’s happened where it was on these forums that people got banned for failing events to get linen. There was no denial from Anet on this at the time.

It was wrong, I’m not sure why Anet wouldn’t have corrected it.

Do you have a quote from an Anet rep giving the exact reason for the bans ? I am quoting an Anet rep here, not extrapolating, guessing, etc.

Niii Yu.4572

Just sayin’

Honestly I don’t feel that would be an appropriate solution because you get a good amount of bags when event scales up. Imo leave timer as is and change fail to normal timer so no benefit is gained from failing and you get the last three champion drops if you succeed. So more bags if you win. (and thanks for sarcasm)

So what you are saying is “Please anet nerf this farm because its too profitable”. Not everyone plays TP or can afford to buy gold with real money like you. You gave perfect solution to the problem, and if ArenaNet increases fail event timer then that will be nothing more but proof that they want us to buy gems with real money.

Zoso.8279

Just sayin’

So what you are saying is “Please anet nerf this farm because its too profitable”. Not everyone plays TP or can afford to buy gold with real money like you. You gave perfect solution to the problem, and if ArenaNet increases fail event timer then that will be nothing more but proof that they want us to buy gems with real money.

What? Ok ill just ignore all those false claims. Fixing timer so nobody can exploit the event is not “nerfing” its a design flaw fix. Take off your tin foil hat.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Let’s never fail gates of Arah either, cause that is clearly an exploit, eh?

Have you not been playing since April? If you’re still trying to fail Arah defence you are missing out.

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

lmao

Of course they want you to buy gems with real money its how they make money to keep the servers running and developing the game. They are a business trying to make a profit at the end of the day.

What is being said is anet need to take the same stance to this event as they did to blix and any other event that farmers move onto.

People being abused and given grief for completing these events is causing this so called toxicity. Ok they are people purposely trying to complete these events to annoy the farmers but that doesn’t mean anyone trying to complete the event is purposely doing so. How does it make the game community look when new players stumble across these farms thinking great an event I can help out on only to then all of a sudden receive abuse for trying to complete it.

It shouldn’t be the fastest way to earn money. Updates to the game have made it so and changes need to be made to bring it back in line with other aspects of the game not change everything else to match.

Zoso.8279

Again imo only thing that should be changed is FAILURE TIMER. I love to farm the event and I love farming in general I just don’t like the toxicity created when people try to fail. Please A-Net don’t change the original start timer ONLY the failure time (not a demand but a plea). Please! Or how the scaling/drop system works.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

We are already working on a fix for this event chain. In the mean time, please report players that are being overly toxic (chat) during these events for “Verbal Abuse” as this is a violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Again imo only thing that should be changed is FAILURE TIMER. I love to farm the event and I love farming in general I just don’t like the toxicity created when people try to fail. Please A-Net don’t change the original start timer ONLY the failure time (not a demand but a plea). Please! Or how the scaling/drop system works.

That indeed makes much more sense than just increasing the time until the event restarts.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Hey, Arena Net.

Why don’t you guys just go ahead and take a trip down to Orr and nerf all the champs into vets, so that way it doesn’t become toxic, like the Queensdale train? Because after all, let’s not drag it out and let every. single. place. in the game and let them become toxic. While you guys are active, let’s dose up the Frostgorge train too. Because sooner or later someone is going to come squealing and crying about being called a bad name or told to not kill the champs out of order so everything will run smooth.

When there are no places left to farm and all the T6 mats are so high that you have to buy gems then convert it gold, maybe the players will grow thicker skin and quit being babies and just shut up and follow the train and quit ruining what’s left in the game that’s still good.

Shakkara.2641

I farmed that one for weeks and have not been banned.

The people that got banned there were most likely botting (and not admitting later that they were using a bot)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We are already working on a fix for this event chain. In the mean time, please report players that are being overly toxic (chat) during these events for “Verbal Abuse” as this is a violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct.

I wonder if Anet will ever learn that it is them who are making the toxic environment…

Players want to farm. It will continue until you either:

A. Ban every player in the game and shut down the game
B. Remove every mob in the game

Maybe figure out what players want and give it to them instead of trying to rule your game with an iron fist of depression.

Vayne.8563

I wonder if Anet will ever learn that it is them who are making the toxic environment…

Maybe figure out what players want and give it to them instead of trying to rule your game with an iron fist of depression.

Farming isn’t really the issue. Abusing people who want to finish events is the issue. If farmers accepted the fact that some people actually like to play the game as intended, there wouldn’t be a problem. The problem exists because farmers feel like they own the event. They don’t.

Anet has said no one should ever feel bad about finishing an event. And that is the proverbial that.

Posted by: nanoages.7693

nanoages.7693

Ya, you know something is VERY WRONG when even the story dialog told us to DO THIS ALONE to please the whitebear or whatever

and then they put it in the normal map! wonderful!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

A guildmate of mine was up there trying to do the events for her achievements, and the first go round she found that they were purposefully failing. She talked to the person who was tagged up and the next go round they succeeded all of the events so that she could get past it.

There were SOME people in the group being jerks about having the event completed, but so that my guildmate could progress the “leader” of the zerg did make sure the event succeeded.

I don’t see the issue if people want to purposefully fail an event BUT will fully complete the event when someone comes along and needs the event completed.

It is the toxic folks on both sides that ruin the fun for everyone.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

How about option C?

C. A.net people log into the game unflagged, then stroll around DR or any other capital city and watch as well known trolls (who some have been around since release) continuously break rules in the EULA, TOS and sometimes US law and say with a straight face that it’s not the players who are toxic.

Take a stroll around the world itself and watch map chat then log off and say that you’re not sickened by what’s posted and say that it’s farming a boss or a series of champs over and over that makes the community bad.

I remember playing GW 1 and seeing players hold themselves to high standards and would actually say “Watch your language please.” and people would get in line.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/legal/rulesofconduct.php

When that actually meant something and was upheld by both players and staff.

While playing Guild Wars, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. You will not report players maliciously, or cause them to be investigated without reason.

What happened to that rule being enforced?

You may not post or link to any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content.

When communicating in Guild Wars using Global Chat (including, without limitation, server wide chat and use of the whisper command), you may not spam, flood, or make duplicate posts.

Oh.. I know what happened. The age of microtransactions happened and now a trolls money is just as good as someone who wants to play the game in a nice and friendly way.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I’ve NEVER seen anyone kill that Grub. >.>

I did it once with a big zerg. It took ages.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: GammaBreaker.9102

GammaBreaker.9102

Huh. Didn’t know people intentionally failed this one. But it’s been a couple of months since I went to FGS.

If I’m in the area, I always finish this one. It’s not trolling, I just like to…finish events, save those handful that actually get superior rewards if you fail one step. I’m looking at you, captive Quaggan.

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Anchorage, Blix, Breaking the Ice…
The list of rewarding farms including failing events is high, fixing the timer on those events is just a band-aid.
Someone suggested a good idea to reward successful events, might be worth ot take a look.

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

You guys refuse to let us have fun don’t you? Even when we’re farming legitimately you have to swoop in like some anti-fun despot and ruin everything. Because we all know you don’t want us getting loot/gold/mats on our own at a quick clip. You want us to struggle for it so we cave in and buy gems, turn gems into gold and buy the stuff we want. This is a huge conflict of interest.

I ran this event with Zoso all day yesterday. No one complained. We were all having a good time. No one complained. Every one was positive and no one was toxic. It was a fun social event. I had more fun yesterday doing this event (and trio, quaggan, champtrain when coil wasn’t up) than I’ve had in a long time. Apparently that’s not the endgame here though is it?

You people are effing incredible, man. I just don’t get it.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

(edited by Iconik.8712)

kokiman.2364

You guys refuse to let us have fun don’t you? Even when we’re farming legitimately you have to swoop in like some anti-fun despot and ruin everything. Because we all know you don’t want us getting loot/gold/mats on our own at a quick clip. You want us to struggle for it so we cave in and buy gems, turn gems into gold and buy the stuff we want.

Yeah “let us have fun”. Your farmzerg isn’t representative for the whole community.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You fix this event chain, they’ll find another.

I would have preferred if all drops in events were put on hold until the end of the event, and calculated based on whatever is required for participation in the event, not enemies defeated.
Then give them to players at the end regardless of success in WvW, and only upon success in PvE (or maybe with a severe MF penalty on failure) in a small chest only you can see that appears on your location.

That way in WvW those that rush to the lord for drops are not rewarded more than those that stay behind guarding he door, and those that try to forcefully produce more enemies and restart event sooner in PvE at the expense of other player’s fun will well.. waste their time trying to do that, like someone would waste their time trying to steal nodes from other players.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

khani.4786

You guys refuse to let us have fun don’t you? Even when we’re farming legitimately you have to swoop in like some anti-fun despot and ruin everything. Because we all know you don’t want us getting loot/gold/mats on our own at a quick clip. You want us to struggle for it so we cave in and buy gems, turn gems into gold and buy the stuff we want. This is a huge conflict of interest.

I ran this event with Zoso all day yesterday. No one complained. We were all having a good time. No one complained. Every one was positive and no one was toxic. It was a fun social event. I had more fun yesterday doing this event (and trio, quaggan, champtrain when coil wasn’t up) than I’ve had in a long time. Apparently that’s not the endgame here though is it?

It is not the farming that is the issue. It is the people being toxic when people need to complete the event.

I used to be one of those people that would come in and complete the event just to spite the farmers, but since it was clearly stated that “Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).” I’ve since stopped doing that.

People have the right to farm and fail events if they want.
BUT
People also have the right to complete events if they want.

It is when one or both sides become rude, abusive and/or toxic that a problem develops. While your particular group wasn’t being toxic, there are other versions of the map out there and likely people getting frustrated with one group trolling another and lashing out.

Until people quit being jerks to the other group trying to do what they want, we’re going to get band-aids like this. It sucks that a few toxic folks ruin the fun of lots of people. It’s hard to find that balance to keep everyone happy.

Iconik.8712

It is not the farming that is the issue. It is the people being toxic when people need to complete the event.

I used to be one of those people that would come in and complete the event just to spite the farmers, but since it was clearly stated that “Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).” I’ve since stopped doing that.

BUT
People also have the right to complete events if they want.

It is when one or both sides become rude, abusive and/or toxic that a problem develops. While your particular group wasn’t being toxic, there are other versions of the map out there and likely people getting frustrated with one group trolling another and lashing out.

Until people quit being jerks to the other group trying to do what they want, we’re going to get band-aids like this. It sucks that a few toxic folks ruin the fun of lots of people. It’s hard to find that balance to keep everyone happy.

People will be toxic during any event anywhere in GW2. Are we supposed to “fix” every event in the game because someone somewhere is being a meanie face? There are people doing this right. I helped run an all day farming event in FGS yesterday. No one complained. If you questioned why we were actually completing the event, we explained. If you still didn’t like it, we asked you to find another map because we weren’t interested in toxicity.

So let’s ruin another event due to toxic players? They aren’t fixing the event because of toxicity. They’re fixing the event because it’s fun and lucrative. They don’t want lucrative. They want you to struggle for it so you eventually break down and buy gems.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Vayne.8563

What part of people can’t progress in their story because you want to have fun do you not get?

Iconik.8712

You guys refuse to let us have fun don’t you? Even when we’re farming legitimately you have to swoop in like some anti-fun despot and ruin everything. Because we all know you don’t want us getting loot/gold/mats on our own at a quick clip. You want us to struggle for it so we cave in and buy gems, turn gems into gold and buy the stuff we want.

Yeah “let us have fun”. Your farmzerg isn’t representative for the whole community.

It’s a legitimate farm while completing the event. You’re saying those that do it right aren’t representative of the community? If you don’t want to do it right, find another map. You’re free to do it wrong. If you want to do it right, I’ll taxi you in.

Iconik.8712

What part of people can’t progress in their story because you want to have fun do you not get?

You can complete that portion of the LS regardless of whether or not it’s completed or not. The only thing you won’t get is the achievement, but we got several people their achievement as well because we asked if anyone needed the achievement before we started. If one person said they needed it, we did our best to complete it for them.

khani.4786

People will be toxic during any event anywhere in GW2. Are we supposed to “fix” every event in the game because someone somewhere is being a meanie face? There are people doing this right. I helped run an all day farming event in FGS yesterday. No one complained. If you questioned why we were actually completing the event, we explained. If you still didn’t like it, we asked you to find another map because we weren’t interested in toxicity.

So let’s ruin another event due to toxic players? They aren’t fixing the event because of toxicity. They’re fixing the event because it’s fun and lucrative. They don’t want lucrative. They want you to struggle for it so you eventually break down and buy gems.

I completely agree with you. I’d rather they stop trying to put a band-aid on things when a few people are being jerks.

But since this particular event chain is needed for the living story steps I guess I can see why this one is getting the attention it is.

I like farming myself even if I don’t do it often. I just wish they’d put in event chains that are just as (or more) lucrative to farm and complete.

kokiman.2364

Well if that’s the case A.Net should rewrite their ToS.

I stopped running around and doing Events in cursed shore when one time I tried to do an event with some people, apparently that event was supposed to fail. So after some waves, the zerg came and the commander told everyone to just scale the event up. They did that, we died and they just stood there and watched. After the event failed, they left like nothing happened. This was not only sad but also terrifying. Seeing a whole zerg of people just watching you die, I know it’s just a game but still.. geez.

Like it was already said nerfing that event is just a bandaid solution, they’ll find another event and exploit the fail state and they will continue to do that until someone gives them a slap and tells them to stop.

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players.

GuildWars 2