CDI- Character Progression-Horizontal

in CDI

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

there were talks of a Nemesis a while ago in a blog post,but was never fully done,im sure one of the tech wizz kids can post the Anet blogpost about the nemesis feature here

in CDI

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

there were talks of a Nemesis a while ago in a blog post,but was never fully done,im sure one of the tech wizz kids can post the Anet blogpost about the nemesis feature here

yep here you go:

Anet Blogpost

We’ve had long meetings, with our most colorful thinking caps on, to discuss how we will pay off all your patience during these early months of teaser content, and we’ve come up with some thrilling storylines that we feel will keep you intrigued and get you even more deeply involved in the ongoing progress of the Living Story. Aside from the Living Story main characters, we’ll also be surprising you with interesting villains, one of whom will become your personal nemesis. Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it. <grin>

source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

I guess they were talking about Scarlet

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in CDI

Posted by: Lorea.3081

Lorea.3081

Too much people have talking about the problemas with housing and guild hall in any place. On the one hand, i think that the “home” district past should for anything interesting, and housing is one option. But… well, i also read a great idea in suggestion forum for make your house in practically any place (i mean really possible solution for the actual system work):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Portable-door-Player-housing/first#post3170083

¡Queremos casitas! <a href="http://bit.ly/1c2sHkk">Tu casa en cualquier lugar </a>

in CDI

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Hi everyone, I just want to say again that I think this CDI has been awesome and I can’t wait to see how some of these ideas might be implemented into the game.

I also want to take a second to bring up an issue that negatively affects horizontal character progression for myself and many other players, and that’s armor distortion and/or clipping. I’ve seen it brought up many times, but I just want to briefly mention it here in hopes of getting a response from you, Chris or Izzy.

The problem is simply that, for some races, many armor sets seem to have been stretched to fit or improperly scaled to fit, or just don’t fit at all. For those who care about their character’s look, it can be hard enough to get everything just right, but add to that the fact that for some race/sex combinations, a large number of armor pieces just don’t fit as they should.

I’ll use Arah dungeon armor on Sylvari males as an example here, but there are many more. See the first attached image, the skirt on the leggings protrudes outward on the Sylvari, while it is smooth and straight for Humans. Also, the tassels below the belt hang straight and look normal on Human, but on Sylvari they are bulging unnaturally.

Also note in the other two images that Sylvari male shoulders are disproportionate for many armor sets. Arah light and Phalanx heavy (which I would have purchased if not for this issue) are the examples I’m showing but almost all shoulders look comically large on male Sylvari.

This kind of stuff has a huge effect on my motivation to progress my character.

For me, this is really not a nitpick, it affects the way and amount I play the game and enjoy it. I would spend hours doing dungeon runs to collect the ~1.2k tokens for dungeon armor sets if not for this type of thing. I’d like a full CM heavy, a full SE heavy, a full HotW heavy, but just previewing these sets on Sylvari male, the shoulders are so ill-fitting it’s not worth it. Unfortunately, so many armor sets just look glitchy, rushed or unnatural on Sylvari males, and it really dampens any desire I have to work toward progressing my character’s appearance.

I have read many, many similar posts from people who play other races, especially charr. If it helps, I will take the time to compile a list of posts like this.

I have also read posts from Izzy about how much time it takes to create armor sets for every race/sex combination. I love the armor in this game, I think it’s really well done, and I can appreciate that each set takes a significant amount of time to develop, but it just seems like for Humans you guys go all the way with giving enough TLC to get it looking great, while for the other races, you don’t put the time in and it shows.

I guess I and many others would just like an answer on these two questions.

Should we just reroll to Human if we want armor that fits correctly, or in the future can we expect to see more love given to properly fitting armor for the other races?

In regard to existing armor sets, is there any chance that the issues like those I’ve pointed out on the Arah heavy set will ever be fixed?

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Added two more in-game shots of the Arah heavy skirt on Sylvari male, I noticed the other one doesn’t quite capture how annoying and eye-drawing the weird spot is. The bottom pic shows how unfortunate this is, especially from the back where the camera spends the majority of time. Can’t….look…away………

I’m sure you can see how working toward an end game armor skin set like Arah kinda loses its draw for some races =P

Attachments:

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

(edited by Facepunch.5710)

in CDI

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

morrolan.9608:

How about some of the more egregious vertical progression imbalances get fixed before implementing purely horizontal progression suggestions such as the fixing ascended armor crafting so that it is more equitable instead of light armor taking 36 days to craft, medium armor 24 days and heavy armor 25 days due to the time gating on bolts of damask.

The goal of the T7 materials is not to be a pure time gate for crafting it’s to allow those materials to have value above their cost. This does mean weapons and armor that only take one material take longer to craft if you craft all the T7 mats yourself but you could also buy those mats thus it isn’t a time gate.

We do recognize that cloth prices are a bit high this is a factor of how hard it is to focus farm for leather and cloth. This is something we are looking into.

I have to disagree a little wee bit on the time gate comment… someone had to spend the time, the gating is there regardless although I can see what you’re saying as well. But that’s actually a pretty weak argument… sorry.

However the gating comes into play when you have people that don’t have the in game gold to purchase all the mats nor the real world resources available to convert gems to gold to make up the difference. I think of it as a time gate with work arounds. The gate is in crafting yourself. The work arounds are purchasing off the TP with earned gold or doing the same with purchased gold.

I’ll have to echo this with a lil bit added. If the purpose of a time gate is to keep the hardcores from running away from the casuals (so to say) they allowing gold to bypass it completely invalidates the gate. Silk has become a secondary time gate that does this exact thing. Casuals cannot go out and farm 300 silk per day, nor do they have the resources to buy as much. Thus effectively the gap between the hardcore and the casuals is only widening, which is the exact opposite to ya’lls intent. I am baffled by this as we were told something was black and it turns out white, yet there seems to be no concern….why?

Adding to this discussion…
Does anyone consider the Vision Crystal a time gate? If the ‘run of the mill’ world bosses and temples only get completed by enough players X amount of times per day, wouldn’t that almost qualify as a time gate as well? A player could not zone into an area, and farm nodes for what he needs for ascended crafting. He/she is reliant on the following:

1. The temple/world boss must be available to fight.
2. The server must have enough players to complete the event.

And you can only complete, for example, Temple of Lyssa X amount of times in a day. It isn’t like you can buy dragonite ore or empyreal fragments off the TP.

So you are reliant on the above two factors, there are only so many times each event spawns per day, and the fact that you cannot purchase the ore/fragments off the TP. Does qualify vision crystals for time gate as well?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

morrolan.9608:

How about some of the more egregious vertical progression imbalances get fixed before implementing purely horizontal progression suggestions such as the fixing ascended armor crafting so that it is more equitable instead of light armor taking 36 days to craft, medium armor 24 days and heavy armor 25 days due to the time gating on bolts of damask.

The goal of the T7 materials is not to be a pure time gate for crafting it’s to allow those materials to have value above their cost. This does mean weapons and armor that only take one material take longer to craft if you craft all the T7 mats yourself but you could also buy those mats thus it isn’t a time gate.

We do recognize that cloth prices are a bit high this is a factor of how hard it is to focus farm for leather and cloth. This is something we are looking into.

I have to disagree a little wee bit on the time gate comment… someone had to spend the time, the gating is there regardless although I can see what you’re saying as well. But that’s actually a pretty weak argument… sorry.

However the gating comes into play when you have people that don’t have the in game gold to purchase all the mats nor the real world resources available to convert gems to gold to make up the difference. I think of it as a time gate with work arounds. The gate is in crafting yourself. The work arounds are purchasing off the TP with earned gold or doing the same with purchased gold.

I’ll have to echo this with a lil bit added. If the purpose of a time gate is to keep the hardcores from running away from the casuals (so to say) they allowing gold to bypass it completely invalidates the gate. Silk has become a secondary time gate that does this exact thing. Casuals cannot go out and farm 300 silk per day, nor do they have the resources to buy as much. Thus effectively the gap between the hardcore and the casuals is only widening, which is the exact opposite to ya’lls intent. I am baffled by this as we were told something was black and it turns out white, yet there seems to be no concern….why?

Does anyone consider the Vision Crystal a time gate? If the ‘run of the mill’ world bosses and temples only get completed by enough players X amount of times per day, wouldn’t that almost qualify as a time gate as well? A player could not zone into an area, and farm nodes for what he needs for ascended crafting. He/she is reliant on the following:

And you can only complete, for example, Temple of Lyssa X amount of times in a day. It isn’t like you can buy dragonite ore or empyreal fragments off the TP.

So you are reliant on the above two factors, there are only so many times each event spawns per day, and the fact that you cannot purchase the ore/fragments off the TP. Does qualify vision crystals for time gate as well?

I wouldn’t consider it a time gate, you can actively work on it as much as you want. There’s no daily limit on how much of each you can obtain. Yes it gets harder to earn more than x after you run out of major events but there’s still ways to get more , Wvw capping for example.
It’s also not the limiting factor for most people, you can realistically get the 500 of each for one vision crystal in ~3-5 days of an average persons gameplay time*. where as the T7 would take slightly longer.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

No, that would be a huge stretch calling that a time gate. A big difference with that and clicking a button and being told you can’t click that button for another 24 hours is that you can set the pace yourself. If you want to spend a whole day jumping from world boss to world boss and amassing a lot of dragonite ore, you have that option. The “needing enough players” issue I haven’t come across, but perhaps that’s a problem for servers with lower populations (but nothing guesting can’t fix). Keep in mind, you can also obtain dragonite ore from WvW, though admittedly it’s not much and should be buffed.

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What I would like us to do is pick ONE idea that you would hold above all others as it relates to the community as a whole.

Given that I recall someone saying that a skin locker of some kind is more of a QoL improvement, I’ll pass on that as any upgrades beyond that will kind of depend on how the base idea will work. So…

Housing, both guild and personal.

If you want to do this right, I think you’ll need to make a new zone to base it all in. You could even make the introduction of the new zone a part of the living story. Start with it opening up as a bunch of workers move in to start to clear and build in the area. As we deal with the threats and problems of the zone, they start to build. Eventually, we have a new city that was made to be a social central hub for the game, much the same way that Lion’s Arch is the practical hub for the game.

There can be several areas of town where one can “purchase” a home. The insides of the homes can be instanced, with the part of the city it’s in giving a general feel for the outside. (Let’s face it, non-instanced houses would be nice, but any zone made for them will quickly be filled, leaving many people out.) There can also be parts of the city with guild halls that work the same way. The remainder of the city would be best set aside for “settings”, basically areas that make a good backdrop for RP and events. Some bars and places to eat, a small temple of the Six, an asura library outpost, a garden park, and so on.

I would also suggest that the zone contain an old ruined castle or fort of some kind. The ruins can be a jumping puzzle, and there can be a large, locked door down in the basement to be used for later content (possibly a new kind of dungeon).

Decorating your house should be possible right from the start of having one, but decorating it WELL should take work. There’s been plenty of great suggestions on how that could work, so I’ll not go into it too much here. I’ll simply point out that having a LOT of little things to do will be better than having HARD things to do. Lots of the people that will be doing this are not the hard-core gamers that take on the big challenges. They’re the small, the roleplayers, and the casual. If taking down Teq gets you some trophy for it, that’s great. But it should never be the only way to get a component for a bed frame. It would be more fun to track down some craftsman somewhere and bring him fifty soft wood planks so he can teach me how to make it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in CDI

Cliff.8679

If you want to do this right, I think you’ll need to make a new zone to base it all in. You could even make the introduction of the new zone a part of the living story. Start with it opening up as a bunch of workers move in to start to clear and build in the area. As we deal with the threats and problems of the zone, they start to build. Eventually, we have a new city that was made to be a social central hub for the game, much the same way that Lion’s Arch is the practical hub for the game.

I discussed this with someone else a bit earlier, but I’m not so sure this is the right approach. From an in-character perspective, there’s very little reason our characters should all just be living in some new multicultural city that springs up far away from our home nations. I think it makes a lot more sense to start with the assumption that our characters live in their respective nations. If housing is going to be instanced anyway, they could even allow us to warp there at any time, similar to the Heart of the Mists. That way it doesn’t require them to redo the existing cities to accommodate the new housing system. This also means that it opens up a lot more possibilities for different styles/settings for our houses, because they won’t necessarily be tied to the look of the surrounding area in the open world. An Asura player could have a floating lab that requires a teleporter to reach the front door, or even a fun, mini jumping puzzle. Or, if they prefer, they could have an underground lab with a cave entrance. Both very different, very cool options that are made a no-brainer as far as implementation goes if it works like Heart of the Mists.

in CDI

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I discussed this with someone else a bit earlier, but I’m not so sure this is the right approach. From an in-character perspective, there’s very little reason our characters should all just be living in some new multicultural city that springs up far away from our home nations. I think it makes a lot more sense to start with the assumption that our characters live in their respective nations. If housing is going to be instanced anyway, they could even allow us to warp there at any time, similar to the Heart of the Mists. That way it doesn’t require them to redo the existing cities to accommodate the new housing system. This also means that it opens up a lot more possibilities for different styles/settings for our houses, because they won’t necessarily be tied to the look of the surrounding area in the open world. An Asura player could have a floating lab that requires a teleporter to reach the front door, or even a fun, mini jumping puzzle. Or, if they prefer, they could have an underground lab with a cave entrance. Both very different, very cool options that are made a no-brainer as far as implementation goes if it works like Heart of the Mists.

Of course in theory it sounds fine to have housing like that, BUT you forget it will kind of go beyond the purpose of housing in the first place. If you want to make housing something succesful, you want it to be part of the world and part of the game. Your house shouldn’t be just another empty building that was built for you without any options for customization. Instead it should be a process that requires you to adventure for materials and build the way you like, wherever you like, and making it open to any random player, so it should be in the open world à la sandbox.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in CDI

Conski Deshan.2057

Not that I’m agreeing to the city idea but you could have it as the first pact city in the other half of orr that we haven’t explored. That way you’d cater to people who want to see revitalized orr and those who want a new zone + “Union city”.

in CDI

Cliff.8679

Of course in theory it sounds fine to have housing like that, BUT you forget it will kind of go beyond the purpose of housing in the first place. If you want to make housing something succesful, you want it to be part of the world and part of the game. Your house shouldn’t be just another empty building that was built for you without any options for customization. Instead it should be a process that requires you to adventure for materials and build the way you like, wherever you like, and making it open to any random player, so it should be in the open world à la sandbox.

The way GW2 was built, open-world sandbox housing simply cannot work at this point. If they were to do it, it would require making enormous new maps with the sole purpose of player housing, and even then it wouldn’t have enough room for everyone if they want to make it an inclusive system where all players have a home. It would also require a decay system so that players who quit long ago don’t have their houses taking up world space. GW2 wasn’t designed for this kind of housing system from its conception, and this kind of system isn’t feasible unless that’s the case. Open world housing is incredibly cool, but we’re not going to see it in GW2. It needs to be instanced.

And I didn’t say houses should only be open to us with no chances of customization. We should be able to invite friends into our house, and the entire point of bringing up personal housing was as a horizontal progression system: this means customizing.

I have a whole writeup on how personal housing like this would work.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/6#post3410915

in CDI

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

A quick top-3 from me:

1. More weapon choices for classes (I’ve been dying for a Mainhand Pistol on my Mesmer)
2. Give minis some love by adding a Mini-slot to the Hero Tab so a mini can be slotted there instead of having us carry it around in our invisible bag all the time and requiring us to manually select it every time we zone or die. Also, mini-mini-games like Polymock and that arena in Lion’s Arch.
3. Player Housing with options to display things. I would love to have a display case in my house where I can put the full set of Destiny’s Edge minis.

Also, personally I’ve just about had it with all this temporary content and would rather see you guys adding persistent content by focusing on opening up the rest of the map. At the moment it feels like more than 50% of the existing map of Tyria can’t be visited (Ring of Fire, Crystal Desert, Magus Falls, Maguuma Wastes, Far Shiverpeaks etc). Why not turn it into expansion packs that we have to purchase through the Gemstore if needs be, but a lot of us would really like to see and visit the rest of Tyria!

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would love to have henchmen or followers, and I would love scalable instances, but I do not think they will be easy things to implement.

Guys what about this: every npc you completed a heart for, will be in your debt. You may call upon the npc for dungeons in the zone. Problem is, would only work for instanced, because the npcs still need to be in the world for other players to complete their hearts.

I am amused by the possibilities involved in calling Farmer Eda in to help in CoF. “But but … I only like heat inside a pie baking oven!”

in CDI

Sirendor.1394

The way GW2 was built, open-world sandbox housing simply cannot work at this point. If they were to do it, it would require making enormous new maps with the sole purpose of player housing, and even then it wouldn’t have enough room for everyone if they want to make it an inclusive system where all players have a home. It would also require a decay system so that players who quit long ago don’t have their houses taking up world space. GW2 wasn’t designed for this kind of housing system from its conception, and this kind of system isn’t feasible unless that’s the case. Open world housing is incredibly cool, but we’re not going to see it in GW2. It needs to be instanced.

And I didn’t say houses should only be open to us with no chances of customization. We should be able to invite friends into our house, and the entire point of bringing up personal housing was as a horizontal progression system: this means customizing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/6#post3410915

Hi Cliff

I read the post, but despite it being a good idea and probably more realistic than open world (in terms of possibility), it doesn’t really light a spark of anticipation in me. I fear if ArenaNet invests in this kind of ‘progression’ it would be only for a small percentage of players, not involving a lot of actual gameplay and creating only a small amount of content itself, making it a wasted effort for taking a lot of resources developing it.
I’m going to stick to my statement: ArenaNet needs players to create their own entertainment, by offering them a large set of tools (I’ll humbly refer to Everquest Next: Landmark).

in CDI

Sirendor.1394

I would love to have henchmen or followers, and I would love scalable instances, but I do not think they will be easy things to implement.

Guys what about this: every npc you completed a heart for, will be in your debt. You may call upon the npc for dungeons in the zone. Problem is, would only work for instanced, because the npcs still need to be in the world for other players to complete their hearts.

I am amused by the possibilities involved in calling Farmer Eda in to help in CoF. “But but … I only like heat inside a pie baking oven!”

Haha, I didn’t really think it out. Was just trying to offer a workable option involving existing structures. I guess it would be funny at the least.

in CDI

Posted by: Flagello.2374

Flagello.2374

no new gear
See and read what declared at the beginning of project guild wars 2.

Ascended gear should not exist according to your beginning statement

This is not W.O.W this is Guild wars 2
and if you want to introduce new upgrade go to Guild Wars and introducing GVG , Codex Arena , Heroe’s Ascent and all featuring lost from Guild Wars

Flagello
Guild :
The Rerollers and Lion

in CDI

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

no new gear
Ascended gear should not exist according to your beginning statement

Rumors have floated around in the deepest darkest corners of the internet that Anet was working on Ascended gear and Fractals of the Mist long before the game was ever released, but got pushed back in favor of refining and fixing other aspects of the game. So are you telling me that it shouldn’t exist because it takes too long to get, or it shouldn’t exist because Anet didn’t complete it on time?

in CDI

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Cdi is great, but I think there should be in-game surveys as well so y’all can get a better finger on the pulse.

Edit- or have a survey section on the forums that changes every couple or few months that is tied in with cdi discussions. If you went this route, I would suggest sending in-game emails encouraging players to participate in the surveys and discussions.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in CDI

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Cdi is great, but I think there should be in-game surveys as well so y’all can get a better finger on the pulse.

Eh, I dunno.

I mean, if I’m in game, it’s because I want to play, not write a paragraph on what was good and what wasn’t, and if it’s just a rating system, it doesn’t really go into ‘why’ the player feels that way.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in CDI

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

morrolan.9608:

I mentioned the same issue with the gating being semi-bypassable by more hardcore players and more punishing to casual ones back in the VI thread. I hope the point sinks in, because the per-day farming is distressing as a casual player.

Regardless, back to horizontal stuff..

Housing, I can’t see how it’ll work as an open-world thing – but we could certainly have open-world ‘’villages" with multiple instanced doorways placed around the village – and npcs playing music or such and giving benefits to ’residents’ to encourage community-dwellers to interact some as well.

In terms of acquisition I really want to avoid it being a matter of ‘collect enough bricks and wood’ and would prefer it be a matter of prestige – maybe completing some sort of elaborate event chain or quest on a map will earn you the right to a little hovel as a start, say.

in CDI

Swagger.1459

Eh, I dunno.

I mean, if I’m in game, it’s because I want to play, not write a paragraph on what was good and what wasn’t, and if it’s just a rating system, it doesn’t really go into ‘why’ the player feels that way.

You can check my edit as well.

Regardless, there are more ways to gather information and stats that reach the majority of players. Example… Click box in-game survey reveals that players would like the next forum cdi discussion to be 1. Professions, 2. Housing, 3. Mounts. So the monthly topics become those three. Same could go for forum surveys.

in CDI

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

… Keep in mind, you can also obtain dragonite ore from WvW, though admittedly it’s not much and should be buffed.

This is an issue that could easily be resolved by attaching loot tables (or just amounts) to the exploration bonus for XP that we already have.

It could be a problem if drop amounts were just flatly buffed, as objective flipping could become a decent farm, but if the amount of dragonite (or every single other possible loot drop) scaled with the amount of time the: objective has been held, mob has been alive, event hasn’t been completed, etc, it could serve as an incentive to go out to the less populated areas to gather due to an increased drop rate. Flipping a tower every 3 or so minutes would net you maybe 3 dragonite for your trouble if you were lucky, but finally taking that tower Red Team has been holding since reset would give you towards 30 or so guaranteed. W/e the appropriate numbers might be, but we already have the system/concept in place. Likewise, this could be extended to other areas of Horizontal Progression as a whole, encouraging people to experience new areas of gameplay activity. To my understanding, people are already going to do things they like (or find worthy enough) because they get enjoyment from the activity. Incentives like this idea would only serve to encourage people to diversify, rather than require them to “complete content they’d rather not do if given choice because they don’t like it but need to do/gain X or Y before they get to the real fun”.

Fishsticks

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Flipping a tower every 3 or so minutes would net you maybe 3 dragonite for your trouble if you were lucky, but finally taking that tower Red Team has been holding since reset would give you towards 30 or so guaranteed.

I really like your whole comment, this part would be especially cool if players / guilds had also incentive to hold a keep for a certain time. Imagine guild missions in WvW where you have to hold a camp for 10 minutes (tier 1) a tower for 30 minutes (tier 2) and a keep for 1 hour (tier 3). I read this suggestion on some blog last week and I loved it.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in CDI

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Actually, considering this, for anyone who has played the newest Pokemon games (X and Y), their Friend Safari concept could work beautifully here.

In Pokemon XY, your 3DS friend code (16 digit number) determined your safari type, and which 3 pokemon were available. Now, you couldn’t visit your own safari (which we should be able to visit our own houses), but in order to diversify your possible pokemon available to safaris, you exchanged friend codes (basically adding people as firends, which GW2 has a friends list. This could be expanded upon for Guilds, Guild Halls, and Alliances). This way, people were encouraged to find a lot of friends in order to find desired pokemon (or for GW2, finding lots of friends to foster a personal community of people you like).

I don’t know what would take place of the pokemon. Maybe Minis, Actual mobs to attack our house a la Skyrim’s Hearthfire (plus crafting), certain mat nodes based on our 4 digit account number thingies (the .6942 of Ghotistyx.6942) or something else derived from that number. Honestly, I’m a fan of just “getting something and making do”.

Something along these regards would be very, very interesting.

Fishsticks

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

kitten ed, I’m still dreaming about my nemesis… arghh what a great idea

in CDI

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Eh, I dunno.

Regardless, there are more ways to gather information and stats that reach the majority of players. Example… Click box in-game survey reveals that players would like the next forum cdi discussion to be 1. Professions, 2. Housing, 3. Mounts. So the monthly topics become those three. Same could go for forum surveys.

Ahh, I get you now. Not so much a full feedback, but an indicator as to what the key issues are for a more focused discussion.

What I also think would be useful is a feedback thread after every release. Not only does this give a place where the discussion is focused, but it’ll also (hopefully) reduce 10+ threads of the exact same issue.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in CDI

Swagger.1459

Eh, I dunno.

Ahh, I get you now. Not so much a full feedback, but an indicator as to what the key issues are for a more focused discussion.

What I also think would be useful is a feedback thread after every release. Not only does this give a place where the discussion is focused, but it’ll also (hopefully) reduce 10+ threads of the exact same issue.

That’s a great idea!

in CDI

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Hi Cliff

I read the post, but despite it being a good idea and probably more realistic than open world (in terms of possibility), it doesn’t really light a spark of anticipation in me. I fear if ArenaNet invests in this kind of ‘progression’ it would be only for a small percentage of players, not involving a lot of actual gameplay and creating only a small amount of content itself, making it a wasted effort for taking a lot of resources developing it.
I’m going to stick to my statement: ArenaNet needs players to create their own entertainment, by offering them a large set of tools (I’ll humbly refer to Everquest Next: Landmark).

And this is the issue with a housing system.

There’s the housing system that players all have in mind when they think housing system. They think of that perfect spot on a hill overlooking their favourite spot. They think of being able to totally customize the appearance of the house (or mansion.. or, heck, castle) both inside and out. They think of all of the possibilities of crafting any item they want and placing it where ever they wish. They don’t, however, generally think about what’s actually possible within the world of GW2 and, perhaps more importantly, what’s possible in the engine that GW2 is built on and in.

The question about a housing system should really be, given the limitations that it is absolutely going to have, is it still worth pursuing above other horizontal progression options? Or, in other words, is the disappointment you’re likely to have with the housing system we do get going to be something you’re going to be okay with accepting knowing that some other item may have been put in place instead?

If course, that’s all speculation that only the developers can truly speak to.. but given that doing so might require crossing some of the hallowed lines of transparency they refuse to cross, I don’t know how likely it is that we’ll get that sort of explanation.

in CDI

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

Sub-classes as Supporting Functionality

Just to touch back on Sub-classes, as with my previous post (Sub-classes as build content game lore) I’ll like to expand a bit on the reason for a sub-class system. Again the main reason I’m leaning towards a sub-class system now is to give a basic structure which can easily be used and expanded to explain in game the expansion of build content (weapons, weapons skills, skills, traits, runes, sigils, infusions, all the items needed to create a build).

Now I agree just expanding the existing build system / content can achieve much of the same as adding sub-classes. But once you start adding block size build content (more then a single piece Eg. healing skill from toxic alliance) how do you go about explaining all this new content in game. Take the new healing skills for all professions, why can we now use these, how did we learn then. So far I haven’t found an explanation in game. Again sub-classes could provide a in game structure which would allow for easier game lore explanation for this build content. Now this is not the only way you could provide game lore for further build content Nike’s The New Masters is another great idea.

So now lets dream.

Cantha & Elona have been added to the world. We can now explore these new area’s but wait haven’t these two lands been isolated for the about the last 200 years. Just as the Tyria we know has advanced (Engineer’s & Guardian’s, gunpowder, asura laser cannons), so too in some way wouldn’t these lands have other advancements (New professions, new or ancient technology’s). Also would a Warrior, Ranger or Necromancer fight the same in these far away lands (New weapons, weapons skills for existing weapons, skills & traits).

The question for me is not just expanding build content but explaining in game this new content. In this way I see sub-classes as supporting functionality for the collection of build content, just how Chris see skin lockers as supporting functionality for skin collection.

In short for any system expanded or introduced, please also provide in game explanation for the expanded or new content.

in CDI

Cliff.8679

There’s the housing system that players all have in mind when they think housing system. They think of that perfect spot on a hill overlooking their favourite spot. They think of being able to totally customize the appearance of the house (or mansion.. or, heck, castle) both inside and out. They think of all of the possibilities of crafting any item they want and placing it where ever they wish. They don’t, however, generally think about what’s actually possible within the world of GW2 and, perhaps more importantly, what’s possible in the engine that GW2 is built on and in.

The question about a housing system should really be, given the limitations that it is absolutely going to have, is it still worth pursuing above other horizontal progression options? Or, in other words, is the disappointment you’re likely to have with the housing system we do get going to be something you’re going to be okay with accepting knowing that some other item may have been put in place instead?

If course, that’s all speculation that only the developers can truly speak to.. but given that doing so might require crossing some of the hallowed lines of transparency they refuse to cross, I don’t know how likely it is that we’ll get that sort of explanation.

Absolutely. Some players may have unrealistic expectations and may be disappointed with what ArenaNet is realistically capable of, but I still have yet to see anything else that acts as a horizontal progression system that’s as compelling and has as much potential as a personal housing/guild hall system. It’s one of the only things in this thread that’s received much attention or discussion that has the potential to be tied in with just about every type of existing content and future content in GW2, as well as the gem store. And once the system is in place, creating new furnishings would be a relatively simple matter (although I had assumed that would be the case about armor and weapon skins, and we all know how that’s gone…).

in CDI

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

So now lets dream.

Cantha & Elona have been added to the world. We can now explore these new area’s but wait haven’t these two lands been isolated for the about the last 200 years. Just as the Tyria we know has advanced (Engineer’s & Guardian’s, gunpowder, asura laser cannons), so too in some way wouldn’t these lands have other advancements (New professions, new or ancient technology’s). Also would a Warrior, Ranger or Necromancer fight the same in these far away lands (New weapons, weapons skills for existing weapons, skills & traits).

The question for me is not just expanding build content but explaining in game this new content. In this way I see sub-classes as supporting functionality for the collection of build content, just how Chris see skin lockers as supporting functionality for skin collection.

In short for any system expanded or introduced, please also provide in game explanation for the expanded or new content.

That right there. Unless you try really hard to explain some sort of theory for the convergent evolution of Guns, Gadgets, and Guardian monks for Tyria, Cantha, and Elona, there’s just no way it would work without creating a hole in the lore big enough to suck worse than most players’ expectations of Scarlet.

(of course, you could explain it in a way, because the Order of Whispers still has access to Elona, and Cantha did have Cannons strapped to their siege turtles long before guns were invented, but still….)

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Note this CDI will only end when we are happy for it to do so ( and by we I mean all of us).

Ever the optimist .

What I would like us to do is pick ONE idea that you would hold above all others as it relates to the community as a whole.

While the answers have been illuminating, I think we’re also looking at a little bit of a false dilemma…

— Role Diversification: New skills/traits, new weapons, access to inaccessible existing weapons, infusions and hybrid professions.

— Sociopolitical Diversification: Player housing, Guild Halls, and Faction Alliances leading to new game play opportunities, rewards and content.

— Hero Recognition: Unique Skins, Titles, Rewards, followers and NPC reactions/opportunities based on the players individual feats in the world of Tyria regardless of how he/she chooses to play the game.

…Are for the most part Rewards for play. These are the incentives to spend time in Tyria. They are ‘ends’, though Role Diversification also represents some new ‘means’.

I think each of those categories for the most part represents different teams that work in parallel. The Balance Team won’t be bogged down scripting in new racial titles. The map designer’s creating the framework for guild-halls won’t delay the creation of new armor skins. And beyond our individual preferences for one proposal over the other, I’d bet good money nearly all of us agree that some progress needs to take place on ALL of these fronts to keep GW2 in a strong, competitive, and innovative position relative to an interesting year for gamers who like to check out new things

I’m suspicious the choke point could end up being the means of accessing these goodies. New gameplay. The sub-set of design most people mean when they throw around the vague-to-the-point-of-meaningless “Content”. In our lust for shines, are we overlooking gameplay? Or are simple ideas like ‘re-clearing maps with additional challenges’ and vague hand-waving alluding to ‘new mini-dungeons’ adequate?

I can list lots of things I’d play for. I’m not sure I’ve given enough thought to what else I’d like to be doing during that journey…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in CDI

Bezagron.7352

Guild Content

With Chris’s Sociopolitical Diversification Player housing, Guild Halls, and Faction Alliances leading to new game play opportunities, rewards and content. looking at Guild Halls.

This is one element I would love to see added. I was very excited when Guild Missions were added, sadly I have yet to experience any of this content. The reason being that I’m in a very small family & close friends guild, were we are lucky to have 3-4 active players online at any time, and when organised about 8. Now I’m bring this up because with adding any Guild Hall system please remember the very small guilds. It mite take us long to unlock and upgrade but please don’t lock us out of the content.

Faction Alliances: Expanding on guild halls could there be Alliance Halls. These could be grander were multiple guilds work together to build. Were I would like guild halls instances these alliance halls could be in game. A place to meet everyone in the alliance but also display achievements the alliance / individual guilds (A/G) have achieved. The reason to place alliance halls in game is so you don’t take players away from the cities. Non alliance members can walk through the public areas seeing all that the alliance & guilds have achieved but they’re unavailable to walk through private sections and use any alliance unlocks. This could be in game advertising for the alliance. Guild halls could take the same in game approach, but I would rather instanced guild halls with maybe a in game front.

One great aspect could even be adding a A/G public shop to the A/G hall were the A/G could sell items collected throughout Tyria. Yes this would take some supply away from the TP (maybe somehow tie in some options with TP) but this would mean your could have a merchant A/G with a shop front. This would add more non combat guild gameplay (a crafting guild, a supplier guild) and your A/G can become known in game as a supplier for these goods. Add a warehouse function that limits stock that can be expanded for large capacity. Also allow the A/G shop’s to bundle discounts (limit – amount / time gate). This is all about merchant names (Eg. MacDonald’s – Food) at the moment any player trying to be a merchant (TP players) are nameless.

For this to really work crafting needs to be expanded and this function would need to be tied into the existing TP somehow. Chris could we maybe look at a CDI for crafting in the future.

in CDI

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They already fight the same across 5 wildly different cultures on continent of Tyria. Charr and sylvari warriors may look differently but their abilities do not differ. While both Asura and Charr posess advanced technology, but they move along very different paths. At the same time Sylvari grow their stuff and Norn seem to be limited to just general blacksmithing level (even if it’s very refined). Yet engineers from all their races also are the same. Subclassing is not going to change that, unless you make it race specific.

Please, no. Let’s just assume that game mechanics is a gross simplification of the “real” game world. Trying to explain too much when mechanics and lore conflict is usually a bad idea. In GW2 it has already caused too much casualties when part of the original lore got butchered to make it easier to explain why every race uses the same magic, and why classes are now different than they were before, in GW1.

Besides, i still don’t see what sub classes would actually accomplish in that regard. There are other, far better options that could be used without taking away player’s options and forcing them into specific roles (which i consider to be a Very Bad Thing).

A GW1-like skill acquisition system (learning the skills from specific trainers, quests and monsters, instead of just having them all available directly for skillpoints), for example, would be much better suited to “explaining the difference” part of what you want to achieve.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in CDI

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

My “number one” would have to be Role Diversification.

While Housing and Alliances are nice, and can be tied into the development of new dynamic events or ways to introduce more player-traffic into quieter zones, the problem lies in the fact Housing-content would be dependent on player-driven content.

It’s like how some servers do very poorly at night in WvW. The action is great during the day, but completely flops at night. It’s not consistent – That sucks.

Sub-classes, such as letting a Thief delve deeper as an “Assassin” or “Caretaker”, -like the way Path of Exile allows you to unlock game-changing passives- offer consistently game-changing mechanics that are fun for 100% of players 100% of the time.

ADDITIONALLY:

I feel that Housing / Guild Hall focused content should be designed with Role diversification in mind.

Role Diversification should be top-priority so that future content can utilize existing deeper roles as a foundation for developing richer experiences.

Example: Being able to hide your escort NPC with Thief/Mesmer stealth to avoid an ambush.
Example: Engineers whom have unlocked hammers can repair siege weapons in 2s instead of 10s.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in CDI

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

Don’t see what poor nocturnal wvw performance has to do with subclasses. Also don’t see what ‘subclasses’ accomplish that mutually exclusive new traits wouldn’t..

in CDI

Cliff.8679

Not a fan of the subclass ideas that have been thrown around. I don’t see why it’s necessary to come up with special labels for what is essentially just another class build. Everything I’ve seen people saying subclasses would do is something the game already can do through new skills and traits.

in CDI

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

ORDERS AND CHAOS
We can work together without surrendering our unique strengths. We can beat this thing without losing who we are. — Almorra Soulkeeper

As Primordius reveals the true extent of its molten grasp, the Three Orders of Tyria rally to strike back against the devastating legacy of ‘Briar’s Folly’. Join us as GuildWars 2 unveils the rise of new heroes as the war against the Elder Dragons enters a new and terrifying phase in this permanent Living World release.

Fulfill Your Oath
Choosing to take your place within one of Tyria’s three Great Orders is one of the most important steps along your heroic journey. Now that decision offers you greater chances for heroism and recognition than ever before. New multi-tiered Renown achievements will record your service, allowing you to advance through the ranks of those to whom you have given your allegiance and with whom you have found common cause in stopping the Elder Dragons. Each Order’s headquarters takes on new importance as the nerve center for dozens of active operations. Visit the Vigils’ War Room, the Priory’s Living Archive, or the Whispers’ Apple Cellar to pick up special weekly and monthly assignments. Or take to the field directly: new and existing Dynamic Events have been flagged as ‘Order Events’. Character’s whose choice of Order matches these events now gain an additional 15% karma reward for advancing the goals of their Order and once per day per character these events contribute to your Renown. Many of the new events can only be initiated by players in that Oder, allowing you to interact with your allies in never before seen ways. Reach out to new operatives, command new subordinates, and correspond with new colleges as you uncover tasks and secrets unique to each Order.

More Than Soldiers
While armed conflict is a part of every Order’s struggle against the Elder Dragons, members must never forget those things that make them unique. Orchestrate a network of spies and wield the hidden blade of diplomacy on behalf of the order of Whispers. Give your service to aid and rescue missions as the Vigil also upholds their commitment to charity and the belief they must protect not only lives but the dignity of the people of Tyria. Partake in secret experiments and unlock ancient puzzles as the Durmond Priory turns forgotten lore into practical solutions. Each path offers an entirely separate viewpoint on the trials of this Age.

Victories Must Be Celebrated
These are grim times but hope still burns brightly. Show off your commitment to the struggle and your chosen path against Evil with new titles, deals on Order-themed dyes and even new dye colors reserved for the upper ranks of each Order. Learn new recipes to create account-bound weapon and armor skins. As your star rises, new areas of each Order headquarters become accessible where the secret lore and history of your Order is preserved. Enjoy access to new vendors who will exchange karma for potent gear. Relax between battles with Order-themed consumables and town-clothes. Redecorate you home instance with subtle hints of your allegiance, earn new harvestable resource nodes, or even install a portal to take you directly to and from your Order’s headquarters. You can even gain new battle cries and dialogue that signal your allegiance!

I’ve read a lot of your posts throughout this CDI and I’d have to say that a lot of your ideas sound extremely fun and cool. Keep em’ comming; I hope Anet is taking notes!

in CDI

Bezagron.7352

A GW1-like skill acquisition system (learning the skills from specific trainers, quests and monsters, instead of just having them all available directly for skillpoints), for example, would be much better suited to “explaining the difference” part of what you want to achieve.

Astralporing I believe how I’m looking at sub-classes is very similar to GW1-skill acquisition system. Referring to one of my previous post

Adding weapon set unlocks would be a great way to add a sub-class system. You could carry this over to the other skills as well. So your now getting a sub-class skill set (weapon, healing, utilities & elite). This could expand HP by adding another collection you now have the goal of collecting these sub-classes. This would give game lore to why we now have these new skills and we now get the skills in a packet. Not sure how other players feel but I would rather get a packet of skills then 1 at a time.

I see sub-classes not as a system to lock and restrict player choices but as another collection to collect that adds to player choices which also can help in explaining the addition of all these new build content. Now the explanation need not be too in detail, just enough to give them a place and reason but open enough not to cause lore conflict. The most simplest is just to name these skill sets and leave the rest. These auramancer and shadowdancer skill’s exist because auramancer’s and shadowdancer’s exist in GW2. Yes these are just extra skills for Elementalist’s & Thief’s but bundling them for collection and giving them a name can give skill progression and a place in game lore. Maybe me using sub-class as the overall description is incorrect, but this is how I see a sub-class system and bringing GW1 skill acquisition into GW2.

in CDI

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

On Dragonite Ore in WvW; personally, I think it’d be fantastic if:

A. You’d get Bloodstone Dust/Emp Shards/Dratini Ore each rankup. I would probably say 15-20 or 20-25 of one material in each rankup chest is a fair spread.
B. You could spend, say, 100 Badges of Honor to get a box that would contain 60-80 of each material. These could possibly also drop rarely from rankup chests and player kills.
C. Players have a modest chance to drop Ascended Material Satchels which include a small amount of a random material (3-5). Also, players have a tiny chance to drop B.
D. Emp drops from camps/towers increased by 50%; Dragonite drops from keeps/castles increased by 100%.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in CDI

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

My number one would be “Zone Progression” / “Order Progression”

Something that gives players a purpose to explore the zones.

• A lot of people miss quests, my main guess why this is the case is: they miss stories. Dynamic Events are cyclical in nature, so those stories have no real end – climax if you want. Time to give your writers something more to do and let them design unique events.
  • even the most simple idea could make people exited. Today I leveled in Kessex Hills when I saw a bear walking alongside a skritt. Awesome I thought… until I found out that I can’t interact with that npc at all; it’s just a guild mission boss. Why not spawn such rare characters (dozen of them, but rare spawns) in the open world, give them a loottable and a few interesting dialogue-options or even a small event associated.

Fill the existing maps with tons of things to do. I mean: tons and tons of things. And may these be just little things… the world has to feel more alive.

…and then combine this with progression. The more people find, the more they unlock. And the more they can unlock for others (in the sense of triggering new events).

summary: progression in specific zones via a huge variety of things to do (something for everyone – fighters, explorers, collectors, lore-lovers, treasure hunters,…………

People should have some goals for each of the zones. Not for the world in general (Legendary – mats from everywhere). Zelda reference: the Master Sword is in the Lost Woods, not everywhere in Hyrule.

I like this idea and I wish the core game had launched like this over a year ago, a lot of the open world stuff feels inconsiquential as far as progression because it’s not efficient for making money and only specific content is rewarding.

A problem I have with retroactively adding this idea to the core game is something I noticed with the Nightmare is Over. Before the game launched I watched youtube videos of people playing in Kessex Hills. During the BWEs I played in Kessex Hills every time I levelled up a new character. At launch I completed the map and did so several times afterwards on other characters. I’ve since spent several months to return there to do tower related content and the whole time I’ve been bored by the area simply because I’ve done it before. Even with all the new events (phase 1 while the tower was up) it couldn’t compare to exploring a part of the world I haven’t been to before. Then it repeated (phase 2 after the fall of the tower with “new” events and achievements) and I was really done with Kessex. This same thing happens with ascended crafting materials and methods of acquisition (it all begins to remind me of that episode of the Simpsons where Marge buys a Chanel suit to fit in at a country club, unable to afford another one she alters it each week).

Any additions to the open world would also need to look at the rewards. The open world content is only rewarding in specific areas. At launch champions weren’t worth killing, now it’s only worth killing them and world events. Normal events, event chains, exploration and out of the way parts of the world are epic journeys to blue loot. I love the idea of treasure hunting in Tyria. Of exploring caverns and out of the way places, of helping people and being a hero, but once you hit 80 it becomes clear that material progression is primarily done via dungeons and world events. I don’t think open world progression is going to mean much to players unless there is a robust rewards component tied to it (sadly?).

tl:dr The game is well into its second year, I don’t want to explore the same areas again to spot minor differences. Sure I will be entertained if I can start an event in Caledon forest because I did the Malyck plot in personal story and I have unique reactions, but that experience will be weighed down because I’m still in Caledon forest. Like the world completion title states, Been there, done that.

I do love the idea of loot being more specific to content instead of having generic rewards across the entire game. It helps reinforce a story behind loot (it’s sad so many ascended items refer to lore events but are so generic in their acquisition) and gives more meaning to the world and the player experience.

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve read a lot of your posts throughout this CDI and I’d have to say that a lot of your ideas sound extremely fun and cool.

Thank you . Credit where it is due: many of my posts are as much synthesis and polish as they are independent suggestions. Ideas playing of off each other are a huge part of open brainstorming like this.

Keep em’ comming; I hope Anet is taking notes!

Will do! And I’m sure this thread will be discussed at length once the troops are back from holiday. There are quite a few veins of gold running through this dialogue .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in CDI

Posted by: Myur.1509

Myur.1509

Edit- or have a survey section on the forums that changes every couple or few months that is tied in with cdi discussions. If you went this route, I would suggest sending in-game emails encouraging players to participate in the surveys and discussions.

Completely agree. Nothing against anyone here, but in this thread I can see the same names again and again, and some people got stuck with some ideas repeating them again and again even if only few other players are interested. While this is fine for an initial discussion, all the players (or at least most of them) should be involved in the end. Surveys in game would be the best solution, but multiple choice polls on this forum could be good also.

##

Regarding the Nemesis idea. It is not bad, but I do not think it would add value to the game as the other things proposed (and in particular the sociopolitical contents). I think ArenaNet should keep this idea in mind for the future (for instance as a DLC), but in my opinion, now the game needs to focus on diversification for the horizontal progression (and again I feel that housing/guild halls/factions are the best choices for this).

(edited by Myur.1509)

in CDI

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

Yes please implement player housing and guild halls/alliances, been waiting a long time for those to come out, and I believe it would have the biggest impact on the game, besides making new maps.

in CDI

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

As far as housing goes, I’d be totally ok with a hall of monuments/home district mix. I’m already feeling like the Home Instance is actually home due to the npcs there, as well as the ore nodes and the krait obelisk. Expand on that a bit, maybe add some dialogue to said npcs based on personal storyline and you’re 90% done with making player housing a reality.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in CDI

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

My top one: Sociopolitical diversification

Many of the others, like wardrobes, skills and new weapons can be added piecemeal through the game. But this one needs major construction and in my opinion can change the feel of the game the most.

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

in CDI

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Totally uninterested in player housing. I am interested in new lands to conquer. I am not interested in progression that means I need silk curtains rather than linen curtains. I am here to save the world. If I want to decorate a home, I’ll play the sims. It does a much better job of home creation than GW2 ever could.

in CDI

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

As far as housing goes, I’d be totally ok with a hall of monuments/home district mix. I’m already feeling like the Home Instance is actually home due to the npcs there, as well as the ore nodes and the krait obelisk. Expand on that a bit, maybe add some dialogue to said npcs based on personal storyline and you’re 90% done with making player housing a reality.

Don’t forget the teleport orb, or other way to instantly go there and back. Then put our shiny new wardrobe, (I’m sure we’re getting this), in there and we’ll have both the means and motivation to visit home!

I should be writing.

in CDI

Conski Deshan.2057

On Dragonite Ore in WvW; personally, I think it’d be fantastic if:

A. You’d get Bloodstone Dust/Emp Shards/Dratini Ore each rankup. I would probably say 15-20 or 20-25 of one material in each rankup chest is a fair spread.
B. You could spend, say, 100 Badges of Honor to get a box that would contain 60-80 of each material. These could possibly also drop rarely from rankup chests and player kills.

I don’t mind C and D but both A and B allow for the materials to be buy-able instantly which is a problem. The idea of them was that they forced you to actually work for it. Plus as someone whos gotten I think 2.5k of badges just from the AP chests I think it would trivialize that part of the gathering process even more.

Completely agree. Nothing against anyone here, but in this thread I can see the same names again and again, and some people got stuck with some ideas repeating them again and again even if only few other players are interested. While this is fine for an initial discussion, all the players (or at least most of them) should be involved in the end. Surveys in game would be the best solution, but multiple choice polls on this forum could be good also.

##

Regarding the Nemesis idea. It is not bad, but I do not think it would add value to the game as the other things proposed (and in particular the sociopolitical contents). I think ArenaNet should keep this idea in mind for the future (for instance as a DLC), but in my opinion, now the game needs to focus on diversification for the horizontal progression (and again I feel that housing/guild halls/factions are the best choices for this).

An in-game poll might be a good idea. To be fair this is the first and only topic I’ve been posting in because I want to make sure that they implement progression that matches my ideals as opposed to things I don’t even consider progression.

Totally uninterested in player housing. I am interested in new lands to conquer. I am not interested in progression that means I need silk curtains rather than linen curtains. I am here to save the world. If I want to decorate a home, I’ll play the sims. It does a much better job of home creation than GW2 ever could.

The decorating is optional, it’s a place to store and show off all your stuff. functionally you could unlock bank access and crafting stations, Maybe minigames like cards or checkers. More importantly it is your home not some random land you are walking through. I’ll also say it again, Housing is not stopping you from going out and saving the world I don’t think the dev’s will do it as an either or thing. They’ll develop housing and there will be new zones, heck maybe we’re finally going to finish off Jormag, or unlock the depths of tyria to fight Primordius.