CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

4: The ability to fire Asuran Special Forces into Enemy Keeps with a special Guild Trebuchet!!!!

I can see it now, a scattershot of Asura Engineers flying over SMC dropping grenades on everyone.

…which begs the question, if an engineer hits the wall, will his hobosack explode doing siege damage to the wall?

No, the hobosack will remain pointless, useless, and sad.

. . . don’t feel bad, my pet is every bit as pointless in WvW large-scale things

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in CDI

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

4: The ability to fire Asuran Special Forces into Enemy Keeps with a special Guild Trebuchet!!!!

Oh an attempt on a bit of humour eh?

Well, dont beat yourself up when on the next CDI players will start flooding the forum asking for this You started it and you are the only one to blame hehe

Arrr, gimme an old jolly bucket full of those little asura maties!! Me is gonna have some fun punching that wall arrr!

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in CDI

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

1)alliiances
2)individual guild chat
3)guild message on login

and that really all i want to see alot of the other to me is unneeded fluff

in CDI

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

All joking aside.. we are going to need those Asuran launchers.

in CDI

Posted by: Darck Archebald.8470

Darck Archebald.8470

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW
Guild Merger Process and/or Lump Sum Guild Transfer Option

GOAL OF PROPOSAL
Provides added functionality to the guild management interfaces

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY
1. Guild Merger Process
Option added to UI interface that allows guild to perform a merger through a multi-confirmation process allowing mass migrations instead of inviting individually.
2. Lump Sum Guild Transfers
Add Guild Transfer button to Guild Management Interface UI for transferring entire guild for price based on members to gem ratios. Such as each player is worth 1500 gems. I have 200 Active members. Click Do you wish to proceed for 30,000 Gems?

ASSOCIATED RISKS
1. 2 Guild Leader step confirmation will ensure that both guilds are agreeing upon. Risk accidently mergers, which might not be able to be undone. Confirmation Page should notify risks.
2. Population limits on high pop server
Ability to amass that much gems on one account.

in CDI

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I think you’re overreacting to a few things that some people are making as just suggestions. There’s no guarantee anything here is going to be implemented — and the stuff that has less of a reasoning behind it or isn’t nearly as widely supported will have even less of a shot.

I’m not over-reacting, I’m just making it clear that I don’t want their suggestions to ever see implementation. Since ANet doesn’t talk about things they are working on until they launch, I don’t want six months from new to see those features in the next patch and then have it take six month months for them to fix it. It’s not like I’m leaving the game because they’re suggesting things I don’t like, but if this game became one in which non-guilded players became second class citizens, I might play it a lot less.

Isn’t is fair to assume that many paying customer where expecting a game where guilds did where an important element of the game? The game being named Guild Wars. Most won’t know the lore. So guilds having a big role should not be a problem.

People have been playing this game for two years now, I think its safe to say that while most players might want to see incremental improvements in guild features, they are reasonable comfortable with the nature of guilds in GW2, and the amount of players who would want a fundamental overhaul of them would be relatively small.

Most of the changes recommended in this thread I fully support, I just don’t like the idea of tying guilds into a mandatory endgame leveling system as some have suggested.

At best you might be locked out of some specific new guild-related content (guild raids for example) otherwise and it’s rewards while you still are able to get items / rewards of the same type in other way.

And that much I’m fine with, so long as these guild raids do not present unique rewards that non-guilded players are locked out of. Really though I don’t like the idea of guild raids, they should just be raids, and while a tight knit guild might do better at them since they have more experience working together, you should be able to hotjoin them as well.

However to stay more on topic, why don’t you make your concerns visible in the form of a suggestion. Thats what this thread is about in the first place

Fair enough, Suggestion: Don’t do what that one guy said.

This most likely will have to bet met at middle ground, where we will lose some things and gain another ones in return, with perhaps the most difficult task sits on how to do it by gaining the most, with the minimum loss and impact possible.

Not every situation calls for a middle-ground. Sometimes one side is just wrong and doesn’t deserve to get anything they wanted. If a player suggests something that would make things worse for more players than it makes things better for, then that feature does not deserve to be implemented, even in a “middle-ground” fashion.

While i do tend to think Ohoni may sometimes seem too passionate, i think its important to consider this thread, and the people in it, primarily represent people with a vested interest and desires for guilds to be more prominent.

So, i think systems that effect a lot of other players would need a bigger discussion. I beleive there is a vast amount of people who are not in guilds, so they definately should not make being in a guild a centerpoint, or the pinnacle of any game type.

However, i believe it can have its own unique aspects, but they should not be requisites.
I would try very much to tie Unique guild progressions/rewards primarily with things that mostly people who would be in a guild would want.

for example:
special effects on items that trigger only when you are with guild members
new designs featuring guild logos
guild outfits (the advantage of being able to equip at any time, designed by guild leader)
guild teleports that allow all player to teleport to a guild member
guild halls
the list goes on, but essentially create rewards that people who dont really do guilds much, would not be as interested in.

(edited by phys.7689)

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

as per attachment

.. (-:

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

Please find below Orpheal’s summary for the CDI below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

Once we have a good idea of folks favorites we can have a final discussion.

Chris

Le Bump

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

Guild halls? no. Guild Airships!!!!!!

I agree! This is the best guild hall suggestion yet!

We need to have our own upgradable Guild Airships and GvG battles over these ships!

We should also be able to wp to any major city in Tyria from the Guild Airship.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

We need to have our own upgradable Guild Airships and GvG battles over these ships!

Guild Halls are the next phase of the CDI (-:

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Am I right….Am I Right!!!!

Chris

P.S: The idea of firing them into walls is also cool! I jest…..

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Chris

But the life of a single Asura is such a small price to pay to be able to get down that darn wall!

I mean, y’know, they can respawn after…

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

kta.6502

1: Alliances
2: More Chat Channels inc Multi Guild Chat Pane
3: More guild customization in WvW such a Tag on Keeps, Guild Siege Skins, Guild Flares etc

Chris

+1000 for all of these ideas.

How about we have about Asuran Black Ops teams that sneak their way on board the guild ships while the Asuran Special Forces are distracting the fighters?

in CDI

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Chris

But the life of a single Asura is such a small price to pay to be able to get down that darn wall!

The Asura missing-neck bug, when it looks like the head would be directly tied to the body, should be a feature for respawning asura who were fired against a wall.

in CDI

kta.6502

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

Guild Halls are the next phase of the CDI (-:

Chris

Awesome! Thanks!

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

The Asura missing-neck bug, when it looks like the head would be directly tied to the body, should be a feature for respawning asura who were fired against a wall.

…..(-: i have clearly derailed the thread and all your comments are awesome (seriously we should do this) but for now lets stay on target. I feel like i have been the disruptive child in the classroom.

Chris

in CDI

kta.6502

Two thumbs up! I like this idea.

Keep this up, guys, and you’ll definitely get me to roll an Asura! LOL!

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Chris

…..(-: i have clearly derailed the thread and all your comments are awesome (seriously we should do this) but for now lets stay on target. I feel like i have been the disruptive child in the classroom.

Chris

I have nothing more to add here, other than this is entirely your fault but at least you admitted it.

PS: If we get to launch asura can we get other racial like effects as well? Contract Mad Mardine for his cattlepult technology . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in CDI

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

The airship over the Vigil Keep would make a good venue for a placeholder hall, actually, even if just to give guilds a meeting point and services.

For the top 3:
1. In-game guild recruiting boards
2. Multi-guild chat channels
3. Alliance system

(edited by Ben K.6238)

in CDI

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Chris

Chris

Fair point. But just to be clear, we could end this now and say that the guild cdi thread led directly to the best living story update ever, Rockets in Rata Sum : Taimi’s Revenge.

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

1. Guild wide messaging/mail system for leaders (without heafty spam limitations).
2. Alliances
3. Guild Tags

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Chris

Fair point. But just to be clear, we could end this now and say that the guild cdi thread led directly to the best living story update ever, Rockets in Rata Sum : Taimi’s Revenge.

. (-:

Chris

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-CDI-The-Complete-Summary-Edition/first#post4419141

What are the top 3 improvements you would like to see to Guilds in regard QOL and Logistics.

Chris

Bump

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

1. Multi-guild chat (being able to see chat channels for guilds I’m not repping).
2. Guild Alliances
3. Being able to merge stacks in your guild bank without taking things out first.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I am not sure this falls under logistics and quality of life, but I feel like guilds need more guild goals to work towards and something that makes an individual guild more unique than the next max unlocked guild.

Proposal Overview
Permanent perk trees with mutually exclusive benefits.

Goal of Proposal
The goal is to give guilds a progression to work on as a guild and make individual guilds more unique and specialized. I feel like when recruiting for my guild we are all offering the same things. PvX, WvW, Guild Buffs, All guild missions unlocked, ect ect. It would be nice if we were able to offer different things than every other established guild out there based on what members participate in.

Proposal Functionality
Perks will require influence and merits to unlock. The tree should be structured in a way that not all perks can be unlocked at one time. Some will have to be chosen over others. You could make 3 trees such as WvW, PvX, and PvE.

All trees should have general perks that apply broadly to all modes but also have some specialization trades.

WvW tree could include permanent version of perks that we already enjoy but on a permanent basis, maybe even some new ones, I am pretty open to suggestions on what some of these might be. This tree will have the strongest and highest perks involving WvW as well as some perks not available in other trees.

PvE tree would include permanent perks focused on dungeons and fractals. This tree would offer things like increased reward rates on things like tokens and an extra item to roll out of chests as well as increased magic, gold, and experience gain rates on dungeons and fractals only. The perks involving dungeons and fractals should be exclusive to this tree.

PvX perk tree will be the generalist perk tree. While it includes things that apply to both modes they should be weaker than specializing in WvW and Dungeons trees. It should also include some exclusive perks that are related to guilds and open world. Such as maybe another build queue and reduced costs/build times.

The perks are very open to suggestion or debate. While tree and some of the perks in them should be mutually exclusive, guilds should be allowed to reset their perks at a cost of losing their investment in the current tree.

Associated Risks
Reward and stat creep should be considered when making perks. If stats are included in perks they should not be overbearing to the point where it causes high imbalance to the point where it is a major deciding factor in a fight. As for rewards, there is also the economic influences like inflated currency and supply.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in CDI

Posted by: Ailse.8190

Ailse.8190

1. Guild Calendar
2. Guild Bulletin board / Message board
3. Player accounts being able to be in more than 5 guilds

in CDI

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I am not sure this falls under logistics and quality of life, but I feel like guilds need more guild goals to work towards and something that makes an individual guild more unique than the next max unlocked guild.

Proposal Overview
Permanent perk trees with mutually exclusive benefits.

Goal of Proposal
The goal is to give guilds a progression to work on as a guild and make individual guilds more unique and specialized. I feel like when recruiting for my guild we are all offering the same things. PvX, WvW, Guild Buffs, All guild missions unlocked, ect ect. It would be nice if we were able to offer different things than every other established guild out there based on what members participate in.

Proposal Functionality
Perks will require influence and merits to unlock. The tree should be structured in a way that not all perks can be unlocked at one time. Some will have to be chosen over others. You could make 3 trees such as WvW, PvX, and PvE.

All trees should have general perks that apply broadly to all modes but also have some specialization trades.

WvW tree could include permanent version of perks that we already enjoy but on a permanent basis, maybe even some new ones, I am pretty open to suggestions on what some of these might be. This tree will have the strongest and highest perks involving WvW as well as some perks not available in other trees.

PvE tree would include permanent perks focused on dungeons and fractals. This tree would offer things like increased reward rates on things like tokens and an extra item to roll out of chests as well as increased magic, gold, and experience gain rates on dungeons and fractals only. The perks involving dungeons and fractals should be exclusive to this tree.

PvX perk tree will be the generalist perk tree. While it includes things that apply to both modes they should be weaker than specializing in WvW and Dungeons trees. It should also include some exclusive perks that are related to guilds and open world. Such as maybe another build queue and reduced costs/build times.

The perks are very open to suggestion or debate. While tree and some of the perks in them should be mutually exclusive, guilds should be allowed to reset their perks at a cost of losing their investment in the current tree.

Associated Risks
Reward and stat creep should be considered when making perks. If stats are included in perks they should not be overbearing to the point where it causes high imbalance to the point where it is a major deciding factor in a fight. As for rewards, there is also the economic influences like inflated currency and supply.

i would keep pve perks to being guild related

like instead of better chance at general drops,how about increased chance of commendations, random chances or special circumstances that give merits, influence gains. Guilds already have enough generic boosts, and i dont think you want people to feel like they should be with a guild any time the do such an activity.

(edited by phys.7689)

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Isn’t that more WvW? Anyway somebody beat you about 1,5 year with a similar suggestion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-needs-more-resourcefulness-and-less-zergs/first#post1183822

I still preferred my suggestion in that thread of taking over a camp and using the enemy flag and then being able to hide in the Dolyak.

Lol (-:

in CDI

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

I am a bit curious now to find out when we are listing our three how many people are involved in running guilds, how many are members and if we choose different things to be most important.

1. Guild management tools/permissions
2. Guild wide messaging either mass mail or calendar
3. Alliances.

Sorry for not hunting back to see who said it originally since I am short on time, but if we get an option to see guild members on the map we need at a guild level to be able to toggle this off or many guild events that involve finding someone will be too hard to run.

in CDI

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Isn’t that more WvW? Anyway somebody beat you about 1,5 year with a similar suggestion

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-needs-more-resourcefulness-and-less-zergs/first#post1183822

I still preferred my suggestion in that thread of taking over a camp and using the enemy flag and then being able to hide in the Dolyak.

Lol (-:

While I’m all for launching asura and their raisin faces at walls, wouldn’t it be better to launch quaggans? It be like ’there has to be some quaggan lovers in there that are easily destracted!"

in CDI

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

Proposal Overview
Guild Instancing for Guild Exclusive Content. One example for this would be raiding in a 10+ player instance fighting difficult encounters as a guild. This would encourage players in our community (The Nameless Ones [TNO]) to work together and provide more opportunities to connect and get involved.

Goal of Proposal
The issue we aim to solve here is to provide more variety/entertainment for the guild as a whole to what is currently a lackluster array of guild opportunities.

Proposal Functionality
Guild leaders would queue up guild raiding upgrades that, when activated, would open a roster window with limited spaces. The leaders would then select the members that will be attending and fill the slots allowed. The guild would then be warped into these instances to complete the challenges therein.

Associated Risks
The risks involved here would be that it would in fact be an instance… and though I do understand what you guys are trying to do with open world content, there are already issues with guild missions being in the open world. Clearing content as a guild should be designed to be cleared as a GUILD. Missions don’t have much challenge to begin with, but adding in other guilds to come in and aid not only rips out the challenge of the encounters, but also the fun.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

in CDI

Posted by: Julenal.3907

Julenal.3907

Proposal Overview
Improvement of Guild Roster UI by adding a mark/checkbox/text to see if players are in a party or in a squad to ease grouping up.

Goal of Proposal
Ease grouping by allowing players to see with one glance who is online, where they are and if they have group/squad already up to join. This could increase amount of groups forming naturally for general PvE and WvW roamers. If you add squad icons it would be easy way to tell from roster if WvW/Event/LS map has commander and so on.

Proposal Functionality
Idea is to use what is in the game as you are able to join existing groups by right-clicking players. So at the moment you have to click each player and check if they are in a group. After this you could see icon if player is in a group in “Main” or “Roster” view next to player. This could be utilized also for squads or anything else “group related” (like “raids”, “guild only groups”, “guild only squads” etc.) if you decide to add anything like that later.

Associated Risks
Stalking within guild.
“Random” party joins.

GM of Finnish gaming community guild “Frozen Dawn” [FD] since GW2 announce
GW player of 14+kh and Passionate Mind Wracker since 2005

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Proposal Overview
Change to Influence, instead of only adding for the guild you are currently representing have it add for all the guilds that you are a part of.
Goal of Proposal
Combat the idea of 100% rep. Maybe it’s just me but I feel that the idea of 100% rep goes against the idea of 5 guilds that I think is a great idea GW2 had.
Proposal Functionality
Currently many guilds require 100% rep because they then get all the influence you acquire. Which makes sense, if everyone is chipping in it’s easier to maintain buffs and run guild missions and basically just use the cool tools guilds have. But, what are my other 4 guilds for then? Of course one of them is a personal bank if you’re a hoarder like me. But then I still have 3 spots sitting there. If influence were the same whether you 100% rep or not I think most would be more willing to have people be part of the guild without having to be devoted solely to that guild. I always figured the 5 guilds were so you could have different guilds for different activities. I could have a WvW, a World boss, a PVP, and a Dungeon guild for example. But currently that just doesn’t really work because they each want me to rep them constantly.
Associated Risks
It would lessen the devotion to a single guild, I could see how some would say that’s bad. But, I think it’s a worthwhile loss to get the full effect of the 5 guild slots.

For your info, my guild is 100% rep and we didn’t enforce 100% because of influence.
I don’t understand why people saying guilds enforce 100% rep because of influence. Just because some lesser guilds do that doesn’t mean all guilds do that.

He didn’t say your guild enforces 100% rep because of influence, just that many guilds do. We say that many guilds do because we have personally seen/heard about guilds who do this.

I don’t really see many guilds enforce 100% rep, all the guilds I seen which enforce that are particularly large guild. I don’t really see small guilds enforcing that kind of rule.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

That is weird. Are you saying that a solo player should be given access of resources and networks that a guild have even though these resources and networks were built up by the many different guild members?

I’m saying that guilds should not have access to resources and networks that individual players do not have access to. I mean, if you have a guild where players collect iron ore and leave it in the bank, which other players are able to withdraw, then that’s fine, a solo player still has access to iron ore, even if it’s less convenient. There shouldn’t be methods, however, for guilded players to gain actual advantage over any solo player, for example having 500-600 crafting require a specialized crafting station that only developed guilds can access, cutting solo players out of that process entirely. Players should not be forced to join guilds in order to maximize their character build, even if joining a guild might make that process faster and easier.

Guilds can provide a more convenient access to a given element, particularly when it comes to cases of simple teamwork and economy of scale, but guilds should be given nothing that cannot be earned by a solo player as well.

O.o

According to your arguments, it means that solo player should be able to earn commendations without joining a guild, right?

I have read some of your comments and you seems to hold fervently on the beliefs that guild should be in a certain way and claiming that 99% of players think so too which I wonder if there is a creditable source for that.

I never said anything about any percentage of the player, but guilds are a certain thing in this game, and to significantly overhaul their core function (such as making them MUST HAVE in order to be the best you can be) would significantly shift the way the game functions, and not something they should do unless they are sure that the vast majority of the players would prefer it that way.

But you’re trying to apply your definition to this game, where ti clearly does not apply. Don’t you understand that sometimes words have different meanings in different contexts? An MMO guild bears only the most casual relationship to a historical medieval guild, and to 99.99% of players, that’s how they would prefer it to stay. Most players do not want a medieval guild, they want a guild like the guilds that have existed in this, and other MMOs that they have played. If forced to choose, they would prefer to have the :guild" feature renamed to something more strictly accurate to their function than to have their function changed to be more strictly accurate to the name.

Here I quote. Btw, what is your definition of a medieval guild?

I don’t see how the argument will yield any results as you are fixture on treating a guild as a form of tool which once you are done with it, you will throw it away. On the other hand, there are people who want to treat the guild not as a tool but something else.

How you treat your guild is up to you. How others treat theirs is up to them. If you want your guild to be a very tightly knit and permanent social network, then you find like-minded players and make that happen. If you want your guild to be a very casual resources that players use as they need and ignore when they don’t, then find like minded players and do that. You can do either today using the existing mechanisms. I’m in no way telling you how to run your guild, just that you can’t enforce your own views of how a guild should behave onto other players.

I don’t know. Many of your opinions seems to be towards being individualistic rather than guild oriented which is one of the points of the CDI.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in CDI

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

1. Chat improvements.

Why?: This has been on my list of top 3 fix wishes since day 1. I absolutely DREAD the idea of dropped communication, and that’s what we’re getting right now. The chat suggestions are great, but the most important part to take away from them would be that guild chat no longer should get erased when swapping a character or AFKing too long.

2. Guild members showing up on the mini map.

Why?: Sometimes I see people are in the same zone, but I’m always hesitant to party them. If I do that they either feel obligated to stick around longer than they intended to, or bail out fast. Partying has sort of a commitment feeling attached. If I could see them on the map, I could go sneak up on them without the party. I’ve found this usually leads to longer cooperation or future, more purposeful, partying.

I had a third but I forgot.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in CDI

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

1. Alliances (chat included)
2. Guild map experience (commander tag, orange dots)
3. Guild name change

I’m not counting Guild Events as QoL though. Saw many people below me doing.

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

in CDI

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Chris

I guess this one was used as a battering ram.

Attachments:

in CDI

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

1. Alliances with alliance chat (PLEASE ANET GODS MAKE IT HAPPEN SOONER THAN LATER!)
2. Guild message notification
3. More guild misisons

in CDI

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Proposal Overview
Colors to ranks
Goal of Proposal
Allow player to add one (basic) color per rank for their guild, this would allow a better identification for new recruit, leader, officer, member…
Proposal Functionality
When choosing an icon for a rank, allow those allowed to also chose a color.
Associated Risks
Might be a bit too colorful so an option to disable it can be added as well.

in CDI

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Thank you for not only the thread, Chris, but actually checking in periodically.

Proposal Overview:
QoL: Eight-player parties in WvW, PvE, and PvP

Goal of Proposal:
I find that I’m no longer able to engage any single game mode with all of my friends at the same time. More often than not, my friends fill up their parties with five people before I have a chance to join. As a result, we’re often hanging out on Skype, playing in completely different areas of the game.

I’d also like to welcome people back who haven’t played GW2 in weeks, months…years? But I feel that I am unable to do so because again, five-player parties fill up too quickly.

Proposal Functionality:
I can understand with the increased popularity of MLG and spectator gaming why ANet wishes to focus on five-player parties and 5v5’s. I also remember 10v10’s and 8v8v8’s in GW1. Those kind of matches, and eight-player parties are what kept my friends and I up until the sun came out. I’m not trying to say you should make the game unplayable with five players. You can keep everything the way it is, but scale more enemies and tweak a couple skills to work with eight players. I can see how this would be difficult in open world areas, but even if you inoculated it so we could start out with eight-player instanced areas, iron out some of the bugs and expand upon it some more if the reception is good.

Associated Risks:
In the past, people have argued, “If they give you 8, you’ll want 12. If they give you 12, you’ll want 42…” That’s not what I’m implying. If you give me eight, I can be in a party with my fiancé, my three best friends and their significant others. I’ve heard from plenty of the community on why they’d like eight-player parties, even less from the community on why they wouldn’t, but nothing from ANet. I don’t mean that as a challenge, but the fact you haven’t addressed this directly still gives me hope that it’s at least still under consideration.

Again, I just want to reiterate that I don’t want to take anything away the five-player parties or 5v5’s. But, there needn’t be a reason to banish the eight-player parties or 8v8’s.

(edited by hip.8435)

in CDI

Posted by: Phoenix.3172

Phoenix.3172

1. Guild-Chat
2. Alliances
3. Guild Members on Mini-Map

Till now there wasn’t a discussion about how Alliances should be done or what features this system should have. Is this something that will get it’s own time for discussion or did I just miss it on the previous pages?

(4. Guild Material Storage)
Just because there is a lot of cool stuff you could develope on top of this feature.

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

Chris

Bump

Chris

Le Bump. one more day for folks to add their top three Go Go Go!

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

So do you plan for Phase 2 Guild Halls to start on Monday then?

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Gain influence from non-repping members at a reduced rate.
Improved guild chat.
Guild alliances.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in CDI

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I’ll quickly chime my prespective in

1. Alliances with alliance chat
2. Multiple Guild chats
3. Guild Calendar

One of the problems I face as one of the leaders of TTS is helping manage the massive playerbase since we’re split between 12 Guilds and have varying levels of engagement. Some people just join for one teq and leave while others want to know what’s going after the raids in terms of social events. Being able to message all 12 Guilds would be a Godsend. Which is why I’m for development of the first 2 systems in particular.

To further develop alliance it should be noted that outside the TTS Guilds we have some partnerships with a couple guilds to help them fill up personal spawns they have. It would also be nice if the Alliance system could allow us to help them connect with each other as well as us when it comes to organizing Teq/Wurm kills. I feel like sometimes there could be more Wurm kills if the community were given more tools to connect with each other and a space to train up to the level of killing one.

Lastly, Guild Calendar would be nice I guess since we wanna do a couple events and more tools to tell everyone what’s going on is always nice.

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

in CDI

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

1) Alliances
2) Guild message improvement
3) More guild missions to increase guild membership value.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in CDI

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

1) Guild Hall, GvG, Guild Cape
2) Only by guilds seeable Guild Commanders tags
3) Listing/Registry for easier finding fitting Guilds

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in CDI

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Gain influence from non-repping members at a reduced rate.
Improved guild chat.
Guild alliances.

agree with the first 2.
Alliances in the gw1 sense I dont think are needed if inf is earned for each guild and one can see guild chat from each.

multi-guild influence generation
Multi-guild chats
Things for 5-15 size groups

(more than party, less than map. look at 3h wurm.. TTS to my knowledge has 5000 people and only gets 150 for a wurm reliably at reset and sometimes at weekends)

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in CDI

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

To give the idea of guild halls more functionality than just a meeting place

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

GvG airship battles with characters jumping accross to each other, Pirates of the carribean style, siege cannons blasting, mid flight battles through clouds, the epicness we all hoped for when we first saw airships in the trailer.

Upgrade and kit your Guild airship out with siege, repair crews, medical crews, pilots and the like to ready yourselves to set sail!

Take your guild on an airship journy through the mists to discover new undiscovered lands and dungeons! Explore the mysteries and dangers within as a guild group! Beware enemy guilds also discovering these pockets of reality!

Possibilities for expansion are pretty awesome.

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

Woot, why not have the best of both modes? A guild hall where your AirShip docks at! Guildies will board the ship and set off to special instance or open world Guild Missions. The Aetherblades probably have some airships we can “repossess” hehe.

1) Guild Halls (with airships??) and GvG (since GvG use to take place at Guild Halls)
2) Expanded Guild Missions (doesn’t have to be more types, just more location variety to areas of Tyria that have less people, like Timberline Falls).
3) I’ve been playing GW1 more lately due to less areas to explore in GW2’s Tyria. Somehow, I got the following idea from GW1 and combined it with GW2:
A guild npc in the home instance that will let players travel immediately to the Guild Hall. Guild Hall travel should still have a travel to guild hall button when pressing the G key but having an NPC that can take your entire party to the guild hall (in your home instance) would be appreciated

(edited by reapex.8546)

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ok, so our fave three now that the thread’s been filled with suggestions? I’ll leave out guild halls because while I want them, want them baaaad, along with player housing, I don’t feel they come under QoL/Logistics. In no particular order:

- improved UI and granularity of information available in it; improved permission controls for guild bank tabs
- a vast reduction of chat and mail spam suppression between guild members
- easily manageable multi-guild chat, be it alliance, new chat channels, custom chat channels, etc.