Can't finish Map Completion because of WvW.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sipp.7501

Sipp.7501

It would seem that people are again attempting to direct the topic of discussion elsewhere. The point of this thread is not the legitimacy of WvW as a requirement for map completion; it is to discuss that SoS has not been green for three months and that we, the players affected, would like some sort of official acknowledgement of the issue.

If you would like to discuss WvW as a requirement for map completion, please do so elsewhere.

WvW color and map completion is an intertwined subject though. Explain how SoS have been affected (other than the map completion reason) by not being a certain color, in this case green?

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

It would seem that people are again attempting to direct the topic of discussion elsewhere. The point of this thread is not the legitimacy of WvW as a requirement for map completion; it is to discuss that SoS has not been green for three months and that we, the players affected, would like some sort of official acknowledgement of the issue.

If you would like to discuss WvW as a requirement for map completion, please do so elsewhere.

WvW color and map completion is an intertwined subject though. Explain how SoS have been affected (other than the map completion reason) by not being a certain color, in this case green?

While your argument is valid and they are indeed intertwined, my point stands. Yes, the only reason many of us on SoS are distressed over this is because we desire map completion. I fully recognize that. However, the intention of the topic as I see it wasn’t to argue over whether the WvW map should be required, it was simply to ask the attention of a dev on the WvW team to comment and give some sort of assurance that the system would not stick us in red or blue for too much longer.

The reason I do not want the point of the thread to change is because if a dev DOES comment on it, I do not want them to simply state “WvW is a requirement for map completion and this is working as intended.” I would LIKE for them to make a comment about this specific case, and possibly other cases involving servers in a similar situation.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

While your argument is valid and they are indeed intertwined, my point stands. Yes, the only reason many of us on SoS are distressed over this is because we desire map completion. I fully recognize that. However, the intention of the topic as I see it wasn’t to argue over whether the WvW map should be required, it was simply to ask the attention of a dev on the WvW team to comment and give some sort of assurance that the system would not stick us in red or blue for too much longer.

The reason I do not want the point of the thread to change is because if a dev DOES comment on it, I do not want them to simply state “WvW is a requirement for map completion and this is working as intended.” I would LIKE for them to make a comment about this specific case, and possibly other cases involving servers in a similar situation.

The thread maker himself states if you go and look back that “I am interested in a developer’s response because if they really want to reduce the match variation they should also take out WvW from the map completion or at least require less from it”. The point of this thread is about wvw being a requirement for map completion. It is selfish to think that this only applies to SOS. What about other people on servers having the same problems with map completion because of wvw then?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

WvW completion is easy but team color variation in high-tier servers are desperately low or completely constant because of same results every week. They have to add variation to team colors every week, this mustn’t depend on server ranking. This is the only thing that makes it hard. With this, WvW for map completion must stay because of different gameplay tastes.

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

They should make it so you only need to complete 1 borderland. They’re all the same kitten map.

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

The thread maker himself states if you go and look back that “I am interested in a developer’s response because if they really want to reduce the match variation they should also take out WvW from the map completion or at least require less from it”. The point of this thread is about wvw being a requirement for map completion. It is selfish to think that this only applies to SOS. What about other people on servers having the same problems with map completion because of wvw then?

I’ll concede that point to you, and as I also stated in my prior post I’d wish for a dev to comment both on the SoS case and other servers facing the same problem. I suppose you’re right, though, and that the two are intertwined.

I still believe that the thing to advocate for in this thread is better variance in color matching, not for a removal of the WvW requirement. I think that that requirement is good as it pushes people out of the base game and into WvW. However, map completion in the base game should only take around 3-4 weeks of casual play, and the WvW map should be in-line with this.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I am from sea of sorrows. I have map completion. Your argument is invalid.

aye, i’m in sea of sorrows since 3 days before official release and i have 100% map completion for all 4 WvW maps.

sea of sorrows have some decent WvW guilds.
we do hold the stone mist castle from time to time.

it still depends on which servers we are matched up against though.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

It’s absurd to ask your guild – and if you’re a solo player, you’re completely screwed from the get-go – to go and steamroll an entire map so you can have a shiny for a very distant personal goal.

Map completion in Orr can be done mostly solo, except for a couple of temples. In WvW you’re going to have to wait.

Pretty much, I did it on my bearbow over a year ago, the only thing that requires people are the temples and the skill point at Graven Cay (linked to the temple of melandru, if that isn’t clear theres a DoT around the skill point which makes it impossible). The rest of it is just tedious, not difficult.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

aye, i’m in sea of sorrows since 3 days before official release and i have 100% map completion for all 4 WvW maps.

I also have Map Completion myself since a long time, this is not my first Map Completion. However, with the recent changes (WvW Season 1 and now the match up reduction) we are NEVER green.

Stone Mist Castle is no problem, we have this everyday! Try getting the Green Keep without being green, and the Green Keep has a Vista that is basically a jumping puzzle having the walls open and stealthing in doesn’t help (yes! it is not a POI like some are saying on this thread)! We do need color variation or WvW is a very huge problem to Map Completion! If they can’t give us the color variation at least remove such keeps (green, red and blue keeps from eternal battlegrounds) from map completion.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I also have Map Completion myself since a long time, this is not my first Map Completion. However, with the recent changes (WvW Season 1 and now the match up reduction) we are NEVER green.

Stone Mist Castle is no problem, we have this everyday! Try getting the Green Keep without being green, and the Green Keep has a Vista that is basically a jumping puzzle having the walls open and stealthing in doesn’t help (yes! it is not a POI like some are saying on this thread)! We do need color variation or WvW is a very huge problem to Map Completion! If they can’t give us the color variation at least remove such keeps (green, red and blue keeps from eternal battlegrounds) from map completion.

oooo okies! sowee for not comprehending better earlier.

yes, i agree that the color rotation must be more varied.

would be quite inconvenient for personal WvW map completion if we always get stuck with one color.

Lua.4163

The main argument on this thread is: WvW Color Rotation at the moment is terrible for who wants to complete the map.

The worst to complete without being the right color is the Eternal Battle Grounds, especially the keeps. I would really like to hear from a Developer if they have any solution incoming because if we are really going to have those Match Up Reductions (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-matchup-variance-reduction/). WvW Completion will be nearly impossible for some servers.

I am not talking about only Sea of Sorrows, but even if you are on a server that is Green for too long it is bad. Doesn’t matter the color, neither the server. Staying on that color for too long is terrible for Map Completion.

(edited by Lua.4163)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

“Staying on that color for too long is terrible for Map Completion.”
aye, i can agree with this.

at least make it such that it rotate the colors more often.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I thought that colour rotation is completely random now? Back in the old days it used to be that Green = 1st, Red = 2nd and Blue = 3rd (or was 2 and 3 swapped?), but I’m quite certain that a patch some months ago removed that.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I thought that colour rotation is completely random now? Back in the old days it used to be that Green = 1st, Red = 2nd and Blue = 3rd (or was 2 and 3 swapped?), but I’m quite certain that a patch some months ago removed that.

ooo are you sure it is removed?

if it is removed, then we should have more variation in the colors.

but if it is by random, then, well, sometimes, random will give us the same color for many weeks too.

maybe there should be some kind of system that checks each server’s color to make sure the colors are rotated properly?

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

+ 1 SoSer thats been waiting for green EB keep for a kitten long time. Capping the EB keep of a T1 server as a server that can’t even get a queue during peak time is simpy not an option.

Great design anet, a 4 month long timegate.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

have you tried asking the green server nicely if theyll allow you to break in and get your business done and leave without capping it?

i havent been asked to let a keep be broken into… but a small group of people did one time ask me to bust northeast tower, and i allowed it. similar situation. one guy needed the one POI for his legendary. had a small 5 man group of guildies who were helping him. i was on first response and had repelled them once already from the tower. but they partied me and asked what it would take for me to let them in. “dont cap it” was good enough for me.

as long as your position is obviously weaker and you dont try any funny stuff, some people would probably be sympathetic.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Turin.1024

have you tried asking the green server nicely if theyll allow you to break in and get your business done and leave without capping it?

i havent been asked to let a keep be broken into… but a small group of people did one time ask me to bust northeast tower, and i allowed it. similar situation. one guy needed the one POI for his legendary. had a small 5 man group of guildies who were helping him. i was on first response and had repelled them once already from the tower. but they partied me and asked what it would take for me to let them in. “dont cap it” was good enough for me.

as long as your position is obviously weaker and you dont try any funny stuff, some people would probably be sympathetic.

Maybe on the lower tiers, but SoS is always matched vs the top servers, who take wvw way too seriously. No way they’re giving up a fully upgraded keep as a favor, especially not the EB keep.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Maybe on the lower tiers, but SoS is always matched vs the top servers, who take wvw way too seriously. No way they’re giving up a fully upgraded keep as a favor, especially not the EB keep.

Yeah, this doesn’t work with serious WvW servers. They give zero kittens about your need for map completion.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

what makes you think they would be giving it up? you dont have to capture it to get the poi and vista. just run around inside it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The simplest solution for ANET to fix the situation is by having map colors rotate so that in a one month period each server has rotated through each map color.

Meanwhile, I’m on SoS. I got map completion by setting my alarm clock on the weekend to get up at an atrocious hour for me so that I could map the Oceanic taken areas on the maps. I don’t know if that will help you or not, but it did take me weeks to complete and weird hours on the weekends for playing.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It should be random now, not based on relative strength. What did upset the color change balance however was the season 1 – for some reason it seems most (if not all, though i’m not 100% sure about that) servers remained the same color throughout the whole season. Add to that some unlucky rng before and after, and you end up with over 2 months of not getting that one color you need.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It should be random now, not based on relative strength. What did upset the color change balance however was the season 1 – for some reason it seems most (if not all, though i’m not 100% sure about that) servers remained the same color throughout the whole season. Add to that some unlucky rng before and after, and you end up with over 2 months of not getting that one color you need.

In the two weeks since the league ended, 9 out of 16 matches have the top server green; the middle, blue; and the bottom, red. If the colors were randomized (where each matchup has their three server colors randomly assigned), we’d expect only 1/6 matches to be “correct.” This could be RNG being RNG, but I doubt it.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

WvW and Orr completion feels unfair because it ultimately requires a big and well-coordinated group to accomplish, which is something that’s completely out of your control.

WvW: Yes.
Orr: Not even the slightest.

I have completed world completion 3 times. Orr was actually one of the easiest due to a lack of reknown hearts slowing me down. It was also the most profitable. If you rush right in and expect not to fight, you’ll die as fast as you ran.

Get yourself in exotics, take a few condition removers and cut your way through if you’re unable to run it. If your server isn’t capable of helping you with temples to make it easier for you to explore, find a site that shows you opened Orrian temples and guest to it. You get 2 free guests a day.

WvW took weeks, months and luck. It rewarded me with nothing. While people were zerging points I had already accomplished, I ignored them to go to the furthest reaches to explore what I hadn’t already. I wasn’t contributing to my server and I wasn’t alone.

World explorers and jump puzzle completers only take up slots for the real WvW players. We don’t want to be there, we’re not wanted there. But we need to be to complete a part of the PvE game that we wanted to finish.

Posted by: omnislash.7106

omnislash.7106

We just took tc keep in eb today 11pm (aus time) -SoS

Ktyz [CNB]
Cmdr
-Kaineng

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personally, I don’t agree with having WvW a required part of the map completion. It’s fine having PoI’s, and Vistas, and skill points in its maps, after all dungeons have PoIs too, but those aren’t required for map completion. Generally speaking, unless you’re on a strong, wvw-centric server, trying to get all the necessary wvw exploration requirements would be a nightmare.

So, my vote would be to dis-associate the two. No WvW for map completion, that’s my vote.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

So by most posters’ interjections, it seems you’d all be ok with those who only want to WvW to only have to get those areas for 100% world completion. Correct? I mean, they don’t like to do that, so they shouldn’t have to, right?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So by most posters’ interjections, it seems you’d all be ok with those who only want to WvW to only have to get those areas for 100% world completion. Correct? I mean, they don’t like to do that, so they shouldn’t have to, right?

No. World Completion is a pve thing, and should require pve play. WvW, by almost unanimous player opinion, is not pve. WvW is pvp play, with pve elements within it.

Besides, most WvW players don’t want “pve players” anywhere near their precious game mode. We just “take up space that a real player could have.”

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It’s not random, and for good reason. Tactically, the green keep in EB is the hardest to defend (strongest server in the matchup is placed here), red is the easiest to defend (weakest server in the matchup is here)

OP, there are 3 things you can try.

1 – Try to get your server to take the places you need.
2 – Wait until you get matched with different servers and hope that you change colour.
3 – Transfer to another server. It was free before the season to transfer to a medium population server.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

ozmaniandevil.6805

But you need WORLD completion for a legendary. So, how do you propose that WvW players only get a legendary? Or they don’t deserve one as much as PvE players?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

But you need WORLD completion for a legendary. So, how do you propose that WvW players only get a legendary? Or they don’t deserve one as much as PvE players?

Completing PvE map compared to wvw is easier. You don’t have to contend with 2 other servers trying to kill you at the same time. If you wait long enough you’ll eventually be green constantly crying on the forums instead of gathering people who need it on your server to just go and take the kitten thing is just silly.

No seriously if you want to cap something easily without cheating gather several people in the “off” hours and either build a few golems or some flame rams. Now granted capping something in EBG is harder than it sounds you can get by unnoticed if you do it correctly (I’ve done it before with 2 omega golems and a few buddies who needed a vista).

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

ozmaniandevil.6805

I beg to differ. It takes forever to comlete the PvE part of world completion. It’s boring, and there are people who don’t like it as much as those who hate WvW. I would dare say it would be faster, by FAR to get WvW points over PvE points.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

I agree that Orr completion is definitely not a problem, at least for me personally. I soloed orr on all my 8 classes plus my husband’s two toons with Malchor’s leap being the most annoying cuz of the troublesome vistas. So yeh, orr map completion is fine to me. But while completing wvw, even on my mesmer with invisibility, I still got ninja stomped by zergs and ganked by thieves, lol. That was the worst part of map completion >.< Now with keeps being held by the opposing team like all the time, its impossible to do with any of my alts=/

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

I beg to differ. It takes forever to comlete the PvE part of world completion. It’s boring, and there are people who don’t like it as much as those who hate WvW. I would dare say it would be faster, by FAR to get WvW points over PvE points.

I never said anything about time for ease of doing it. The WvW maps are more difficult to get 100% simply because of the fact YOU HAVE TO CONTEND with 2 other servers who want the places you need for PPT.

Just because something is easier to map out (pve maps) does not mean that it doesn’t take longer to do than harder (wvw maps). Just ignore the fact that Lornars Pass has the same amount of skill points, pois, vistas, and hearts as just 2 of the borderlands. Of course its going to take longer to map out all of the PvE maps simply because the pve maps out number them 7 times the amount.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

ozmaniandevil.6805

But it’s really not hard. You just have to be patient, same as WvW players who must run around PvE land and do all those hearts, etc. You just keep checking in and get what you can when you can. I’m not on a faceroll server. I had to wait. But when I did get in there, sometimes I joined the zerg, roamed with a group, or just ran around doing my own thing. Sometimes you get ganked. So what? WP back and try another area. The colors DO change. You will get your opportunity. It is ALL about patience.

For those wanting world completion for a legendary, you need to get badges of honor as well, so you might as well just get in there with the zerg!! Bring monies for armor repair, bring food for condi cleansing, and having some fun!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Not that I think this will happen, but perhaps the Gift of Exploration could be obtained by completing either Tyria or the Mists, rather than both. It seemed at launch that ANet wanted players to actually play WvW in order to get a legendary weapon. However, since badges now drop in achievement chests, the only requirement exclusive to WvW is the Gift of Exploration, and that can be gotten without fighting a single invader.

Posted by: Tamerlayne.2407

Tamerlayne.2407

That about sums it up right there. It’s WORLD completion!

WvW is in the Mists, and is NOT in the WORLD. Plain and simple. Thank you for pointing it out.

If WvW’ers want the PVE scum out of their backyard and not clogging up spots that could be taken by more real WuV’ers; then they should be all for getting rid of this ridiculous requirement for map completion that has no business interfering with their precious game play. It isn’t a part of the world and shouldn’t be required for world completion. Heck PvP Mists (same world map as WVW) isn’t required, even SSC isn’t required!

ozmaniandevil.6805

I disagree Tamerlayne. PvP is not part of the world because it’s a tournament-based instance. This is likely also why dungeons aren’t part of the “world”. They’re strictly instances that are not really “there” until players participate. On the other hand, WvW maps are always there. They could be full or empty or anywhere in between, but they are indeed part of the world and everyone in “PvE land” actually gets buffs and such from people who participate in it.

Look, I agree it can be frustrating to get the WvW points, which is why one shouldn not wait until the very last to get them. It takes anyone lots of time to complete the world. Start right away to get points in WvW so when you’re down to your last few %, those are NOT in the WvW maps!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I disagree Tamerlayne. PvP is not part of the world because it’s a tournament-based instance. This is likely also why dungeons aren’t part of the “world”. They’re strictly instances that are not really “there” until players participate. On the other hand, WvW maps are always there. They could be full or empty or anywhere in between, but they are indeed part of the world and everyone in “PvE land” actually gets buffs and such from people who participate in it.

Look, I agree it can be frustrating to get the WvW points, which is why one shouldn not wait until the very last to get them. It takes anyone lots of time to complete the world. Start right away to get points in WvW so when you’re down to your last few %, those are NOT in the WvW maps!

Please point out on the World Map of Tyria where the land of WvW is located.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

ozmaniandevil.6805

Maybe you can re-read my post as to why I suggested it’s part of “the world”. I made my reasoning quite plain.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The Mists are the afterlife, or the proto-space between worlds. They are not a part of Tyria.

Lua.4163

Since it is not my first Map Completion, I started doing my WvW completion much earlier and yet I finished my regular map completion before WvW. Every single Vista and POI is always available for players, they don’t need to wait 12 weeks or longer until the server gets the right color or to wait until the server can build a zerg of 100 players to take the Green Keep of a Tier 1 server. To complete one map outside of WvW usually takes two hours, could even take less if you have a small group of friends with you.

I am not “crying” on the forums. I just think that the current color rotation system is wrong, ANet will never find the perfect balance for WvW. People will always transfer to the winning server and other servers will always lose. All I need is ANet to come with a solution for the Color rotation. I want to be able to be Green/Red/Blue often enough that WvW completion isn’t such a burden even if you are on a losing server. I am not only speaking for myself but for anyone in this situation and I know quite a few.

To be fair, they should give 1 Gift of Exploration for finishing WvW and another one when the regular PvE areas are finished instead of giving two Gifts of Exploration once both areas are done.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I actually had a very similar issue a long time ago. It took about 3 months before I was able to get a specific poi in the green keep.

Posted by: Tamerlayne.2407

Tamerlayne.2407

While in some dungeouns, Use the mini map and choose different map-level and zoom out. Can sometimes see the “real world” that you are a part of.

While in the mists, either PvP or WvW you can zoom out and see all of those maps. They are completely different “worlds”.

The Mists are the afterlife, or the proto-space between worlds. They are not a part of Tyria.

Correct, they are not part of tyria.

—Anyways. The color rotation is the issue, has been for a very long time. ANET can not blame RNG on this, well they can… Once upon a time SOS had the reverse issue of being Top T1 (Green) for how many months on end? But back then you could free transfer at a drop of a hat.

2 suggestions for a solution for ANET: once matchups are determined don’t put #1 as green, #2 as, etc. but instead:

1) create an algorythim for each side of the 3 in a matchup to check what colors they have been the past 4 times. Then check if any given side has NOT been any given color in those past 4 times then make them that color.

Example: SoS has not been Green for the past 4 weeks but have been red and blue so they get to be green. In the same matchup with SoS, FA has not been green nor blue for the past 4 weeks so FA would be blue and SOS would be green and the other server gets to be red by default. Plenty more math to go into it, but the basic gist would be to check the past 4 weeks and force a side that has not been a color for a month+ to be a color.

So it should only take 5-6 weeks to get a color have not been before (6 if get matched with other people who have not also been the same color you have not been)

2) Force matchups between 3 servers to be 3 weeks long and rotate the colors so everyone gets each color once. This way in a given 6 weeks you will be each color twice, you might be the same color twice back to back for the next matchup (blue as last round of matchup 1 and blue as first round of matchup 2)

**All examples are made up, they are not real-world true — please do not take them out of context other than examples.

There is no reason #1 has to be Green etc.. all essentially the same maps..

(edited by Tamerlayne.2407)

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve finished WvW mapping on my main but not PvE mapping (have a couple of more Orr areas to finish). WvW mapping is not harder than PvE mapping. It is just different as you have less control over it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I’d be ok with it. All forms of gameplay should be rewarding. That and WvW world exploration can potentially take much, much longer than PvE exploration and requires far more luck on your side.

It genuinely doesn’t affect me if you get your legendary through WvW only or PvP only. So long as I can get mine through PvE only.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d definitely agree for WvW players to have a WvW-specific equivalent, requiring effort comparable to completing all PvE maps. In fact, I’d be completely okay with a separate WvW path for legendaries.

It genuinely doesn’t affect me if you get your legendary through WvW only or PvP only. So long as I can get mine through PvE only.

This

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Since you ask, under 1 year.

Ranger | Elementalist

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

WvW and Orr completion feels unfair because it ultimately requires a big and well-coordinated group to accomplish, which is something that’s completely out of your control. The alternative being to persevere for a random number of months until tide of the battle changes in just the right way, which is even more out of your control.

It’s absurd to ask your guild – and if you’re a solo player, you’re completely screwed from the get-go – to go and steamroll an entire map so you can have a shiny for a very distant personal goal.

Same problem with the end of the Personal Story – a mandatory grouped dungeon where the rest of it was always solo material (and, again, just getting to that dungeon requires rolling through all of Orr with a big and competent group that has no reason to do it otherwise).

What makes both cases absurd is that it’s not repeatable content – if you’ve done it once, you don’t need to do it again, so you’re not going to be too thrilled about having to help someone else do it.

Orr Completion is easy to solo now and back then you don’t need a group at all just be careful

Turin.1024

Week 13: blue.

The ride never ends.