Can we get an official word on Nightfury?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Ugh, end of page comment I imagine

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: heydayhero.1230

heydayhero.1230

When Hiccup looks into the Book of Dragons after the first day of training, and notices the page with the information about the nightfury. He had this to say “The holy offspring of lighting and death itself.” Therefore the missing part has to be the Gift of Lighting, the the Gift of Darkness on the next part of the recipe.
Can not try it myself but there is a clue for someone that can.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Then again, because his name is Hiccup a beverage of some kind seems logical. Too many tenuous links…

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Mech.4679

Mech.4679

When Hiccup looks into the Book of Dragons after the first day of training, and notices the page with the information about the nightfury. He had this to say “The holy offspring of lighting and death itself.” Therefore the missing part has to be the Gift of Lighting, the the Gift of Darkness on the next part of the recipe.
Can not try it myself but there is a clue for someone that can.

Gift of darkness is already in the recipe. Gift of lightning is not working.

Posted by: Madzharov.7530

Madzharov.7530

Has anyone tried the Gift of Zhaitan https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Zhaitan ? After all, the Night Fury is known as the “the unholy offspring of Lightning and Death itself” and Zhaitan is the Elder Dragon with the aspect of Death. Other items related to Death could also apply, like Final Rest http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Final_Rest for example. I know it can be argued that the Gift of Darkness is one such item, but Darkness could be linked to the Night Fury’s colour.

~ Just a scrub

(edited by Madzharov.7530)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

How to Train Your Dragon was an amazing movie!

Flying mounts confirmed!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mech.4679

Has anyone tried the Gift of Zhaitan https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Zhaitan ? After all, the Night Fury is known as the “the unholy offspring of Lightning and Death itself” and Zhaitan is the Elder Dragon with the aspect of Death. Other items related to Death could also apply, like Final Rest http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Final_Rest for example. I know it can be argued that the Gift of Darkness is one such item, but Darkness could be linked to the Night Fury’s colour.

Tried both gift of zhaitan + offering of zhaitan, both unforgeable..

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Will we get additional hints so players have a good chance of finding ths recipe while materials still drop?

Only one week left.

It would be super fail if Wintersday content arrives before this is discovered and nobody cares anymore. I only care about bats in October.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Cassellw.4731

Cassellw.4731

FYI the forge hasnt been showing stuff that can combine so now we know we may have had the right combo and it was bugged and didnt show it right

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I want it so baaad! For my evil revenant with Bloody Prince Staff!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mech.4679

Its a pain that anet is not giving any more hints.. except toothless Im pretty much giving up right now..

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’m not convinced it has anything at all to do with How to Train Your Dragon. I think that’s just Chris poking fun at the name being Nightfury, and that Toothless is a Night Fury dragon (two words). Which is honestly more cruel than not saying anything, if it really just sent a bunch of players off on a wild goose chase, wasting money on the most obscure items.

I’m more worried this is another Final Rest situation. I remember clear as day, that the developers confirmed on more than one occasion, that Final Rest was obtainable and in the game. Then it was added to the Shadow Behemoth loot table, because it had been bugged for over a year. I pray some developer(s) actually go and double check that it is possible to obtain whatever the items are that is required to make these shoulders. Don’t make the Final Rest mistake again..

Also, if this would require Heart of Thorns, I would say that’s not cool by the developers. This is a Halloween-related item. It should be obtainable for everyone, even those without Heart of Thorns.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

I saw a female norn necromancer with them on in Verdant Brink. She also had that Black Lion Ticket Bat Greatsword from Halloween. She helped me do a Hero Point and I just kept looking at her thinking, " O_O There’s a lot of people trying to make that……" Sorry, I should have asked her -_-

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Are you sure she had the shoulders? The greatsword makes the bat cloud effect.

(Also, while waiting to launch our guild hall claiming mission last night, one of us turned into a cloud of bats and stood in other people to give them fake bat shoulder effects. It was fun, and with names turned off could actually fool someone at a glance).

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

Hmm, it didn’t look like the one from the sword. There was too many bats and it had that sort of smokey blurry effect that the shoulders do. I could be wrong, but it looked just like it. And with all the running in circles the Hero Points in the HoT areas require sometimes, it definitely wasn’t another player. I guess I’ll never know for sure >.<

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Mech.4679

Nobody has it yet, so its from the sword.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

dont tell them anet. DONT TELL THEM.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Mech.4679

dont tell them anet. DONT TELL THEM.

Wauw, thanks..

Posted by: Cassellw.4731

Cassellw.4731

I don’t Really like these…

omg recipe!! how please!!!

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

I don’t Really like these…

This a little too obvious of a trolling effort since your shoulder armor is still visible and a previous poster already explained how to fake the look.

Posted by: Doctor.5068

Doctor.5068

Has anyone tried the Eye of Tequatl yet? My guild leader got this item the other day but I can’t find any information on it anywhere. She did link it in chat but idk if anyone else has seen one yet.

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Eye of Tequatl cannot be used the forge. Unless there is a recipe that enables that.. I believe the eye is for precursor collection.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Could we at least know if those “How to train your dragon” posts were to be taken seriously or if they were just for joking?

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Guys guys, I know what’s missing: A Nargacuga Wing!

Hmmm, nope. A “Heavenly Narga Scale”. Because it’s not simple enough to just need a wing . . .

By the way, if there was a Nargacuga here I think everyone would freak out over the combat. Why? No flash bombs, no sonic bombs, no pit traps

. . . though, our Elder Dragon Zhaitan fight is almost as engaging as beating Lao Shan Lung. We need Jormag to fight like Kushala Daora next

Dire Primoralis or riot!

Posted by: wklegend.5178

wklegend.5178

Data-mining has revealed that “Gyve of Madness” is contained in a future Heart of Thorns update.

http://guildwarshub.com/tattered-bat-wings-to-craft-nightfury/

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

How to Train Your Dragon was an amazing movie!

Agreed!!
Plus the TV show is pretty freaking sweet as well!

My 3 year old son absolutely loves it and is constantly playing “dragons” and loves to sit on my lap and watch me to do big dragon fights

Carry on….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This skin costs more than a precursor, wtf…