Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Not this again….cat ears does not fit GW2.Cat ears fits immersion dead games such as Perfect World games.No pls

Yeah but apparently having black and white feathered wings are perfectly fine along with having Super Saiyan Charrs and rainbow unicorns flying out of longbows.

All of that is also BIG fail of Anet.Just because they add those wings does not meant that they need to further break this game.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

saalle.4623

If they ever do this i will uninstall. I dindt bought this game to play with some anime bs. Wings are over the top already.

Same here,i bought this game cause it looked different and more serious then all those other asian kitten MMO’s.If i wanted cat ears,bunny ears,wings and rest of this “kitten”,i would play 1 of those 10000 asian MMO’s that have this.This is exactly what those immersion breaking supporters should do.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

If they ever do this i will uninstall. I dindt bought this game to play with some anime bs. Wings are over the top already.

Same here,i bought this game cause it looked different and more serious then all those other asian kitten MMO’s.If i wanted cat ears,bunny ears,wings and rest of this “kitten”,i would play 1 of those 10000 asian MMO’s that have this.This is exactly what those immersion breaking supporters should do.

Yes, GW 2 is ever so serious with its hordes of noisy minipets, candy and toy based weapon skins, costume brawls, and unicorn shortbows. Nevermind the vast majority of the finishers.

Oh right, can’t forget all those transformation items as well.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Seriously people, they have had these type of things from the beginning. This is NOT a game of super immersion. It’s just not and it never will be. If you want to quit the game over something like that, go ahead but I wonder why you decided to play this game to begin with.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

If you want serious go ESO. There’s no fashion wars in that game whatsoever.

Unless it’s buying motifs to make daedric armor. That’s about it.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Nyx of night.1062

Nyx of night.1062

lol people are getting hostile over a silly little thing such as costume components that don’t directly effect them??? wow, some people need to take a chill pill. I’ve always loved cat ears, even before I ever learned of anime; halloween anyone? It’s not JUST an anime thing, people, get over it. I probably won’t buy them for my character (she’s a necro LOL), but I support the idea My dream item is bat wings XD

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

saalle.4623

OK,whatever.I really resent this in games but Gw2 already is sunken too deep with this nonsense items.
I dont like “noisy minipets, candy and toy based weapon skins, costume brawls, and unicorn shortbows.”I did not know GW2 have those before i bought it…but too attached to GW2 now to leave it.
I wont care anymore,since we got wings…i can expect anything now and i must take it and live with it as mature person,even if those things are….more wings,cat and bunny ears -.-,quaggan playable race….skimpy TERA outfit and all those other “cool” and “cute” stuff….Gw2 went to far in to this,i respect Zenimax for this,for creating perfect immersion in its game (just like Blizzard) which,even though WOW have silly things – game still feels like war craft.Gw2 start to feels like “perfect word” game.Too bad im Gw2 fan now.

(edited by saalle.4623)

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

PLEASE YES!!! I really want cat ears…

But more like the Guild Wars One ears. I REALLY miss them.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Bunny ears are a symbol of easter. Cat ears are symbol of cringe.

Glorious Human Master Race

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

lol at all the “muh immersion” neckbeards .

Guild wars has never and will never be a gritty realistic, grim dark setting.

Stuff like cat ears would fit into the game world perfectly.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

saalle.4623

Aha,also Rytlock wearing a bra would also fit so well to this game.Rytlock in bra would look soo “cute” >.<.Go anet…give us Rytlock with bra…

Ahh 1 more thing,give human ears to Asura and Charr.If humans can have cat ears,then Charr can have human ears.Lets break this game even more.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Its not a grim dark setting, but btween not been it to have cat ears as a hat, theres a big difference.

Still i doubt that with so many optinos after 2 weeks of the selling we will see 1/5+ of the population using it, so its not gamebreaking and we have plenty of that stuff alredy -.- .

I will survive and you would be happy, so im in favor of the cat ears.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Btw, Gaile Gray, can you make a thread red tagged and locked in the uper part of the forum , witht he name of Gem stuff suggestions? or if theres one alredy promote it.

That way the devs of the gem stuff can look for ideas that some customers alredy are demanding. Also a small description in the post explaining that if you like an idea you can put a +1 in it so that the devs can see what are the more liked ideas, at least in the forum population.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Btw, Gaile Gray, can you make a thread red tagged and locked in the uper part of the forum , witht he name of Gem stuff suggestions? or if theres one alredy promote it.

They’re trying to cut down on stickies so I doubt this would be happening. It’s not hard to find the Gemstore Items thread in any case. It’s usually in the first few pages on the forum.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: thundermarch.5643

thundermarch.5643

SO.MUCH.INEED

It will be so fun on my humain mesmer, i already have the buny ears, but Cat ears will be so nice !

Hope they will add them to the gemstore too

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I wouldn’t call this immersion breaking with all the current unicorn-rainbow crap there is currently. But it would definitely add to the tackiness already in game,

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Not this again….cat ears does not fit GW2.Cat ears fits immersion dead games such as Perfect World games.No pls

yeah, cat ears break immersion like you wouldn’t believe, not like the wings backpacks, or the quaggan backpacks and hats, or the disco ball mace….

nice try.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: krzygum.4028

krzygum.4028

I don’t mind cat ears as long as I can hide other players models.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t mind cat ears as long as I can hide other players models.

Anet can’t even be bothered to let us silence minipets that make constant noise. That will never happen.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

Glad to see more would like cat ears too hehe

I posted the anime cat ears to show the option to color dye. In GW1 the ferocious kitty ears were not dyeable. I was looking for simple cute ears 2tone without a headband attached.

Bunny ears was a hit and many want them to return. Although I wish I had gotten them back then and missed out and had gotten other things instead, I feel that there should be some items kept nostalgic. It always brings a smile to my face when I see the bunny ears, the baseball cap etc. good memories.

I attached a pic of maybe some options with patterns and plain

Attachments:

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

would really like to see this added for this halloween (2016). we have the cat home instance collection, chuka and champawat, so why not more cat themed items. could be just tiger themed.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really? Cat Ears in Guild Wars didn’t push me away. I rather enjoyed them on my pink-clad Ritualist.

Funny how opinions differ, no?

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

What is up with some people and their insane hatred of anything Japanese. It’s very bizarre. Are you a hipster or something?

I play western games, not east one like Blade & Soul and for a good reason. Why people bringing up anime stuff into my territorial when you can move out to your yet another anime junk and enjoy car ears, naked people and other lame stuff? My pic sums it up and i say no to this. We have enough of it already.

One could argue that this isn’t your territory, for one. Two, I believe a Korean game company has a hand in Guild Wars 2, so I’ve heard. Three, not all anime is about cat ears, naked people, and ‘other lame stuff.’

Generalizations = bad.

However, I’m not for cat ears myself. They would just look weird, IMO.

Yeah, Korean company that doesnt want AN to open up Cantha – weird huh?
W/e you say but im not visiting east games asking for west stuff and many people doesnt either. You saw what you picked up, so yeah pushing stuff which is outside of this game, in this case anime stuff is in fact a violation of territory. Try to release that stuff in games like lotro and watch this game burn down day one. So again..your eyes saw what you bought, dont push anime stuff here.

And just to clarfity..i dont mind them on it own as much as they dont make them look similiar to the pics OP posted

btw. i have never seen anything from anime that looks “normal” yet.

tl:dr bunny ears are perfectly fine but the second SOMEONE ELSE wears cat ears i just cant stand it… selfish.

im bad at sarcasm

(edited by abaddon.3290)

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If I google “weeabos,” will I regret it? o.O

~EW

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha! I have no idea what a ‘weeb’ is, either. Darn that old age!

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

~EW

a weeaboo is a person who makes a complete fool of themself trying to copy Japanese culture. according to urban dictionary.

im bad at sarcasm

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

a weeaboo is a person who makes a complete fool of themself trying to copy Japanese culture. according to urban dictionary.

Ah, that is gtk…. thanks.

Now, is there a term for someone who uses the term “weeabos” in the middle of an intolerant forum rant?

~EW

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I would love to see cat ears as well, if we can have rabbit ears in game, why not cat ears too?..

It would be a great Halloween gem shop item.

The rabbit ears example is a bad once since they haven’t been purchasable for quite some time now.

… It’s been less than a year since they were last purchasable. I got mine at the march sale.

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

While I don’t understand this type of request, GW2 has plenty of other immersion-breaking items. Since this would be a Store item, this request should have been added to the Store Item thread.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

Well kids this is what games and stuff are turning into

pic related.

Attachments:

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Now I’m looking forward to 2090, thanks!

Also, I’m looking forward to this necro’d thread being locked….

~EW

Can we have Cat Ears ;)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey guys,

Every time one of these threads arises, I get a little concerned that the team is going to miss some great ideas. We have a sticky thread for suggestion on in-game items, and I’d really like to encourage those of you with ideas, suggestions, and input on potential items to head over there a post!

Now, if there’s something that has been offered before that you’d like to see again, well, we’re all ears. ~nudge~ For those ideas, please post here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet