Can we have Chinese language support added ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danyier.4783

Danyier.4783

Hi .
As he title says now that Guildwars 2 is being released in China could we get Chinese language add to our client?

Not all Chinese people live in China and I’m sure many who live in Eu and NA who play Guildwars would like this to be added.

Not for Me but my partner who’s English is good but in fast paced gaming it is easier to read in your native language.

Thankyou .

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Im pretty sure the chinese people living in EU or NA are able to speak and or read english perfectly fine…That would just be a pretty huge waste of time for anet tbh.Also,english is not even my main yet you dont see me asking for my own language being added..You start with chinese,then you got the french..and the spanish..and the germans…and the russians…You see where im going yet ?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Im pretty sure the chinese people living in EU or NA are able to speak and or read english perfectly fine…That would just be a pretty huge waste of time for anet tbh.Also,english is not even my main yet you dont see me asking for my own language being added..You start with chinese,then you got the french..and the spanish..and the germans…and the russians…You see where im going yet ?

Except the Chinese client already has the ability to play the game in Chinese, so it would be that hard to just transfer that over to the NA and EU clients which is what the OP is asking for.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

I actually agree with Danyier in that the Chinese language voices, text and interface language should be ported over and made available for the NA and EU clients. I mean they already have the necessary digital assets in Mandarin, and the NA client, does in fact, have support for French, Spanish and German, so don’t think it’ll be too hard to add another option.

But hey, I’m not a programmer.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I would love to see a universal translation system like in ff11 where some important phrases are translated to every one. This could be done in an emote system where you add in more useful emotes say point North South East or an emote that say your waiting on @ person maybe a emote that commands an attk on mob or commands to run away from the mob etc.. They do not all need animation but it would be nice to have some type even if its just a reused animation just as long as every one knows what your emote is trying to say.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA