Cant salvage this armor? What is it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Legionnaire.1586

Legionnaire.1586

Hey guys, so i have 5 pieces of exotic armor that is soulbound. Inside the armor i have strength runes and i have a black lion chest kit. What is utter bs is i cant salvage this armor to get the runes out, I cant sell it (obv), and i cant even throw the kitten things in the mystic toilet. What kind of god forsaken armor has ANET decided to troll us with that wont allow the armor to be salvaged or thrown in the mystic toilet? I honestly dont remember where i got it from (WvW, karma etc). And yes it is transmuted, but other transmuted armor i got i can salvage.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Could you attach a screenshot?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Did you buy it from WvW vendor? or from temple vendor?

Both vendor armor are not salvageable nor selling.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Armor obtained through Karma merchants usually is not salvageable. Any armor or weapons that comes in as soulbound before equipping it cannot be salvaged. This includes some specialty merchants, special events/giveaways, level-up rewards, etc.

Account-bound/Tradable items before being equipped are all salvageable.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Armor obtained through Karma merchants usually is not salvageable.

All karma weapons/armor aren’t salvageable and if they are it is considered a banable exploit.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

This is exactly why they’re selling [Upgrade Extractors] on the Gem Store (even though they’re generally more expensive than buying your gear and upgrades again).

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What kind of god forsaken armor has ANET decided to troll us with that wont allow the armor to be salvaged or thrown in the mystic toilet?

All karma gear, while not salvageable, is certainly forgeable.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Probably WvW brought with Badges of Honor, I know mine was brought with Badges and I can’t forge or salvage it either. Buy orders help to take the sticker shock out of replacing your Runes. You can always keep it as a spare set just in case.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Quick reminder for Anet : please put a warning before anyone buys a WvW piece of gear so newbs don’t get screwed.

To OP : Gear that can be neither salvaged nor forged is bought from WvW.

Now you have 2 solutions :

• spend gold to buy upgrade extractor on the gemstore
  • spend gold to buy a new set of strengh runes.
Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Stuff you get from login rewards is also non-salvageable/sellable.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Quick reminder for Anet : please put a warning before anyone buys a WvW piece of gear so newbs don’t get screwed.

It is also a quick and easy way to take out a credit card and buy gem for extractor.

I know not everyone can pay cash, but it is quite affordable to buy gem with cash rather than spending the hard earning golds.

Anyway, its one more option really.

Olvendred.3027

Stuff you get from login rewards is also non-salvageable/sellable.

Incorrect, if you are referring to the Chest of Exotic Gear. They are account bound on acquire, so not sellable, but can be salvaged.

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

All karma weapons/armor aren’t salvageable and if they are it is considered a banable exploit.

just curious: why the kitten do they have something against salvageing those items?

i paid for them ingame, after all. anet really doesnt want to give you anything remotely useful for karma, it seems.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

just curious: why the kitten do they have something against salvageing those items?

i paid for them ingame, after all. anet really doesnt want to give you anything remotely useful for karma, it seems.

They are against salvaging those items because it could lead to direct karma/badges → gold conversion. Buy things with karma and salvage them for ectos and other materials. Apparently they don’t want direct karma→gold exchange.

Before the Wardrobe update you could use transmutation stones to get the rune you wanted even from non-salvageble/forgable gear, so it wasn’t such a big deal. With the Wardrobe update that’s no longer possible, it’s an oversight by Anet that they need to fix.

Olvendred.3027

Because there’s such a massive profusion of karma and BoH’s in peoples’ wallets. If karma gear or WvW gear could be salvagable normally, then the price of ectos and all other mats you can get from salvaging (all tiers of wood, cloth, metal, etc) would collapse overnight. It would be bad for the economy.

A way of salvaging the gear just for upgrades but not anything else has been requested in the past, but so far, has not been introduced.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

It is also a quick and easy way to take out a credit card and buy gem for extractor.

I know not everyone can pay cash, but it is quite affordable to buy gem with cash rather than spending the hard earning golds.

Anyway, its one more option really.

Sure, but that’s so obvious I didn’t even bother to mention it. Not like anet discouraging people to buy gems with real money

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

The easy solution would be to make WvW and temple armour salvageable in the sense that it gives you back the rune, but no other materials.

Upgrade extractors would still retain their main function of removing an upgrade without destroying the armour/weapon.