Capes. Makes them a thing.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yon.5876

Yon.5876

Why aren’t there capes in Guild Wars 2? These were a thing in the original Guild Wars and would seriously be a nice cosmetic addition to the game. Is there some kind of technical problem to making capes or has it been decided they’re not fashionable anymore? I certainly prefer a cape that spans from neck to knees rather than a pant-cape fusion.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

http://i.imgur.com/9Ybgz.gif

…Seriously… Those things are death traps.

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Gemshop armor already clips itself anyways, So i really don’t see a reason why they would avoid capes, whats so bad bout a little more clipping if we get capes with it?

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

For a game so focused on aesthetic upgrades, we’re moving backwards instead of forward.

Capes should have been in from the get go, town clothes became tonics, gem store outfits instead of pieces we can mix and match, single pieces of armor costing as much as $6? and 2 years and no new in game armor sets besides the ascended which is … unfortunate.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Why aren’t there capes in Guild Wars 2? These were a thing in the original Guild Wars and would seriously be a nice cosmetic addition to the game. Is there some kind of technical problem to making capes or has it been decided they’re not fashionable anymore? I certainly prefer a cape that spans from neck to knees rather than a pant-cape fusion.

while i’d like them, they’d only look good on heavy armor classes imo. almost every medium armor skin is a trenchcoat, and almost every light armor skin is a robe.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Perhaps a beanie with a flag on the top?
I will drape my cape over my mount’s back as I take him to my house next to the guild hall.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There would be clipping and the way some ppl are taking the new outfit that if it has clipping they do not want it so you realty should ask the GW2 community to get over them self and realize its just a game not every thing NEEDs to look like real life.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Capes are not exactly pratical combat attire… But then neither is a quaggan plushie.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Well they have to draw the line somewhere.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You have Guild armor and Guild weapons. With the back pieces in the game, capes would cover them.

No to capes

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Well they have to draw the line somewhere.

So they draw it at capes?

When they have plushie backbacks? When they have a massive, spiked quiver? When they have greatswords the size of skyscrapers? When there are chef outfits, baseball caps, and every number of other silly outfits that don’t fit into the time period?

I’m going to have to repeat my question. They draw the line at capes?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

You have Guild armor and Guild weapons. With the back pieces in the game, capes would cover them.

No to capes

Surely capes would be back pieces…

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

No to capes

Surely capes would be back pieces…

Not to mention it’s quite inconsiderate to decline an optional choice that many would love to have just because it doesn’t fit your aesthetic taste.

Posted by: Yon.5876

Yon.5876

http://i.imgur.com/9Ybgz.gif

…Seriously… Those things are death traps.

Haha sorry was on vacation so a late reply but I definitely saw that coming :P

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If capes became backpieces, how would shields and weapons stowed on the back interact with said capes?

Should the shields and weapons ‘float’ above the cape? Should the cape be static so it would not interfere with said ‘floating’ weapons? Should the cape cover the weapons/shields? Let them clip massively?

How would you, as a designer, solve these issues?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Did someone already summon Edna Mode? Yes?

Okay then, I think she explains it best.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Grenth hood has a short cape

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I fail to see how a Zephyr Rucksack is easier to do than a cape,seriously.

I would gladly pay 800 Gems for at least an outfit with a cape in it (but just the cape would be better)

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I’ve already added this topic. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Bring-Back-Guild-Capes/first#post4335053

Please check the forum before posting.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Capes are not exactly pratical combat attire… But then neither is a quaggan plushie.

^this is so true.

If capes became backpieces, how would shields and weapons stowed on the back interact with said capes?

Should the shields and weapons ‘float’ above the cape? Should the cape be static so it would not interfere with said ‘floating’ weapons? Should the cape cover the weapons/shields? Let them clip massively?

^Also this.

For some reason we have a body armor, weapons, siege with guild tag and also a guild finisher.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

^this is so true.

^Also this.

For some reason we have a body armor, weapons, siege with guild tag and also a guild finisher.

Reply Here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Bring-Back-Guild-Capes/first#post4335053

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Darn, peopel already beat me to the “NO CAPES!” Gif. My life =(

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”