Casual - Hardcore- Problem, solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

The main problem with “casual v hardcore” is that games are made with this duality in the first place. When I was young you had one difficulty called “the f-ing game you just bought” and you either beat it or you didn’t. There were no difficulty settings.

Exactly. Unfortunately, the original game I bought was casual. The “hardcore content” is new.

So, the logical conclusion of this argument would be to dumb down raids and the new maps to make them as easy as dungeons and core Tyria. However, I don’t think this would make people happy, so this argument doesn’t really work here.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

So in normal mode – I say only ‘blues’ should drop at 300% MF.
Anything more would be outrageous.
Map progression should also be capped at 50%
All nodes (harvesting) should also be removed.

‘Hard’ mode – has the existing MF Rate – and other stuff.

O___O normal mode should stay as it is…why punish player? thats nonsence…for me the fun alone is rewarding enough…sure it would be cool to get 3 rares in 1 h instead of 2…

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The main problem with “casual v hardcore” is that games are made with this duality in the first place. When I was young you had one difficulty called “the f-ing game you just bought” and you either beat it or you didn’t. There were no difficulty settings.

I don’t know what kind of games you used to play but what I used to play would be considered ultra hardcore by the average casual GW2 player. The so called “casual” gamer didn’t exist some years ago. “Gamers” were all players who loved games for what they are, loved games for what they presented and felt good when beating them. The “I just want to play 10 minutes to relax” mentality appeared after the actual “casual” games became a reality.

Now every game tries to be “casual” and all that wonder of old is lost.

Exactly. I completely agree. I miss the days where you got a game or sat down at a table and not a thing adjusted to make your life easier. Now-a-days it’s just nerf after nerf GM/dev-side and allowance after allowance player-side.

Well some really good “gems” appear through kickstarters from time to time that really capture the essence of old-school games. Little to no hand-holding, complex design/mechanics, interesting plot etc

I just hope the upcoming HoT “nerf” will only affect time commitment, as Cyninja said

- HoT rewards with less time commitment
- fixing the megaserver and participation system
- maybe add some non raid way of access to legendary armor

And they won’t touch the mob difficulty at all. Fingers crossed.

moony.5780

Exactly. Unfortunately, the original game I bought was casual. The “hardcore content” is new.

So, the logical conclusion of this argument would be to dumb down raids and the new maps to make them as easy as dungeons and core Tyria. However, I don’t think this would make people happy, so this argument doesn’t really work here.

U ever played the original orr? there were 2 times more monster..and it was suuuuuuuuuper fun….so i just wanna have it back but…since player enjoy the current orr..why not let both excist?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

You are trying to fix an issue that is only an issue for you.
The solution? YOU fix it.
Make 5 accounts. Log them in and go afk on them. Now fight near them, everything will scale up and be hard for you.
Still not hard?
Reduce your gear.

The original Cursed Shore was NOT fun. You literally couldn’t get anywhere without wading through mobs, it was like Serious Sam without any gear because nobody had exotics at that point, none of the meta had been worked out and not that many people had even got there at this point. NOT fun. Also full of bots. So no thanks.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

moony.5780

unluckily i dont have 5 pcs…and from what i read in the contact im not allowed to play 2 acc at the same time

moony.5780

and its not only me who have this problem…if i was the only one who like thrill and challanges..nodoby in the world would have ever made a difficult game

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

O___O normal mode should stay as it is…why punish player? thats nonsence…for me the fun alone is rewarding enough…sure it would be cool to get 3 rares in 1 h instead of 2…

Because they’re trying to do existing content at an easier difficulty

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

From a blogpost back at release:

For people who love structured and difficult content, we developed the explorable mode for our eight dungeons. A dungeon’s explorable mode has at least three different paths that players can choose to conquer—and each path is a five-character delve into tough content that we designed to push the limits of teamwork and communication.

Notice the words: tough content, and pushing the limits. I don’t know which original game you bought but I bought one that was supposed to offer challenge and push teamwork to the limit. That’s by definition not casual, can we please stop with the “the original game was casual” non-sense?

They are giving us now what we were supposed to have 3 years ago, things that were advertised to be in the game, but sadly their dungeon content didn’t live up to the expectations, and then it was completely neglected for years. That doesn’t mean we weren’t supposed to get challenging content in the game. It was ADVERTISED and HYPED as something in the game.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

U ever played the original orr? there were 2 times more monster..and it was suuuuuuuuuper fun….so i just wanna have it back but…since player enjoy the current orr..why not let both excist?

Lol original Orr was just stupid and annoying. You had to properly use condition cleanse and metal gear your way around. If not, you got stun locked to death. It was a challenge though.

moony.5780

You are trying to fix an issue that is only an issue for you.
The solution? YOU fix it.
Make 5 accounts. Log them in and go afk on them. Now fight near them, everything will scale up and be hard for you.
Still not hard?
Reduce your gear.

The original Cursed Shore was NOT fun. You literally couldn’t get anywhere without wading through mobs, it was like Serious Sam without any gear because nobody had exotics at that point, none of the meta had been worked out and not that many people had even got there at this point. NOT fun. Also full of bots. So no thanks.

well for some it was not fun..but for others it was fun…..just bcs it was not fun for u u cant say it is no fun…..for me i just wanna hev something that everyone is happy…..i mean…why and how does it annoy u that i wanna fight a lvl 74 monster downscaled to lvl 73..and not to 76?? if u wanna be 76 ok..np..but why not let us choose what we want?? its a game after all we all play..and we all wanna enjoy

Ayrilana.1396

Lol original Orr was just stupid and annoying. You had to properly use condition cleanse and metal gear your way around. If not, you got stun locked to death. It was a challenge though.

Or… you know… you killed things.

General Health.9678

I honestly have no idea what you want.
Downscale a monster to 74 not 73..
You can’t have that and you can’t keep claiming there is even a playerbase that wants that. Do you even have the expansion?

moony.5780

I feel this conversation so strange…..i wanna offer happieness for all(by beeing able to choose what difficulty u wanna play) ….and so many dont like it XD ….

imagine…there is breakfast…we have butter, cheese, ham, tomato, cucumber, milk, tea, coffee,….100 other things…..now i want that we have these 100 things…so everyone can choose and be happy with his breakfast…..
What we have now is….1 guy decide we wanna have ham in his tea..and everyone else need to hamy tea also..there is no other way to decide……
i say..let everyone be happ and choose what he want..if he like ham in tea..ok why not..may worth a try..but i wanna have my tomatoes <3 while my friend loves her cheese sandwich…

happy end

ekarat.1085

Here’s why pleasing both casuals and hardcore players is next to imposible:

If you make a “normal raid mode” that gives all rewards and achievements, then hardcore players scream.

If you make a “normal raid mode” that keeps exclusive rewards for hard mode only, then casual players scream.

The best you can do is make hard mode twice as rewarding as normal mode (which allows all rewards and all original achievements, with an extra set of new hard-mode-only achievements), so both casuals and hardcore players will be equally unhappy. That’s still not a great solution.

moony.5780

I honestly have no idea what you want.
Downscale a monster to 74 not 73..
You can’t have that and you can’t keep claiming there is even a playerbase that wants that. Do you even have the expansion?

The monster is 74…..my character is 76 in this area….i wanna only MY character be lvl 73..urs can still be lvl 76….that is what i mean…..

sry if my english is not so good to understand xP

and yes i have the expansion..its good made but still the central tyria maps r better designed

General Health.9678

But that wouldn’t make it hard mode.
Just marginally harder because it would take a bit longer to kill it.
For one person. You.
That isn’t a new game mode.

If you’d wanted HoT Monster new tactics I could understand it but you aren’t describing a hard mode and the devs wouldn’t implement that. They already gave us harder with the expansion.

moony.5780

If you make a “normal raid mode” that gives all rewards and achievements, then hardcore players scream.

If you make a “normal raid mode” that keeps exclusive rewards for hard mode only, then casual players scream.

The best you can do is make hard mode twice as rewarding as normal mode (which allows all rewards and all original achievements, with an extra set of new hard-mode-only achievements), so both casuals and hardcore players will be equally unhappy. That’s still not a great solution.

I get ur point

im just not talking at all about raids..im talking about open world…..gw2 have the greated and best open world in all games i ever player (i player more than 100 games xP)

moony.5780

But that wouldn’t make it hard mode.
Just marginally harder because it would take a bit longer to kill it.
For one person. You.
That isn’t a new game mode.

If you’d wanted HoT Monster new tactics I could understand it but you aren’t describing a hard mode and the devs wouldn’t implement that. They already gave us harder with the expansion.

Then i should be happy with my ham in the tea?

moony.5780

if it isnt even hardmode..it should be even easier to be implemented….and how will it effect u if my character is haveing a lower lvl?

moony.5780

Or… you know… you killed things.

y..i was also killing the monster..step by step..and i made my map completation during that time.

ekarat.1085

I get ur point

im just not talking at all about raids..im talking about open world…..gw2 have the greated and best open world in all games i ever player (i player more than 100 games xP)

None of the games I’ve played had a challenging open world. Then again, I get the impression that some of the newer ones might have a challenging open world, but I haven’t played them. When people think of challenging content, they think of dungeons/raids, not open world. The idea of a challenging open world just feels weird to me, and I think it would be frustrating for people who just want to go somewhere and avoid combat.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

If it wasn’t so sad this thread would be humorous.
Only one person has brought up the significant fact that rewards matter.

The one question I have is if you consider yourself a hard core gamer, would you still play the harder content you enjoy if the rewards are the same as for casual content?

So is it the harder content you want, or is it the better rewards?

lets make sure we are discussing what really matters here.

moony.5780

I get ur point

None of the games I’ve played had a challenging open world. Then again, I get the impression that some of the newer ones might have a challenging open world, but I haven’t played them. When people think of challenging content, they think of dungeons/raids, not open world. The idea of a challenging open world just feels weird to me, and I think it would be frustrating for people who just want to go somewhere and avoid combat.

Thats why im trying to say that 2 same maps with different difficulty would be a solution….i honestly dont enjoy 1 hitting everything..and i dont enjoy 1 hitting 10 monster in an event..and the rest of the player dont even saw the monster comming and get no reward bcs of me

moony.5780

The one question I have is if you consider yourself a hard core gamer, would you still play the harder content you enjoy if the rewards are the same as for casual content?

for me im playing for fun…so i dont care if i get the same rewards…haveing a fun fight is reward enough (if the generall reward would be ok)

also..if i were to play for rewards…i would not bother to run around central tyria….sightseeing….gliding off from beautiful cliffs….while my guildmates farm high lvl fractals for money….

(edited by moony.5780)

moony.5780

After i finished this lonely monster..its a challange to find a next one…or maybe they all hide from me :/

Attachments:

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

y i also agree this definition is wrong

This is why I stated first that it varies from player to player. A hardcord player has a different view of what casual is compared to a hardcore spvp so forth.

If you want the most definite definiton of what casual is: A player that can’t handle the idea of a high chance to fail an event. Their first reaction to failing an event is to either complain how overpowered said event is or come to the forum to post request for nerfs rather than to review what mistakes were made and work to improve.

This is why hot maps will be rolled back in the near future.

As a casual player, I find this extremely offensive. I play solo most of the time, but by your definition I’m a mindless sheep. Not appreciated.

easily offended is another quality, I din’t give you that label though- When you make multiple mistakes, Does that have a major effect on success or failure of event? If your answer is no, sorry merely not grouping up does not qualify solo play.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

moony.5780

U know……..Fractals are the best example from what i want…just when i mentioned fractals….there r many different lvl for the same map…..and everyone can choose what he want…all reward more or less the same..but higher ones faster..bcs it also take moooore time to make them..

Ayrilana.1396

It’s actually players wanting easier content rather than the other way around. Or at least that’s how I took it.

moony.5780

It’s actually players wanting easier content rather than the other way around. Or at least that’s how I took it.

Im trying to ask..to make 2 modes for open world…or at least a way that a player can make himself weaker so the monster r stronger for him alone only.

If there was a better reward while beeing weaker..all these zerker who destroy an event for everyone around would not be so annoying anymore..they r happy (bcs of better reward)..and the others r happy..bcs they can finally hit a monster and get also rewards

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Because one is inherently more profitable.

While that encourages players to get better as this isn’t a 1 player game it doesn’t work out so well.

moony.5780

Because one is inherently more profitable.

While that encourages players to get better as this isn’t a 1 player game it doesn’t work out so well.

Oh im sure there is a way to balance the reward..where is a will there is a way. (also the old orr monster didnt drop so often the bags…at least when they reduced the amount of monster they said “dont worry we increased the dropchance of bags”…so the opposite should be possible.

also…the game is a “play as u like” game…i remember me running alone in the maps..and then randomly seeing someone and we were helping out eachother if needed..was really a cool feeling back then….i felt happy seeing another player…now it is “oh no i hope hes not on zerker..otherwise i cant hit any monster”

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

a simple solution would just to make Chanels available to the players so the player can meet up in channel 1,2,3 normal mode exploration, channel 4,5,6 could be for hard mode maps. granted the problem with this idea is all the vetrens would then go to 4,5,6 and the 1,2,3 maps would be scarce with all new or casual players. possibly make just 1 or 2 maps for hard mode and have a Q time so it still forces vets to interact with the newbies.

overall channels in general would be more useful then having to taxi in LFG all day long. Player taxing shouldnt be necessary.

and the party group spawning still is bad as it always sends my party members to seperate maps and we all have to taxi ourselves to one players map. if we could just say everyone go to Ch. 4 it would fix that problem.

quick edit: I dont think hardmode should grant better rewards, the challenge and possibly titles should be the reward. this way allows for the players who want more of a challenge then to stand still and mash the 1 2 3 buttons to kill something. Adding more advance attacks to mobs in hardmode would also be ideal…or just take away any telegraphs as those are an addition to action combat for newbs. real combats you need to read the enemy not the ground.

(edited by DeadlyDohnut.7052)

DGraves.3720

Oh im sure there is a way to balance the reward..where is a will there is a way. (also the old orr monster didnt drop so often the bags…at least when they reduced the amount of monster they said “dont worry we increased the dropchance of bags”…so the opposite should be possible.

also…the game is a “play as u like” game…i remember me running alone in the maps..and then randomly seeing someone and we were helping out eachother if needed..was really a cool feeling back then….i felt happy seeing another player…now it is “oh no i hope hes not on zerker..otherwise i cant hit any monster”

You’re talking about what is basically an incentive problem.

If we wanted to truly produce quality hardcore content in a perfect world we would completely remove incentives. Some games work like this where you don’t get more or less for doing harder quests but the bragging rights of doing more and more difficult quests. Sadly it’s too late for GW2 and the incentive program is directly tied to rewards.

Much like rats in a lab players play solely for the prize. Overcoming the challenge itself is simply not enough reason to try conent, which sucks, because ironically “play your way” is a mantra that can only be built around that; beating some uber boss with a team in all white gear is a challenge but beating it up in the best gear possible with a little coordination is just farming.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

another simply solution is that you have 28 or so zones that are easy mode, and a couple others that are slightly more difficult and group orientated to give us players choice.

And what exactly does a hard mode zone balance itself to be hard? how does the game work out for an instance of a map the average player skill at that time, player attitude to risk at that time, player alertness at that time, player skill selection at that time, player experience etc etc. Prime example is HOT maps just now, if you spend a little time learning the mobs and making a build that suits your own style then the content becomes trivially easy, yet some people rant about how difficult it is, what to do.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Simple.

Remove timers as a failing mechanic and use it as a reward mechanic.

Example: “beat the boss in 2min or fail” changes to “defeat the boss in 2min and get bonus loot”.

Now people can go into the pve mode however they want and perhaps beat the boss, while more engaged players will think on comp and builds to synergize and beat the encounter for bonus loot.

Or add an optional event that happens during the main that if complete it, or prevent it from failing during the main event, bonus loot.

DeadlyDohnut.7052

Uh… did you even think about what you said before posting this?
lets go backwards:
1 All nodes taken out in normal maps? so in hardmode u want to farm all that copper? to make all those lvl 5 weapons? How are u going to get crafting to 500 for acended gear if you cant craft without nodes? because u need acended gear or exotic gear to play in hard mode and survive. unless you want all casual players to only be able to buy mats on the auction house?

2 Map progression stops at 50%? what if 50% requires half of a vista how do u cut it in half? secondly this stops leveling progression and map completion and world map completion. to have to go back after u finally reach lvl 80 to replay every map again just to get map completion bonus would be stupid. for leving up those map completion bonuses give you tons of exp…this would also leave a random half of the map worthless to explore untill u reach high eneough level to produce high level gear for hard mode.

3 Normal mode should only drop blues at 300% MF…? are you crazy…i think you are. i am a vet player(played since beta) i dont have but around 200% MF and your telling me that i would only get white drops and trash drops in a normal mode map? Blue and green drops are what give luck when salvaged…how the eff can u get to 300% MF if you cant even get any luck drops from salvaging.

My thoughts…tpmn =troll

Hard mode should have the same MF and loot table as normal mode. Normal mode should stay as it is now. There should be hardmode titles. more mobs in hardmode, more difficult mobs, no telegraphs, keep level reduction the same but increase mob hp by 100% , dmg by 50% and respawn rate by 100%. maybe take out all the basic nodes and only have rich nodes scattered through out the map. (yes even rich plants and trees.)

It would be a fun way to group up and loot farm in all maps or to try solo against much harder mobs to actually use dodging and aoe placement skills to survive. all players should have access even if their gear is all blue maybe hardmode is to easy for some and someplayers may want to make a video on how to farm hardmode with blue gear…who knows.

DGraves.3720

Simple.

Example: “beat the boss in 2min or fail” changes to “defeat the boss in 2min and get bonus loot”.

Now people can go into the pve mode however they want and perhaps beat the boss, while more engaged players will think on comp and builds to synergize and beat the encounter for bonus loot.

Or add an optional event that happens during the main that if complete it, or prevent it from failing during the main event, bonus loot.

That creates an even deeper sense of elitism since failing to hit that x minute mark will dictate whether you are worth raiding with or not. It does not revitalize the idea of fun; it just makes a bunch more people seem worse than they really are.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Simple.

How would that make an event harder? o.0 the world bosses are already being completed within 3-4 mins without any need to pay attention.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I’m not sure if Anet has answered this or not but I don’t see why Anet has not made an easy/hard mode for the instanced content of Raids, Dungeons/Fractals & Story.

DGraves.3720

I’m not sure if Anet has answered this or not but I don’t see why Anet has not made an easy/hard mode for the instanced content of Raids, Dungeons/Fractals & Story.

Triple the work. Remember Raids only has 6 people.

DeadlyDohnut.7052

Simple.

i have to agree with the others that have replied to this post. there should be a timelimit it forces coordination and keeps people to do their job quickly. taking an hour to complete the same task to get basically the same reward as the 5 min timer seems utterly dumb.

If you still wanted the reward mechanic then adding a faster time say if the boss requires you to beat it in 5 mins or u fail then that should stay, but if you beat it in 2 mins you get a loot bonus. that i could see as a more challenging and rewarding way to suggest this idea….however this will then create groups of elite players to farm the boss and all the newbies will have to fight with the lesser experts to learn the mechanics and know how to defeat the boss faster.

moony.5780

I dont think hardmode should grant better rewards, the challenge and possibly titles should be the reward. .

I think it should give a better reward..at least the rich noods everywhere..bcs if there are only disadvantages to go to hardmode..only a few people would go there….very much player only play for reward..not for fun.

DeadlyDohnut.7052

-uh story dungeons are easy mode, and the path dungeons are a harder mode

-Fractals increase in dificulty as you go further down the level….so i dont see your point there either.

-Raids are set to hardmode as they are brand new and you already need to be lvl80+ with new content and masteries inorder to use some of the mechanics.

-As for story…there shouldnt be a hard mode…story is the first time play through of that character.

this is why this is a thread about open world hardmode not instance based.

moony.5780

Hard mode should have the same MF and loot table as normal mode. Normal mode should stay as it is now. There should be hardmode titles. more mobs in hardmode, more difficult mobs, no telegraphs, keep level reduction the same but increase mob hp by 100% , dmg by 50% and respawn rate by 100%. maybe take out all the basic nodes and only have rich nodes scattered through out the map. (yes even rich plants and trees.)

It would be a fun way to group up and loot farm in all maps or to try solo against much harder mobs to actually use dodging and aoe placement skills to survive. all players should have access even if their gear is all blue maybe hardmode is to easy for some and someplayers may want to make a video on how to farm hardmode with blue gear…who knows.

Sounds fun !…but the farming again sounds like brainless farming..like chestfarm and such

moony.5780

What also could help maybe…especially with events…that there is a window appearing asking u if the event is too hard, easy or just perfect. Also u could change the difficulty during the event with it…and depending on how the participating player answer..the event get lower, stays or gets more difficult . (since autoscale doesnt really work so good, and some player r able to fight 20 alone..and some only 5)

forexample…there r 3 guys…2 say its good..1 say its too easy..then its will get a lil bit only more difficult.

or another solution would be..keep it autobalance..since the autobalance is ok..it only dont consider hat some player r stronger and some weaker….so the player itself can choose somewhere in options or something that he is strong and can handle 7 and not only 2 monster. so in the wave there will be 7 for him and not only 2 comming.

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i think what youre trying to say is “where is hardmode”. they did it in gw1 and it was a huge success, i can definitely see it being popular here in gw2 as well. all that needs to be done is to modify spawn rates / monster levels and thats pretty much it. more intelligent ai would be nice but would take plenty of work.
on the question of rewards, it wouldnt be that hard to balance imo. like DeadlyDohnut said we could have only rich gathering nodes (randomly placed around the map to decentivize farming), slightly increased chance for exotics/rare mats, a chance for multiple rare sigils/runes, and possibly some hardmode currency for exclusive items.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

DeadlyDohnut.7052

I dont think hardmode should grant better rewards, the challenge and possibly titles should be the reward. .

I think it should give a better reward..at least the rich noods everywhere..bcs if there are only disadvantages to go to hardmode..only a few people would go there….very much player only play for reward..not for fun.

i said this in some other replys in this same thread:

hardmode in open world should stay same loot table, same MF as normal mode. there should be new hardmode titles, there should be only rich nodes on the map, mobs should have 100% more hp, 50% more dps, 100% faster respawn time. there should be large groups of mobs that spawn and fight together. completely remove telegraphs. and add more attack variations for mobs.

the shear number of mobs means there will be alot more loot dropping than in normal mode. you dont need better loot in a lvl1-10 map in hard mode u need more chances to get better loot on a drop. so if you only have a 1% chance on drop to get a yellow, and it takes you 30 secs inbetween killing a mob to find another one, then it would be alot faster to go through 100 mobs in hardmode with a group then to kill 100 mobs solo in normal mode.

this game is group oriented. yes you can play solo but this game is about community if you want a challenging solo only game go check out a non mmorpg. theres supposed to be the fun factor of meeting up with another random person who has the same goals as u and then team up and defeat the enemies. but to through that out because a zerker has more dps then a healer druid or guardian and complain that they kill it too fast seems out of place. they recently added that healers or buffers get just as much exp as the zerkers and heavy dps tankers as their job is to stay away from close combat and heal everyone.

each character has traits and respecing is needed so if u play a less dps build then switch to a high dps build for your character then those zerkers will be just like you.

anyway if you want a challege you shouldnt have to require more loot to do a challenge it should be an option. someppl might not like to do hard mode but if its the only way to get that precursor then they will have to play part of the game they hate playing to get it and that i think is stupid. the new legendary mastery fixed this anyway. it should be about brag rights and titles to back them up.

DGraves.3720

The only real true solution to this is to terminate gear tiers.

moony.5780

i said this in some other replys in this same thread:

hardmode in open world should stay same loot table, same MF as normal mode. there should be new hardmode titles, there should be only rich nodes on the map, mobs should have 100% more hp, 50% more dps, 100% faster respawn time. there should be large groups of mobs that spawn and fight together. completely remove telegraphs. and add more attack variations for mobs.

the shear number of mobs means there will be alot more loot dropping than in normal mode. you dont need better loot in a lvl1-10 map in hard mode u need more chances to get better loot on a drop. so if you only have a 1% chance on drop to get a yellow, and it takes you 30 secs inbetween killing a mob to find another one, then it would be alot faster to go through 100 mobs in hardmode with a group then to kill 100 mobs solo in normal mode.

this game is group oriented. yes you can play solo but this game is about community if you want a challenging solo only game go check out a non mmorpg. theres supposed to be the fun factor of meeting up with another random person who has the same goals as u and then team up and defeat the enemies. but to through that out because a zerker has more dps then a healer druid or guardian and complain that they kill it too fast seems out of place. they recently added that healers or buffers get just as much exp as the zerkers and heavy dps tankers as their job is to stay away from close combat and heal everyone.

each character has traits and respecing is needed so if u play a less dps build then switch to a high dps build for your character then those zerkers will be just like you.

anyway if you want a challege you shouldnt have to require more loot to do a challenge it should be an option. someppl might not like to do hard mode but if its the only way to get that precursor then they will have to play part of the game they hate playing to get it and that i think is stupid. the new legendary mastery fixed this anyway. it should be about brag rights and titles to back them up.

ok u r right with the loot…wasnt thinking about it this way..u really save some time finding a monster.

But what i meant by zerker taking everything is something else…..i often happen that there r 5 zerker or attacker…1 of them knows the event very good and knows where the monster spwan..he go directly there..and kill all in 1 shot before the others could get there…also bcs he kills them from far there is nothing to heal….usually there r player so crazy and scared about the loot..that they place million of aoe in the spawn..so if few player dont know the spawn..or r 1 second too late..there is no loot for them..bcs the monster really just melt in the aoe and there is really nothing to heal. (in HoT maybe not..but thats in central Tyria)

and bcs im one of them who knows the spawn..and i sometimes run there without thinking..i ruin the game for others…and i feel bad bcs its unfair..i already started to use non power build now XD

(edited by moony.5780)