Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

which 1 you prefer to see next?
http://goo.gl/YM8of7

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Honestly I would rather see nether, at least not just yet.

For me Cantha was boring with the Jade Sea being my only favorite area and Elona was just all around boring.

There is so much of Tyria we haven’t seen yet that Gw1 and GW2 hasn’t been in yet.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Where is Centha anyway?

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I’d rather explore the areas of the Tyrian continent we never went to in GW1 or 2, or one of the other continents we haven’t been to yet.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: GreenZap.1352

GreenZap.1352

Elona!

While I enjoyed both Factions and Eye of the North, Nightfall was my favorite expacs hands down because of the African influences, Varesh Ossa as a villain and two great and fun classes.

I played Prophecies a lot so it’s not that I had anything against it. I just didn’t feel that the game were at it’s strong point because the humans were your average typical “european white humans” we’ve seen in fantasy games for over 20 years already.

Nightfall were unique because it went away from the stereotypical “white european” and “asian” fantasy tropes and added very interesting diversity to the Guild Wars series because of it’s african inspired cultures that were not explored in other fantasy games at the time and to this day still are not very common.

If there is anything I’d complain about with Guild Wars 2 is that ANET went backwards in the progression of the game.
While Guild Wars 2 easily is my favorite MMORPG I can’t help but complain a bit over that the game lost some of the uniqueness it got from Nighfall.

I’d love to see ANET work on both a minor Elona and Cantha “cameo” because we have already explored Krytan humans and Norns in two individual games before Guild Wars 2.

If that’s too much to ask then I’d at least would want to see Elonan influences implemented into Guild Wars 2. Could be as “easy” as to add hairstyles such as; adreadslocks, cornrows, corkscrew curls, afros and senegalean twist braids for both human females and males.

Putting in some features into Guild Wars 2 that display the diversity we had in this game series that once were not all about “white” stereotypical medieval fantasy tropes.

Zayn Al’Sabaan
Elonian sword-dancer, poet and bard
Greatsword Chronomancer

(edited by GreenZap.1352)

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Jonii.6285

Jonii.6285

Probably Cantha. I loved the Elonian people and cultures and all the cool stuff with the Realm of Torment and the more secret history of the Six. However, the Six are gone and the land itself in Cantha was so much more interesting. Plus, the Kurzicks and Luxons were extremely cool. I got really tired of “desert” and “grassier desert” really fast in Elona. The packed cities and Petrified Forest and the Jade Sea were far more interesting to explore. Plus Cantha could mean Tengu. It’d be as easy as a big political move or magical catastrophe plus Bubbles moving further south for Tengu to migrate and establish a city.

I’d enjoy seeing a Tengu city under construction in an expansion, watching it get built into a full-blown one through Living Story after.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Aither.2859

Aither.2859

Did a poll on Cantha vs Elona and didn’t even spell Cantha right. Aside from that I would prefer Elona. Cantha while enjoyable and it would be great to be monks again it would still be better to go back to Elona.

Not only was the story more enjoyable in Elona but just the environment and characters were all deeper and made it more intriguing to get into. The dungeon’s were also amazing in Nightfall, so much better than anything we’ve gotten thus far. Also it would be amazing to get the Dervish back.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Cantha. For sure.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I can’t get past the fact that it is spelled Centha even in the poll. I still voted for Centha, though. However, I’d like to see all of Tyria long before that.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Underworld,
Fissure of Woe,
and Domain of Anguish (just that)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Elona. I loved Factions, but the place I felt most “at home” in was Vabbi, in Elona.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

Out of the 2 I would pick Cantha, it was one of my all time favourite places in a game. However I do not want to see either of them yet. We stilll have 5 dragons to deal with and huge areas of Tyria still locked off. Do I want to see Cantha and Elona? Of course but just not yet.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

Cantha!!

(I’m not basing my opinion on quality of gameplay from GW1, but rather the setting that I would like to visit again in a GW2 environment.)

Personally, I have an interest in Asian culture, language, and architecture, so hands-down my vote goes to Cantha. I thought the idea of the Jade Sea was pretty awesome, Raisu Palace was very impressive, and I liked the peacefulness of Shing Jea. Oh, and the BGM. That was some good stuff right there. Besides, Asia and dragons go hand-in-hand with each other.

Elona is a nice place as well, and there were some pretty well-designed places like Gandara Fortress and the city of Vabbi. But it was very… sandy. Like, everywhere.

However, there is still so much of Tyria that we have yet to see! I look forward to adventuring in the Maguuma Jungle and perhaps the Crystal Desert too.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

(edited by Kross.6428)

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

The big problem with going back to Cantha is first Anet has to to find a way to get China and South Korea to get along and not have them lose their crap if they mix culture styles like they did in the Cantha District in Divinity’s Reach.

If not Anet will just say “Sorry we can’t go back to Cantha since it’s just a giant hole in the ground”.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

“centha”, lol.
/15chars

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Gotta love how rigged that voting poll is.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I prefer we visit the rest of Tyria first

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Should have been Elona in the first place. :/

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Elona for sure.

Diverse cultures as mentioned above. Beautiful and terrifying areas. Nice challenges. Good ties to the Prophecies Crystal Desert storyline.

I just don’t like Cantha. Shing Jea island is OK, and the Jade Sea and parts of Echovald looked nice. The city was ugly, difficult to navigate, annoying to fight through, and I’d rather dismantle the empire than help those incompetent bureaucrats or deal with gang “politics”. The Kuzicks and Luxons are a bunch of squabbling babies. At least the core Shiro storyline was good.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Cantha for sure. The Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea were easily among the best looking environments in Guild Wars 1, and I would love to explore them again. Everything in Nightfall was just desert, desert, and more desert – well, except for the Realm of Torment, which was a dark, twisted desert.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: triggerhappy.3871

triggerhappy.3871

Cantha +1.
Too much sand in Elona.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i want cantha but with their “it’s not possible because of political issues” i settle for elona.
then again, i rather them opening the tengu area first so tyria is really opening up.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d personally prefer a place we haven’t been to. But if I had to choose between Cantha and Elona, I’d go with Elona. I really enjoyed parts of Cantha (Echovald Forest was beautiful, and the Jade Sea was really cool), but I enjoyed Elona a lot more, for some reason.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Hated Cantha as a PvEer. Might be fine for PvP tastes, but I didn’t like it.

• Way too dark. Could hardly see my hard-earned armor most of the time.
  • Split story made it a pain to see both sides of the story and get equipment from both sides.
  • Ugly land for the most part, especially Kaineng City.
  • Booooooring music.

Of course this is personal taste stuff mostly. But it would give the edge to Elona as far as I’m concerned. But I’m in favor of any new lands opening up as long as they aren’t too hard to navigate. (Not fond of all the jumping required in Dry Top, or all the running required in Silverwastes due to lack of waypoints.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: colanah.2039

colanah.2039

Elona primarily because there might be less delays and issues from the Chinese market of Anet’s game releases. Don’t imagine there would be, only that the devs would wish to ensure there weren’t any offending content whereas we can hope there’d not be as much to filter for Elon?

GW2 Goals: Perma Hair Style Contract for RP!
[HC] House Corvidae – Leader
[CVIK] Ossan Elonian Guild – Co Lead

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ring of fire for me. I want to fight those 3 headed hydra again
More of the norther shiverpeaks. I miss being able to walk into the Hall of monuments

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

I’ll take Isle of Janthir over Cantha, Centha, or Elona. Someplace new would be nice.

Centha VS Elona [Poll]

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

If you didn’t pick ‘Maguuma Jungle’, you’re SOL on into the foreseeable future.

:P

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.