Chak ARE more powerful than elder dragons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Anet, why is it that the Tangled Depths Meta is harder than the final map with a DRAGON?

Perhaps Chak should be attempting world domination because right now, they’re doing a pretty good job at making us fail every single TD Meta.

I’ve now been in over 30 attempts, most of which claimed to be ‘organised’, but ALL failed. I’ve been in multiple DS Metas, and succeeded in them. This should be the other way around.

Whoever it was that decided the health pools of the 4 Legendary Chak needs to be fired in my opinion. The 3rd map should NOT be harder than the last.

Solution:

Decrease legendary Chak Gerent health by 5-10%.

Now you can link me all the vials of salt and say how much I just need to try more, or that we asked for hard content and what’s my problem – hard content is what RAIDS is for, not this map’s meta. Furthermore, I will simply ignore any illogical/troll comments. 30 attempts, mostly ‘organised’ that have failed, says I have tried, and tried, and tried again, I haven’t just joined ‘pug’ groups, and there is seriously something wrong with this. A little decrease in Chak health is all I’m asking Anet.

Right now, Chak are more powerful than Elder Dragons.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

breakbar needs to be fixed, scaling needs to be reworked drastically, and hp/armor needs to be reduced a little or inc the damage timer. I thought the same thing about how ridiculous it looks that killing this ugly bug is harder then killing an elder dragon in its own map….I just want to finish td meta once so I can do the achieves and be done with it.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

OP mortar is OP

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

And their acid can insta down you (even with the Nuhoch mastery).

Chak = master race.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I came in here expecting an unreasonable change, but a 5% reduction to max HP wouldn’t be too bad. At least on SCAR lane.

I run chak gerent regularly. Sometimes the lane I command succeeds. Sometimes the event succeeds. But each failure is on the margin: you’d be amazed how frequent it is that it requires one more nodule to emerge the gerent, or how SCAR lane needed 1% more damage. Those are the only two parts that fail.

The words “organized” are nigh meaningless. The only thing they imply is that someone has been trying to taxi others in for awhile. The hardest part about the event is getting everybody on the same page. If you do that,, I’m fairly confident the event will succeed. But boy is that hard. The average pug is insufferable in the strangest of ways:

1)They’ll only taxi in 5 minutes before the event begins then go AFK
2) They’ll refuse to listen to explanations then complain that they don’t know what to do.
3)They’ll fight you on the strategy and purposefully CC the boss because “it makes them vulnerable”.
4)They’ll run around in circles because they aren’t sure what their squad is supposed to do, no matter how much you explain.
5)They’ll join the event in masterwork gear and no masteries.
6)They’ll refuse to join squads, speak up if they have questions, or cooperate.
7) They’ll run around in full knight gear with all defensive specializations because “HoT is hard”.
8)They don’t understand what soft CC is.
9)They don’t have WPs on the map so they’ll just lie there dead.
10) A blast finisher? What’s that?
11) They’ll ignore that there’s a meta going on and try to do hero points on the same map.
12) They’ll complain about explanations and proudly boast in Map Chat that they are turning off Map Chat.
13) They’ll only try the event once and never again, ensuring that there’s a steady stream of completely new people and no experienced players.
14) They don’t have the attention span to start events early to get full rewards, then complain that rewards suck.
15) They’ll refuse to eat food, even if you put a feast right in their face.
16)They’ll join random squads and refuse to spread out.
17)They’ll enter the map expecting to be carried, no matter how many times the event has failed.
18)Dodge? What does that do?

And so on. Its like herding cats. I think the high success of guild runs is because a guild is mostly full of people on the same page. To that end, I’m not sure the event is overtuned as much as it is the community is not competent enough to do it yet.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Zaoda.1653

I came in here expecting an unreasonable change, but a 5% reduction to max HP wouldn’t be too bad. At least on SCAR lane.

I run chak gerent regularly. Sometimes the lane I command succeeds. Sometimes the event succeeds. But each failure is on the margin: you’d be amazed how frequent it is that it requires one more nodule to emerge the gerent, or how SCAR lane needed 1% more damage. Those are the only two parts that fail.

The words “organized” are nigh meaningless. The only thing they imply is that someone has been trying to taxi others in for awhile. The hardest part about the event is getting everybody on the same page. If you do that,, I’m fairly confident the event will succeed. But boy is that hard. The average pug is insufferable in the strangest of ways:

1)They’ll only taxi in 5 minutes before the event begins then go AFK
2) They’ll refuse to listen to explanations then complain that they don’t know what to do.
3)They’ll fight you on the strategy and purposefully CC the boss because “it makes them vulnerable”.
4)They’ll run around in circles because they aren’t sure what their squad is supposed to do, no matter how much you explain.
5)They’ll join the event in masterwork gear and no masteries.
6)They’ll refuse to join squads, speak up if they have questions, or cooperate.
7) They’ll run around in full knight gear with all defensive specializations because “HoT is hard”.
8)They don’t understand what soft CC is.
9)They don’t have WPs on the map so they’ll just lie there dead.
10) A blast finisher? What’s that?
11) They’ll ignore that there’s a meta going on and try to do hero points on the same map.
12) They’ll complain about explanations and proudly boast in Map Chat that they are turning off Map Chat.
13) They’ll only try the event once and never again, ensuring that there’s a steady stream of completely new people and no experienced players.
14) They don’t have the attention span to start events early to get full rewards, then complain that rewards suck.
15) They’ll refuse to eat food, even if you put a feast right in their face.
16)They’ll join random squads and refuse to spread out.
17)They’ll enter the map expecting to be carried, no matter how many times the event has failed.
18)Dodge? What does that do?

And so on. Its like herding cats. I think the high success of guild runs is because a guild is mostly full of people on the same page. To that end, I’m not sure the event is overtuned as much as it is the community is not competent enough to do it yet.

Yeah I think all the points you mentioned are valid. For as much as there are those times when you CAN get everyone on the same page, there’s still many, many times that, despite all the team work and prep, the attempt fails by the very slimmest of margins. I think a reduction of 5% max health from all 4 Legendary Chak would go a very long way.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

If anything, I’d recommend it for SCAR lane only. That’s the lane that is most prone to DPS failure. It is because the thumper automatically breaks Gerent’s bar, making the standard tactic no-cc max DPS quite a bit harder.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Eh…

Completed it last night with a pug group. Little to no real organizing was done outside of people tagging up, taxi’s happening and numbers being placed where needed.

The “no CC” strat while valid, is also not the only way to complete the meta. It is possible to do while CC’ing as that was going on in lanes last night.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But are Chak stronger than Karka? If Ancient Karka was still around and there was no Lava to stop it… would it ever be stopped?

With how strong crustaceans are in GW2, I wonder if the Water Dragon is actually a giant crab dragon and more powerful than we could imagine.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

Wait a sec, what is so bad about using knight gear?

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Probably that it’s not Berserker or Assassin, because apparently, that’s the only way to play the game, didn’t you know?

I use Knight’s on my Ele, actually. HoT isn’t hard, but Ele is way too squishy for me to be comfortable in Berserker gear with it.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Probably that it’s not Berserker or Assassin, because apparently, that’s the only way to play the game, didn’t you know?

I use Knight’s on my Ele, actually. HoT isn’t hard, but Ele is way too squishy for me to be comfortable in Berserker gear with it.

? What a **** comment.

Maybe because Knights is absolutely not needed in HoT (go celestial on Ele), especially when the main limiting factor is damage.

You can run Knights on any content where you want to spend more time than necessary or you lack the player skill for useful gear. Timegated content is a different story. Learn to play or at least use something that resembles damage gear. As is, there is NO content in game that requires Knights (aside from some WvW bunker builds). Even raid tanks only take as mich toughness as absolutely necessary to hold agro (400-500 over 1,000 base usually for a total of about 1,500).

It’s not the players fault that arenanet balanced the events around everyone running maximum damage. I don’t even want to imagine an entire group running full knights on TD scar lane. Have fun never succeeding. Wearing knights on this map is effectively leeching off of other players contribution.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: kult.3465

kult.3465

? What a **** comment.

Maybe because Knights is absolutely not needed in HoT (go celestial on Ele), especially when the main limiting factor is damage.

You can run Knights on any content where you want to spend more time than necessary or you lack the player skill for useful gear. Timegated content is a different story. Learn to play or at least use something that resembles damage gear. As is, there is NO content in game that requires Knights (aside from some WvW bunker builds). Even raid tanks only take as mich toughness as absolutely necessary to hold agro (400-500 over 1,000 base usually for a total of about 1,500).

It’s not the players fault that arenanet balanced the events around everyone running maximum damage. I don’t even want to imagine an entire group running full knights on TD scar lane. Have fun never succeeding. Wearing knights on this map is effectively leeching off of other players contribution.

False, difficulty is a subjective matter. HoT is a difficult to me. It’s the people in paper towel gear that I rez all the time while I wear my Knights gear.

Cyninja.2954

? What a **** comment.

False, difficulty is a subjective matter. HoT is a difficult to me. It’s the people in paper towel gear that I rez all the time while I wear my Knights gear.

It’s not false difficutly when an event is balanced around maximum damage. most organised TD maps specifically ask for not only food and utility consumables but also Ogre pet whistles (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ogre_Pet_Whistle) and Fire elemental powder (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_Elemental_Powder) specifically because of the high damage cap. That alone should make you think.

Also don’t bring the old tried and true “I rez all them full zerker damage n00bs in my mighty knights gear” excuse. You should not be ressurecting in the first place during events unless someone is downed. That’s what waypoints and running is for and event scaling.

It’s simple, for timed events on at this level:

- full knights means you are useless from the start
- full damage gear means you might be useful, but could end up useless if you can’t find your basic dodge button

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It is worse than that. The problem with knight gear is that it scales everything in the worst way possible. It goes off of toughness, which is the most inefficient defensive stat, and has power/precision as its secondary stats but the precision barely makes up for the loss of power being a primary stat. Overall it ends up as having the same offensive power as Soldiers, but a fraction of the effective HP, and no defense against condis. I maintain that Knight is one of the worst gearsets in the game. You’re almost always better off with anything else.

The implication here isn’t necessarily the gear set. It is the mindset that active defenses and counter-burst don’t exist. When I watch pugs play in this game, they violently wiggle in place while auto attacking, ultimately doing almost no damage while avoiding no damage. I always wonder what it is the randoms think when, while fighting an enemy for 10 seconds, they see someone else come along and slaughter an adjacent enemy in two attacks. But alas, these post NPE players are used to a game where you can walk around naked auto attacking things and win. HoT comes around, and suddenly everything is terrible. This frightened mindset is what prevents a lot of players from performing well: they’re spending their time so frightened of big, scary attacks from mordrem they don’t realize you can literally walk out of the way and take very little damage.

The Chak Gerent meta has two features about it: #1 is that it is a DPS race, and a relatively tight one at that. #2 is that many of the Gerents attacks hit so hard that it’ll plow right through 1k extra toughness anyway. The end result being you cut offensive power to invest in stats that see no returns in play. Because of this, you’ll almost always want to go high damage in the event.

If you want more durability, I’d first suggest changing traits and utilities around. Gear is expensive, but changing traits/utilities is free. But if that isn’t enough, I’d suggest Marauder gear. On low HP classes it gives 50% more durability but sacrifices only 8% power. Unlike knights gear, which sacrifices 31% power for 67% greater durability. If you can’t afford Marauder, then hybridized gear of GC with… well, anything but knight works pretty well, too. Or if you want to go the condi route, Trailblazer is surprisingly tanky for how much long-term damage it can do.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

If anything, I’d recommend it for SCAR lane only. That’s the lane that is most prone to DPS failure. It is because the thumper automatically breaks Gerent’s bar, making the standard tactic no-cc max DPS quite a bit harder.

That’s because people do not listen, go melee and die. I had this great cmd asking for ranged DPS only in SCAR lane for almost 2 hours. We finished with 5 min left, and ogres 3 min later.

Attachments:

(edited by FLiP.7680)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The sooner Anet guts this terrible meta to bring it in line with the other three, the better.

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

? What a **** comment.

Translation: “You’re bad because you don’t play the same why I do!!11!1!!!” -foams at the mouth-

Just the kind of comment I was expecting. People like you are toxic to MMO gaming. You think anyone who doesn’t play like you is bad or leeching. It’s rather pathetic. It’s a good thing I don’t care about other people’s opinions. Don’t like the way I play? Tough kitten. I’m not changing for you, or anyone else. Get over it

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

It is worse than that. The problem with knight gear is that it scales everything in the worst way possible. It goes off of toughness, which is the most inefficient defensive stat, and has power/precision as its secondary stats but the precision barely makes up for the loss of power being a primary stat. Overall it ends up as having the same offensive power as Soldiers, but a fraction of the effective HP, and no defense against condis. I maintain that Knight is one of the worst gearsets in the game. You’re almost always better off with anything else.

The implication here isn’t necessarily the gear set. It is the mindset that active defenses and counter-burst don’t exist. When I watch pugs play in this game, they violently wiggle in place while auto attacking, ultimately doing almost no damage while avoiding no damage. I always wonder what it is the randoms think when, while fighting an enemy for 10 seconds, they see someone else come along and slaughter an adjacent enemy in two attacks. But alas, these post NPE players are used to a game where you can walk around naked auto attacking things and win. HoT comes around, and suddenly everything is terrible. This frightened mindset is what prevents a lot of players from performing well: they’re spending their time so frightened of big, scary attacks from mordrem they don’t realize you can literally walk out of the way and take very little damage.

The Chak Gerent meta has two features about it: #1 is that it is a DPS race, and a relatively tight one at that. #2 is that many of the Gerents attacks hit so hard that it’ll plow right through 1k extra toughness anyway. The end result being you cut offensive power to invest in stats that see no returns in play. Because of this, you’ll almost always want to go high damage in the event.

If you want more durability, I’d first suggest changing traits and utilities around. Gear is expensive, but changing traits/utilities is free. But if that isn’t enough, I’d suggest Marauder gear. On low HP classes it gives 50% more durability but sacrifices only 8% power. Unlike knights gear, which sacrifices 31% power for 67% greater durability. If you can’t afford Marauder, then hybridized gear of GC with… well, anything but knight works pretty well, too. Or if you want to go the condi route, Trailblazer is surprisingly tanky for how much long-term damage it can do.

You speak as if everyone in Knight’s gear tries to facetank bosses and kitten. That’;s not the case. I’m actively avoiding attacks all the time. Knight’s gear gives me some leeway in case I kitten up, because let’s face it, people are going to mess up. I play zerk/assassin/sinister or rampager on all my other classes. But I’m uncomfortable as a zerker Ele, because it feels too fragile to me. So I picked up knight’s. Skill, not gear, is the deciding factor. Being dead severely lowers one’s DPS.

But kudos to you for making suggestions, politely, instead of throwing a temper tantrum fit for a queen.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

That’s because people do not listen, go melee and die. I had this great cmd asking for ranged DPS only in SCAR lane for almost 2 hours. We finished with 5 min left, and ogres 3 min later.

I was in that Meta run with Qsi [TDMS] commanding on SCAR, he did an outstanding job of organizing the lane. We got our kill on only the 2nd burn phase as did Nuhoch. Ogre finished during thier 3rd phase with several minutes left on the event time.

It was a great run run by [TDMS] guild.

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

If I had a gold piece for every time someone used the word ‘meta’ on these forums I could buy every legendary off the tp with ease.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

You speak as if everyone in Knight’s gear tries to facetank bosses and kitten. That’;s not the case. I’m actively avoiding attacks all the time. Knight’s gear gives me some leeway in case I kitten up, because let’s face it, people are going to mess up. I play zerk/assassin/sinister or rampager on all my other classes. But I’m uncomfortable as a zerker Ele, because it feels too fragile to me. So I picked up knight’s. Skill, not gear, is the deciding factor. Being dead severely lowers one’s DPS.

But kudos to you for making suggestions, politely, instead of throwing a temper tantrum fit for a queen.

Don’t think of it as an individual. Think of it as a group effort: having higher overall DPS buys more leeway for the group as a whole. The more you push your DPS, the more mistakes other members of your team are allowed to make. In a 20 man group, 30% higher DPS on everyone is equivalent to having 6 extra non-scaling players. That is roughly equal to if a quarter of your squad dies and never comes back.

The thing with player skill is that it varies wildly. DPS is a harder limit. Cutting down on damage for a smoother performance takes away from peak. Take away too much, and you’ll end up in situation where you can’t win, instead of being less likely to win. The better you are at the game, the less you need to cut down.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Solution, get rid of reflect, or change reflect so it’s a more balanced effect. Players have been cheesing events with reflect for ages and some mobs like chak champs are crazy stupid with their reflect spam.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Chak = Spawn of Cthulhu.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Cyninja.2954

If by tempertantrum you mean pointing out that full knights on every person would likely fail the event the way it’s designed at the moment, while at the same time not providing a major benefit due to toughness scaling, sure call me a tantrum queen.

snip

Translation: “You’re bad because you don’t play the same why I do!!11!1!!!” -foams at the mouth-

Just the kind of comment I was expecting. People like you are toxic to MMO gaming. You think anyone who doesn’t play like you is bad or leeching. It’s rather pathetic. It’s a good thing I don’t care about other people’s opinions. Don’t like the way I play? Tough kitten. I’m not changing for you, or anyone else. Get over it

What does telling you that you are on a path of no success have to do with telling you how to play the game?

That’s like complaining about someone telling you that if you never attack an enemy, they’ll never die, unless someone else kills them for you. Which essentiall is exactly what happens when you walk around in knights gear in timed events. Others have to make up for your lack of damage and the event scaling up.

Even if players die with full damage gear, if they imediately waypoint and walk back the scaling will take care of the rest. On top of which, knights does not provide the amount of defense to be worth it while also being a severe damage loss.

All the while you basically screw 20-25 other people out of a reward if the event fails.

Again, I could care less what you do while solo, but when you start wasting other peoples time or actively make stuff harder for fellow players, I’m not interested in excuses.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Anet, why is it that the Tangled Depths Meta is harder than the final map with a DRAGON?

It’s not, IMO.

Gerent dies in 2 rounds, easily.

Once you find an organized guild/map, Gerent is a speedbump with a long (AFK) set-up.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

? What a **** comment.

Agreed, I’ve been in several SUCCESSFUL TD where the majority people are using whatever they see fit.

Cyninja.2954

? What a **** comment.

Agreed, I’ve been in several SUCCESSFUL TD where the majority people are using whatever they see fit.

And you wound know this how? By asking everyone nicely?

The popular opinion of TD being the hardest new meta map and current requirements for 100% success beg to differ.

Zaoda.1653

I was finally able to get a win yesterday. Was extremely close though :-/ I still stand by the -5% health for all 4 Legendary Chak suggestion. It shouldn’t be harder than the final map, but still hard enough to be a challenge of coordination and team work.

reapex.8546

? What a **** comment.

The popular opinion of TD being the hardest new meta map and current requirements for 100% success beg to differ.

And you would know the opposite, how?

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Honestly, the TD meta isn’t so hard that it CAN’T be completed, and it satisfies the need for a “difficult” meta event. DS needs to be easier (and imo it’s easier than the other three HoT meta’s) because of the tie in’s with the story. Anet wants people to complete DS because it’s the “other side of the coin” concerning the fall of mordremoth. TD is independent (tied in to the pact advancement to DS, but not touched on during the story) and doesn’t need the same accessibility philosophy, thus giving it the opportunity to function as “the most difficult meta”. The DS meta focuses on accessibility while the TD meta focuses on exclusivity. This is why the TD meta can be more difficult than the DS meta and why it should stay that way.

Cyninja.2954

? What a **** comment.

?

What’s the primary topic of this thread you are posting in?

Want me to go through the last couple of days worth of forum posts dealing with TD meta?

On top of which I’ve already said what organised groups expect and ask for in teamspeak which clearly shows a bias towards high end scale damage needed to complete the event…

Are you even serious?

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

Imagine if the portal to Dragon’s Stand would only appear if the TD meta succeeded. I mean it says they are trying to open kitten to get inside Dragon’s Stand. Now imagine if that was true about 90% of the gw population would have never set foot on Dragon’s stand by now :P.

edit: lol since when is the word 1 hole a curse word and transforms into a kitten XD 1 stands for the letter “a” btw

But seriously the only reason this map has the “hardest” boss is because it has a much higher failure rate. Around x4 more just because it is divided into 4 events that have to be completed all. From my experience it fails either because

1)Nuhoch doesnt stomp enough to make the Chak emerge
2)Nuhoch does a great job and kills Gerent, SCAR loses with 1% hp when all other lanes got the kill

A few minutes ago i was instructing SCAR lane and we got the Gerent down to 55% on the first phase. But Nuhoch failed to make the Gerent come out so we lost. So whenever SCAR does good Nuhoch fails and whenever SCAR fails for 1% Nuhoch succees. The other 2 lanes are a joke

reapex.8546

? What a **** comment.

?

Are you even serious?

Nice strawman argument, was talking about your post about their being only one way to beat TD meta. If you don’t want to answer how you know this, that’s fine.

Cyninja.2954

? What a **** comment.

?

Are you even serious?

Nice strawman argument, was talking about your post about their being only one way to beat TD meta. If you don’t want to answer how you know this, that’s fine.

There is only 1 way to beat the TD meta, and it requires an absurd amount of group damage.

You still ahven’t answered how this would be possible with everyone running waht ever they like.

My argument is supported by the close nature of the event, and the very specific demand for as much damage as possible consumables in organised maps.

Your argument is supported by:“You said so.” Not a very strong foot to stand on.

reapex.8546

? What a **** comment.

?

Are you even serious?

There is only 1 way to beat the TD meta, and it requires an absurd amount of group damage.

You still ahven’t answered how this would be possible with everyone running waht ever they like.

My argument is supported by the close nature of the event, and the very specific demand for as much damage as possible consumables in organised maps.

Your argument is supported by:“You said so.” Not a very strong foot to stand on.

Your argument is supported by: “You said so.” which isn’t relevant at all.
My argument is supported by people stating what they did not have and not even having food buffs. We were able to do TD King of the Jungle just fine because we were organized. We had to do 3 phases of DPS on the Chak Geruent instead of 2 but it turned out just fine. Your DPS optimal experience is not universal to all of King of the Jungle wins.

(edited by reapex.8546)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

? What a **** comment.

No, translation is: “you are bad because you do not play the game as it is”. You can bemoan that, you can bemoan someone does not have the meagre skill needed to survive on active defenses, but you cannot come up with that mickey mouse claim of “play how you want”. Or you can even do that, but don´t expect other players being happy about you sabotaging group activities and don´t complain being rejected from groups.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

You know if you click on the people in you squad after a failed attempted you will notice that half of the players do not use food. Some are using farming food. Food add 5-10% dps, if half of the raid does not use food that’s 3-5% of Gerents HP. Still I am curious why players in HoT are not using foods. Food increases your experience gain for faster mastery leveling? The event is as complicated as Tarir it is just on a map that no one likes.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Perhaps Chak should be attempting world domination because right now, they’re doing a pretty good job at making us fail every single TD Meta.

I’ve now been in over 30 attempts, most of which claimed to be ‘organised’, but ALL failed. I’ve been in multiple DS Metas, and succeeded in them. This should be the other way around.

Whoever it was that decided the health pools of the 4 Legendary Chak needs to be fired in my opinion. The 3rd map should NOT be harder than the last.

Solution:

Decrease legendary Chak Gerent health by 5-10%.

Now you can link me all the vials of salt and say how much I just need to try more, or that we asked for hard content and what’s my problem – hard content is what RAIDS is for, not this map’s meta. Furthermore, I will simply ignore any illogical/troll comments. 30 attempts, mostly ‘organised’ that have failed, says I have tried, and tried, and tried again, I haven’t just joined ‘pug’ groups, and there is seriously something wrong with this. A little decrease in Chak health is all I’m asking Anet.

Right now, Chak are more powerful than Elder Dragons.

Tbh, all they need to do is fix one thing:

Make Chak Gerent stop for awhile and take bonus damage for the duration when the Break Bar is broken.

This should solve all the TD Meta problem.

At the minimum, if Anet refuses to do this type of change, at least REMOVE SCAR’s cannon entirely.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

At the minimum, if Anet refuses to do this type of change, at least REMOVE SCAR’s cannon entirely.

Or just change the scar lanes thumper turret to something meaningful like

.5% damage per tick of thumper turret to Gerent (per stage reached).

Either way, it’s kinda not that big a deal atm. I’ve been noticing more attempts and victories since nuhoch lane had its bug fixes go live.

Cyninja.2954

? What a **** comment.

?

Are you even serious?

Your argument is supported by: “You said so.” which isn’t relevant at all.
My argument is supported by people stating what they did not have and not even having food buffs. We were able to do TD King of the Jungle just fine because we were organized. We had to do 3 phases of DPS on the Chak Geruent instead of 2 but it turned out just fine. Your DPS optimal experience is not universal to all of King of the Jungle wins.

We are exchanging arguments in a thread where the predominant belief is that TD is the hardest meta out there (besides TT).

Multiple comments have dealt with how SCAR lane or Nuhoch lane keep failing with low % or no chance at all.

Yes, I’m the one deluded.

The fact is this:

- TD requires a lot of damage (especially SCAR and Nuhoch lane)
- you can’t know what every person of your squad was running. All you can do is assume and extrapolate based on what select members have said. You even have no idea how many people were in full ascended or in exotics and rares (yes, some new players aren’t full decked out in exotics)
- their certainly is leeway in how much damage everyone brings, but suffice to say, with such close events anyone bringing stats that are NOT NEEDED will be hurting the success rate

You base your argument on that 1 kill you had. I’ve been running this map multiple times with organized groups and have defended every lane (even commanded Rata Sum myself). If you want to misslead people into believing that they can slack off, fine. I’m done arguing in circles with such stupidity.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

If you want to misslead people into believing that they can slack off, fine. I’m done arguing in circles with such stupidity.

But you know, most adults are playing video games to slack off and relax after a hard working day. They don’t give a rat about your l33t skills.

If you want to prove yourself, you know, you could still participate in pvp leagues instead of insulting players here.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Zerg if a good player: Dying often = less damage

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Cyninja.2954

If you want to misslead people into believing that they can slack off, fine. I’m done arguing in circles with such stupidity.

But you know, most adults are playing video games to slack off and relax after a hard working day. They don’t give a rat about your l33t skills.

If you want to prove yourself, you know, you could still participate in pvp leagues instead of insulting players here.

And we can disscuss reducing the difficulty of the event. But as it stands right now, the event is challenging enough.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I don’t know how anyone can stand playing in knights or soldiers gear. Twice as long to kill world mobs, eww.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I don’t know how anyone can stand playing in knights or soldiers gear. Twice as long to kill world mobs, eww.

In fact toughness does very little in HoT.

I find my Warrior having more trouble wearing Knight mix with zerk than wearing full zerk and kill things quickly.

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

? What a **** comment.

No, translation is: “you are bad because you do not play the game as it is”. You can bemoan that, you can bemoan someone does not have the meagre skill needed to survive on active defenses, but you cannot come up with that mickey mouse claim of “play how you want”. Or you can even do that, but don´t expect other players being happy about you sabotaging group activities and don´t complain being rejected from

This is funny. Responses like these are almost worth posting on the forums for. First of all, I never get rejected from groups, because I actively avoid people like you, who treat video games way too seriously. Call me bad at the game because I play it differently than you if it makes you feel better. As if being good at a video game is some kind of huge accomplishment. I have to question whether or not people like you and Cyninja even know what fun is. Allow me to educate you both:

fun
[f?n]
NOUN

enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure:
“the children were having fun in the play area” · [more]
synonyms: enjoyment · entertainment · amusement · pleasure · [more]

Perhaps people like you get enjoyment out of belitting others. Your posts here seem to support that theory. People like you are what makes MMO communities like WoW and LoL so unbearable. I’m glad there seems to be fewer of your kind in-game than here on the forums.

Now if you and Cyninja could just run along, there are other people here with opinions that actually matter. And by that I mean people not being complete kittens. K, bye!

Attachments:

(edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047)

Cyninja.2954

Now if you and Cyninja could just run along, there are other people here with opinions that actually matter. And by that I mean people not being complete kittens. K, bye!

Funny, and here i was thinking we were talking about how to succeed at a certain event.

Is it my fault the vent is designed the way it is? No.

I’m giving pointers and correcting missconceptions as to what is and isn’t viable as far as gearing goes.

But sure, go back to your “play the way you want” retour. Just don’t be one of the people posting in other threads about content being to hard or requiring getting nerfed.

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Funny, and here i was thinking we were talking about how to succeed at a certain event.

Is it my fault the vent is designed the way it is? No.

I’m giving pointers and correcting missconceptions as to what is and isn’t viable as far as gearing goes.

But sure, go back to your “play the way you want” retour. Just don’t be one of the people posting in other threads about content being to hard or requiring getting nerfed.

Oh, we were. Until you felt the need to go on your little “you’re bad for using ‘X’ gear” spiel. Completely unnecessary, btw. Only possible reason I can see for that is to be condescending to people who play differently than you. All gear is viable. People have different play styles and preferences than you. Deal with it.

And for the record, I’ve never asked for nerfs on content. If I don’t like something, I don’t do it. Simple as that.