Champion Runs???

Champion Runs???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wrath.7801

Wrath.7801

I have no idea of the point of doing these I sometimes join to get my monthly or daily done but other then that I can’t see the point of doing them? I guess I’m missing out on something major here just wondering if you guys can tell me the point of champ runs.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Uh, it’s pretty simple: money. And being one of the better time efficient ways of making said money… especially if you have awesome RNG.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Uh, it’s pretty simple: money. And being one of the better time efficient ways of making said money… especially if you have awesome RNG.

But they are not effective at all. The reason people do it is, because it is something which rewards you for being braindead.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Wrath.7801

Wrath.7801

<—— feels like a right idiot now

Oh ok thanks didn’t realise it would be that simple

Champion Runs???

thefantasticg.3984

But they are not effective at all. The reason people do it is, because it is something which rewards you for being braindead.

Yeah. It is effective despite your wanting it not to be, if there was something that was more effective people would be doing that en masse then.. As a matter of fact is was so effective Anet nerfed the amount of coin you got from Champ bags at one point. It is less effective now than it was before that nerf but it is still really effective. Champ train along with some quick dungeon runs is the best way to go about getting coin, IMO. A few hours = at least 10g. Especially if I get some some good drops.

Champion Runs???

kokiman.2364

Yeah. It is effective despite your wanting it not to be, if there was something that was more effective people would be doing that en masse then.. As a matter of fact is was so effective Anet nerfed the amount of coin you got from Champ bags at one point. It is less effective now than it was before that nerf but it is still really effective. Champ train along with some quick dungeon runs is the best way to go about getting coin, IMO. A few hours = at least 10g. Especially if I get some some good drops.

Or you could do all AC paths in 45mins and get 4.5g guaranteed gold + loot.

Pretty much every dungeon path is more effective BUT you can’t do all of them while being braindead.

GuildWars 2

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well the nice thing about Champion Trains is that you can join and leave them whenever it suits you. Unlike dungeons you’re not making a 30 minute commitment.

I agree that the loot isn’t as good as their popularity implies. On the other hand they do reward a nice balance of loot + Karma and occasional skill-points, T6 materials and money.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

Queensdale champ run with a reroll is:
– quick and brainless levelling (great when doing something else at the same time)
– karma (for obsidian shards)
– loot (look at the price of soft wood or linen)
– effortless daily (events, event mentor, kill variety, kill, krytan kills, krytan event, group event, veteran killer, champion killer, gatherer, recycler, leveller, skillpoint, crafter + some living story ones, all available in Queensdale)
– the occasional special exotic that sells for 30po (got that purple sword on spider at lvl 60 something)

But never do it with your first character, you’ll spoil the fun of the game.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

– quick and brainless levelling (great when doing something else at the same time)
– effortless daily (events, event mentor, kill variety, kill, krytan kills, krytan event, group event, veteran killer, champion killer, gatherer, recycler, leveller, skillpoint, crafter + some living story ones, all available in Queensdale)
– the occasional special exotic that sells for 30po (got that purple sword on spider at lvl 60 something)

spot on

been doing this to level alts while watching a movie, large/multiple monitor helps

Champion Runs???

kokiman.2364

spot on

been doing this to level alts while watching a movie, large/multiple monitor helps

So why bother “playing” the game if you have no interesst in playing it?

GuildWars 2

Champion Runs???

thefantasticg.3984

Champ train along with some quick dungeon runs is the best way to go about getting coin, IMO. A few hours = at least 10g. Especially if I get some some good drops.

Or you could do all AC paths in 45mins and get 4.5g guaranteed gold + loot.

Which is why I said:

Champ Train + Some Dungeons = Best Way to Go

Whether something is braindead or not doesn’t matter to me. As long as I am enjoying what I am doing I don’t give a flying fks if it’s braindead or not. I have a pretty good feeling I’m not alone in that feeling. I especially and really don’t care what other people do with their own time just like they shouldn’t care what I do with MY time. Right now I got about 4 dungeon paths I can clear in less than an hour if I got the right people with me.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

spot on

Most of the players have played the lore already with multiple characters but they still want to level characters for WvW for instance. You have a several option for this:

1. Do the quests, story missions, hearts 20th time again. (longest way with minimal income)

2. Craft the toon to lvl 80 that would cost you now way over 100G (shortest but most expensive way)

3. Do Queensdale champ farm while watching TV (medium long with large income while u receive kittenloads of extra skillpoint and karma and AP)

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Champion Runs???

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

spot on

Its not about the interest, its the flexibility it offers.

With 8hrs work, 4-5hrs free time at night, 1dayoff weekly, multiple characters, you’ll be looking to spend your time efficiently.

Champion Runs???

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

spot on

Most of the players have played the lore already with multiple characters but they still want to level characters for WvW for instance. You have a several option for this:

1. Do the quests, story missions, hearts 20th time again. (longest way with minimal income)

2. Craft the toon to lvl 80 that would cost you now way over 100G (shortest but most expensive way)

3. Do Queensdale champ farm while watching TV (medium long with large income while u receive kittenloads of extra skillpoint and karma and AP)

So i.e. someone is running circles to lvl up char that he will then use to play wvw with it, right? Thats a really logical solution especially since you can lvl your alts in wvw. But why would anyone do lvling in content he plans to play with that char is beyond me…

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

spot on

I fall asleep while doing champ runs or I get tired after 5 minutes. No thanks.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Champion Runs???

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

spot on

So i.e. someone is running circles to lvl up char that he will then use to play wvw with it, right? Thats a really logical solution especially since you can lvl your alts in wvw. But why would anyone do lvling in content he plans to play with that char is beyond me…

Bringing your toon to level in WvW is very hmmm… unfair to others and i ve been nice using word “unfair”. If you enter a fight with your lvl 10, 30,40 etc toon you most probably will die pretty much at the beginning of the engangement. If you plan to range it, you most probably will be picked by a thief from nothing.

So you will be the best weapon of the opposite team. A freakin’ rally bot. You die and any1 who got 1 simgle dmg on oyu get up and that can totally turn the way of a fight.

If we talk about PLAYING WvW of course. If you just karma training what makes you better than champ farmer?

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Champion Runs???

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If you don’t enjoy something then don’t do it. Please refrain from telling others what they should or should not enjoy. In my opinion running the same dungeon paths over 500 times is no more challenging than the train. In my experience the frostgorge train pays better, i can come and go as i please, and i’ve met some friends there and try to chat and make it fun. I see a lot of generosity as well, with players giving out food, banners and merchants. Nothing wrong with trains but do something different if it’s not your cup of tea. Go do quests or dungeons or whatever! Have fun your way!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I jump on the trains occasionally for T6 Mats, a chance at a good exotic drop or even the coveted Ascended Drop. I also can’t spend much more than 45 minutes there or so before I get bored.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Champion Runs???

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

spot on

Because leveling is boring the second time around, let alone the 3rd 4th and 5th. That being said, WvW is a lot more fun to level in and you get more money out of it. I gained 8 levels in 2 hours the other night on my warrior and made about 6g.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Champion Runs???

kokiman.2364

spot on

Because leveling is boring the second time around, let alone the 3rd 4th and 5th. That being said, WvW is a lot more fun to level in and you get more money out of it. I gained 8 levels in 2 hours the other night on my warrior and made about 6g.

So tab → auto attack isn’t boring?

GuildWars 2

Champion Runs???

Aeonblade.8709

spot on

So tab -> auto attack isn’t boring?

Oh the whole game is boring for the leveling part after your first character, I was just agreeing the champ train is good for being able to watch TV or alt tab to another game. It’s not the quickest way, but it lets me get stuff done around the house rather than doing another mind numbing grind

Champion Runs???

kokiman.2364

spot on

Oh the whole game is boring for the leveling part after your first character, I was just agreeing the champ train is good for being able to watch TV or alt tab to another game. It’s not the quickest way, but it lets me get stuff done around the house rather than doing another mind numbing grind

Not sure how getting to know your new class is something boring. Also the story changes depening on your choices at least until we meet Kormir 2.0 + i’m pretty sure after your first lvl 80 character you still have some undiscovered areas left in the game.

GuildWars 2

Champion Runs???

Aeonblade.8709

spot on

Not sure how getting to know your new class is something boring. Also the story changes depening on your choices at least until we meet Kormir 2.0 + i’m pretty sure after your first lvl 80 character you still have some undiscovered areas left in the game.

True, but every zone I wanted to finish and explore I did with my main. The personal story is mostly used for quick leveling as the story was never really engaging to me, I felt like a passenger on a Greyhound bus. Getting to know your class takes all of a few days playing anyway, it’s not like you have multiple trait pages or more than a handful of abilities at a time. Basically, If I wanted to explore it, I would do it on my guardian for map completion. I do level mostly in WvW with my alts now, I rarely do the champ trains unless I have something else going on IRL that prevents me from giving the game my full attention.