Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I tried it and it worked. ^^
I wasn’t sure whether it is okay to do, so I stopped after a very few.

By the way, that is not how I want to make money. I want to play ingame pve content (not to be forced to run fractals or dungeons) and feel rewarded enough. It worked quite fine before the 15th November patch messed up everything.

And I would be also very glad, if I just get some (useful) rares or exotics by myself, so I don’t have to buy them. It is another feeling if there drops a nice yellow one that I can use. :-)

Posted by: Arimik.2460

Arimik.2460

im gonna have to agree with the OP

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I tried it and it worked. ^^
I wasn’t sure whether it is okay to do, so I stopped after a very few.

you mean the one they just nerfed so you cant use the jewel to make jewellery? Guess its back to the extremely rare “rare” drops.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I def noticed increased loot since patch, more rares, more green and even a 20g exotic off random vet mob. However way too short of a time to know for sure

For sure, tonight it seemed really nice. To boot I rec’d a Black Lion Key, used it, inside that another Black Lion Key. That was a first, but beyond that 2 Exotics tonight running upen world 70’ish level content. That hadn’t happened to me prior.

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

“Initially we have to rely on smaller data sets, instinct and some guesswork to find the correct cut-off. What this means is that some players are going to bump into the edges of these systems for a while as we get them sorted out”

Wow I must have missed it. So basically they say “you have to play the way we want you to, or you are not having any loot”, and when you give up and ask – ok, how do you want me to play? they say “we are not telling”.

This is going beyond ridiculous. My guildmates log in for like half hour to do Tixx and get rares and greens. I play for over 6 hours on three different toons, do Tixx, WvW, storylines, open-world (never staying in one location for more than half hour food-buff), occasional dungeon etc – and I am lucky if i get enough greens to fill half a fractal bag.

Why am I being penalized for playing MORE than others? should it not be the other way around? am I supposed to buy another account to be able to just play with any kind of rewards? where is the end to this nonsense? where is Arena reply to all this?

By that point I am frustrated beyond belief. I`ve played Lineage 2 for over 6 years, that game was a definition of grind, but GW2 had actually outdone it now in terms of grindiness, absence of rewards and indifference from the dev team.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

where is Arena reply to all this?

What they can’t hear you over the money they are making off the players who pay RL cash to convert to gold…. Honestly the fact they REFUSE to give a official statement on any of this just shows how little they care… They are making money off some players and the rest be damned!

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

I could swear it has gotten worse for me as of the patch. I tried farming in different zones for a long time before returning to my favorite area (at least 24 hours) and I am actually getting less in drops. 70-ish mobs, more than half with nothing, 5 crafting mats, 1 green weapon, and the rest garbage loot. Meanwhile the bots are still there….teleporting guardians and all.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Well, I think the only way to end this madness is to stop using the TP.

I know people CBF and use it to even get crafting material, but, like ANet suggested, they want us to explore the whole world of tyria. So why not do this. Everyone just farm across the zones and not bother using the TP.

Watch how quickly they will adjust the prices to try and get the “customers” back.

P.S. Maybe then we will get a respone from ANet…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Aelaren.3784

I have not used TP for a long long time. Last time I used it to buy something off of it was around lostshore event, when I was missing a couple lower-tier mats for leveling a craft (i miscounted the amount I needed to farm).

But it is not realistic to make a lot of people stop using TP. When you need something and grind for like a month for it with no result, you bound to get frustrated and either buy it off TP or deinstall the game altogether.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Personally, I have enough gold, mostly due to a lucky precursor drop during Lost Shore, that I will use the TP and may even level another character. That being said, once the in-game gold is gone, I’m done. I’ll not sink any money in to the gem store. Their whole approach to this feels a lot like extortion, and I’ll not be bullied in to buying gems. At about 300 hour for me, even with good drops, the game is already starting to lose it’s appeal…bad drops only accelerate that. Perhaps it’s time to play one of those other dozens of games I have that I’ve never played.

There is a reason GW2 was placed on a higher shelf than other MMOs such as Shaila, Lineage 2, Diablo 3, WoW and so many more, they offered an alternative to pure grinding. Personal stories, dynamic events, etc. Well even personal stories now, if one is leveling from scratch requires a great deal of grinding to get appropriate gear or enough silver/gold to buy it. They’ve failed in their stated game mandate, no grind…YA RIGHT!! they explicitly lied about game updates champions guaranteed to drop loot with higher probability of rare/exotic drops overall…LIES…and have tried to censor concerned players in essentially every thread but this…deleting posts…closing threads that get negative feedback…what are we communists here?

I just hope I’m around long enough to see the whole thing implode on ANet much like Diablo 3 did on a Blizzard. Reputation is enough to get people playing something like that, but a crap game is a crap game, and ArenaNet is trying very hard to make GW2 a crap game. I’d be much happier if they skipped some of the holiday content and fixed some of the core game issues and longstanding bugs plaguing events and dungeons.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Well, I think the only way to end this madness is to stop using the TP.

I know people CBF and use it to even get crafting material, but, like ANet suggested, they want us to explore the whole world of tyria. So why not do this. Everyone just farm across the zones and not bother using the TP.

Watch how quickly they will adjust the prices to try and get the “customers” back.

P.S. Maybe then we will get a respone from ANet…

I agree, it seems the only way to get their attention is a boycott.
I see in the near future if this dosnt get acknowledged there will be a viral firestorm dragging them through the mud.

And all they can do is realize they brought it upon themselves :/

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

So basically, in view of recent “jewelry exploit”, the only ones that can make money and “enjoy” the game are those who find every possible exploit in game?
I get the impression that some things in this game, like loot tables, are being tuned down on purpose to force people to buy gems.
Let’s be honest, 99% of things in BLTC is just for fun, there are no gamebreakers there. How ANet expects to make money out of it? Have anyone seen anyone running in those funny town clothes or buying boosters, pvp finishers, whatever in bulk?
IMO ANet is forcing us to buy gems/gold and that’s why they do little to control TP inflation.

I remember getting way much better drops when the game started and I had no idea about Magic Find. In fact I am struggling to get more than 20 globs per week now and I DO farm a lot.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

they explicitly lied about game updates champions guaranteed to drop loot with higher probability of rare/exotic drops overall…LIES

I swore I read that to and this one does bother me. First it would be great if they did, they should. But I don’t get how one states this will happen and then it doesn’t. No follow up word, no quick fix or any fix now. I really don’t get this one at all, to the point for a while there we made fun of it, after we killed a champ, “got your chest? You bet”… That joke even grew old, almost to the point where I was questioning that this was ever stated in a patch note.

The other is how the best goodies are all stuck in one dungeon .0001% of the game. As if there is some mini-revolt going on within Anet, so someone just said “ok, we’ll watch this!”, then proceeded to do one of the dumber things you could figure and it’s been that way for going on a month now.

(edited by Horrorscope.7632)

Posted by: Flasheart.2098

Flasheart.2098

Come on Anet turn on the loot taps
this is just not fun

Posted by: laibros.3490

laibros.3490

Anet does have full right to not answer to anything. Problem is that whole economy and players mood is very fragile thing. Admitting such problem as bug in loot or stealth nerf is something Anet won’t probably risk.

Also I believe that the guy responsible for economy does have the main influence about drop rates.

However what I can see as major problem is the gameplay element which should be on the first place. I can just guess but the guy responsible for economy can see just numbers. You know move slider here and there. This is free to play MMO and moving these sliders do have impact on Anet income. :-)

With all the fairness I always went with the honesty even if the temporary impact would be customer rage. I can remember WoW who did have the same problem. The communication was scarce between developer and customer. They significantly improved that a few years back. The impact on community and understanding was tremendous.

I know that designers team probably want to have the best game experience “in the field” and managers want to have steady income. It’s very tricky cooperation but I believe that better game experience, even if they slightly damage the income, do have greater impact for GW2 (in a good way) for the future.

I can see that on myself..if something pisses me off in the games..I quit and very rarely return back. GW2 is not that case yet but I can’t believe that there is no answer at all.
It’s just speculation but when I see how e.g. Robert Hrouda is communicating regarding dungeons or other designers in Wintersday section, I can simply presume that it’s forbidden to talk here.

(edited by laibros.3490)

Posted by: ShaiHulud.7410

ShaiHulud.7410

Bare with me guys.

Today we had a patch, right?

Ok.

Malchor’s Leap. Aprroximately 2 hours of grinding without any breaks , but only changing waypoints.

1 exotic, 3 rares, 2 charged lodestones, 2 onyx lodestones and loads of greens. White trash also and blues, as usual.

I don’t know what happened but there are 3 possibilites:

1. Either Magic find was fixed. I am running at ~ 170 % magic find atm.

2. Either the loot table was adjusted with this patch.

3. Either I am a lucky kitten and this was just a strike in my usual grinding.

I will grind for another 2-3 hours and keep you posted.

Meanwhile, I would like the rest to come here and confirm if something has changed in their grind patterns / loot tables.

Thanks.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Bare with me guys.

Ok.

Malchor’s Leap. Aprroximately 2 hours of grinding without any breaks , but only changing waypoints.

1 exotic, 3 rares, 2 charged lodestones, 2 onyx lodestones and loads of greens. White trash also and blues, as usual.

Meanwhile, I would like the rest to come here and confirm if something has changed in their grind patterns / loot tables.

Thanks.

Did you attempt this right after server sestart? Because i swear, i have started noticing that right after a server restart i “always” get a ton of rares in cursed shore, just like the pre november 15th patch. After an hour or 2, its back to normal.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

ShaiHulud.7410

I attempted this after I downloaded the patch. Patch downloaded, logged in the game, ported to Malchor’s and start the grind.

That exotic came from a veteran, the same veteran I was killing continously for hours and didnt see anything from him. Today he dropped 1 exotic and 1 rare.

This is coming from someone who never saw an exotic drop after 15th november patch.

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

There seems to be some long-term DR active in the game. If you log out for long enough to trigger it, or there is a server reset, you go into “loot god mode” and drop all kinds of awseome stuff.

After that, the more you play, the worse your loot gets.

They want to reward us for not playing. Let’s oblige.

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Totally agree with Chamone. If someone hunts open world for 5 hours switching zones killing hundreds of mobs, then statistically shouldn’t they have some decent loot? I am not a math wiz but I am not sure what is going on.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I see in the near future if this dosnt get acknowledged there will be a viral firestorm dragging them through the mud.

Funny, that’s exactly what people said when Ascended gear was introduced, and look where we are now.

Aelaren.3784

Entirety of Plinx run:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ijop37.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/15pk8b4.jpg
3 greens, 5 blues. Some mats. 27 porous bones. Also counting drop from mobs on my way from Caer to Plinx spawn.

Done with 115% MF. Logged first time after new build. Haven`t killed anything prior to that. Have no idea what`s going on anymore.

Same, with zero MF. Pretty sure both events took less then half-hour so DR should not have been a problem (I logged off between events):
http://i46.tinypic.com/29awbps.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20i8j6t.jpg
1 green, 7 blues. Some mats. Two dyes (opened into common). 41 porous bone.

I was in a party of 5, and tagged everything there was to tag (guardian with a staff in full exotic). There were multiple rares for other people in party, and every one in party had at least double amount of other drops that I had.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Leamas.5803

I don’t see the big deal with the ascended gear…isn’t new content good? I don’t want to get this thread off track, but can someone please PM why the ascended gear was a bad thing? Now completely nerfing the loot to the point of making loot drops irrelevant, especially at high levels…players who already have committed time and have a vested interest in the game…players who might be considered more likely to drop $$$ in the gem store. hmmmm Coincidence?

I was clearing some low level areas the other night and, realistically, I was getting way better drops than I do in Cursed Shore. Granted the kills per hour is probably much higher in a lower area which will contribute, but if I get better gear (Don’t get me wrong…still useless, but a higher grade of useless and worth more at the merchants.) and can make more money and am not interested in endlessly grinding for a legendary, what’s the point of going to places like Orr when I can go to an area like Queensdale and make more money. I understand Orr used to be a great place to make money with rare/exotic drops and T5-T6 mats. In the time it took me to clear all 3 areas in Orr, I had exactly 1 exotic drop. You’d think it would have come from something like a champion risen giant or Temple of Lyssa or Temple of Melandru…no…mostly blues for the lot of them. It dropped from a regular mob, as did the 2 or 3 rares I got the entire time I was doing Orr…regular mobs. I’ve never had a loadstone drop…ever, but have grouped with people who have gotten them.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Did you attempt this right after server sestart? Because i swear, i have started noticing that right after a server restart i “always” get a ton of rares in cursed shore, just like the pre november 15th patch. After an hour or 2, its back to normal.

I think you’re on to part of the cause of the problem.

The extremely reduced drop rate started for me after the lost shores patch. Let me start by saying that before that patch, I had 3 to 5 gold drops per hour. Consistently and without exception, every day. Now, I’m at an average of 1 gold drop per 2 hours.

Here’s what I observed. If ever you decide not to play for a few days, you’ll see a lot of drops in the first hour or so. After that, it’s back to normal.

After a server restart, boom, in the first hour or so, loot. Then, nothing again.

After you enter a new group: boom, loot! This makes me believe the loot chances of the other players are shared with you. After an hour or so, not so much again, but still not as bad as playing alone. And that is probably because not all players are affected by this problem. Thanks to them, you still have a chance of getting some drops, although not as many. It’s also the reason why, in some groups, there’s simply no loot for anyone after an hour; the group doesn’t include one of the “lucky ones” that is not affected by this problem. When you find yourself in such an “unlucky” group, just leave, and make a new group with different people. Suddenly, you will have loot again.

This whole group scenario thing became blatantly obvious to me when I was in a group of 4 people, with one guy consistently linking golds and exotics that he received from the same mobs we were killing. Mind you, his weapons and gear were crap. The others in the group, including me, were amazed, as they did not get this amount of loot, and their gear was a lot better as well. We all had better stats than the lucky guy, and more magic find. Our loot ratio was crap compared to his, but still much better than when we were alone, so we stayed with “the lucky guy”. When that guy left, suddenly noone received loot anymore, including myself. It was gray junk, a blue here and there – at best – but most mobs simply dropped nothing. Naturally, the group fell apart within 15 minutes.

My theory is that if you play the game for a few hours straight, you are kittened when it comes to drops. The DR is ruthless. The only exotic drops I ever had came after either a server restart, a group restart, or when logging in after not having played the game for days. Going to different regions doesn’t change a thing. Only one single event (which you only reach after completing a chain of other events) still gives consistent drops for me in Orr, the rest is borked. When that event is up, I’m there; I’ll solo it if I have to, even though that’s neigh impossible.

Some players are NOT affected by this, as I stated above, and as others have remarked in this thread. Those people not affected may count themselves very lucky, because I know there is a very large group out there like me. They are on map chat all the time, if you pay some attention to that stuff. They’ve been on this forum, in several threads, ever since the lost shores patch. Something went very, very wrong after the Lost Shores patch.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Some of the posts just made me sure I am not insane. I also do see more rares after not playing for a day or two and saw BIG decrease in rare drops after Lost Shores patch. BTW it was then when I decided to have a go for legendary and started to gather mats for it. With some devotion and smart TP play I got everything since then except Charged. Not even single drop even tho I do spend 2-3 hours/day “farming” them. Statistically I should drop at least 1, right?

Concerning Charged Lodestones. I only have problem with those. Not because I need them for Bolt but because every other lodestone I can farm without a problem within reasonable time, any time of a day.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Aelaren.3784

Maybe DR saves somehow in between server restarts and lasts for at least a day? Last time I killed any stuff was 3AM Moscow time (it`s 22PM atm here).

Posted by: Amdukias.9547

Amdukias.9547

It truly is getting to the point where time spent playing doesn’t warrant the rewards. Not to mention the waste of resources (food, guild banners, guild 3 day magic find). I personally have only ever had one exotic as a drop, a level 78 berserker’s ring. It is at the point where if it weren’t for the great people I have in my guild to play and talk with, I would uninstall this game in a heartbeat. I do find I feel like logging in less and less, and there is now no way in Satan’s black hell that I am going to buy a gem card, I had one given to me by a guildie, and planned on buying a couple, but I am not going to financially support Anet if they can’t even have the basic decency to give us any information at all in this matter. This thread is now at 22 pages, and we still haven’t been informed of anything, at this point even a “everything is working as intended, we just want you to buy more cards” post would be welcome. But no, we are all low class citizens who, now that we have spent our money on the game aren’t worth the time to actually keep informed, or respond to.

I don’t really expect a response in this thread, or anywhere regarding this, they have shown their true colors, and how they feel about our concerns.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Bare with me guys.

Ok.

Thanks.

Happens to me every time there’s a restart it turns off my DR and makes MF work as originally intended before it turns back on and I start getting porous bones again.

Definitely do keep us informed the more we communicate what’s happening the more we can keep track.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

@Amdukias: Buying gems or spending them doesn’t make an ounce of difference for the loot ratio. I’m fortunate in the sense that my job allows me to carelessly spend money on gems whenever I feel like it; I’m still in the “unlucky group”, described above.

Posted by: Amdukias.9547

Amdukias.9547

@Buttercup: I realize the two are unrelated, my point in this part of my post is that I am not going to support the company financially with the current state of the game. I don’t want to spend my real world money any further to support the company if there feels like no reward during gameplay, and no response at all to the community in regards to their concerns. Here in Canada a card is $25.00, and there is no way I am going to buy one if I am so discouraged during my playing time that I am closer and closer to uninstalling the game.

ShaiHulud.7410

Guys, news from the front.

Nothing changed.

So the patch didn’t actually address this issue.

So it remains only that either I was on a lucky strike , either the theory the guys mentioned above with server restart.

p.s. Grinded again for 2 hours and got nothing of interest.

Navi.7142

I experienced the same thing after they released the new patch (17th Dec) and restarted the servers.
I decided to complete a zone and do my dailies. And then there dropped 1 or 2 yellows and a few greens and a lot of dust.. I thought it would have been the area where we were in, because we didn’t go there for a while (like one week or more) and for these characters it was completely new.
But it makes sense that the server restart is connected to that and that time is a factor of it. After one hour or two it got worse.. ^^

So, if they indeed didn’t change the loot / drop rate in general (which seems to be), the problem lies deeper than we thought. Some people are affected, some not. Some people notice an improvement after they restarted the servers (and some not?).

How can we get rid of the DR instantly and permanently?

What do we have to do, how do we have to play, how are we supposed to react?

Anet, please help us, we want to play (and in general more than 1 hour and each day, not only after you restarted your servers), we want to have fun, we want to feel rewarded.

Whatever happened to the loot or DR, please fix it… (it is not just RNG or bad luck! -> there was an enormous impact after the 15th November patch where we immediately noticed something changed; this problem with loot/ DR has not been there before)

Please. :-(

Leamas.5803

OK, so I did a test. Maxed out toon in a low level area.
Where: Wayfarer Foothills (1-15 area)
My Toon: Level 80 Necro, Full set of Carrion Exotics (Armor/Weapons), Full set of Superior Runes of the Necromancer, superior corruption sigils. Jewelery matches P/V/CD stats with a meger amount of MF thrown in, +11. I have armor that gets me to +37, but it never seems to help so I don’t use it very often anymore.
Duration: About an hour
Events: About 4 + 4 heart vendors for a total of 8
Loot acquired: ~6 silver straight up (Looting and event pay), mix of about 20 whites (~70%) and blues (~30%), a smattering of salvagible, the usual junk, two Wintersday gifts and two Black Lion Chests (Locked).

All told, I have about 12.5 silver for the effort and I kept all the crafting mats collected or salvaged. I’m not going to include the ugly sweaters as they’re a one-time thing and hardly count. I don’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I made much more than that in Orr, unless I had a very lucky drop for a rare, or God forbid, an exotic.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

got 4 dyes in one event in orr today, about 4 rares over three events also in orr, but got about nothing in frost gorge over the course of a couple hours.

i think the issue has something to do with DR, i started off in frostgorge, did jormag (poor, poor loot now, still good drops of some, but the overall reduction makes it not worth doing), farmed trolls, collosuses, and other, got squat even with tons of MF. Went to orr, did events got dyes, rares, and tons of greens.

the loot is strange now, if ive learned one thing it is that if you are in a place or zone and loot is poor, dont stick around, keep moving around.

(edited by Medazolam.3058)

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

So, it seems that it has been observed by a few people that DR may be inactive for the first few hours right after a server reset. Let me also add that around 150% MF makes a tremendous difference during that time frame.

For the time being keep your eyes on the loot/time spent right after a server restart and report your findings. I want to know if this observation is in fact true

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

Navi.7142

I will watch that closely. I think I experienced it twice.. I just have to see where my last “lucky streak” was.. I think it was immediately after the Wintersday update.

Navi.7142

Here it is:

Did something happen to the loot after they patched it today?
I am not sure, but I am missing hooves xD

Did something happen to the loot after they patched it today?
I am not sure, but I am missing hooves xD

U mean they even nerfed junk trophies?

No.. I got more other stuff instead of hooves. At least I think so, could be random.

Alright, thanks for clarifying. Hope the other things are atleast a little useful or worthy of selling. Once I’m at home later, shall check this in-game to see if anything has changed (hope I managed to find any party doing events that used to give nice loots like Plinx). Entire CS is Cursed these days on my server.

Yeah, I think it is worth a try.

I was just thinking that with the patch they restarted the servers (or whatever, the dynamic events, which did not work before, are now all active and working.. at least these which I came by..).. could that alone have affected an improvement or did they change something additionally?
(That would be only interesting if other people notice improved loot ^^)

I’ll have a look at Orr..

Humm, I got a lot of crap and some porous bones (-.-), but I also got a yellow one and 3 (!!) dyes (they dropped in a row..).

And we also noticed that every veteran and champion gave us loot today (blue).

I noticed it indeed after the Wintersday patch and I also connected it to the restarted servers.

:-)

Navi.7142

Leamas.5803

Well you didn’t think they’d risk another Lost Shores nightmare did you? I would have been surprised if the Xmas content wasn’t hit heavily with DR.

Navi.7142

lol

As they introduced the Lost Shore Update with the 15th November patch and I killed a lot of Karkas I began to wonder why the karkas didn’t drop me loot (I think I received nearly nothing from them; at least compared to what these masses of karkas should have dropped for me.. at this time I thought “Oh, well, maybe it is because of the massive lags”), then I continued to do what ever I’ve done pre-patch (pve content like completing zones, dailies, leveling all my characters and so on) and I immediately noticed a big difference.

I really try to like the game, but it seems it doesn’t like me (anymore). :-(

Aelaren.3784

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mystic-Forge-Downgrade-Possible-bug
Just one more instance of returns somehow turning out less than expected. At least in that case you cannot deny that IS a bug.

Death Reincarnated.3570

Whenever I log on, it feels to me that in the first hour or so the loot drop is quite good. Then if you keep grinding the same zone it deflates. So I change zones and its quite good again but not as long as before.

To me it feels almost like the random and instantaneous mob respawns. In some locations after the mob would be killed it would respawn straight away. I don’t know, perhaps this is similar to the loot. The rates are good in some places and timed to specific moments.

Its hard to explain this but it feels like the parameteres fluctuate/change with respect to time and the zone/area you are in. At some point they are better in one place and at another point they are better yet in another place.

It’s weird lol.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I wish I would get good drops the first hour, but.. no.. Doesnt matter if I’ve been on for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

Well, temporarily for an hour, perhaps twice total since the lost shores patch.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Navi.7142

Loot related problem with a devs reply, but not really connected to our issue.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mobs-in-Arah-story-dont-drop-loot/first#post1037244

Death Reincarnated.3570

May I suggest something.

For those who have problems with good loot. Can you guys change zones from the typical/usual ones you start off when you log on and see if it improves? This may provide us with good information to this isse.

If no-one from ANet is willing to provide us with such details we might as well conduct this our selves. After all Anet does encourage us to explore Tyria.

Jon Peters, Game Designer
“Guild Wars 2 is a game about freedom. We want you to be able to explore the world and engage in a huge variety of activities, focusing on whatever best suits your tastes.”

Do not click this link!

Navi.7142

I do that each day. I change zones, I change characters. It doesn’t matter. It is following me wherever I go.

But yeah, I’ll try some neglected characters and very rarely visited zones and see what’s happening.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

After all Anet does encourage us to explore Tyria.

You mean try to force us to play the game the way they want us to.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Just got rares again in Orr, 5 or 6 in a few events, used flamethrower tagged ever mob at events. Had magic find gear plus food. Farms sparks for a hour, my buddy got a lodestone right away, I got nothing with full MC plus food and booster. Asking around, lots of people are getting rares, saw a few people post exotic drops as well. Mainly Orr Arah event chain. Just trying to help figure what is up with loot.

Also did they change the Arah events? We didn’t have to ‘hold’ the steps this time, just the eye and a wave or two of risen. Was very easy.

Edit: anyone else get a lot of dyes today? No good ones, but they were dropping a lot for me. Again in MF gear with food

(edited by Medazolam.3058)

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I stopped farming a bunch recently because I’ve been affected by this DR bug. I might buy a new account if this isn’t fixed in the next big update. I wasn’t effected by the patch in November, but I also didn’t start farming till mid November. I was getting an exotic at least every other night, but then when the patch at the beginning part of December happened, I stopped getting good drops. I don’t understand why the amount of gold I was making was a bad thing. I only have about 150 gold. I still haven’t bought full level 80 exotics or full T3 cultural armor. I defiantly won’t be getting the sword of infinite light. I have 8 characters, and they all need gold too. I am making about 25-50s an hour if I farm in Orr, anywhere else and it isn’t worth it. But I don’t spend much time there now. And it doesn’t seem like everyone is having bad loot. I asked in a group a while back and one guy had gotten 15+ rares and an exotic, while I got 3 rares.

I wouldn’t mind this DR so much if the DR wore off after a period of time. But I haven’t farmed that much for 2 weeks and I’m not seeing an improvement.

Gamer Gal

Navi.7142

I think it has nothing to do with farming.

I am not farming. I have 12g. I play since pre-release and daily.
It is in each area where I want to proceed in pve content. Sometimes I go to Orr and make one event chain, that is what I call farming for myself. It it <1h and there are rarely good drops.
I do not need 5 rares/ minute, but I should be able to get at least one after I did a few dynamic events and killed lots of enemies.

It follows me. Maybe it mistakes me for a bot? Dunno.

(edited by Navi.7142)