Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

^^^Oh god lol this is what I just imagined…

DR=boogeyman. It haunts me day in day out, where ever I go its there and it’s worse than Orr. It’s sidekick, Sir RNG-a-lot is just as frightening TBH.

Anyways the way DR is implemented is definitely a non-linear relationship. One of the variables must be time. I don’t mean time as in the roullete during loot, but time as in how many players are on in particular zone, how long you have spent moving about a particular area, and so on.

If we could find out a way…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I just got an exotics from the chest in tixx dungeon O.o
And overall better loot.
Did they restart the server for the patch today?

Hopefully I’ve escaped boogeyman’s radar. ^^

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I just got an exotics from the chest in tixx dungeon O.o
And overall better loot.
Did they restart the server for the patch today?

Hopefully I’ve escaped boogeyman’s radar. ^^

Theres no escaping the radar, now you have taken that exotic you have been tagged by Anet as an over achiever and your drop rates must be lowered to the gutter to balance the game out. Surely you see this as fair though because you almost brought the price of pre-cursors down by 2 copper. Can’t have that :P

Navi.7142

Nooooooo…..

Anet can have it back… it is only worth 75 silver. I can’t wear it (although my alts can wear it.. at least three of them ^^) and it has a useless rune in it xD
Well, no, it is okay and I am a little bit excited. But it counts as a dungeon reward and not as open world pve content?
Damn.. ^^

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Bearing in mind all that was already written in this thread I tried to pay close attention of my drops. Cleared my bags to be sure. Started as usual with Tixx then moved to my usual spots in Orr, found MF banner, ate some MF food and started doing events. In the first hour I dropped 3 rares +some T6 mats (fangs, scales, bones) + quite nice amount of bags. After an hour or so I started getting porous bones 60% of a time and some white/blue junk. Changed zones to Malchor’s Leap, loot became slightly better but still it was only bit more greens, no Charged lodestones. Moved to Frostgorge, same stuff. Went on Ori run around the zones, still crap. Moved to 1-15 zone to finish daily kill variety, got tons of mats and bags, nothing special.

Total gain for 5+ hours of playing: 4 globs, la\ess than 2g and few T6 mats. Now, ALL good drops happened in the FIRST hour of playing, which includes some minutes spent in Tixx dungeon.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: nic.5720

nic.5720

I’m still experiencing very poor drop rate quality and quantity, no matter where I play in the open world.

Even getting a green seems unusual for me these days. As for rares and exotics… forget it!

I understand that the discussion seems to have veered towards suggesting that it may be the DR mechanic that is at fault. But, I have wondered if many of us experiencing these poor drop rates have been openly critical of ANet on these forums?

I have a concern that because the game and forum accounts are linked, it may be possible for an unscrupulous company to covertly penalize those players that are repeatedly critical of them.

I appreciate that this may be tin foil hat territory. But, given ANets’ seeming contempt for players valid concerns (as evidenced in this thread and many others) I am finding it increasingly difficult to extend them the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT; Just because you’re not paranoid, it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you!

(edited by nic.5720)

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

nic, totally possible. Though we will never know the truth.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Please try not to derail the thread I intend to keep questioning and gathering information here so we can get an explanation or come to some obvious conclusion as to what happened after Nov 15th. Well that or someone at Anet works up the moral courage to do what’s right and fill us in on why this is going on, after all it is the holidays and I think we have all suffered enough.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Same bots in southsun shores as always, why are they running 24/7 if DR is supposed to hinder them?

I mixed up zones quite a bit last night but did not see much improvement in loot. I even took the suggestion of exploring and completing a Lowbie zone and it was fun as the poster advertised. Made under a gold. But, gonna do it again tonight and hope former drops but mainly zone out literally and have fun.

Oh and to those calling shenanigans on the 80 who said he tears through mobs in lowbie zones, well even with level scaling I pretty much did. Not a complaintind you.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I will try to farm a bit tonight and see if I notice any differences.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Well, I have just done the winter events this week and don’t even feel inclined to go gather data anymore. I’ll try to sit down this weekend and spend time just farming.

Posted by: krustykritters.3768

krustykritters.3768

Today i decided to try to farm some rares for ectos for the first time in a few weeks. The last few weeks I’ve been hitting 100% map completion pretty heavy and finally finished it. So i slap on all my magic find gear, eat an omnomberry bar and use a mf booster I’ve been holding on to for awhile … 200% magic find in total. By the time my booster wears off I found a grand total of 4 greens, 2 blues, 5 whites and a handful of salvage stuff. I switched areas in the map and it was the first time in a few days since I had even been there. Diminishing returns should have played no part whatsoever. I had better luck yesterday helping a guildie with map completion for an hour with no magic find at all. 2 rares and about a gold worth of greens, blues and whites. Think i’m going to stop running mf gear untill the issue gets fixed. If my regular gear stops finding decent loot for me then i guess i’ll follow some of the others out the door as well … no point in killing stuff if even blues and greens are just as rare as yellows. Oh, this is the first time i’ve posted on here as well so the paranoid theory isn’t true that was posted a few threads back

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Today i decided to try to farm some rares for ectos for the first time in a few weeks. The last few weeks I’ve been hitting 100% map completion pretty heavy and finally finished it. So i slap on all my magic find gear, eat an omnomberry bar and use a mf booster I’ve been holding on to for awhile … 200% magic find in total. By the time my booster wears off I found a grand total of 4 greens, 2 blues, 5 whites and a handful of salvage stuff. I switched areas in the map and it was the first time in a few days since I had even been there. Diminishing returns should have played no part whatsoever. I had better luck yesterday helping a guildie with map completion for an hour with no magic find at all. 2 rares and about a gold worth of greens, blues and whites. Think i’m going to stop running mf gear untill the issue gets fixed. If my regular gear stops finding decent loot for me then i guess i’ll follow some of the others out the door as well … no point in killing stuff if even blues and greens are just as rare as yellows. Oh, this is the first time i’ve posted on here as well so the paranoid theory isn’t true that was posted a few threads back

When you switched back to regular gear were you using the food still?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I think I am hit by permanent DR too sometimes, or at least something really strange is going on with loot tables in general. My group did level 30 Fractal. Everyone at least got 1 exo and 5+ yellows and some of the Mist Shards.

All I got was 1 yellow from a mob drop and 1 putrid essence (the strange level 400 yellow crafting mat for god knows what)

In every boss chest I got 2-3 greens even on the maw chest.

This happened today and yesterday the same. Just total craploot. I went out with approximately 1 gold for the whole dungeon run. It feels really lacking in reward currently doing the higher levels for me. I see all other players getting tons of yellows and exos and they startet to joke abit about my really strange bad luck.

I tried using mf food + banner and none at all. Same crap.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

After the reset i got a message i havent seen for months, bags full. Ok it was greens blues whites and trash but after months of filling the first two bags if i was lucky it made me realise how little now dropped even of junk.

I have the sad feeling that like others my DR reset with the servers the flood of items worth 1s will end and i will continue to be punished for logging in each day for the daily.

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Punishment is a good word. It does feel as though one is being punished. I enjoy the challenge of tough areas like Orr and dungeons, but that toughness has to be tempered with reward, otherwise what’s the point? As I said, I enjoy the challenge of tough areas, but have reverted to map clearing as it’s more enjoyable given the returns. If I’m clearing a 1-15 area, I expect crap for my returns, so there isn’t that sense of constant disappointment which allows me to enjoy the content more. It’s not how I’d like to be playing the game, but it’s the best option for me at the moment. It’s kind of sad really.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I am reposting this here for everyone to read since the thread i made earlier was merged into a thread that i would definitely not want to post in.

Pattern one – “The Classic”
Consider a possible farming scenario for 1 player farming in a single High Level Location:
First 30 min: Normal loot drop rate
1 hour in: Normal loot drop rate
1 hour 15 min in: Loot drop rate reduced so drastically that i cant give it a percentage, but almost surely by more than 75%
*Remark – The time this happens is not constant. And it literally shuts your loot down with an on/off switch.

Pattern Two – “The Lucky Guy/Girl”
Consider a Scenario for 5 players farming in a single High Level Location.
Players 1-5 kill the same mobs, dealing approximately the same damage, both with the same % of MF. We can assume they are either solo or in a good damage dealing group.
Player 1 gets 10 rares in 2 hours. Players 2-5 gets 1 rare in 4 hours.
*Remark: It is statistically near impossible to have such a scenario occur when probabilistic formulas are not tampered with. This is the lucky day scenario when your luck is ON or OFF for several hours at a time. It happens consistently in inconsistent time intervals.

Pattern Three – “A Timely Reset”
Server restarts…Players farm for 1-2 hours and experience drop rates, equal than or better than the pre november 15 patch. After that, Pattern One kicks in.
*Remark: This is an observation for now, one that i would rather gather more data before i cal it a scenario.

Pattern Four – “Taking a Break”
Assume Pattern 1 occurs. A player may decide to take a break to supposedly clear the DR timer. Player returns back to the same area after 1-2 hours. Rather inconsistently, the drop rates may or may not improve.
*Remark: None

Pattern Five – “Moving around”
Assume Pattern 1 occurs. A player may decide to switch to a zone to supposedly clear the DR timer. Player experiences absolutely no change. DR is present and well and there is still an influx of gray quality drops, just like before moving around.
*Remark: None

General Notes:
- Drop rates for Materials seems unaffected.
- Loot bags seem unaffected.
-The DR in its core is implemented in much a way that it is statistically near impossible to understand. There are multiple patterns that explain when it is present but they just don’t add up to be a feature. Its behavior is in fact and in my opinion like a BUG.

Take everything you see above with a grain of salt, as none of it has any math to back it up. If you observe any more DR patterns, feel free to post them

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Death Reincarnated.3570

Well guys, I decided to go with ANet’s motto – “Guild Wars 2 is a game about freedom. We want you to be able to explore the world and engage in a huge variety of activities, focusing on whatever best suits your tastes.” (Jon Peters)

By that, I mean explore tyria – so farm across zones, keep moving about.

Over 4-5 hours of gameplay, interstingly, the loot quality kept up on par. I did receive three rares but they weren’t weapons or armor. It was a Molten Lodestone an, Opal Orb AND A WHITE GOLD DYE (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/White_Gold_Dye). The rest was 10-13 greens, while blues and whites were quite on par.

I think that the above quote really does imply – you want decent/better loot quality, you need to keep moving about (i.e. explore). You may farm but not in the one spot.

There are, however, issues still surrounding this as JonPeters, Game Deisgner stated (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Let-s-Start-the-Karma-DR-Dialogue/page/5#post338355). It would seem that the way this is implemented takes into account how the DR cutoff works based on, perhaps, number of players in zones, time spent in zone per player and as whole. There are definitely several factors playing here…the question is what are they?

Do not click this link!

(edited by Death Reincarnated.3570)

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

Since the Karka event, I have logged around 100 hours of playtime, all of this has been spent in FotM, Dungeons, Claw of Jormag, or straight of Farming.

Exotics to date – 1, last night in the Tixx chest, previous exotic was Karka Chest
Rares to date – 8 roughly all have been from non boss types in FotM, none from Chests
Greens and Blues – Alot at a steady rate, but they are nothing more than salvage fodder with hopes of a decent sigil or rune, that or luck in MF combining them.

My biggest gripe is chests and RNG, as example a Guild member and I ran the Halloween dungeon together 20+ times, I got 1 exotic out of it, he got 6, along with dye kits, rares, etc. I got the 1 exotic, blues and greens.

Eldiora.5836

2 more fractal runs, level 26 and level 30. Total yellows: 2 (1 each in the maw chest) + 2 putrid essences (please remove those from the loot table, PLEASE)

Also a kitten ton of darkened claws and other assorted grey crap

This was after at least a 12 hour break from the game for sleep and food and work.

I hate feeling like I am under complete and unending diminishing returns without any light at the end of the road that I wll ever get any decent loot for my time.

Navi.7142

Well, that means it doesn’t only affect openworld pve, much more it also affects dungeons?

Since when?

We already knew the issue with loot/ DR for pve content, but I always thought players doing fractals or dungeons will nearly automatically receive good loot (compared to openworld).

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I hate feeling like I am under complete and unending diminishing returns without any light at the end of the road that I wll ever get any decent loot for my time.

Don’t worry its not just you :P
This demon DR is worse than the undead mobs in Orr. Follows you endlessly. I’ve just started doing fractals – atleast one per day. Got one crystal core 2 days ago, and rest all greens and blues from mobs and chest. Same results for every other fractal – no cores/lodestones or anything of rare/exotic quality. Nothing seems to have changed with last patch. God knows what’s happening in Orr, as I find it mostly deserted due to reduced drops and not sure how I’m supposed to get charged lodestones for my legendary. Sure legendary should be a time-consuming task and must have lots of effort involved, which many of us aiming for those are putting in. But controlling a player’s playstyle (DR if you farm in same area, or if you do something else that Anet doesn’t want you to do, even if its not an exploit or hack or whatever), RNG and all this luck-kitten is pathetic, nothing legendary about it. Make it the most difficult objective, not the most impossible one. Leveling up my alts also has become an issue. I’d love for Anet to come out with an official statement as to how it wants the players to play the game with bullet points – 1)you cannot farm for more than 5mins, 2) you must pour lots of money into gemshop, 3) you shall not complain on forums, etc.

Just a request to Anet regarding this thread, in some famous words:

“Say yes, atleast say hello”!

Pls don’t turn a blind eye to your players.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

got two exotics in about 1h 40 minutes of farming onyx lodestones in malchor’s. Never ever got a single one before today and that’s two in under 2h… dunno if drops were increased or just random luck but i do farm there frequently enough and never seen one dropped.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Was that off the earth elemental a at the bottom right of map?

I only did fractals (three instances) and tixx, got one exotic, five rare, one lodestone. Needless to say, the loot in the dungeons is just fine. Now open world seems to be hit or miss.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

For me even dungeon loot seems to be based off pure luck. The other day my guildie got Ogden’s mask from Tixx chest in The Grove. I got only one rare from some random drop. I don’t really have to exaggerate here. I have never played WoW or any other MMO to try to throw dirt on GW2. I love the game but don’t like the lack of freedom in doing what we want. I only ever got just one exotic as a drop from some random risen spider in CS. That’s it. All others have been map rewards or Mystic Forge random crafts.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I personally think some people have DR stuck on their account, I see too many people, myself included, getting decent loot to believe it is game wide. I do think it is a huge problem that needs at least a ’we’re looking into it’ response in this thread.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Yes it was the bottom earth eles. Also, yesterday i got 7 rares, 2 exotics (one drop and 1 fractal rifle), 2 mist shards, 1 core and 1 molten lodestone in one daily 30. I don’t think i ever got that many stuff from fotm and i have around 355 fractals done.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Death Reincarnated.3570

Those who have gotten decent loot – was this after doing an activity other than the usual one? Anything different in these cases?

There is definitely a time factor in here with respect to how many players are where and doign what. I doubt that ANet has specified everyone with their unique DR/RNG value lol – this would be too tedious.

Do not click this link!

Aelaren.3784

Needless to say, the loot in the dungeons is just fine. Now open world seems to be hit or miss.

Did CoF yesterday, up to three rares for each of the other people in party, none for me…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

My newest issue is that the bags drop T6 mats sure but getting bags to drop off the mobs they intended has been a pain, why can’t they just make it like it was and find another way to deal with bots, they succeeded at detecting them and banning them, why continue this mess.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Aelaren.3784

DR has nothing, i repeat, absolutely NOTHING to do with dealing with bots. Bots can be set to teleport every 15 minutes between a number of locations, they never hit any sort of DR. The only ones it is affecting atm are real players unlycky enough to spend more than half an hour in game.

Eldiora.5836

Did another run of Fractals level 30.

Exactly 1 yellow which was a magma core from the boss chest, the other drops were in every single chest 2 green 1 blue.

For 2 hours time invested to get trough this its simply stupid and disheartening to only receive 1 small core and nothing else. Of course no ring or fractal skin. That would be something nice too which I cant seem to get.

I have seriously enough with this crappy Random crap. Its not random, its simply only bad loot for me every run, every time. It doesnt matter if I run with MF or without, its always the same bad stuff, 2 green 1 blue and either a putrid essence or some core from maw out of every kitten chest in fractals for the last 3 days on level 30 and 26.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

To date, Ive ever only gotten one exotic as a drop from open world or a chest, even fotm or dungeons (karka chest and halloween event chests excluded) and very few rares (rare mats excluded). My very first exotic drop was from a random mob in malchors leap yesterday after playing normally (was exploring, doing events I ran across and personal story) for three hours The rest ranged from junk to greens.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Death Reincarnated.3570

OMG I just got my first exotic weapon – dropped from a mob IN THE STORY MODE in Orr!

I did manage to get another 2 rares. They weren’t weapons – a medallion and an opal. Another 6-8 greens and good ratio between blues/whites. I made ~1.5G and done all this in ~3hours of gameplay.

Either I have struck luck in the past few days or I’m doing what ANet “advised” us to do.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Since the dreaded no-loot-patch, I hadn’t gotten anything notable in weeks. But suddenly, since lsat week, I’m consistently getting rares, and I’ve actually gotten 2-3 exotics off chests in dungeons. In a 4 hours gw2 night, I make off with 2 rares, and the still rare exotic, but at least I found some.

It just “came back” suddenly…

Bartas.4908

Since the dreaded no-loot-patch, I hadn’t gotten anything notable in weeks. But suddenly, since lsat week, I’m consistently getting rares, and I’ve actually gotten 2-3 exotics off chests in dungeons. In a 4 hours gw2 night, I make off with 2 rares, and the still rare exotic, but at least I found some.

It just “came back” suddenly…

I had a streak of 3 rares 2 days ago but since then… Porous Bones…

Proud member of [BOO]

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

I’ve actually gotten 2-3 exotics off chests in dungeons.

the problem is that we talk here about the loot in open world…not dungeons where drops are fine.

PowerCat.5738

Well then I’ve been experiencing dungeon-quality loot since before and after the november patch, and I can tell you for a fact that there was a difference after november (lower), and there is a difference now (seems higher).

But it’s still not very good. There should be a guaranteed rare or exotic at the end of a dungeon.

Bartas.4908

by “now” you mean last day/two?

Proud member of [BOO]

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

The loot drop tables have not yet been restored to pre-15th November values, that is for sure (I check everyday for at least 4 hours).

They slightly increased the yellow/green/blue/white drop rate but exotics still got the heavy nerf bat. They are testing in the background to see when we stop complaining without having to go back to pre-15th November loot drop tables.

The gem shop needs to keep pumping…no matter what.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Bartas.4908

funny thing is that someone is moderating/merging threads like this so at least one ANet employee knows about this. Is it so hard to get any kind of response?

Proud member of [BOO]

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Well..I’m kitten as **** right now. I’ve farmed for like 3 or 4 hours today(not straight, took some breaks) and I haven’t gotten a SINGLE rare. On top of that, my game decided to go crazy and I’ve been getting either a black screen every 15-20 minutes or getting disconnected. Just awesome! :P

Mala.3861

The loot drop tables have not yet been restored to pre-15th November values, that is for sure (I check everyday for at least 4 hours).

They slightly increased the yellow/green/blue/white drop rate but exotics still got the heavy nerf bat. They are testing in the background to see when we stop complaining without having to go back to pre-15th November loot drop tables.

The thing is with pre-Nov 15 drop rates, I’d still be spending money in the gem shop. Instead, I am holding tight to my RL cash. This is like the cable company cutting my channels down to four and expecting me to spend extra money on their reduced service. Seriously?

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

1143 posts
0 answers

But they’re moderating this thread heavily.

You know which shop “pumps” quite a lot? League of Legends’ one. But they don’t have a pay-2-win model.
Ask yourself why.

Ath.2531

Support my thread on us, the community asking for more communication
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/We-your-community-need-more-communication/first#post1050195
Please keep it constructive if you do.

Piken Square, EU

Posted by: tpriel.8517

tpriel.8517

i keep hoping that guild cast on gamebreaker will cover this i know they have friends within Anet that that love this game as much as we do

i dont know how long i can sustain this feeling of punishment just lving alts is not rewarding at all (no upgrades unless i craft them)

but the worse feeling in not getting any response on what the dev intend our play experience to be ……this really is not the game i bought
I still really like it but would like some insight on on how Anet want to keep me logging in
as it is now starting to spend more time here on the forums than playing because I’m so frustrated not makeing any kind of headway

Mala.3861

Well, it isnt very comforting that Mr Whiteside can take time to communicate about communicating but we can’t get ANYthing about this issue which has been going on since mid-November.

I don’t know what else we have to do to at least get a response about this problem. I am not wanting another AMA. I am still waiting for further information which the last one seemed to imply would be forthcoming.

Ath.2531

Well, it isnt very comforting that Mr Whiteside can take time to communicate about communicating but we can’t get ANYthing about this issue which has been going on since mid-November.

I don’t know what else we have to do to at least get a response about this problem. I am not wanting another AMA. I am still waiting for further information which the last one seemed to imply would be forthcoming.

We’ve gotten a response that they are listening and that that there is an AMA on the way. I am confident that It is quite expected by them by now that half the AMA will be about loot.

There is doubtfully any way for them to dodge a question like this. I think we can rest assured that there will me more light on this issue soon.

Piken Square, EU

PowerCat.5738

We’ve gotten a response that they are listening and that that there is an AMA on the way. I am confident that It is quite expected by them by now that half the AMA will be about loot.

There is doubtfully any way for them to dodge a question like this. I think we can rest assured that there will me more light on this issue soon.

The problem is that anyone who’s not a “hardcore gamer” or has never played enough, or started the game after the loot nerf will never know about this.

So if they keep ignoring it, eventually we’ll shut up, and the new players will never know how it used to be, and will just consider the low drops as “normal”.

Don’t let this thread die, the info needs to be known and we want to know!

Ath.2531

The problem is that anyone who’s not a “hardcore gamer” or has never played enough, or started the game after the loot nerf will never know about this.

So if they keep ignoring it, eventually we’ll shut up, and the new players will never know how it used to be, and will just consider the low drops as “normal”.

Don’t let this thread die, the info needs to be known and we want to know!

“Thoughts unspoken have the tendency to multiply” – Unknown proverb

And let me give you an example of how player comments look on the forums:

Week 1: We have a loot issue. Please hear us Anet!
Week 2: Anet doesnt care about us! Still having loot issue
Week 3: Anet is a greedy company leading us to the Gem store
Week 4: Anet is an Evil Secret Society planning to conquer the planet with alien Technology
Week 5: Thank you Anet, all my issues are fixed!

All joking aside, Whether the thread dies or not is irrelevant at this point. A 20+ page topic is something Anet staff discusses most likely every day in the office.

Piken Square, EU