Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I think there are minimum two bugs, one that did reduce loot/ drops instead of increasing and the second one that mf does not work properly.

Posted by: Arcarius.6148

Arcarius.6148

Any news on when this is going to be fixed? FOTM drop rates seem to be ok but orr is a joke, 90% of the enemies dont even drop anything and what they do drop is trophies and blues.

Tried with mf on and off and off seems to be slighty better.

I farmed for 5 hours over 2 days and havent had one rare drop. Before the patch i was getting several an hour.
Also the ecto rate from rare seems to have halved.

This needs fixing asap

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well the further i get into testing each different scenario the more I’m convinced this is a bug because it truly is the exact opposite of the patch notes. I know everyone is away for the holidays but i hope this gets flagged and dealt with Monday. The more detailed the information the better so i encourage others to post their findings and keep this bug visible.

I hope people have reported this then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Navi.7142

Why was this moved to the tech support forum?

It has nothing to do with our computer or hardware.

Navi.7142

They moved the other thread from bug forum to tech support forum. I am not sure what’s going on?

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

I’m also experiencing this. Massive decrese in drops from all types of mobs. Most things i kill don’t drop anything at all and the ones that drop give low quality items (Trophys, Whites, Blues…Greens if i’m extra lucky!)

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Why was this moved to the tech support forum?

It has nothing to do with our computer or hardware.

This the $64,000 question. I don’t understand the reasoning either. I think the moderator who moved it did NOT read it or if they did, they certainly misunderstood the discussion involved.

Navi.7142

Maybe they misread the title from drop rates to frame rates..
……

Navi.7142

or even dropped frame rates

No, we are NOT talking about fps, we are talking about looooooooooot!

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

I’ve never been very lucky with drop rates (only get a few greens upon map or dungeon completion) but, yes, since the event I have had even worse drop rates. -_-

And I’ve spent quite a bit in the gem store, so that’s not related in the slightest.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

(edited by Voonith.2561)

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Nov 15th patch said they were to assure drops from veterans/champions. They haven’t. We really need a reply from them on this. People are leaving the game in droves atm.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Not sure which thread you are referring to but this isn’t something that will go unnoticed, not everyone is hanging out in the Fractal dungeons. I’ve also tested with MF and straight gear with no discernible difference.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Nov 15th patch said they were to assure drops from veterans/champions. They haven’t. We really need a reply from them on this. People are leaving the game in droves atm.

Yes, I saw that but drops just got worse after that patch. Still no answer and even Magic find is not working now…seems a lot of loot bugs at the same time but cannot understand why.

Navi.7142

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

They be on vacation :p

Maybe we can categorise the drops we get out of one area. That way we have some more concrete data to support our claims? I dunno.

Also I am completely convinced dungeons use different drop tables. (vets/bosses have wondrous goods and all)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Vlad Morbius.1759

Well that makes absolutely no sense at all, this has nothing to do with hardware at all and is obviously as i said previously a bug of some sort because the pattern is the exact opposite to the patch notes. This most certainly has nothing to do with their hardware or anyone’s for that matter, that being said i would appreciate the thread being left here for the Dev’s to see on Monday.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I ran fractals today at noon and got a full bag of loot.

Then I ran fractals after midnight and got hardly half of my bag. And then got 1 (just one!) masterwork item from grand chest in jp.

Was there some ninja drop nerf? Because I asked around and people seem to have similar low drops recently.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Am seriously considering going back to WoW, at least there the mechanics are consistant and they don’t punish people for grinding the mats they need for high level crafting.

I think the Dev’s have always been a bit Skitzoid on this issue, they put anti-farming software into GW1 and then have everyone chase the HOM, not to mention the weekly round of Farming for whatever Nic is collecting; (Which btw i love, I am a dedicated Nic Chaser.) So I am not complaining about Nic or HOM or chasing mats in GW2; but I do wish the Dev’s would put down their money and make a choice; be it in GW1 or GW2 if you don’t want people farming, don’t implement in game goals that require the player to farm; I you want players to persue prestige items that require some grinding dont punish us for farming.

Come’on Dev’s Pays your Money and make a choice. Is that unreasonable?

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Posted by: tassadarpaladin.9610

tassadarpaladin.9610

Feel the same after the Nov. patch. The drop rate decreased a lot so i need to farm more time to get stuff i need (most are crafting Materials) and this makes me feel boring. Sometimes i just log on the game kill a dragon then log off.

In my personal opinion, maybe the devs want us to just buy the gem card, trade them into gold and shop anything you need from TP.

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Yeah, pretty much nerfing any form of money making so you have to buy gems and convert if you want to achieve anything. Getting very annoyed as well…but I suppose that’s why I listed a few other video games on my X-Mas list, as well as reinstalled a few I need to finish.

I do think tassadarpaladin is onto something with that gem card/shop the TP viewpoint…

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

Posted by: diablo.8679

diablo.8679

Read this it will illuminate what is going on with gw2 after the patch http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Meleagar/112012/24237_NCSoft-Sold-Arenanet-and-GW2-Out-For-Nexon-Investment this person was hired to adjust game to push people to buy from cash shop and transform game to the standard f2p pay to win model nexon is known for.

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

I’ve noticed a reduced drop rate from mobs in explorable and world bosses as well. Then again the dungeon drops and dungeon chests seem to be bumped like they said in the update notes. I don’t really think that the decreased drop rate was unintentional and honestly I feel like this game is leading us more and more to play the content that ANet wants us to play (cattle style). If anyone else can find a better explanation for the increased dungeons/decreased world drops I’d like to hear it.

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I have noticed a decrease in loot quality out in the open world… that includes Champion mobs etc.

What I have also noticed however, is improved loot in both Dungeons and WvW loot (in WvW I’m getting more rares and even exotics now).

So I guess there may be a bug with open world loot at the moment. I’m not 100% sure on that tough.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It used to be that without magic find I was getting about 5 greens and a gold per three hour period of high level play. Since the announcement referred to, I have gotten 3 greens and no golds in over 15 hours of high level play. Even the amount of blues has dropped significantly (not that they are really worth anything).

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

I hope some moderator jump in and say if they are aware of this , or if it’s on purpose or what.
I mean patch notes were just the opposite as we already said here, so I guess must be a bug.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

They’re called stealth nerfs for a reason. This is probably the third thread of this nature I saw since the last update. I’m not sure what happened to the other ones (died/deleted) but I’m fairly sure that this one will share the same fate. No one bothered to answer before and I’m fairly sure no one will answer this time either.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Well, I know what’s a stealth nerf, but , you cant say we have improved loot and do just the opposite.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

We just need more people posting this issue. A lot of the people havent even noticed because they have been playing FOTM where the droprate for rare/exotic seems to be increased.
Once people head back to doing events like grenth in cursed shore they will see that the rare loot and even the loot in general has gotten a lot worse.
Also i have noticed that the mf doesnt quite work as intented anymore (but this is hard to proof).
Aslong as we keep this post up the devs will either have to answer it or they will shut it/delete but we will both have our answer if its intented or not.

Posted by: Snores.7806

Snores.7806

I was about to start my own thread about this problem. WTF happened to the drop rates?! I took a month off to play some other things, came back a week ago after I heard about the Karka event (don’t get me started on that travesty),and theres nothing but vendor trash dropping.
Really Anet ? I’m only lvl65 and there’s been a distinct nerf in drops since I started playing. There was a problem with DR after your wonderful “Punishing the Bots” patch that ended up punishing all your legitimate customers too. You have either made the same mistake twice, or this is deliberate. If you’re planning to nickel and dime your customer base like this I’m honestly done.

Sort it out.

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Why has this been moved to Technical Support. This has nothing to do with this forum ?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

“Hey, you know that thing where we promised better drops? We lied!”

Nah, Im pretty sure its a bug. Hope it gets fixed asap.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Vlad Morbius.1759

If anyone has a Reddit account, perhaps this can be added to the list of questions for the Monday chat with C.W. considering loot is the basis for everything from money to crafting to gearing the effects will be wide spread until this bug gets fixed.

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Moreover, whether loot change was intentional or not, at the moment the only viable method of acquiring money is to do FotM. Or at least this way is superior over farming Orr which definitely forces us to play certain way to get profit.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

It is still happening.

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

Yeah, hope this is a bug and is fixed as fast as possible. I can understand that it can’t be fixed instant because of us holiday/thanksgiving but don’t forget how fast the Dye bug was fixed when it was in our favor :p

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I’ve been trying to say there was an issue with Magic Find for a while, I get lower drop rate and less white/blue/green but an increase in fines and items that give crafting mats. Coin wise I am better off without MF.

As for drop rates, I’ve always had bad drop rates compared to others who I group with, and I’ve spent more real $$$ on gems than they have, so that rules out ANet playing favorates towards real money gem buyers. Today and tonight I’ve been grinding in Cursed Shore trying to get yellows to salvage for ectos so I can make my armor, but in over 13 hours of game play I only ended up with 16 ectos from about 9 yellows thanks to BL salvage kits. in that time I managed to make about 6.5G from merched items and about 3G from TP’d items (included a stack of Large Bones since I was getting lots of them)

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Now that you mention it, I dont think I’ve been getting loot from killing vets, or champions in Cursed Shore. If I have then its not very often and usually merch trash.

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

Just hit my 2nd 80, and the only way I can make decent cash to get at least exotically geared up seems to be dub vee dub.

Maybe shouldn’t have made that public..

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

I have been trying to figure out how this could not be a mistake that happened when they upped the champion drop rates. I just don’t see what Anet gains from nerfing the drops on everything but the FoTM. Surely driving people to buy gems doesn’t help the players get the gear they want, we would just stop playing the game.

As for the drop rates on champs being increased we seem to leave out the part that says “in certain areas of the world” Well that could be anywhere and it is obvious that no one here has found one of those areas. Perhaps they are in low level areas, so as to encourage higher level players to populate them and benefit the low level players by killing the harder npcs in our hunt for loot.

I don’t know, really can’t put my finger on it. I do know this though, the loot drops as is, are not worth the time because they have absolutely stunted my progress to the point that I am not making any progress.

I may look around for some of these “certain areas” and see what’s there.
If anyone finds one themselves how about letting the rest of us know.

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

When the patch first released, I killed 3 lvl 7 jotun and got 3 lvl 80 rares. My luck is just the opposite of yours

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

When the patch first released, I killed 3 lvl 7 jotun and got 3 lvl 80 rares. My luck is just the opposite of yours

yes and they fixed that bugged drops in the next update because ppl were getting huge amounts of rares even from low level mobs….the fix was so good so that now mobs dont drop rares anymore rofl…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I am very concerned about the change in loot parameters since the event patch.

As an example, I did several champions and a dozen events over a 3 hour period and the best piece of loot I received was a green torch with the vast majority being white junk items and a couple blues. Two of the champions failed to drop any loot at all which is completely opposite of the patch notes;

“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Perhaps it was an unintentional side effect to the adjustments made regardless this is my main concern;

This for the most part even goes directly against the comments made by Chris Whiteside’s latest response to the addition of ascended gear as quoted below;

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."
Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director”

In the end I guess my question really boils down to this;
Is the downgrading in open world loot whether intended or accidental going to be re-adjusted so those of us who prefer open world content either solo duo or in whatever fashion can continue to remain competitive?

I’ve been experiencing this for about a month now actually. It started at the beginning of the month for me where I was getting about 4-5 rares a week that suddenly dropped to nothing. Then i played my low level toon I suddenly noticed all sorts of drops (who didn’t have mf on btw). I was getting dyes like crazy for about a week. Then suddenly they made a patch to take that away and make it harder to find dyes.

Ever since these three adjustments to loot I’ve gotten nothing in the way of rares, the last one dropped the rare drop rate to 0 for me entirely cutting off any horizontal progress (ie crafting).

I would like an answer to this as well. I’ve reported them as bugs, posted in this forum for over a week now, and asked for help from support on the subject. All to no avail.

Q: Please issue a statement on what you plan on doing about the horrible drop rates, the DR (since you can detect bots it’s no longer needed as a deterrent) , and how MF does not seem to work in open world drops any longer!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Cromag.7195

Cromag.7195

So, I just did the Arah event chain in Cursed Shore. No veteran dropped anything, no champion dropped any loot. Some blue items on regular mobs, no t6 mats and masses of porous bones. I thought the patch said, they raised the chance for rare loot and champions should drop a least something?

Something is seriously wrong.

(edited by Cromag.7195)

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

Same issue here, loot is horrible open world but when I ran my first fractal 3 rares and an exotic. Go figure.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

I get a ton of porous bones… Other drops are usually just blue or junk. But at least I have a lot of porous bones -.-

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

I think I was on that same Arah event run, total loot?

Three blues and a level 65 Medallion of the Traveller. Plenty of junk bones though.

tigirius.9014

I think I was on that same Arah event run, total loot?

Three blues and a level 65 Medallion of the Traveller. Plenty of junk bones though.

That’s been my experience in Orr all over. It’s like they want us to only do fractals. Not all of us are dungeoneers Anet, you know that because you attracted us to your game prior to launch.

Please fix the drop rates and remove DR asap! thanks.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

The only uptick I have seen from champions are whites and blues and maybe a rare drop of green.

Again champs seem still fairly worthless to kill.

tigirius.9014

Weird to find this here but okay.

I wouldn’t think that a function that’s typically server side has anything to do with the client or hardware.

The drop rates, DR, and magic find have been broken for about a month now, but recently since before them adjusting + – the undiscovered dyes there’s been a marked absense of any rare drops.

What’s worse is that even the globs of ectoplasm have completely been disabled. My last attempt of getting any rares involved combining 4 level 65 godskull rares in the mystic forge to get a level 70+ rare to salvage. I used their BTC salvage kit that one normally buys with real money, and out of 4 rares I got 0 globs.

Magic find doesn’t do a single thing for drops. before this last patch I got worse and worse scale drops (if everything stacks I would have 278% I’m guessing since there’s no indication online or in game of how this works.) and I would get nothing or greys. with this newest patch (the one that added infused armors and the fractal dungeon) I get nothing but blues now. But if my mf increases in the slightest (like if someone in the guild turns on MF guild buff the one for three days) suddenly I get greys again.

I’ve gone over the math and the drop rate of rares (the only way people can get globs btw) has dropped to nothing, the only way people can progress now is to run a dungeon because that’s the only place anything drops and even that is dropped to almost nil even with mf, can’t buy nothing from the karma vendors at the temples because no one is clearing them out.

Oh well guess I’ll wait for enough people to drop the game and their profits drop enough to actually take action once more, the only time it seems to make any difference.

We can post and post and post about it but usually the only way to get these execs who demand these things from the devs ( demand that they force us to buy more from the store or buy gold by making it impossible to progress any other way), [the only way to get those who demand these things from the devs] is to hit them in the pocket. Once that occurs we’ll see a complete redux and return to the manifesto 100%.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ve noticed both the loot quality dropped and frequency have drastically been reduced which prompted me to go looking on the forums to see if I was doing something wrong or whatever.

I wondered honestly how I could go from throwing on a MF set (with a boost) for over 130% MF and finding a dozen rares in an hours time of doing constant chain events to: Finding 75% less drops over all, no rares, very little greens, as well as, champions and veterans not dropping anything even despite doing over 10% damage to them.

Glad it’s not something I was doing, there had to have been some sort of stealth nerf across the board or an un-intended change.