Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dumah.9612

Dumah.9612

I farmed the never-ending fort construction event at the penitent way point and noticed a significant increase in my rares. I farm in 30 minutes chunks (the duration of 1 omni-bar). I received between 2-4 rares every 30 minutes with 170 mf. As a warrior using a GS and Dual Axes, I can tag everything.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I farmed the never-ending fort construction event at the penitent way point and noticed a significant increase in my rares. I farm in 30 minutes chunks (the duration of 1 omni-bar). I received between 2-4 rares every 30 minutes with 170 mf. As a warrior using a GS and Dual Axes, I can tag everything.

Then you are one of the lucky ones, I haven’t seen a rare/exotic in days. 12 hours of solid farming a couple of days ago I saw only 9 rares from doing the jofast/shelter/pent run. Ended up giving up and just buying the ectos I needed.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

We have only gotten 1 exotic since the patch and that was on Jormag. As for normal loot, we have not seen anything including a rare on any normal level 80 content which includes events, champions and veterans. I don’t know how else to explain this except as a bug because it clearly is not working as intended and unfortunately nobody that can comment can be bothered it seems.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Dumah.9612

Dumah.9612

I also make rare armor from the bones and venom sacks that drop in abundance. People should try out the never-ending fort construction project over in penitent. Prior to this, I too was getting awful drops.

wildcode.5403

Someone finally got a response from Chris Whiteside about this issue, hopefully we will hear about it soon.

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

“Hi Sin,

So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon.

Chris"

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/c77co1g?context=3

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

wildcode.5403

Just by that statement alone it is definely bugged cause I haven’t gotten loot from vets and champs since the patch on Nov 15.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Please everyone realize there will be no response here and the rates were actually nerfed when they stated they woukd increase them.

Everyday it is becoming more and more evident to me and players across Tyria that Anet does not give a kitten whether you play or not. They will push this game in whatever direction they want regardless of what they said they were going to do.

Just watch and analyze everything they do. Its screaming downfall of gw2.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

there’s a patch tomorrow?

Here’s hoping things are tweeked. I’d settle for back to ‘normal’.

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Normal is better than worse than normal of course, but I hope they fix so that it works as intended as in the lost shores patch notes. Lets hope they issue a fix for this asap. A hotfix wouldnt be uncalled for.. I mean they did that for the dye droprates (although the dye droprates probably were hurting their gemstore sales of dyes).

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Drop rates are WAY worse for me too.

And they never been so good to start with, to be honest.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Same here. For the last week, it’s been one gold drop per hour, max, while PVE’ing in the open world. With 120% magic find.

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

They did: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/c77co1g?context=3

Unfortunately all they referred to was Veterans and Champions. So most likely expect that the rest of the mobs will keep having reduced drops. Ain’t that great…

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

“Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops”

Well, the first day or two before I ever came here and posted, I also thought it was just perceived. However, after more than a week and everyone else’s input, I can say perception IS reality.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

This bug is making lvling charactors a little harder when using drops to upgrade weapons and armor. I played for 10 hours today with one of my lower levels and in that time was only able to upgrade 3 items from drops. Also lower drops means less to sell to merchant so less cash meaning my charactor is at lvl32 and is still unable to afford the lvl30 trait book despite only using cash for repairs. 3 other charactors I leveled to 80 before the bug had more than enough cash to buy the lvl30 and lvl60 trait books at lvl30.

They’re definitely going to have to correct this. Locking the gold away in dungeons is no smarter than locking the best gear away.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Vlad Morbius.1759

There is no possible way anyone can tell me this is a perceived loot problem because I and others have spent countless hours testing this in all manners and across all open world content. Secondly there is no doubt that vets and champs are not dropping good loot and in most cases any loot at all which is unarguably the opposite of the notes. Please stick to your word and follow through with this investigation as soon as possible so those of us who don’t enjoy dungeons aren’t penalized or left at a terrible disadvantage going forward.

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

Champs drop nothing or junk. Not even a Masterwork quality item since the patch. I get better loot off random humanoids than any Champion I’ve downed.

Now, Champs that have a chest as a reward, that seems to be better ratio – in those cases I’ve gotten Masterwork items, but not anything worth selling or using.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

i think they will make changes if the metrics show that the drop rates are incorrect or messed up. I think the issue is that GW2 is not as agile as Gw1..changes seem to take longer and people are used to more consistent updates.

Vlad Morbius.1759

Do we have any information on this issue yet? Was this discussed and is it indeed a bug?

“Hi Sin,

So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon.

Chris"

wildcode.5403

Please everyone realize there will be no response here and the rates were actually nerfed when they stated they woukd increase them.

Everyday it is becoming more and more evident to me and players across Tyria that Anet does not give a kitten whether you play or not. They will push this game in whatever direction they want regardless of what they said they were going to do.

Just watch and analyze everything they do. Its screaming downfall of gw2.

Part of the problem is that this thread, and others, was moved from the bugs forum early in its life, so the people who needed to see it weren’t seeing it. I am pretty sure the dev team didn’t know about it until a few of us were asking questions about it in the AMA which is why Chris said he would be discussing it in depth with the Production and Design team. He also stated later that there needed to be better communication between dev team and the community, I can’t help think that this was on his mind at the time.

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

The only time I ever get decent drop rates is during the Gates of Arah event chain when it restarts fully. I generally get decent loot from other events, but well, it seems a lot of events are bugged throughout Orr thus no event kills and no loot. Solo farming has gotten to the point of being stupid. I get a lootable corpse maybe every 10 creatures (rarely every 5) killed, which is stupid.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

wildcode.5403

“Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops”

Well, the first day or two before I ever came here and posted, I also thought it was just perceived. However, after more than a week and everyone else’s input, I can say perception IS reality.

I can understand why he said percieved. The drops could of been more stackable items so it looked like you were getting less when checking inv. I investigated this myself early on and it definitely was not percieved, but yes I did note I was getting more % stackable items, but overall I was also getting less items in my experience. It is affecting ALL my characters of different levels in different parts of the game, including drops in dungeons and WvW, even more evident with low level characters not having as much money at certain levels as other charactors I leveled prior to this loot bug. And yes champs and vets hardly dropping anything, and if they ever do drop anything (extremely rare) its usually junk or a low quality item.

I can’t help think that instead of the Nov 15 patch increasing the quality of loot for champs and vets, it decreased quality for everything, and lowered drop rates. This observation is based on my experience of drops from champs/vets being extremely rare, drops from mobs (when spamming grenades) being low despite being in a party, and loot quality being more alot more (% wise) junk, crafting mats, and items that result in crafting mats than observations made prior to Nov 15 patch when investigating magic find.

This bug also exposes even more that magic find lowers drop rates as you definitely notice the lower amount more when you switch between no MF and MF gear. This occured prior to the Nov 15 patch (about a 26% lower drop rate) but the lower drop rates overall since then has made it more noticable.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I also had a very bad loot run today, couple hours in Orr. Over 50 porous bones, no green and went on a run of about 30 kills with no loot at all. Also a lot of events are bugged. Ante please look into these issues.

Vlad Morbius.1759

I would recommend that anyone else having loot issues keep this as their information thread as it has most of the comments made regarding the issue as well as statement made by Chris W. during the AMA. This will also reduce the need to make more of these and keep it on the first page to ensure that action is taken as soon as possible, thanks.

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

I really want a response. The only thing I’m doing now is grinding out a legendary. If rare drops have been nerfed for good I dont see myself putting even more time into something that required a ton of time to begin with. Rares gave me a sense of reward for farming events. No rares = no fun for me= no more Gw2 which would be sad

wildcode.5403

to better illistrate the problem I am having … I have been playing for about 2 hours, done some hearts and events that require killing, killed along the way to next event/heart, killed a couple of vets and a champion.

this is what I have aquired from drops,
2 blue items to merch
12 craftables or items that result in craftables
29 junk items
… that is all.

If this bug was in our favor they would of hot patched it by now

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

Indeed, this should be fixed instantly. This is one of the reasons the ecto prices has gone up aswell. With the Dye drop issue they saw it immediatly and fixed it within a day of two. Strange that when its not in our favor there still hasnt been a hotfix

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Im starting to get kind of pissed due to the fact that they havent said anything about it yet, apart from that little tidbit at the AMA. You’d think that they would prioritize something as important as this..

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Well, if you ask me first thing they should fix asap it’s the fractals d/c bug, and after that I hope they look after this.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

I would prefer if this topic would be moved to the bug forum and we would finally get an official response. Since now we are still left in the dark on how/when/if this is gonne be fixed.

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

I lost hope in a response from them on actual stuff that bothers/concerns the customers. The trend of these forum seems to be “We’ll respond to the threads created to feed our ego and ignore or close all the rest).”

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

A little conspiracy theory here, but maybe they intend to make FotM such a rewarding place to actually discourage players to play any open world content? That would be really ironic if that was the case – to put so much effort in creating such a detailed, complex and breathtaking world to make it all empty for the sake of new dungeon…

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Still no update or a fix? It’s currently killing open world pve and my will to try continue farming for legendary mats. Combined with ascended gear grind the mats on at AH are scyrocketing.

Stack of Vial of powerful blood is 69 gold on tp now. Nice work.

All is vain.

(edited by Boomstin.3460)

Posted by: DevonPaul.7495

DevonPaul.7495

One hour in Fractals – Bag full of goodies (maybe some rare)
One hour in Orr – Bones……….. One or two goodies
One Hour in No Drop Shore – Crab meat
Go figure….

This game is becoming one dimensional, the accumulation of money revolves around fractals now (or trading on the TP, click, new price, click, buy order, click…….. click…..click)
Crafter – DO Fractals (Sell loot, buy mats)
WvW (for a 1% stat increase) – DO Fractals
Personal Story – Ends in a dungeon YOU NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO (Do Fractals)
Just like killing mobs for shinies – DO Fractals
Want the latest gear- DO Fractals

World drops have died (said they guy that got a gold medal for killing a dragon and ended up with 2 blue items and a gem stone! yay me)

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

Strange that the only thing worth buying with gems is gold. Oh, wait…

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

it would be nice if they did at least acknowledge this topic, they did fix the dye issue pretty fast

Posted by: DevonPaul.7495

DevonPaul.7495

Strange also that new items come out requiring 250 Tier 6 Mats to craft (which were hard to find originally), prices rise and…..

…people buy gems trade for gold………

And THEN the outpour of"Say it isn’t true", this was a test to see how much the player base wold suck it up and use real money.

You cannot tell me that ANET did not know that requiring 250 tier 6 mats for a back item with agony resist wouldn’t cause the price of those tier 6 mats to skyrocket (not to mention ectos), meaning that the “Must have nows” would fork out a small fortune on gems to buy gold to buy mats to get the gear. This has “collided” at the same time as a loot drop “bug” has occurred, really people, you are falling for this.

They are just dipping their toe in the water. ANET are directly influencing the cost of materials

1. By decreasing the flow of them
2. Adding to the requirements for them (if you are one of the “Must have nows”

You think this “bug” will get fixed? Balance that against how many gems have been converted into gold recently

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Strange also that new items come out requiring 250 Tier 6 Mats to craft (which were hard to find originally), prices rise and…..

…people buy gems trade for gold………

And THEN the outpour of"Say it isn’t true", this was a test to see how much the player base wold suck it up and use real money.

You cannot tell me that ANET did not know that requiring 250 tier 6 mats for a back item with agony resist wouldn’t cause the price of those tier 6 mats to skyrocket (not to mention ectos), meaning that the “Must have nows” would fork out a small fortune on gems to buy gold to buy mats to get the gear. This has “collided” at the same time as a loot drop “bug” has occurred, really people, you are falling for this.

They are just dipping their toe in the water. ANET are directly influencing the cost of materials

1. By decreasing the flow of them
2. Adding to the requirements for them (if you are one of the “Must have nows”

You think this “bug” will get fixed? Balance that against how many gems have been converted into gold recently

+1
Typical traits of a fascist economy:)
Now you need more gold to buy important stuff, Anet banks off you. Whatever they are doing, it is working…

(edited by Asumita.2174)

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Have anyone tried to repost it in Bugs? since now we have AMA answer and all?

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Ive noticed nothing but Whites/blues or nothing at all from many champs and veterens.

The devs seem to enjoy making us suffer and rage at getting nothing after spending so much time and effort to hunt and kill these types of enemies.

It makes me not want to bother with these types of mobs at all…which stinks cause I enjoy exploring and finding these type of enemies in the game world.

They are forcing us to rely on FOTM for anything and taking away from the enjoyment of this massive beautiful world they talked about so much that we could explore and find all the items we needed to progress and what not..

This game has become a grind no matter how you look at it.

(edited by Angelus.1042)

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

One hour in Fractals – Bag full of goodies (maybe some rare)
One hour in Orr – Bones……….. One or two goodies
One Hour in No Drop Shore – Crab meat
Go figure….

This game is becoming one dimensional, the accumulation of money revolves around fractals now (or trading on the TP, click, new price, click, buy order, click…….. click…..click)
Crafter – DO Fractals (Sell loot, buy mats)
WvW (for a 1% stat increase) – DO Fractals
Personal Story – Ends in a dungeon YOU NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO (Do Fractals)
Just like killing mobs for shinies – DO Fractals
Want the latest gear- DO Fractals

World drops have died (said they guy that got a gold medal for killing a dragon and ended up with 2 blue items and a gem stone! yay me)

yep,

Anet definitely has made changes to the world drops probability and forcing players into the buggy and failed implementation they called FOTM.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

wildcode.5403

We might have a better chance at getting a response from ANet if this thread was in the Bug forum where it belongs and not hidden away in the Discussion forum where devs are unlikely to see.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

We might have a better chance at getting a response from ANet if this thread was in the Bug forum where it belongs and not hidden away in the Discussion forum where devs are unlikely to see.

There was one in the bug forum when this bug was first noticed but it got inexplicably moved to the Tech Support forum.

(edited by Mala.3861)

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

The funny thing is, in the patch notes it was written that drops are increased, but I haven’t noticed it. I barely get any rares while farming Orr now and it is not only me. I really wish they would at least tell us why they have nerfed drops instead of increasing them…

wildcode.5403

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

In order to boost numbers for Fractals participation would you not conclude they would nerf open world, like Plinx? Can’t have you farming outside of Fractals, that would hurt their AWESOME GEAR GRIND INSTANCE statistics. Skewing statistics, spinning gear grind to “progression”, etc. It’s all very old hat.

To bad they decided to not create interesting and challenging content and instead force you into Fractals.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Vlad Morbius.1759

This thread is 7 days old and I am among many who feel very slighted by the blatant disregard and by the lack of attention this issue has gotten. I really thought this company worked to a higher standard than most.

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

To the people that are experiencing bad loot.

Have you tried farming whilst in a full party? Try this method to see if it helps with your loot (don’t wear MF whilst doing so).

Then after a sufficient break to reset the DR. Try farming in a group WITH as much MF as you can. Please report back after that and let me know how you went. Thanks!

I don’t farm, I just play the game with friends. Dungeons, Fractals, Map completions, Champ/Dragon hunting, WvW, etc…

So… in a full party, with or without MF, I typically get one yellow crafting material and zero exotics for every 24 hours or so of game play ever since the Lost Shores update. During the Lost Shores weekend, I did get 3 plain yellow weapons (no prefix or suffix), from about 36-40 hours of Fractals, but that was it (and the last time I’ve seen any rare item drops).

Before the supposed loot drops were “improved,” I would get a reasonable one (two if I’m lucky) yellow items per dungeon run. Since then, I have yet to receive a yellow or exotic weapon or armour piece from clearing a dungeon.

I do find it a bit upsetting that ArenaNet has not addressed this issue either.

Granted, I do run dungeons for fun foremost, but when you complete a long dungeon run and your earnings are not much greater than your repair costs, it feels rather anti-climactic and disappointing in the end and feel like I should have spent my time elsewhere. I love GW2, ArenaNet, and stuck thru GW1 all its years. I am always recommending it to friends, and really want this to be the definitive game for me (I felt it was until recently!), but these deplorable drop rates have truly been a downer on the experience for me.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

(edited by Voonith.2561)

Vlad Morbius.1759

Here’s a real slap in the face for you all…a reply to a dungeon loot issue post after 5 hours https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/FotM-Loot-Scaling-Atrocious/first#post880908
I am somewhat disgusted right now to be fairly honest.

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

Here’s a real slap in the face for you all…a reply to a dungeon loot issue post after 5 hours https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/FotM-Loot-Scaling-Atrocious/first#post880908
I am somewhat disgusted right now to be fairly honest.

wow….blatantly ignoring this thread for sure with their stealth nerf..