Chaos gloves!

Chaos gloves!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Good thing FOW gear isn’t in the game because we’d once again have an over abundance of OMG eles in FOW and Chaos Gloves…..so rare!!!! faints GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oops, Gaile, I think you meant wasn’t unacceptable, or was acceptable. At least in context to the rest of what you wrote!

I like the gloves though I would like to change the white glow if I could. Though then they wouldn’t match the GW1 skin, I guess? I put them on my main reaper, who is sylvari, and now she’s wearing blue tones and dragonfly wings instead of yellow Wedding Attire with butterfly wings. Also her GS is Glittering instead of Zenith. I’ll see if I like the look over time, it’s sort of busy with the GS sheathed in the wings.

I didn’t think to check the shroud appearance, thanks for the screens of that, ronpierce.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

These look really cool, gonna buy when I get home!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Looking at the gloves in game, they’re extremely bright which is ok by itself but they also light of the area on my armor near where the hands are and when my Necro holds a Greatsword they really light up the handle area and the leggings, near where the hands are. Maybe tone it down a little so the white glow doesn’t spread to cover nearby gear?

Edit: they also have a sizable “glow spike” extending down from the hands.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

They are bright, there’s no doubt about it. I mean, the modrem will see me coming from the next region.

And yet… I love them.

Attachments:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Chaos gloves!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Maybe if everyone agrees, I can just remove the side discussion? What do you guys think? (Not meaning “infract” but just delete the posts to get things more on the subject.) I’d like agreement on that, as I can just leave it, as well. Not a big deal, in the end.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Maybe if everyone agrees, I can just remove the side discussion? What do you guys think? (Not meaning “infract” but just delete the posts to get things more on the subject.) I’d like agreement on that, as I can just leave it, as well. Not a big deal, in the end.

I see no major reason to remove it… but if it does concern you, maybe edit your first post to mention that the thread derails a bit but later gets back on track, and request that people not reestabish the derailment? Even if peeps will skip posts here-and-there, I doubt there are many who skip red posts.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Chaos gloves!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Truthfully, I think everyone read and said what they’re going to on that subject. If you want to delete the whole side conversation without infractions, that would be fine with me.

ANet may give it to you.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They are bright, there’s no doubt about it. I mean, the modrem will see me coming from the next region.

And yet… I love them.

They dye incredibly well I have to say and that is a good look sported there, but….

Isn’t purple the official colour of evil in Tyria….? Perhaps Gaile is the villian for the 2nd expac….

;)

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Deadric.1427

Deadric.1427

And yet… I love them.

Man, the GW1 player in me almost cried a little when I saw these. Now all I’m missing is the rest of my Primeval armor to go with it

(edited by Deadric.1427)

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Delete the side comments

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

Back in my day, you had to farm for 75 ectos and be rank 5 Deldrimor to be able to afford those.

I don’t know, these kids have it easy

p.s are they dyeable like the originals?

I’m assuming Ectos and Deldrimor ingots were harder to obtain in GW1 then GW2 – as 75 ectos, 5 deldrimor ingots (and levelling crafting ect…) would be far cheaper and time efficient then the 110 gold required to buy the gloves at present -.-

Chaos gloves!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Back in my day, you had to farm for 75 ectos and be rank 5 Deldrimor to be able to afford those.

p.s are they dyeable like the originals?

I’m assuming Ectos and Deldrimor ingots were harder to obtain in GW1 then GW2 – as 75 ectos, 5 deldrimor ingots (and levelling crafting ect…) would be far cheaper and time efficient then the 110 gold required to buy the gloves at present -.-

They were much harder to get in Guild Wars 1. Ectos dropped from endgame dungeons, and not a whole lot of them. They are much more expensive in that game also than this one. 75 ectos is a lot of gold or a lot of farming in a difficult dungeon.

Edit: towards the end of my time in that game they were about 9k plat for one ecto. I could make about 10k plat a day doing zaishen quests, enough for one ecto and some change. Or do the dungeon and maybe get about 3, (varying from none to ~5, iirc).

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

And yet… I love them.

Wait? They can be dyed??

shoves traveller’s cheques in the screen

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I’ve been waiting for this day since the day gw2 launched. Today it has finally come. And it can be dyed!

Chaos gloves!

Previous

Gaile Gray

And yet… I love them.

Wait? They can be dyed??

For full disclosure: It’s a subtle dye. Mine are dyed purple, and you can see that in the glow, but they did not — as they did not in GW — turn a bright, blistering purple all over.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

And yet… I love them.

Wait? They can be dyed??

For full disclosure: It’s a subtle dye. Mine are dyed purple, and you can see that in the glow, but they did not — as they did not in GW — turn a bright, blistering purple all over.

I was iffy about this at first, but I am glad now. They make a really interesting pairing with the Necromancer starter eye head armor. (Seen in the picture on the first page.) I hope they don’t adjust it. fingers crossed

Edit: Or make it two dye channels, one for the gloves themselves and one for the aura…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Chaos gloves!

Gerrand.3085

In the long standing tradition of being persnickety, there seems to be a sharp blade of glow (like a single wrist mounted blade) extending from the chaos gloves. Was this part of the guild wars 1 design as well? I would have preferred a smoother glow aura personally.

Chaos gloves!

Just a flesh wound.3589

In the long standing tradition of being persnickety, there seems to be a sharp blade of glow (like a single wrist mounted blade) extending from the chaos gloves. Was this part of the guild wars 1 design as well? I would have preferred a smoother glow aura personally.

I’ve reported that ‘glow spike’ ingame, with a screenshot, as a graphics bug. It’s been commented on in a Reddit post also.

ANet may give it to you.

Chaos gloves!

Gerrand.3085

So it is a bug? Sweet!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Broken.1386

Broken.1386

I love chaos gloves but hate the clipping on most armors like my ele’s armor.

Although it looks fine to me from behind.

Attachments:

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I love chaos gloves but hate the clipping on most armors like my ele’s armor.

Although it looks fine to me from behind.

Yeah, the clipping limits its uses significantly. I wanted to use them with the Arah light armor chest, but it looked AWFUL… Alas I like my work around but still sad.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I also like the gloves but hate the clipping. I was really hoping they would be less buggy considering how expensive they are, and of course I only found out AFTER purchasing them because they looked fine in the preview.

I really hope they fix that.

Attachments:

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I remember these from GW1 where they were really expensive to obtain. These gloves should look good with various the chaos weapon skins too – like a glowing fusion of hand and weapon.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Yeah, yeah, Randulf, and don’t forget “farm in the snow, uphill, without a weapon, and no armor, and… !

Happy you guys are happy about this. I loved my CGs in GW and love this chance to sport them in GW2!

It was farming uphill in BOTH directions. Just sayin.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Man that last expac was horrible and i…….. oooOOooh Glowing hands…

“Official quote of Guildwars 2 Community”

Chaos gloves!

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Yeah, it’s so odd that people would find things to enjoy in a game even when other things might ruffle their feathers. Weird. o.O

On a completely unrelated note, did y’all know that grudges are the second-leading cause of early onset baldness in gamers?… just under Hot Pockets. /themoreyouknow

~EW

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yeah, it’s so odd that people would find things to enjoy in a game even when other things might ruffle their feathers. Weird. o.O

On a completely unrelated note, did y’all know that grudges are the second-leading cause of early onset baldness in gamers?… just under Hot Pockets. /themoreyouknow

~EW

Poor Braham…. why aren’t Dwarves all bald?

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yess please add sexy gw1 armor to go with the gloves or let us wear the gloves and gem store head pieces with outfits since it’s all gem store stuff. I don’t have any nice enough armor to make me want to stop wearing outfits. Like this.

Attachments:

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Chaos gloves!

Ellie.5913

And that .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.—.-.-.-.-.

Attachments:

Chaos gloves!

Ellie.5913

And that-.-.-.-.-.-.-.—.

Attachments:

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Ah such nostalgia.. I love them.. ty Anet

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Not sure I’d put my hands in them. They look kinda dangerous.

Plus, you know, CHAOS! Your fingers might end up in a different dimension. Or in several different dimensions.

Be careful out there, kids.

Yeah I know. A friend of mine (Anna D.) lost her pinky in a different dimension.

But you know … the chaos gloves are bigger and different on the inside. It’s only chaos on the outside. So they protect my hands from my chaos staff very well.

Attachments:

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I like the gloves, gw1 nostalgia too, BUT they are clipping with most chest pieces… really!!! The ****

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Mea why comment at all?

Because this is a merchant’s official forum for discussion and feedback regarding their product. This purpose is not served by a, “if you dont like an aspect of the product keep it to yourself,” direction.

Because multiple feedback threads on the same subject are frowned upon and this one has the patina of officialdom due to the red post.

Ultimately Anet, the owner and operator of this forum, has asked for his feedback, positive or negative, and you have taken it upon yourself to try usurping their authority by countermanding their direction. They gave him permission to provide his negative feedback and yet you take him to task for it. He isnt the one being rude, or engaging in bullying, here.

LOL I sure hope you feel better. And you are who???? I’m so glad you felt compelled to join our little discussion. Would you like tea or maybe a soft drink?

Oh wow. My head just exploded.

Everyone can comment on topics on this forum. They can agree, disagree, clap, boo, etc. so long as they follow the rules. Introductions and invitations not necessary. I love tea, but I take mine with a little less passive/aggressiveness.

• Profane Krytan Primeval 500 Gem
  • Light Aetherblade Medium Aetherblade Heavy Aetherblade 800 Gem
  • Phoenix Magitech Braham’s 800 Gem
  • Trickster’s Viper’s Phalanx 800 Gem
  • Flamekissed Flamewalker Flamewrath 800 Gem
  • Light Zodiac Medium Zodiac Heavy Zodiac 800 Gem
  • Incarnate Strider’s Rampart 800 Gem
No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i love them, i feel even more powerful now!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

The Chaos Gloves have returned. one of my favorite skins in GW1.
Thanks so much for this. btw question how about the chaos weapons will they someday maybe drop in fractals? :P

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

~EW

… Hot pockets cause baldness? I’m gonna have to change my diet, then!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

• edit- Gloves are okay, but 500 gems for just gloves? Too pricey.

They are very, very SHINY gloves, though!

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Now bring in elite Luxon armour, I was farming gw1 titles yesterday and boy I miss that armour on my warrior.

RP enthusiast

Chaos gloves!

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Poor Braham…. why aren’t Dwarves all bald?

Oh! I know this!

It’s because Ogden Stonehealer is not only the president, he’s also a client of the Eir Club for Men.

Back on topic (so this post isn’t deleted, hehe), I wish I had a character that could make the chaos gloves look good… they look awesome, but don’t go with any ascetics my toons have.

~EW

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

If you guys (ANet) bring back more elite armor skins from GW, can we please, please, please make them fun to obtain, as they were in GW? Perhaps random drops from dungeon end chests plus some crafting, etc.? Something creative?

Those Chaos Gloves in GW meant a lot to me. All they mean now is I have five bucks to spend. :/

I guess that gets you 5 bucks, which is probably why online games will never be as fun as they used to be…

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

These are considered an armor piece and thus wouldn’t be visible if I have an outfit showing, correct?

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

These are considered an armor piece and thus wouldn’t be visible if I have an outfit showing, correct?

Correct.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Correct.

Thank you.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

many thanks for the chaos gloves.
brings back good memories.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

Never understand why people complain about items being sold for gems, nothing in the gem store is pay to win and gems can be brought for gold. Besides that a lot of folks like give a little support towards the kick kitten game that asks for no monthly subscription. Give it a rest.

Chaos gloves!

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yeah, yeah, Randulf, and don’t forget “farm in the snow, uphill, without a weapon, and no armor, and… !

Happy you guys are happy about this. I loved my CGs in GW and love this chance to sport them in GW2!

Any chance we will see boots or the rest of the set?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.