Charged Lodestone rarity is just too high.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Typical grind-to-death-pay-to-win-Korean-MMO style. I won’t be surprised if precursors and lodestones start showing up in gem store.

Yes, please tell me how Lodestones/Precursors contribute to gear that is better than 4 gold exotics.

Posted by: Paradoxine.8192

Paradoxine.8192

It’s actually shocking that these lodestones are still 3g ea. Just take a look at the molten lodestones going for a far more reasonable 60s each.

250 Charged lodestones: 3 * 250 = 750g – About 1.5x cost of legendary precursor
250 Molten lodestones: 0.6 * 250 = 150g.

One is feasible for a determined but non-hardcore player and one isn’t.

Let’s take a hypothetical solo farming spot where a casual with decent traits / build / etc can earn a modest 2g / hr (I mean a SOLID hour of farming here, we are discounting more profitable locations and dungeon paths cough COF cough).

Time to craft infinite light(approx): 750 / 2 = 375 hours.

Is this acceptable?

I’m not asking ANET to hand out unique weapons, but for casuals who have a long term goal of getting non-legendary weapons like these, 100 hours should be the absolute maximum amount of time required.

ANET need to at least acknowledge there is a problem here. It’s a trivial problem to fix, all they have to do it go to their loot tables and change some numbers, so there is no excuse really.

Well, molten lodestones are alot cheaper cause everyone and their mother does COF and it’s stupidly easy. Charged lodestones, COE is not a farmed dungeon like COF so you will see less. Plus alot more stuff uses charged lodestones over molten lodestones. Altho i do wish they would drop since i need 80 more to finish my Sunrise :P

You’re right, of course, but my issue is not the ‘how’ or ‘why’ but actually the solution. Whether ANET add sparks in many other areas or whether they increase drop rates or whether they make COE much more profitable, I want a solution (which I don’t think is unreasonable or too time consuming to implement).

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

It is good old fasion kit/basket craft gating, direct bottleneck that can be directly manipulated by the game controllers.

Their rationale for having it set where it is I shant speculate on too much, but given it is a clear example of intentionally limiting supply… oh right these are an input to something that is meant to be very hard to get, or expensive.

Lodestones/precursors in the gem store would be great.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

I got the same problem, i got everything from mastery to fortune to precursor and the only thing left is 100 charged lodestones. If Anet took simply 20 minuts and did the following:

- Add 1/2 places in a lvl80 zone where sparks spawn on a regular basis and do not need to get unlocked by an event.
– Increase droprate of lodestones by 20% by sparks and CoE in general.
– Have sparks drop cores in addition to lodestones.

This will not result in lodestones dropping from 3g~ (what it is now) to 1g~ or less, this should result in lodestones going to 1g70-2g~ something. Much more realistic and the market hasnt been flooded.

There, i fixed another issue in less then 5 minuts… i should get a job at a mmo company somewhere

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Charged Lodestone? Hah! Just wait until you need Crystal Lodestones, they don’t even HAVE a dungeon or area where they drop… it’s friggin’ ridiculous.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

The problem is CoF is too easy actually. People all farm that dungeon because it’s the most rewarding and faceroll easy. I don’t think any 1 path of a dungeon should be completable within 5 minutes.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Charged Lodestone? Hah! Just wait until you need Crystal Lodestones, they don’t even HAVE a dungeon or area where they drop… it’s friggin’ ridiculous.

Crystal lodestones are cheap last i saw 42s or so. If charged lodestones were that cheap (near 2g 80s+ atm) this thread wouldn’t have been made. And yes they do have a dungeon they drop in… fractals. Got one the other day.

Edit: Oh, and you also have a very small chance of getting one from the lost orrian jewelry box.

Paradoxine.8192

Can we get an ANET reply here or what? I’m not asking for massive gameplay changes or a revolution of dungeon gameplay or a complete overhaul of the laurel system here. Those are separate issues. Surely, we can at least get small issues like this addressed within a one month time-frame?

At the very least I think some acknowledgement of the problem would be appreciated. If you’re around Martin then I’m looking at you here. Do you think it is fair for a player to spend 350+ hours trying to get a non-legendary item? Is this as intended? If nothing else then just confirm that spending 14+ days (no sleep, no bio-break, no afk) solid farming is what you wanted.

Just farming COF path 1 and /thread isn’t a solution because most likely it’s going to get nerfed into oblivion and besides, what about the players who come after the nerf? Never-mind the fact that I shouldn’t be forced to group up in order to buy unique weapons in a reasonable period of time.

This is no longer a case of the game being out for two weeks where we can just overlook everything.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Has anyone tried to farm a chaos axe?

Rare things are rare.

Elyl Jrend

Paradoxine.8192

Rare things are rare.

Yeah like ectos amirite guiz? If that’s your line of argument then we still need changes as ANET needs some consistency.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can we get an ANET reply here or what? I’m not asking for massive gameplay changes or a revolution of dungeon gameplay or a complete overhaul of the laurel system here. Those are separate issues. Surely, we can at least get small issues like this addressed within a one month time-frame?

At the very least I think some acknowledgement of the problem would be appreciated. If you’re around Martin then I’m looking at you here. Do you think it is fair for a player to spend 350+ hours trying to get a non-legendary item? Is this as intended? If nothing else then just confirm that spending 14+ days (no sleep, no bio-break, no afk) solid farming is what you wanted.

Just farming COF path 1 and /thread isn’t a solution because most likely it’s going to get nerfed into oblivion and besides, what about the players who come after the nerf? Never-mind the fact that I shouldn’t be forced to group up in order to buy unique weapons in a reasonable period of time.

This is no longer a case of the game being out for two weeks where we can just overlook everything.

I’m sorry, but why exactly don’t you think that you shouldn’t be forced to group up to get unique weapons? You certainly should need to.

Also there isn’t a problem so there is nothing to acknowledge. They have dropped almost 50% in price over the last month and aren’t that outrageous. I just finished my Bolt today, took me 3 weeks to get enough gold/cores to finish. They are in no way a problem anymore, Anet fixed them by increasing chest drops, adding in jewelery boxes and having them drop from fractals. There is really nothing left to complain about.

Paradoxine.8192

I’m sorry, but why exactly don’t you think that you shouldn’t be forced to group up to get unique weapons? You certainly should need to.

Also there isn’t a problem so there is nothing to acknowledge. They have dropped almost 50% in price over the last month and aren’t that outrageous. I just finished my Bolt today, took me 3 weeks to get enough gold/cores to finish. They are in no way a problem anymore, Anet fixed them by increasing chest drops, adding in jewelery boxes and having them drop from fractals. There is really nothing left to complain about.

This has to be a troll post surely.

We HAVE to group up now? We can’t ‘play it our way’? This is the kind of thinking that ruins this game. If ANET intended to gate it to grouped content then it would be a dungeon reward. The fact that they didn’t indicates that they do not want to discourage solo players from obtaining the weapon for themselves.

“They have dropped almost 50% in price over the last month and aren’t that outrageous.”

This is what gets me the most. If every ecto cost 10g on the trading post and I increased drop rates so that they ‘only’ cost 6g ea then I could still say “they have dropped almost 50% in price…”. This is just nonsense and frankly the fact that you think such a fact is relevant is pretty telling. The fact is they’re stagnant now and show no signs whatsoever of decreasing at this point.

Explain to me how almost 1,000g, almost 2x the price of a legendary precusor is acceptable and ‘not that outrageous’. Go on.

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Get a stack of karma consumables and karma multipliers, and go roll it through orrian boxes in ft trinity. Starting out with 600k karma, after 16 rounds of rolling karma back into boxes I ended up with 18 lodestones, including 2 charged, as well as 7.7g, 66 shards, and 8 risen priest minis. 2.2 million karma used total. Add the ascended trinket karma boost, and it would have been even more. You can sell the lodestones you don’t need for profit, and use that to buy the lodestones you do need.

Something to do with karma, at least.

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Some good information in here guys. Thank you.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Get a stack of karma consumables and karma multipliers, and go roll it through orrian boxes in ft trinity. Starting out with 600k karma, after 16 rounds of rolling karma back into boxes I ended up with 18 lodestones, including 2 charged, as well as 7.7g, 66 shards, and 8 risen priest minis. 2.2 million karma used total. Add the ascended trinket karma boost, and it would have been even more. You can sell the lodestones you don’t need for profit, and use that to buy the lodestones you do need.

Something to do with karma, at least.

Get real. Over 2 million karma for what amounts to 4 or 5 charged lodestones if everything’s sold towards getting them.

I was going for Foefire’s Power… a nice looking NON-LEGENDARY weapon skin. I need 100 of the kittening things. I’ve done everything else necessary to get this skin, but frankly nothing is worth strangling the game’s enjoyment out just for a pretty skin.

And that’s what these lodestones (and precursors) are. Grinds that crush player’s enjoyment, at the cost of keeping them playing. Brilliant for a non sub game.

All I’m left with is a bunch of Orichalcum Hammer Heads and the disgust of having wasted so much time believing that there was something (not even top tier) I could get after thousands of hours and months of daily play.

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

The rent is too kitten high

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Rare things are rare.

Chaos axes were easy to get lol… don’t even compare GW1 farms to GW2.

This game surpasses any korean grind, puts them to shame actually.

There were multiple chests to get it from and they also dropped off mobs if you were lucky. Everyone and their mom had one, which wasn’t a bad thing imo… at least these items should be obtainable without wasting your entire life away.

I’m so sick of any decent items in this game requiring a ton of mats to farm/buy on TP and throwing them into the mystic toilet, why can’t they just drop themselves at a fair chance %?

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

It’s actually shocking that these lodestones are still 3g ea. Just take a look at the molten lodestones going for a far more reasonable 60s each.

250 Charged lodestones: 3 * 250 = 750g – About 1.5x cost of legendary precursor
250 Molten lodestones: 0.6 * 250 = 150g.

One is feasible for a determined but non-hardcore player and one isn’t.

Let’s take a hypothetical solo farming spot where a casual with decent traits / build / etc can earn a modest 2g / hr (I mean a SOLID hour of farming here, we are discounting more profitable locations and dungeon paths cough COF cough).

Time to craft infinite light(approx): 750 / 2 = 375 hours.

Is this acceptable?

I’m not asking ANET to hand out unique weapons, but for casuals who have a long term goal of getting non-legendary weapons like these, 100 hours should be the absolute maximum amount of time required.

ANET need to at least acknowledge there is a problem here. It’s a trivial problem to fix, all they have to do it go to their loot tables and change some numbers, so there is no excuse really.

Dude, don’t even bother to use reason and common sense. It’s obvious that the great majority is fine with this. Remember when they said that thing about Final Rest, when if 10 players farmed it for 7 months, 1 would drop, and it was said like this is a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to expect from a video game? Yeah… Working as intended.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Rare things are rare.

There were multiple chests to get it from and they also dropped off mobs if you were lucky. Everyone and their mom had one, which wasn’t a bad thing imo… at least these items should be obtainable without wasting your entire life away.

I’m so sick of any decent items in this game requiring a ton of mats to farm/buy on TP and throwing them into the mystic toilet, why can’t they just drop themselves at a fair chance %?

Yeah just farm underworld over and over! Easy, if you can handle the underworld I guess. I couldn’t get a hang of the soloing the place, so I was lucky to get one when I was in a party.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Rare things are rare.

Lol?

Korean grinds put this game to shame. Go play Lineage II or virtually any NCsoft game. Compared to those, this game is really tame. Also, you would be doing nothing different if it dropped wholly off of one mob. You’d still be grinding. Except rather then having a multitude of ways to acquire pieces of Foefire’s Essence, you would be killing one boss over and over. Ohh, along with everyone else. Better hope you get there in time otherwise you are screwed.

Puts korean games to shame….ha, that was a good one. I do agree that lodestones are high, but what do you expect? ANet puts these time consuming goals in the game to keep you playing until they can push out more content. If everything in this game was easy to get, a lot of people would quit. I do believe there should be more story/quest oriented ways to get say, soulbound materials (say do an epic quest chain, over a few days, and get 10-20 lodestones that you CANT sell.) or an exploration achievement or something other then grinding. But in terms of the actual grind, it really isn’t that bad.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We HAVE to group up now? We can’t ‘play it our way’? This is the kind of thinking that ruins this game. If ANET intended to gate it to grouped content then it would be a dungeon reward. The fact that they didn’t indicates that they do not want to discourage solo players from obtaining the weapon for themselves.

“They have dropped almost 50% in price over the last month and aren’t that outrageous.”

This is what gets me the most. If every ecto cost 10g on the trading post and I increased drop rates so that they ‘only’ cost 6g ea then I could still say “they have dropped almost 50% in price…”. This is just nonsense and frankly the fact that you think such a fact is relevant is pretty telling. The fact is they’re stagnant now and show no signs whatsoever of decreasing at this point.

Explain to me how almost 1,000g, almost 2x the price of a legendary precusor is acceptable and ‘not that outrageous’. Go on.

People really love to abuse that statement. “Play your way” never has, and never will mean you get to have everything in the game by ignoring everyone else and having it handed to you. Legendaries are in fact partly a dungeon reward, as are many other unique skins. Every legendary requires 500 dungeon tokens. Tokens that can only be gotten in a group. Fractal weapons, again a unique skin can only be gotten from very high level group play that almost no one can complete except the very skilled.

If every ecto cost 10g that would be because of inflation, supply, and demand. The same forces that determine the price of every item in the game. If the price drops by 50% that means either demand is way down or supply is way up. Inflation is more of a steady upward trend so it in a non factor in large price swings. This is true of all items. Since the demand of Charged lodestones has been relatively constant and inflation increases the prices slowly then we can conclude that supply has in fact significantly increased due to efforts by the devs.

I have no idea where you got the 1000g thing. Right now you can forge charged lodestones using cores for 2.5g per lodestone. I don’t know of any recipe that requires 400 lodestones. Legendaries cost 100 lodestones or about 250g and the precursors for those legendaries are 300g and 500g, which is half the price of the precursor not double.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Crystal lodestones are cheap last i saw 42s or so. If charged lodestones were that cheap (near 2g 80s+ atm) this thread wouldn’t have been made. And yes they do have a dungeon they drop in… fractals. Got one the other day.

Edit: Oh, and you also have a very small chance of getting one from the lost orrian jewelry box.

I know they’re cheaper, but they are nonetheless more rare, and plenty expensive for a casual player. They’re also yet another example of how screwed up the economy is (a fact that Anet’s lead economist denies out of foolish pride), they’re worth a third of an item that is several times more commonly found. And yet they’re placed in the same item tier… and let’s face it, if they weren’t an ingredient in The Crossing, they’d would be worth nothing at all, in spite of possibly being the rarest mat drop in the game.

And yes, they drop from fractals and jewelry boxes, but so does every lodestone, and none drop frequently.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I get charged cores/lodestones from the jade maw chest (not the daily chest, the lootable one) on a pretty regular basis.

I see them linked by party members very often too. It isn’t just me.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

I know they’re cheaper, but they are nonetheless more rare, and plenty expensive for a casual player. They’re also yet another example of how screwed up the economy is (a fact that Anet’s lead economist denies out of foolish pride), they’re worth a third of an item that is several times more commonly found. And yet they’re placed in the same item tier… and let’s face it, if they weren’t an ingredient in The Crossing, they’d would be worth nothing at all, in spite of possibly being the rarest mat drop in the game.

And yes, they drop from fractals and jewelry boxes, but so does every lodestone, and none drop frequently.

Cheaper but nonetheless more rare just indicates demand side impact is greater than supply side impact… I don’t see broken economics there, just missing half the picture.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

That’s actually pretty common in CoE. 3 runs usually nets me 1-4 cores and maybe a lodestone.

Paradoxine.8192

People really love to abuse that statement. “Play your way” never has, and never will mean you get to have everything in the game by ignoring everyone else and having it handed to you. Legendaries are in fact partly a dungeon reward, as are many other unique skins. Every legendary requires 500 dungeon tokens. Tokens that can only be gotten in a group. Fractal weapons, again a unique skin can only be gotten from very high level group play that almost no one can complete except the very skilled.

If every ecto cost 10g that would be because of inflation, supply, and demand. The same forces that determine the price of every item in the game. If the price drops by 50% that means either demand is way down or supply is way up. Inflation is more of a steady upward trend so it in a non factor in large price swings. This is true of all items. Since the demand of Charged lodestones has been relatively constant and inflation increases the prices slowly then we can conclude that supply has in fact significantly increased due to efforts by the devs.

I have no idea where you got the 1000g thing. Right now you can forge charged lodestones using cores for 2.5g per lodestone. I don’t know of any recipe that requires 400 lodestones. Legendaries cost 100 lodestones or about 250g and the precursors for those legendaries are 300g and 500g, which is half the price of the precursor not double.

I wasn’t saying that you should be able to never play and still easily get the weapon. I’m saying that you shouldn’t be forced to group up and farm a broken dungeon to have any chance of ever getting it when they don’t require tokens or something such. This is honestly drifting the discussion too much though, it was more of a rebuke of the person I was replying too rather than a particular statement on the issue at hand.

Anyway, It should be feasible to get through normal play (which isn’t necessarily completely solo, I should have clarified). Personally I find that I have ‘unofficial’ groups with other players who I run into quite often, so It would be wrong to say I play ‘solo’. This is an MMORPG after all.

Also, we’re not talking about legendaries, apart from to compare prices. ANET wanted to gate them to group play, so they did. I fail to see your point? I never suggested that legendaries did not require group play. The fact that other unique weapons are gated bears no importance on other unique weapons that as far as can be told, were intended to be non-gated.

I’m also not sure what you’re trying to say by discussing supply and demand. Let’s say that ANET have been increasing the drop rate of the charged lodestones. If the net result is that the price merely stays at the level it is at the moment, then is there not still a problem? It’s not like their hands are tied and they can only tinker slightly with the drop rates, they can do whatever they want and like you said, supply and demand will simply change to compensate. If you think the pricing is fine then that’s a different point that you need to state clearly.

The 1000g figure was rounded (maybe generously) but the calculations were in an earlier post. They also assumed that you bought them straight off the TP, so, yes, granted, you can decrease costs that way. If we use your figure of 2.5g ea, then we still get:

2.5 * 250 = 625g

My point was, for most players (I think I can say this with some confidence), 750g might as well be 1000g.

Finally, there is, as I’m sure you know, a weapon that indeed costs 350 charged lodestones to craft (non legendary).

From TP: 350 * 3 = 1050g <- Do we have a winner?
Crafted: 350 * 2.5 = 875g <- Falls under the point mentioned above

You could argue that the above weapon is ‘group-gated’, but really, 500 ascalonian tears is pretty easy, in fact, almost incomparable to earning 850g++.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Yes, drops on lodestones, in general, are appalling. I’ve tried farming destroyer lodestones a number of times and have never even gotten a core.

However, inflation in the TP for high-end items such as lodestones and precursors is insane. I consider both the TP and crafting broken and in need of a reset/rethink. The worst thing that has happened to the TP, and perhaps the game, is the gem store with the conversion of real money in to in-game gold. You can’t keep injecting more and more money in to an economy without destroying it with more and more inflation. Barring the fact that many bots used hacked accounts, which is very bad for those few players, this “real money to in-game gold” has caused and continues to cause far more damage to the in-game economy than bots/gold sellers ever did and is bad for almost everybody.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

If you want Charged lodestones, run CoE. That’s where they drop.

The only reason they are so rare is because people are lazy and do not want to run the dungeon. They would rather run CoF for the 5 billionth time because it’s so kitten short and easy. Which is why molten cores and lodestones aren’t worth anything.

Go run CoE and get your cores and lodestones for free. Or sell them and make a free 1-3g each.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

We have a group dedicated to farming CoE and giving all our cores for one person to work on their legendary.

The reasons no one goes to CoE:

• You have to event unlock it. When is it available? WHO KNOWS?!
  • The event is long, and the Champion at the end can and will reset if you don’t have enough people due to his teleport and that he can knock you off in to the water with no way to re-engage.
  • Subject Alpha is very unforgiving on almost all his fights. You miss a dodge? Welp game over. No one can res you without an instant ability because he spams all day.
  • It’s long. It’s full of bosses with big humongous oversized hp bars. Timed events and/or task completion events make it go even slower.
  • Subject Alpha is a kittening jerk.
  • Meh rewards. We maybe get one core/stone per run between all 5 of us on average.

Seriously, after putzing around for 30-45 minutes to complete the event to open the place up, half the time I don’t even want to run it anymore because I know it’s going to be another hour long ordeal that just isn’t worth the time.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

We have a group dedicated to farming CoE and giving all our cores for one person to work on their legendary.

The reasons no one goes to CoE:

• You have to event unlock it. When is it available? WHO KNOWS?!
  • The event is long, and the Champion at the end can and will reset if you don’t have enough people due to his teleport and that he can knock you off in to the water with no way to re-engage.
  • Subject Alpha is very unforgiving on almost all his fights. You miss a dodge? Welp game over. No one can res you without an instant ability because he spams all day.
  • It’s long. It’s full of bosses with big humongous oversized hp bars. Timed events and/or task completion events make it go even slower.
  • Subject Alpha is a kittening jerk.
  • Meh rewards. We maybe get one core/stone per run between all 5 of us on average.

Seriously, after putzing around for 30-45 minutes to complete the event to open the place up, half the time I don’t even want to run it anymore because I know it’s going to be another hour long ordeal that just isn’t worth the time.

I’m sorry but this sounds like a giant L2P situation.
– The event to open CoE is easy. The final champion of the event is easy too. I frequently open up the dungeon with only 3 people which is 3/5 of what you need to run the dungeon anyway. Don’t want to get knocked into the water by the champ? Simply use stability or dodge out of red circles. Not that hard. Event isn’t up? Guest to another server and check there.
- Subject Alpha is insanely easy once you know his mechanics. How hard is it for people to count to 2 and dodge? Stay stacked so you can res people quickly if they miss a dodge.
With a good group you can run all 3 paths of CoE in less than an hour. With a really good group you can get that down to less than 40 minutes. This is a very effective charged core/lodestone farming method and you will also get close to 200 tokens per run that you can exchange for 6 rares and salvage for ectos. Between that and all the gold you make from the dungeon itself, and you can buy yourself more charged cores/lodestones. If you have more than 1 character you can run it more than once per day and still get full tokens.
The reason charged lodestones are so expensive is because the items that use them in their recipes are very desirable and most people do not realize how effective CoE farming can be.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I don’t think the drop rate of these lodestones is too low.
You can “easily” farm them in cursed shore, by killing sparks.

I have most of the time 2-4 lodestones an hour, and that’s pretty nice.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I’ve farmed for 8hrs with 80-120% MF & got 1.
It’s not easy, it’s random. & the chance is low.

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I doubt you’ll get the response you want from Anet, all lodestone are disgusting to get, i’ve given up on ever making something with them, i just don’t care anymore…

No virtual equipment is worth that pain and hardship or cost to go through in a game.

Terrible mechanics do not make a game fun or prosperous..

My gf and I got maybe 200 charged lodestones in fractals.
They are pretty common, we usually get at least one every other run.

The game was suppose to reward players in all aspects of it, not just that one area, no wonder Anets customers are so mad and leaving, enjoy your Fotm, but i thought the game was Guildwars 2 not Fotm 2…

I came to this conclusion months ago.

Many thing in this game are fun for me, but the kind of farming this game employs isn’t. I much prefer the D2 style of farming where ALL ITEMS ARE FROM DROPS, no need to farm crap to buy crap to make some other crap to eventually (1 > year later) get your legendary crap.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I got one from the orrian jewellery boxes, had no idea they were worth so much till the other day when i sold it on the tp. Then i discovered what it was for and regretted it but oh well by the time i get around to needing them again i imagine anet would have made them easier to get from all you guys complaining :P

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

If the Dwayna event chain doesn’t bug…

That’s a pretty insane drop rate. Loads better than I’ve ever had there.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I’ve never gotten more than 2 lodestones in an hour. T_T

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’ve never gotten more than 2 lodestones in an hour. T_T

I haven’t got 2 lodestones in total despite farming the sparks several times.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Paradoxine.8192

Yea I’m calling bullkitten on this one. I’ve farmed cursed shore for about 10 hours in total. Do you know how many lodestones I got in that time? Do you know how soul-crushingly boring it was?

On average, a SOLID hour of farming cursed shore (when it’s available) nets you just UNDER one charged lodestone. If I had to guess, I’d say maybe 0.8 – 0.9 lodestones / hr.

I wouldn’t even mind if it was like 50 required, but 250 is just silly at the current drop rate.

Charged lodestones are broken.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I suppose, if you count waypointing to the cursed shore, opening the TP, and buying them as farming. Then sure.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Just wanted to add…
47/250 for Infinite Light
…yay?

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~