Cheers for anti-zerg philosophy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

Because of this anti-zerg philosophy Arenanet should do like this in the game:

1. All goup events should be removed from the game. It might make players to feel tempted to zerging. That is really bad thing and it is against of anti-zerg philosophy.

2. All Meta events should be removed from the game, Teq and 3 Wurms. It totally makes players to zerg. Even it is organized zerg, but it is zerg anyways. It is against of anti-Zerg philosophy.

3. WvW and EotM should be removed from the game, it is zerging area, definetly huge zerg area. Yes this activity is totally against of anti-zerg philosophy.

4. All events should be removed from this game. They are gathering little zergs to specific area, and it is tempting to players to zerg. It is against anti-zerg philosophy too.

5. All champions from this game should be change to veterans, in everywhere. Champions attract more players and makes them zerg. And it is against anti-zerg philosophy.

6. Living Story should be removed from this game, it makes players to zerg and do things together. It is against anti-zerg philosophy

So how ArenaNet should change their game that it is not against anti-zerg philosophy. They should make it single player game. Then the zerg would never happens and anti-zerg philosophy is finally working

Yes ArenaNet, make this game Single Player MMO, then anti-zerg philosophy will work fine And everybody in this game would be happy. No more zergs anywhere. What a peace.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

1. All goup events should be removed from the game. It might make players to feel tempted to zerging. That is really bad thing and it is against of anti-zerg philosophy.

2. All Meta events should be removed from the game, Teq and 3 Wurms. It totally makes players to zerg. Even it is organized zerg, but it is zerg anyways. It is against of anti-Zerg philosophy.

3. WvW and EotM should be removed from the game, it is zerging area, definetly huge zerg area. Yes this activity is totally against of anti-zerg philosophy.

4. All events should be removed from this game. They are gathering little zergs to specific area, and it is tempting to players to zerg. It is against anti-zerg philosophy too.

5. All champions from this game should be change to veterans, in everywhere. Champions attract more players and makes them zerg. And it is against anti-zerg philosophy.

6. Living Story should be removed from this game, it makes players to zerg and do things together. It is against anti-zerg philosophy

So how ArenaNet should change their game that it is not against anti-zerg philosophy. They should make it single player game. Then the zerg would never happens and anti-zerg philosophy is finally working

Yes ArenaNet, make this game Single Player MMO, then anti-zerg philosophy will work fine And everybody in this game would be happy. No more zergs anywhere. What a peace.

Hyperbole at its finest.

Let’s instead talk about good zergs and bad zergs.

GOOD ZERG: “Okay, guys, there’s three objectives, so let’s put ourselves into three groups based on who can best handle those three objectives while also balancing how many people go to each.”

BAD ZERG: “EVERYBODY IN MAP ON COMMANDER NOW NOW NOW NOW”

We could maybe make an exception for coordinated WvW as certain objectives really do require a map blob. In PvE, though, if the goal is for everybody to follow the Blue Dorito, that’s bad event design.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The veey core issue is Openworld simply has no way to effectively eliminate the zerg way that it has harvested.
Sure they can place an idea into content that we need to split to achiev things faster to be rewarded better but Openworld by its very nature is just that.. its open and anyone happening past can hotjoin the action and scale the event accordingly.. unless of course they will politely stand far enough away until its over and they can play their own version of it.
The only mechanics they have is increase HP, kill AOE effect (thus killing enjoyment of players own builds in some cases).. high HP yields promote high numbers bashing #1111 with the occasional dodge thrown into the mix every now and then. Where is that making players any better.. its the same thing only with less scaling.

There is a good reason other MMO’s prefer to open up designated content instances and utilise their grouping tools.. you wanna take on the Pavilion then instead of wating for an NPC to rake in some coin from the economy allow the content to be run by organised groups or PUGS and the event scale based on the numbers grouped for it with min/max numbers to control the scale up/down.
Rewards can be as good or bad as they ever are but allow the players better ways to organise and test themselves.

Until ANET wake up to how bad Openworld makes these events, there will never be any anti-zerg content cos a whole map isn’t going to stand idle when events go on, they will hotjoin it no matter how many times we scream split.. cos even the split groups get whacked out of balance soon enough.

Sinope.5630

Hyperbole at its finest.

Let’s instead talk about good zergs and bad zergs.

GOOD ZERG: “Okay, guys, there’s three objectives, so let’s put ourselves into three groups based on who can best handle those three objectives while also balancing how many people go to each.”

BAD ZERG: “EVERYBODY IN MAP ON COMMANDER NOW NOW NOW NOW”

We could maybe make an exception for coordinated WvW as certain objectives really do require a map blob. In PvE, though, if the goal is for everybody to follow the Blue Dorito, that’s bad event design.

No timmyf, it is not hyperbole at all. The headline of this thread is “Cheers for anti-zerg philosophy”

I just made a list what this headline means in a game, and if ArenaNet would do like headline says.

If you, timmyf, don’t know what anti- word means it is against something. So that who made this headline is cheering for anti-zerg philosophy, he is cheering for against zerg philosophy. And if ArenaNet really takes that headline seriously and make this game totally anti-zerg game, all those what I have been listing in there are really going to happen.

Your examples are against of anti-zerg philosophy too, anti-zerg means not zerg at all good zergs or bad zergs, what means in the game should not be organized zerg, not anything what might affect zerg behaviour or what is tempting to make zerg in a game.

But I can not help, timmyf, if you don’t understand what anti-zerg philosophy really means.

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

GW2 whole innovative concept was to create zergs. That is why there is no loot steal nor kill steal nor experience steal. The scaling system for the events is a mechanic created especially for zergiing. 1000 player battles aka WvW are meant to be zergs.

So, an anti-zergs philosophy is totally against the main concept of how this game has been created.

Making events scale only for a specific number of players leaving the others with no loot – see the scalet bosses fight in the last LS – introduces the new loot, kill, exp steal.

If you really like an anti zerg philosophy, please go an play all other MMOs where no one ever helps you kill a boss because they don’t get loot or exp, or you need to wait for the new spawn and be the first to target it to get the quest done.

Zergs make GW2 different from all other MMOs together with other useful features like TP, gathering nods, dye system etc.
Don’t ruin it with Anti-zerg philosophy which is anti (against) the game’s core concept.

@Sinope.
You are right. If they really want to have an anti-zerging system, they should do what you said plus adding the loot, kill, experience steal mechanic too. Then there wont be any zergs and no player will ever bother anyone else.

(edited by Ronah Lynda.2496)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well said gentlemen. THIS IS HOW THE MAJORITY OF YOUR PLAYERS FEEL ANET.

ZERG = FUN.
ACTUAL LOOT = FUN.

Only weirdos prefer to play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER Online game in small packs and boo and hiss should – God forbid – a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER crowd form.

I think you should avoid speaking for the majority of players based on forum comments. If you go read Reddit, for example, the response is overwhelmingly positive.

Also. That you think Massively Multiplayer is the same as Zerg is a little troubling.

Reddit is not necessarily great for observing people’s reactions since it’s a minority that goes there and posts.
You want to get a correct idea of what’s going on? Go in game and see how players feel about it and how empty and deserted it is compared to last year.

I’m sure Anet has access to metrics that can easily prove that this year’s QP is a smashing fail compared to last year’s.

Same with this forum – this forum is a minority and mostly here to complain and many don’t even play the game any more.

The game is NOT empty and deserted – if you think that then you are : 1. Blind. 2. NOT OBSERVANT. 3. A TROLL

Ronah Lynda.2496

ZERG = FUN.
ACTUAL LOOT = FUN.

Only weirdos prefer to play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER Online game in small packs and boo and hiss should – God forbid – a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER crowd form.

I think you should avoid speaking for the majority of players based on forum comments. If you go read Reddit, for example, the response is overwhelmingly positive.

Also. That you think Massively Multiplayer is the same as Zerg is a little troubling.

Reddit is not necessarily great for observing people’s reactions since it’s a minority that goes there and posts.
You want to get a correct idea of what’s going on? Go in game and see how players feel about it and how empty and deserted it is compared to last year.

I’m sure Anet has access to metrics that can easily prove that this year’s QP is a smashing fail compared to last year’s.

Same with this forum – this forum is a minority and mostly here to complain and many don’t even play the game any more.

The game is NOT empty and deserted – if you think that then you are : 1. Blind. 2. NOT OBSERVANT. 3. A TROLL

You think they created the Megaservers because the game is full of players? You are the one who doesn’t see the trick they did to hide the decreasing population.

Closing servers or merging them would have been a direct sign and the press would go wild advertising it as a sign of fail while creating megaservers it is like merging all servers into just a few without saying it directly.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I do love the new fights so great job on those and the accompanying mechanics! They really feels as hectic as proper boss fights should. Still not overly keen on the timer but the fights themselves are fun.

Shame about the rewards. I know you guys love your greens but I think you could at least squeeze a yellow or two in there, yeah? It seems kind of lame to turn up the difficulty while at the same time nerfing the rewards. People love getting that glittery chest at the end and when it contains nothing but poop it sours the experience a bit.

timmyf.1490

The headline of this thread is “Cheers for anti-zerg philosophy”

I just made a list what this headline means in a game, and if ArenaNet would do like headline says.

If you, timmyf, don’t know what anti- word means it is against something. So that who made this headline is cheering for anti-zerg philosophy, he is cheering for against zerg philosophy. And if ArenaNet really takes that headline seriously and make this game totally anti-zerg game, all those what I have been listing in there are really going to happen.

Your examples are against of anti-zerg philosophy too, anti-zerg means not zerg at all good zergs or bad zergs, what means in the game should not be organized zerg, not anything what might affect zerg behaviour or what is tempting to make zerg in a game.

But I can not help, timmyf, if you don’t understand what anti-zerg philosophy really means.

Well, if we are looking for a definition for “anti-zerg philosophy” AS INTENDED BY THE ORIGINAL POSTER, perhaps we could read his post, rather than just the headline.

Last year was awfull for me, there was no gameplay to be had there, it was just running around in a big zerg and spamming #1 skill. It was no fun. This time we need to split the zerg in medium size groups, and this time player skills matter more. So thank you for that, I really like the change, and I hope more of this will come, like marionete fights etc… Just make sure that you make events that scales well for medium number of people as well as for huge number.

The OP clearly states that he likes that the change requires a MEDIUM number of people – a large group split up into smaller groups.

Unlike, as you suggested repeatedly, absolutely no grouping at all.

Ronah Lynda.2496

The OP clearly states that he likes that the change requires a MEDIUM number of people – a large group split up into smaller groups.

MEDIUM and MEGASERVERS don’t fit in the same shoes like MEDIUM and GUESTING didn’t fit either.

timmyf.1490

MEDIUM and MEGASERVERS don’t fit in the same shoes like MEDIUM and GUESTING didn’t fit either.

100 people per map =/= 100 people stacked on a tag. That is a zerg.

100 people per map split into 6 groups = 18 on a boss. That is not a zerg. Or it’s a small zerg anyhow.

Realistically, you have more like 90 on a map and 15-20 doing Gauntlet. So it’s 70-75. Split 6 ways, 12 per boss. Which is about what you want.

Megaserver and this event are designed to go together. People just aren’t doing it correctly.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Pretty much. When the server caps allow for 70+ people, even splitting them up into groups of 10 is unlikely. And since megaserver groups are far more transient, the learning rate for the population as a whole just sank in the toilet.

I believe, much like Teq and Wurm, that a dedicated group can get gold, by splitting into moderately sized groups and doing a simultaneous takedown. Problem is, stray groups barely have a chance of finishing the run at all.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Sinope.5630

The headline of this thread is “Cheers for anti-zerg philosophy”

Well, if we are looking for a definition for “anti-zerg philosophy” AS INTENDED BY THE ORIGINAL POSTER, perhaps we could read his post, rather than just the headline.

Last year was awfull for me, there was no gameplay to be had there, it was just running around in a big zerg and spamming #1 skill. It was no fun. This time we need to split the zerg in medium size groups, and this time player skills matter more. So thank you for that, I really like the change, and I hope more of this will come, like marionete fights etc… Just make sure that you make events that scales well for medium number of people as well as for huge number.

So you think that there is not any inconsistency, between the headline and OP’s post. I see that he has made most negative headline to his post and then talking things different subject.

Infact he is even thanking devs how they have made this anti-zerg philosophy works, but don’t understand either what that really means. (Yes timmyf, you didn’t take it in your quote)

So I put my post in there, what describe that headline more that OP’s post. So if you think it is wrong to write something what is totally correct with headline, then you should think twice.

But headline “Cheers for anti-zerg philosophy” is just first notes to the single player game or those MMO games what have kill steal, loot steal, resources steal and ect. Those another MMO’s are totally anti-zerg philosophy games. And it is not fitting in GW2 gaming model.

Ronah Lynda.2496

Megaserver and this event are designed to go together. People just aren’t doing it correctly.

When QD train was “derailed” by some new player who didn’t know the rotation we heard the same People just aren’t doing it correctly all over the map chat.
All these players who “imposed” the rules were pointed out as anti-social and jerks
Now, if A-net wants us to " play by the rules" because People just aren’t doing it correctly it seem very social and cheerful

timmyf.1490

So you think that there is not any inconsistency, between the headline and OP’s post. I see that he has made most negative headline to his post and then talking things different subject.

Headlines can only be 40 characters long. 40 characters is often not enough to completely express your opinion.

The opinion of the original post is clear. Your response had little-to-nothing to do with the actual post. You made up your own conclusion based on the headline and made it a joke.

That’s the last I have to say about it.

timmyf.1490

When QD train was “derailed” by some new player who didn’t know the rotation we heard the same People just aren’t doing it correctly all over the map chat.
All these players who “imposed” the rules were pointed out as anti-social and jerks
Now, if A-net wants us to " play by the rules" because People just aren’t doing it correctly it seem very social and cheerful

I was never a fan of the Queensdale train precisely because of the toxicity it created. I never agreed with those rules.

That said: do you dispute that splitting into 6 groups and killing all 6 bosses is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz? Or are you disagreeing with me for some other reason?

Sinope.5630

Headlines can only be 40 characters long. 40 characters is often not enough to completely express your opinion.

The opinion of the original post is clear. Your response had little-to-nothing to do with the actual post. You made up your own conclusion based on the headline and made it a joke.

That’s the last I have to say about it.

Yes, that only shows that you ran out of arguments.

Yes Headlines are only 40 characters long. This would be more descriptive headline:

“Cheers for new Pavilion event style” Right? It fits, it tells all, it is more descriptive for headline than “Cheer for anti-zerg philosophy”.

If that headline would have been what I put in there, then I would have post totally different post what I did. I did not made a joke for the post, I made my post more fitting for headline, what didn’t fit the real post at all.

Ronah Lynda.2496

I was never a fan of the Queensdale train precisely because of the toxicity it created. I never agreed with those rules.

That said: do you dispute that splitting into 6 groups and killing all 6 bosses is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz? Or are you disagreeing with me for some other reason?

Spliting people in groups and limiting their numbers is what i am disputing.
it is wrong and it is against the whole game core concept: scaling events.

If there are only 5 people doing an event, fine, let it be, but if there are 100 people doing it, why try to split them up instead of making the event scale up accordingly and not only increasing the foes life bar?
They did a good job with Scarlet’s Invasion up until they spawned Elites instead of Champions.

timmyf.1490

If there are only 5 people doing an event, fine, let it be, but if there are 100 people doing it, why try to split them up instead of making the event scale up accordingly and not only increasing the foes life bar?

That’s a really good question! Reasons you might not want 100 people at a boss:

1) People with low-performing computers have awful framerates
2) Lots of graphical effects make it hard to see a boss and its tells, leading to rather boring gameplay – remember, GW2 is supposed to have “action combat”
3) Condition caps mean that players with condition builds are nearly useless
4) Not only can you not see the boss, but you can’t even really see other players! Smaller groups make it more likely that you’ll eventually notice the same people playing with you. (This requires megaserver to improve its placement of players in servers, so it may not be a factor yet.)
5) Each player feels less of an impact on the boss – doing 5% of the total damage feels like I’m doing more than doing 1% of the total damage.

Here’s a question for you: what is BETTER about 100 players attacking a single boss than 20 players attacking each of five bosses? Or 17 players attacking each of six bosses?

Ronah Lynda.2496

That’s a really good question! Reasons you might not want 100 people at a boss:

1) People with low-performing computers have awful framerates
2) Lots of graphical effects make it hard to see a boss and its tells, leading to rather boring gameplay – remember, GW2 is supposed to have “action combat”
3) Condition caps mean that players with condition builds are nearly useless
4) Not only can you not see the boss, but you can’t even really see other players! Smaller groups make it more likely that you’ll eventually notice the same people playing with you. (This requires megaserver to improve its placement of players in servers, so it may not be a factor yet.)
5) Each player feels less of an impact on the boss – doing 5% of the total damage feels like I’m doing more than doing 1% of the total damage.

Here’s a question for you: what is BETTER about 100 players attacking a single boss than 20 players attacking each of five bosses? Or 17 players attacking each of six bosses?

Answer:
The freedom of not following the rules. Players have different goals (read achievements)
Commanders telling them to go to specific bosses just for the whole event to succeed conflicts with their personal goals.
If 100 players attack one boss at a time they all are guaranteed all boss kill achievements in one run.
Spliting up between bosses will always make those who miss one boss kill achievement to go only for it so the numbers will not be equal. besides, you are forced to do the event more then one time to get all boss kill achievements unless you are doing littel damage on one boss then run to the other and then to another till you “tag” them all so you are not forced to play the event more times.

A-nets wants us to play the event more times and they trick us with achievements and this is the reason many people play QP now. They should make the event fun to play or at least rewarding so we play it more times becasue we “want” to not because we “need” to

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes Headlines are only 40 characters long. This would be more descriptive headline:

“Cheers for new Pavilion event style” Right? It fits, it tells all, it is more descriptive for headline than “Cheer for anti-zerg philosophy”.

Nnnope. The “Cheers for new Pavilion event style” tells that “pay in-game gold to start event”, “extremely poor rewards for all tiers, especially lower” and “splitting the zerg in 6 groups” are all good. Yet the OP’s title “Cheer for anti-zerg philosophy” states that “splitting the zerg in 6 groups” is good only, which is backed by the post itself telling us “I personally do not care about loot but many people do and won’t play this awesome content unless rewards are made on par.”

20 level 80s and counting.

timmyf.1490

A-nets wants us to play the event more times and they trick us with achievements and this is the reason many people play QP now. They should make the event fun to play or at least rewarding so we play it more times becasue we “want” to not because we “need” to

I have many problems with the way ArenaNet handles achievements and made a long, (I like to think) thoughtful post about it. You can read that here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Herding-Cats-in-the-Living-World

That said, the achievements exist for people who put in the effort to get them. If you only want to do the event ONE SINGLE TIME, do you really think you deserve to get all the achievements?

Posted by: Faerun.3091

Faerun.3091

I’m sorry if my thread name lead to the wrong conclusion… But in my defence I really couldn’t figure out better headline at the time.
I think some people here missunderstood me, and to an extend haven’t read my postS. In one of them I said that I dislike instanced content because it’s not MMOish enough, only 5 man, and that I’m all for big/medium group content, that is why I mostly play WvW and open world PvE. But having 100 people on my screen at all these big events/world bosses is sometimes too much. Like I said in previous posts, this content has it’s place in the GW2, and by all means they should keep adding zergish events. BUT please keep adding events that are focused on medium groups of 20-60 people.
Like Lishtenbird.2814 said, Crown Pavilion isn’t played as much because of the loot. And I might add two more reasons for it:
*people don’t read map chat and ignore everyone else (is that griefing in this case) because they don’t want to, or they have map chat language filter which makes organizing and communicating really hard if not impossible,
*lack off in game means of better communication. Commander tag isn’t enough for these kind of evetns, and getting random people on TS, raises a question which TS?

(edited by Faerun.3091)

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ok, I’ve come from some more runs in Crown Pavilion….
It’s unfortunate that most people don’t want to listen to anything I or any other commander on the map said. It’s basicly RNG if I’m going to get in a shard where people want to listen/read map chat. So I had some amazingly bad runs and some amazing runs

This event needs about 48-60 people. If you want to get a gold chest you need to split up 8-10 people per boss, no more since they upscale so hard that makes them HARD to kill, and it’s nor fun at all. When you do split you need to kill all bosses realtivly at the same time. So same stuff as with great jungle wurm, get bosses down to 10% of HP and then go for the kill. This is done so other bosses don’t get additional abilites from other bosses. We found out that this tactic is golden Since everytime we did it, we got gold chest. In gold chest you get 8 champ bags + festive tokens and gauntlet tickets.

Now this thread isn’t about rewards, cause like I said in my OP, rewards doesn’t seem balanced now… I just wanted to say that I love that Anet is adding hard content for medium sized group of people. We have Teq/Wurm for massive ammount of people, we have content for solo and small amount of people, but hard content for 40-60 people is missing in game.

Exactly this to many zerger scrubs to achieve the gold chest consistently though.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

ZERG = FUN.
ACTUAL LOOT = FUN.

You think they created the Megaservers because the game is full of players? You are the one who doesn’t see the trick they did to hide the decreasing population.

Closing servers or merging them would have been a direct sign and the press would go wild advertising it as a sign of fail while creating megaservers it is like merging all servers into just a few without saying it directly.

I was not saying the game is empty and deserted.
I’m saying QP is. And that’s because it’s been changed in a bad way which makes people steer clear of it ( thus QP being empty and deserted).

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Babow.1952

Babow.1952

there was no gameplay to be had there, it was just running around in a big zerg and spamming #1 skill. It was no fun. This time we need to split the zerg in medium size groups, and this time player skills matter more.

This is exactly how I feel about world bosses and Orr temple events, and after megaservers why I hardly ever bother with them….which, unfortunately, means I hardly play at all anymore. =(

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That said: do you dispute that splitting into 6 groups and killing all 6 bosses is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz?

I agree – splitting into 6 groups, killing all the bosses at the same time, and making all the additional players sit afk in the middle in order to not upscale any of the groups is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz. Just as killing champs in order was the “right way” to do the Queensdale champ train. Doesn’t mean that either of those was a good idea, or that people playing differently are playing wrong.

there was no gameplay to be had there, it was just running around in a big zerg and spamming #1 skill. It was no fun. This time we need to split the zerg in medium size groups, and this time player skills matter more.

Ironically, i found the event this time even less fun than mindless zerging of its previous edition.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

timmyf.1490

That said: do you dispute that splitting into 6 groups and killing all 6 bosses is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz?

I agree – splitting into 6 groups, killing all the bosses at the same time, and making all the additional players sit afk in the middle in order to not upscale any of the groups is the “right way” to do Boss Blitz. Just as killing champs in order was the “right way” to do the Queensdale champ train. Doesn’t mean that either of those was a good idea, or that people playing differently are playing wrong.

6 bosses. About 12 players per boss. 72 players can do bosses.

Given the 100 player soft cap plus the fact that there’s a good number doing Gauntlet, you should NEVER have to ask somebody to stand in the middle and not play.

Unless you mean after a group kills their boss. Then yeah, that’s where this gets tougher.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So playing in zerg where you just spam #1 skill is fun?

Okay….

2-5-manning Inquest Golem, Svanir Shaman, Caledon Wurm was a lot of fun. 5-8-manning Fire Elemental was also fun, because it combined challenge, risk and guaranteed reward.

Mechanics of the new bosses are more or less interesting, despite a lot of things still being the zerker meta – immune to crowd control, unreflectable projectiles and so on – and still requiring mini-zergs because of HP amounts.

But the time-reward ratio is so awful that I think it is actually worth boycotting the events after achievements are done.

Exactly my thoughts. The rewards system in this game is getting worse not better.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Lishtenbird.2814

Exactly my thoughts. The rewards system in this game is getting worse not better.

After the reward buff the event got far more bearable – 6 champ bags in worst case scenario, more for silver (realistic with 2-3 commanders and some organisation) and more for gold (realistic with 6 groups and some people on TS). And people (some at least) are starting to understand the importance of splitting as well as the incentive to do so. Still, a lot of times it goes through the same pattern:

• Zerger: Which boss first?
  • Me: You need to split in 6 groups.
  • Zerger: No, we need a zerg.
  • Me: 10+ people make bosses take 40+ minutes to kill.
  • Zerger: Any commander?
  • Dorito shows up.
  • In 10 minutes dorito disappears.
  • In the next hour, still 0 bosses are defeated.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

After the reward buff the event got far more bearable – 6 champ bags in worst case scenario, more for silver (realistic with 2-3 commanders and some organisation) and more for gold (realistic with 6 groups and some people on TS). And people (some at least) are starting to understand the importance of splitting as well as the incentive to do so. Still, a lot of times it goes through the same pattern:

• Dorito shows up.

you mean the system of killing all 6 bosses and getting 2 greens and three tokens? yeah because that’s fun right?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

Up to now most open-World Updates mostly rewarded running in a circle pressing 111!! … While being fun from time to time it`s not really interesting in a long run.
Good Loot alone does not equal fun.

At least now they are trying hard to give us something different then “just another Zerg-Train”…
And I like seeing some coordination in Open-World. I like seeing the players I fight with (not just an anonymous Mass of 75+). It doesn’t work perfectly, but Queens Jubilee1.0 wasn`t the peak of Game-Design either.

Lishtenbird.2814

• Dorito shows up.

you mean the system of killing all 6 bosses and getting 2 greens and three tokens? yeah because that’s fun right?

I agree that ANet has problem communicating changes, but if you’re using forums, you should have seen this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-20-2014/first#post4054065

6 champ bags + 40 tokens for bronze and 10 champ bags + 80 tokens for gold are quite ok. In a fairly organised instance getting 10 champ bags + 80 tokens + random tokens and gauntlet tickets from mobs every 15-20 minutes looks worth doing IMO, even with the gold sink.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

• Dorito shows up.

I agree that ANet has problem communicating changes, but if you’re using forums, you should have seen this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-20-2014/first#post4054065

6 champ bags + 40 tokens for bronze and 10 champ bags + 80 tokens for gold are quite ok. In a fairly organised instance getting 10 champ bags + 80 tokens + random tokens and gauntlet tickets from mobs every 15-20 minutes looks worth doing IMO, even with the gold sink.

Yah it can rack up under controlled conditions. Woodenpotatoes in his latest QnA was saying he and his guild gathered on a single instance and pretty much did an organized farm on it for a few hours and got crazy amounts of loot.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter