China release trailer

China release trailer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

you really raging over a trailer? also the chinese voice acting is terrible.

Oceanic [LOD]

China release trailer

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Aw. I thought China gets a different GW2. lol

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

China release trailer

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

you really raging over a trailer?

China release trailer

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Aw. I thought China gets a different GW2. lol

me too

wait, imagine when Chinese people will buy it. 10 million people , 20 million people ?
OMG a whole European country for that matter LOL
That’s the full funding for Cantha , yey

(edited by Ronah.2869)

China release trailer

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

Well, first thing what came in my mind. Is that really same game what I am playing? That trailer was awesome! But still is it really same game? I saw that kind of cut-scenes in there what I have never seen in this game.

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

China release trailer

Ronah.2869

After seeing this trailer, it makes me buy GW2 again, even if I already have one LOL

China release trailer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Arenanet clearly loves China and hates us! QQ

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

China release trailer

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I want their hairstyles!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

China release trailer

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

C’mon people…

With all the negativity that players have been passing to others, it’s more than obvious they needed a strong marketing process to attract more players (in this case Chinese players) to the game.

If it’s better than the one we received at start? Yes it is, and it always should be. It’s a ongoing process for Anet. I’ll start worrying when the quality starts going downhill, cause it means they don’t give a crap anymore…

Bottom line. Get over it!
/Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

China release trailer

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

The English voice acting in the game is also terrible, so no difference there.

The trailer by itself looks pretty awesome though. Sadly, the game isn’t actually quite that, but that’s my personal opinion of course.

I do think though that GW2 was made with Asia in the back of their minds. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would prove to be a bigger hit there than here. And since the financial report already showed that the income for GW2 has gone down considerably (which happens to pretty much ever MMO so this is not meant as a stab), the timing is right.

It does make me wonder though if the West wasn’t the big beta so they could get the game ready for the China release, but hey, that’s tin foil hat stuff of course

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

China release trailer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The trailer by itself looks pretty awesome though. Sadly, the game isn’t actually quite that, but that’s my personal opinion of course.

I do think though that GW2 was made with Asia in the back of their minds. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would prove to be a bigger hit there than here. And since the financial report already showed that the income for GW2 has gone down considerably (which happens to pretty much ever MMO so this is not meant as a stab), the timing is right.

It does make me wonder though if the West wasn’t the big beta so they could get the game ready for the China release, but hey, that’s tin foil hat stuff of course

Ah, conspiracies! NCSoft is a North Korean company, but they aren’t the publisher for the Chinese release.

China release trailer

Louveepine.7630

By cons, according to their trailer, they do not come from the promontory? but but? why? one day we vera place where they come from? é_è

China release trailer

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Ah, conspiracies! NCSoft is a North Korean company, but they aren’t the publisher for the Chinese release.

North Korea have gaming companies?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

China release trailer

Posted by: mesocosm.6107

mesocosm.6107

Very swish, me likey.

China release trailer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Im raging over how anet dealed with us, giving us crappy trailer at launch, but giving china this epic thing.

Wow, people will cry over anything.

Firstly, a lot of the things shown in that trailer was added after game launch.

Secondly, really? You’re crying over a trailer? Can you not just watch foreign films and shorts in their language and enjoy it? You really have to demand a dubbing!? If you asked for a translation or subtitles, maybe you wouldn’t sound like such a self-centered whiner, but geeze…

China release trailer

Viking Jorun.5413

North Korea have gaming companies?

I meant South Korea << >>

China release trailer

Leo G.4501

One could say the same thing about another MMO I’ve been eager to try, Blade and Soul, but it’s taking SOOOOO kittening long to release, that theory is quickly debunked.

China release trailer

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

Is this a separate GW2 from ours? Or is Anet adding additional servers for the chinese version?

Jade Quarry

China release trailer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Is this a separate GW2 from ours? Or is Anet adding additional servers for the chinese version?

You can be there will be chinese servers.

China release trailer

Viking Jorun.5413

Additional servers. It’s just like the German and Spanish versions, but unlike the Spanish who use EU servers, China is half a world away. I forsee this drastically reducing the SEA and Asian presence on a lot of top tier WvW servers.

China release trailer

Leo G.4501

Im raging over how anet dealed with us, giving us crappy trailer at launch, but giving china this epic thing.

Secondly, really? You’re crying over a trailer? Can you not just watch foreign films and shorts in their language and enjoy it? You really have to demand a dubbing!? If you asked for a translation or subtitles, maybe you wouldn’t sound like such a self-centered whiner, but geeze…

._. I don’t think you quite understand. I’m not raging for giving China good trailer.

I’m raging what we get at the launch >_>

So, is ‘raging’ serving any purpose for something that’s already done? Not like Anet has a time machine to go back and give you a better one. And it’s not like Anet didn’t release a dozen other teasers and videos of the game around that time.

Honestly, the US trailer you linked to is literally the 1st time I’ve ever seen that. I was actually thinking you accidentally linked to the wrong video since it wasn’t even close to the 6+ other teasers I had seen of the game before purchasing.

China release trailer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Now if they only would be able to deliver that kind of feeling in the REAL game as well …

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

China release trailer

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Omg! I want what they have!

The dragons looked as good as ever but the Chinese players aren’t going to be disappointed by those events.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

China release trailer

Posted by: Kittikai.6045

Kittikai.6045

I like the english trailer better. It clearly shows that more money was alloted in making it. That’s my opinion. peace

China release trailer

Viking Jorun.5413

._. I don’t think you quite understand. I’m not raging for giving China good trailer.

So, is ‘raging’ serving any purpose for something that’s already done? Not like Anet has a time machine to go back and give you a better one. And it’s not like Anet didn’t release a dozen other teasers and videos of the game around that time.

Honestly, the US trailer you linked to is literally the 1st time I’ve ever seen that. I was actually thinking you accidentally linked to the wrong video since it wasn’t even close to the 6+ other teasers I had seen of the game before purchasing.

That was their horrible commercial, not the launch trailer (despite the video description)

China release trailer

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

That one was meh. Though I did want the girl in the red dress.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

China release trailer

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I demand, I kittening demand english dubbing for china trailer.

This is what can happen when English is translated into Chinese and then back into English:

Caithe: A line have beened distorted by the dark world. We must go out, we must be everywhere in search of. Our dichotomy opens the combat!

Zojja: Resemble the last time? Worry to lose is to lead to the evil augury.

Caithe: He big in nothing important in big elephant. I hope these dreamses really can’t become.

Logan: Giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection. Only guarantee my cuckoldry the safety.

Rytlock: Smelly boy. The geography that I stands compares you superior. You this time ran do not, Drop.

Logan: See again drag along the see again!

Rytlock: Kiss too loudly.

Caithe: Only have a little bit the immodesty we all lose.

Zojja: Do not want. The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly.

Eir: I can’t walk last with you, you a road for running about. This is really too stick. The wish power are together with you.

(For those who may not be aware of it, all these lines are from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith as translated into Chinese with English subtitles translated from the Chinese. For more, look up ‘backstroke of the west’.)

The table is a fable.

China release trailer

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Cantha confirmed.

China release trailer

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Never understood a word of that but i thought it was really awesome. If only they would release language packs while still keeping English texts.

China release trailer

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Good, China has Guild Wars 2. Can we get the canthan district back now?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

China release trailer

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

If it is anything like the GW1 release in China, China will get their own servers which are on their own data centre and will only be open to players who buy the Chinese version of the game.

I also assume they will get their own trading post which isn’t connected to the rest of the world.

China release trailer

Gehenna.3625

Well Anet themselves have always been in Seattle, but I have always wondered why GW2 had a much more Asian feel to it, specifically in the character creator. I do wonder what it would mean for the game though. I haven’t read up so are these people going to be playing the same game with the same updates…or are they going to have separate servers doing their own thing?

The reason I wonder is that GW2 already has a lot of Korean style written all over it and if the game becomes a big hit over in Asia, those players will have a bigger voice than we do. That could take the game in entirely new directions.

NcSoft already tried to make a MMO to appeal to both east and west, called Aion. I played it for a while but it was no big success in the west. GW2 has clearly taken over a fair number of things from Aion. So, time will tell what the impact will be on the game once Asia goes nuts on GW2

China release trailer

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

As a Traditional Chinese player, I’d like to point out the Chinese voice acting in this trailer is
VERY

BAD

like just bad. Period.

this new trailer is awesome ONLY if muted. I simply cannot understand why such an epic new piec needs to be ruined by the horrendous voices..

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

(edited by Ferik.3127)

China release trailer

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I demand a US/UK release. How did we get shafted with this real life crap trailer?

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

China release trailer

Louveepine.7630

oooh, it’s sad that they have no maps = (

China release trailer

Gehenna.3625

this new trailer is awesome ONLY if muted. I simply cannot understand why such an epic new piec needs to be ruined by the horrendous voices..

Funny enough, that’s how I felt about GW2 in general when it came out. I came back just to play it very casually but I still skip all the conversations because they are horrendous. I guess they are staying with that tradition in the Chinese version.

But let’s be honest, when a game has no sub model, this can be expected. They have to cut corners somewhere to make it work and this is one of those things apparently.

China release trailer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Considering the fact that GW2 has loads of voice acted dialogue I don’t think their budget was low on that. Some actors are also pretty well known.

Also your post implies that sub-based games earn more revenue, which is something that goes against recent evidence.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

China release trailer

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I think we got much better videos.

I really like this one:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAQiIesrGg

And this one:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YEdr8HHJ-zU

And of course the Manifesto, despite how much of it isn’t true anymore:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

China release trailer

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

I thought the English trailer was a troll.. until my worst nightmare become true.. and I saw the guild wars 2 characters appear.. and then thankfully after the butch man woman norn yell.. and the dragon it was over. Holy poop. Please.

China release trailer

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

That is a pretty cool trailer, especially the end.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

China release trailer

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They had more practice for the 2nd one. IMO ours was on the right track but they shoulda made a sexy retro live action trailer like Super Adventure Box’s.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

China release trailer

Gehenna.3625

Considering the fact that GW2 has loads of voice acted dialogue I don’t think their budget was low on that. Some actors are also pretty well known.

Also your post implies that sub-based games earn more revenue, which is something that goes against recent evidence.

Well, then I don’t know why they have made such bad voice acting in this game.

Sub based games do generate more income when successful. The problem is that they haven’t been successful since WoW basically. And as we know all existing MMOs that still have subs tend to have some form of cash shop along with it. So yeh, that combination does bring in more cash.

So you show me where this evidence is that games with subs dont generate more income (because I’m pretty sure WoW’s still doing just fine with millions of active subs) and I will reconsider your point. But make sure that you actually have evidence that shows that a successful game with subs makes less than a succesful game without subs and not that MMOs have been losing subs, because that’s not the same.

China release trailer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That was bloody amazing…

However, I don’t expect them to make a whole new trailer, I’m sure the reason they made this cinematic trailer is because they learned from the mistakes of the live action one (which was honestly, so bad I still have never been able to sit through the whole thing, and I normally like abstract artsy stuff like that).

However, it would be awesome if we could get this translated in to English, many a times I’ve thought ‘It would be cool if we had a trailer to show friends… that didn’t freak them out and turn them away from the game…’, now, we could, if it gets translated in to english.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

China release trailer

Ronah.2869

If it is anything like the GW1 release in China, China will get their own servers which are on their own data centre and will only be open to players who buy the Chinese version of the game.

I also assume they will get their own trading post which isn’t connected to the rest of the world.

This is very much the sad truth but I would like them to join whatever server they want not only Chinese servers and fill up the empty zones we have now

China release trailer

Posted by: ParnAshwind.4823

ParnAshwind.4823

China’s trailer is more aggressive and promotes WAR!!!!

I think they will reinvent “zerk” in WvW =D

China release trailer

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

China is a huge market for MMORPG. For companies that only care about money; China is where they get most of it.

China release trailer

Leo G.4501

Funny enough, that’s how I felt about GW2 in general when it came out. I came back just to play it very casually but I still skip all the conversations because they are horrendous. I guess they are staying with that tradition in the Chinese version.

But let’s be honest, when a game has no sub model, this can be expected. They have to cut corners somewhere to make it work and this is one of those things apparently.

Opinions will be opinions then.

Granted, there are some (well, quite a few more than some) bad voice actor segments, more than half I feel are passable, especially considering the voice acting in some other US games, and a few are very enjoyable.

Of course, the person you quoted could just be a picky little kitten so who knows.

China release trailer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

While I love the trailer visually…………the voices……..don’t fit for the most part.

Also, I could only focus on the guy stabbing himself in the throat at the 43 second mark.

China release trailer

Leo G.4501

Its official launch trailer.

And serious question, am I the only person who hadn’t seen that trailer until today?

China release trailer

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I have three thoughts:
1. Nice video.
2. I still can’t believe they approved that silly design for Zhaitan.
3. Think of all the sales they’d have lost if there was Canthan architecture in that video. /sarcasm