China release trailer

China release trailer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So, more botters now? I didnt find it anything more interesting that the gw2 english trailers to be honest.

China release trailer

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Nice game when can I play it? The animations are spot on though.

You need better writers for your Chinese voice actors imo, the best lines were the asura ones which convey the characterisation of a scientific race quite nicely.

Expect the same QQs in Chinese about the balance and gameplay changes. Hope your forum servers can handle the load.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

China release trailer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

So, more botters now? I didnt find it anything more interesting that the gw2 english trailers to be honest.

funny thing is, most of the demand for gold or legendary items are from players of other countries, so yea, blame the Chinese gold farmers…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

China release trailer

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

the “Our Time is Now” trailer was the strangest video I’ve ever seen from any gaming company. I thought it was a joke until the last few seconds of the video lol

I thought it was a support to “Occupy Wallstreet” at first haha

China release trailer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

the “Our Time is Now” trailer was the strangest video I’ve ever seen from any gaming company. I thought it was a joke until the last few seconds of the video lol

I see your strangest claim and up you one Japanese zelda commercial

China release trailer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

That’s not strange, that’s awesome.

And is that Link a girl?

China release trailer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

That’s not strange, that’s awesome.

And is that Link a girl?

Yes

And yes I agree, Link makes a rather cute girl.

I know you didn’t ask that…….but you know I’m right.

China release trailer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Okay, I watched that US trailer again and I say, if they just cut about 1min30sec of the live action, leaving about 15sec live action, it wouldn’t be that bad. It’s bad because it’s nearly 2min of not-GW2.

Even if the whole trailer amounted to less than a minute…short and sweet can be just as effective. Cutting out most of the dialog from the Chinese trailer, leaving mostly the action and a few seconds of dialog at the end would be better. As is, I’m more or less ‘meh’ about the Chinese trailer. It’s alright but bogged down by the not-fighting-in-bullet-time-dragon-busting parts.

China release trailer

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

you really raging over a trailer? also the chinese voice acting is terrible.

Im raging over how anet dealed with us, giving us crappy trailer at launch, but giving china this epic thing.

at launch they wanted to keep things hidden. this is not launch, so the trailer reveals more.

China release trailer

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Call me crazy, but 3:15 to 3:18 looks like a duel.

China release trailer

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Call me crazy, but 3:15 to 3:18 looks like a duel.

Oh god, here we go again…

China release trailer

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Is this a separate GW2 from ours? Or is Anet adding additional servers for the chinese version?

It is different and will be on different servers. The company running guild wars 2 in china is NOT Ncsoft. Foreign companies cannot run MMORPG in china. So they wont be any connections like U.S/E.U.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

China release trailer

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

1) Lie down.
2) Try not to cry.
3) Cry a lot.
… after seeing the GW2 commercial…

I hope whoever green-lighted that thing was sent to fight Zaithan with a butter knife.

Awesome commercial for China! I hope they will pull in more people!

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

China release trailer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And here we see the difference between promoting a game that’s been out for a year with millions of hours of you-tube footage having already made the rounds – using in-game footage only fairly factual presentation…

…Versus the high concept bullkitten they threw at us with the manifesto and a video that included about 9 seconds of in-game imagery. That’s the sort of antics they could only get away with pre-launch.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

China release trailer

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

imo the themes shown in it bug me, when combined with what i know about how gw2 is

China release trailer

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Trailer looks a lot funner than the game actually is to me. Really nice trailer.

China release trailer

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Just saw the trailer for the new guildwars.

Moving to China now.

By

China release trailer

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Trailer looks a lot funner than the game actually is to me. Really nice trailer.

Isn’t that the purpose of a trailer? Rarely or never have you seen a trailer that shows how NOT fun a game is.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

China release trailer

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I have three thoughts:
1. Nice video.
2. I still can’t believe they approved that silly design for Zhaitan.
3. Think of all the sales they’d have lost if there was Canthan architecture in that video. /sarcasm

Yeah, the thing people forget that GW1 suffered because of the Chinese market. We had things taken out because it was not politically correct. However some of that stuff came back after the GW1 servers were shut down in China. Like the Panda ranger pet.

So I would not be too surprised if this was another reason why Cantha is being also held back. Especially if NCsoft as a closer demographic (being a South Korean company) is the overseer of the Chinese market, and it’s “political correctness.”

China release trailer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Really good trailer. I wish the sound design had that much impact in the game..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

China release trailer

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

China release trailer

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Typical trolling in the video showing cultural armor in a pvp map which isn’t available until rank 60 for t1…….

China release trailer

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Oh, that should be interesting. Maybe they are planning on changing how cultural armor works.
It would be funny to see Sylvari cultural on Charr.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

China release trailer

Posted by: zallesz.1650

zallesz.1650

guys…3:58
that is a sylvari wearing human cultural t2…. now that is what I call WTF
explanation? theories?

China release trailer

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

In the west MMOs are all about the expression of the individual. Thus we get the disaffected teens and young 20 somethings gathering and emerging in Tyria as a variety of characters.

In Asia MMOs are more team oriented therefore they get scenes of armies forming to fight off the forces of evil and quite a bit of WvW gameplay. GuildWars was popular in Asia as an e-sport so the trailer also has a number of PvP gameplay moments.

Yes the opening is beautiful and the art style in the game meshes well with Chinese/Asia watercolor style art. They seem to have changed the risen a bit but that’s understandable due to the cultural taboo on undead.

Overall it wasn’t bad. Different due to the audience it’s catering to.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

China release trailer

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I want their hairstyles!

Got any specific times when they show up in the video?

China release trailer

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

HOLY kitten I wish the game was HALF AS GOOD as that trailer! Also, that other trailer almost makes me want to stop playing it is so stupid.

China release trailer

Posted by: Pravda.7641

Pravda.7641

I have no idea what the hell they’re even saying in that trailer, and its my favorite guild wars 2 trailer of all time.

China release trailer

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Heh heh heh…. that other one’s up to 5000 dislikes now.

Yeah the one China got was epic… right up until the Bear+Longbow
(… can you say Hamstorm?)

China release trailer

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

awesome trailer, but can you imagine the zhaitan fight complain thread on the chinese forums once they realise how ‘epic’ it really is? :P

China release trailer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

awesome trailer, but can you imagine the zhaitan fight complain thread on the chinese forums once they realise how ‘epic’ it really is? :P

Colin said that it’s one of their top priorities, fixing the fight and admitted that it was rushed days prior to launch.

China release trailer

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have to admit that trailers shows a lot more about GW2 then the one you linked (the time is now one). Of course we have had a lot of stuff added since launch and also had all the videos during beta.

Either way this one feels really good put together and you see a ton of stuff that better explains the game imo.

I assume marketing knows how to appeal to the masses more then I do, but I definitely prefer this one.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

China release trailer

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

And later on there would be GW2 Manifesto (Chinese Version).
Boy they are in for a Big Shock later on lol!

China release trailer

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

New idle animation coming?

I want to pet my wolf like Eir.

China release trailer

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

1. Add English voices.
2. Release it on the 1-year anniversary.
3 ???
4. Profit!

China release trailer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

LMAO Ill be embarrassed to tell my friends I play guild wars if they ever see that second trailer! >.<

China release trailer

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I guess it’s time for anet to double their servers again.

China release trailer

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

New idle animation coming?

I want to pet my wolf like Eir.

You can pet Eir? :o

China release trailer

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I demand, I kittening demand english dubbing for china trailer.

This is what can happen when English is translated into Chinese and then back into English:

Caithe: A line have beened distorted by the dark world. We must go out, we must be everywhere in search of. Our dichotomy opens the combat!

Zojja: Resemble the last time? Worry to lose is to lead to the evil augury.

Caithe: He big in nothing important in big elephant. I hope these dreamses really can’t become.

Logan: Giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection. Only guarantee my cuckoldry the safety.

Rytlock: Smelly boy. The geography that I stands compares you superior. You this time ran do not, Drop.

Logan: See again drag along the see again!

Rytlock: Kiss too loudly.

Caithe: Only have a little bit the immodesty we all lose.

Zojja: Do not want. The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly.

Eir: I can’t walk last with you, you a road for running about. This is really too stick. The wish power are together with you.

(For those who may not be aware of it, all these lines are from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith as translated into Chinese with English subtitles translated from the Chinese. For more, look up ‘backstroke of the west’.)

That gave me such a great laugh. Thank you for that.

Also
When this thread first showed up (when the OP accidentally made two duplicate postings of this thread) I almost posted first saying: “So that’s what Guild Wars 2 looks like. I’ve been playing the wrong game for 11 months!” It seems others have the same thoughts regarding the actual game and that video. We knew what we were getting when GW2 came out and we got what what was presented to us; it’s gorgeous and I’m pretty happy with it. But I feel sorry for the peoples of China being presented with this piece of misrepresenting/deceptive advertising. What they’re being shown is a completely different game.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

China release trailer

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Very few videos have caused my mouth to just hang open in utter confusion at what I was seeing. This is now counted among them.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

China release trailer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

you really raging over a trailer? also the chinese voice acting is terrible.

Im raging over how anet dealed with us, giving us crappy trailer at launch, but giving china this epic thing.

at launch they wanted to keep things hidden. this is not launch, so the trailer reveals more.

The first trailer released after there had already been a beta weekend…

(edited by Conncept.7638)

China release trailer

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

In the west MMOs are all about the expression of the individual. Thus we get the disaffected teens and young 20 somethings gathering and emerging in Tyria as a variety of characters.

In Asia MMOs are more team oriented therefore they get scenes of armies forming to fight off the forces of evil and quite a bit of WvW gameplay. GuildWars was popular in Asia as an e-sport so the trailer also has a number of PvP gameplay moments.

Yes the opening is beautiful and the art style in the game meshes well with Chinese/Asia watercolor style art. They seem to have changed the risen a bit but that’s understandable due to the cultural taboo on undead.

Overall it wasn’t bad. Different due to the audience it’s catering to.

Thats just sterotyping. I would throw in the word lazy too if it wasnt so confrontational. First of all who (regardless of nationality) would want to experience competitive WvW when skill lags kicks in?

No one would want to play a game if it wasn’t entertaining, MMO or not. If the gameplay is fluid and smooth and entertaining, thats what sucks in people to play. If you don’t believe me, go see how many people play Keg Brawl. And you think every Chinese player is going to kit out their characters in the same fashion and style? Please.

It is interesting that some people think that playing an MMO is participating in a form of social commentary in the West. Then again there is Super Adventure Box.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

China release trailer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

The chinese trailer really made me think of how “epic” and dynamic GW2 is compared to other games.

I mean, people are so used to combo fields and movement in GW2, that they don’t take a second glance at it.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

China release trailer

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

kitten it ArenaNet how come you’ve learnt lessons over the past 11 months instead of all on one day you fools! Now the game will never sell! Bias!

…What?

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

China release trailer

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

As a guardian, watching that guard cast shield bubble to block a giant punch.

I call BS.

China release trailer

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

He could use it to interrupt the punch. As a guardian you should know that shield 5 is knockback.

China release trailer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As a Traditional Chinese player, I’d like to point out the Chinese voice acting in this trailer is
VERY

BAD

like just bad. Period.

this new trailer is awesome ONLY if muted. I simply cannot understand why such an epic new piec needs to be ruined by the horrendous voices..

It might be a bit much to ask of you, but is there any chance you might be able to write a rough translation for those of us not able to speak Chinese? You obviously are fluent in English so I’d trust your translation.

China release trailer

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

kitten? Is this GuildWars 2.5?
Did I miss out on an update or something? lol

China release trailer

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

It is a little surprising how terrible the NA trailer was, not just in comparison with the Chinese one but just on its own lol.

I have no doubt many will like it but I cringe a little inside when I think that there will be more people who’ll end up feeling really disappointed and even a little misled.

Whispers with meat.

China release trailer

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

“No” to mislead, an “no” to disappointed. I recognize many of the clips from the game. Trailers always take the best bits of a game. Actually, most MMO trailers don’t even resemble the game. This one is just a giant compilation of cool bits, with even more cool bits added. I like it a lot.