Chinese GW2 beta

Chinese GW2 beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I just read over on reddit about a new GW2 beta for the Chinese audience and some of the different changes made to the game for that region.

I can’t help but ask, will the new armor skins / styles also be available in North America? I’d love to see more oriental and middle eastern styled clothing and armor.

The reddit post is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1cm765/leaked_images_of_chinese_gw2_beta/

If the beta is a hoax then kindly disregard this post

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

so you want them to censor outfits in USA as well? They’re replacing outfits to be less nude in order to censor the game for Chinese audience. Why would you want that?

Chinese GW2 beta

Xia.3485

so you want them to censor outfits in USA as well? They’re replacing outfits to be less nude in order to censor the game for Chinese audience. Why would you want that?

How did you read replace when I wrote “be available”.

Chinese GW2 beta

Mirta.5029

How did you read replace when I wrote “be available”.

I actually read the thing
“Mostly from character creation to show the amount of censoring that is going on.”
they’re replacing the models that are in game right now in order for the models to show less skin and in order to censor them.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Oh man, the chinese elementalist makes me wanna puke lol. I’m so glad we don’t have to deal with this level of censorship here.

How dare the human body be a thing! Just plain awful!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Moderator)

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The “new” armor skins/styles already exist in game.

For example, the human ele in that thread:

Original: http://i.imgur.com/dMZZxez.jpg
Wearing Human T3 skin

Chinese: http://i.imgur.com/HXbTIxY.jpg
Same boots/shoulders, but wearing this coat:
http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?weight=1&race=2&color=10&sex=1&armorSet=tudentfi

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yeah I’m pretty sure they’re all armor skins that are already in the game, they’re just not the ones from the character select screen. Also I agree with the person who said the “legendary shop” looks like a screen shot of a gold sellers website.

All in all I’m pretty sure this is fake.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Chinese GW2 beta

Aeonblade.8709

Yeah I’m pretty sure they’re all armor skins that are already in the game, they’re just not the ones from the character select screen. Also I agree with the person who said the “legendary shop” looks like a screen shot of a gold sellers website.

I hope you all are right and this is a fake. Legendary shop? Really?

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I hope you all are right and this is a fake. Legendary shop? Really?

Yeah… Pre-Cursors as well…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Theoldman.6483

Theoldman.6483

I wonder if the developers will introduce a Panda race

Chinese GW2 beta

Xia.3485

I actually read the thing
“Mostly from character creation to show the amount of censoring that is going on.”
they’re replacing the models that are in game right now in order for the models to show less skin and in order to censor them.

I know what the reddit post is about. I’m not asking for the same changes; I’m asking for any new armor skins and clothing to be made available here as well. You replied to me asking why I want them to censor the game in NA.

The “new” armor skins/styles already exist in game.

For example, the human ele in that thread:
Original: http://i.imgur.com/dMZZxez.jpg
Wearing Human T3 skin

Chinese: http://i.imgur.com/HXbTIxY.jpg
Same boots/shoulders, but wearing this coat:
http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?weight=1&race=2&color=10&sex=1&armorSet=tudentfi

Awesome, I need to look into it more!

Edit: Either I need my eyes adjusted, but I don’t see the coat she’s wearing anywhere on the site you linked.. nor do I see the pants >_>

/crossesfingers that anet actually creates more armor skins

(edited by Xia.3485)

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Those armors are temporary placeholders (that already exist in the game), and the Legendary Store is a fake.

Chinese GW2 beta

Aeonblade.8709

Thanks for clearing that up.

Not liking the models is apparently hate speech. Who knew?

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Thanks for clearing that up.

Not liking the models is apparently hate speech. Who knew?

It is not, one of our moderators misinterpreted your post. We will revert the infraction, my apologies.

Chinese GW2 beta

Ursan.7846

Edit: Either I need my eyes adjusted, but I don’t see the coat she’s wearing anywhere on the site you linked.. nor do I see the pants >_>

That’s interesting. The link I posted doesn’t actually lead to the page for the skin itself.

Try this? Regardless, the top is the PvP student. Try previewing it in the Mists.

Chinese GW2 beta

Xia.3485

That’s interesting. The link I posted doesn’t actually lead to the page for the skin itself.

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?
Try this? Regardless, the top is the PvP student. Try previewing it in the Mists. weight=1&race=2&color=10&sex=1&armorSet=tudentfi

I’ll do that tonight, thanks

Anyway, I sure hope they will add more armor skins in the game. I also hope they are sober and down to earth, not lightning and particles effects flying out everywhere like in some other games.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I just hope they won’t link the chinese TP with ours.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Morbid curiosity: does the Chinese version of Divinity’s Reach have a big hole where the Canthan and arts district used to be?

The table is a fable.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I’m curious to see what other sorts of content gets censored in the Chinese verison of the game. Some of that stuff is pretty fascinating, in a weird way. I remember back in WoW, hearing about how they would try and gloss over character deaths, not render skeleton graphics, etc.

Or maybe we’ll be seeing an unofficial, entirely unsanctioned “Guild Wars 2 Land” amusement park soon. :-P

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Ok, could this be indicative that Cantha won’t ever be introduced as it will require a whole lot more of development time? I surely hope I am even not even remotely close with this thought.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh … I am all for more armor sets but it looks like whoever is porting the Chinese version just found the eraser tool in their favorite image editor. “Details? Can’t have that! Ooooh look! Bucket fill!!!”

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Those armors are temporary placeholders (that already exist in the game), and the Legendary Store is a fake.

Thank you!

I’m pretty sure the light placeholder coat models aren’t available to players; I don’t recognize the fur trim and detailing. I like them, though!

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

They’re replacing outfits to be less nude in order to censor the game for Chinese audience. Why would you want that?

Some of us don’t want our characters to look like hookers?

I’m not sayin’ bowdlerize, but more options showing less skin would sure be welcome.

Hades, more armor and costumes – period – would be nice. (so long as they’re not all chainmail bikinis)

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

What the… Why does the light armor look so nice and ISN’T available in the game??

Chinese GW2 beta

Ursan.7846

What the… Why does the light armor look so nice and ISN’T available in the game??

They are all available in the game. You should try reading through the thread. At the very least the red posts.

Chinese GW2 beta

DanteZero.9736

They are all available in the game. You should try reading through the thread. At the very least the red posts.

Weird, I don’t remember seeing light armor on the human females in game. I know they’re placeholders but the armor in the original images are available in game. The ones found in the Chinese beta, nope. I’m hoping that the armor will be available sometime in the future.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

They’re replacing outfits to be less nude in order to censor the game for Chinese audience. Why would you want that?

I’m not sayin’ bowdlerize, but more options showing less skin would sure be welcome.

Hades, more armor and costumes – period – would be nice. (so long as they’re not all chainmail bikinis)

I want my characters to look like hookers.

Chinese GW2 beta

DanteZero.9736

Hahaha!

On a serious note, more armor is always welcome in my book. Be it revealing or more… prudent armor is fine because that allows for more options and potential combinations for armor (assuming that clipping is prevented or fixed quickly).

Chinese GW2 beta

Mirta.5029

To be honest, I’m a girl and I wish more of my characters could show more skin. It makes me feel more attractive and therefore more powerful

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I gotta agree, i’m trialling Tera and the armor there is amazing, very good looking.. obviously GW2 wins in other areas, but weapons and armor just amazing.

I have seen all that Chinese armors in game, mostly low level pieces to be honest..

Chinese GW2 beta

Ursan.7846

I gotta agree, i’m trialling Tera and the armor there is amazing, very good looking.. obviously GW2 wins in other areas, but weapons and armor just amazing.

I have seen all that Chinese armors in game, mostly low level pieces to be honest..

Tera’s armor sets are pretty abhorrent, IMO.

http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/65/62/335786fa7523dd23e537d3ba352ea71b-tera-armor-is-ridiculous.jpg

Like, my characters showing off some skin? Sure. That? Jeez. The female armor in that game is so oversexualized I personally cannot stand it.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/65/62/335786fa7523dd23e537d3ba352ea71b-tera-armor-is-ridiculous.jpg

Like, my characters showing off some skin? Sure. That? Jeez. The female armor in that game is so oversexualized I personally cannot stand it.

oh man!! if onlky GW2 had armor with that lvl of skimpyness… it would be PERFECT!! obviously keeping the current “normal” kind of armor too

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeeeaaahh… Tera’s armor is too over the top, for my liking. I wouldn’t be upset if it were included as an option (I always support more armor options, both on the prudish and skimpy sides), but I certainly wouldn’t wear it on my female characters.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I wonder if Anet has had or anticipates having any issues with GW2 in China, given the country’s preference for domestic online games and severe internet controls.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Honestly, I prefer the Chinese version of the female warrior, so I wouldn’t mind the placeholder variants being available as well.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Honestly, I prefer the Chinese version of the female warrior, so I wouldn’t mind the placeholder variants being available as well.

Fyi, all armors other than light armor placeholders are in game.
You should at least take the effort of looking through an armor gallery before saying you want that “placeholder variant.”

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m trying to picturing my Asura or Charr in something like that…now I must have it.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is just the chest, shoulders, gloves, shoes from the barbaric set plus the pants from the banded set.

Chinese GW2 beta

Recycle.5493

More news on GW2 regarding servers around the world from someone who’s known to bring a lot of accurate news on certain Chinese forum(said to be working in NCSoft).

1. There will be an “Asian server”, different from “Chinese server”
  2. Asian server is worked by and will be run by NCSoft itself
  3. There will be Chinese, Japanese, and Korean interface in the Asian client, as well as Korean voice-over
  4. Simplified Chinese will be in Chinese server only
  5. Players who uses client by Anet/NCSoft will be able to decide to join the Asian server besides NA and EU while playing the game for the first time

And there are rumors(not from the same person) that Chinese server will be free to play, pay to win.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Oh i’m very concerned about this. Im from singapore (which is from asia).
So when the Asian server launches, does that mean i’ll be region locked to only
be available to play on it?

What’ll happen to my beloved chars in USA? Do we have a choice whether we want to move or not move our chars over?

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Chinese GW2 beta

Mirta.5029

More news on GW2 regarding servers around the world from someone who’s known to bring a lot of accurate news on certain Chinese forum(said to be working in NCSoft).

3. There will be Chinese, Japanese, and Korean interface in the Asian client, as well as Korean voice-over
  5. Players who uses client by Anet/NCSoft will be able to decide to join the Asian server besides NA and EU while playing the game for the first time

And there are rumors(not from the same person) that Chinese server will be free to play, pay to win.

I’m pretty sure that Chinese server won’t be. F2P and pay to win.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Pay to Win is impossible if NA and EU players can transfer to the Asian/Chinese servers so that rumor already holds no water (else we could go to Asian/Chinese servers, buy our pay to win stuff and transfer back along with the items).

(edited by Xuro.5861)

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I would think the biggest issue with GW2 in China would be the fact that the primary endgame enemy is the Risen which are corpses, and shown as such. As I understand it there are some fairly strict cultural mores regarding the depiction of the dead and bones in China – the launch of Wrath of the Lich King was very delayed in China due to the number of cosmetic changes needed to the zones, the Forsaken and death knights to make them acceptable to the Chinese authorities. I believe it has to do with the tradition of ancestor veneration in China (or so it was reported.)

Given all that I am not sure how well Zhaitan and his minions would go down in China, particularly since there are a number of story quests which involve allies dying and and then being ‘resurrected’ in grisly Risen form. If it’s mainly bones that are the issue I suppose there is more zombified flesh than actual bones but it may still require some overhaul. As far as armour goes, there are already some more modest armours in the game so I wouldn’t think it would be so difficult to just weed out some of the skimpier ones, if nudity/revealing clothing is an issue.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Chinese GW2 beta

Recycle.5493

I’m pretty sure that Chinese server won’t be. F2P and pay to win.

Yeah, guesting was said to be world wide and unlocked dyes were advertised to be account bound.

Pay to Win is impossible if NA and EU players can transfer to the Asian servers so that rumor already holds no water (else we could go to Asian server, buy our pay to win stuff and transfer back along with the items).

Chinese server and Asian server are completely separate.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have not come across that armor yet but hey different people have different likes, and Tera’s population looks on par with GW2 so it must be liked by a lot, i never said every Tera armor was nice, i said on a whole the armors look better…especially medium armors..

I picked Tera because its a more later MMO that is similar to GW2, yes GW2 is more stylised, but a lot of GW2 armor is quite frankly pretty ugly, sorry if that upsets anyone but 80 levels of trench coats of varying lengths…come on..

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

honestly, any armor skins they give china they need to give to us too. two of my toons are based off my Canthan toons and I want more asian looking equipment.

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

honestly, any armor skins they give china they need to give to us too. two of my toons are based off my Canthan toons and I want more asian looking equipment.

Read up on the subject of GW1 and Minipets.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Chinese GW2 beta

Shanna.4762

? that’s rather vague..lol

Chinese GW2 beta

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

? that’s rather vague..lol

They gave out region specific minipets and iirc even a region specific shield skin.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Chinese GW2 beta

Shanna.4762

Well that’s just dumb, then tbh. If you went ahead and made the items/skins then I don’t really understand not putting it in all releases. Like in this situation, there are Asian people all over the place in NA/EU but I guess they don’t matter to Anet, do they?