Class Specific Weapons, Amor, Legendaries...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think it would be cool if we got class specific Armour and weapon skins as well as Legendaries. This would then make it so everyone is more unique and have skins that actually GOOD for classes.

For example, Legendary weapons that actually change ALL appearances of skills. The effects would be the same and such but they would be differing colours and everything. Like a Ele dagger that changes the colour of Air skills and such and has Attunement aura around the player and such.

Being an Ele pretty much none of the skins in the game really suit us, the Legendary dagger would be cool if its effect changed with the attunement so in Fire it would be its normal colour and effect but go to Air and it changes, go to Water and it changes again and go to Earth and it changes to something else, all unique and cool.

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Warrior will get the most of them with 3 Greatsword skins at the release of this idea.

Takes 2 years to get around to Elementalist. And it’s a Focus. Or a Trident.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Warrior will get the most of them with 3 Greatsword skins at the release of this idea.

Takes 2 years to get around to Elementalist. And it’s a Focus. Or a Trident.

But you’ll get one… Rangers on the other hand will likely get a pet skin.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

How much gem would it cost that is acceptable by you?

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

they shouldn’t just be Gemstore items, that would be the wrong (but mostly likely route they would go) they should add them as craftable skins.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I get where the idea is coming from, it was the entire basis of the armor system in GW1 where all armor was class specific, but they have mostly done away with that now and opted instead to make classes bound to armor and weapon types (D&D style).
The problem I see with it is that one class with inevitably get more or better, and as some of the rather dismissive posts above pointed out, some will not happen for a very, very long time potentially.
My personal opinion is that the weapon and “armor weight” distinctions should be the only ones allowed to remain, I have never even been a fan of the cultural armor schtick they got going, even before i lost a bunch of real money over it.

And basically they didn’t design it the GW1 way from the ground up, so I think it’s too late to start with class specific items.