Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Stop whining and let people farm for crying out loud. The rewards in this game are already nerfed to the ground. Is it so bad to let people farm the two spots in the game that are farmable? The two people who actually want to complete the event could just as easily move to another server instance rather than troll the farmers.

Also, what Joe said ^^. Where is the toxicity in this case other than a couple people yelling to stop attacking?

GW2 is not designed for farming…
This game ain’t WoW or other games where gear determines your abilities and you need to grind, farm and exploit all possible ways to get your gear done.

Thus there are the nerfs on farming activities, that is against the GW2 gameplay concept.

To play GW2, you’re supposed to move around the maps, move to next map after completing map content once.

Then again, Coiled Watch is designed to be completed, since it’s tied to Story Journal, farmers are acting very toxic against players who want to play the game.

Farmers are not playing the game, they’re only aiming for profits, which in the end doesn’t mean much, if you don’t play GW2 like GW2 is supposed to be played.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Stop whining and let people farm for crying out loud. The rewards in this game are already nerfed to the ground. Is it so bad to let people farm the two spots in the game that are farmable? The two people who actually want to complete the event could just as easily move to another server instance rather than troll the farmers.

Also, what Joe said ^^. Where is the toxicity in this case other than a couple people yelling to stop attacking?

i agree, just move to another map.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

The Toxic toxicity is Toxic…….

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

It should never be more profitable to fail an event than complete it, period.

I agree, but that isnt the case and I need muh farm. if someone asks nicely for living story me and my guild find them an instance and help him complete. period. we realize that other people want different things out of the game and we’re not trying to hinder them. but for all the time we spend trying to help those that need LS it is infuriating for me to have to read these posts about how all farmers are toxic and exploiters. I’ve spent more time helping people finish for LS this week than ive spent actually farming it. courtesy begets courtesy and from a majority of the posts i read on this subject i can tell that no courtesy was given on their end, so why should they expect courtesy in return?

If I parked a van in front of your garage, should I expect some courtesy when I move it out of the way when you ask me?

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

Gedekran (or should I say “Guild Spy”) — if I recall correctly, you were one of the individuals instigating the toxicity at Blix, so now that Blix is nerfed, you continue to harass farming players at Coil? Do you ever get tired of antagonzing players? Seriously, whatever happened to your concern to “finish” Blix? Are you content with Blix now? I suppose not, since you have moved on to instigating players at Coil (as per this thread).

Thanks for the effort of taking biased screenshots.

By instigating the toxicity you mean by trying to complete an event? By harassment you mean by not engaging the farmers in conversation while actually completing said event? Is there some new requirement of completing events that state you must explain why you wish to complete an event and if it’s not satisfactory, then the toxic abuse and harassment by those wishing to farm the failed event is justified?

I’ll say the same thing as I said about Blix. A player should not feel ostracized for wanting to complete an event.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: weston.3457

weston.3457

If I parked a van in front of your garage, should I expect some courtesy when I move it out of the way when you ask me?

not the best example, but if your intent was not malicious when you parked your van then yes. I feel a better example would be if one person showed up to a party and said “everyone stop drinking, all the alcohol is mine and im gonna get drunk” rather than saying “hey yall mind if a grab a beer and some shots?” which do you think will get better results?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Gedekran (or should I say "Guild Spy") -- if I recall correctly, you were one of the individuals instigating the toxicity at Blix, so now that Blix is nerfed, you continue to harass farming players at Coil? Do you ever get tired of antagonzing players? Seriously, whatever happened to your concern to "finish" Blix? Are you content with Blix now? I suppose not, since you have moved on to instigating players at Coil (as per this thread).

By instigating the toxicity you mean by trying to complete an event? By harassment you mean by not engaging the farmers in conversation while actually completing said event? Is there some new requirement of completing events that state you must explain why you wish to complete an event and if it’s not satisfactory, then the toxic abuse and harassment by those wishing to farm the failed event is justified?

I’ll say the same thing as I said about Blix. A player should not feel ostracized for wanting to complete an event.

No. I recall farmers leaving peacefully a specific Blix instance which you tried to "troll", to a new Blix instance, which you would soon follow to again harass them in the new one. I dont believe grieving players is allowed (as per TOS). If you dont like something, its best to avoid it. However, in a troll’s case, they like to put fuel into the fire.

Thanks, I will respond no more to your messages. =)

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

to everyone who has ever said that “events werent designed to be failed” go defend nebo terrace, tell me how it works out for you…

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

Gedekran (or should I say “Guild Spy”) — if I recall correctly, you were one of the individuals instigating the toxicity at Blix, so now that Blix is nerfed, you continue to harass farming players at Coil? Do you ever get tired of antagonzing players? Seriously, whatever happened to your concern to “finish” Blix? Are you content with Blix now? I suppose not, since you have moved on to instigating players at Coil (as per this thread).

wanting to succeed an event is just fine and you have the right to do so, but actively finding events and purposely completing them with malicious intent to create a toxic environment and to disrupt the gameplay of dozens of people who have in no way wronged you is rather immature to say the least.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

Fail-train farmers are more like street racers who block off a road for a drag race at 10pm, blocking all the other taxpayers from using the road.

Their intent is to exploit public resources for private gain. While their intent is gain, the side effect is to prevent the legitimate use of said public resources.

I’ve said my piece and counted to three. I’m also heading back to the song of angels, a.k.a. the sound of bacon frying in a pan in my kitchen, so don’t expect another response from me.

– The Baconnaire

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

It’s interesting to me that the same player(s) always seem to be involved in threads like this. There’s a player whose name appears in several of the linked pictures that has routinely instigated trouble at farming events going back to Boss Blitz. What a shame.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

speaking from over 100 hours of experience at coiled, the toxicity is MUCH harsher from the side of the people wanting to succeed the event. the majority of the people will ask nicely for people to stop attacking, and that they will help find a new instance and complete the chain for the story( very few accept the help, those that don’t proceed to call the farmers worthless, exploiters, scum, etc…). of the ~50 people in each farm group there are maybe 2 or 3 who are toxic, and they are usually non english players who can only utter one or two insults. this means that roughly 5% of the farmers are toxic. those that come for LS however, may be far fewer, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in rage. of the ~150 players i have seen come for LS, I have offered help to ALL. 12 have taken my help when i offered them a new server and help completing, 5 said something along the lines of “no thats cool ill do it later, ill just farm” the remaining 130 have refused my help, insulted us, called us trash among other things, and were just generally toxic selfish children. 50 people are there to farm, one is there for LS. you are offered help, but because you are selfish you deny it and try to ruin the fun of 50 other people? this “oh farmers are all toxic and mean” crap is just that. a load of crap.

Selfishness goes both ways dude. It is also selfish to try and bar people from content because you want phat loot. If someone wants to make an event succeed, it isn’t your right nor privilege to flame them.

And you know, there is always dungeons which give you over a gold per path. Much better than farming for an item that really only drops for certain accounts.

but going out of your way to help others who need it would be selflessness would it not? I have already stated that i offer help to all that ask for LS, i give up my farm time to find them a new instance and help them complete. end of story. I am not toxic, I am not flaming, I do not rage. I simply help those that need it, and then return to my own game. the problem in this case however is that the person completing the event did not do so because he needed to for living story, nor did he really even want to complete the event. He did it only because he wanted to ruin the gameplay of the 50+ people who were there to farm peacefully.
and dungeons? IMO they are easy and boring, but require just enough attention for you to focus solely on the game. while farming i can watch a movie, do some curls or pushups, and make better money per hour than speedrunning any dungeon in the game.

(edited by weston.3457)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

It is fairly simple IMO..people need to reach this achievement in order to progress their game…just farmings is just what it is…farming.
It is not as if this veeeeery special kinda loot is dropping in this specific event.

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

It is fairly simple IMO..people need to reach this achievement in order to progress their game…just farmings is just what it is…farming.
It is not as if this veeeeery special kinda loot is dropping in this specific event.

but with no other events like it, its kind of our only option at this point

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So my wife needed this achievement and got onto a farming map. She asked nicely in chat if people would let her get the achievement.

Not a single word of dissent. Everyone stopped, finished the event, let her get her achievement (2 actually) and nice as pie.

Thanks to those farmers who are helpful. You don’t deserve to get painted with the same brush as those who think they own the map.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So my wife needed this achievement and got onto a farming map. She asked nicely in chat if people would let her get the achievement.

Not a single word of dissent. Everyone stopped, finished the event, let her get her achievement (2 actually) and nice as pie.

Thanks to those farmers who are helpful. You don’t deserve to get painted with the same brush as those who think they own the map.

I think the issue is that she had to essentially ask permission to do an event that she should be allowed to complete to progress her Living Story without any other players’ permission.

I’m curious what would have happened if they said “NO GTFO NUB.” Would you guys apologize and then try to taxi to a different map?

Need should take priority over want.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think the issue is that she had to essentially ask permission to do an event that she should be allowed to complete to progress her Living Story without any other players’ permission.

I’m curious what would have happened if they said “NO GTFO NUB.” Would you guys apologize and then try to taxi to a different map?

Neither getting the achievements done nor farming are needs. She asked permission because she is one (1) person asking many (>1) people to do something they ordinarily wouldn’t do. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and their reaction was noble; they had no obligation to finish the event.

The only “toxicity” that happens at these chains is when people start being rude because they demand that others do what they want even if they don’t want to.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

to everyone who has ever said that “events werent designed to be failed” go defend nebo terrace, tell me how it works out for you…

Failing because you don’t have the numbers and or tactics to successfully complete an event is entirely different from failing intentionally for loot.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Draknar.5748

Neither getting the achievements done nor farming are needs. She asked permission because she is one (1) person asking many (>1) people to do something they ordinarily wouldn’t do. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and their reaction was noble; they had no obligation to finish the event.

The only “toxicity” that happens at these chains is when people start being rude because they demand that others do what they want even if they don’t want to.

Are we not talking about one of the events needed to progress Living Story? If we are not, then disregard what I said. If it’s just for achievement points then both parties are in the same boat, I agree.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No. How about stop farming events that aren’t meant to be farmed and getting them nerfed for everyone who plays them properly.

I think I may camp this event for the next few days to see if I can do my best that it finishes every time.

I’ll bring friends, too.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Draknar.5748

No. How about stop farming events that aren’t meant to be farmed and getting them nerfed for everyone who plays them properly.

I think I may camp this event for the next few days to see if I can do my best that it finishes every time.

I’ll bring friends, too.

And thus the cycle continues.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: juxo.7129

juxo.7129

here we go again, come on, cry again

JuXo – Desolation PVE God, member of Toxicity

RETIRED after 2 years and 3500 hours because Anet sucks
#1 PVE Commander EU
Desolation motto: Guests Go Home

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Aicus.3174

Aicus.3174

wanting to succeed an event is just fine and you have the right to do so, but actively finding events and purposely completing them with malicious intent to create a toxic environment and to disrupt the gameplay of dozens of people who have in no way wronged you is rather immature to say the least.

How is actively seeking out events to complete them wrong? I have been doing that thing since the game launched and before Coiled Watch is even on the fail train’s schedule.

And by malicious intent, you mean the intent to see an event succeed?

If this is not toxic I don’t know what is.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Vayne.8563

She didn’t ask permission. She simply said, politely that she needed the achievement. There is a difference.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

I’ll bring friends, too.

And thus the cycle continues.

It wouldn’t continue if you would stop thinking you have the right to fail events to farm them.

But don’t worry, if I do decide to camp the event I’ll simply block everyone who says anything to me and won’t respond. I’m considerate like that.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I admit to being dense on occasion, but I’m having difficulty finding this toxicity you’re talking about. A few complaints, sure, but I was expecting wall-to-wall battles between the two sides and what I’m mainly reading about is things like conversations about USB mice and the usual trash-talking between players. So ???

But the OP just gave you a load of screenshots. Try looking at the screenshots? There’s lots of toxicity there.

I also experienced some horrible messages for wanting to complete the Coiled Watch event. Threats, abuse etc.

One guy told me I should have been shot at birth. For what… for completing an event? What the hell, Guild Wars 2?! We’re better than this… come on.

Lol this is all so minor it’s ridiculous. Grow a backbone or get off the internet.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I began to respond to this thread, but then I realized I do not care about people trying to fail an event on purpose that is tied to completion of the game’s story elements., only to aggressively berate anyone that opposes them
If you need it, take it. This is one situation where that would be completely warranted.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I wouldn’t mind seeing some changes made to remove all the event failure farming. Hell, I posted a topic about coiled watch several days ago and there were several inconsiderate players that responded that I should join the farming instead of complaining.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

The two people who actually want to complete the event could just as easily move to another server instance rather than troll the farmers.

So how do you do that? There’s no drop down as in GW that allows one to choose another shard. If you’re going to present a workaround, present the whole workaround.

Go to character select screen. Select a different server and guest to it. Now log back in. Make sure not to be in a party with anyone who is still on that shard.

We regularly do this to find dungeons that are unlocked so we don’t have to do pre-events.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Draknar.5748

She asked nicely in chat if people would let her get the achievement.

Asking if someone will let you do something, even nicely, at least to me, is still asking for permission.

“Will you let me do X” and “Will you permit me to do X” are synonymous.

But now we are getting off topic.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Aicus.3174

Aicus.3174

I admit to being dense on occasion, but I’m having difficulty finding this toxicity you’re talking about. A few complaints, sure, but I was expecting wall-to-wall battles between the two sides and what I’m mainly reading about is things like conversations about USB mice and the usual trash-talking between players. So ???

But the OP just gave you a load of screenshots. Try looking at the screenshots? There’s lots of toxicity there.

I also experienced some horrible messages for wanting to complete the Coiled Watch event. Threats, abuse etc.

One guy told me I should have been shot at birth. For what… for completing an event? What the hell, Guild Wars 2?! We’re better than this… come on.

Lol this is all so minor it’s ridiculous. Grow a backbone or get off the internet.

Right, making false report about someone and trying to get them banned from the game is “so minor”, so what is major to you? Track down the guy, kill him, his family and his dog and burn his house down?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Vayne.8563

Asking if someone will let you do something, even nicely, at least to me, is still asking for permission.

Okay, I was paraphrasing, because I didn’t actually see what she typed. She simply made it known she needed the achievement, however she did it. I’m pretty sure she didn’t ask for permission, because she wouldn’t. She’d have said something like, I need the achievement.

Whatever the case, we’ll never know because I’m sure she doesn’t remember what she said. I wasn’t quoting her verbatim, I was just trying to thank the people who were nice.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

If that’s your thing, there are plenty of other champions to farm – including a chain right there in Frostgorge. It isn’t like you’re going to have to wait 10 minutes to kill another champ if this event succeeds.

I have never – and will never – fail an event on purpose. I say, let the whiners whine. If you want to do this event, do it – then report/ignore anyone giving you too much grief.

Anet made their stance on this very clear multiple times in these forums. You have every right to finish the event and griefers have to either respect that or face the consequences.

The worst thing you can do is argue back at them. Just report/ignore (if it gets too bad – not frivolously) and move on.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

If that’s your thing, there are plenty of other champions to farm – including a chain right there in Frostgorge. It isn’t like you’re going to have to wait 10 minutes to kill another champ if this event succeeds.

I have never – and will never – fail an event on purpose. I say, let the whiners whine. If you want to do this event, do it – then report/ignore anyone giving you too much grief.

Anet made their stance on this very clear multiple times in these forums. You have every right to finish the event and griefers have to either respect that or face the consequences.

The worst thing you can do is argue back at them. Just report/ignore (if it gets too bad – not frivolously) and move on.

Don’t just call us griefers. We have every right to fail the event as well. It’s two different playstyles, neither are wrong. Anet said themselves that we are both right and wrong. None of us are griefers, we are all just players with opposing playstyles.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Well at least they are going to fix some events…
They have to bring better loot in this game.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Blaeys.3102

Don’t just call us griefers. We have every right to fail the event as well. It’s two different playstyles, neither are wrong. Anet said themselves that we are both right and wrong. None of us are griefers, we are all just players with opposing playstyles.

By griefer, I mean the people who feel they have to put people down in map chat when those people are trying to complete the event. Everyone has a right to play the way they want – its when they start yelling in map chat (or, even worse, whispers) and putting people down that they become what I mean by griefer.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Draknar.5748

Okay, I was paraphrasing, because I didn’t actually see what she typed. She simply made it known she needed the achievement, however she did it. I’m pretty sure she didn’t ask for permission, because she wouldn’t. She’d have said something like, I need the achievement.

Whatever the case, we’ll never know because I’m sure she doesn’t remember what she said. I wasn’t quoting her verbatim, I was just trying to thank the people who were nice.

Just giving you a hard time because I know you can take it lol :P

Personally I would make the announcement, probably like she did.

“Attention farmers, I am in need of X achievement. I am notifying you that I will be attempting to complete X achievement and then I will be gone and you may go about your farming business. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.”

And then go about my business, ignoring the people that say “NOOOO GTFO, find a new MAP NOOOO my loooootsczs.” It may require that I bring a group of people, in some cases.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Alright, two things….

1. The fact that failing an event is more rewarding than completing it is a problem in and of itself. It is not the players fault, it is just horrible game design and I don´t understand why a-net doesn´t change it. And by that I do NOT mean increasing the time until events start, or removing loot from mobs, I mean ACTUALLY making completing events more profitable. Until this happens you can´t really blame people for trying to farm these events in the most efficient manner.

2. There are ALWAYS jerks on both sides of the argument, but that doesn´t mean all farmers are griefers, or similarly all people trying to complete such an event are griefers. From personal experience I can say that most people farming these events are nice, helpful and civil people, but they remain mostly silent. The ones that are vocal are unfortunately the jerks that are trying scare the “uninitiated” of the map/away from the events by insulting and harassing them. These people should be reported and warned/banned for a couple of days, no question about that. BUT, on the other side you also have people that harass and insult the farmers. Some of them actively seek to set the whole map up against the farmers, not because they actually want to complete the event, but because they take personal pleasure in ruining the farm for the others. They should be treated similarly to the griefers on the farmers side because they are doing the same thing: Insulting and harassing other players, therefore, report them if they say inappropriate stuff in map/say/whisper chat and hope they get a warning/ban.

Period.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Blaeys.3102

Alright, two things….

1. The fact that failing an event is more rewarding than completing it is a problem in and of itself. It is not the players fault, it is just horrible game design and I don´t understand why a-net doesn´t change it. And by that I do NOT mean increasing the time until events start, or removing loot from mobs, I mean ACTUALLY making completing events more profitable. Until this happens you can´t really blame people for trying to farm these events in the most efficient manner.

2. There are ALWAYS jerks on both sides of the argument, but that doesn´t mean all farmers are griefers, or similarly all people trying to complete such an event are griefers. From personal experience I can say that most people farming these events are nice, helpful and civil people, but they remain mostly silent. The ones that are vocal are unfortunately the jerks that are trying scare the “uninitiated” of the map/away from the events by insulting and harassing them. These people should be reported and warned/banned for a couple of days, no question about that. BUT, on the other side you also have people that harass and insult the farmers. Some of them actively seek to set the whole map up against the farmers, not because they actually want to complete the event, but because they take personal pleasure in ruining the farm for the others. They should be treated similarly to the griefers on the farmers side because they are doing the same thing: Insulting and harassing other players, therefore, report them if they say inappropriate stuff in map/say/whisper chat and hope they get a warning/ban.

Period.

Well said. The griefing comes when people start making attacks in map chat or whispers. No matter which direction that comes from, it deserves to be reported.

And I do believe Anet will fix this event. People (on both sides) wont be happy with that fix, but it will be needed to quell the hate were seeing.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

but going out of your way to help others who need it would be selflessness would it not? I have already stated that i offer help to all that ask for LS, i give up my farm time to find them a new instance and help them complete. end of story. I am not toxic, I am not flaming, I do not rage. I simply help those that need it, and then return to my own game. the problem in this case however is that the person completing the event did not do so because he needed to for living story, nor did he really even want to complete the event. He did it only because he wanted to ruin the gameplay of the 50+ people who were there to farm peacefully.
and dungeons? IMO they are easy and boring, but require just enough attention for you to focus solely on the game. while farming i can watch a movie, do some curls or pushups, and make better money per hour than speedrunning any dungeon in the game.

Cut the victimization. You guys are trying to bar players from content for your own gain and in that sense you are wrong for doing so. Regardless of what you do to help, it doesn’t change the fact that nobody should deny a paying customer from content. And flaming people who exert that privilege only makes it worse. That is the toxicity that starts the cycle.

Now, you might not throw insults and be a complete kitten to players but you are not the other 49+ people. It is almost guaranteed to see people start cussing when players want to finish and it is usually the farmers who start.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

@Ian: No, it is not. While you can indeed interact with the totem, it won’t actually trigger the instance unless you have actually completed the prior event in the area. (Which does kind of make sense, because story-wise, how would you impress Knut/Eir if all you did was walk up a totem in an empty Svanir stronghold and just punch it?)

However, I think that this experimental section of the LS shows that it’s better for ANet to keep the LS content within instances. It was a nice idea to try and weave existing open world content into the LS, but it’s causing more problems than it solves.

The coil event chain is a LS specific event chain. Without the LS, it would not have existed.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Wrong. Anet said everyone can play the way they want unless it directly impedes the progress of those playing the game the way it was designed. In which case, if you’re farming the event chain then you’re out of luck.

That is one very important caveat that you seem to be overlooking.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The coil event chain is a LS specific event chain. Without the LS, it would not have existed.

Not true. This chain existed long before the LS chapter was out.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Ayrilana.1396

Not true. This chain existed long before the LS chapter was out.

Yeah. You’re right. I could have swore there was another event chain there before which is why I thought it was new.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The two people who actually want to complete the event could just as easily move to another server instance rather than troll the farmers.

So how do you do that? There’s no drop down as in GW that allows one to choose another shard. If you’re going to present a workaround, present the whole workaround.

Go to character select screen. Select a different server and guest to it. Now log back in. Make sure not to be in a party with anyone who is still on that shard.

We regularly do this to find dungeons that are unlocked so we don’t have to do pre-events.

Thanks, Calyx, on behalf of myself and any others who didn’t know how that worked.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks, Calyx, on behalf of myself and any others who didn’t know how that worked.

It doesn’t. When i used to do the t6 node farm in Orr and other maps, guesting had zero impact. Unless they changed it in the feature pack.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It won’t always work. You can try by unrepping your guilds and not being in party before guesting, but most of the time it won’t work. But sometimes you get lucky.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

They also said events were not meant to be intentionally failed.. especially ones which have a necessary requirement to complete in order to progress LS.. so quit with your excuses.

It is an exploit and you know it.. just because ANET lack the intestinal fortitude to do anything meaningful about it unlike other MMO’s, doesn’t make it any less an exploit.. All ANET decided to do was make a token statement in an effort at reducing the toxicity both in game and on here whilst looking into fixing it .. the fact they then acted on the event by patching it speaks much louder. They know many of their events are flawed but don’t wish to have it acknowledged, but pretty soon their so called metrics must begin to show the unhealthy amount of loot the failtrain farmers are generating from a single event and act on it.. whether they then finally decide to grow some and start banning those players and rolling back accounts .. well we live in hope I guess
Short of killing all champ loot in events and only rewarding at the end for completion with much greater respawn timers for failure, temp/perma bans and/or account rollbacks are the only way to stop this blatant exploit of their flawed event mechanics.

Many of us like to farm and ANET have provided more than enough champs, events, mob spawns etc throughout the maps in order to do it…. difference is some players get greedy and lazy and simply look for the easywin all the time.. soon it will all come back to bite everyone.. having uncontrollable amounts of loot from single event exploits was never part of the plan.. keeping players in game loner term was.. hence legendaries and such.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

i agree, just move to another map.

You can’t always “just move to another map.” Very often you are placed into the same map repeatedly. I was doing map completion in frostgorge yesterday and numerous times people asked to complete the event, and every time were trolled by the coil farmers. One poor guy kept ending up in the same map, and after a long time still kept getting the same response.

I have nothing against farming. When something prevents other players from progressing, that thing needs to be adjusted.

Anet please remove champs and/or loot from the Coil event. This is the same behavior we saw in Queensdale and in Orr, and it needs to stop. As Coil becomes more popular, it will become more and more toxic, and impossible for players to complete their story mission.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Is the word “toxicity” gonna be the new “troll”? I’m already sick of it.

I pretty much hate the term, i believe it originated in League, at least i heard it back on their forums about a year or so ago