Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I like completing the event.

How many times do you need complete it? I don’t mean to make a personal attack but I do question why you are there if not to troll the farmers. I checked earlier and found a map within minutes that was not being farmed and had people doing the event to completion. So I think this thread a bit disingenuous.

I like to complete events every time I do them. Why? Because I like event chains and because I like completing events way more than I like repeating the same kitten stuff over and over to collect bags.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m avoiding the area until the farmers move on, which they will when (not if) ANet lengthens the respawn timer. I’m not taking part in the chat byplay because I won’t even enter the area. I’m not going to interfere with what others want, even though what’s going on is similar to spawn camping in older games.

People seem to prefer to assume that others have sinister motivations because they apparently can’t believe that someone actually enjoys playing the game.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Nia.3964

Nia.3964

How many times do you need complete it? I don’t mean to make a personal attack but I do question why you are there if not to troll the farmers. I checked earlier and found a map within minutes that was not being farmed and had people doing the event to completion. So I think this thread a bit disingenuous.

So you are saying there’s now a limit to how many times a person can complete events in this game? Then what happens, get labeled a troll? There should not be any event in game where a person wanting to complete it, no matter how many times, should be labeled a troll such as you are trying to do right now with me. So no, I’ll keep completing it because completing events is fun at least to me.

No, there is not. But I suppose you do see yourself as a social individual, no?If not, don’t read further. If you see yourself as one, you should act as one. Let’s say you completed the event four or five times because you like to complete exactly that special events. Thats fine. But up to a certain pointer, as a social individual, you should realise you’re taking the others fun. And a game should never be about taking someone elses fun. That you’re doing that can be clearly seen on your screenshots.
So, now I ask you, how are solutions made? They are not made by a single faction pressing on their demands. They are made by compromises. So, what if you try and focus on finding a compromise between you doing the event and they doing the farm?Let’s say: They help you find an unfarmed server where you can do the event as much as you like. That would require both sides to put in some effort, but in the end, you can both do your stuff.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

So you are saying there’s now a limit to how many times a person can complete events in this game? Then what happens, get labeled a troll? There should not be any event in game where a person wanting to complete it, no matter how many times, should be labeled a troll such as you are trying to do right now with me. So no, I’ll keep completing it because completing events is fun at least to me.

No, there is not. But I suppose you do see yourself as a social individual, no?If not, don’t read further. If you see yourself as one, you should act as one. Let’s say you completed the event four or five times because you like to complete exactly that special events. Thats fine. But up to a certain pointer, as a social individual, you should realise you’re taking the others fun. And a game should never be about taking someone elses fun. That you’re doing that can be clearly seen on your screenshots.
So, now I ask you, how are solutions made? They are not made by a single faction pressing on their demands. They are made by compromises. So, what if you try and focus on finding a compromise between you doing the event and they doing the farm?Let’s say: They help you find an unfarmed server where you can do the event as much as you like. That would require both sides to put in some effort, but in the end, you can both do your stuff.

There should not be any compromise needed in order to complete an event. If taking the fun from people means completing an event, then Anet needs to rework that event when not completing it takes fun from me or others who need it for living story.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Gedekran.1487

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Your screen shots are clear proof that you go there to instigate trouble. I thought it was against the rules to post screen shots with player names.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Gedekran.1487

I’m not there to instigate trouble, only to help out those in need. Also this isn’t about the farmers or anti-farmers, rather the toxic minority that exist on both sides of the issue.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: weston.3457

weston.3457

remember to those that need completed for LS, let us know you need it, how would we know to help if we dont know someone needs it. please do not go there simply to cause trouble and ruin gameplay for farmers, if you need LS most of us help, but be honest, dont say you do just to cause us grief please :]

Attachments:

(edited by weston.3457)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

is there any way to do more than one attachment per post =.=

Attachments:

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I’m not there to instigate trouble, only to help out those in need. Also this isn’t about the farmers or anti-farmers, rather the toxic minority that exist on both sides of the issue.

Nah, you’re there to kitten people off that will not stop until this is nerfed (so there is no reason to constantly troll it). Yes you are trolling, you are purposely going to this place knowing people will get mad and rage at you.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Gedekran.1487

Nah, you’re there to kitten people off that will not stop until this is nerfed (so there is no reason to constantly troll it). Yes you are trolling, you are purposely going to this place knowing people will get mad and rage at you.

If it makes you happy to believe that then so be it. I know the reasons for doing it and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is helping those in need and any toxicity will not persuade me from that.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

is there any way to do more than one attachment per post =.=

There is actually. Once you have one attachment in the “browse” box, hit Preview. It will Preview the post with your new attachment and blank out the attachment box in the process, so you can add another. Repeat as many times as needed.

Or words to that effect.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Nia.3964

There should not be any compromise needed in order to complete an event. If taking the fun from people means completing an event, then Anet needs to rework that event when not completing it takes fun from me or others who need it for living story.

And until that happens, you will continue to wreak havoc and instigate flame? What does that make you any better from those who farm?
You are actively making them angry by your actions. And the “I want to complete the Event” is just an excuse. In my opinion, you’re just after rage. The rage of the farmers is your reward for doing the Event. Maybe another example might make you stop. Imagine this:
You’re randomly placed together with people for the challange. The challange is, for example, getting across a river. If you succeed, everyone will get 30$ Price money.
Then, a tall old guy and a much bigger guy with 2 guns come, right after you all tryed to start that challange, and offer everyone 200$ for not completing the challange. Under 1 Condition. Everyone agrees or those who disagree leave the team for the challange. Everyone agrees to the conditions – but you.
So, what would you do?Would you really take the chance from your teammates(After all, thats what they are, friends. Even if there is the one or other idiot)?Or would you rather give in for the good of all others?

What I am trying to make you understand is that ArenaNet won’t fix this before Tuesday. Probably Tuesday in 2 Weeks. Until then, we need compromises! And if you really would be so interested in just helping people – then help not only those who want to do Living Story, but also the farmers. They are no bad people. They are ordinary players who like the rare chance for lots of shiny loots. In the end we’re all human, no?And we should treat eachother as such, not as some monsters who just flame – as you are currently doing all the time in this thread. Thanks.

PS: If I offended you slightly, that was intentional to get your attention. If I offended you a lot, I sincerly aplogise. I just want to make you understand that what you currently do is just bad and wrong and does not help anyone.

(edited by Nia.3964)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

remember to those that need completed for LS, let us know you need it, how would we know to help if we dont know someone needs it. please do not go there simply to cause trouble and ruin gameplay for farmers, if you need LS most of us help, but be honest, dont say you do just to cause us grief please :]

There’s the problem right there, you want people to ask if they can finish the event, which they don’t have to.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

weston.3457

There’s the problem right there, you want people to ask if they can finish the event, which they don’t have to.

if they can finish the event themselves more power to them, but its pretty hard. they dont have to ask, they just need to let us know they need it so we know to help em

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

if they can finish the event themselves more power to them, but its pretty hard. they dont have to ask, they just need to let us know they need it so we know to help em

It’d be much easier if you weren’t trying to get them killed by scaling the event, pushing mobs towards them etc.

But, guess what – I’ve seen it completed by one or two people despite the antics of the farmzerg. Good triumphs over evil!

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Broken.1386

Broken.1386

I was there today when you were trolling (or as you like to say, completing the event for those who need it) and nobody needed it. If anything, you made everybody mad and everybody just left to do other things after a while because of you and another troll (who shall not be named).

You just wasted people’s time. I believe you just find joy in trolling and you like to see the reactions people get.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again. Nobody there actually needed the living story completed (or if they did they didn’t say anything and didn’t participate in killing the mobs to not let the Svanir capture the point). People like you are the ones that cause toxicity in these farms.

In every farming group I’ve gone in (okay, not every.. a fair amount though), there’s been at LEAST 1 person willing to taxi people to a fresh map where they can easily complete the event and move on. And I’ve even seen people who needed it completed but didn’t mind the farm because they’re getting gold (and hey, everyone likes gold) and they said they’ll just find an empty map later or something.

Once again, people like you are the reason this harsh language and toxicity is happening (prime example in proof provided by YOU). Worst I’ve seen is people say “omg” or “You can just find an empty map to complete”. And I think you see people saying “Down!” or “Out of the circle!” (something around those lines) as being toxic, which really isn’t.

You’re just a troll who finds joy in seeing peoples reactions. That’s it. Period.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: RedWolf.6513

RedWolf.6513

That happened to me last week, I was going to complete a living story at Coiled watch. As I was enjoying fighting Svanirs, the message suddenly said we failed the event. One player blamed me for trying to complete the event. I go, “Huh? I was trying to complete the living story.” He said that they are farming and wanted the event to fail so he can get some loots. I had no idea they were farming at Coiled Watch.
Feeling hurt by their comments, I logged off and didn’t play for couple of days. After couple of days, I went back to play at Coiled Watch again and found out they are not farming for loots at the time. I can finally play the rest of living story.
I hate that when farmers get so mad at me for trying to complete the event when they were trying to farm for loots, I get upset about it and log off for few days later. Next time, if I see group of players playing some events, I will ask the if they are farming or not.
I hate farmers.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It actually isn’t all that hard to complete the event alone, even with a bunch of people there.

Most of the farmers will wait until the last moment to keep killing. And that last moment can be solo’d.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Gedekran.1487

I was there today when you were trolling (or as you like to say, completing the event for those who need it) and nobody needed it. If anything, you made everybody mad and everybody just left to do other things after a while because of you and another troll (who shall not be named).

You just wasted people’s time. I believe you just find joy in trolling and you like to see the reactions people get.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again. Nobody there actually needed the living story completed (or if they did they didn’t say anything and didn’t participate in killing the mobs to not let the Svanir capture the point). People like you are the ones that cause toxicity in these farms.

In every farming group I’ve gone in (okay, not every.. a fair amount though), there’s been at LEAST 1 person willing to taxi people to a fresh map where they can easily complete the event and move on. And I’ve even seen people who needed it completed but didn’t mind the farm because they’re getting gold (and hey, everyone likes gold) and they said they’ll just find an empty map later or something.

Once again, people like you are the reason this harsh language and toxicity is happening (prime example in proof provided by YOU). Worst I’ve seen is people say “omg” or “You can just find an empty map to complete”. And I think you see people saying “Down!” or “Out of the circle!” (something around those lines) as being toxic, which really isn’t.

You’re just a troll who finds joy in seeing peoples reactions. That’s it. Period.

You know nobody needed it because they didn’t say anything? Why would they say anything when others are already getting verbally abused. I advise them to kill the first few waves just like the farmers and then I (or if others wanting to complete the events and don’t care about the abuse) take care of the rest so that they don’t get verbally accosted. So you go on ahead feeling better about yourself that I’m being toxic even though the screenshots prove otherwise. I’ll keep doing the events and honestly it doesn’t matter what the toxic minority or the farmers that scale the events feels about any of this since we have come up with methods to overcome your intentional failings.

The farmers can keep on farming (at least until Anet says otherwise), the toxic ones that are verbally abusive and try to fail the event chain at every step of the way just to spite the people wanting to complete the living story and get achievements are the ones I feel seriously need to be addressed by Anet. Either way, if someone requests I help them complete that event and subsequent events, then I’m going to do such without regard for how I’m perceived. I need not justify wanting to complete events in this game. For in the end for me it’s about helping others and helping a player do their living story/achievements trumps the needs of a farmer, toxic or not.

(edited by Gedekran.1487)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Visteri.3821

Visteri.3821

I just tried to help my sister with her story and got called a troll for asking if we could complete the event. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was reported for griefing.

Literally ONE person said they’d help us complete the event, everyone else shouted at us to go join another server because “this is the only one that has a farm on it.” We tried guesting onto other servers with lower population but they were all farming too.

Is there a way we could organize a server that completes the event and keeps it running as a public service? Or are we going to have to wait until this is nerfed?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Nice thought, but no one has to ask to complete any event.. it’s what they are there designed for.. Living Story or not!

Intentionally going to the event to grief is unacceptable behaviour, but at the same time going to the event to intentionally block others from completing it is also intentional griefing.. both parties are in the wrong, but one party holds the higher grounds in terms of running the event as it should be .. .. exploit farmers I know like to kill that thought process but unfortunately for every action there is always a reaction and its beginning to react.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Who cares if people just farm events? There is nothing else to do than farm for gold until they release new hardcore dungeons, precursor scavenger hunt and GvG.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Using the Living Story as an excuse to grief the farmers is nonsense, you don’t have to even do the Coiled Watch events to do the Living Story just go there and find the spot to enter the instance. I just this afternoon did this with a friend of mine, no event going, at least be honest about why you’re going after the Farmers.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Using the Living Story as an excuse to grief the farmers is nonsense, you don’t have to even do the Coiled Watch events to do the Living Story just go there and find the spot to enter the instance. I just this afternoon did this with a friend of mine, no event going, at least be honest about why you’re going after the Farmers.

Actually you’re wrong. You have to do coiled watch because it’s the event that opens the doors so you can get in inside to the place where the story is.

Don’t like people interfering with your farm? Go somewhere else.

You can farm in other areas. You can’t finish the living story in other areas.

Greedy little farmers and their illogical arguments.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Visteri.3821

Visteri.3821

After guesting to the maximum 2 servers and having friends pull me onto others, I finally found one with only a handful of people on it. I asked if they wanted to farm or complete these events, they said nothing, so I said in that case we’d be going for completion. One guy replied that he wanted to farm, and I asked if he could please guest to another server because all the higher population servers were farming and this was the first server I’d found that wasn’t.

He told me that guesting was impossible, even though I’d just done it a number of times. Other people jumped in to tell me that it’s impossible to guest now that megaservers are in (and to call me a troll and griefer, like on every other server), I tried to explain that you can do it, you just need to not be in a party and (I think) to make sure that none of your friends are in Frostgorge while you’re trying to guest.

We ended up completing it anyway, but I think the game could benefit from some kind of message explaining how to guest to other servers with the new megaserver technology. (Bolded because this is the most important part of my post. I’m not here just to whine, only partially. :p)

Also…I’m really disappointed in the community. Only one person was willing to help, and that was because they didn’t want the event to be nerfed. Everyone else immediately assumed I was there to grief.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The issue with these things isn’t so much a Win VS Fail thing. It’s going into an event with the peace of mind knowing that you won’t get chewed out and inconvenience a bunch of people for doing what under normal circumstances would be right.

That was the whole benefit of the Dynamic Event system in the first place. They are essentially explorables. You go to them and you do them as best you can figure out. When working as designed, you help out that way.

That’s what makes events stand out vs dungeons and raids.

The moment you have to start thinking “Wait, am I going to screw everybody up if I do what the game wants me to do?” that’s no better than the “Heavys only ping gear” stuff we’re seeing in dungeon groups.

That kind of stuff can be fine occasionally for dungeons, but it should not be happening in open world. Otherwise we lose the seamless freedom we enjoy under normal exploring circumstances.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Roundabout.1752

Actually you’re wrong. You have to do coiled watch because it’s the event that opens the doors so you can get in inside to the place where the story is.

Actually you’re wrong and you apparently didn’t read what I posted. We weren’t farming we went there after doing the Giant Ooze to unlock a trait and then because 1 of our party had a green star on her map we went to Coiled. We did not do any events there because there weren’t any going on, perhaps the Doors stay open until the event resets, I don’t know I haven’t been there often enough to know how that event chain works I just know you don’t need the event to get the Living Story because we did it and did not do the events.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

Actually you’re wrong and you apparently didn’t read what I posted. We weren’t farming we went there after doing the Giant Ooze to unlock a trait and then because 1 of our party had a green star on her map we went to Coiled. We did not do any events there because there weren’t any going on, perhaps the Doors stay open until the event resets, I don’t know I haven’t been there often enough to know how that event chain works I just know you don’t need the event to get the Living Story because we did it and did not do the events.

You tell me I’m wrong but then admit you don’t know what you’re talking about. Righto…

You have to finish the event chain to open the doors. Simple as that. They stay open until the event resets or a minute or two before it resets, at least. I’m not sure on the exact timer but it’s probably around 25 to 30 minutes.

Now, if the start of the event is being intentionally failed then I’m sure you can do the math.

It’s great that you’re friend got in and did it easily. That’s fantastic. But on most maps the event is being farmed making it so people can’t just walk in and do their living story.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Roundabout.1752

I am telling you what I know from personal experience, you do not need to do the events to do the Living Story and using that as an excuse to go after people you call greedy is just being toxic, something I thought most people here are against. I’m sure waiting a few minutes until the event succeeds or fails is a tremendous burden on some, I mean it not like they can join in grab a few bags and enjoy themselves until it’s over, now it it?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Gedekran.1487

You may not have to do the events to progress the Living Story, but someone has to do them so the gates open. Simple as that. If someone else hadn’t done at least the Coil Watch and Dolyak events, you would not have been able to get past the gates. There is also the matter of achievements attached to these commonly failed events.

(edited by Gedekran.1487)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Roundabout.1752

You may not have to do the events to progress the Living Story, but someone has to do them so the gates open. Simple as that. If someone else hadn’t done at least the Coil Watch and Dolyak events, you would not have been able to get past the gates.

True, I’m not arguing that, I’m really not trying to argue about anything, just saying what I know to be true from what I’ve seen with my own eyes. I hope everyone has fun playing and if farming is fun for some, let them, I know no one likes to wait even a few minutes to get things done when they are on a mission to completion but seriously IMO people need to lighten up at least a little bit.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Farmers are like some African dictator who keeps printing money and wonders why he can never afford to pay his troops.

It’s like they’re in some sort of Groundhog Day hell of their own devising, where no matter how hard they try, they just keep making things worse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

I am telling you what I know from personal experience, you do not need to do the events to do the Living Story and using that as an excuse to go after people you call greedy is just being toxic, something I thought most people here are against. I’m sure waiting a few minutes until the event succeeds or fails is a tremendous burden on some, I mean it not like they can join in grab a few bags and enjoy themselves until it’s over, now it it?

Except for the part where the farming never ends… sure.

I feel like you’re being purposefully dense here. And it’s really tells a lot about mentality of the so called community when people who want to play the game as it’s designed are the ones who are being called toxic.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Roundabout.1752

The farming does end when the events succeeds or fails the farming ends until reset.

I feel like you’re being purposefully dense here. And it’s really tells a lot about mentality of the so called community when people who want to play the game as it’s designed are the ones who are being called toxic.

Calling people greedy and belittling them because they don’t play the way you want them to is, what, if not toxic? People purposely going to events or areas they know people are farming and then doing everything they can to antagonize them is again what if not toxic? Until recently Coil was ignored by most people it seemed they mapped it and never went back unless they were looking for events for their Dailies or Monthlies. I can’t help how you feel and calling me dense well I’ll just leave that alone

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Broken.1386

Broken.1386

You know nobody needed it because they didn’t say anything? Why would they say anything when others are already getting verbally abused. I advise them to kill the first few waves just like the farmers and then I (or if others wanting to complete the events and don’t care about the abuse) take care of the rest so that they don’t get verbally accosted. So you go on ahead feeling better about yourself that I’m being toxic even though the screenshots prove otherwise. I’ll keep doing the events and honestly it doesn’t matter what the toxic minority or the farmers that scale the events feels about any of this since we have come up with methods to overcome your intentional failings.

The farmers can keep on farming (at least until Anet says otherwise), the toxic ones that are verbally abusive and try to fail the event chain at every step of the way just to spite the people wanting to complete the living story and get achievements are the ones I feel seriously need to be addressed by Anet. Either way, if someone requests I help them complete that event and subsequent events, then I’m going to do such without regard for how I’m perceived. I need not justify wanting to complete events in this game. For in the end for me it’s about helping others and helping a player do their living story/achievements trumps the needs of a farmer, toxic or not.

If people asked you to help them and you’re doing it to help them, that’s cool.

But I didn’t see anyone actually participating with you (and if they did when I didn’t notice, my bad). Also, It just so happens that on every farming map you go to, it’s ruined? Are you expecting me to believe that everybody that wants to complete it knows you and messages you instead of their guildies or friends to help?

But for the times that you actually are helping people and the people that need it are participating with you, kudos to you.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Incoming Patch:

“Due to player feedback we have created a new PVE Toxin map. All PS and LS end instances will now be played out in the Toxin Map capital: ToxiCity.

Failing the event will spawn 40 Champs per 5mins.
Succeeding is the only way to open Level 80 for new characters."

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Storytime.

Yesterday I tried to get the achievements for the coil event (still needed to have all allies alive when defend event succeeds). First map I enter had a farming zerg, but wanting to test this toxicity I read about, I gave it a chance. I politely asked if it would be possible to help me succeed the event on the next spawn. The commander politely replied that they had taken a while gathering enough people on the map to upscale the event to farmable proportions and proposed me to try to find another map (and gave me some tips to prevent me from ending up in the same map). While no one else liked the idea of succeeding the event, no one abused me for my proposal either. Note that they were not doing the champ train but were specifically on that map only for coil, so succeeding would indeed force them to look for another map or wait quite a while for the event to restart.

It took me 5 minutes of trying with guesting, standing down from representing my guild, and switching to character screen and logging back in, but I managed to end up on another server. On this one, there was no farming going on. The pre event was starting so I asked in map chat if people wanted to help me get achievement, and by the time the defense event was halfway about 8 people showed up, rezzing the npc’s and getting us the achievement.

I realise some people will be less lucky than me and keep ending up on the same server, and I still believe Anet should address the problem that failing events is more lucrative than succeeding, which would solve the problem of people with different goals ending up working against each other. On the other hand, I found the community not to be as toxic as some here suggest. Partly I might again have been lucky on this one, but I am pretty sure some of the people coming here to complain about toxicity actively antagonized the farmers in some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. Some of the posts around here confirm my belief.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

fellyn.5083

The farming does end when the events succeeds or fails the farming ends until reset.

Calling people greedy and belittling them because they don’t play the way you want them to is, what, if not toxic? People purposely going to events or areas they know people are farming and then doing everything they can to antagonize them is again what if not toxic? Until recently Coil was ignored by most people it seemed they mapped it and never went back unless they were looking for events for their Dailies or Monthlies. I can’t help how you feel and calling me dense well I’ll just leave that alone

It’s not toxic to call it like it is. If greed is not the motivation then I don’t know what it is.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

1) I understand ppl who finish the chain because they want to finish story and I have nothing against them

2) My decision to not finish chain is NOT exploit. I’m not bugging anything, nor event or mobs, I just let event go through one of 2 scripted paths. There is no difference between dieing in defense or just watch Sons of Svanirs wins from outside. You wanna see real exploits ? Just go do some PUG run of almost any dungeon path …

3) Real toxic trolls are people who would otherwise ignore the event but now go there whenever they see there farm going there just to spoil farming for others. I find it hilarious that then they go to forums to cry.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

You’re dancing around his/her point.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

It’s strange how Coiled is suddenly the most important and fun event in all of Tyria. I swear, once it’s nerfed nobody will be there to complete it other than people who need LS, and that’s not many.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Doing something that doesn’t bring you anything significant (aka when you finish this event for more than once) but you know it will kitten a lot of other people is trolling (and you knew what reactions will be). Not understanding this means your social empathy is way below par.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

It’s strange how Coiled is suddenly the most important and fun event in all of Tyria. I swear, once it’s nerfed nobody will be there to complete it other than people who need LS, and that’s not many.

Yep, just like blix was. I don’t know about Gedekran, but I know for fact that there are certain players that have made it their mission simply to disrupt farms for the kicks because they like stirring up trouble. Ultimately the issue of loot rewards needs to be addressed by Anet, you will never get rid of people looking to take advantage of broken game design nor the people who try to self appoint themselves as the “obscure morality” police.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

Storytime.

Yesterday I tried to get the achievements for the coil event (still needed to have all allies alive when defend event succeeds). First map I enter had a farming zerg, but wanting to test this toxicity I read about, I gave it a chance. I politely asked if it would be possible to help me succeed the event on the next spawn. The commander politely replied that they had taken a while gathering enough people on the map to upscale the event to farmable proportions and proposed me to try to find another map (and gave me some tips to prevent me from ending up in the same map). While no one else liked the idea of succeeding the event, no one abused me for my proposal either. Note that they were not doing the champ train but were specifically on that map only for coil, so succeeding would indeed force them to look for another map or wait quite a while for the event to restart.

It took me 5 minutes of trying with guesting, standing down from representing my guild, and switching to character screen and logging back in, but I managed to end up on another server. On this one, there was no farming going on. The pre event was starting so I asked in map chat if people wanted to help me get achievement, and by the time the defense event was halfway about 8 people showed up, rezzing the npc’s and getting us the achievement.

I realise some people will be less lucky than me and keep ending up on the same server, and I still believe Anet should address the problem that failing events is more lucrative than succeeding, which would solve the problem of people with different goals ending up working against each other. On the other hand, I found the community not to be as toxic as some here suggest. Partly I might again have been lucky on this one, but I am pretty sure some of the people coming here to complain about toxicity actively antagonized the farmers in some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. Some of the posts around here confirm my belief.

Didn’t you see the screenshots in this very thread?

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Nia.3964

Didn’t you see the screenshots in this very thread?

Those screenshots are taken by a player who deliberately instigates flame, hate and toxicity. I doubt he asked nicely if someone helps him get to an unfarmed server.
In before, if he answeres, it will be something like: “And now I got to find a specific server in order to complete an event? …[Random Phrase that ANet should fix that]”.

(edited by Nia.3964)

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just grab a few warriors and have them banner the NPC’s while spec’d with the banner cool down trait. The NPC’s should last long enough between rotations that the event won’t fail. Now all that need the event to succeed can get their living story. The farmers can just let it fail after the escort succeeds.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Just grab a few warriors and have them banner the NPC’s while spec’d with the banner cool down trait. The NPC’s should last long enough between rotations that the event won’t fail. Now all that need the event to succeed can get their living story. The farmers can just let it fail after the escort succeeds.

Can’t banner NPC’s anymore.

It only takes one person to succeed the event and wreck their farming. I did it yesterday after taking a few days off from the game. Logged in, went to Frostgorge and completed the event for them. I actually got two achievements in doing so. My new favorite way to get AP is to hunt down and derail farming exploit spots like Coil.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: catalystic.1074

catalystic.1074

I used to complete the event all the time before it was a farming hot spot…

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It only takes one person to succeed the event and wreck their farming. I did it yesterday after taking a few days off from the game. Logged in, went to Frostgorge and completed the event for them. I actually got two achievements in doing so. My new favorite way to get AP is to hunt down and derail farming exploit spots like Coil.

Oh. I thought that was WvW only.

I’m pretty sure you can still stand on one of the far corners and not draw aggro. Although I haven’t tested it out to the point that the event succeeded, it did seem to work for the minute or so that I stood there. Those that need their LS to progress still have a chance.

Coil Event Fail Toxicity

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Oh. I thought that was WvW only.

I’m pretty sure you can still stand on one of the far corners and not draw aggro. Although I haven’t tested it out to the point that the event succeeded, it did seem to work for the minute or so that I stood there. Those that need their LS to progress still have a chance.

I derail the Coil farm at least once a day and i’m gonna start calling my guilds to see if anyone needs their LS still, that way they can get it done. Just need more people wrecking the farm and eventually it will die even if Anet doesn’t get rid of it.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew