Colin Johanson Video: GW2 2013 Preview

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

Guys, these are not patch notes, every single thing they plan to fix is not going to be listed until those updates start rolling out.

No, but still you would have expected them to adress the most prominent problems facing them and the players, in game to current date. If you do not have a solid foundation to build from, the risk of an unsound structure rises exponential.

Open world events not being rewarded enough? He addressed that.

I’m not talking just DE’s here, but too of loot, DR’s………he made no comment or remark about that at all. Wouldn’t you say that is a current and imminent problem that needs to be fixed, more so adressed?

Not disagreeing with you there, but DR and DE’s fall under his talk of making different activities in the game more rewarding I am cautious though because of the achievement token system, i feel like they’re just going leave the DR’s alone as it is, but I’m speculating.

Problem is that this is tied in to the gem shop. In that if you keep the DR on needed drops low (as it is now), you’ll then need to go on the TP to get the said mats that you’ll need for crafting. But lacking enough funds for them (a sit’s hard to make money ingame in the first place), you’ll have to turn to the gems for real money option, to buy the needed mats out.

All in all, you keep a hungry and starved market which is in constant demand, with only one way as a means to get what you need…..

It is a kitten to make money in the open world unless you’re farming Orr DE’s, but I’d had no problems making money to buy mats because I run a lot of dungeons. T6 fine mats are still a little rare to get, but doing a quick AC run will net you about half a gold (25 ish silver for the end reward, 5s a piece for the graveling silvers, then the loot drops). Doing dungeons is a good money maker, and with this new post I’m really hoping that they make open world events get you decent money as well.

But, thing is…not everyone WANTS to run dungeons, myself included. Why should a player be gated to do something they 1) don’t find fun or 2) enjoys? I prefer to earn money in other ways…just that those ways are steep hilled by DR’s and low drop rates.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Yeah variable dailies!!!!! THIIIIS!

Somehow I feel a bit sorry for really needing rewards, it’s just that it becomes pointless coming back even though the world itself is beautifully designed, bringing new rewards will make it more fun to replay old content with friends and guildies!

I’m thinking of finding a party for daily map runs! lol (to RP and whatnot)

Awesome post Colin!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Paid Transfers is not such a good idea. Why not just not allow people who transfer servers to play in WvW for one week. This would stop people from transferring for WvW purposes.

It means money for the company and share holders….that’s why.

This isn’t some new evil plot to make more money. This was the way it was in Beta and as it was always planned to be. They have been very kind and allowed free transfers for significantly longer then they originally planned. From what I remember the original plan was to stop free transfers 1 month after launch.

If it works like it did in beta, which I suspect it will, it will be cheap (~100 gems) to transfer to a low ranked world. It will be so-so (~400 gems) to transfer to a medium ranked and it will be very expensive (~1000 gems) to transfer to a high ranked world.

And you get those gems how? Too, I don’t see it as a new evil plot at all, just them trying to earn some money on the game. I do hower wish that they would be more honest and upfront about this fact than what is currently the truth of the matter…..

Too, this could become a problem in the way of a “Pay2Win” situation, in that if you got the cash/gems, you can always transfer to the winning servers, while those that do not are left behind…not a very good way of balancing, but good income for the company and its share holders, right?

Well you can always obtain these gems by playing for it (gold to gems). Unfortunately it is necessary. 1 week of no WvW? thats really a little. In the current situation whole guilds transfer to the top servers.

Posted by: Varu.1063

Varu.1063

So nothing about Guild Halls, nor GvG? Very disappointing.

Exalted [CoAW]
SFR

Gombar.7324

Guys, these are not patch notes, every single thing they plan to fix is not going to be listed until those updates start rolling out.

No, but still you would have expected them to adress the most prominent problems facing them and the players, in game to current date. If you do not have a solid foundation to build from, the risk of an unsound structure rises exponential.

Open world events not being rewarded enough? He addressed that.

I’m not talking just DE’s here, but too of loot, DR’s………he made no comment or remark about that at all. Wouldn’t you say that is a current and imminent problem that needs to be fixed, more so adressed?

I was also expecting something about that, but we got nothing.
Isn’t they way they phrased it the same way they did before (with the LS update)? That champions and veterans were supposed to have their loots changed.

Very much so, in more than one way too. ;O)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Grats on 3 million sold ArenaNet!

I’m very excited to see the changes coming to the game. Such a unique, exciting MMO experience to have a living breathing everchanging world to play in

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Is there a way to get Anet to give a complete bulletlist posted here of what they intend to implement and fix with GW2? For the people with dyslexia having a hard time diggin’ out information from the bunch of text. I’ve read it all, didn’t find much. Would do Anet good.

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Varmyr.4253

Varmyr.4253

I still have faith in ANET. Every MMO needs time to mature, it’s a work in progress and the best we can hope is that the devs are commited to improve this game in every possible way. I had my ups and downs with GW2, but didn’t regret for a moment buying it. A friend of mine has this thing when deciding if a game was worth buying (not sure if it’s his idea or taken from the net): if you’d lose this game, would you buy it again? For GW2 my answer is definitely yes.

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

I can’t even operate correctly right now out of pure excitement……this is AMAZING!

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

I’m pretty encouraged by this. Looks like several steps in the right direction (towards “play as you want and get top rewards” and not “grind dungeons hardcore for superior rewards”).

Gombar.7324

Paid Transfers is not such a good idea. Why not just not allow people who transfer servers to play in WvW for one week. This would stop people from transferring for WvW purposes.

This isn’t some new evil plot to make more money. This was the way it was in Beta and as it was always planned to be. They have been very kind and allowed free transfers for significantly longer then they originally planned. From what I remember the original plan was to stop free transfers 1 month after launch.

If it works like it did in beta, which I suspect it will, it will be cheap (~100 gems) to transfer to a low ranked world. It will be so-so (~400 gems) to transfer to a medium ranked and it will be very expensive (~1000 gems) to transfer to a high ranked world.

And you get those gems how? Too, I don’t see it as a new evil plot at all, just them trying to earn some money on the game. I do hower wish that they would be more honest and upfront about this fact than what is currently the truth of the matter…..

Too, this could become a problem in the way of a “Pay2Win” situation, in that if you got the cash/gems, you can always transfer to the winning servers, while those that do not are left behind…not a very good way of balancing, but good income for the company and its share holders, right?

Well you can always obtain these gems by playing for it (gold to gems). Unfortunately it is necessary. 1 week of no WvW? thats really a little. In the current situation whole guilds transfer to the top servers.

And in time WvW will suffer from this too…we’ll have a situation that Blizzard faced when they moved from server only PVP/Battlegrounds, to the Crossrealms introduction. Multiple players moved to better severs and left the weaker ones behind. To this date, they’re still suffering from the impact of this introduction….one that I fear we’ll see and experience in GW2. In a shift in the WvW balance but too game inpact in an to this date unforseen degree. I fear that the “Pay2Win” will kill off the interest in WvW for the minor servers, since why play if you get steamrolled every time you try?

If the above happens, then the team will have to come up with one or more ways to try and outbalance this, which is an already slippry slope from them having introduced the paid migration to server of choice. Will they try to force players back to the weaker servers? Put up rewards for transfering there? I think they have opened a can of worm, but then it is not the first time they have done so…so, I guess we’ll see what happens and how they’ll deal with it when they reach that bridge….

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Where’s the preview pic from? I read the article and watched the video and never saw that.

Posted by: caufenkamp.7210

caufenkamp.7210

:) i am happy to see all these features coming our way! One thing i was really hoping to see though that i didn’t was some information on guild housing! Are they still thinking of implementing guild housing? Would like to know! Again, thank you for the rest of what is happening!

Kinnuriel | 80 Elementalist | [MF] Malum Factum
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

Then is it time to move wvw out of 100% map complete ?
This is not able to be done in some servers.
That means you won’t be able to make legendary without paying to transfer to a winning side server.

Gombar.7324

Then is it time to move wvw out of 100% map complete ?
This is not able to be done in some servers.
That means you won’t be able to make legendary without paying to transfer to a winning side server.

Hmmm, good point you got there, as that would too add to the imbalance of the game.

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

The different daily achievements need to come at the same time as the subset functionality. Otherwise you’ll just being annoying players when they get a daily that includes activities they don’t like. The current dailies aren’t exciting, but they at least are common enough that you complete most of them with “regular” play.

But if Fractals shows up in the daily’s, I’ll be really annoyed. I know Anet wants to push us all into the super infinite grindfest of those mini-dungeons, but no thanks.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I find it very contradictory to everything Anet has done up to now.

They have made changes so the game is less worthwhile in PvE. They have made dragon events take longer. They have given us worse loot in PvE.

They have incentivized everyone to flood into FotM instead.

This video is promising that the opposite is intended in the future. I don’t get it.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

And in time WvW will suffer from this too…we’ll have a situation that Blizzard faced when they moved from server only PVP/Battlegrounds, to the Crossrealms introduction. Multiple players moved to better severs and left the weaker ones behind. To this date, they’re still suffering from the impact of this introduction….one that I fear we’ll see and experience in GW2. In a shift in the WvW balance but too game inpact in an to this date unforseen degree. I fear that the “Pay2Win” will kill off the interest in WvW for the minor servers, since why play if you get steamrolled every time you try?

If the above happens, then the team will have to come up with one or more ways to try and outbalance this, which is an already slippry slope from them having introduced the paid migration to server of choice. Will they try to force players back to the weaker servers? Put up rewards for transfering there? I think they have opened a can of worm, but then it is not the first time they have done so…so, I guess we’ll see what happens and how they’ll deal with it when they reach that bridge….

I guess I don’t really see where you are coming from. People have had almost 6 months to freely change servers to get to the best WvWvW server if it was important to them. The server standings are pretty fixed at this point. I see no evidence of large fluctuations of mass migrating from server to server for WvW. All the large guilds and individual players who wanted to transfer due to WvW rankings did so in the first month of the game when things were in flux. If you haven’t changed servers as of now then clearly WvW rankings aren’t really important to you and it won’t be a major contributing factor if you have to pay to move.

ZudetGambeous.9573

The different daily achievements need to come at the same time as the subset functionality. Otherwise you’ll just being annoying players when they get a daily that includes activities they don’t like. The current dailies aren’t exciting, but they at least are common enough that you complete most of them with “regular” play.

But if Fractals shows up in the daily’s, I’ll be really annoyed. I know Anet wants to push us all into the super infinite grindfest of those mini-dungeons, but no thanks.

The whole point of the change is to make people visit different zones and NOT only do fractals. I find it highly unlikely that they would make it a daily achievement.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I hope the Engineer armor will be designed with Charr in mind, as the Iron Legion pioneered Engineers.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Where’s the preview pic from? I read the article and watched the video and never saw that.

You talking about the reward screenshot?

That’s in the blog post near the systems and achievements outline.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Lazarus.1083

Lazarus.1083

Overall the changes look ok in theory at least, now with actually incorporating the changes properly? Skeptical at best . They want the daylies to become a lot more like the monthlies in so much as that the requirement will change every day. Not liking that idea so much. Are we gonna be herded around like cattle to do things that don’t interest us to get our daylie coin and Karma (even though there are possible choices from a list), like we already have to do in our monthlie? It was the one chore that was easy to do and worth while especially for those that have a limited time to play due to RL. There are days I only have time to log to do a karma run and log off (rare but it happens)

Taking a wait and see attitude, no hopes so no disappointments.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

At this point you join different WvW servers because you have different goals. There is the match which is fought the fiercest. There is the match in which the zergs have figured out how to recap efficiently to farm karma. There is the match in which one server owns 100% and you join it to complete your map.

On different days you simply have different goals. Getting nailed down to one server for good is limiting the reasons why to play WvW on any given week. It would be better, if servers could be supported by the game in such a fashion that they gain more identity and more overall competitiveness. So that players do not want to change server instead of just being inhibited by a paywall.

Posted by: adamaknight.9237

adamaknight.9237

Still out.

It seems the much needed changes to fractals (unable to reconnect) are being pushed back to ‘sometime in the first half of the year’.

No mention of any half decent armour skins? I’m really fed up of just hanging on hoping the next patch will stop the game looking so generic and boring.

You have a pretty solid combat system but there is just nothing to back it up!

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

Still out.

It seems the much needed changes to fractals (unable to reconnect) are being pushed back to ‘sometime in the first half of the year’.

No mention of any half decent armour skins? I’m really fed up of just hanging on hoping the next patch will stop the game looking so generic and boring.

You have a pretty solid combat system but there is just nothing to back it up!

Pretty sure the fractal improvements are coming at the end of January.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/fractals-of-the-mists-dungeon-improvements/
“We plan to ship these two features at the end of January.”

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Heaps about what they would LIKE to do, almost nothing about what they WILL do.

There is already a HUGE list of features we have been tolled they would LIKE to add yet they have failed to deliver on, will this just add to that list? We will have to wait and see.

With all the hype surrounding these updates, the rapidly decline of people playing this game, and the increasing amount of negativity this blog post dose very little to address the core problems this game has and the concerns of the average player.

Where is the “expansion worth of content” we were promised? This was meant to outline the plans for the first half of the year, i dont see how grinding for a “Endless cat tonic” is in anyway considered fun or gives us any incentive to log on every day.

With what they outlined in this blog post they will be giving us roughly one week worth of content before once again there is nothing to do. What about those who have all ready explored the world, this update brings very little to them.

Also the main problem i have with these updates is how delayed it is, these issues should have been dealt with before the game was launched, not months later.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

So nothing about Guild Halls, nor GvG? Very disappointing.

You will have the custom arenas to perform GvG soon.

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Yes. Just… Yes.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Hopefully that screenshot they posted in the blog regarding rewards is put into the game on the feb/march patches, would be cruel if they made us wait over 6 months for them. I’m curious in the gear boxes if it’s new cosmetic rewards that only that profession can wear… I would be extremely happy about new cosmetic rewards. Really overall happy about these upcoming features, I really want my achievement points to be worth something other than a number.

Oh and fractal improvements…big problems with disconnecting there. Also, please make the fractal level account wide…please…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Ahh! This raised more questions than it answered!

Achievement system:
1. How are the tokens distributed to you? So if I complete an achievement worth 10 points, how many tokens is that? And could this be ANY achievement? Daily kills, or “Kill 100 dredge”, or Daily Event? Or will there be a different daily zone, such as Kessix Hills, where you’ll see hundreds of players one day, and none the next? This doesn’t help the world, as only the daily zones will have most of the people.
2. Will I be able to purchase the same ascended gear pieces as I can from running fractals? Basically, if they release ascended Amulets next, 10 pristine relics get you an ascended amulet. Can I purchase an amulet with achievement points?
3. Will the 10 dye pack include chances at rare dyes, such as abyss or Midnight dyes? Or will it have only junk dyes like Pastel violet?

Guild activities:
1. Guild missions sounds an awful lot like raids. More info on this would be great. I dont know if I would want raid content in a game like this. Guild missions, where you need to be a member of the guild would be good, provided that the rewards are streamlined with other pieces of content, such as fractals or achievement token purchases. Making rewards unique to guild missions only is a bad idea. Please dont do it.

WvW:
1. When are paid transfers happening?
2. Does guesting cost anything?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

WvW:
2. Does guesting cost anything?

Assuming guesting is still the same feature they hyped pre-release, it’s just a free way to visit another server’s PvE areas and play with your friends. The difference between guesting on a server and transferring there is that a guest has to go back to his own server for WvW.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

This all sounds very promising!

So on the token vendor, in addition to the unidentified dyes, how about account bound abyss and celestial dyes for 25-50 tokens each, PLEASE!

Guild missions = raids? hmm…

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Why add in a new currency? Why not use Karma?

You may as well remove Karma from the game its that worthless. Just another problem ignored by the devs sadly, add it to the list.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

You may as well remove Karma from the game its that worthless. Just another problem ignored by the devs sadly, add it to the list.

I’m confident they are going to add new karma rewards as well as the special vendor, I would hope anyways.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

“It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards.”

This one sentence gives me hope for my future with this game.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

“It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards.”

This one sentence gives me hope for my future with this game.

At least they realize that they’ve made mistakes. I am always hopeful for the future of the game. Uncertain, but hopeful.

GW2 has an excellent foundation…the devs slipped up on Nov. 15th REALLY bad. At least they seem to have a plan to make up for it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

ZudetGambeous.9573

Karma is far from useless. The most common use for karma is for legendaries. Making a legendary weapon consumes over a million karma. Assuming you either already have, or don’t want a legendary there are numerous uses for karma:

1. Gathering tools. You can get ori gathering tools from different karma vendors.
2. Salvage kits. You can get most levels of salvage kits for karma, not sure about the top tier ones.
3. Gear. Many of the unique skins are the game are found through karma vendors in the world.
4. Gold. You can buy green level 80 weapons/armor from karma vendors and combine them in the MF to upgrade it to yellow. You can then either sell/salvage/MF those for gold. This is the best use for karma after you have a legendary. It isn’t a particularly fast process but you can ALWAYS use any extra karma you have to do this. The return isn’t wonderful, you aren’t going to get rich quick doing this, but if you are complaining that you don’t have anything to do with your karma, do this.

Posted by: Fiernze.1986

Fiernze.1986

TBH, I really don’t get what everyone is so negative/whiny/complaining about. The Anet team is and has been doing their best since launch. They keep me relatively happy with what they have. of course it will never be perfect, and do i have to remind you that the sales and gems in the game is an ECONOMIC VENTURE by Anet, of course they’ll be wanting money. I’m entertained. they give us new ‘free’ content. Oh well. If you don’t like it, stop playing. You can always come back, there’s no subscription. Just wait till Feb or March. Keep negativity restricted to WoW forums where you have to pay to play. Please.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

It was an interesting post and I am looking forward to all the things that were mentioned, but is anyone else concerned over the following comment?:

‘…we don’t want to force our players on endless gear treadmills for new tiers of gear we add every 6 months. You won’t see another tier between ascended and legendary in 2013 for example.’

That to me reads ‘We will not add new tiers in 2013, but may add more from 2014 onwards.’. I hope I have read this wrong, as I am really not keen on power creep.

Everything else that was mentioned sounds good though and I am looking forward to it.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Lainelley.5390

Lainelley.5390

I’m glad they’re adding in more ways to get ascended items, since it’s so hard to get a party in fractals (until they add their new system which i read about somewhere, that balances lvl differences to make it easier?) and the idea of constant-grinding in fractals is not very appealing. But will the upcoming ascended weapons be more powerful than legendaries/exotic? since legendaries are just skins with the same stats as exotic (right?) that’d be kind of messed. unless i’m wrong haha

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Guild Missions is a replica of Battle Of The Immortals (escort the caravan) daily guild quests.

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

my fav part was when they mention about the LFG tool u_u

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Posted by: Stormscar.5489

Stormscar.5489

It was an interesting post and I am looking forward to all the things that were mentioned, but is anyone else concerned over the following comment?:

‘…we don’t want to force our players on endless gear treadmills for new tiers of gear we add every 6 months. You won’t see another tier between ascended and legendary in 2013 for example.’

That to me reads ‘We will not add new tiers in 2013, but may add more from 2014 onwards.’. I hope I have read this wrong, as I am really not keen on power creep.

Everything else that was mentioned sounds good though and I am looking forward to it.

I think they may add this because after 1 year most ppl will have max gear, maybe at least 2 lvl 80 alts, and probably a lot of cosmetic items. Unless they play pvp, they may get bored of pve, so new tiers every maybe 1 year isnt so bad. Me, personally, wouldn’t mind that or just going with the GW1 system of just adding more and more cosmetic weapons armor. The problem is that if you don’t like the new, cosmetic only items, you have no motivation to go for the new items, so you just get bored easily of new content and quit.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Colin, can you comment on the profession gear boxes that will be available? At that cost (displayed atm) I will assume it’s more of a cosmetic reward. Will those be unique skins?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

That to me reads ‘We will not add new tiers in 2013, but may add more from 2014 onwards.’.

What’s the problem with that? They are releasing the whole ascended set + weapons and up to ascended infusions this year. That gives people a metric crap ton to do, even if they only have one character. Do you think they can pull a sudden “nope, no new gear” in 2014 when everybody has gotten used to the pace at which ascended gear pieces have been released? I read the “not releasing new gear in 2013” as “you’ve got the whole year to get geared up in ascended, if you want we’ll add more later”. They’re open for more gear, but will keep listening to the community, like they have done before with the LS patch(whose execution was bad, but this is about intention).

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

read the blob post. Its 85% PR bullcrap to skip past. The paragraph on guild updates is super vague….something about missions your guild can do, but avoids giving any explanation past that. What are missions? What is an example of a mission?

SPVP is getting stuff that they already said it was getting in an earlier blog post…so thats not new.

Really all i got from this is about 10 or 11 paragraphs into it, the new acheivement/reward system…which definitly sounds cool….and then in the wvw adding more progression like specific wvw abilities. Other than that i just read a lot of “remember those features we talked about 1-2-3-4 months ago? ya we’re still working on em!” and a long flowery recap.

Kinda dissapointed as this doesnt really reveal much new stuff…and didnt really address any of the major concerns i have or most my friends who quit had. But seems it made some people who are still playing happy, so atleast its keeping the population you still have happy. Not really re-capturing people who stopped playing though, not imo.

This is because this post is a general view, and they’ll go in details with the monthly patches…

They could have at least still given some kind of approximate release date for those features. I was hoping for something as simple as in the next X (2-3ish, heck even quarters) months we get Y, then after that we get Z. Not, oh, we gonna do X in 2013.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Everything in the blog post looked good to me. Also nothing presented violates the manifesto — which is good.

I do like the paid server transfers. That was the original plan with transfers, but they were made free during the BWEs to help compensate for lack of guesting (which was also a planned feature).

IMHO there’s no reason why permanent server transfers need to be free. If you’ve hopped servers for any reason other than to consolidate servers with your friends, then you probably should have paid for it (like any other MMO). I personally know players that have hopped servers multiple times only to be the “big man around WvW” for a few weeks. No reason for that.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

This is because this post is a general view, and they’ll go in details with the monthly patches…[/quote]

Actually its called a “preview”. And if it is just a general view they could have just shortened 85% of it into one sentance saying “our plan is to make the game better in the next couple months/sometime in 2013”. Because outside of that we got acheivement/reward and there will be a new feature “guild missions” thats all they really said (minus recapping). Like i said, this fluff post was designed to make current players happy and hopefull. Not to attract players who left (unless those players left because they wanted an acheivement system). Its myy opinion, but ones feedback can only be from your own perspective. I only showed this to 5 of my 50 guildmates who quit, and they all said the same thing “so…acheivements…..stuff they already said…neat?…so anyway have you tried X game?”. or simply had nothing at all to say, cause they just didnt care enough to respond about it. I’m sure if i showed this to someone still playing they’d read through the first 10 paragraphs of nothing with excitement…but this doesnt draw people who left to turn back. Maybe that wasnt the point of this blog.

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Guild missions and the Custom Arenas (for GvG etc.) are great, but still it’s sad to see Guild Halls not being mentioned. Someone claimed that it’s not something they are actively working on, no idea if that’s true but that would be a bummer. especially with features like these being added a place to gather with your guild is necessary.

Still all the upcoming content sounds amazing and I’m looking forward to it!

Regards

Posted by: Wobbles.6408

Wobbles.6408

How does the Achievement system work. Does this count for daily achievements? I mean do u get tokens for doing the dailies cause if we don’t, at some point we are going to run out of achievements lol to get them

Sorry i am new so I don’t know the in’s and out’s of the game yet.