Combo Killer

Combo Killer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nkali.7849

nkali.7849

I can’t tell how frustrated I am because of this new update reguarding the dailys…

… there are a lot of curses smashing the screen while I tried and was trying the combo stuff.

Isn’t it just the worst thing ever done in the game system?

PLEASE stop that and redo that. Please please take away that combo stuff from the daily. I don’t care if you add it somewhere else. But just take it away from the dailys!!!

This could cause me to delete the game!! period.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

US time was whatever (lets say 3pm) so they had till 5pm to finish. You don’t understand timezones…. they had the same amount of time to finish the daily as everyone else.

I’m not sure US dailies restart at 5pm their time. Seems illogical

Dailies reset at 00:00 GMT, So those living in the same time zone as the server have their dailies reset at 4:00 PM PST (which is GMT – 8:00)

I thought that’s just for the European datacenter. The NA one having its own time settings o.O

PS: Either way the update should’ve been held back if they were doing work on it last night and release it a lot earlier today. This way they could’ve catch the bug a lot earlier and disable it on time, without screwing players. Now I’m 1 day behind half of my server’s population because I wasn’t lucky enough to tackle this achievement. And excuse me if I’m wrong but, I see no other way of farming ascended amulets, other than obtaining through laurels. For reference, I had both ascended rings few days after fractals were added to the game, so yeah, I’m willing to grind for the best stat, for now >.> although screwing me up big time, is bad

“It was clearly not working as intended.” I am sure if they had tested it a little better they would not have released it, the patch was far bigger than we expected and a single daily which will not matter weeks/months was not their priority with trying to get it out on time. If it had been ready they could have released it at 8am their time easily.

Other ascended gear will be added to fractals over time, show some patience and read previous updates.

As for your post and your understanding of “time” please refer to my friend Jackie below;

Attachments:

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Combo Killer

Posted by: Forsaken.6720

Forsaken.6720

hmmmm… i did this daily with no problem…if u read ur skills some combos have only a 20% chance to get so what we did was i used my gaurd and had my girlfreind use her warrior with rifle i put up combo field fire….she uses #4 rifle and i use #3 greatsword skill bam worked everytime

edit: i like to add this does not work if u just set combo field and not use a skill that gives combos…ex: u set up fire combo field and then auto attack u wont get credit

Heavenly Mez – mesmer

(edited by Forsaken.6720)

Combo Killer

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

What’s wrong with ym understanding of time? What’s stopping them from setting different time settings for different continents that have nothing inbetween. You can’t even guest in a north american server. Also I never cared to know when the north americans get their reset.

Combo Killer

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The combo killer would have worked more effectively if that silly 20% chance of it happening was instead 100%. It resulted in many players beleiving it is broken.

Combo killer, should be based on having to use two different attacks which create an overall different effect whilst killing the mob. Currently the most sucessful outcomes are when an elementalist is part of the equation. Furthermore the combos have a limited combination number, however, many more attacks can be combined to create a combo kill.

So overall, the issue surfaced due to lack of suffcient combinations and low outcome percentage of 20%.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Combo Killer

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I actually once found an easy way to get something .. and it gets removed?
I’ll just show the way then, since it won’t be used anymore

Go to Ascalonian catacombs with 1 or 2 friends (or a full party, but a 2-man team is enough). Go to the stairs where a skelk burrow appears. Stay on the stairs and shoot at them. When they get close, use combofields and combo finishers. Rinse and repeat
Infinitive monsters that are very weak = 10 combo kills in less than 5 minutes …

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Combo Killer

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

What’s wrong with ym understanding of time? What’s stopping them from setting different time settings for different continents that have nothing inbetween. You can’t even guest in a north american server. Also I never cared to know when the north americans get their reset.

This game is a world-wide game, you can play everywhere (just not guesting), it’s just that they have two datacenters, one in Europe and one in the US.

And what is stopping them? What time zone would you pick for the NA servers? GMT-8? (current ANET time). Then what about the east coasters? And what for the EU servers? GMT? Then what about those people in Eastern Europe? And don’t even mention Australia and Asia…

Combo Killer

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

What’s wrong with ym understanding of time? What’s stopping them from setting different time settings for different continents that have nothing inbetween. You can’t even guest in a north american server.

The dailies reset at the exact same moment in time all over the world, special events all get released at the exact same moment in time. Different timezones explains what time in which part of the world it will be available. 12 noon for them is 8pm for us, it is the same time but in a different part of the world. This prevents people from complaining that “ooh, not fair, US got it 6 hours early, now im one laurel behind everybody” It is in the interest of being fair to everyone so please go back to school and ask your maths teacher to explain it to you again.

Also I never cared to know when the north americans get their reset.

And this is pure ignorance.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Combo Killer

Posted by: PrimalFear.4126

PrimalFear.4126

The combo killer has been removed from the weekly rotation, clearly not working as intended.

Perhaps I’m a few days late on my reply, but……..

Thank you for taking this out of rotation, the negative impacts were not just bug related for some of us, your response is appreciated.

I am still a huge advocate of beta testing these patches by the players that will be effected by them. Clearly there is a reason you won’t allow this to happen, but some of us would truly like to know what that reason is. Why is beta testing not being done?

Again thank you for fixing this and take care.

Combo Killer

Posted by: PsycNitro.7802

PsycNitro.7802

If combo killer has been deleted from the daily, then why is it still showing up in daily? And why does Daily Kill Variety not tabulate as things are killed? How are we suppose to get our daily done? Very frustrating….