in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Is it me, or did this thread vanish?

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

If you log out or change the address from /page/2 to 1 it will bring it back.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’ts just you lol. Don’t worry I find that sometimes busy threads can delay in updating when some people are posting on them. Probably a server overload or something from too many people having it open or something….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Theres no reason to have a commander tag in PVE. The game events circle the area of the event, and in many cases have NPCs that you are supposed to follow not a commander.

I beg to differ. For one thing, the circle of the events are not visible at infinite range, they only show up when you get close to said event. In my experience having a commander present attracts other players to the event. I don’t think anyone particularly cares what those commanders have to say, they just know that is where the people are.

If you can get past being jealous, the commander tags are quite beneficial.

I beg to differ? Your argument is invalid for 2 reasons, 1st reason is you used an Ad hominem. 2nd reason is because whether or not an event in another area is visible in others areas is unnecessary. There is map chat. If grenth is about to start and someone needs help they ask in map chat everyone sees that. It doesn’t require a commander tag to communicate in map chat or link POIs or way points. Reason number 2 people who farm events in Orr like plinx, Shelter etc know exactly where those events take place and when they take place without a commander telling them. Lastly your experience is based on inexperience. When you can structure a valid argument without the use of Ad hominem please do I would love to hear it.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I find them very useful in PvE, and I do not have one myself.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Hexhead.5743

Hexhead.5743

Your argument is invalid

That is your opinion. Unfortunately for you it is only your opinion and you do not get to slam your gavel and declare case closed. There are people that appreciate the commander tags in pve. You don’t have to like the tags, but you do have to accept that some people do appreciate them. That is not opinion, that is fact.

Commanders in PVE

Warlord.9074

Your argument is invalid

That is your opinion. Unfortunately for you it is only your opinion and you do not get to slam your gavel and declare case closed. There are people that appreciate the commander tags in pve. You don’t have to like the tags, but you do have to accept that some people do appreciate them. That is not opinion, that is fact.

Fact is you used an Ad hominem, and instead of giving your opinion that you simply appreciated them you attempted to discredited the fact that they are unnecessary and give reasons why you thought they were necessary. That didn’t prove they were necessary. If you appreciate them great thats all you needed to say.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Hexhead.5743

Hexhead.5743

Good, I am glad you agree with me and we can move forward.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

In PVE, the commanders I’ve seen look like they are all “recruitment officers”. The only thing I’ve seen them yak about is to join their guild. I started to equate the commanders with spammers and never really pay attention to anything they chat about.

With that said, the commanders that never spam the map chat doesn’t bother me the least.

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

(edited by Mag Li.2581)

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Guild wars 2 uses the carrot on the stick event system in PVE. Theres no reason to have a commander tag in PVE. The game events circle the area of the event, and in many cases have NPCs that you are supposed to follow not a commander.

Let me give you a different application.

My guild hosts a number of events. Some in wvw, some in pve, even a couple in pvp.

For pve events, we’ll get a squad (often more than fit in a squad) of people going thru pve zones, hitting all the skill points, vistas, triggering the events, and so on. Of course any player who wants to do it solo could do it solo. Or in a small party. We have fun in big groups, too, and the commander book gives some support to it. We also do gathering groups and “Guild Wars 101” events where people can learn more about the game.

The commander for pve isn’t because it’s necessary. There’s no place in the game where a commander is needed. In wvw, the keeps don’t move and people could certainly do without commanders, just using chat or voip to organize. Commander makes it easier to get people involved, and organized on a larger scale than they would alone.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

But my question to the community is. What do you feel when you see a commander in PVE?

Doesn’t bother me in the least. In fact, I’ve found it helpful from time to time, such as when we had a commander helping coordinate the event chains in Orr.

<rant> But I am pretty bothered by the behavior you described in your post re. people telling you that you should be in WvW. I hear things like that and it makes my blood boil. Like they have some right to determine how you spend your time. Like you have some obligation to spend your time the way they think you should. So very many people that just need to be slapped by reality until they get the kitten over themselves. </rant>

EDIT: Apparently I was frothing so much I couldn’t type properly.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Commanders in PVE

Warlord.9074

Guild wars 2 uses the carrot on the stick event system in PVE. Theres no reason to have a commander tag in PVE. The game events circle the area of the event, and in many cases have NPCs that you are supposed to follow not a commander.

Let me give you a different application.

My guild hosts a number of events. Some in wvw, some in pve, even a couple in pvp.

For pve events, we’ll get a squad (often more than fit in a squad) of people going thru pve zones, hitting all the skill points, vistas, triggering the events, and so on. Of course any player who wants to do it solo could do it solo. Or in a small party. We have fun in big groups, too, and the commander book gives some support to it. We also do gathering groups and “Guild Wars 101” events where people can learn more about the game.

The commander for pve isn’t because it’s necessary. There’s no place in the game where a commander is needed. In wvw, the keeps don’t move and people could certainly do without commanders, just using chat or voip to organize. Commander makes it easier to get people involved, and organized on a larger scale than they would alone.

Thats all good and fine, but thats you not the other dozen commanders we all see all the time that are not doing this. In fact we scratch our heads most of the time wondering why they have the tag on. Its not because were not with their group its because they have no group or are just farming or are doing nothing like what you are describing. When we see those commanders we think hey this person icon is really annoying. It has no purpose here where we are and with what we are doing turn it off.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

There have been so many threads on this topic at this point. By now you’d think someone at ArenaNet would have just said “Hey, know what players would appreciate having? An option to control the types of clutter being displayed on their map/radar”.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I don’t understand them in PvE, but then I don’t really care. A friend of mine that just got the game saw one in Queensdale and had no idea what it was though. Thought it was an event he should go to. So I guess it can confuse new players.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i am working on getting it, because my guild can never find me on the world map when i join their group. the “regular” blue party dot is REALLY tough to find on the map many times for me. they should make that pve party dot bright red.

at least this way they can probably find me easier.

Commanders in PVE

Edge.4180

i am working on getting it, because my guild can never find me on the world map when i join their group. the “regular” blue party dot is REALLY tough to find on the map many times for me. they should make that pve party dot bright red.

at least this way they can probably find me easier.

Until everyone is sporting one. At which point the map/radar will be useless and everyone will finally agree something should have been done about this long ago.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

I’m amused every time a player spends 100 gold and suddenly thinks they’re a subject matter expert on all things Guild Wars.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I’m amused every time a player spends 100 gold and suddenly thinks they’re a subject matter expert on all things Guild Wars.

I’ve watched a Commander repeatedly run into a camp ok Skelks and die not once, but three times while i was farming at Southsun Cove. It really boggled me how they (or their guild mates) spent 100 gold yet he couldn’t handle a few mobs and kept failing. I mean, really?

Commanders in PVE

mulch.2586

wut, as opposed to those of us who spent $59, and now are forums experts?

wvw has a lot of armchair quarterbacks whose guilds didn’t buy them a book, too

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

wut, as opposed to those of us who spent $59, and now are forums experts?

wvw has a lot of armchair quarterbacks whose guilds didn’t buy them a book, too

I agree, what is the ‘requirement’ for someone to become commander? Well the game was designed for it to be 100g, that’s it. There’s no skill, knowledge or personality test.

I love to follow commanders in both WvW and PvE, not because I can’t do things solo, but because this is supposed to be a social game and commanders usually have an entourage following them where I get to easily meet new players as a result.

I do agree that there should be an option in the map to display/don’t display various items, such as the commander flag, but to throw hate on commanders that are using the game as it was designed to be used?! That’s a shallow, selfish act IMO.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’ve previously made a topic about the Commander issues and the general negativity towards them. I really feel this system needs a change.

To give some background, I’ve played since beta weekend 1 and have about 1600+ hours of gameplay time since early headstart. I can safely say I know this game pretty well (You’d have to be pretty thick if you didn’t after playing the game so long though I suppose it’s always a possibility).

Most of this time was spend in PvE/Dungeons al though I’ve learned quite a bit in regards to WvW especially from tagging along with experienced guilds using their voice comms.

I’m the guild leader of my guild and my guild members gathered the money to get me the Commander icon because we had a good 3 to 4 events a week (both PvE and PvP related). As you can imagine it’s been extremely useful managing people during events. The icon being a great way to mark a rally point for the entire guild.

I’ve also commanded in WvW, I’m not exactly an elite professional but I’ve seen a lot worse out there. Like the ‘FULL CAPS SPAM’ ones and I’m sure you can think of several other types. Either way I’m always trying to improve my commanding and learning new tricks in that regard.

That said, I’ve received a lot of abuse and angry whispers of people for having the icon on or forgetting I have it on or assuming I’m ‘flaunting my riches’ when in PvE settings. This is quite disheartening at times when I’m trying my best to help people and make things run more smoothly.

What the commander icon should represent is someone who is a veteran and knowledgable within the game and/or who has been voted for by a certain number of people. Let’s say there should be a required amount of hours played on that specific character and at least 10 people should be able to vouch for you as well as the money on top of it.

This should already greatly reduce (though probably not eliminate) incompetent commanders being able to gain the icon. On top of that you should be able to swap icons to ‘guild only’, ‘squad only’ (I know those in your squad can’t see other commanders but those who aren’t can still see you), ‘seen by all’.

There should also be a way for people to disable individual commander icons if they so choose and have a way to toggle them on or off for PvE entirely. On top of that I feel other map icons when not in PvP should be prioritised over the commander icon (like waypoints and bank/vendor icons).

It’s Arenanets responsibility to improve the system to prevent such a backlash towards the commanders and annoyance to people playing the game. I can see both sides of the coin here. I would really like to see an improvement of the system.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Some people say that commander in PVE is nothing more then e-kitten. Well oke but what about legendary and Cultural T3 gear? Is that even more e-kitten?

I had no idea that cultural gear or legendary weapons caused an impossible-to-turn-off icon to appear on every other player’s map. That doesn’t seem to happen in my version of GW2.

- Al Zheimer

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

I’m actually more interested as to what name you were using that was ‘inappropriate’. Your forum name is in no way offensive, because besides popular belief, Lucifer is a common name an many countries, and flagging it as offensive would be an act of discrimination. I would seriously put in a complaint about that.

The name used was “SaintLucifer”. So in some point i can see that it is inappropriate. But i think that people that get offended aren’t even allowed to play games because of there religion. Also been using that game for more then 10 years and this is the first time i get a message the it is inappropriate.

But i think that players just reported me because i was wearing the commander sign in a PVE event.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Commander icons should be something that is earned in WvW. Maybe by being the one of the best players in multiple WvW games. And the icon should be taken away if don’t perform will in multiple WvW games.

But buying a Commander icon for 100g doesn’t make a player a real commander.

As time goes on more and more will have commander icons.

Maybe a icon for PVE that can alert players on the map of any events. It would have to be like a skill the is activated for a limited time. Options for guild only or anyone to see on the map. And maybe a note people can click on and read. This would be good for players hosted events.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Commander icons should be something that is earned in WvW. Maybe by being the one of the best players in multiple WvW games. And the icon should be taken away if don’t perform will in multiple WvW games.

But buying a Commander icon for 100g doesn’t make a player a real commander.

As time goes on more and more will have commander icons.

Maybe a icon for PVE that can alert players on the map of any events. It would have to be like a skill the is activated for a limited time. Options for guild only or anyone to see on the map. And maybe a note people can click on and read. This would be good for players hosted events.

I agree with this, but I hope they make a new title if they change the reqs like that. I really hate the idea of the first 150 people to buy their way into the title getting to keep it and then everyone else has to PvP for it.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Arlen.1625

Arlen.1625

I don’t understand why people complain so much about those that purchased the commander title just to show off their wealth.
Also legendary weapons and T3 armors have the unique purpose to show off. Wouldn’t it be absurd if someone come out asking a player not to use a legendary weapon because “it’s just to show off”?
I think your problem is just a certain degree of jelousy. You are probably bothered by a title you aren’t able to get. I can’t give myself any other explaination why otherwise a small icon on the world-map would hurt you that much.
The only reason to get upset with a commander is when they lead in a very bad way in WvW, or when they assume an arrogant attitude, not when they are in PvE without hurting anyone…

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

There needs to be a toggle filter on the map/mini-map that lets you hide Commanders. That would solve many of the issues raised in this thread.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

It shouldnt cost 100g to be commander it should be Achivments + Badges + Gold and Hard to get

Soon you will se like 80% of the population have the commander tag the commander will command the commanders other commander

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Maybe Anet could just turn off the Commander marker working anywhere else than in WvW?

If you want to show your guildies where you are, shift-click a waypoint and post in your guild chat. Other than that, I ignore a Commander icon in PvE as it does not concern me in this setting.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Commanders in PVE

Fay.2735

Removing the commander icon from PvE would be a step backwards. As much as people seem to think it has no purpose there it’s incredibly useful as a guild leader in a mostly PvE dominated guild. It shouldn’t be removed there just needs to be some adjustments to the system like the ones I suggested in my long post above.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

commanders are not “needed” in PvE. If a commander chooses to leave the tag on and get bossy, I suppose the worst thing that could happen is they get a few mean whispers and blocked by certain users

Best advice is if you are wearing a commander tag, do something with it — ie provide a tray of food.. something. Offer curt advice without sounding like a sophomoric egotist. Do something other than bark orders in all caps or you’ll just reinforce why many players dislike 50% of the commanders. Respect has to be earned, whether in WvW or not.. having a commander tag by itself does not command respect

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

If a commander is shown out of WvW you should just ignore it and get over yourself. In WvW it has a real purpose. Outside of WvW, it’s just a symbol on the map. At least you know there’s somebody else in the map with you.

For the rest, ah yeh, get over yourself.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Commanders in PVE

Edge.4180

If a commander is shown out of WvW you should just ignore it and get over yourself. In WvW it has a real purpose. Outside of WvW, it’s just a symbol on the map. At least you know there’s somebody else in the map with you.

Listen to what you’re saying. It’s a symbol on our map that you admit isn’t worth paying attention to, but happens to be obscuring symbols on our map that are worth paying attention to.

And you don’t see the problem with this?

It’s not about “getting over ourselves”. It’s about having the tools to keep our UI clean and only display what we want displayed there.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I have a commander title as i play WvWvW alot. But sometimes i need to make some gold because WvWvW is not cheap. So i jump in the PVE events and sometimes i have my commander title on. Not to show of but when we have guildies that not know where the event is. Its just simple for them to look for the commander title. Also for random people to.

Now the problem is. The moment i put my title on. You get messages from other players that i NEED to play WvWvW and need to get out of the PVE content or that i m just showing my e-kitten. This is can handle and i just simple ignore them but yesterday i had a complete guild telling me that i NEED to do WvWvW as people there need me (While on TeamSpeak chatting to other commanders that they don’t need me at all.). Still not a big problem. But all of the sudden doring the event i got kicked out of the game because my name was inappropriate (using that name the moment gw2 launched).
Well now its start to get a problem. Because everybody know coming up with a name is the hardest part of the game.

But my question to the community is. What do you feel when you see a commander in PVE?

I really don’t understand the hate.
Reporting your name because you’re using the title in PvE is a kitten move.
Seeing a commander in PvE has no effect on me whatsoever. They aren’t even a blip on my radar.
I don’t even use titles unless I find them personally amusing. It’s not like they have any effect on gameplay, or my enjoyment of the game.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

I have a commander title as i play WvWvW alot. But sometimes i need to make some gold because WvWvW is not cheap. So i jump in the PVE events and sometimes i have my commander title on. Not to show of but when we have guildies that not know where the event is. Its just simple for them to look for the commander title. Also for random people to.

Now the problem is. The moment i put my title on. You get messages from other players that i NEED to play WvWvW and need to get out of the PVE content or that i m just showing my e-kitten. This is can handle and i just simple ignore them but yesterday i had a complete guild telling me that i NEED to do WvWvW as people there need me (While on TeamSpeak chatting to other commanders that they don’t need me at all.). Still not a big problem. But all of the sudden doring the event i got kicked out of the game because my name was inappropriate (using that name the moment gw2 launched).
Well now its start to get a problem. Because everybody know coming up with a name is the hardest part of the game.

I really don’t understand the hate.
Reporting your name because you’re using the title in PvE is a kitten move.
Seeing a commander in PvE has no effect on me whatsoever. They aren’t even a blip on my radar.
I don’t even use titles unless I find them personally amusing. It’s not like they have any effect on gameplay, or my enjoyment of the game.

Actually, they are that blue blip on your radar. I find it really cute when a few of them AFK in Lions Arch at the waypoint by traders so you have to zoom the map in to find the damn waypoint to click on it. /bravo to those super special commanders

Like others have said this will be awesome in 6 months when nobody has anything to spend gold on and EVERYONE has their very own blue smear on the mini map.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I don’t mind when they are running event chains like cursed shore farming.

It’s when there are 5+ sitting around in lions arch they start to clog the mini map and get annoying.

This. Unless you’re actively involved in some kind of content where it’s useful for people to know where you are, it’s just clutter. If I had some option on my end to stop it from showing on my map, I would use it any time I’m out of WvW… but I don’t, so I’d personally appreciate not having to see your icon.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Listen to what you’re saying. It’s a symbol on our map that you admit isn’t worth paying attention to, but happens to be obscuring symbols on our map that are worth paying attention to.

And you don’t see the problem with this?

It’s not about “getting over ourselves”. It’s about having the tools to keep our UI clean and only display what we want displayed there.

If a person is in your way on the street, or blocking your view with their hat, do you say nasty things to them?
Most people, civilized, sane people, simply say “Excuse me” and/or “You’re blocking my view. Would you mind moving over a bit, please?”

I’m willing to bet that having Commander title set in PvE is, many times, because the player simply doesn’t see the need to bother taking it off, especially if they are primarily a PvP player. Perhaps a polite request will have a more positive result than insults and vitriol.

So yes; it certainly is about “getting over yourself”, and the misconception that everything anyone does that annoys or inconveniences you* is a purposeful act, designed just to kitten people off or measure their kitten.

*universal, not personal

I’ve never had an issue with Commander icons interfering with my game, but I can see where it could get annoying if they are bunched together at a WP.
A box to click in Options to not view Commander icons outside of WvW wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

(edited by Kitty La Boom Boom.4065)

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

How the hell can it bother anyone ? it’s a little blue icon barely noticable :S
If I had commander title and someone moaned about me using it in PvE i’d pretty much verbally abuse him till I get banned. I do what I want, if I was stupid enough to spend 100g on it, then I can use it however the kitten I like, if it bothers you then it’s you’re problem. That’s like me saying I don’t like your gear please remove it thanks.

And no I don’t have the title never even thought of getting it.

merrrrr

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I’m a Commander. Before I became one, Commander icons in Lion’s Arch and especially in PVE never bothered me. There was one Commander that helped lead the zerg back when they were doing the Straits of Devastation circle. It was helpful to people.

I don’t use my icon in Lion’s Arch and PVE since there’s no reason and I fully understand that a majority of the players are negative towards seeing it outside of WvW than positive.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

Only 97 gold before I get my blue icon… :P

Commanders in PVE

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t understand why people complain so much about those that purchased the commander title just to show off their wealth.
Also legendary weapons and T3 armors have the unique purpose to show off. Wouldn’t it be absurd if someone come out asking a player not to use a legendary weapon because “it’s just to show off”?
I think your problem is just a certain degree of jelousy. You are probably bothered by a title you aren’t able to get. I can’t give myself any other explaination why otherwise a small icon on the world-map would hurt you that much.
The only reason to get upset with a commander is when they lead in a very bad way in WvW, or when they assume an arrogant attitude, not when they are in PvE without hurting anyone…

“The only reason to get upset with a commander is when they lead in a very bad way in WvW,”

This is the part that is bad about the icon. People are following bad commanders only have a icon because they grind for it.

Most good WvW players don’t have a icon because they are not farming much.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

How the hell can it bother anyone ? it’s a little blue icon barely noticable :S
If I had commander title and someone moaned about me using it in PvE i’d pretty much verbally abuse him till I get banned. I do what I want, if I was stupid enough to spend 100g on it, then I can use it however the kitten I like, if it bothers you then it’s you’re problem. That’s like me saying I don’t like your gear please remove it thanks.

And no I don’t have the title never even thought of getting it.

merrrrr

I agree with you on the “it’s my money and title and I’ll do what I want with it”.

However, I also want to ONLY see what I want to see on MY OWN kitten mini map. The commanders can choose what they want to do, but give the rest of us a chance to turn it off on OUR OWN maps, please. I don’t think anyone would get into a fit if individual players can choose to turn off that icon in the first place.

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

Commanders in PVE

Onshidesigns.1069

Commander icon in Guilds-Guilds leaders use this to organize guild mates into groups.
*This can instead be done with guild only icons.

Players hosted events
*Events hosted by players for anyone to join. Instead of using a commander icon to mark them. A new item or skill can be bought that will place a icon on a map for a limited time. With a clickable short note on the hosted event.

Commander icon
*remove buying them
*Should be something that is earned or taken away, based on WvW performance.
*refund players who bought them

Commanders in PVE

Fay.2735

Removing the commander icon from PvE is a bad idea it’s an invaluable tool as a guild leader attempting to organise events within PvE settings.

Currently the only large scale content is WvW and Dragons. With dragons not being about community building. What happened to all those mini games? Why can’t keg brawl be fixed to support matching up and guild tournaments not just randoms?

I feel if more mini-games were added WITH guild support it would make a huge difference (+ of course guild halls, guild halls should be the stop between the world and LA like heart of the mists currently is…. Press G, Go to guild hall…done).

Currently the only way to do events in PvE as a guild is to make them up ourselves and to help with this the commander icon has made things a lot easier for me.

So no I wouldn’t be happy if the commander icon is removed from PvE, what I would like to see are improvements to the systems and more functionalities added as I’ve already suggested but I want to stress how invaluable being able to be seen by guild members and/or random strangers can be.

It should NOT be a WvW only thing.

Commanders in PVE

mulch.2586

I wish there were a way to form a raid group. You know, like there is in basically every other MMO on the market.

There isn’t.

So we have Commander books. They cost gold, so are purchased usually by guilds that take up collections. Yes, it’s the worst, dumbest, most awkward design in MMO history. But it’s GW2. You could go play a game with better tools that you don’t like as much as GW2. Or just deal with GW2. /shrug

Making up some system for wvw-achievement to get you books — that just doesn’t seem like it’ll work at all, and really overestimates what wvw really takes. And is completely irrelevant to a thread that’s about commander books in pve.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Commander titles should NOT show up in PvE. If you have it on you are showing off or just being annoying. The ONLY exception is if the commander is running an event for everyone on the map. But I have yet to see one do that in PvE.

In WvW I do understand the importance. That is where it should be used.

That being said, I just ignore them in PvE but I can understand others being annoyed enough to send rude whispers.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The icon only gets annoying on minimap if I`ve marked a personal waypoint & that covers it, can live with it though

Next time someone kittenes to you, tell them they should be thanking you, your guild or whoever paid as it`s us WvWers that give the PvErs all those free buffs they`re making use of

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I really don’t care unless you step on my toes and start being bossy..

This sums it up for me as well. Pay them no attention otherwise.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

The icon only gets annoying on minimap if I`ve marked a personal waypoint & that covers it, can live with it though

Next time someone kittenes to you, tell them they should be thanking you, your guild or whoever paid as it`s us WvWers that give the PvErs all those free buffs they`re making use of

… What buffs are these exactly?

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Commanders in PVE

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

You are assuming that us PvE players don’t WvW as well. Not true. It also doesn’t hold much water if your server happens to be in last place.