Communicating with you 2.0

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I remember a thred with a dev saying communications will be improved on the forums.

And it really has, for about a month, and then it died again.

I understand that there are infos that cannot be shared at the moment, like HoT release date and such, but to me the forums seem so barren of Anet activity in any matter (only exception being PvP forums with Justin and Evan’s witty replies, I love those).

Please, communicate with your playerbase, if you don’t it appears as if you don’t care about them at all. I don’t find this policy/attitude healthy at all, I have also not seen any online game I played (I played maybe a handful) with so little communication from the devs/forum mods.

Leaving your fans in the dark, is not a good thing.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

PvP sub-forums aren’t the only ones with heavy Dev interaction.

Still, it seems the Devs are very busy with getting ready for the release of HoT. I’d love more posts, but not at the expense of getting the expansion as soon as possible.

What would be nice is more Blogs, etc. with expansion information/deep dives/etc.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Ms. Gray had this to say on this topic nearly 5 months ago.

We’d appreciate not seeing resurrections of this topic, when it has been addressed often in the past and to the degree that we’re able to address it right now.

The topic was, of course, communication. So, rest easy, folks. The communication issue has been cured.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Ms. Gray had this to say on this topic nearly 5 months ago.

We’d appreciate not seeing resurrections of this topic, when it has been addressed often in the past and to the degree that we’re able to address it right now.

The topic was, of course, communication. So, rest easy, folks. The communication issue has been cured.

Regularly aggressive or snide comments of this nature, are in my opinion, exactly why they avoid posting whenever possible. They are berated for not posting, then berated when they do.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Oh. I did not know that thread existed. Shutting down the thread on better communication tells stories.

Ah well.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

As much as this thread will be gone before long, I’ll still say this about communication.

Good communication ca only occur when good information is permitted to be released.

I’ve made no secret of my annoyance, even anger at times towards things Anet have done, and how I feel our views have been mostly ignored for almost a year, then Anet sweep in like white knights proclaiming all will soon be good, without acknowledging their kitten-poor treatment of us in some respects is what got us to this point.

That said, the communication team does have a hard job with us, because of the policies in place, and Anet’s infamous exodus from the forums following the April feature patch. That and they toe the line between being able to tell us something, not being able to tell us something, and wanting to. Communication has to bear the brunt of our anger because they are the portal between us and the devs and Anet higher-ups. But it is those higher ups that call the shots, amke the decision and has to decide what to do with out feedback, and decide what can be said – the Anet guys on the forum have to stick to the parameters they are given, as evidenced by the run up to the announcement about the personal story changes, with the guy saying the language and content had to be approved (or words to that effect).

Communication team can only give the information to us that they are allowed to, and they do pass on our thoughts. The issue is certain, overly tight company policy, and the higher ups giving a direction that seems to be too occupied with always pushing forward that being able to look back and fix the mistakes clearly made is not an option until it gets too bad.

Communication can only be as good as the Anet higher ups allow it to be, and therein lies the problem. Not they they don’t say things, but they wait too long to say something by which time the damage has long been done and has festered. Communication will get better when that attitude changes. In the meantime, us as players get borked by that ignorance, and the communication team gets the full force of the complaints.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t understand the communication thing. Given how much damage it does to player good will it just doesn’t seem cost affective.

It takes a heck of a lot more money to develop things to build up player confidence than it costs to pay someone to spend an hour on here making sure it doesn’t go away.

Moreover, they seem to be actively trying to anger people. Putting SAB minis in the BLCs on March 31st was so obviously going to upset the people who want it back. I realise that isn’t everyone, but what kind of company gives that kind of middle finger to any of its customers? It isn’t like every single player who cares about SAB has been rude to them.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I don’t understand the communication thing. Given how much damage it does to player good will it just doesn’t seem cost affective.

It takes a heck of a lot more money to develop things to build up player confidence than it costs to pay someone to spend an hour on here making sure it doesn’t go away.

Moreover, they seem to be actively trying to anger people. Putting SAB minis in the BLCs on March 31st was so obviously going to upset the people who want it back. I realise that isn’t everyone, but what kind of company gives that kind of middle finger to any of its customers? It isn’t like every single player who cares about SAB has been rude to them.

SAB minis in BLCs upset both kind of ppl. Those who regulary open chests get multiple SAB minis, which are not tradeable, so it counts as a useless item after having those unlocked. And those who wish to avoid RNG and buy 500gem mini packs instead.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I remember a thred with a dev saying communications will be improved on the forums.

They don’t care.

Have you seen that forum bug, that prevents people from seeing posts until someone makes a new post in a new thread page? You have probably seen posts saying “fixing forum bug”. Have you noticed how ArenaNet has made zero forum improvements for years now?

That’s because ArenaNet lost the contract with the company that developed and mantained the forum, so they cannot change any feature nor fix any bug. If ArenaNet actually cared, they could do something about it, but nope, they won’t.

Enjoy the forum you currently have, knowing it’s a carcass that has been left to rot and won’t be improved any time ever. That’s how much ArenaNet cares about “communication”.

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Last post was 9 hours ago from my post. That is somewhere between 9:30pm-12:30AM Thursday night for the devs local time I believe. It is also only 2 hours before your OP.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker