Compensation regarding scribe/decorations?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuggi.7861

Nuggi.7861

I’m glad you find it fun. I can’t stop laugh myself, and I’m sure Anet is sitting laughing too while calculating how much extra they earned on gems the first 6 months after the pacth.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

thats the rub. you got those items 6 months before everyone else did. while those items dont translate backwards into something monetary you paid money to get something before other people.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

My main suggestion was not to get the money refunded

We want our gold/gems back.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Nuggi.7861

Nice find Sherlock, and exactly, as I typed yesterday in this thread, that my main suggestion to get our decoration doubled up is gone by this patch.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

while I don’t think they will and just the thought of it is silly,

I do feel slighted since 2 in [STRM] had gotten 400 scribe the “hard” way. I don’t have a solution to the issue but ya they could have maybe put some effort into finding a way.

After all, they did put in the title Twice Told Legend for a reason when wardrobe was released which is one instance that comes to mind.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

What about those who spent way too much money on this already?

Those should compensate the rest of us for making us wait so long for a price review. Had more people refused to pay those silly prices, it’d have been much faster.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

And I guess that means for those who bought GW2 3-4 years ago should get a refund for the price difference? And those that bought Gem Store items should get a refund when items go on sale? I’m just gonna disagree (not sling insults) with the OP, I see no need to visit this………

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Nuggi.7861

I have as well played the game from the very start. Lost money, gained money, I don’t care, but with such major change as to this, I feel robbed. It’s not just a few thousand gold we are talking about here.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I have as well played the game from the very start. Lost money, gained money, I don’t care, but with such major change as to this, I feel robbed. It’s not just a few thousand gold we are talking about here.

I have invested a lot as well, and when they announced they were adjusting me and my entire guild scaled back awaiting the result.

Posted by: Helliquin.3527

Helliquin.3527

Anet…You know who has done What…Where and When in this game, so do the right thing and give some sort of compensation to those of us that toiled over the Scribe crafting. It can’t be that many kitten many have given up long ago…… Or please release some the account bound stuff to be merched or salvaged. I have so many backpacks, my storage is backing up AGAIN!

Posted by: Helliquin.3527

Helliquin.3527

I did not put ‘Kitten’ in my post!

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I did not put ‘Kitten’ in my post!

LOL you were sensored

Posted by: EsarioTwo.9251

EsarioTwo.9251

It’s called the “you got cool stuff before other people” principle. Should I get refunded for buying precursors at exorbitant prices now that precursor crafting came out?

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

I did not craft any decorations because it was too expensive.

If I had known beforehand that people who craft expensive decorations will get compensations once the decorations get cheaper, I would’ve already had crafted them 5 months ago!

I feel cheated and demand compensation!!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet is devaluing effort people put into this game since 2013. I am not suprised.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

I wonder how many players who replied negatively to the OP actually even bothered to do any scribing, if you haven’t done any kitten. Simple. This isn’t as black and white as some of you like to think, and some of the comparisons to changed game models some people are making are just plain dumb.

For me compensation in the form of items/materials USED in scribing makes sense. Gold is harder to refund but the raw materials is simple, they have a breakdown of materials per crafting profession used and what was made and that is easy enough to refund.

People talking about it being entirely optional, yes and no. There are alot of advanced guild hall upgrades that require certain levels of scribe, as well as initially a legendary journey or two. To assume every single guild and person making a legendary requiring items from scribe would wait for them to realise “oh kitten scribing prices are insane” you are kidding yourself. Does that make us not eligible for a refund of significant materials, hell no.

They lose nothing compensating us virtual goods, they will simply be thanked and appreciated for considering the players who actually bothered to play their game.

AzureSky.3175

[…]

Whenever you craft anything, you decide that the thing you are crafting is worth it’s cost to you.
There’s absolutely no reason to demand compensations later.
If you think that something is not worth it’s cost – don’t craft it.

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Your “compensation” was getting to enjoy the items you crafted in your guild hall before others that waited could.

Nuggi.7861

Whenever you craft anything, you decide that the thing you are crafting is worth it’s cost to you.
There’s absolutely no reason to demand compensations later.
If you think that something is not worth it’s cost – don’t craft it.

So let’s imagine that you had crafted 15-20 legendary weapons, most of the money spent from your credit card, real life money because you didn’t liked to grind/didn’t had the time for it, and felt it was nice to support a game you liked.
Then all of a sudden Anet decide that legendaries now can be bought for 1 gold each from a vendor. How would that make you feel?
I guess my cost so far are between 15-20 legendaries in decoations.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, I think the “Twice Told Legend” set a reasonable precedent for this. Either give titles for the tiers of scribing unlocked before the patch, or do something like double up the decorations crafted (if you want to benefit guild over player).

I don’t think this is unreasonable given the costs were reduced by hundreds if not thousands of gold.

I’d also repeat that not compensating such a big drop seriously disincentives players investing in things. We’ve already had the SAB trib skins lose their value thanks to ANet, so that’s hours of effort devalued. Now scribing (which, to be clear, I think is a good thing in itself).

Why should anyone put effort (and more importantly money for gems) into the game if the rules can be changed at any time?

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

@Atlas – missing the point, ignorance is bliss.

@Azuresky – I would agree with that opinion normally, but not on this issue, the time frame is much narrower than what that argument would normally support e.g. the people asking for compo from copper/silver salvage o matics, when shared slots were unlocked. The time frame was within a reasonable threshold that it was acceptable for it to be rejected. HoT and it’s core features are still new and hotly contested, scribe and the GH were a big one. We had to upgrade just to re-unlock existing features of our previous guilds (missions, banners, etc). And that included making and leveling a scribe regardless of the expenses. Again I iterate unless you are a scribe or an officer in a guild responsible for it’s development, it’s NOT that black and white. This isn’t about just about decorations, if you think that’s the case then you know very little about scribe requirements in the game.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Per my previous post in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Compensation-regarding-scribe-decorations/first#post6078781 I am still wondering when you spent this astounding amount of resources on scribing. Because the moment I saw their first comment that they would reduce the costs once they figured out how to deal with the various factors involved, I stopped leveling scribe other than incidental gains from making the 100 sandpaper needed for one hall upgrade. That was months ago. Granted my main guild is on life support and we aren’t exactly pushing the envelope on upgrades and decorations, so there was less pressure to worry about it, but even so there was notice that a cost reduction was on the way.

The longer ago you spent your resources, the longer you’ve had to enjoy having all the stuff, which is its own compensation. This isn’t as bad as complaining that you got to use a boombox for 2 years after buying it in the gem store but now your expense is wasted because other people that didn’t have it for 2 years can now get it for less. But it’s the same principle. You either spent early despite the grotesquely over-expensive costs and then had the cool stuff, or you spent after there was notice that the costs would go down. Either way you made that choice.

Nuggi.7861

The 500 gold hedge as seen on the picture here. Never enjoyed anything so much in my life. Was worth all the effort. Tiny, but green at least.

Now you can make 25 of them for the same price.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

So let’s imagine that you had crafted 15-20 legendary weapons, most of the money spent from your credit card, real life money because you didn’t liked to grind/didn’t had the time for it, and felt it was nice to support a game you liked.
Then all of a sudden Anet decide that legendaries now can be bought for 1 gold each from a vendor. How would that make you feel?

Like I needed to reassess my spending priorities.

My guild has had many discussions about Scribing since HoT launched, we felt from the get go that the prices were too exorbitant and that we would wait until things shook down in terms of price. As soon as we heard ANet admit that mistakes had been made, we put scribing on hold barring a couple or three of us hitting Level 50 for sandpaper for guild hall upgrades. We have some basic guild decorations in the hall but mostly those tokens from bosses and events so the ‘guild hall would be bare’ argument doesn’t wash. There were plenty of chances to make cheap decorations that look good without 400 scribe. If you went for 400 scribe, you felt it was worth the cost at the time. If you didn’t, why should ANet refund you for a bad decision that you chose to make?

I’ve bought a few things from the gem store to have them go on a discounted sale a week or two later. Have I asked for refunds? No, I’ve sucked it up and put it down to bad timing because that’s all it is. I chose to buy those items when I did, not wait until they went on sale, therefore ANet owes me nothing.

At the end of the day, if you don’t feel something is worth the cost, you don’t buy it. Likewise if you can’t afford something, you don’t buy on credit with inflated interest rates where it’s going to smack you in the wallet IRL. You chose to do one or both those things, and it’s not the fault of ANet that you weren’t more prudent with your money. It’s yours.

Edit -

The 500 gold hedge as seen on the picture here. Never enjoyed anything so much in my life. Was worth all the effort.

So it was worth the cost at the time for you. Why the heck should you get a refund then?

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

ok folks , just calm down .. it was data-mined … refund soon .. just be patient

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4figzt/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_april_19/

scoll down to Guilds & Scribing section.

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4figzt/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_april_19/

I dont see where it says that scirbing is getting refunded, only the treasury so I do not know what you are talking about.

In any case, I was livid when this happened. While I am happy they made the change, not 3 days earlier I had just scribed about 600g worth of SAB items. If they knew they were changing the scribing costs when SAB was released, why did they make the items still need the items it did? It is a real insult to release SAB items with the high cost to craft them when they knew they were going to be reducing the mats needed.

I will accept that I have to take the hit for leveling up scribing, but anything made in like the last month should really be refunded or compensated in some way. The real problem is that they knew this change would be coming, and yet the only mention of it was in some obscure reddit post a couple weeks ago (something I never saw till after the fact). A change like this need to be WAY more visible to people so they can decide if they want to scibe or not till the change is made.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Actually it was mentioned in Guild Chat on Jan 22 and quoted in these forums on Jan 23
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Anet-to-reduce-decoration-scribe-cost/first#post5939585

Then Gaile posted https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Scribing-Costs/first on Feb 03, and that got 3 pages of comments.

So no, the first mention wasn’t a couple of weeks ago on Reddit.

No, they didn’t make a big point of it during SAB. Perhaps they should have told us the locked in stuff before the patch hit, especially that which would affect player wallets (I am in the camp of they darn well should have, it’s not just “talk and promises” at that point). However, it was knowledge that we had as of the beginning of February and I know I’m not the only one that held off on scribe stuff based on it.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m one of those broke scribes whos entire bank tab went empty scribing. It would have been nice if they’d compensated existing scribes for the massive price discrepancy, but the time for doing so is over.

At this point there’s no equitable solution after a day of the new economy. I’m ecstatic that scribing is so much cheaper now. Would it have been cool to get a title or some bonus mats? Sure. Not like it ruins scribing for me. I had plans, big plans, for big decorations, and not those plans are much more affordable to complete the last 50% of then what the first 50% cost me.

I will say that with all the new scribes, those decoration caps should be a much higher priority to fix now. They are abysmally restrictive.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I dont see where it says that scirbing is getting refunded, only the treasury so I do not know what you are talking about.

In any case, I was livid when this happened. While I am happy they made the change, not 3 days earlier I had just scribed about 600g worth of SAB items. If they knew they were changing the scribing costs when SAB was released, why did they make the items still need the items it did? It is a real insult to release SAB items with the high cost to craft them when they knew they were going to be reducing the mats needed.

I will accept that I have to take the hit for leveling up scribing, but anything made in like the last month should really be refunded or compensated in some way. The real problem is that they knew this change would be coming, and yet the only mention of it was in some obscure reddit post a couple weeks ago (something I never saw till after the fact). A change like this need to be WAY more visible to people so they can decide if they want to scibe or not till the change is made.

And this is why I just collected the clouds and waited to craft the big SAB things later. Once I get more sand I’ll be working on even more for my guild’s hall.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Has anyone calculated the new cost to max scribing?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I will say that with all the new scribes, those decoration caps should be a much higher priority to fix now. They are abysmally restrictive.

The caps are performance-driven. Unless you want to buy everyone new computers, it’s not likely to be easy to fix (if it’s even possible with the current engine). I’m not sure that GH decorations should be prioritized over any of the 100s of other things the community wants tweaked|fixed|overhauled.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

They have never provided refunds (with a tiny number of exceptions for when there was a specific price error on their part).

I heard they gave refunds when they changed the price of commander tags.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The caps are performance-driven. Unless you want to buy everyone new computers, it’s not likely to be easy to fix (if it’s even possible with the current engine). I’m not sure that GH decorations should be prioritized over any of the 100s of other things the community wants tweaked|fixed|overhauled.

Those caps are performance driven based upon extremely low estimates for performance. In fact, the basic maps in the game are nearly twice as object dense per meter, they load those objects in nearly an identical manner, and for the most part have much longer view distances for said objects.

It’s not a matter of possibility. It’s a matter of idiot-proofing the system so people who already struggle to run the game don’t run in to an object loading quagmire.

Those caps exist in private player owned spaces. If everyone in my guild can literally run twice the decoration cap because nobody’s playing on a laptop, it doesn’t have performance impacts for other people. It should be up to the owners of those private spaces to find appropriate client performance targets for object density, as it is in nearly every other game with a similar decoration system. The caps need only exist where it’s an actual server side database load issue.

If your guild scribes makes the guild hall unworkable for you and refuse to alter it to accomodate you, that’s a guild issue, not a systemic issue. The current system is like forcing everyone to run at 1024×768 with all graphical settings on low just because some players can only run the game at those settings.

Increase the caps, allow the “remove all decorations” button to function from outside the hall, and let players determine performance targets for the clients of the people that visit them.

As it is not the caps aren’t logically restrictive, they’re overly restrictive compared to every other decoration system on the market, and even the density of the same dynamically populated objects in the base game.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They have never provided refunds (with a tiny number of exceptions for when there was a specific price error on their part).

I heard they gave refunds when they changed the price of commander tags.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2e9p1t/about_the_commander_tags_and_refund_from_support/

AzureSky.3175

I guess my cost so far are between 15-20 legendaries in decoations.

I would just accept it and move on! Of course I’d feel like “kitten, I would’ve just waited crafting this stuff had I known beforehand that they’d reduce the costs!”, but in no way would I ever feel that I deserve to be compensated!
I crafted stuff for thousands of gold because it was worth it to me.

Anyway, it seems like some sort of compensation is on its way, and I think that’s a really nice and good move of ANet!
But if you feel like you were entitled to be compensated – you’re clearly wrong.

Nuggi.7861

But if you feel like you were entitled to be compensated – you’re clearly wrong.

Yea, shame on me! shame on me for even asking this. How dare I.

The first statement of this was made not long ago (in February), so it’s not something we have known from the day of HoT’s release. In February we were told that they would be looking into it.
The next real official statement were a few weeks back where they told us to hold back any kind of sciribing, and that we should wait for an upcoming update.

Any other kind of little rumors or threads in this forum (that have not been on any official site) I haven’t seen.
I stay away from forums in general. Nothing like a forum and peoples opinions that can get you whined up ;-)

For the compensation someone linked from data-mining, it just looks like guildupgrades and not for scribe/decoations.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

….

If I spend money on the game it’s because I want what I bought today. The mindset of being uncomfortable with a purchase in hindsight is really bizarre to me.

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Scribe leveling costs was not even lowered “that much” due to altering of the scribe recipes. The reduction in resonating slivers needed is the biggest change for scribe leveling costs but with the prices for them as low as they are now it does not even matter that much (though agreed, the reason the price got so low is in part due to the massive reduction you now need to level up).

Currently using my old guide which mainly uses WvW unlocks, it costs you 400(order)-500(direct buy) gold to max out scribing. This assumes you need to buy everything including all the badges of tribute. (I’ll try to work it out nicely and ask Dulfy to update my guide with the new info but this might take some time.)

Still 3 times less then i paid to level up (and make the guide) but it was already getting cheaper the last months due to price changes.

If you really work in the decorations in the guide through all the steps OR have some things already in the guild that you could use to upgrade, you can (perhaps) even lower this further. This guide assumes you have nothing in your guild that you can use and does not use any boss spoils and or festival decorations, as those can not always be obtained or obtained in a fast reliable way.

The main thing that was changed now that you can opt to level up through crafting decorations instead of only WvW stuff for nearly the same costs/slightly more, while it used to be more than triple or even more than that if you wanted to do that before (remember the first post about the first scribes spending nearly 5K gold to get to max level)

The main change is that decorations got a LOT cheaper from which we can now all benefit. (and yes i’m one of the early scribes who spend a ton of mats and gold on decorations (i remember our over 100 gold wintersday tree…lets not ever start about the ice sculpure….)

I also do not require any mats back for the things we already crafted. we got to enjoy them as well from the start, thats also worth something.

The only thing that would be a nice reward is a special guild decoration and title for scribes who already where max level before the patch. This could also be earned after the patch after you have scribed X decorations (where X is chosen so it corresponds to roughly 1K gold spend on scribing). But well even without that i’m just happy we can now craft new decorations for a lot less gold.

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

So if we we are going to think this way let’s do this on opposite side.

What about people who get INSANELY rich on leather cost changes? Should we TAKE back gold that they earned on predicting market changes? No.

It is the same about scribing cost changes. Should we GIVE back gold that they lost on NOT predicting market changes? No.

Of course you cannot predict everything in the game. But that’s how market works. Sometimes you loose sometimes you gain. Just deal with it.

Posted by: ketchup.9540

ketchup.9540

Ok, so the cost of scribing is nerfed 90% because people find it too expensive.
So let’s nerf legendary weapons 90% because people also find this way too expensive.

I just find it sad for the people that spent 1000’s of 1000’s of gold on scibing, and they get nothing in return.

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

I think there should be some kind of compensation for this. I mean, by the same logic as “suit yourself”, the same then applies to leveling? I mean, leveling was boosted by x% since the path so it wouldn’t have been worth to spend all that time leveling until now… maybe a bit vague but you get the idea. This is not a market change or anything but a hard change in a system that apparently the devs was unhappy with.

Yes, there was rumors like a year ago but people cannot be expected to wait with scribing and making beautiful guild halls based on rumors. There was a notice like a month ago but that’s not really the problem here.

How to fix this? I don’t know but the easiest thing from a developing pov is to either give 50% of the mats used back, OR give double the decorations built pre-patch to all guilds. This way, the guilds that spent a lot get a lot back and those who didn’t spent much gets less, fair and square. More suggestions are welcome too of course. I think this would be a nice thing to be brought to attention, besides this the patch was amazing!

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Why is there always this one guy who wants stuff refunded when something changes in an MMO? Seriously, things change, the alternative would be to let it stay as it was.

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

Why is there always this one guy who wants stuff refunded when something changes in an MMO? Seriously, things change, the alternative would be to let it stay as it was.

What’s the point in being so narrowminded. See the options of repair instead of just giving up (the alternative would be to let it stay as it was).

Look, to put things for comparison. Let’s talk HoT legendaries. I guess we can agree it’s easier to do now, meaning in theory it would’ve been better to wait until now to make them. BUT, that’s not the same thing is it? (answering the “when something changes in an MMO” part) We talk about a person here (and probably many, many more) who spent hardcash to support the company to upgrade their guild halls, and then comes the nerf. We’re not talking about 20% less but 90%!! It’s almost humiliating. Not saying the nerf was not good, it was as the devs said, the whole idea for the guild hall was probably very nice in theory but when it actually came it perhaps wasn’t so good. The problem here is the way it’s made. 90%, bam! nothing more. Doing any kind of compensation for this is very simple, just something. It would show a lot.

Also, as a side note to people who find this hilarious etc, what do you loose from them compensating for this? Nothing. So why cry? ^^ Try to see this from the point of view of those who didn’t want to wait one year based on a rumor to get awesome Guild Halls.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The cost of scribing in gold is not a constant. People donated to their guild specified scribes. People did wvw only people did decorations only. There’s likely people who switched guilds, left guilds, joined guilds. There’s many scribes who did scribing for multiple guilds as well.

There’s so many different scenarios which a specific refund would not cover all. They would basically favor certain people while not “refunding” others.

However, some sort of “present” for every guild regarding scribing would be nice. But then we wouldn’t be talking about a refund or compensation anymore.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think we should all just consider the free shared inventory slot the compensation, and have done with this. ArenaNet can’t compensate anyone since it’d take up too much time figuring out who donated what to whom, for how much, and the fact that most money that went onto materials went to other, unknown players via the Trading Post.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Just no to compensation for this stuff. Things change, prices change. If they compensate for this then they should compensate for all sorts of other stuff and suddenly we are playing Compensation Wars, and the devs become reluctant to change anything because of all the “virtual paperwork” it will cause.

Those pixels are not real and are subject to change (and are, actually, worthless…).

CrashTestAuto.9108

Just no to compensation for this stuff. Things change, prices change. If they compensate for this then they should compensate for all sorts of other stuff and suddenly we are playing Compensation Wars, and the devs become reluctant to change anything because of all the “virtual paperwork” it will cause.

Those pixels are not real and are subject to change (and are, actually, worthless…).

They do compensate for things like this. See: Commander Tags and Twice Told Legend.

This isn’t some everyday change that doesn’t make a huge difference. They changed the cost of scribing in terms of hundreds or thousands of gold.

Again, I think doubling (actually for higher tier stuff tripling) the decorations made before the patch would be fair. It isn’t a perfect solution, but it’s one that is simple and covers a significant number of people.

Otherwise, give titles or something for each achievement tier of scribing unlocked before the patch. But that rewards individuals when it’s really a guild thing.

Nuggi.7861

Yeah I think that most people don’t realize how insane everything were in price, so it’s hard to imagine how much we are talking about when you have a loaded guildhall.
I picked a few things, to see the difference from before and after Tuesday:

Gold Vale Guardian: new price 96 gold (old: 2100 gold) = 95% off
Ascalon Tree: new price 7 gold (old: 250 gold) = 97% off
Palm Tree: new price 8 gold (old: 125 gold) = 93% off
Red Throw Pillow: new price 5 gold (old: 55 gold) = 90 % off
Hedge: new price 22 gold (old: 500 gold) = 95% off
Illuminated Fountain: new price 16 gold (old: 300+ gold) = 94%+ off
Immense Lion Statue: new price 12 gold (old 200+ gold) = 94%+ off
Lattice Arbor: new price 19 gold (old 700+ gold) = 97%+ off

And the list could continue.. In overall we are talking 95% off from most scribe-cost/decorations.
Twice Told Legend, 10 old commander tags etc, are just peanuts compared to this.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They do compensate for things like this. See: Commander Tags and Twice Told Legend.

The changes made duplicate tags completely worthless and duplicate legendaries rather pointless in most cases. Neither one got any easier to obtain from the outset. Tags are 3x the price they were before the change.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

CrashTestAuto.9108

The changes made duplicate tags completely worthless and duplicate legendaries rather pointless in most cases. Neither one got any easier to obtain from the outset. Tags are 3x the price they were before the change.

Look at Nuggi’s post above yours. We are talking about a loss of gold much bigger than with commander tags, and in some cases more than legendaries.

I can understand people objecting to compensation (sort of, I actually have no idea why people are so invested in not letting other players get something), but I do think the amount of gold that has been taken off scribing has heavily been played down.