Condition request

Condition request

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Whenever im in a lower level or core zone, i sometimes get conditions combined with cripple. Since its the core maps, the condis dont do much damage, but the cripple is an annoyance. Whenever i use a condi cleanse, the game tends to remove the first condis on the list, which in this case is a condi im not suffering from.

So my request/suggestion is for more intelligent condi cleansing. Say, if your health is above 50% prioritize movement restricting conditions over damaging conditions.
So, chill > cripple > bleed/poison.

Unless of course you have more than 3 ticks of one condition or your health is below 50%. This is just a QoL combat change.

Condition request

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Pls don’t change stuff.

Now it is so it will remove the most damaging condition. Remember you asked for this when you get hit in lvl 98 fractals and get 15 stacks of bleeds and cripple… or in ascalon you get 20+ stacks of poison at the queen and you remove your immo…
or knocked down and crippled while 40 stacks of bleed spawn upon you through gravelings. (just basic AC , not going into other dungeons or more nasty environments (RAIDS?))

A lot of classes have options to remove movement impeding modifiers other then cleanses (warrior warhorn as a nice aoe example.)

It would be a QoL change to the life of armor repair dudes and most likely: wear out anvils.

Or you could just get a nice minstrel ele for WvW and misuse him/her to farm berries. You will outheal 6-12 enemies without problems, you cannot kill ‘m, but you’ll live.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Condition request

Posted by: Zilong.1407

Zilong.1407

I’d say the problem is more that enemies in pve are able to spam the crippled condition (and most other conditions really) far too readily. The cleansing system, as mentioned already, works fine as is.

Condition request

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Changing more skills to also remove movement impending condis could work, or reducing the amount of mobs in PvE that apply movement impairing conditions and instead give them damaging conditions. its less annoying on players (since you won’t be crippled so much), and also makes core Tyria just a bit harder without really changing anything since its the same amount of condis that have always been applied.

In my mind that makes it a win for everyone.

Edit – To add to this topic, I find this more aggravating in the 2 new zones than in core tyria. In Ember Bay, it feels like every destroyer applies at least 1 condition with every attack (with the crabs applying 1/4 sec of immobilize with every other attack on top of the burning). This makes it no fun to me. No amount of cleanses can keep up with that for very long since new condis are applied every attack. Its just boring and I hope that this trend does not continue

(edited by OriOri.8724)

Condition request

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Changing more skills to also remove movement impending condis could work, or reducing the amount of mobs in PvE that apply movement impairing conditions and instead give them damaging conditions. its less annoying on players (since you won’t be crippled so much), and also makes core Tyria just a bit harder without really changing anything since its the same amount of condis that have always been applied.

Edit – To add to this topic, I find this more aggravating in the 2 new zones than in core tyria. In Ember Bay, it feels like every destroyer applies at least 1 condition with every attack (with the crabs applying 1/4 sec of immobilize with every other attack on top of the burning). This makes it no fun to me. No amount of cleanses can keep up with that for very long since new condis are applied every attack. Its just boring and I hope that this trend does not continue

Pretty sure no one would miss cripple

Condition request

OriOri.8724

I didn’t say they would?

Condition request

CMM.6712

I didn’t say they would?

Easy there, I was agreeing with your post, especially the lack of being crippled part

Condition request

OriOri.8724

Ahh, I wasn’t sure if you were agreeing with me or misunderstood what I wrote.

Condition request

CMM.6712

Ahh, I wasn’t sure if you were agreeing with me or misunderstood what I wrote.

No worries. To me, being crippled or chilled is one of the worst things that can happen in GW2! LOL

Condition request

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Or that chill in Bitterfrost. Extra 40% skill cooldown on those condi clears