Confessions of a Magic Find Leech

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

That’s the exact reason they should not give an inspect feature. The people who want to play their way will not be allowed because the control freaks will run all the groups.

I don’t like when a group starts crap like “level 80’s only” in their lfg, but in a popular game as much as this is to be loath… there will ALWAYS be another group that won’t be asking for level 80’s only. With some luck the changes to the LFG feature will help to create groups faster and more reliably for all content. It then is no wild stretch of the imagination to say they couldn’t add filtering options to said content, one of which
could easily be a “no MF gear” filter so you’re added with folks who aren’t using it. Likewise for every player that hates and wants to avoid MF there will be plenty using it and thus you’ll simply (and without friction or embarrassment) be able to join one that allows it, no mess, no fuss and no problem right?

What I’m worried about is if this will become a typical WOW “MS>OS need before greed” argument, the likes of which I saw first hand when I suggested something similar for their LFG system, there would be no real reason to hate on a filtering system or alternate loot rules queue, aside from the vapid “queues would be longer” and this led me quickly to a conclusion that it was just players who got their jollies from annoying other players over loot that opposed it, at least I did when no one would answer me with a rational reason why the suggestion was bad.

If said suggestion would lead to a general “MF not allowed” environment, well then maybe the stat in itself just isn’t popular enough to warrant it existing, and it should be replaced in favor of OVERALL loot increases. Why would anyone oppose that though? everyone gets more? you get more stats, everyone gets more loot? you’re not in competition with other players for loot as it’s all personal in this game anyways, so why is it SO important that you receive more rewards over others?

The same argument can be used on DPS. Why is it so important you try to out-DPS the rest of the group?

Performing more outward damage in the very least offers up faster dying swarms of enemies and can far more rationally be argued as important, and thus is a far more necessary evil than you getting more loot at the cost of stats that affects the ease of encounters. But I’m not stating that in a game with no mana costs or an abundance of enrage timers that DPS is all that important, so don’t misunderstand.
What I am stating is simply that DPS>MF in terms of input into a group
And arguing “cos skill” is quite simply an odd thing to attempt as skill is not something quantifiable and is just a random variable as opposed to the static effects of MF and STR or VIT etc?

So this line of argument is after all kind of an apples and oranges set of differing issues anyways, It doesn’t MATTER if you out-dps everyone else or not, what matters is that you’re bringing a stat that in no way aids a group encounter, into group content and in doing so are offering less. Many have been stating simply it’s not an issue in solo content, that’s a given. But no one can really blame players for feeling a bit miffed when you stroll into a group venture defiantly in MF gear sporting a “bite me” attitude and then argue that it’s the same as DPS. You also avoided the question by asking another question and deflecting, so I’ll ask again, why is it so important that you walk away from group content with higher rewards than everyone else at the cost of a more “contributory” stat?

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

That entire formula is missing not only the player skill, but player uptime. That’s assuming both players are playing at optimum skill, and shows you’re grasping at straws saying that in “all premium conditions, this is what will happen”. I’m not gonna argue that, because you’re right.

However!

The real world is not all premium conditions. As a full-set MF user (bite me) I can safely say I’ve out-DPS’d half to two thirds of the people I pug fractals with, as well as I am consistently the last to die in unplanned wipes, and I frequently wind up tanking as a Mesmer (again, in full MF gear) because people don’t know how to fractals. Not only can I tank and survive, we down the target.

So what if ‘you’ do less DPS? It’s not like you’re doing NO DPS. If you want premium everything, run with friends. You can’t control what other people do, so don’t try to. QQing to ANet about it is an attempt at controlling, by the way.

tl;dr:
You’re ignoring skill to make yourself look better. Stahp ;~;

no skill is not part of any dps comparison formula, since we talking about the individual player, YOUR skill doesn’t change whether YOU run in beserkers or mf gear, YOUR dps does however decrease if you run the mf ones (apparently you survive fine so berserkers would make more sense as alternative to you), which means in turn that mobs dies slower if YOU run mf, maybe leading to that some of the OTHER plates that you live longer than might not have died in the long run, which then means you helped the TEAM do the run FASTER and will LESS casualties

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

no skill is not part of any dps comparison formula, since we talking about the individual player, YOUR skill doesn’t change whether YOU run in beserkers or mf gear, YOUR dps does however decrease if you run the mf ones (apparently you survive fine so berserkers would make more sense as alternative to you), which means in turn that mobs dies slower if YOU run mf, maybe leading to that some of the OTHER plates that you live longer than might not have died in the long run, which then means you helped the TEAM do the run FASTER and will LESS casualties

So, basically, what you are saying is…s/he is not carrying others enough and should do even more. And that’s…selfish?!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

why is it so important that you walk away from group content with higher rewards than everyone else at the cost of a more “contributory” stat?

you asked to another person but i’ll give you my answer:
in the group content you have the chance to drop better loot than in open pve, this game is highly unrewarding sometimes, i played both styles and since i use some magic find i eventually ended up having some money, while before i couldn’t have more than 5g in my pocket forever.
we all want to buy things and gain rewards, and call me selfish but at least i will never kick a person from a party because it’s slowing me down or is the first time doing a dungeon, while dungeon rusher are always ready to complain about something, if not magic find it’s because you are not good at avoid fire ball in citadel of flame, or because you are not dps, or because you are not exotic, or because they simply can’t enjoy a game…
is this attitude considered selfless now?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

I actually did this over a month ago and have known the differences between the three sets for green and exotic rarities.

Between green armor (without runes) and accessories, the difference between berserker and explorer is 200 power and 24% critical damage. You do a little more damage but you receive the same amount of damage. If you’re willing to give up the 18% MF from explorers but still use MF accessories, the difference is then 129 power and 29% critical damage.

Between green armor (without runes) and accessories, the difference between knight and explorer is 605 toughness. You take a little less damage but you do the same damage. If you’re willing to give up the 18% MF from explorers but still use MF accessories, the difference is then 350 toughness.

Criticizing explorers because you take more damage is irrelevant since you’ll take the same damage with berserkers. Criticizing explorers because you’ll deal less damage is irrelevant since you deal the same damage as knights. You can’t compare exotic berserkers/knights to green explorers since a lot of people run dungeons in greens making the stat difference irrelevant unless you want to say people without exotics are being selfish too.

The only thing that you can argue is that it does neither and then it’s up to how much of a difference in damage dealt and mitigated. That’s up for someone else to figure out. I never cared for either side but was just shocked that people would blindly argue without even doing any research but instead basing their opinions on assumptions.

And you still havn’t disproved anything we’ve said,

Ill say it again

MF stat on armor / weapons doesn’t do anything for gameplay, doesnt help you or your allies in combat.

Beserkers ISNT SELFISH because DOING DAMAGE HELPS YOUR TEAM people can run besekers and still not die ( depending on their class and how good they are ) Also you can wear zurkers armor and still stack vit toughness (if you need to) through runes/orbs/trinkets/jewlery/traits not to mention people like thieves can go glass and still have survivability.

Magic find doesn’t help you do anything, it only effects drops which is a non combat mechanic.

Armor stats should have stats that reflect combat mechanics or gameplay mechanics, if its somthing that effects non combat it should come in the forum of a boon consumable only imo.

Getting rid of weapon/armor stat magic find would be a nice big innovation on arena nets part,

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

That entire formula is missing not only the player skill, but player uptime. That’s assuming both players are playing at optimum skill, and shows you’re grasping at straws saying that in “all premium conditions, this is what will happen”. I’m not gonna argue that, because you’re right.

You are right, a bad MF player will be EVEN WORSE to a team, given he will also be dead. It’s funny how the only argument pro MFers use is the “I can outdps others”… you might be able to, the majority cannot.

The real world is not all premium conditions. As a full-set MF user (bite me) I can safely say I’ve out-DPS’d half to two thirds of the people I pug fractals with, as well as I am consistently the last to die in unplanned wipes, and I frequently wind up tanking as a Mesmer (again, in full MF gear) because people don’t know how to fractals. Not only can I tank and survive, we down the target.

Care to show us how you “measured” that you out-DPS’d half to two thirds of the people you run Fractals with? Last I checked there was no DPS meter (and that’s good), there is no way to judge it and you know it. Also, how did you know the others weren’t also MF users? I bet you can’t say that either. Also, maybe you die last because you are hiding behind everyone else and your low dps doesn’t draw enough aggro? Haven’t thought of that either?

We fought identical enemies, such as the novices in cliffside or the asiansquid in the 4th and timed who could down them faster. And I can only take their word for it when they linked their gear, as they could only take mine.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Also, maybe you die last because you are hiding behind everyone else and your low dps doesn’t draw enough aggro?

Also, maybe you should figure out how aggro works in this game before acting all smart and judgemental.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

You are right, a bad MF player will be EVEN WORSE to a team, given he will also be dead. It’s funny how the only argument pro MFers use is the “I can outdps others”… you might be able to, the majority cannot.

Care to show us how you “measured” that you out-DPS’d half to two thirds of the people you run Fractals with? Last I checked there was no DPS meter (and that’s good), there is no way to judge it and you know it. Also, how did you know the others weren’t also MF users? I bet you can’t say that either. Also, maybe you die last because you are hiding behind everyone else and your low dps doesn’t draw enough aggro? Haven’t thought of that either?

We fought identical enemies, such as the novices in cliffside or the asiansquid in the 4th and timed who could down them faster. And I can only take their word for it when they linked their gear, as they could only take mine.

doesnt matter. the fact is that important stat in your armor like +Toughness or +Critical Damage is replaced by the useless MF.

Posted by: DeTechTive.9251

DeTechTive.9251

This thread is out of control, I now direct you all to have a gander at my suggested change to how this all works over here —> https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Magic-Find-Solution-for-both-sides

A good middle ground for everybody involved. Give it a look. Voice your opinions. Thanks.

Sawnic.6795

doesnt matter. the fact is that important stat in your armor like +Toughness or +Critical Damage is replaced by the useless MF.

If my experiment doesn’t matter, then neither do the stats presented earlier.

alcopaul.2156

you missed that he might be traited for survival than damage? the important thing is that if he is NOT wearing MF gear, he’s NOT missing the important stats (like +Toughness or +Critical dmg) however weirdly he is traited.

Sawnic.6795

you missed that he might be traited for survival than damage? the important thing is that if he is NOT wearing MF gear, he’s NOT missing the important stats (like +Toughness or +Critical dmg) however weirdly he is traited.

That doesn’t matter, or if anything, makes the stats less reliable than my experiment, because the whole argument is how much DPS you lose. Survivability means you sack DPS for escapes or damage reduction that would otherwise go to damage output or loot chance increase. Regardless, the overall argument is less DPS, and survivability = less DPS.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

long story short:

We’ll never agree on this due to stubbornness on both sides.
No one is offering up better solutions and instead focusing on how selfish others are and thus walking into the flawed logical response of

“well telling me not to wear it is selfish too”

The best way of dealing with this is to just try and find ways of ascertaining who is wearing MF gear, and then form groups which are explicitly asked to not do it. And if they scam you, blacklist them and make sure they’re refused from other groups…
NOT for using MF gear alone, but by deliberately being a muppet and using it in a group that doesn’t ask for it instead of finding another group.

As it is though, we’re NEVER going to reach a agreeable conclusion here… there’s too much ignorance going on.

Well, to be honest, it’s selfish to ask people to “stop being selfish” with MF gear so that they can carry on with their own elitist, selfish agendas. I don’t use MF gear, but find it pretty bossy/selfish to tell people what gear they must use.

What you suggest makes sense, though-make groups both for normal players and for the “uber” dungeon speed clearers who have no space for MF gear party members. That way all this nonsensical debates can be neglected for the most part.

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

The pro mf on armor people dont get that removing mf armor and putting mf in other and upping the droprate to comrpomise (just a bit) would only benefit everyone, if no one uses mf and the game is tweaked around only having mf from food / boons then its the same thing as wearing the mf in the first place.

this is why mf on armor is so stupid we feal as we must wear it to get drops but that shouldn’t be the case, if thats the case why dont we just give every armor an mf stat.

alcopaul.2156

That doesn’t matter, or if anything, makes the stats less reliable than my experiment, because the whole argument is how much DPS you lose. Survivability means you sack DPS for escapes or damage reduction that would otherwise go to damage output or loot chance increase. Regardless, the overall argument is less DPS, and survivability = less DPS.

And someone with Full Explorer (Power, Precision, MAGIC FIND)‘s will die a lot coz he is a glass cannon. Dead player = NO DPS. Otherwise if he’s using Knights (Power, Precision, TOUGHNESS), he might do his share of DPS coz of survivability.

if you follow my post, i was comparing Explorers with Berserker (offense) and Knights (defense). Explorers will deny you that +Critical Dmg and +Toughness.

GummiBear.2756

So, basically, what you are saying is…s/he is not carrying others enough and should do even more. And that’s…selfish?!

did you miss the part about doing the run FASTER, wihc means everyone yourself AND the rest of your team can go on do others stuff (or maybe have time for another run) earlier, thus helping everyone, both himself and the others…

Sawnic.6795

And someone with Full Explorer (Power, Precision, MAGIC FIND)‘s will die a lot coz he is a glass cannon. Dead player = NO DPS. Otherwise if he’s using Knights (Power, Precision, TOUGHNESS), he might do his share of DPS coz of survivability.

if you follow my post, i was comparing Explorers with Berserker (offense) and Knights (defense). Explorers will deny you that +Critical Dmg and +Toughness.

They will only die a lot if they suck at mechanics. It really does come down to how good you are at staying a live, not your stats.

-[edit]- Lets do a comparison, since you like those.

If I’m bad at dodging, and I take knights, I’ll have more toughness, but I’ll still likely die because I’m bad at dodging. If I’m not, I’ll take the explorers, and likely not die because I’M NOT TAKING DAMAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Thus, the explorers is just like the knights, only I’m benefiting myself more than I would be with the knights, and benefiting the team just as much.

GummiBear.2756

If I’m bad at dodging, and I take knights, I’ll have more toughness, but I’ll still likely die because I’m bad at dodging. If I’m not, I’ll take the explorers, and likely not die because I’M NOT TAKING DAMAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Thus, the explorers is just like the knights, only I’m benefiting myself more than I would be with the knights, and benefiting the team just as much.

or you could take the beserkers and deal even more damage, and thus helping your team even more

Sawnic.6795

or you could take the beserkers and deal even more damage, and thus helping your team even more

Why would I do that if I want the magic find? If I care about helping the team to the absolute best of my ability I possibly can, I’ll run with guildies/friends, and use the DPS set I hold onto in case my PUG is pathetic.

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Why would I do that if I want the magic find? If I care about helping the team to the absolute best of my ability I possibly can, I’ll run with guildies/friends, and use the DPS set I hold onto in case my PUG is pathetic.

You should care about it because you’re being a selfish leech by gimping yourself with MF instead of taking Berserker’s.
You’re effectively wasting everyone’s time by slowing down the fights by gimping your damage so that you MIGHT get a better drop.

Sawnic.6795

You should care about it because you’re being a selfish leech by gimping yourself with MF instead of taking Berserker’s.
You’re effectively wasting everyone’s time by slowing down the fights by gimping your damage so that you MIGHT get a better drop.

Basically, if you want a perfect timed run, as in, 1 minute less per fractal, for example, go with the guild, not a pug.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Basically, if you want a perfect timed run, as in, 1 minute less per fractal, for example, go with the guild, not a pug.

OR I could demand some common decency from people to stop wasting peoples time with greed. Or, since that won’t work, try to get the ridiculous greed stat out of the game, or make it so you can’t replace useful stats with it.

Sawnic.6795

OR I could demand some common decency from people to stop wasting peoples time with greed. Or, since that won’t work, try to get the ridiculous greed stat out of the game, or make it so you can’t replace useful stats with it.

You can’t control what others do, so run with people who respect your entitlement issues.

-[edit]-

Besides, what I do with my gear really isn’t up to you. You’re not paying my subscription fee n_~

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Gear check, simple

alcopaul.2156

If I’m bad at dodging, and I take knights, I’ll have more toughness, but I’ll still likely die because I’m bad at dodging.

But you will it will take LONGER for you to die if you have +Toughness.

coz you’ll gonna get hit in one way or the other. and thanks to toughness, you still have 25% HP after a spiky damage. if not, since you are wearing explorers, your team mates will waste their precious time reviving you.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Sawnic.6795

If I’m bad at dodging, and I take knights, I’ll have more toughness, but I’ll still likely die because I’m bad at dodging.

As opposed to not dying by dodging…

alcopaul.2156

you’ll gonna get hit in one way or the other. and thanks to toughness, you still have 25% HP after a spiky damage. if not, since you are wearing explorers, your team mates will waste their precious time reviving you.

You can just dodge twice consecutively.

Sawnic.6795

you’ll gonna get hit in one way or the other. and thanks to toughness, you still have 25% HP after a spiky damage. if not, since you are wearing explorers, your team mates will waste their precious time reviving you.

My talents actually disagree with that, as well as I have blurred frenzy and distortion for a 4th and 5th damage avoidance.

-[edit]- Oh, and phase retreat, and blink…

gimmethegepgun.1284

My talents actually disagree with that, as well as I have blurred frenzy and distortion for a 4th and 5th damage avoidance.

Congratulations.
Bring Berserker’s so you kill them faster then.

alcopaul.2156

Can you keep them up indefinitely? if you can then berserker’s is for you then.

Sawnic.6795

Congratulations.
Bring Berserker’s so you kill them faster then.

Can you keep them up indefinitely? if you can then berserker’s is for you then.

I’d rather use the magic find to help me make money.

gimmethegepgun.1284

And that is exactly why you’re being called selfish.

Sawnic.6795

Says the people telling me how I should gear my character to benefit themselves.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Says the people telling me how I should gear my character to benefit themselves.

So suddenly it’s selfish to tell a lazy coworker to do his kitten job?

Sawnic.6795

No, it is. Only, I’m not your co-worker, and this isn’t a job.

I don’t run dungeons to help others. I don’t run them so you can get your tokens at the end, I run them so I can get what I want out of it, and that dictates my gear choices.

gimmethegepgun.1284

I don’t run dungeons to help others. I don’t run them so you can get your tokens at the end, I run them so I can get what I want out of it, and that dictates my gear choices.

I don’t do my job to help others. I don’t do it so you can get your money in the end, I do it so I can get what I want out of it, and if I get paid despite slacking constantly, so be it.

Sawnic.6795

I don’t do my job to help others. I don’t do it so you can get your money in the end, I do it so I can get what I want out of it, and if I get paid despite slacking constantly, so be it.

I’m glad you understand how the workforce operates.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Yes. If this person were there, they’d get fired, for being a selfish leech instead of doing their job.
Kind of like MF users.
Now, if a system in a workplace existed where this selfish leech could operate without anyone actually being able to tell that they were, this system would get fixed, no?

Sawnic.6795

Yes. If this person were there, they’d get fired, for being a selfish leech instead of doing their job.
Kind of like MF users.
Now, if a system in a workplace existed where this selfish leech could operate without anyone actually being able to tell that they were, this system would get fixed, no?

In any position that actually pays worth anything, the boss would keep an eye on the lazy one. As long as he gets his work done in the end, so what if he slacks? He’s meeting deadlines with quality work.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Kind of like MF users.

In any position that actually pays worth anything, the boss would keep an eye on the lazy one. As long as he gets his work done in the end, so what if he slacks? He’s meeting deadlines with quality work.

So we’re back to the demonstrably false claim that you accomplish just as much with Explorer’s on as Berserker’s.
Plus, the lazy worker that needs to have an eye kept on them wouldn’t get a raise and a promotion, they’d be stuck where they are due to lack of motivation. But MF users not only do less they get paid more.

Sawnic.6795

Kind of like MF users.

So we’re back to the demonstrably false claim that you accomplish just as much with Explorer’s on as Berserker’s.
Plus, the lazy worker that needs to have an eye kept on them wouldn’t get a raise and a promotion, they’d be stuck where they are due to lack of motivation. But MF users not only do less they get paid more.

Just because you want it to be doesn’t mean it is a false claim.

Anyway, I’m not going to be trolled into your point of view, and I will leave this at “It’s my character, and when you start paying me to go on your runs I will gear the way you want me to. After all, if it is a job, I should be paid by the boss to do what he wants, right?”

gimmethegepgun.1284

Just because you want to ignore very blatant math showing that Berserker’s WILL do more damage than Explorer’s in the same circumstances doesn’t mean that it makes no difference.
35% crit gets a 14% damage increase from the crit damage alone, with higher crit chances getting more from it. Plus, Power directly means MORE DAMAGE.

Math demonstrates your claim is false.

After all, if it is a job, I should be paid by the boss to do what he wants, right?"

Actually the boss in this would be the dungeon, which in this case is stupidly paying someone MORE for doing LESS. Which is exactly what is trying to be fixed here.

Sawnic.6795

Just because you want to ignore very blatant math showing that Berserker’s WILL do more damage than Explorer’s in the same circumstances doesn’t mean that it makes no difference.
35% crit gets a 14% damage increase from the crit damage alone, with higher crit chances getting more from it. Plus, Power directly means MORE DAMAGE.

I also pointed out that the aformentioned math is assuming the best situations are present and that both players are at optimal skill. Great theory, on paper. So is communism. Just sayin’ n_~

After all, if it is a job, I should be paid by the boss to do what he wants, right?"

Actually the boss in this would be the dungeon, which in this case is stupidly paying someone MORE for doing LESS. Which is exactly what is trying to be fixed here.

Naah. The boss is the party leader. He’s the one who decides what. The dungeon is just the workplace.

Posted by: Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

if your that bad at this game that one person wearing mf gear makes you fail a dungeon than maybe you should be playing hello kitty online adventures or something similar that is in your ability level.

gimmethegepgun.1284

I also pointed out that the aformentioned math is assuming the best situations are present and that both players are at optimal skill. Great theory, on paper. So is communism. Just sayin’ n_~

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that changes that. NO MATTER WHAT the situation is, you will do less damage than you would if you were in Berserker’s.
Name ANY situation where this is not true that doesn’t involve condition damage (in which case your MF is really butchering your damage since it has 0 cond)

Naah. The boss is the party leader. He’s the one who decides what. The dungeon is just the workplace.

The party leader isn’t the one that pays the group, the dungeon is. As the boss pays the workers, the dungeon is then the boss.
And it is still paying you more for doing less.

Sawnic.6795

if your that bad at this game that one person wearing mf gear makes you fail a dungeon than maybe you should be playing hello kitty online adventures or something similar that is in your ability level.

Trust me, I brought that point up. They ignored it and tried to browbeat their opinion around.

Sawnic.6795

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that changes that. NO MATTER WHAT the situation is, you will do less damage than you would if you were in Berserker’s.
Name ANY situation where this is not true that doesn’t involve condition damage (in which case your MF is really butchering your damage since it has 0 cond)

Nothing changes right? I’ll be sure to just stand afk and tell the team nothing changed and I’m doing great DPS because I’m in a Berserker’s set, or explain to them I did not crit a single time, explaining the lower DPS than the naked trolling elementalist. But since nothing changed, I’m allowed to be in the party.

The party leader isn’t the one that pays the group, the dungeon is. As the boss pays the workers, the dungeon is then the boss.

Nope. The party leader is the one who decides who goes on the run, thus he is the boss. The dungeon is the work. We work in the dungeon to clear it out. Similar to how the people at UPS choose who works for them, then they choose which boxes get delivered where and how quickly the move within the building. The building and it’s contents aren’t the boss, the guy who hired the workers is.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Nothing changes right? I’ll be sure to just stand afk and tell the team nothing changed and I’m doing great DPS because I’m in a Berserker’s set, or explain to them I did not crit a single time, explaining the lower DPS than the naked trolling elementalist. But since nothing changed, I’m allowed to be in the party.

So your point is that the absolute only circumstance where you aren’t doing less with Explorer’s than Berserker’s is when you are doing literally 0 damage.
Good to know we’ve finally agreed.

Nope. The party leader is the one who decides who goes on the run, thus he is the boss. The dungeon is the work. We work in the dungeon to clear it out. Similar to how the people at UPS choose who works for them, then they choose which boxes get delivered where and how quickly the move within the building. The building and it’s contents aren’t the boss, the guy who hired the workers is.

The person that hired you isn’t the boss, they’re the one that hired you. Your boss is your boss, and they not only pay you but they have the power to enforce things they tell you to do. And a party leader does neither.
Seeing as the party leader does neither of those, they are not analogous to the boss, they’re just another coworker. Who is well within his rights to tell you to stop kittening off and do your job instead of forcing all of them to do it for you. And when you inevitably don’t, go to the boss, or higher, to deal with the problem.
Like, say, trying to get ANet to stop letting people leech with MF and get either get rid of it on equipment or share it.

Sawnic.6795

So your point is that the absolute only circumstance where you aren’t doing less with Explorer’s than Berserker’s is when you are doing literally 0 damage.
Good to know we’ve finally agreed.

The person that hired you isn’t the boss, they’re the one that hired you. Your boss is your boss, and they not only pay you but they have the power to enforce things they tell you to do. And a party leader does neither.
Seeing as the party leader does neither of those, they are not analogous to the boss, they’re just another coworker. Who is well within his rights to tell you to stop kittening off and do your job instead of forcing all of them to do it for you. And when you inevitably don’t, go to the boss, or higher, to deal with the problem.
Like, say, trying to get ANet to stop letting people leech with MF and get either get rid of it on equipment or share it.

Not only did you ignore half of my argument for the first quote in your post, you’re trying to shift the point of interest of the boss off the person deciding who goes on the run to the dungeon, which shows you’re grasping at straws.

As I said earlier, I will not be trolled into your opinion, and I will not be posting back. Until I am paid, BY THE PARTY LEADER, to not put on MF gear, I will be wearing it until I decide to take it off.

gimmethegepgun.1284

Not only did you ignore half of my argument for the first quote in your post, you’re trying to shift the point of interest of the boss off the person deciding who goes on the run to the dungeon, which shows you’re grasping at straws.

As I said earlier, I will not be trolled into your opinion, and I will not be posting back. Until I am paid, BY THE PARTY LEADER, to not put on MF gear, I will be wearing it until I decide to take it off.

And what exactly did I ignore, other than your unwillingness to realize that math proves Berserker’s is better in combat than Explorer’s?
And you, by the way, completely missed the point of the metaphor, which is that compared to a workplace it’s completely backwards, in that someone is explicitly getting paid more BECAUSE they do less work.

(edited by gimmethegepgun.1284)