Contest:Random Acts Of Kindness-100g Prizes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Hi

In keeping with the time of year it’s time to spread some good news to all men and all that With that in mind my guild, DVDF think it’s time to celebrate and remember those people who have done some amazing and noteworthy things for others in GW2.

We have 4 prizes to give away, first prize of 50g, second of 25 and two of 12.5g each.

All you need to do is nominate someone else and tell us (in this thread) what acts of kindness they performed that are particularly noteworthy and should be rewarded.

Since the events forum is a little out of the way, I thought it might be nice to give it a little more exposure

Please see https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Random-Acts-Of-Kindness-100g-of-prizes/first#post3367271
for more info

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

What a great idea! Helpful players deserve it.

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Weekend bump to raise awareness

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I wish I would remember I guy I randomly met at the Lions Arch jumping puzzle. I was not even asking for anything, but he took me for a ride and carried me through the whole puzzle (inclusive the gamma adjustments gpu settings tip at the dark room). At the end of the puzzle, I actually though he will try and recruit me (I am guildless) but nope, just a nice guy with the intention to help. Too bad I dont recall him. gg.

banished from time and space

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I nominate Shanaeri Rynale.6897 because he/she is going to give me 100g right now

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I nominate Shanaeri Rynale.6897 because he/she is going to give me 100g right now

Nice try :p Alas I’m exempt from the contest

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

There was this one guy, haviz.1340 (long time ago).

Basically I needed Arah tokens really bad because I needed leggings to finish my mix&match-armorset. I joined one group (I think it was like “warr/guard only” or something) on my Warrior. I hadn’t done it before and looked up some guides before going in, I even told them I was new and it was ok.
Unfortunately I didn’t prepare enough (hadn’t done much dungeons back then) and did really bad (was also lagging a bit). I didn’t know what to look for and it was really hard when they all just suddenly started running through the enemies. That haviz guy was also on the team and he gave me helpful tips all the time. I did what I could to learn and we were able to proceed (Lupicus was a real pain).
Then after this Alphard dude two of them suddenly stopped and told me how I suck and how they just carried me through the dungeon (sure, they were right but why not bring this up earlier if it’s a problem?). They asked me to give them 2g each or they kick me (they said I get end reward anyway and it’s to cover their wasted time). I was genuinely shocked and had no idea what to do (didn’t really have money back then). I had done my best and tried and now I just get booted?
Suddenly haviz whispers me and tells me to kick one of them. I was really confused at that point and just did what he told. Few seconds later I see loading screen and I’m out of the dungeon. I asked haviz what happened and he said that we kicked the instance owner and everyone got booted. It was hard for me to understand what he had done. He could have just finished the dungeon but instead he also booted himself wasting his own time.
And even after that, he asked if I wanted to come with him for another run (just think about time/effort he had spent on me). He had some of his friends with him and it went really smooth and I got my leggings.

Ok, this actually wasn’t true but great story though!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I would nominate someone who used to be really nice, always helping others, but he stopped playing the game a while ago sadly.

I’ll nominate another friend of mine. He one time gave me 10 gold for crafting up because I was soooo bored of leveling. Other times he helped me on with a chat and a joke. I know he’s going for a legendary at the moment, so I guess he can use some help himself now: I nominate Tolluf.9508.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What stops people from fabricating some story, then split the price?

Those who hep others should do so without asking anything in return, and without expecting any rewards.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I nominate Nike Porphyrogenita.8137, he gave me 13g and helped me finish my moot. After I had gone so far already he gave what little he had himself to help me. Thanks man.

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i nominate Null Roar.9823. I asked in map chat for some t6 mat donations and i received 150-200 of each t6 material minus ancient bones. that’s a lot of money. i finished my quip that day. i was only really able to repay him 6 charged lodestones.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I’m not gonna nominated anyone but I just wanna share that I’ve gave 10g to a new player the other day. I was doing my daily in wayfarer foothills and this new player starts to follow me around so I decide to help her on quest and killing champions. And gave her her 10g just because I know how hard it is when I was new.

vvuevv

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I nominate Big Bubba A Killer of BG.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I’m not gonna nominated anyone but I just wanna share that I’ve gave 10g to a new player the other day. I was doing my daily in wayfarer foothills and this new player starts to follow me around so I decide to help her on quest and killing champions. And gave her her 10g just because I know how hard it is when I was new.

Sounds like you just nominated yourself haha

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Sounds like you just nominated yourself haha

It may sound like it but I was just sharing my kindness of the day…

vvuevv

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’m nominating more than just one player. For one, my vote goes to haviz.1340 and Wethospu.6437, for making me have such a long great time in gw2, helping me to improve and giving tips.In my opinion, that’s worth more than any single good deed could be.

Second, I nominate Velotaxe (ingame and account name, I do not remember the .xxxx) for sponsoring me a dusk and crafting me sunrise, as I have been making eternity.

Since all of us quit the game now, I’m not sure if this is still a valid nomination. Haviz and I still log on from time to time (almost daily), though.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I nominate obal.3218 for all his guides about being a better guardian and explaining how to play it better in general and in every single dungeon.

I nominate Wethospu.6437 for gw2dungeons.net.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I denominate myself. I don’t play the game so I don’t need the gold. Though I guess I could use it to pay someone to update new fractals levels.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Just a short bump to say winners have been selected(it was harder than we thought) and prizes sent out

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Random-Acts-Of-Kindness-100g-of-prizes/first#post3462747

Congratulations to all those who were nominated and a big thanks to those who took the time to nominate them. It’s these sort of selfless acts that really makes the game and the community such a great place to be.

Thanks again

Shan