Corgi Mount Vote?

Corgi Mount Vote?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Oh lord, no. Bouncing bunnies are pushing it as it is.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

No joke mounts please.

Gliders got several joke gliders like the SAB cloud, so its my fear that joke mounts re quite on the table
I’ve voted to kick people from raids who refused to disable their cloud glider during Xera
(Feel free to call it petty)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

No to these mounts. As well as SAB rainbow cloud mounts and the like. I also dislike the standard bunny mount.

No one has ever stated in any official manner that Guild Wars 2 is intended to be immersive or lifelike in any way. This is a completely fictional fantasy land we’re talking about, after all, with tiny rodent-like races and dragons and magic and so forth. I can never understand why people keep mistaking GW2 for an immersive simulator game.

Yes, a fictional fantasy world which already existed in the previous game as the number in Guild Wars 2 suggests. Actually they should have sticked to the ‘grown up’ look of Guild Wars instead of adding pink unicorn shooting bows, shiny rainbow staffs, quaggan backpacks, hats and legendary shields, shiny Skritt gathering tools and 8-bit rainbow cloud gliders – which completely destroyed every last bit of immersion that could have remained.

There are things that simply don’t fit into a certain fantasy world. If you play Lord of the Rings online, you probably don’t expect to see neon colored bunnies hopping around – and you surely won’t like it either if you’re a fan of the franchise. The Elder Scrolls Online also stayed away from extremely shiny pink cute pets, mounts and sticked to a more serious style in general – like its related games. Then why did Guild Wars 2 have to be shiny, cute and rainbow-like if the style of the original Guild Wars was completely different?

You can’t just take a franchise and turn it inside out. There’s a target group, a fan base for every type of game. This drastic change in design and style was one of the reasons that scared off Guild Wars players to play GW2. They didn’t expect to see Skritt shinies and COOooooOO quaggans with matching backpacks and hats in their known fantasy world. And no, this time there’s no ‘but it’s been 250 years, the world has changed’ argument.

Obviously the whole cute stuff attracted another group of people which likes these things. But they also lost lots of people who don’t like it. You can’t keep everyone. I just don’t understand why they had to pick Guild Wars in particular and perform this 180° turn. There are plenty of MMORPGs that do have a more colorful and cute style. Guild Wars had its fans with the serious style and it should have stayed like that.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yes! Both me and my partner would spend money on it. Doesn’t matter if it ruins immersion, corgi is love.

If not a mount, I have always asked for a Mini Corgi.

If we got a corgi as a ranger pet I would change my main in an instant ????

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Corgi Mount Vote?

Amaimon.7823

Yes! Both me and my partner would spend money on it. Doesn’t matter if it ruins immersion, corgi is love.

Also if it ruins immersion of the millions of other people? This is toxicity at best, people wanted SAB graphics outside SAB and look what that it, gliders, wvw, its ruined, its cringy, its absolutely deplorable. Corgis, and other cute mounts that you KNOW dont belong will do nothing but make the game lose asthaetic appeal.

Why not buy a corgi in real life and leave the game for what it is.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Emprer.7256

Emprer.7256

Also if it ruins immersion of the millions of other people? This is toxicity at best, people wanted SAB graphics outside SAB and look what that it, gliders, wvw, its ruined, its cringy, its absolutely deplorable. Corgis, and other cute mounts that you KNOW dont belong will do nothing but make the game lose asthaetic appeal.

I don’t see toxicity really.

Corgi Mount Vote?

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have 3 Corgi Bmbroke in real life. I only said I wouldn’t care if it broke immersion for me but I am aware that other may suffer for it, I am just giving my opinion. Gliders, weapons and armor that’s weird does not break immersion for me, it is a part of the world. But having it as a Mini won’t break immersion more that a puppy, kitten, Llama, Monkey King and more.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Let me get this straight:

Giant bunnies are alright but giant Corgis are immersion breaking…?
Giant munchkin kitten FTW!!! Since they are so long, we could even ride them in pairs, adding to the romantic aspect of GW2 many of you asked for

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Corgi Mount Vote?

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Let me get this straight:

Giant bunnies are alright but giant Corgis are immersion breaking…?
Giant munchkin kitten FTW!!! Since they are so long, we could even ride them in pairs, adding to the romantic aspect of GW2 many of you asked for

Yea, I wouldn’t say no to munchkin either

Edit: umm well the fantasy world created by Anet has a Lore but everything that doesn’t go against the lore is there as soon as Anet devs put it in there. If it goes against there lore, well… It’s there anyway, what the devs put in the game is there. I don’t think things that Anet put in the game is immersion breaking, it might sabotage your picture how Tyria is. Tyria is Anets world and they can do what ever they want with it.

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I would like to ride a giant rattlesnake. So I could chase springers across Elona!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Here’s the thing….

Rabbits, hounds, raptors, and manta ray-looking things are already in the game. It’s a natural progression to tame, train, and ride them as mounts. (waiting for the Whale so the whole guild can ride.)

The rabbit, on paper, doesn’t look like a Pikatchu-looking cartoon rabbit, but a large version of one of those jerboa-like things from GW1. Not for me, but I can see it’s inclusion.

To my knowledge, while there are Great Dane and Wolf-looking canines in-game, I have yet to see a Corgi of either Corgi breed (with or without tail.)

I am not against Corgis in general, but I don’t think there’s a place for them here.

Disclaimer: I hate the sparkly, unicorn-and-rainbow cartoon stuff that developers seem to think they must add to a game to keep their population happy. It doesn’t matter the game or developers.

Level 80 Elementalist

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Some leaks of corgi’s jumping ability.

Don’t tell Anet this got out.

ENDLESS 1+

Thanks for 1+ing me.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

I vote yes for corgi, and a Dolyak.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh lord, no. Bouncing bunnies are pushing it as it is.

Unfortunately they did exactly what I was afraid they would do with the rabbit. It looks like someone lit a rocket under it’s butt when you power up its jump.

smdh

Additionally, no thank you on the Corgi. Its cute, but no.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I vote for a pug (or chug), but we’re more likely to get a cat.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Tekey.7946

Edit: umm well the fantasy world created by Anet has a Lore but everything that doesn’t go against the lore is there as soon as Anet devs put it in there. If it goes against there lore, well… It’s there anyway, what the devs put in the game is there. I don’t think things that Anet put in the game is immersion breaking, it might sabotage your picture how Tyria is. Tyria is Anets world and they can do what ever they want with it.

Just because they can theoretically do anything it doesn’t mean that they should do it.

Now if you excuse me, I’ll use my space shuttle that’s powered by 4 giant hamsters to fly to the new Season 4 map called unicorn land where it’s raining candy all day long. Oh Tyria is great isn’t it?

Edit: Funny, they just released a new glider. Take a look at it, riding on a burning fireball/meteor in a sci-fi suit.

Attachments:

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Notorious dog fancier here. /em raises hand

Does not necessarily have to be a corgi, but I’d like to see a canine mount. Still missing my one from Warhammer Online.

Btw, I’m abusing the opportunity to campaign for an [Endless Mystery Canine Tonic], like the [Endless Mystery Cat Tonic]. Artwork should already be there.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Tekey.7946

Does not necessarily have to be a corgi, but I’d like to see a canine mount. Still missing my one from Warhammer Online.

What about the jackal mount?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mounts#The_Jackal

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Quaggan mounts ftw!

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I still say “No” to the idea of a corgi mount. But… may we please have a mini of a skritt kit riding a corgi? It would be wonderfully adorable, and yet still easy to ignore. Perfect compromise.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

No. I’m so sick of all the cutesy creatures and items and equipment.

Attachments:

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

How about adding a rubber ducky as a water mount?

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

If not a mount, I have always asked for a Mini Corgi.

If we got a corgi as a ranger pet I would change my main in an instant ????

Corgi is love. Corgi is life.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

While i think everyone can get a chuckle out of imagining cute and weird mounts, my serious answer would be no.

Regarding mount skins in general, i am against any mounts that heavily deviate crom the original design. Like a raptor mount with 3 more dye channels and a feathered look or a springer mount with antlers or with a few articles of armor/clothing/jewelry attached. But please, no horses, chinese dragons, golems, kangaroos, etc.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Regarding mount skins in general, i am against any mounts that heavily deviate crom the original design. Like a raptor mount with 3 more dye channels and a feathered look or a springer mount with antlers or with a few articles of armor/clothing/jewelry attached. But please, no horses, chinese dragons, golems, kangaroos, etc.

But deep inside your soul you still know that there will be a bunch of totally redesigned mounts, just as we have gliders now. It is just too big pile of money not to dive into. And, heck, the only logical way someone could greenlight that bunny monstrosity was to sell us a better skin for it later for extra $.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I can see a future where I’m surrounded by gaudy mounts, and I’m just sitting there with my basic raptor, facepawing.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Amaimon.7823

But deep inside your soul you still know that there will be a bunch of totally redesigned mounts, just as we have gliders now. It is just too big pile of money not to dive into. And, heck, the only logical way someone could greenlight that bunny monstrosity was to sell us a better skin for it later for extra $.

But there’s absolutely no reason to make the same glider mistake again: gliders that not only look like they dont belong (aka joke gliders), but actual visual impairment.

There are great gliders, designed to look like what makes sense as a race’s equipment.
Then there’s okay gliders, weird you have them, but given recent events, passable.
Then there’s gliders that are obvious jokes, but not entirely impossible, like the latest music-notesheet gliders.
And finally, there’s the dreck that anet scrapped from the bottom of the trashcan, like the SAB gliders (note, theyre not bad gliders, and they’d be awesome inside SAB but they ruin the open world due to the graphical style)

The same goes for mounts.
Most are great designs, i understand the kangarabnit got some frowns, but I believe this is a bit of an australian influence. They fit the setting.
Another great mount idea would be the raptors the Mordrem Cavaliers rode.
Okay mounts would maybe the regular mounts in weird clothings or colors (hey, some people got funky styles)
And again, a drecky, terrible mount would be Aurene or an SAB themed mount.

Simultaneously, dragon-minion mounts would look epic as skritt, but we all know I, and you neither, wont sit down our posterior domains on a burning or freezing, ir potentially miasmic creature that whispers your secrets to the ED.

(im probably gonna get reported for saying Aurene would be a terrible mount)

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

how about a dolyak mount though?

Attachments:

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’d say no because it’s dumb and immersion breaking but then I remember that Anet has abandoned consistency for $$$ and we’re 6 months to a year away from the tiny cars they got in Terra.

Imagine putting in hundreds of man hours to craft an exquisite mount with great detail and lifelike animations only to have it be obscured by the guaranteed SAB rainbow cloud skin for the skimmer.

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Iridium.6385

Iridium.6385

No.

SAB gliders and minis are pushing the line already, but I can’t complain about them because SAB isn’t there the whole year and some people like to carry a little reminder of it with them. It’s understandable at least.

Corgis are cute and all, but this game isn’t a meme. If you want memes you exit the game, open a bunch of websites and look at corgis to your heart’s content.

How about we actually start asking for things that matter. Like build templates…

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

NO, but I want a scorpion or a dragon btw! :p

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Corgi Mount Vote?

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Corgi is cute and wonderful, but only makes sense as an Asura mount. Can you imagine an enormous Charr riding a tiny corgi? I would suggest a racial “beast” skin for the Raptor or Jackal. It can use the same framework/rigging, but different skins per race. For example: Asura ride corgis, but a Norn using the same skin would ride a big wolf, and a Charr could ride a vaguely dog-shaped mechanical scooter.