Crafting "Backpacks"

Crafting "Backpacks"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always support more cosmetic options for players, and if these new backpieces let us choose our own stats as we gain levels (the post did say they would serve as a guide from Novice all the way to Master), then it’s a welcome addition to the options we get from dungeons and the PS.

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

My main gripe 2 years into this game is still the lack of love for people who want nothing to do with crafting in this game. It is so essential to do anything and with each update it gets more and more attention and while yes it sure is not required, there is no equivalent to hunting in the world of tyria which is rather frustrating.

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

If everyone really stops to think about it, aside from event back pieces we’ve never been able to “craft” them at all. The sole exceptions being what, 3 ascended back pieces? All of which are rather pricy, both for the recipe and crafting materials. Every other back piece commonly available in game is either a dungeon drop (only going up to rare) or exotics from the temples in Orr. People being able to make their own without having to do special events is a good idea. As for the skins that go with them, that’s just icing on the cake.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

With the inclusion of the Chinese crafting backpacks, I can only hope that tomorrow they do not announce the Chinese personal story changes.

Welp… Where there is smoke, there is also fire. Pretty much everything they have done is just move what they are doing in China to our servers now. So yeah, likely say goodbye to key farming and hello to higher gem prices.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

And why not?Why is it problem to have some feature in game?Dont like it…dont use it.

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, since no one else has mentioned it, I’ll point it out. Has anyone else noticed that all of the professions specific back pieces have six stages?

Now, for the professions that are presently boosted to 500, this easily makes the benchmarks 0 (starting the profession), 100, 200, 300, 400, 500.

There is no 500 for JC and Cooking right now ….that we know of….
Could they be sneakily adding it?
Or are the going to shoehorn the additional level in somehow?
Or are just getting the short end of the stick again?

Food for thought?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I have a question.

If someone using crafting station on their backs bends over… Will I be able to craft my thing ?

“Hey, hold on! I know it may not be perfect, but my sword is not done yet!”

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have a question.

If someone using crafting station on their backs bends over… Will I be able to craft my thing ?

“Hey, hold on! I know it may not be perfect, but my sword is not done yet!”
( ?° ?? ?

chuckle

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I guess tomorrow’s “Fresh Start” will also feature the leveling system of chinese client. And bunch of other stuff dragged from their client to ours.

Oh please no. If the leveling system is as dreadful as the chinese version (at least from what I’ve heard about it), I’ll be uninstalling the game in a heart beat. Nope.jpg.

Call me Nostradamus.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Crafting "Backpacks"

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

So, since no one else has mentioned it, I’ll point it out. Has anyone else noticed that all of the professions specific back pieces have six stages?

Now, for the professions that are presently boosted to 500, this easily makes the benchmarks 0 (starting the profession), 100, 200, 300, 400, 500.

There is no 500 for JC and Cooking right now ….that we know of….
Could they be sneakily adding it?
Or are the going to shoehorn the additional level in somehow?
Or are just getting the short end of the stick again?

Food for thought?

There are six tiers of crafting materials for 1-400 crafting. 500 crafting just combines five of the previous six tiers into a seventh. If you look at the previous linked Tailor recipes, you’ll see that they stop at Exotic T6.