9, No
10, No
11, Yes
12, No

Current Topic Poll: Mid-Jan. 2013

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

This thread is intended to serve as a straight yes-or-no [I don’t know is also acceptable] poll on many of the discussions currently on going. This thread is not intended to continue those discussions, please visit the relevant threads and participate. Also, as a subset of the community I [the compiler] and you [the participant] are/should be aware that our percentage numbers may not reflect the community as a whole. This is strictly informative to the people currently participating. Pending sufficient responses, I will periodically update with current percentages.

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2?
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance?
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2?
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP?
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities?
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely?
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members?
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
9) Does GW2 need less RNG?
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy?
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch?
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013?

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) ^
8) Yes
9) Yes
10) Nein
11) Nope
12) Negative.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? Yes
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? Yes
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? Yes
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? No
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? Yes
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? No
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? Yes
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ Yes
9) Does GW2 need less RNG? Yes
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? Don’ know
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? Less
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? Hopeful

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2?

Yes

2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance?

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members?

Yes

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

No

Yes

10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy?

N/A

11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch?

Yes

12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013?

No

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

-Results- as of 1600 EST
Participants: 96
Answers in a Yes/No/Other format. “Other” captures all uncommitted, ‘leaning’ and abstain votes.

Questions reposted per request
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? 74/13/9
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? 53/30/13
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? 64/20/12
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? 29/55/12
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? 37/44/15
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? 55/26/15
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? 48/29/19
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ 39/41/16
9) Does GW2 need less RNG? 37/31/28
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? 37/31/28
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? 40/52/4
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? 28/54/14

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

This thread is intended to serve as a straight yes-or-no [I don’t know is also acceptable] poll on many of the discussions currently on going. This thread is not intended to continue those discussions, please visit the relevant threads and participate. Also, as a subset of the community I [the compiler] and you [the participant] are/should be aware that our percentage numbers may not reflect the community as a whole. This is strictly informative to the people currently participating. Pending sufficient responses, I will periodically update with current percentages.

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Too broad — Skill function should stay the same with as few exceptions as possible
6. No
7. Yes
8. No
9. Both yes and no. The Mystic Forge is horrific, ultra rares should be able to come from random drops.
10. Yes
11. No
12. Many, but not most. I have LOTS of concerns

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1.) Yes
2.) Yes
3.) Yes
4.) No
5.) No
6.) Yes
7.) No
8.) Yes, but it wasn’t before ascended items
9.) Yes
10.) No
11.) No, seriously, enough with all the stupid events, fix the current game.
12.) No

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

Might as well do it.

1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? Yes. I don’t like games with gear grinds where you take a break, come back, and end up behind everyone else.

2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? Personally, yes. I do think other mechanics with agony should be implemented that offer better rewards for those who acquire all ascended gear.

3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? Yes. I don’t think there is a point in higher levels with level scaling. Just keep adding 80 content and there will be no need for a level cap.

4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? Nah.

5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? It seems this is the way things need to go. Right now some skills are OP in wvw, yet underpowered in pve

6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? I would love if it were, and then have drop rates increased. Magic find seems like a useless mechanic.
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? Seems silly.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ Not at the moment, but i feel its going that way with ascended.

9) Does GW2 need less RNG? For certain things like precursors, yes.

10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? No opinion at this time.

11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? No i do not.

12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? I am hoping so. The majority of my concerns are bug related and class balancing.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

1) Not necessarily, no
2) Nop, difference is just so slight
3) Yup to that, definitely
4) Nop, not the same thing
5) SO MUCH YES. But it’s too much hope
6) Yes, it’s garbage.
7) If 6 cannot be done, yeah, best alternative to suppression.
8) Not at all. You don’t need to grind to be full exotics. Grind is only cosmetics.
9) A thousand times yes, RNG sucks.
10) Yes, I love Trading Post.
11) On the potential, yeah, on the actual realisation, I’m rather disappointed for the moment. Hope updates will be quicker and more efficient in the future.
12) I expect yeah, but I know it won’t

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

1) Yes though i would have preferred it not been introduced at all ever
2) Yes the problem of resistance gating aside, this would have made them have a lower impact on other areas of the game ( assuming the better loot aquisition from only fractals was nerfed)
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) i dont know it depends greatly on functionality and how its implemented etc
6) Yes
7) No then we would have LFM MF mascot 200% min
8) yes in BWE and a while after launch it was fine then DR and more RNG was implemented atm grinding to get gear capped is stupid
9) Yes rng is a poor crutch to get people to keep playing content that they dont enjoy
10) No while they seem to have been trying to emulate eve, the functionality isnt there that would make it as stable/useful as the eve market, its also less global, so you have people doing pump and dumps etc
11)No to all, the game seems to be lacking vision atm because and the company seems more keen on pumping out broken half thought out content than producing a quality lasting virtual world
which is a far cry from the prelaunch manifesto
12) No i dont think any of my concerns will be addressed in early 2013, some of them possibly ever tbh i dont think the devs really know what they are doing half the time.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes.
7) No (Coincides with yes from above).
8) Yes.
9) Yes.
10) No.
11) No.
12) No.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. YES.
6. No.
7. Yes.
8. No.
9. Yes.
10. Yes.
11. Yes.
12. No.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? YES
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? YES
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? YES
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? YES
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? UNDECIDED
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? YES
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? ONLY IF NUM 6 IS NOT POSSIBLE
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ YES
9) Does GW2 need less RNG? YES
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? NO
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? YES
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? I HOPE, BUT SERIOUSLY, NO

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1.no
2.no
3.no
4.no
5.yes
6.no
7.no
8.no
9.no
10.yes
11.yes
12.yes