Current Topic Poll: Mid-Jan. 2013

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

This thread is intended to serve as a straight yes-or-no [I don’t know is also acceptable] poll on many of the discussions currently on going. This thread is not intended to continue those discussions, please visit the relevant threads and participate. Also, as a subset of the community I [the compiler] and you [the participant] are/should be aware that our percentage numbers may not reflect the community as a whole. This is strictly informative to the people currently participating. Pending sufficient responses, I will periodically update with current percentages.

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2?
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance?
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2?
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP?
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities?
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely?
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members?
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
9) Does GW2 need less RNG?
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy?
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch?
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013?

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2?
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance?
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members?
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy?
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch?
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013?

1)Yes.
2)No
3)Yes
4)No
5)Not sure what you mean here. sPVP already has some skills changed. WvW should keep PvE skills so pick one as my answer :P
6)Yes
7)No
8)No
9)No
10)No
11)No
12)No x32quintillion

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

1.) Yes
2.) Yes
3.) Yes
4.) Yes
5.) No
6.) Yes
7.) Yes
8.) No
9.) Yes
10.) Yes
11.) Yes
12.) No

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

This thread is intended to serve as a straight yes-or-no [I don’t know is also acceptable] poll on many of the discussions currently on going. This thread is not intended to continue those discussions, please visit the relevant threads and participate. Also, as a subset of the community I [the compiler] and you [the participant] are/should be aware that our percentage numbers may not reflect the community as a whole. This is strictly informative to the people currently participating. Pending sufficient responses, I will periodically update with current percentages.

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Don’t know.
2. No.
3. Don’t know.
4. No.
5. No.
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. No
12. Don’t know

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. No
8. No
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. Yes

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

y,y,y,n,y,n,y,y,n,y,n,n

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Yes Absolutely.

Kinda If 1 is true, then I’m fine with ascended gear being stronger. 1 tier over the rest of the game is not a treadmill. If there are more tiers to come OR if they intend to raise the level cap and nullify all our current gear then yes, make it equivalent to exotics.

ABSOLUTELY YES. I despise games that increase the level cap, nullifying gear and making obsolete all previous content. I rarely play games that do that past their expansions. Unfortunately, it would be a guarantee that I’d never be able to motivate myself to play GW2 again if they raised the level cap.

Yes. As a player with full exotics, I feel that I should be on an even footing with everyone else, including pre-80 players and players in greens/blues. Me PvEing more should not give me a stat advantage in PvP.

No, though I would prefer that PvP nerfs apply to WvW but not PvE.

Kinda. That would be one possible solution. Or, I would rather it be split evenly amongst the group. I’ll carry you through the dungeon if you increase my chance of nice lootz.

Kinda. See #6

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
Kinda Pre-ascended gear? No. Karma farming was the worst you had to deal with and Plinx farm made that acceptable. Post ascended gear? Absolutely.

Yes. I haven’t suffered through this much RNG rage since Vanilla WoW. A 2012 game should be comparable in RNG fail to a 2004 game…

Kinda No more or less than any other game, IMO. The implementation of the TP is spot on, IMO. There are a few tweaks it could use, but a global AH that is accessible anywhere is excellent.

No I can’t express how much I loved this game pre-Nov 15th, but then the realization that this game will revolve around gear and not story/exploration/collectibles, and will very likely increase the level cap at expansions, completely killed my hype level. But the 500+ hours I put in prior to Nov 15th were some of the most enjoyable I’ve had in an MMO.

No. It’s all just wishful thinking. Arenanet seems pretty set on turning this game into a gear grinder. Level up -> get gear -> level up -> get more gear -> level up -> get more gear. After the reaction Ascended gear got, the only response from Arenanet was basically brushing it all off as a “vocal minority” and then enthusiastically talking about how great and awesome their gear grind idea was. :-\

This was a great game. It’s just being destroyed by folks who seem to like the WoW style of gameplay a lot more than the rest of us.

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
No. DR is a great way to combat grinding. The issue is that too many grinders from classic MMOs have flocked to GW2, and they refuse to leave even when told that this MMO is not trying to catter to farmers or addicts.

Yes. It’s less bad than in most classic MMOs, but classic MMOs are bad games anyway.

The global Trading Post is great. Market manipulators are bad. ArenaNet should nerf their ability of manipulating the market.

No. Mostly because ArenaNet has proved to me that they have kept their main flaw from Guild Wars 1 – they listen to the wrong players. I hate this forum, but the best I can do is speak against the grinders and farmers and addicts and exploiters, since ArenaNet lacks the long term planning to not do what those players want in order to avoid making the game worse on the long run.

Most of my concerns is not changing the game to catter to grinders and other players of classic MMOs. So I hope ArenaNet won’t actually change the game that much.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

1) not sure
2) no
3) yes
4) no
5) aren’t they already?
6) no
7) no
8) no
9) no
10) the Trading Post IS the economy
11) yes
12) probably not

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: dpdropout.7308

dpdropout.7308

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Don’t care
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) Yes
8) Yes
9) Yes
10) No (pretty much made me stop playing. This game is called trade wars instead of guild wars)
11) No
12) No

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) no (level playing field according to whom? or based on what?…way too vague)
5) no
6) yes (or implemented separately from combat stats)
7) yes (as long as it is implemented separately from combat stats)
8) no
9) yes (especially: get rid of the mystic toilet and give recipes to crafters)
10) yes
11) no (looking back, my expectations were probably impossible to meet)
12) yes (ANet has shown that they learn from their mistakes)

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

1. Yes, in fact ALLL THE YES’s.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, but not hugely important.
5. No, I think this would take too many resources to get right.
6. Yes, Absolutely.
7. No, this seems like a weird mechanic. Stick with removing it.
8. No, the only grind is for Legendaries and the scav hunt and adjustments to precursor acquisition will adjust this I hope.
9. Yes! RNG is bad design and I don’t like it.
10. Yes, I enjoy the fact that it is a cross server TP especially
11. Nope, they’ve gone from inspiring to typical PR spinning/hemming and hawwing
12. Nope, I think they’ve chosen a course for vertical progression and are sticking to it.

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) No comment
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) See 6
8) Yes
9) Nah
10) No
11) No
12) No

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

No preference.

No preference.

No preference.

No

No

No

In dungeons, yes.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
No. The only thing grindy is pursuit of a legendary weapon.

I think it has a good amount, enough to be exciting.

Yes. Love the Trading Post feature.

Even more so.

12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013?[/quote]
I do!

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

1) No, whats the point in increasing the lvl cap and having lvl 80 gear? <.<"
2) No
3) No
4) Yes, if by “equal playing field” you also include the same number of players in both sides
5) Doesn’t it already have?
6) Yes, it doesn’t do anything anyway…
7) …
8) Depending on what you want yes it can be a legendary grind.
9) Aside from the Precursor Mystic Forge RNG no.
10) No
11) Yes but just because of Colin sexy smile or I would quit the game >xD lol
12) No, all I was expecting was already confirmed to not be in the next 3 months updates…

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

1) Don’t Care
2) Don’t Care
3) No
4) Maybe
5) Maybe
6) Don’t Care
7) Don’t Care
8) No
9) Maybe
10) Maybe
11) Yes
12) Maybe

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1) Yes
2) No
3) Yes
4) I thought it already was…
5) No
6) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
7) No, it needs to go completely.
8) Depends on how you play it
9) Yes, I like an absolute path to get to a goal. “Hope” is not a game mechanic.
10) Gold still doesn’t flow freely enough. The biggest grind in the game is trying to find enough gold to do anything decent with.
11) Both Yes and No, depending on the area you’d be talking about.
12) The only thing I really want is a LFG tool that will help me find dungeon or fractals groups without going out of my mind. Other than that the rest of it is livable.

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

The Dirty Dozen:
Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
Yes

Yes

I don’t know

No.

No.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

1) YES
2) NO
3) NO
4) YES
5) DEFINITELY YES
6) YES
7) NO. Highest party member MF% is APPLIED to EVERYONE ELSE in party, also.
8) Somewhat, yes
9) YES, LESS IS GOOD.
10) NO
11) NO
12) Not reasonably

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

1) Unbiased
2) Yes
3) No
4) No
5) Unbiased
6) Unbiased
7) Unbiased
8) No
9) No
10) Yes
11) Yes
12) Unsure

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes-no need to add gear treadmills. It is also a keystone of GW franchise.
2. Yes-why not? If it Already is in, it should have a function.
3. Yes-keystone of GW franchise.
4. Yes-unequal playing field just creates monstrosities such as WAR
5. ABSOLUTELY-that is a BARE NECESSITY!
6. Yes. This is not Hack n Slash game-what were they thinking?
7. Yes. If it already is in, why not design it to maximise group behaviour?
8. No. Not really actually.
9. Not really. My unrealistic expectations want it to look like LoL/Total War (ignore em)
10. I don’t think so. They still need to fix the crafting conundrum.
11. No. I realised that completely other team is working on it.
12. No on the 32th power. They need to fix it in an expansion. If they don’t-ouch!

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1) yes
2) yes
3) yup
4) Indifferent
5) yup
6) yes
7) not unless they fix it
8) yes. yes. yes.
9) a thousand times, yes.
10) No.
11) LOL No.
12) No, which is why I’ve pretty much stopped playing.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

I don’t care

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

Only if you want it to be.

Yes

I don’t know/don’t care

Yes

I don’t know

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Yes.

Yes. Oh GOD yes … and as to those that already have the Asended rings and back pieces, fine – keep em. Simply stop the World of Warcraft gear-treadmill bleeding with those 3 items. Of course I know this will NOT happen.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

No.

Yes. ( I would prefer zilch/ZERO/none/nada RNG).

Overall, the TP is fine.

No. The second they very “suddenly” introduced Ascended gear and went ahead and turned PVE into vertical-progression gear-gated dungeon farming … The game company lost ALL creditability with me. The funny part is, that prior to the introduction of vertical progression into PVE with “Ascended” gear – all I ever did was sing the praises of this game to every single one of my friends. I told them that they could finally play a modern high-graphic MMO that had horizontal progression in all areas of the game, including PVE. Oh well, I guess the jokes on me, right …

No. I have a strong feeling that they have a VERY clear vision and direction they are heading in, and it sure as heck is NOT the one the game was originally sold as.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Sanguinius.1427

Sanguinius.1427

The Dirty Dozen:

I would like it to be the last tier in terms of power. New variations in affects or gear specifically for certain types of gated content (like fractals) is fine, as long as it doesn’t provide a benefit outside of that content over normal gear.

There is no need for ascended gear as a new tier. Exotic gear should be bis. Don’t like running dungeons to grind gear, and if I did I’d be playing ANY OTHER mmorpg.

I would prefer that levels after 80 don’t offer anything more than a skill point. No stat increases, no need for gear grind, just a meaningless number.

No. What I would prefer is that Anet look at WAR’s pvp lakes. I think the wvw maps are too big, and there is too much emphasis on the big numbers. Add incentives for holding smaller areas and resource camps. Allow us to starve opponents by controlling resource lines. Give a role for melee characters. Currently only real viable way for warrior to play wvw is with a rifle.

That adds a lot of work for the devs. I’d rather that the developed separate skills entirely for pve/pvp rather than try to make a single skill fit both game styles.

Don’t care one way or the other.

It would be nice if magic find affected your entire group or even nearby players.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

Depends on how they handle ascended gear. If I have to repeat the same gated content over and over to get the next tier of gear, then yes too grindy. If they keep their word and offer multiple options for acquiring ascended gear, then the grind level is fine.

Whoever came up with the gambling crucible should be fired and banned from ever working in the game industry again. I’d also can the people behind the market boxes.

Seems fine to me for the most part. Keep an eye on inflation. Prices in GW1 got pretty out of control.

I was a GW1 fanboi and that enthusiasm transferred over to GW2. However tossing the manifesto in the trash ruined my trust in Anet. Flat out don’t trust anything they say at this point. They have to earn back my trust by demonstrating that they’ll keep to their word in the future.

While I don’t trust them right now, I hold out hope that the backlash against their straying has been taken to heart, and they’ll get back on the path they laid out.

(edited by Sanguinius.1427)

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

Firstly I have to admit that answering these (rather arrogant) questions feels like I’m discriminating how others should be allowed to play. Regardless, I have no hope to answer these with the intent of promoting my opinion in Anet’s eyes. So having said that:

1. No
2. No (It just needs to be relatively easy to obtain for all people)
3. Yes
4. No
5. No (This sounds like a terrible idea)
6. No (The game focuses more on group coordination rather than stats)
7. No (Very bad idea. It’s a cry for more segregation in the community, gross)
8. No (People are too compelled over rewards to see otherwise. That’s their problem, not the game)
9. No
10. Undecided
11. Yes
12. No

Posted by: Unown.8047

Unown.8047

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes
2. No if they make them more easily farmable, if not yes.
3. Yes if they make exotics as easy to get as now. If not, no.
4. No, i like me some chaos from time to time.
5. No
6. yes
7. Yes
8. Nope, excluding acsended, that’s grindy
9. Yes, they should make it so that different mobs has a chance to drop specific things, so you know where to kill. Promotes exploring to.
10. Kinda, they have a good system but it needs some fine tuning.
11. Actually more then i first bought it, mostly because i didn’t know of the philosofy of the game and acsended haven’t, as i feel, really not affected me in any way. Besides meeting people in acsended in wvw just means more challange for me.
12. Yes

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

no, over time there will be new gear added that we will want and it would be nice to gain something more then a skin for my work. 1 new level every two years or so is nothing to cry about.

absolutely not, I want some reward for my work, not just a gate to come content

does not matter as long as it would be only every few years it goes up.

no

already does and yes, dont want crying PvP players to mess with PvE any more then it already has.

no, but it should come with other stats also to alow for easier use w/o gimping yourself

well.. not sure. when i pug and people gimp the group in MF i guess it be nice to get some of that reward, but see 6, better alternative

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
no

no, but needs more alternatives in some areas

mostly

didnt look into game before it released so not sure

can i get back to you after Jan28th? I think there will be steps on them in early 2012.. but will they real address them is the bigger question

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) no
5) yes
6) yes
7) yes
8) yes (for certain mats) everything else works
9) yes
10) no
11) no
12) yes (have hope, always have hope)

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Raylina.7538

Raylina.7538

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Yes
2) No
3) Yes
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) No
8) Yes
9) No
10) Yes
11) Yes
12) No

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

The Dirty Dozen:

yes most definately. i dont like changing goals.

yes
i can live with it being different but dont like idea of level raising then gear raising

strongest yes point

not sure but i think my answer is yes

id like them to stay the same. i think overall balance and no difference when you go from one to another

idk. i havent made up my mind on it yet

no if someone invests in magic find it should be theirs all the advantage they get. magic find is a choice like higher health gear

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

yes its too hard to make any profit in the bank. this is something they had in gw1 til factions came out

im ok with rng it doesnt always favor me but its ok

positive impacted id say no needs a few tweeks i think but i prefer the ability of it to be across all servers

less faith/ less enthusiasm but i say that about every game that i consider a not top tier game. its a good game and i still play just dont have the love for it like other games. just to state i never loved this game greatly its always been a good game. i lose interest in good games about 3 to 4 months in

primary concerns no but a few minor ones yes. i see they want their game to be great but it never was in my book. i personally think they released game too early and the minor concerns i have should have been in game already but they rushed it. im not sure i have primary concerns about the game

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Here’s another valid answer to include:

I disagree with your question choices and abstain from voting.

No one has the right to say their post, within the rules of the forum, is not for discussion.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

1) No. I would prefer if there was some gear progression on PVE, all gear should have the same stats in PVP.
2) No. See above.
3) No. See above.
4) Yes. But then again does it really matter? It’s a boring game mode.
5) No. If you play a few classes in PvE and PvP it becomes extremely hard to keep track of all the different changes for each skill.
6) Yes, it’s a stupid stat.
7) No. It should be completely removed.
8) Absolutely not. No one is making you do anything you don’t want to do. Having a legendary or completing a daily quest or reaching an achievement are all completely optional.
9) Doesn’t really matter, you can get armor/weapons from vendors/karma/tokens.
10) Absolutely. It’s open to everyone to use it. And it’s not brain surgery.
11) As long as 3 expansions down the line they don’t announce a GW3 i’m willing to cut them some slack.
12) No. WTB Monk & Ritualist.

Posted by: giman.4983

giman.4983

YES
NO, ascended gear is fine.
ABSOLUTELY YES, raising the level cap is a terrible idea. I’d rather have more skill/trait options at the current levels.
No
No
Yes
Yes
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’
No, it’s only as grindy as you make it
No
abstain
Yes
Yes, fractals fix is on the way and the updates slated for 2013 look promising.

Sir Theodore
Darkhaven Server

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

yes
yes
yes
no
no
yes
no
no
no
yes
yes
yes, major design direction has just been confirmed

also, why not set up a free poll and link to it, instead of this unwieldy mess?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Yes
  6. No
  7. Yes
  8. Yes
  9. Yes
  10. No (only commenting on the TP not farmers)
  11. No (design direction completely changed post launch)
  12. Yes
Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1.Yea.
2.Don’t really care.
3.Yea, leveling is boring as hell already.
4.No comment.
5.Sorta.
6.No.
7.No.
8.Yea.
9.No.
10.Yea.
11.Hell no.
12.Mostly likely not.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

(edited by Nihevil.8024)

Posted by: sallost.6875

sallost.6875

1)yes
2)yes
3)Don’t know( depends on what they do with armor)
4)no
5)yes
6)no(only from gear)
7)no
8)no
9)yes
10)yes
11)no
12)no

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

1. no, only if it was equal to exotics.
2.yes
3. yes but it’s not going to happen
4.yes
5.yes
6. yes
7.see 6
8. currently yes it wasn’t at launch.
9. yes
10.yes
11.no
12.no

Posted by: Urthwyte.6875

Urthwyte.6875

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes, but if they add more gear it should be the same stats
2. yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. Yes
8. Not as much as other MMOs, no
9. yes
10. it is the economy
11. Not as much, but yes i still do, this game could go places
12. Yes

Level 80 Elementalist and Guardian

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I wish ANET would put such questionnaires into the game. They sure as hell have the tech to do it.

1) Yes – in fact i d prefer if it never was implemented
2) Yes – its a reasonable fix to the whole ascended gear debacle
3) Yes – no vertical progression please
4) No – WvW should work as it was intended, an “extension” of PVE
5) Yes – only where necessary
6) Yes – MF is counter intuitive to the games philosophy of cooperation
7) N/A
8) Yes – only due to ascended gear
9) Yes – i hate RNG
10) N/A – depends on many things
11) No – i ve lost all faith in ANET and GW2 with the nov 15th update
12) No – absolutely not

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

I didn’t quite answer these with just yes, no, or I don’t know. I’d apologize, but I’m not really all that sorry about it. I like to explain my position, most of the time.

1 I don’t know. Leaning toward No, but only if what comes after is craftable-only.
2 No. I would like it to be craftable, though.
3 No. I like to be able to build myself better. Trait points are what I’d mostly like to get out of more levels.
4 I don’t know. I don’t do WvW or PvP.
5 No. Even if I don’t do WvW or PvP, I think consistency is key – I would certainly prefer being able to test skills in PvE before taking them into PvP without having to keep in mind some change between the two.
6 No.
7 I don’t know. On the one hand, it would increase loot overall. On the other hand, it could be unbalancing, with teams of people with Magic Find on everything finding absurd loot.
8 Crafting and dungeon gear are. Other than that, no.
9 Skills (specifically Engineer Elixirs’ variable effects) are a bad place for it. Other than that, no.
10 I don’t know. I like that it’s there, though – although, its presence may be why some of the things that I like it being there to compensate for exist.
11 No. Not at all.
12 No. My concerns have been in the game since launch. They’ll have to be addressed at some point, but I doubt it’ll be soon.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1) Yes.
2) I would prefer that Ascended gear die in eternal flame, but as that’s not an option, I’d prefer a change from the existing system and this idea is better than the present model, so yes.
3) Yes. There’s no reason to change it as the level curve is fantastic right now as is.
4) Yes.
5) Yes. Balance PvP elements, including WvW, separately from PvE as you did in GW1.
6) No.
7) Yes, and am frankly amazed that it doesn’t already work like this.
8) Considering it was advertised as a “no grind game” and its devs continue to insist that their end goal is “zero grind”, the only correct answer here is yes.
9) No, not really. It needs higher drop rates, but the wrath of the RNG drop system is virtually inescapable, and the only real way to avoid it is a very bland token system that would kill a lot of core mechanics that have been fine in most other RPGs.
10) Yes. It’s an improvement from Spamadan, even if it’s not perfect.
11) No, not at all. Between the treatment of players on the forums and the continued movement towards vertical progression, I’m growing increasingly worried that I was sold one game and given another.
12) No, as I’ve already been told that many things like Legendaries will barely be addressed if at all until at least April. I have high hopes for some of the improvements to come, mind. But this is ANet’s chance to redeem the game in many people’s eyes, and while they’re improving, they’re still much too far from where they need to be.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? It kind of depends on how new tiers would be implemented, but mostly yes.
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? No.
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? Really depends on how a higher level cap is pulled off, if it involved me completely throwing away all my previous gear, then no.
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? No.
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? Yes, but only for
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? Yes.
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ No, there is very little gated content which actually requires you to grind, most ‘Grind’ in this game is completely subjective.
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? Yes, i’m very pleased with the game so far, they’re being a bit slow on the PvP side of things, but overall i’m pretty happy with GW2.
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? Most have already been addressed.

(edited by Ironcloud.3892)

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes (only if not 6)
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. no opinion
11. No
12. No

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

The Dirty Dozen:
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

Answers:
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Not fussed either way
5. No
6. Yes
7. No… remove it
8. No
9. No
10. No
11. No…especially with regards to meaningful, honest communication
12. No

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The Dirty Dozen:
1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? YES
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? NO
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? NO
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? NO
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? YES
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? NO (see 6)
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ YES (some aspects)
9) Does GW2 need less RNG? YES
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? NO
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? YES
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? YES

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

1) Would you prefer ascended gear to be the last tier implemented for the remainder of GW2? yes
2) Would you prefer ascended gear to be equal to exotic gear in all statistics except agony resistance? no
3) Would you prefer the level cap to remain at 80 for the remainder of GW2? yes
4) Would you prefer if WvW was set up on an equal playing field similar to PvP? i don’t know but leaning on yes
5) Would you prefer if WvW / PvP / PvE had separate skill functionalities? no
6) Would you prefer if Magic Find was removed from the game completely? yes
7) Would you prefer if Magic Find was divided equally amongst all party members? yes
8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’ yes
9) Does GW2 need less RNG? no (it’s either grind or RNG, take your pick)
10) Has the Trading Post [and all its users/farmers] positively impacted the economy? no
11) Do you have as much faith [and/or enthusiasm] about the game [and/or company] as you did before launch? no
12) Do you reasonably expect [many of] your primary concerns to be addressed in early 2013? no

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes.

Yes, but I can live with it being slightly better than Exotics, as long as Ascended items are the LAST tier.

Yes, but would not mind it being raised to 90 or even 100, as long as EQUIPMENT remains fixed at 80.

No. The whole point of WvW is that anybody, regardless of level or gear, can hop in and start participating.

No to WvW, would not mind for PvP.

No preference either way.

No opinion.

8) Is GW2 too ‘Grindy?’

Slightly leaning towards “Yes”, but only for really high-end items like Legendaries, Ascended and super-expensive MF recipes. It could be argued that that’s the whole point of those items, however.

No opinion. Content with the way things are at the moment.

The TP is a wonderful addition in terms of convenience and matching up buyers and sellers. Wish it was there in GW1. Not so thrilled about people making money purely off the TP, but accept it as an unavoidable aspect of a free economy.

It’s taken some knocks, but I still have overall faith in the vision and direction of GW2 and ANet.

I’m mainly waiting to see what they will do to make Ascended items easier to obtain. The introduction of the Crowns system seems to be a good first step.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

1) Y
2) N
3) Y
4) N
5) N
6) Y
7) Y
8) Y