Customer Support and the Feature Pack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Hello, everyone! We wanted to take a minute to let you know about a couple of item types that we’ll be doing refunds for after the feature pack is live. We will be granting refunds for the following items:

Gem refunds for items you are unhappy with due to changes in the way the item functions:

• Tonics that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store
• Outfits that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store

Duplicate Gem Store Purchase Refunds:

• Duplicates skins that were purchased in the Gem Store
• Duplicates of Tonics/Outfits that were purchased from the Gem Store

Dye Refunds:

Dyes exclusive to Dye Packs from the Gem Store will be replaced in the event they were applied to multiple characters on the same account prior to the Feature Pack on April 15th. Duplicates of these dyes will be replaced via the in game mail by May 11th. In order to receive replacements for these duplicate dyes:

Log in to every character on your account after the Feature Pack goes live on April 15th and before 12:01 AM on May 6th (PDT).

We will not be able to process any refund requests via Customer Support tickets before May 12th. If you expected to receive dyes and do not receive them by May 12th, feel free to create a Customer Support ticket at that time. The dyes eligible for refund are:

Acid                                  Acrid                                Algae         
Amenity                           Blacklight                        Caustic 
Charred                            Cinders                            Cobolt       
Cyanide                            Deep Glacial Sky            Deep Glacial Teal 
Enameled Crimson         Enameled Emblaze       Enameled Legacy 
Enameled Reign              Enameled Sky                 Flame        
Flare                                  Fling                                 Glacial Sky 
Glacial Teal                      Limonite                          Molten 
Onset                                Perseverance                  Prosperity 
Pyre                                   Recall                               Shiver Sky 
Swampblack                    Toxin                                Vincent     
Violite

All requests for refunds must be submitted prior to July 15, 2014.

As always – feel free to create a ticket with customer support if you’re unsure about an issue. Please be aware that response times may be higher than normal following the Feature Pack.

*edit: formatting

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

(edited by Michael Henninger.7451)

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Oh snap. Im getting my 2 Pyre dyes back boys!

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

you forgot glory boosters etc

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes. I have 150 glory boosters. Can I exchange them for something?

Posted by: Sylvanwood.2746

Sylvanwood.2746

Massive thank you ANet!

Meanwhile, incoming dual legendaries compensation demands in 3… 2… 1…

[Jade Quarry]

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Thank you for this clarification. I most especially appreciate the list of dyes, though I am not greatly affected by the dye change, I am affected by the town clothes change and a list of specific town clothes to be affected was requested several times in it’s relevant thread. I am glad to see some communication in this style being offered. Please keep up that forthrightness as things unfold. I also appreciate that outfits have been added to the option for gem refund alongside tonicafied clothes, compared to the previous case-by-case basis originally stated. This was also a request frequently repeated and it is good to know it was heard. I appreciate that greatly.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Yes. I have 150 glory boosters. Can I exchange them for something?

I have glory boosters too from farming spvp… anything we can do with these now that glory is gone?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the information, Michael. I think it’s a nice move to offer replacements for the limited edition dyes.

Just have to remember to claim my refund for my extra Marjory’s Dagger skin. XD

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

So by what criteria can we get a refund on skins? Say I bought 2 phalanx armor skins, but only have 2 pieces of the other set, but the full other set. Since having just one piece of the set unlocks the entire set, does this mean I can get a refund for at least 1 of them?

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I believe you can, having at least one piece of an armor set unlocks the entire thing for your account, whereby you did not need to have purchased the second and they are offering a refund on that second purchase, which you can use to unlock a different skin with to better fill out your new wardrobe.

Posted by: doraemon.9170

doraemon.9170

no dual legendary refunds ? So my dual incinerator didn’t have any refunds , i can’t get back anything ? good job , anet

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

no dual legendary refunds ? So my dual incinerator didn’t have any refunds , i can’t get back anything ? good job , anet

That’s because legendaries are more than just a skin. They also offer you extra functionality, on top of the ‘never have to get another weapon again’ bonus.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You must have missed the part where these refunds only concern gem store purchases

Xbon.9086

legendaries are legendary BECAUSE you can change their stats at ANY time for no cost, they are every stat, and now they’ll be account bound instead of soulbound, so you still have 2 weps that work on any character build.

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I’m at work so can’t remember the name, but I bought the fiery armor for two different characters…with gems. Does that armor now become account based and if so I get a refund for one of them?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

I’m at work so can’t remember the name, but I bought the fiery armor for two different characters…with gems. Does that armor now become account based and if so I get a refund for one of them?

As long as it’s the same weight class, yes.

Posted by: doraemon.9170

doraemon.9170

legendaries are legendary BECAUSE you can change their stats at ANY time for no cost, they are every stat, and now they’ll be account bound instead of soulbound, so you still have 2 weps that work on any character build.

laughed , everyone said legendary can change stat for any time , but do you know what is the main part of legendary ? it’s the skin , i don’t care about change stats for no cost , i only care about the skin , everyone craft the dual legendary is wanna have a beautiful skin , not for the stats , ok ? After patch , everyone can use two incinerator together at the same time ! So anet didn’t want to give back any refunds , fine . i wouldn’t spend any money in gw2 , because anet can let you time/money become nothing after patch when they happy

Xbon.9086

laughed , everyone said legendary can change stat for any time , but do you know what is the main part of legendary ? it’s the skin , i don’t care about change stats for no cost , i only care about the skin , everyone craft the dual legendary is wanna have a beautiful skin , not for the stats , ok ? After patch , everyone can use two incinerator together at the same time ! So anet didn’t want to give back any refunds , fine . i wouldn’t spend any money in gw2 , because anet can let you time/money become nothing after patch when they happy

the main point of a legendary…. IS the stat changing at any time… If you don’t see this, you got a legendary for the wrong reason, lol. It will always retroactively be the highest tier, and ability to change stats, there’s no better item than it, so you never have to get another weapon of that type again.

I have a question regarding the feature pack; what exactly does “The chance of rares and exotics in the mystic forge will be adjusted. This will not affect precursors.” entail?

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Oh snap. Im getting my 2 Pyre dyes back boys!

Pyre is the king of dyes :P

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

concerned with thw witch costume i liked it but the hat is awful… and clicking every time is unpratical or even worse if its to become a skin -.-

I ll miss it…i wonder why they could not leave the costume slot i really can t explain it.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

As long as it’s the same weight class, yes.

So it’s not completely account based..it’s armor based. So one set covers all my cloth wearers and one set covers all medium etc etc? Currently I have one set on Ranger and one of Elementalist. So it sounds like I am sol

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Forzani: Unfortunately, yeah. You bought the Flamekissed set and whatever the medium set was called. They’re two completely different sets, and thus not eligible for a refund as they’re not duplicates.

Posted by: Nasedo.5349

Nasedo.5349

There is no refund for glory boosters or anything that deals with this topic.
ArenaNet told you severel times in bogposts, since december i think, that glory will be removed from the game, that you should use your glory and glory-boosters before the feature update, and that there is no refund for them, because it was communicated early enough.

(edited by Nasedo.5349)

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

What if I bought 25 transmutation splitters, havent used them yet, and dont wish to change my 6k gem worth items on 4k gem worth items? Can I get my 6k gems back? There might have been sale…I dont remember. So maybe I bought them cheaper, but it still was around 5k gems.

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Thank you for extending the range on what gets a refund. That’s a lot better than what was originally proposed. It would be ideal to just fix it so that Outfits are more than a single slot, even if all you can change is the hat slot (which should be doable, if all the Gem Store Town Clothes hats are already being made into combat skins, right?), but this is definitely a step in the right direction as it shows that y’all have in fact been listening. Now you guys just have to get better at communicating things a bit sooner, BEFORE you end up in crunch time, and maybe people wouldn’t end up needing so many refunds :P (Obviously refunds for duplicates are necessary given the nature of the patch, but maybe a bit of early communication would prevent y’all from being so surprised when players are unhappy about certain other things they paid for being changed with so little warning. …This is directed at “you” plural, meaning ANet in general, not you specifically, because obviously Support would usually only get involved AFTER people end up unhappy; but maybe someone earlier in the sequence of events might appreciate that input and make your job a bit less hectic during future patches.)

I do think it might be a good idea to introduce temporary Mystic Forge recipes for turning Glory Boosters into something useful. Y’all have used the Mystic Forge for stuff like that before— I recall at least one temporary recipe that was introduced to remove excesses of certain materials from the game, so it’s certainly not unprecedented. (Again, not specifically the domain of Support, but people will probably continue to bug you about Glory Boosters anyways, so maybe you’d like to pass that idea along too.)

Anyway, thank you for clarifying this and for actually taking feedback— I may have high standards for ANet in general when it comes to responsiveness and responsibility, but only because I know you’re capable of meeting those standards, and I appreciate every step you take in that direction.

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

Do we get our Dyes refunded automatically or do we need to contact the support?

I know I have bought many of the special dyes and many of them as duplicates for different chars. Don’t really want to go over every char and take screens for every dye, just to know how many of every dye I got ._.

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

2x Krytan armour skins. Well, better than nothing!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

What if I bought 25 transmutation splitters, havent used them yet, and dont wish to change my 6k gem worth items on 4k gem worth items? Can I get my 6k gems back? There might have been sale…I dont remember. So maybe I bought them cheaper, but it still was around 5k gems.

They recently stated that transmutation splitters will still retain their current functionality. I think they will have it so you can right-click it and select to convert it to T-Charges, but double-clicking it will activate as normal. So they will still have their functionality for the purpose they were purchased for.
I’ll see if I can find where they mentioned this.

edit
Found it.

Coming Soon – Feature Pack Changes
-
As many of you are aware, there are some exciting changes on the horizon! The Black Lion Trading Company is making some adjustments, which I’d like to address now:
-
To support the new Wardrobe system, Transmutation Crystals and Transmutation Stones will be converted into Transmutation Charges! Double-click on stored Crystals to convert them 1:1 into Charges, and double-click on stored Stones to convert them 3:1 into Charges. Transmutation Charges will replace Crystals as drops from the Black Lion Chest.
-
Transmutation Splitters will continue to work on items that were transmuted before the April 2014 Feature Pack. You also have the option of exchanging Transmutation Splitters for 5 Charges at a Black Lion Armor Trader in any major trading post.
-
Finally, from April 15 onward, your Trading Post history will show only the last 90 days. If you want to look further back into your transaction history, you’ll need to do so in the next week!

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Sergoros.4398

They recently stated that transmutation splitters will still retain their current functionality. I think they will have it so you can right-click it and select to convert it to T-Charges, but double-clicking it will activate as normal. So they will still have their functionality for the purpose they were purchased for.

What is the reason to use them, if all skins now saved in the wardrobe? They made them essentially useless.There wouldn’t be anymore transmutations of items, since you would just use skins to transmute.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I remember reading somewhere that transmutation splitters would be worth 5 charges each.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

StinVec.3621

What is the reason to use them, if all skins now saved in the wardrobe? They made them essentially useless.There wouldn’t be anymore transmutations of items, since you would just use skins to transmute.

For the purpose of regaining the stats of an item that was not selected, most notably in the case of a legendary being transmuted to a white item to make it account bound. Since the legendary stat selection at will ability would be lost, using the splitter would be a way of regaining it. Not sure why anyone would want to buy 25 transmutation splitters in the first place if they weren’t going to be used, or how one can even have a need for 25 of them, but to each their own. Suppose it wouldn’t hurt to send support a ticket and inquire about it, just do not get your hopes up for them to get refunded.

Sergoros.4398

For the purpose of regaining the stats of an item that was not selected, most notably in the case of a legendary being transmuted to a white item to make it account bound. Since the legendary stat selection at will ability would be lost, using the splitter would be a way of regaining it. Not sure why anyone would want to buy 25 transmutation splitters in the first place if they weren’t going to be used, or how one can even have a need for 25 of them, but to each their own. Suppose it wouldn’t hurt to send support a ticket and inquire about it, just do not get your hopes up for them to get refunded.

But now legendary and ascended are all account bound. So yeah…no use even in this way. I bought them, because I didnt expect them to release wardrobe. And I hate to lose my skins. I had 30 splitters actually. Maybe more…dont remember.

Sergoros.4398

I remember reading somewhere that transmutation splitters would be worth 5 charges each.

Thats the problem. If u bought 25 splitters > u bought them for 6k gems. If I would want to buy 125 charges> I would buy them for 4k gems. So yeah. 2k gems is lost for nothing.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Could there possibly be a Black Lion Ticket refund for those who purchased duplicate skins from the ticket merchant?

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Oh. I thought the dye thing was for ANY duplicate of dyes…. I have collected all dyes I have found on any character I have recently just to get those duplicates… Now I will have none…. Nvm… I better read more carefully next time.

Kima & Co

StinVec.3621

Oh. I thought the dye thing was for ANY duplicate of dyes…. I have collected all dyes I have found on any character I have recently just to get those duplicates… Now I will have none…. Nvm… I better read more carefully next time.

He is talking about gem refunds on duplicate gem store dyes on multiple characters, not the unidentified dyes provided to you for each duplicate unlocked non-gem store dye across your characters.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Special gem-store only dyes: duplicates will result in getting back the actual dye back in your inventory
All other dyes: duplicates will result in getting unidentified dyes in your inventory

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: giantteddy.9302

giantteddy.9302

if they’re offering refunds on dyes, it’s pretty much an item exchange through manual labor. You send in your ticket, they send you an item in return. That’s a pretty wide list of dyes covered by this, and probably an equally big number of players that will request for this.

Why not just offer a duplicate Legendary item exchange then? Send in your ticket, they send you a different Legendary of your choice that will be account bound after all. There’s also fewer legendaries to handle than dyes. Or create an NPC that will let you trade in a legendary for a token to get a different legendary, and this NPC only available for a week or two.

Then all these people will shut up already about their legendaries…

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Then all these people will shut up already about their legendaries…

Legendarys were not bought in the Gemstore !!!

The price of a legendary is only worth so much because of actual prices of items in the TP.

Else we can also ask for refunds because i sold 1000 Iron ore for 20 copper and it was worth 3 silver 3 weeks ago .. or things like that.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Does anyone know where I can request a refund?

When I got to en.support.guildwars2.com I get this:

Page not found

Also I found this refund page: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds
But that only covers refunds of the full game, or gems. Not refunds for specific items (such as gemstore armor).

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Why do Anet make things confusing, even with a simple thing like refunds ?

Questions…

1) Are the gem refunds automatic for duplicate items bought from the store ?

2) Can or can’t we apply for refunds from tomorrow onwards ? I ask this as you say elsewhere in your post that your customer support cannot process refund requests via support tickets until after the 12th May. If that is the case, could you not just say that people should not apply for refunds until after the 12th May.

3) Other items like Trait resets that were purchased and people still have, can or can’t we apply for refunds for these or are the refunds automatic ? Do we also have to wait until after the 12th May to apply for refunds for these items ?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

There is no refund for glory boosters or anything that deals with this topic.
ArenaNet told you severel times in bogposts, since december i think, that glory will be removed from the game, that you should use your glory and glory-boosters before the feature update, and that there is no refund for them, because it was communicated early enough.

No it wasn’t early enough, I have 500 boosters and how I should’ve use them all playing pvp ~30 minutes a day? They screw pvp players, like with pvp mats they announced that they will remove pvp mats AFTER removing glory so I couldn’t even buy armor parts for glory because I couldn’t farm glory. GG Anette.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Crusan.1639

Crusan.1639

im unhappy with a purchase a various of transmutation splitter.

Beldin.5498

Page not found

Also I found this refund page: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds
But that only covers refunds of the full game, or gems. Not refunds for specific items (such as gemstore armor).

I used this : https://help.guildwars2.com/home

and then Purchase issue → Refund::Game Upgrade

That was the closest that fits for me.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

the main point of a legendary…. IS the stat changing at any time… If you don’t see this, you got a legendary for the wrong reason, lol. It will always retroactively be the highest tier, and ability to change stats, there’s no better item than it, so you never have to get another weapon of that type again.

I have a question regarding the feature pack; what exactly does “The chance of rares and exotics in the mystic forge will be adjusted. This will not affect precursors.” entail?

You must not have played when legendaries were exotic status and you had to transmute them to get the stats you wanted. Changing stats was a feature added a few months ago (as well as moving them up to ascended stats). For many people who have legendaries, the reason for having one was the skin.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Page not found

I used this : https://help.guildwars2.com/home

and then Purchase issue -> Refund::Game Upgrade

That was the closest that fits for me.

Thank you

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Then you wouldn’t have a problem with anet giving people with dual legendaries a legendary skin as opposed to a whole new legendary item? The skin is worthless afterall, according to you.

Beldin.5498

Thank you

However .. i don’t know if that was correct .. was also myself unsure what to do

Also … not sure if we should post the request already now or if we should also wait and post it later .. but i got at least a mail that they received it, so i think i simply wait until somewhere in may .. and repost if i don’t get anything until then.

StinVec.3621

Page not found

Yeah, they never updated the support link at the top of the page, just made it route to the proper page…which sometimes does not properly route or load.

I posted this over in the account area to help out someone there:

After the patch becomes available today then you are able to submit a request for the duplicate to be refunded…but not until after the patch is released. You should get the (600) gems refunded for the duplicate without a problem.

If you are not sure how to submit a ticket, at the top of this page click on “Support”, then in the top right of that page click the “Submit a request” link and fill in all applicable areas.

• Purchase Issue
  • Email address to be contacted at by Support
  • Subject (Mine will be “Wardrobe – Refund on Duplicate gem store skins”)
  • Description of the issue
  • Issue – [No Selection] box – Select “Refund” in the drop-down and then “Gem Purchase”
  • Your name
  • Email associated with your account
    skip billing section since you used gold > gem conversion
  • DOB
  • GW2 Serial
  • GW2 Name (your ForumName.1234 name)
  • Submit

Easy peasy.

You should also receive a type of “we’ve received your support request” email, but if you do not receive one of those, please check your spam box. If it’s not there, see this sticky thread also.

Then give them plenty of time to see to your request…there will be many thousands so please be patient while they get to them all.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

1. Like people have said, the stat switching is not the main point of a legendary. For the cost of a legendary you could make dozens of ascended weapons and buy an extra bag slot.
  2. Even if legendaries don’t get refunded because the stat switching is sooo valuable, people with multiple whisperblades, etc. (does anyone have multiple infinite lights, volcanuses, mjolnirs, immobuluses?!) deserve a refund, because there is zero use for the duplicate now.

I think the fairest refund would be refunding all the components. It’s not ideal—people could have bought the weapons directly, prices have changed, etc.—but I think it’d be the best option. And if not for legendaries, at least for other forge skins! (Disclosure: I have duplicate legendaries but no duplicate basic forge skins.)

And of course this post was just about gem store purchases, so who knows if they’ll do anything for any of these. Fingers crossed I guess.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)