Customer Support and the Feature Pack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tempest.5094

Tempest.5094

I submitted a ticket concerning Cinders dye that I had on 3 characters. This is the response I got.

GM Shaolin ShadowBoxing (Guild Wars 2 Support)

May 02 05:15

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team with your request for a dye refund.

In order to compensate players who purchased the same dye across multiple characters, each account was thoroughly reviewed by an in-game system and in cases where more than one dye of the same type had been unlocked on the account, an unidentified dye was placed on the account to replace the duplicate dye or dyes.

Because each unidentified dye is potentially of greater value than the dye that was purchased in multiples, the Guild Wars 2 Support Team is unable to offer refunds or replacements for specific dyes that were unlocked across multiple characters. That is, we are not able to assist you with a refund request for your dyes, since the system already has made the appropriate adjustments.

For your convenience, I have provided links below to both our Knowledge Base article and a blog post that provide detailed information about Wardrobe.

Article: Introducing the Wardrobe System
Link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

Article: Wardrobe
Link: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Shaolin ShadowBoxing
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Tempest239n

Apr 21 20:35

I had Cinders dye on three characters on my account prior to the feature pack. I’m not sure if I need to send this but I didn’t think it could hurt. It would be nice if I could get those dye’s back. Thanks very much for everything!

[FA]Grey Mouzer = Kill Stealing Ranger ;)

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

Ticket 579528.

I don’t know why support closed my ticket, they say that can’t refund my gems because the “Sonic Tunneling Tool” is a toy, but when i bought it was a town cloth, also because it’s not duplicated.

Toys or “Sonic Tunneling Tool” changed like town cloths, I got it equipped like a cloth town and now is a consumable, i don’t like this change and i want my gems back.

No logic.

Why can’t i get my gems back?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Update: 5 May 2014

581755 – In queue awaiting review.
569624 – In queue awaiting review.
569397 – In queue awaiting review.
579528 – Your questions were fully answered today.
Upham.6137 – Please read the section about dyes in this post.
Tempest.5094 – Please read the section about dyes in this post.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Renso.3695

Renso.3695

I would really like to see the Wizard hat brought back especially now when you can incorporate Town Hats into other armor styles! I know it was used to get new players to try gw2, however when I saw it when it came out, I saw no used for it since I never used town cloths however I have always want to incorporate it into my characters look. So please since I see that you have begun to bring back old costumes for people to have the opportunity of getting them through the gem store, I would like to see this return as well. Thanks!

Posted by: Vaske.2817

Vaske.2817

Today is day 7 since i made my ticket? Can i please have an update on it? since i did not get anything what so ever via email…..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Today is day 7 since i made my ticket? Can i please have an update on it? since i did not get anything what so ever via email…..

First, it would be best to post your ticket number if you want a review.

Second, if you are not getting any emails from ArenaNet, you might read this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast/first#post3785262

Vaske.2817

First, it would be best to post your ticket number if you want a review.

Second, if you are not getting any emails from ArenaNet, you might read this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast/first#post3785262

If you are not from Anet why are you always posting stuff? I know you want to help…but in this case you are not helping.

(edited by Vaske.2817)

Vamp Rook.7835

579528 – Your questions were fully answered today.

My question wasn’t fully answered, they closed my ticket without let me explain. They’re contradicting all posted here by you and other devs.

I meet all the criteria and they don’t want to refund my gems, i thinks it’s not “fully answered”.

Posted by: Drakhein.5923

Drakhein.5923

Ticket #547086 20 days.

I hope they did not forget me.
Maybe I should have write my ticket in english, instead of my native French.
I wrote the 23 items’ names in english though.
Thanks !

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

Ticket #582517, 6 days old.

Transferred to Game Support Team, but no contact made since, not even automated responses.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update: 6 May 2014

567829 – Resolved. Please do not submit duplicate tickets in the future.
579528 – The agents have explained multiple times: We do not refund for toys. You do not meet the criteria for those items.
547086 – Still in processing; I believe this will be handled soon.
582517 – Still under review.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Vamp Rook.7835

579528 – The agents have explained multiple times: We do not refund for toys. You do not meet the criteria for those items.

That toy was a town cloth when i bought it (and it was at style category) and before patch, after patch it becomes a consumable, exactly like a town cloth.

Michael Henninger.7451:

Gem refunds for items you are unhappy with due to changes in the way the item functions:
• Tonics that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store
• Outfits that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store

Sorry but i don’t understand this, so… i want my gems.

Vaske.2817

Excuse me but why am i being ignored here? It had been 9 days now since i made my ticket, can i get any update on what is going on? No offence but this has been worst support from you guys since i started playing……i understand that you have a lot of tickets but ignoring people without any updates is just annoying….it is not like i am inpatient since it has been 9 days…..

Posted by: Spindelhalla.2139

Spindelhalla.2139

Hello, I submitted my ticket on April 28th, I got a mail that confirmed my request was receive and about half an hour later another email saying my ticket was getting tranferred to a member of the Guild Wars 2 Game Support Team for further assistance. Since then I received no update at all. I’d like to know if you are still working on my ticket or if it got lost.
Especially now that many new things are being added to the gem store it would be great to know if I’m gonna get back those gems or if I have to buy new ones since the new outfits only last for a week in the store.

Ticket number is 577020

Thank you.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Hello, I would love an update also as its been 10 days.

ticket number: #575671

Thanks =)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Folks, I want to gently state again that we assuredly are backed up on requests for these courtesy refunds. If you received confirmation that your ticket was submitted (an e-mail auto response upon submission) then you’re in the queue and you will receive any refund for which you are eligible as soon as possible. There is no need for a follow-up post whatsoever; you will receive whatever gems you are entitled to just as promptly as we can process the request.

Please be aware that this is a time-consuming and “hands on” process and there really isn’t a way to have it go faster. Even while we’ve added team members to try to work through these requests, it is taking time.

We apologize for the time that it is taking to process these courtesy refunds, but we must continue to ask for your patience while we go through each request, review and confirm eligibility, and then see to it that the proper refund is granted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

Hi Gaile,

I just want to say thank you for keeping people notified about what is going on, I know you and all the other customer support people must be super busy right now – even more so than usual. I have an outstanding ticket myself as well, but I’ve had a confirmation and all that so for now that is good enough for me

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Posted by: Hanible.2650

Hanible.2650

ticket #582648 I have not heard anything since April 30th about my gem refund for town clothes into outfits

Posted by: shadowspaul.6485

shadowspaul.6485

Hello Gaile,

Can you please Review 549144, i am not getting a refund whilst multiple others in the exact same situation did get one. There have been multiple posts on these forums if people proving so. ( i would wish to give you the links but the gw2 forum search function only results in posts made today…) i did not even get a reply on my last question which is quite a while ago now.

(\(\ Smelly Stuff Thief/ Coo Guild Leader
(^-^) Me Smelly? It’s the bunnies Feet!
(_(“)(”)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Think I will hold off on my request. I’d rather not burden you guys with more tickets especially as I’m not 100% certain I’m covered under the refund terms and the closing date is way off yet anyway.

Hope you guys aren’t stressing out too much! I hate doing even one refund in a day, I dread to think what you guys are going through!!

Posted by: Raven Bloodshield.5472

Raven Bloodshield.5472

01.05.14 ticket 583386 : Gem Refunds for Town Clothes -Mad King’s Outfit

still no answer ;(

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

Anyone got their ‘special’ dye refund yet ?

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I had duplicate F&F dyes and still no compensation in the mail

Posted by: itrial.2354

itrial.2354

Nope, still waiting. The date for customer support requests is tonight though.

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Dye update!

We’re working on getting the list together to send these out. We know we’re running a bit late on this. Hang in there.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Your efforts are much appreciated Michael. Could you please make sure though that they are not sent out while most of Europe is already sleeping? If you send them within the next 2 hours, there is still a chance some are awake. The timing of your mail has significant ramifications.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Gems are being distributed. Thank you for all of your patience.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

(edited by Michael Henninger.7451)

Izaya.2906

Dye update!

We’re working on getting the list together to send these out. We know we’re running a bit late on this. Hang in there.

Got the special dyes refund in the mail just now, thanks for the action.

Buttercup.5871

They were being distributed at a time that Europe is asleep. Meaning their values have dropped in half already. Btw I just logged in and the 15+ gemstore dyes I was supposed have not arrived yet (I followed all the criteria of logging in on all char long ago, contacting support already on 16 April etc etc). So by the time I get back from work tonight my dyes will be worth a LOT less.

Izaya.2906

They were being distributed at a time that Europe is asleep. Meaning their values have dropped in half already. Btw I just logged in and the 15+ gemstore dyes I was supposed have not arrived yet (I followed all the criteria of logging in on all char long ago, contacting support already on 16 April etc etc). So by the time I get back from work tonight my dyes will be worth a LOT less.

Wait for a couple of months and pray they don’t get re-introduced maybe instead of unloading them today?

It’s all a small gamble really, but I chose not to unload my duplicate dyes even I got them early today.

Sold most dyes I had still in bank last week and already bought them back today for a huge discount so today’s not really a good day to sell them anyway regardless of time of the day you get them.

Buttercup.5871

Edit: support successfully handled my request manually per 18 May and sent the dyes in question.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Gems are being distributed. Thank you for all of your patience.

Thanks Madi!! <3

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

I just want to give kudos to the Anet support team over this. My husband was refunded some of the gemstore dyes he had extra, but not all. He opened a ticket, and within a few hours he received all the missing dyes in the mail. Good job, people!

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

No refund for me (yet).. Already in contact with support but no succes so far.

Buttercup.5871

Edit: support managed to successfully handled my request manually per 18 May.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

I just got back from washing my car (sunshine in Seattle!) and heard that there’s a problem with the dye rollout. We’re looking into where the issue is but above all else – don’t panic. We have a backup of the log. If you followed the instructions in my OT then my job is to get you what I promised. And I don’t like failing.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: danikaix.4670

danikaix.4670

I have a question about the refunds.
I assumed duplicate purchases made with gems bought with gold were not elegible to recieve gem refunds so asking for it never crossed my mind until today when somebody told me I was eligible.

Can somebody confirm this? I have a few duplicates that i bought using gold to gems conversion, am I eligible for a gem refund?

(edited by danikaix.4670)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have a question about the refunds.
I assumed duplicate purchases made with gems bought with gold were not elegible to recieve gem refunds so asking for it never crossed my mind until today when somebody told me I was eligible.

Can somebody confirm this? I have a few duplicates that i bought using gold to gems conversion, am I eligible for a gem refund?

I believe if you purchased the item from the Gem Store, no matter how you acquired the Gems (appropriately, of course), you can request a refund. The worst that could happen is CS would advise you that the items you requested a refund for were ineligible. Good luck.

Posted by: ATHAM.5068

ATHAM.5068

I need clarification regarding the Dye Pack exclusive dyes. If I had Charred dye on multiple characters, should I recieve a Charred dye or an Unidentified dye as a refund?

Posted by: Silverbleed.3169

Silverbleed.3169

Can I still receive a refund for double bought gemstore items? I never realized this was possible.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@ATHAM…It should be a Charred Dye, I believe.

@Silverbleed…You can contact CS and submit a request. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.