Dailies are a punishment to some

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

@ Sky.7610

I added this after you posted i think its better if i post it here.

I for the life of me cant think of the name of the rule but its where there is something to be hard and any one can take it so every will take it there by destroying the thing in the first places and no one will have any more. That is a real life rule of the effect of ppl getting something and how it could effect others but this is a game. In the gaming world that something NEVER runs out so every one can take as much as they wish from it with out destroying the thing in the first places.

Now beyond that point its very odd that the community has falling into “do not add new things for me to do because i do not want to do them” mind set. This is a very bad mind set because it will destroy the progress of the game (not progression). This will stop all new story lines all new events all new fixes it will stop an mmorpg at its core of constant changes and add on.

See your talking more about inflation that just going to happen with out any add on. The only way to stop this would be to add in more gold sinks to the game (WP cost are not enofe alone to do this). The daily are nothing in comparison to other events when it comes to inflation problems. Worst one atm is CoF to what speed you can run it and the gold drop from the mobs (no DR) adds a lot into the system.

I believe your looking for the word scarcity?

Anyway, i think the solution is to offer a wide range of things to do that is as equal in reward as possible so people can do what they want to do and actually be rewarded fairly for it. This way, it would also negate the negative effect of rewarding players who do X and punishing people who dont do X.

No. The solution is to do daily yourself if as you claim it’s “free” or don’t do it.

You see problems where there are none.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Here’s the problem in a nutshell.

1) Game rewards players who log in every day to prime the economy with raw materials and make the game have an active zone population for new players.

2) The requirements are low enough that a casual player can get them in a relatively low amount of time if they are actively going after it or simply get the reward every once in a while by simply playing casually.

3) But for players who are more than casual yet do to RL commitments simply can’t play daily, they simply won’t get the same number of daily rewards as a daily casual player.

4) Now this wouldn’t be a huge problem except one of the daily rewards has a dual purpose, one which is very attractive to non-casual players, ascended items.

Now I believe the devs motivation was pure. They were providing a means for everyone to earn ascended items. What the devs should have also done is allow an alternative cost for those items in FotM only currency. One way, a faster way for those who like to play in the Mists and one slower way for those who will never/rarely venture there.

Of course they may have also done this to get players out of the Mists and into the world to help up the zone population on a daily basis but I refuse to believe that a hefty enough of the game’s active playerbase is tied up doing FotM.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

It’s called daily wars for a reason, everything from dragons to dungeon rewards revolve around dailies. It’s pathetic, why I quit playing. GW2 wasn’t the best of games before, but now that I have to log in every day to keep up is just… WoW 2.0

Especially with laurels… lawl, terrible terrible design. “play your way” yeah right.. maybe if you wanna be poor the entirety of the game and never get ascended gear.

If you can’t even be bothered to log in occasionally to do simple tasks in exchange for END GAME gear then MMO games as an entire genre is not for you.

While you are at it you might as well not play any other online games where there’s ANY progression whatsoever because if you can’t even stand the minimal effort that it takes to do dailies(Which is completely OPTIONAL) in GW2 then you aren’t cut out to do anything.

In fact just quit online games all together and save us from your inane rants on the forums. That would be much appreciated.

Sorry I have a social life and am not home every. single. day. and for that I don’t deserve the best gear?

Let me take you back to GW1, where gear didn’t mean squat and skill mattered. The end.

I could miss a few days and it wouldn’t matter one bit. None of this laurel trash was in the game.

edit; btw if you think gear treadmill is progression… then lol. Enjoy progressing on that next tier… and the next…. such progression amirite

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

Posted by: KiLLiAN.5629

KiLLiAN.5629

How exactly am I punished? Economically. Everyone who completes the dailies gets some silvers + mystic coin + a Jar of karma accompanied by some experience.

I have no problem with the fact that players are being rewarded for playing in a certain way but I do have a problem when that reward directly punish people who don’t.

You could generally say the same about people who complete dungeons. They get tokens and it’s unfair for people who don’t play dungeons, cause they don’t get gold, items, xp and karma.

Anyway, take a look at any RPG game – the rules are simple: you complete quest A, you get reward B. It’s a sidequest, so you can still progress without completing it.

A game has to offer something to all kinds of audience. Some people just come in to play for a short time, but others devote their time to farming, grinding and the game has to have something to offer to all of them. Daily quests are a perfect solution IMHO, they don’t offer too good rewards nor they are hard to complete.

btw if you think gear treadmill is progression… then lol. Enjoy progressing on that next tier… and the next…. such progression amirite

Adding one tier of ascended items (with stats not much better than exotics) is hardly a treadmill – the difference is negligible. People who need a goal in the game have it and people who don’t have time to get those items are not put in a situation where they can’t play with others because of gear score/item level barrier. Win/win situation.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Let me take you back to GW1, where gear didn’t mean squat and skill mattered. The end.

Skill didn’t matter, skills mattered. As in, the eight slots on the bar and your Attribute setup. Get the right eight and the attributes to run them, you didn’t need to do more than stay awake and spam keys sometimes to just walk through PvE.

Even as a ranger, 90% of all four parts of the game were easy enough to blow through without resorting to broken skills like Ursan’s Blessing, Ebon Vanguard Supports, or Pain Inverter.

It was PvP that required actual skill. Well, either that or the latest build that the metagame served up as being inexplicably more useful to steamroll the unprepared people facing you.

I could miss a few days and it wouldn’t matter one bit. None of this laurel trash was in the game.

Zaishen Coins.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Rukia.4802

Skill didn’t matter, skills mattered. As in, the eight slots on the bar and your Attribute setup. Get the right eight and the attributes to run them, you didn’t need to do more than stay awake and spam keys sometimes to just walk through PvE.

Even as a ranger, 90% of all four parts of the game were easy enough to blow through without resorting to broken skills like Ursan’s Blessing, Ebon Vanguard Supports, or Pain Inverter.

It was PvP that required actual skill. Well, either that or the latest build that the metagame served up as being inexplicably more useful to steamroll the unprepared people facing you.

Zaishen Coins.

Are you trying to say envoy weapons had stats that were better than your current equipment because they didn’t. It was all truly optional grind with nothing more than an appearance change. There was nothing to keep up with.

Go play a GvG match with any meta build and play like a pro… so easy as long as you have the build and correct attributes right, right? Just spam 1234 like in GW2 right? lol.. try spamming your rupts on ranger and be useless 99% of the time.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

This game is suppose to be play how you want and I love that BUT i do not like the dailies because I don’t want to “slay 40 monsters at X” or “kill 10 enemes in WvW”. Granted, I am not forced to do them but I am certainly punish if I don’t and I think that’s quite unfair in a “play how you want” game.

How exactly am I punished? Economically. Everyone who completes the dailies gets some silvers + mystic coin + a Jar of karma accompanied by some experience.

I have no problem with the fact that players are being rewarded for playing in a certain way but I do have a problem when that reward directly punish people who don’t. What this means is that gold will be inflated(thanks to money and coin reward + karma conversion to gold) and thus, the people who completes dailies will NEGATIVELY impact others who don’t.

Experience and achievement points are okay because it directly reward the intended player but does not negatively impact others, unlike the monetary reward.

Thoughts?

I am being punished for having wasted time reading this. Time is money and thus the time it took for me to read your post and reply has wasted me valuable $$.

I believe you owe me, I accept email money transfers.

Sarcasm aside. Disagree completely.

1. You can choose which dailies you do, and they are often very very easy
2. You are rewarded for completing a task, that is how this and many many other games work (especially RPGs)
3. May I ask what you like to spend your time doing?

4. Am I punished because I do not Arah armor, because I have not run the Arah dungeon?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Zaishen Coins.

Are you trying to say envoy weapons had stats that were better than your current equipment because they didn’t. It was all truly optional grind with nothing more than an appearance change. There was nothing to keep up with.

No, I’m trying to say we had Laurels before GW2. It’s just that the build of the game didn’t permit them to give you a significant advantage. Well, aside from being able to get Zaishen Keys or other goodies easily, which could be transformed into liquid cash fairly easily.

Envoy Weapons were cool but oh my GOD were they overpriced.

Go play a GvG match with any meta build and play like a pro… so easy as long as you have the build and correct attributes right, right? Just spam 1234 like in GW2 right? lol.. try spamming your rupts on ranger and be useless 99% of the time.

Nope, but not understanding the meta is what got me relegated to “no thanks, Tobias, I think we’re good”. I didn’t really try the PvP all that much after being pretty much faceplanted repeatedly by teams which would focus on the ranger before the monk. Why? We went down easier.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Rukia.4802

Zaishen Coins.

No, I’m trying to say we had Laurels before GW2. It’s just that the build of the game didn’t permit them to give you a significant advantage. Well, aside from being able to get Zaishen Keys or other goodies easily, which could be transformed into liquid cash fairly easily.

Nope, but not understanding the meta is what got me relegated to “no thanks, Tobias, I think we’re good”. I didn’t really try the PvP all that much after being pretty much faceplanted repeatedly by teams which would focus on the ranger before the monk. Why? We went down easier.

I will agree they were insanely overpriced lol, well if you went down being the only one focused then your prot monk sucked, nothing easier than keeping a single target up which is why pressure should always be split with spikes in between.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Zaishen Coins.

I will agree they were insanely overpriced lol, well if you went down being the only one focused then your prot monk sucked, nothing easier than keeping a single target up which is why pressure should always be split with spikes in between.

See, I’m not a pro PvP player. I’m barely an amateur one, I watched enough and heard enough from some amateur/pro players to have seen trends but not how to either ride in front or take advantage of.

You are talking to a ranger who could never land D Shot. Savage Shot? I could land that on anything no problem (even Res Signets or the occasional Mesmer interrupt), but D Shot? Never. Would. Connect.

I have absolutely no idea why. It’s why I mainly stuck to PvE and occasionally dipped into the two Factions arenas (except Aspenwood. I hated Aspenwood) . . . and even then there was a wealth of gimmicky builds which were less about skill and more about employing a gimmick.

Anyway, I have yet to actually touch PvP in this game . . . mostly because I’m not compelled to beyond the limited experiences of WvW. It’s a wonderfully chaotic experience which is sure to make me rage quietly at how ineffective I am at keeping daggers out of my back.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Anyway, I have yet to actually touch PvP in this game . . . mostly because I’m not compelled to beyond the limited experiences of WvW. It’s a wonderfully chaotic experience which is sure to make me rage quietly at how ineffective I am at keeping daggers out of my back.

Since we’re merrily romping around off-topic territory, being massively incompetent is probably one my favourite things about my limited hours in WvWvW. I doubt it makes me any friends, but sprinting around trying my darndest and getting bounced around by folks more skilled than I am is just part of the fun for me – it’s more a game of scrappy, desperate survival than anything glorious and heroic and I’m cool with that.

Behold: Opinions!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Since we’re merrily romping around off-topic territory, being massively incompetent is probably one my favourite things about my limited hours in WvWvW. I doubt it makes me any friends, but sprinting around trying my darndest and getting bounced around by folks more skilled than I am is just part of the fun for me – it’s more a game of scrappy, desperate survival than anything glorious and heroic and I’m cool with that.

I tip my IBC Cream Soda (no alcohol on weekdays) to you on that one. I like to have fun and worrying about not being the best or even “any good” at PvP . . . isn’t fun for me.

So I just go “stuff it in a trebuchet and launch it, because I’m just going to show up and try to do something useful . . . and if I fail, try to not take everyone else down with me”.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Sorry I have a social life and am not home every. single. day. and for that I don’t deserve the best gear?

Your alleged “social life” doesn’t entitle you to free things.

If you don’t invest time and effort in something then you don’t get the reward.

That’s a fact of life.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

That’s a fact of life.

Dailies don’t mimic anything in life though. I work 40 hours per week in 4 days and get paid the same as someone who works 5 days per week 8 hours per day for the same job. According to your logic, the guy working 5 days per week should get paid more then me, just because he is there more days.

The fact is in this game, someone can put in more time and effort then someone else, and get rewarded less.

So quit saying what I quoted, because in this game it is not true at all for so many things.

Now Mackdose.6504 made a compelling counter argument that makes a good point

While that would work on paper, it also counters why dailies were put in: to get people playing every day to populate the open world.

With the weekly, we’d see overflow weekends and dead non-peak.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I have no problem with the fact that players are being rewarded for playing in a certain way but I do have a problem when that reward directly punish people who don’t.

Everything can be looked at that way. I’ll never get my WvW titles because I don’t like WvW and never play it. Am I being punished? No. I’m not being rewarded for content I don’t participate in.

If you log in and don’t do your dailies you aren’t being punished.

Aren’t you playing and having fun? If you are playing, what are you doing that precludes you from doing your daily?

Are you being punished because you don’t get a rare because you didn’t want to do a boss event? No. You didn’t do the event. The people who did the event are being given the rewards for doing said event.

Same thing.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Why can’t a daily be simple and fun???? Their current dailies are !*&#&^!^&!#. It should be something like kill 150 creatures, done. I mean killing things=gameplay but gathering crap or spending Karma is more annoying than anything else.

“Gathering crap?”

Holy smokes, that’s the easiest one of them all.

Visiting a laurels vendor is easier. Btw its not about it being easy but more like do i want to mine crap if i’m mainly doing dungeons? Hell no.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

edit; btw if you think gear treadmill is progression… then lol. Enjoy progressing on that next tier… and the next…. such progression amirite

You deserve it, after you play for it. In games, it doesn’t come down to “deserving” or not based on your real life. It comes down to what you do in the game and how well you do it. Am I right? Who are we to say that you don’t deserve it because you have a life? But then, who’s to say that other gamers that game more than you don’t deserve more than you? What if those gamers actually had a life too, but they perform their real life duties at 2x the pace or work? … Really, we can’t say who deserves it or not based on real life. It just comes down to “Do you deserve it based on what you did in-game?” That ultimately comes down to how well you play. Well in this case refers to managing time on a daily basis. Not everyone will be good at it, and that’s okay because not everyone needs to be good at every single thing right?

(edited by kenshinakh.3672)

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Anyone who wishes to play a game with other people has to evaluate their available resources (time, money, skills, etc) and attempt to engage with the game and its other players accordingly.

We all love comparisons and analogies so lets put it this way – if I want to play battlebots with my other geeks I have to be able to put in the time and cash to acquire parts, in which I can apply one skill and more time to construct, and then apply a different skills, more time and more cash to play.

However chances are I will sit on the internet looking for sympathy because I don’t have the time to build my bot due to my social life, but I deserve to compete and frankly be given a trophy because my heart is in the right place aye.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

Seriously? Even stupid mice have figured out effort = reward.

thisolderhead.5127

True true, but over simplified in this case because there is actually one case in which it is possible to put in more time / actions / whatever in blocks within the a cycle (between resets) than another player does spread out across cycles and gain less rewards from the specific mechanic.

Of course to try to make that argument work you have to somehow ignore the simple fact that longer blocks of gameplay allow for different activities which are rewarded in different mechanics… mind you those activities tend to require greater engagement with other players…

I wonder if the OP and the others who share their point of view are big on the party play.

Please try again.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

That’s a fact of life.

Dailies don’t mimic anything in life though. I work 40 hours per week in 4 days and get paid the same as someone who works 5 days per week 8 hours per day for the same job. According to your logic, the guy working 5 days per week should get paid more then me, just because he is there more days.

The fact is in this game, someone can put in more time and effort then someone else, and get rewarded less.

So quit saying what I quoted, because in this game it is not true at all for so many things.

Now Mackdose.6504 made a compelling counter argument that makes a good point

While that would work on paper, it also counters why dailies were put in: to get people playing every day to populate the open world.

I never said gw2 was like every job. That’s your strawman.

I simply said in this life it’s unreasonable to expect a reward when you don’t put in the investment in time and/or effort.

Your analogy about work and dailies is incorrect.

The correct analogy would be if you were being paid hourly with 8 hours/day but you choose to not show up 3 days out of a week yet you still expect to be paid for those 3 days.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

True true, but over simplified in this case because there is actually one case in which it is possible to put in more time / actions / whatever in blocks within the a cycle (between resets) than another player does spread out across cycles and gain less rewards from the specific mechanic.

Of course to try to make that argument work you have to somehow ignore the simple fact that longer blocks of gameplay allow for different activities which are rewarded in different mechanics… mind you those activities tend to require greater engagement with other players…

I wonder if the OP and the others who share their point of view are big on the party play.

True but most MMO’s are based on mob mentality if someone gets a bigger piece of the pie even if they do more work a fit is going to be thrown and the dev’s will hear about it,A LOT.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

This game is suppose to be play how you want and I love that BUT i do not like the dailies because I don’t want to “slay 40 monsters at X” or “kill 10 enemes in WvW”. Granted, I am not forced to do them but I am certainly punish if I don’t and I think that’s quite unfair in a “play how you want” game.

I have no problem with the fact that players are being rewarded for playing in a certain way but I do have a problem when that reward directly punish people who don’t. What this means is that gold will be inflated(thanks to money and coin reward + karma conversion to gold) and thus, the people who completes dailies will NEGATIVELY impact others who don’t.

Experience and achievement points are okay because it directly reward the intended player but does not negatively impact others, unlike the monetary reward.

Thoughts?

I often miss my dailies, either I can’t get online or I have limited time I have to dedicate to running guild activities instead. I probably do about 3-4 a week, sometimes less and sometimes more.

Thing is, I don’t feel in any way that I’m being priced out of the market for anything. I can still afford my exos, wp costs, repairs etc, just as I could before the daily update.

In my opinion you are a complaining about a problem that isn’t there and I don’t believe will ever come about. Anet are very careful about balancing the economy and won’t allow massive gold inflation as it would negatively affect their gem sales.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Had you read the OP, you would have noticed it was not about his getting or not getting the daily reward, it was about not wanting others to get rewards that increased their supply of coin. This was due to his conclusion that it devalued his pile of virtual cash. The thread has been hijacked since then. However, lumping the OP in with others who’ve posted lately might not be accurate.

thisolderhead.5127

Granted – OP I do apologise if you do not hold the view I suggested.

But for those who do hold that view – you are all still wrong.

Thanks Indigo.

Please try again.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

If you choose to skip a few dailies then you have no right to complain about not getting laurels on those days since rewards are based on time/effort invested as is the standard for reward for ALL mainstream online MMOs.

It would be unfair to those that actually put time in to get their laurels on those days for you to get any special consideration.

Time and effort you say? I play 24 hours per week, but only on 3 days per week, I get 3 laurels per week. Some guildies of mine only play 1-2 hours a day for 7 days a week, and they get 7 laurels.

I’m sorry, but getting laurels has nothing to do with time, it is just logging in every day play for 1 hour and get the reward.

Dailies were a bad idea, should have been a weekly with 7 tiers, where each tier gives you the same reward as a daily. This way if you play for 7 days 1-2 hours per day you can get the weekly done and get the 7 laurels, and if you play 3 days 8 hours per day, you can still get the 7 laurels.

That is a good counter point. How about taking the BiS Item that is only available through laurels, and give other ways to obtain it? Would that get rid of the incentive to log in every day? I would imagine people would still want to get as many laurels as possible for the other stuff on the laurel store.

And you’d be absolutely correct in that assumption.

I think having a sole BiS item exclusive to each type of reward structure is a good idea, personally. It encourages trying new things (fractals for back pieces, guild missions for earrings, laurels for amulets)

I can definitely see my opinion not being the popular one in this case.

I would have agreed with you some time ago. And as an example, it was the monthly reward in December that got me into Fractals. But there is not a single thing on that list of daily “tasks” that I have not done a million times already. I think it would be pretty awesome if they did challenge me to do new things, but they don’t.

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I’m usually not interested in doing dailies for the “laurels”.
Dailies were one of the reasons I weaned off WoW (back in the day)

I maximize my daily “to do” bar, scream like the goat in this video, then minimize it and go back to having fun ingame.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Kinda like people who milk unemployment.

Waaaaa I’m being punished for not working 40hrs/week! I should be able to live my life the way I want to and it isn’t fair that I don’t get the same perks as the people who are gainfully employed! The people who are making all the money should have to give it to those who don’t make as much so that everyone gets the same benefit regardless of amount of work done!

I’m pretty sure my tax dollars are paying for OPs lifestyle right now.

You want the SLIGHT benefits of doing dailies, do the dailies. If you want to delude yourself into thinking the dailies have any significant impact on the in-game economy, you can do that too. (with no data to prove it— in fact prices for almost everything have gone down)

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Had you read the OP, you would have noticed it was not about his getting or not getting the daily reward, it was about not wanting others to get rewards that increased their supply of coin. This was due to his conclusion that it devalued his pile of virtual cash. The thread has been hijacked since then. However, lumping the OP in with others who’ve posted lately might not be accurate.

Soo… basically…

He wants people that do the dailies to be punished?

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

^You are not punished. You are just not rewarded. Huge difference. Why are you not rewarded? Because you didn’t do the event, and they did. Do you expect to gain when you dont even bother to log in now?

I dont do fractals so im punished by not getting free ascended gear? Hell NO

You are not going to get paid if you dont go to work.

^^ This!!!
Of course you must reward those that do, and not reward those that don’t bother – if you don’t do daily, others will get their rewards and you will stand still in the “market economy”.
You don’t reap rewards if you don’t sow anything… complaining that you don’t or that those who do should neither is just selfish.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Yeah, that 5 whole silver you get for finishing it really throws the economy out of whack.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Oh boy this one again here we go >.>

With the old system, it was unfair and too hard
With the new system it’s unfair and too hard
If they removed dailies it would be unfair and would be punishing people
Am I getting it right?

All people do is whine and complain when the handouts don’t come fast enough. I honestly don’t know what would make these people happy. You give them easier dailies that they can choose parts out of to do that are easier for them and they complain. If you took it away entirely they would complain. There is no pleasing people like this other than just mailing them the daily reward for just logging in to the game for 15 seconds. That’s really what they want to happen……

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Jemmi.6058

Still cannot tell if this is a troll thread

In the off chance that it’s not, can you not see that if everything was handed freely to you that the game would get boring very fast?

Here are some other comparisons that might enlighten you to see how ridiculous this is..

1. I do not like farming for gold, but I want to buy a legendary off the TP. It’s not fair for me that I have to have so much gold but do not want to farm gold.

2. I do not like the story, but I want the pact weapon. This should juts be given to me when I log into the game, why do I have to complete the story?

3. It’s not fair that other people who have spent hours completing dungeons have cooler looking armor than me. I want that armor, but i hate dungeons.

4. I want to show off the title that I explored the world of Tyria, but I hate exploring and doing all the heart quests. This title should just be given to me by default.

Maybe this helps?

Posted by: Scyte.2801

Scyte.2801

In the off chance that it’s not, can you not see that if everything was handed freely to you that the game would get boring very fast?

Here are some other comparisons that might enlighten you to see how ridiculous this is..

1. I do not like farming for gold, but I want to buy a legendary off the TP. It’s not fair for me that I have to have so much gold but do not want to farm gold.

2. I do not like the story, but I want the pact weapon. This should juts be given to me when I log into the game, why do I have to complete the story?

3. It’s not fair that other people who have spent hours completing dungeons have cooler looking armor than me. I want that armor, but i hate dungeons.

4. I want to show off the title that I explored the world of Tyria, but I hate exploring and doing all the heart quests. This title should just be given to me by default.

Maybe this helps?

Let me rephrase the case here. Dailies are by no means part of the “Working hard to earn glorious rewards” You log in and you basically get them thrown at you while you’re playing.

The real issue is though, that you have to log in every day to keep up with the maximum ammount of rewards you can get. Look at it this way:

- Person A plays 24 hours a week, he can only log in 3 times a week and those days he logs about 8 hours of playtime.
- Person B plays only 7 hours a week, 1 hour every day.

These 2 people both really want an Ascended Amulet, this is their primary goal that goes before anything else. Now use common sense and think about what person deserves an Ascended Amulet sooner than the other.
That’s right, person A invests more time in the game and therefore should be rewarded with an Ascended Amulet sooner than person B

In reality though, person B can get his Amulet more than twice as fast!! while playing less than a third of what person A plays! Where is the logic in that?

Right, because you are restricted to 1 daily achievement per day, and can only earn 1 laurel per day, no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try. So your post is kind of invalid here.

I personally am really against this reward system. If laurels could only earn cosmetic items, like weapon skins etc, it would be great. Sadly they decided to make this the only way to earn a best-in-slot item.

Jemmi.6058

Maybe this helps?

Let me rephrase the case here. Dailies are by no means part of the “Working hard to earn glorious rewards” You log in and you basically get them thrown at you while you’re playing.

The real issue is though, that you have to log in every day to keep up with the maximum ammount of rewards you can get. Look at it this way:

- Person A plays 24 hours a week, he can only log in 3 times a week and those days he logs about 8 hours of playtime.
- Person B plays only 7 hours a week, 1 hour every day.

These 2 people both really want an Ascended Amulet, this is their primary goal that goes before anything else. Now use common sense and think about what person deserves an Ascended Amulet sooner than the other.
That’s right, person A invests more time in the game and therefore should be rewarded with an Ascended Amulet sooner than person B

In reality though, person B can get his Amulet more than twice as fast!! while playing less than a third of what person A plays! Where is the logic in that?

Right, because you are restricted to 1 daily achievement per day, and can only earn 1 laurel per day, no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try. So your post is kind of invalid here.

I personally am really against this reward system. If laurels could only earn cosmetic items, like weapon skins etc, it would be great. Sadly they decided to make this the only way to earn a best-in-slot item.

Return argument.

Person A can play more hours at once; consequently, person A can run Fractals.

Person B only gets 1 hour a day and chooses to use that hour to do dailies.

Now it is unfair, because person B’s playtime does not allow them to enjoy doing fractals over and over again to get the better loot and ascended items through that route.

Person A and B both receive ascended gear, but via different means (Fractals and Dailies).

Note: I disagree entirely with this. I do NOT think it is unfair that Person B cannot do dailies. It is due to their playtime that they cannot.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I find the new dailys very accomodating of various playstyles so I don’t know what the problem would be. If you don’t want to do the locational ones there are usually other options.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

And what do you think the older version of the daily consisted of? Did you complain then?

If so, then IMO, this game is not for you.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

The only argument I would venture is that dailies should be weeklies. Many people work long hours and/or have a long commute- yet have a great deal of time to play on the weekends. If one could only accrue dailies to complete at a later time…

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

The only argument I would venture is that dailies should be weeklies. Many people work long hours and/or have a long commute- yet have a great deal of time to play on the weekends. If one could only accrue dailies to complete at a later time…

I don’t think this would happen because ANet wan’t people to log on every day (or as much as you can manage) to keep the community alive.

I’ve done every daily so far since January. Would I feel as if I was being punished if I didn’t do them? Hell no. But I would be very dirty on myself if I didn’t log on and get the Laurel. In this way ANet has succeeded in getting me to log on every day where I possibly wouldn’t, even if it’s to do things I hate. Believe me, every day when I do my daily I ask myself ‘why can’t I stop!’

The answer might be rather simple, addiction.

That is why I think ANet have made the daily system the way it is, to give us a ‘cyber hit’ in the form of a Laurel that we become dependent on (as soon as I get home from work I gotta get my hit). This also might be why some people are getting vocal in the hate for the new system, not because it’s hard or time consuming, but because they can’t stop doing crap in the form of a grocery list they don’t want to or they’ll miss that hit they’ve been trained to depend on. Don’t be surprised if ANet have looked into the psychology of the method, it feels to me like they know exactly what they are doing.

(edited by StormageddonBK.9842)

thisolderhead.5127

Nope.

It has been explored, in no small part in other threads but also here, adequately to identify that there isn’t really a problem here – just some “have nots” of varying degrees.

The entire post I’ve quoted should refer to my last regarding realistic expectations and personal investment – as should every possible mutation of it.

“Dead horse – I can only play once a week or so because, well it doesn’t matter but I need you to reach out to meeeeeeeeee!”

Please try again.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Daily achievements used to come naturally since it all could be done in one zone most of the time.

Now a DA has you running everywhere… What if I wanted to just park my butt in Queensdale all day and enjoy the atmosphere all the while getting an achievement.

When a game forces you to do something it feels so much like a chore. Yah no one is forcing you to complete a DA but still , back in earlier days of GW2 it was a breeze and it didn’t feel like " crap I gotta get my Daily achievements done"

This could also be the effects of laurels. What say you?

Posted by: tcat.6725

tcat.6725

Daily achievements used to come naturally since it all could be done in one zone most of the time.

Now a DA has you running everywhere… What if I wanted to just park my butt in Queensdale all day and enjoy the atmosphere all the while getting an achievement.

When a game forces you to do something it feels so much like a chore. Yah no one is forcing you to complete a DA but still , back in earlier days of GW2 it was a breeze and it didn’t feel like " crap I gotta get my Daily achievements done"

This could also be the effects of laurels. What say you?

You realize it is called an achievement? They give you plenty of ways to get it done. they also give you a reason to get off your butt and explore different parts of the game. Then again if that does not appeal to you, no need to try and achieve something. Just ignore it.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Ask yourself

What would you like to do instead?

Is not doing the dailies preventing you from doing it?

If not doing the dailies isn’t preventing from you doing what you like to do, why don’t you just do what you like to do?

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

It only has this effect if you allow it. If it feels like a chore, don’t do it. Skipping it when you want to be bothered is not going to cause your mmo world to crashing down about your ears. Truly.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Honestly, after you get your Amulet, there’s really no point in doing the dailies. It takes 20-days + monthly to do that. After less than 3 weeks worth of work, you never have to look at Dailies ever again.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I like the Dailies because they give me direction if I’m online just to goof around. And even then, I can accomplish most Dailies by just doing what I was going to do anyway.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

If you don’t like it don’t do it. Also don’t use the excuse of it’s not fair because I miss out on the rewards (not saying its an excuse you would use but others frequently do in these topics) because why should you get them for not doing the content? Should I get dungeon tokens without doing dungeons? No and the same goes for people with dailys

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

then stop doing them

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

I agree with the OP and i think dailies are now a chore because the only way to get laurels is through dailies and monthlies (i don’t have a problem with monthlies personally). The dailies aren’t hard, just tedious, but i always have to keep up with getting the daily done before reset otherwise i lose my progress (and a chance at a laurel) and have to start over.

Personally i’d love to be rewarded for laurels for just playing anything like achievement tied laurels. Say complete lvl 30/60/80 story quest on a toon, explore a place, etc. Just not tied to the daily. I feel like the daily should be separate from laurels.

(edited by Shuguard.7125)

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Honestly, I haven’t had a problem.
I was just running WvW the other day, and all of a sudden I got a Dailies chest. I forgot that they had reset already, and thought that I’d somehow gotten two in one day, because I had gotten my previous daily hardly 2hrs earlier.

Just park your butt in Queensdale if you want, and do your regular thing. Glance at it 15-20min before you’re about to log out in case you haven’t gotten the reward, and finish the few things you’ll have left (you won’t have much – maybe some crafting or a laurel vendor visit).