in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bigtime.7410

bigtime.7410

Why would I do a daily? pfft stupid

Dailies discussion [Merged thread]

Posted by: bigtime.7410

bigtime.7410

Here a list of stuff to do, go do it little monkey!! yeah right… ill play the way I want to thanks.

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I like the dailies.

Usually they are completed without paying any special attention. All the tasks are things you do in the game anyway. I don’t understand why some people complain about the dailies?!!?

Posted by: Hully.7198

Hully.7198

Look, everyone plays the games slightly different, before the change I completed my dailies 90% of the time by just playing. Since the change to dailies I’ve not completed one, there is always one daily task I just don’t do in the way I play and the limited time I have.

Give us a pick list say 4 from a list of 6 or not which is fine it just some will never complete another daily…

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

You guys are treating these chores as if they are required. Just don’t do them.

Posted by: Hully.7198

Hully.7198

Your completly right, chores, the perfect word for the new daily system.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I actually have 4631 achievement points. Only 2890 are tied to the categories listed below so I assume that 1741 come from dailies and monthlys.
Getting “regular achievements” can be pretty easy at first, but it’s going to get harder and harder as you fill the list. On the other side, you are going to get 25 points every time dailies are completed.
In the long run, lets say 2 years, achievement score is going to be tied to how much uninterrupted time have you been playing the game instead of how many things have you played/completed.

Adding N points each time you finish your dailies (or having unlimited achievements like agent of entropy) just kills any sense of achievement for a completionist, which is the only use this score has.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I wonder why moderators merged 2 completly different threads here. One about ascended stuff and mine about achievement points. Really?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: berries.7016

berries.7016

I wonder why moderators merged 2 completly different threads here. One about ascended stuff and mine about achievement points. Really?

Same here, came to check on the discussion about achievements and suddenly it continued with equipment grind. …Well not really wondering anymore. I have come to expect erratic behavior from the mods for some time now.

Edit to not get infraction from being off topic:
Seeing this is a dailies discussion now, I’d like to add how I really would like to be able to turn off the daily progression indicator. It’s great to have for those who do dailies, but it just rubs me the wrong way not even being able to turn it off.

(edited by berries.7016)

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

another grind to get gated ascend gear.
Great job keep it up. Cant wait for the next set of gear so much fun.

Dont do them and get left behind cause you wont have the ascend amulet right?
Mandatory grind.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Achievement points is a stat that determines how much of the game has been completed – i.e. doing all sort of things within the game.

In the future these points will be converted to laurels. ATM these things are sitting on my account doing nothing. I would prefer if I could use them – laurels.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Im sorry, but if you don’t naturally complete at least PART of your dailies, you are just bad.

I play an almost-glass-cannon ranger. It’s not uncommon for me to finish multiple fractal runs without a single death and only a couple of "evade"s (dodge and evade are not the same thing). Am I horrible for not dodging yet never dieing? I usually just run into a giant mob and dodge a couple times to complete it (something I would never do unless it was on my check list). Veterans are easy in FotM but a pain in open world exploration. Gatherer is always a pain. I ignore nodes in low level zones (especially if I have orichalcum tools) and once I’ve done my daily I don’t bother to collect any more. There are no nodes in dungeons so you could play for 10 hours in a day in the hardest dungeon in the game and never complete this. It’s also not uncommon to finish multiple fractal or dungeon runs without revive completed. When you play well, you don’t die.

Its not like you have to do dailies, I doubt there i someone beside you with a gun at your ead screaming at you to do them.

No but their current design is putting all the new equipment gated behind dailies. The future of GW2 (judging on the direction of FotM and laurels) is becoming more and more centric around dailies. Ascended gear is exclusive to dailies in both of the areas you currently can get it from.

People who played WvW were unhappy that you couldn’t get rings from WvW. People who hated FotM were unhappy that you couldn’t get rings from anywhere else in the game. ArenaNet recognised that forcing players to do a certain content and play a certain way was not good for the game. They recognised it as a problem. I think forcing us to do dailies to access that content is the same problem that we had before, just in a different execution. It’s easy to get my daily laurel, that doesn’t mean I enjoy it nor does it mean I don’t have to go out of my way to do it.

“JP/DE/wvw/dungeon/(insert anything) kills GW2 for me.”
Seriouly?Nowadays people are not playing games but played by the game itself?
You can choose not to participate in anything that you find not interesting.
Just keep your pace to play.
There is no need to rush.

I’m not rushing – did you even read the post? It’s impossible to rush, you can’t get the laurels required to get an amulet any faster than anyone else because the requirements for dailies are incredibly easy to accomplish (they can all be completed in Queensdale on a level seven character). If you want ascended gear, you can’t choose. ArenaNet hasn’t given you a choice. You either do daily fractals or daily achievements. If you previously played for three hours a day and in that time didn’t do enough to fulfill either of these daily goals, you now have to change what you do in game on a daily basis. That is a problem. They aren’t letting you play how you want to play, they are herding you into dailies, telling you how to play.

I’ve always had to grind it out, search it out, tick it off like some nagging list.

Perhaps you should reset your goals to something you do enjoy ?

I had no problems doing what I wanted to do before the laurels and pristine relics, but now that the only way to get these items is dailies, I can’t choose to ignore them without choosing to ignore exclusive ways to obtain BIS gear. Before ascended gear, we could run dungeons, we could buy exotics from the TP, we could buy exotics with karma, we could craft it. Although dungeons have daily DR (you could still earn more tokens and it was easily bypassed with a second level 80) it was much easier to manage and less restricting than laurels or FotM dailies.

ArenaNet design decisions have been restricting and limiting the options I have in the game more and more. Now I can only earn one laurel a day (I have five level 80s), I have to grind a dungeon to level up my alts so I can play it on them (I can hop into Arah as soon as I’ve reached that part of the game and earn tokens, I can’t do level 10 or 20 dailies until I’ve repeated that dungeon another pointlessly large amount of time).

Part of the problem with ascended gear in FotM was that it shoehorned players into one area to access the new gear. They are continuing to perpetuate that problem by shoehorning us into dailies. We aren’t free to play how we want to play, if we choose not to jump through ArenaNet’s daily hoops (despite playing their game for hours every day) we don’t get the best rewards in the game.