Dailies no longer geared towards casuals?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The only issue I see with dailies is for players with level 80 characters who own HoT but are not actively playing on a character that’s level 80 or has ever entered any of the HoT areas (other than the guild hall). The daily mechanism doesn’t understand that and simply base the dailies on the level of you highest level character and if you own HoT or not.

I had HoT since launch but have barely scratched any of the maps there as I’ve been slowly leveling a Sylvari, doing both the PS which I’ve never done on any of my characters to completion, LS2 and then HoT. I don’t even have core Tyria map completion yet on this character, or at least waypoints open in every zone.

But besides that I agree with most everyone else here. Dailies are quite easy, even soloing in WvW, to accomplish.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No, but you are complaining they are less casual-friendly when in fact, they have recently been made MORE casual friendly.

Is it hurting the PvP and WvWers at all?

Plus, never was demanding anything from ANet, unlike other threads. I merely thought I had a right to voice my frustration with feeling “locked out” of getting Daily rewards due to not everything in the game appealing to literally everyone.

Also, I thought I gave a relatively good argument and was not “complaining”. Guess people who are not great at every aspect of this game are not allowed to share their struggles in these forums. -_-

I’ll explain something that i think you’re missing.
You don’t need to find PvP appealing in order to do your dailies in a daily PvP server.
If you want to get things done you’re not always going to do things you find appealing and fun.

Also how does viewing a vista, gathering some wood and going into a daily pvp server require that you are “great at every aspect of the game”?

Do you even know what a daily pvp server is?
Nobody fights there – you do not have to know PvP or want to play it to go there and do your daily – it is organized SPECIFICALLY for people to get their dailies and nothing else.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

What the hell with this thread…..dailies take a lot less now actually cause no world boss, u can skip the event completion almost every time and as someone posted above jumping puzzles are freebies (portals). And if thats still too much just go wvw and kill 2 guards…..kitten lazy people.

Are you serious about there being no world bosses for Dailies? That’s ridiculous; it’s always been a staple of Dailies, and I would prefer if they had stayed.

Also, no reason for you to be so rude.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Moyayuki.3619

The only issue I see with dailies is for players with level 80 characters who own HoT but are not actively playing on a character that’s level 80 or has ever entered any of the HoT areas (other than the guild hall). The daily mechanism doesn’t understand that and simply base the dailies on the level of you highest level character and if you own HoT or not.

I had HoT since launch but have barely scratched any of the maps there as I’ve been slowly leveling a Sylvari, doing both the PS which I’ve never done on any of my characters to completion, LS2 and then HoT. I don’t even have core Tyria map completion yet on this character, or at least waypoints open in every zone.

But besides that I agree with most everyone else here. Dailies are quite easy, even soloing in WvW, to accomplish.

I will agree with this. I have an 80 that started the HoT living story and immediately had struggles with Verdant Brink and the difficulty of the enemies. Luckily, yesterday I was able to get a Heart of Maguuma Vista due to at least one of my uncontested WPs in VB had one right next to it. Otherwise, I just enjoy playing my lower-level alts, doing other classes and so forth.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Being a casual player who has a full-time job and doesn’t get to play much when I am able to log in, I feel that recent changes to the Dailies have made it more difficult to complete. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have kept the do-able ones for those of us who have less gametime, while also adding the more intense ones for higher-level toons. As it is now, whenever I log in the list of Dailies that automatically show up on my UI are mostly ones that I don’t have the time nor the level of character for. I realize there are a lot more within the Hero window, of course. But it just feels like the choices have dwindled.

Now, I know some people may jump in here and claim that Dailies are meant to push us out of comfort zone and go explore more content, but not all of us have the time to go to the 80-level zones, run dungeons, or play PvP/WvW. Other people may also state that those of us who can’t play often have no right to earn the Daily rewards, that if the devs created more casual-friendly Daily content, it would be “dumbing down” the Daily system and somehow affect die-hard players.

What do the rest of you think about the changes to the Daily system? And has anyone else had issues pursuing the Dailies as a result? Let’s try to have a friendly, constructive, conversation here, and not attack each other.

I agree with the OP that Dailies aren’t geared toward casual players. Many of the replies say “it took me 9 minutes to do my Dailies, how much more casual do you want?” But “easy” is not the same as “casual”. “Easy” is subjective for one. And WvW is not casual, PvP is not casual, World Bosses are not casual, JP are not casual, etc.. Some people find them easy because they don’t mind or even like that content. But a casual player is generally someone who doesn’t have a lot of time to play AND just wants to spend that time doing what he or she finds fun. They don’t want to put a lot of effort into their fun and they don’t want to be forced to do things they don’t want to do.

If you enjoy putting effort into your fun, that’s great. But a lot of people put effort into their job so they prefer to put less effort into their fun.

Am I saying that people who put less time / effort into the game should get the same rewards as those who put more time / effort in? No. All I’m saying is that I see the OP’s point, and that “easy” does not equal “casual”.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Is this a ligit thread? I mean one game of PvP can be all it takes some days, other days it’s like what? View a vista, gather, do some events, and a JP. How is that not casual friendly?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

wvw can be casual, pvp can be casual and they take no effort, you simply do what you enjoy doing. Walking up to a wvw vendor and buying a thingy take no effort, walking up to a vista takes no effort. etc etc

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Djinn.9245

wvw can be casual, pvp can be casual it and they take no effort, you simply do what you enjoy doing. Walking up to a wvw vendor and buying a thingy take no effort, walking up to a vista takes no effort. etc etc

WvW and PvP might be EASY – if there are no opposing players when you walk in and you can accomplish your goal without conflict, that would be easy. But for those who don’t enjoy PvP conflict, even the potential for that to occur makes those activities UNfun. And since a majority of the Daily list are WvW and PvP, that means for those players who simply dislike PvP conflict and want to avoid it, the Dailies are heavily weighted against them. Of the remaining PvE options, if one is a World Boss and you don’t have that kind of time, that further restricts your choices.

Therefore Dailies are weighted against casual players.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

BrotherBelial.3094

wvw can be casual, pvp can be casual it and they take no effort, you simply do what you enjoy doing. Walking up to a wvw vendor and buying a thingy take no effort, walking up to a vista takes no effort. etc etc

WvW and PvP might be EASY – if there are no opposing players when you walk in and you can accomplish your goal without conflict, that would be easy. But for those who don’t enjoy PvP conflict, even the potential for that to occur makes those activities UNfun. And since a majority of the Daily list are WvW and PvP, that means for those players who simply dislike PvP conflict and want to avoid it, the Dailies are heavily weighted against them. Of the remaining PvE options, if one is a World Boss and you don’t have that kind of time, that further restricts your choices.

That is the funniest thing I’ve read all day. I my self am a casual player, I log in every day, bug I don’t always have time to play. So I grab the log in rewards, but when I have a few hours, the dailies take no time at all.
As for the PvP ones get a friend join an empty game with a friend. Cap all 3 points, kill your friend a few times, normally takes about 5 minutes. For the counter to hit 500, or if you get foefire, cap all 3 point, and kill lord. Match done in about 2-3 minutes. If that’s not casual I don’t know what it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

WvW big spender – spending 25 whole badges – takes place in your starting waypoint, protected by legendary defenders where no pvp can take place. Takes about 10 seconds.

Gathering is always a daily, a vista viewer is always a daily …

You ALREADY get a free reward for logging in, and you want to make the daily easier than it already is. Daily generally take less than 15 minutes to complete fully.

It’s attitudes like that “silver platter nose in the air” that will be the downfall of the economy. You have to work for your money, this is a common practice that humans have been doing for centuries.

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

This has turned into potentially the dumbest thread this forum has ever had going…

For those that are complaining that dailies aren’t casual enough. What is more casual then going to a vista, the almost ever present “harvest/mine/log”, or the prob 20 other options that are casual/easy to do.

At this point you aren’t saying they aren’t for casual players. You are saying that they don’t do the like what 5 minutes of gaming you do where you stand in a city?

I have had nights where i just wvw, just pve, just pvp, hell just map complete and I haven’t had to go out of my way to get them done really. I am not sure how much more casual you want it to be short of just “let me login and give me ap”.

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

Djinn.9245

That is the funniest thing I’ve read all day.

Interesting reply. If you wrote on a forum that you dislike MMO experiences that are “on rails”, I’m not sure what would be funny about that.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No, but you are complaining they are less casual-friendly when in fact, they have recently been made MORE casual friendly.

When days go by where I can not finish the dailies, they are not more casual friendly by any means. I keep hearing “do PvP”. NO, hate PvP. it sucks and has the very worst of the community in it. Will NOT PvP for any reason as it is not “how I want to play”.
Jumping puzzles? again, no. I would be happy if every single puzzle disappeared from the game forever. Activities? once in awhile but I pity the other players as I stand around until the timer runs out, only moving enough to keep from getting kicked.
There have been many different dailies, some better then others but for some reason they seem to keep going back to the worst ones again and again.

It’s because you are choosing to make them more difficult than they really are by dismissing those that you simply do not like.

Actually it’s because they are trying to FORCE me to do game types I do not want to do. Remember, “play the way you want to play”.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

you’re not always going to do things you find appealing and fun.

Then why bother doing them at all?
I don’t know about the rest of you but I play games to have fun. If it’s not fun, there is no reason to play.
Playing a game that is not fun does not sound like any fun to me at all! ;-)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

When days go by where I can not finish the dailies, they are not more casual friendly by any means. I keep hearing “do PvP”. NO, hate PvP. it sucks and has the very worst of the community in it. Will NOT PvP for any reason as it is not “how I want to play”.
Jumping puzzles? again, no. I would be happy if every single puzzle disappeared from the game forever. Activities? once in awhile but I pity the other players as I stand around until the timer runs out, only moving enough to keep from getting kicked.
There have been many different dailies, some better then others but for some reason they seem to keep going back to the worst ones again and again.

It’s because you are choosing to make them more difficult than they really are by dismissing those that you simply do not like.

Actually it’s because they are trying to FORCE me to do game types I do not want to do. Remember, “play the way you want to play”.

What I said still stands. You’re making the choice not to do certain daily achievements.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Actually, you keep forgetting: part of ANet’s goal is to encourage people to try other things. So you can still play the way you want to play — earn 2g via or earn it by chasing world bosses or whatever you like.

tl;dr don’t like enough of the options? don’t do the dailies.

Let’s try not to confuse the concept that “dailies might not be geared towards my preferred style of play” with “dailies are no longer geared towards casual play.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

And, if Dailies have become something you don’t want to play, then don’t play them. They’re not required. Play the way you want to play.

Everyone has their price tag in MMOs as to what amount of entertainment they’re willing to give up for the profit that comes with doing something they don’t want to do (like grind/farm/etc). Dailies are accessible to do, but that doesn’t mean they’re always enjoyable to do. So, peeps gotta ask themselves, “is the 2g +10ap + whatever else worth it?” For me some days this is the case, and some days it isn’t…

Accessible for casuals and enjoyable by casuals are two different topics inadvertently getting smashed together in this conversation.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

How exactly are you being “FORCED” as you put it? Does your account get banned if you don’t do a daily? Do you get locked out of playing any particular way because you didn’t do a daily? Are the rewards so unique that you cannot play without them?

C’mon, if you don’t want to do the daily there is no lasting ramification for you choosing to spend your playtime doing other things. However if you want the reward then do what is required for said reward (which in this case isn’t much).

Look at it this way. The daily is a reward for completing a set of tasks. It is completely optional in every way. If you want the reward, complete the tasks. If the reward is not worth the effort required for it then simply don’t do it. It is the definition of optional

So, “play as you want” still completely applies here. Do you want the daily reward, if so then play as needed to get it. If you don’t, then that is perfectly fine, just don’t do it.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

BrotherBelial.3094

That is the funniest thing I’ve read all day.

Interesting reply. If you wrote on a forum that you dislike MMO experiences that are “on rails”, I’m not sure what would be funny about that.

What? What are you even talking about?

Hexinx.1872

~ Hot Job opportunity just in ~

Daytime Procrastinator

Seeking casual individual, lacking in motivation who likes to wane the days away sipping on that lemon infused alkaline water chatting with their friends over social media while sitting at the same table.

Requirements:

- Socialite on social media taking opposing sides from the oppressors
- A ‘does not conform’ attitude
- A powerful voice for change (focusing on creating more convenience for the general population, especially where convenience already exists)
- A ‘Likes to take the easy way’ swagger

Preference given to those with experience in spending inheritance fast, and lacking in work experience.

Please apply online ‘at:’ wedeservemorefreestuff or alternatively send your video applications to lovestowastetime ‘at:’ livingthefreelife.org

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Play how you want was how they described the leveling experience where you’re not required to run dungeons or kill mobs over and over for XP, but can mix and match your chosen activities to do what you want to level to 80. It’s not about having 12 choices and not liking all of them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Djinn.9245

Everyone has their price tag in MMOs as to what amount of entertainment they’re willing to give up for the profit that comes with doing something they don’t want to do (like grind/farm/etc).

You do realize that unless you’re a gold seller there is no actual profit, right? It is ALL supposed to be entertainment.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Everyone has their price tag in MMOs as to what amount of entertainment they’re willing to give up for the profit that comes with doing something they don’t want to do (like grind/farm/etc).

You do realize that unless you’re a gold seller there is no actual profit, right? It is ALL supposed to be entertainment.

ROFL you seem to be taking the word ‘profit’ to mean RL money. Profit in this case means what you gain in exchange for doing what you don’t enjoy. This can mean gold and ap like in the case of dailies… but it can mean other stuff, too. You give up one thing to gain another.

~EW

edit: and while ideally it should all be about entertainment, it’s not. That’s an impossible standard. It’s about engagement. You can be engaged in an activity, even find it addicting, without it necessarily being entertaining – welcome to MMOs. It’s also about having a broad player base with different interests that need catering to. So, there will ALWAYS be things easy and hard that you won’t enjoy, but the potential for profit (gold, ap, etc) will inform your decision on whether or not you do it.

Djinn.9245

Look at it this way. The daily is a reward for completing a set of tasks. It is completely optional in every way. If you want the reward, complete the tasks.

A system designed to reward players for participating daily should be open to all types of players. Not only players who like or don’t mind certain types of content. Anyone familiar with MMOs in general knows that a LARGE percentage of players seriously dislike PvP, and yet GW2 dailies are mainly PvP oriented. This is simply a fact.

It is obvious that ANet wants to reward those players more than PvE players. Wanting to reward one group of players over another is unfair. I’m not saying that ANet shouldn’t do whatever they want – its their game. But there’s nothing wrong with the players on the short end of the stick complaining about it.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Being a casual player who has a full-time job and doesn’t get to play much when I am able to log in, I feel that recent changes to the Dailies have made it more difficult to complete. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have kept the do-able ones for those of us who have less gametime, while also adding the more intense ones for higher-level toons. As it is now, whenever I log in the list of Dailies that automatically show up on my UI are mostly ones that I don’t have the time nor the level of character for. I realize there are a lot more within the Hero window, of course. But it just feels like the choices have dwindled.

Now, I know some people may jump in here and claim that Dailies are meant to push us out of comfort zone and go explore more content, but not all of us have the time to go to the 80-level zones, run dungeons, or play PvP/WvW. Other people may also state that those of us who can’t play often have no right to earn the Daily rewards, that if the devs created more casual-friendly Daily content, it would be “dumbing down” the Daily system and somehow affect die-hard players.

What do the rest of you think about the changes to the Daily system? And has anyone else had issues pursuing the Dailies as a result? Let’s try to have a friendly, constructive, conversation here, and not attack each other.

I agree with the OP that Dailies aren’t geared toward casual players. Many of the replies say “it took me 9 minutes to do my Dailies, how much more casual do you want?” But “easy” is not the same as “casual”. “Easy” is subjective for one. And WvW is not casual, PvP is not casual, World Bosses are not casual, JP are not casual, etc..

That’s a whole lot of stuff coming form someone who obviously hasn’t investigated these things.

Easy doesn’t mean casual … doing things on your own timeline means casual and many of the dailies are exactly that … able to be done when YOU want to do them.

Furthermore, most of those things you list are casual, not only because you can do them when you want to, but because people have set them up to be that way. For instance, PVP dailies are almost faster to do than PVE ones, because people have made specific PVP rooms JUST for people to complete their dailies …

So no, you don’t need to be a PVP expert to get your dailies from PVP as a casual PVE player. Your post shows so much lack of knowledge.

Djinn.9245

ROFL you seem to be taking the word ‘profit’ to mean RL money. Profit in this case means what you gain in exchange for doing what you don’t enjoy. This can mean gold and ap like in the case of dailies… but it can mean other stuff, too. You give up one thing to gain another.

~EW

What other kind of profit would I do something I don’t enjoy for? Are you telling me you do things you don’t enjoy for some kind of imaginary profit? Why on earth would anyone waste the little precious time they have in this life doing something they don’t enjoy for something imaginary?

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

you dont have to win pvp to get achievements. aside from this not liking a thing does not make it non-casual friendly, this is just an abuse once again of the word casual. Casual player play pvp,wvw,zones,instances.

This is an modern complaint, a player with a narrow perspective on a mmo think the list should be chocka block full of things that just exactly automagically suits their own personal desire.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Djinn.9245

I agree with the OP that Dailies aren’t geared toward casual players. Many of the replies say “it took me 9 minutes to do my Dailies, how much more casual do you want?” But “easy” is not the same as “casual”. “Easy” is subjective for one. And WvW is not casual, PvP is not casual, World Bosses are not casual, JP are not casual, etc..

That’s a whole lot of stuff coming form someone who obviously hasn’t investigated these things.

Easy doesn’t mean casual

That’s what I said.

… doing things on your own timeline means casual

Again, that’s what I said.

and many of the dailies are exactly that … able to be done when YOU want to do them.

Not sure what this has to do with my post, but OK.

Furthermore, most of those things you list are casual, not only because you can do them when you want to, but because people have set them up to be that way. For instance, PVP dailies are almost faster to do than PVE ones, because people have made specific PVP rooms JUST for people to complete their dailies …

So no, you don’t need to be a PVP expert to get your dailies

I never said you had to be a PvP expert to do dailies. I said that some people don’t LIKE PvP.

Obtena.7952

So no, you don’t need to be a PVP expert to get your dailies

I never said you had to be a PvP expert to do dailies. I said that some people don’t LIKE PvP.

You don’t need to like PVP … because the people in those rooms aren’t PVPing. they literally stand there for kills and completion. This is why I say you aren’t knowledgeable about how casual the dailies actually are … because clearly you haven’t exposed yourself to them enough to make an objective judgement.

It’s funny you say I’m parroting what you said, but come to a completely opposite conclusion than I did. Of course, I’m not betting that anyone that thinks they are less casual friendly has done the critical thinking that would be necessary to see it’s not.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Look at it this way. The daily is a reward for completing a set of tasks. It is completely optional in every way. If you want the reward, complete the tasks.

A system designed to reward players for participating daily should be open to all types of players. Not only players who like or don’t mind certain types of content. Anyone familiar with MMOs in general knows that a LARGE percentage of players seriously dislike PvP, and yet GW2 dailies are mainly PvP oriented. This is simply a fact.

It is obvious that ANet wants to reward those players more than PvE players. Wanting to reward one group of players over another is unfair. I’m not saying that ANet shouldn’t do whatever they want – its their game. But there’s nothing wrong with the players on the short end of the stick complaining about it.

This argument is a dangerous one to make. PVE is tons more rewarding than PvP in nearly all aspects. You get much more gold for time invested. Not to mention legandaries which are almost entirely PvE oriented along with quite a few other rewards that can only be achieved via PvE or large sums of money (which is easier to get in PvE).

Again, I stand by my statement. If you want a particular optional reward then you must complete the given task for it. It isn’t like dailies can’t be done completely in PvE, there are just easier ways to get it if you want to step outside of a comfort zone.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Moyayuki.3619

Wow, guys, if we are going to sink to the level of belittling each other and being jerks just because other people have different play styles and preferences, then maybe this thread should be closed. A lot of rudeness going around that is NOT constructive criticism. I do not understand the hate in online forum communities. At all.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

What other kind of profit would I do something I don’t enjoy for? Are you telling me you do things you don’t enjoy for some kind of imaginary profit? Why on earth would anyone waste the little precious time they have in this life doing something they don’t enjoy for something imaginary?

Either you’re trolling me, or GW2 is your first MMO and you’ve never played a jrpg or phone-app game. My money’s on the former.

On the off chance you’re not, ‘cause I can be a sucker like that: Let’s say you really want Trailblazer’s Armor, but you HATE TD. You’ll have to make the cost-benefit decision if it’s worth being miserable in TD to generate the currency to purchase your precious Trailblazers Intricate Gossamer Insignia recipe. Yeah, there might be other means to acquire that recipe, and that will factor into that decision… but that decision still exists… and you might choose to be miserable for a while to gain the profit/reward of creating your Trailblazer’s armor as soon as possible.

There are people who HATE some of the HoT maps (many threads about this exist), but played in there long enough to get map completion, or enough of the map-currency they want/need, etc.

It’s the same reason many people farm mats for gold… many of those people don’t find farming interesting or entertaining (and some do)… but by giving up a bit of entertainment, they earn mats and gold… that’s their profit from doing something they might not enjoy.

Sorry, but you must be trolling me. o.O

~EW

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Players that don’t have any characters at/over a certain level threshold will get a different set of dailies.

Aahh…so since I have two 80s and a 40, that makes my Daily pool geared more towards higher-level content? :/
[/quote]

You get the dailies associated with the level of your highest level character.

Djinn.9245

This argument is a dangerous one to make.

I’m not making an argument, I’m stating a fact. The Dailies system is weighted for PvP.

Hexinx.1872

It’s evenly balanced – in fact weighted heavier to PvE

13 accessible dailys.

Gametype 1 WvW – 4 daily options

Gametype 2 – sPvP – 4 options

Gametype 3 – PvE – 5 options

And yes, whether you like it or not, sPvP and WvW are two different game modes. One is balance based, one is hybrid PvE open world PvP fighting. For the record, the WvW achievements are more geared towards fighting npc’s than actual players.

Obtena.7952

I’m not making an argument, I’m stating a fact. The Dailies system is weighted for PvP.

Even that fact doesn’t make dailies less casual since the patch. The fact that dailies are weighted for PVP … and PVP achievements are farmed by PVE people in dedicated PVP rooms show the opposite of what you are trying to argue; dailies are very casual friendly.

Djinn.9245

Either you’re trolling me, or GW2 is your first MMO and you’ve never played a jrpg or phone-app game.

I actually didn’t like Ultima and EQ because they were grindy. The first MMO I really liked was WoW. As I said, I don’t do things I don’t like for an imaginary reward. I play games to be entertained.

My money’s on the former.

On the off chance you’re not, ‘cause I can be a sucker like that: Let’s say you really want Trailblazer’s Armor, but you HATE TD. You’ll have to make the cost-benefit decision if it’s worth being miserable in TD to generate the currency to purchase your precious Trailblazers Intricate Gossamer Insignia recipe.

No analysis is necessary – if I hate TD I won’t do it. Trailblazer’s Armor might be nice in-game, but it’s not real. I’m not going to spend my real time doing something I don’t like for that.

Djinn.9245

Even that fact doesn’t make dailies less casual since the patch. The fact that dailies are weighted for PVP … and PVP achievements are farmed by PVE people in dedicated PVP rooms show the opposite of what you are trying to argue; dailies are very casual friendly.

PvP rooms are not gank-proof. So if you really don’t like PvP, you won’t do that either.

Djinn.9245

13 accessible dailys.

And yes, whether you like it or not, sPvP and WvW are two different game modes. One is balance based, one is hybrid PvE open world PvP fighting. For the record, the WvW achievements are more geared towards fighting npc’s than actual players.

WvW is player vs player, PvP is player vs player. Doesn’t matter how you try to spin it.

Hexinx.1872

You are right. Well tbh they did have 3 more additional PvE dailys and 8 for pve total – 8 for pvp (split between wvw and spvp)

Obtena.7952

PvP rooms are not gank-proof. So if you really don’t like PvP, you won’t do that either.

Again … it’s clear you haven’t been in one of these daily farming rooms. You don’t get ganked and you don’t need to like PVP to get your daily achievement in one of these rooms, casual or not.

Of course, that’s all moot anyways. The argument here isn’t if you or others like it. That’s irrelevant. the discussion is if dailies are more casual friendly since patch, which they are. There are more options to do on your own timeline = more casual friendly.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Again … it’s clear you haven’t been in one of these daily farming rooms. You don’t get ganked and you don’t need to like PVP to get your daily achievement in one of these rooms, casual or not.

Gonna have to disagree with you, while thankfully not often, sometimes PvP trolls do go to Daily rooms just to gank and make a total nuance of themselves.

The discussion is if dailies are more casual friendly since patch, which they are. There are more options to do on your own timeline = more casual friendly.

I dunno, looking at the list, I think the old dailies were in fact faster and easier. I mean the new ones are not hard by any standard, but you gotta admit, the older ones were easier.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Either you’re trolling me, or GW2 is your first MMO and you’ve never played a jrpg or phone-app game.

I actually didn’t like Ultima and EQ because they were grindy. The first MMO I really liked was WoW. As I said, I don’t do things I don’t like for an imaginary reward. I play games to be entertained.

My money’s on the former.

On the off chance you’re not, ‘cause I can be a sucker like that: Let’s say you really want Trailblazer’s Armor, but you HATE TD. You’ll have to make the cost-benefit decision if it’s worth being miserable in TD to generate the currency to purchase your precious Trailblazers Intricate Gossamer Insignia recipe.

No analysis is necessary – if I hate TD I won’t do it. Trailblazer’s Armor might be nice in-game, but it’s not real. I’m not going to spend my real time doing something I don’t like for that.

Then you and I think a lot alike on the terms of grind vs entertainment. But, regardless of what decision you or I would make, those cost/benefit decisions exist. People are willing to put up with discomfort now (playing for a bit in TD) if it means more potential pleasure later (kickin’ but in Trailblazer’s Armor)… that treadmill and carrot feature prominently in MMOs.

Tying this back to the topic: dailies aren’t necessarily entertaining for everyone… but the 2g+10ap reward can be worth to some people doing something they don’t like for a brief amount of time. Even when they’re not being entertaining, they’re still generally accessible, many people have pointed out the various ways this is the case.

But, I am one of those people who doesn’t really care how accessible they are, I won’t do them if I don’t enjoy the activity required.

~EW

Moyayuki.3619

13 accessible dailys.

Whenever I went into WvW maps to try to get 100% map completion for them (Vistas and so forth), I was always getting hunted down by other players and killed. So that made getting those done a huge grind. Player characters are leaps and bounds away from NPC enemies, in terms of how much damage and skill they can dish out. I know, you were mentioning WvW achievements, but the NPC part reminded me of the struggle I had doing maps.

Moyayuki.3619

Gonna have to disagree with you, while thankfully not often, sometimes PvP trolls do go to Daily rooms just to gank and make a total nuance of themselves.

The discussion is if dailies are more casual friendly since patch, which they are. There are more options to do on your own timeline = more casual friendly.

I dunno, looking at the list, I think the old dailies were in fact faster and easier. I mean the new ones are not hard by any standard, but you gotta admit, the older ones were easier.

Waaay easier in comparison, yes. We could get Dailies done just by dodging attacks x amount of times, and so forth. But then, the rewards weren’t nearly as good, and now, with Dailies having more angles to them, we get better rewards and there is the Daily chest to boot. I just have issues with some days’ Dailies being incredibly inconvenient, but also miss there being no world bosses anymore (someone pointed that out recently and I never realized ).

Hexinx.1872

….
I know, you were mentioning WvW achievements, but the NPC part reminded me of the struggle I had doing maps.

Absolutely. But most dailies do not force players to cross the entire map to complete, as the old map completion required (on all borderlands). That was a tough time for casual players who required map completion back then. Especially if you needed the green keep vista in EB, and were not one of the top servers. Now to make it more casual, they took out that requirement altogether.

With dailies however, they tend to be based around your starting area… typical dailies are … kill a sentry, or kill a yak, or kill 5 guards, or capture 2 camps. All of these are based around the corner of your starting area, and while you may run into another enemy player, most days I have done it – I see a friendly who is also doing their daily. Of course, this is off putting for those who won’t even enter the zone. I understand that, just wanted to note that it is not nearly as time consuming or challenging as map completion was for the average casual.

I think Anet could then compromise and give 50/50 split between pve and pvp. Whether or not players chose to do them is there own prerogative.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

this thread should be closed

This is the most sensible thing you’ve said so far.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Actually, you keep forgetting: part of ANet’s goal is to encourage people to try other things. So you can still play the way you want to play — earn 2g via or earn it by chasing world bosses or whatever you like.

Let’s try not to confuse the concept that “dailies might not be geared towards my preferred style of play” with “dailies are no longer geared towards casual play.”

I don’t do the dailies if I don’t like them, but you seem to gloss over the other posters who like to keep saying “go do PvP or WvW”. All I would like to see is more then 3 PvE options so if 1 of them is bugged or on a map that is time gated or god forbid a jumping puzzle, I could skip 1 and still complete the rest. This is the way they used to do it. They gave us options but have now taken them away. Honestly, I log on, do dailies (that can be done) harvest my home and guild nodes, maybe do kitten if it’s close to his time, then log off. I’m done with HoT, you can only do the same events so many times before they become boring. The world bosses are, on the whole, pretty boring as well. There are a few I will jump on if the timing is right but most, well been there done that over and over again. Dailies give something to do, but if you can’t do them without doing something that you do not consider fun, why bother? I can’t even earn experience to level up as it’s wasted since HoT! Maybe it’s just my play style, but I need SOME kind of goal to work towards, something to show progress besides earning more worthless gold. Atleast finishing dailies showed some kind of progress, as for the 2 gold, I would gladly PAY 2 gold a day for more choices and something to show some kind of progression.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

You have to do 3 of however many options there are for the daily. You don’t have to PvP or group at all. It takes me about 20-40 minutes to finish it solo.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t do the dailies if I don’t like them, but you seem to gloss over the other posters who like to keep saying “go do PvP or WvW”. All I would like to see is more then 3 PvE options so if 1 of them is bugged or on a map that is time gated or god forbid a jumping puzzle, I could skip 1 and still complete the rest. This is the way they used to do it. They gave us options but have now taken them away. Honestly, I log on, do dailies (that can be done) harvest my home and guild nodes, maybe do kitten if it’s close to his time, then log off. I’m done with HoT, you can only do the same events so many times before they become boring. The world bosses are, on the whole, pretty boring as well. There are a few I will jump on if the timing is right but most, well been there done that over and over again. Dailies give something to do, but if you can’t do them without doing something that you do not consider fun, why bother? I can’t even earn experience to level up as it’s wasted since HoT! Maybe it’s just my play style, but I need SOME kind of goal to work towards, something to show progress besides earning more worthless gold. Atleast finishing dailies showed some kind of progress, as for the 2 gold, I would gladly PAY 2 gold a day for more choices and something to show some kind of progression.

There is always 4 PvE options. So yes, you already can skip one and complete the rest.