Daily Achivements

Daily Achivements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

Does anyone else but me feel like doing the Daily Achivements 3/3 to get 10 achievement points is a waste of time? I know we get everything we would get thru just logging in everyday for free. Back in the day I enjoyed doing them, because you would get your mystic coin, laurel etc. Now it just seems like its a waste of time. I mean yeah you get 10 achive points and random karma, exp and gear ( that u salvage).

I just want to feel motivated to even do them everyday, the rewards are just not worth it. I mean even adding 5 silver or some such would make it feel like im working for something, I usually just skip them tbh, but id enjoy them more if it wasn’t so pointless.

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you don’t want the AP or the pop up chest reward (which includes xp writs you can apply to future alts if you prefer not to level via game play, as some do), then yep, no need to do them.

I enjoy them because I can do them quickly, I get some mats, and it gives me an activity to do. I’m sad I missed one set in the past week, that was my first missed daily completion since the change and it only happened because I thought I had in fact done them the night before. Logging in 10 minutes before reset just wasn’t enough time for that day’s set, drat.

However, there’s no need to ask for motivation to do them, imo. Either you like them or you don’t bother with them. The reward rearrangement was done so people wouldn’t feel they “had” to do them. But even before that, it was always just a bonus, not a vital part of game play and success.

Daily Achivements

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I do them because they are some of the few remaining AP options I have at this point.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I think it’s important for ANET to examine why any system they implement does well or poorly with players. I mean, I assume they implement things in order to engage the player, and if it’s not accomplishing that, what’s the point?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

If it’s pointless to you, don’t do it. I like the extra rewards and easy 10 AP, so I usually do it.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The new system makes the life of 2 types of players much easier.
1 – The ones that goes to the max amount of AP, previously a player had to do ALL the dailies to gain all the possible AP, now he is only required to do any 3 dailies.
2 – The ones that only wanted the laurel and some rewards, now you don’t even need to do dailies to get all the laurels and most of the previous rewards, you only need to log for that.

Those 2 types I’m pretty sure that cover the majority of the players, the rest I’m also sure that just doesn’t bother with the new system.

I can see only 1 type of player that got the bad side of the update, it is the players that only play PvE, those will very often get totally out of their routine to finish the daily, while PvP and WvW players can finish them easily just by playing normally.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

While I’m not happy with one or two parts of the new daily, (the zerg at the events now and the boss being one that might be an hour or two from log in) the rewards aren’t that bad. Chop of few trees and get more as a bonus. Harvest a few plants and get more also. Hop on a vista and get karma. The 3 writs I give to an alt or they can be saved up for a click fest on the new Revenant (not a good option imo, but it’s there).

Most are very easy to do and the rewards are good for the amount of effort that’s put in to them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I do them mostly for the AP, since I want some of the skins from there. What I get from the “reward” chests is usually garbage.

I would like some of the PVE choices to be fixed up a bit better though.

Daily Achivements

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I do daily pvp in a rankfarm. That takes around 10-15 minutes and gives you 6 pvp reward track potions/day. You can just hoard them untill anet releases new reward track or use them right now to get some easy leveling tomes or dungeon weapon/armor chests for dungeon collections or forging. Rewards are still meh but at least u get something remotely useful.

Daily Achivements

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t do the dailies for the AP – I do them for the reward track bonus potions and writs, all of which are being saved up for future content right now.

If/when ANet release a temporary reward track, I know I will be able to complete it a few times, whether or not I have a lot of time to play then; similarly (less importantly) I will be able to use writs at any future point on an alt, or possibly mastery tracks.

The dailies are well worth it for that alone. But I’m not unhappy about free omnomberries either. :P