Daily > Leveling Nerf

Daily > Leveling Nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Due to the removal of the Tiers the daily now only offers a fraction of the exp reward it did previously.

I could count on it giving me at least a level before. Now it only gives ~30-50% of a level.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It is true, people will always find someone to complain about.

Anet make Rev great again.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Thaiseeran.9243

Thaiseeran.9243

What are you talking about? Completing the daily never gave enough exp reward to lvl up, unless you were really to close to lvling up.

By blood we are bound together, FOR WE ARE MURDERERS!

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

i agree with the op, there’s no reason to remove tiers, it’s only a levelling nerf..thank ANET

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

What are you talking about? Completing the daily never gave enough exp reward to lvl up, unless you were really to close to lvling up.

Yes it did. Every time you go up a tier you get a bunch of exp, it adds up. I always used to get one level during the daily.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Tar.2894

Tar.2894

Probably because you did at least 5 events during your daily

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Clouded Judgement.7834

Exp rewards are scaled to your level. So you would see a little or a lot depending on your level.

The proof is in the pudding.

There were 13 or 14 tiers in the original daily.
13×4% = 52% of your level.

Now there are only 5
5×4% = 20% of your level.

Previously I could level an alt character to 80 in 2 months of daily events only.
Using this new system it would take me 4-5 months.

Yes it’s only exp but that equates to time and skill points you can use.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Clouded, I NEVER got that much doing a daily. At most I always got 20% of my level. It’s been that way for at least a month.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Clouded, I NEVER got that much doing a daily. At most I always got 20% of my level. It’s been that way for at least a month.

you were doing something wrong. I know exactly what he’s talking about.
Every time you finished a new segment of the daily you got a chunk of exp. Much like when you discover and area or waypoint. It flew down into your exp bar and went ding ding ding. This doesnt happen as often during the dailies anymore because there’s less overall segments.

you know how you’d be doing gathering, and even before you got 20 gathers it would pop up on the side and tell you you’d done like 10/20 or whatever? That gave you a bunch of bonus exp. That doesnt occur anymore.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

OP means overall doing a daily gave him a level and the tiers helped. I notice that too but meh..

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

5 events at your level is ~50% a level (5*10%) – added to the 50% that the dailies themselves provided (4%*(3+4+3+3)=52%) is 102% of a level – add in experience from kills & gathering – yeah, you could level up purely from dailies.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I prefer it without tiers. So much easier when you see how many things u need total and not “5 / ??” cuz it’s tier 1 of 4. Why not just increase the exp for completing the 1 tier to the same ammount as completing all 4 previously would?

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

well, they could do something like 10% per tier, so 50% for all 5. Or if they were feeling nice, 13% (52/4 = 13)

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

… Why not just increase the exp for completing the 1 tier to the same ammount as completing all 4 previously would?..

this.

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

Honestly I usually just ran around and did things to get more experience. When I seemed too high for the zone I moved to the next where the mobs were at my level or higher so I could get even more XP.

If the Dailies gave me xp it was just a bonus only.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Each time you completed a tier you’d get a percentage of your next level xp. At 3 tiers a category that was 12 times you were receiving that xp, which was enough to level up once. I noticed this too and it does making leveling up my other characters a bit harder since this was a big source of xp for them.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Hard.9347

Hard.9347

Because leveling is so hard in this game. /sarcasm off

The enjoyment is experiencing the journey, not getting to the destination.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Eh it’s just harder, not hard.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Rochambeau.4502

Rochambeau.4502

Leveling characters in this game is too easy. Period.

Look at the non Level 80 zones now. They are fast becoming or have become ghost towns. There are events that haven’t been kicked off/completed in weeks or months.

The vast majority of “content” in the game has become irrelevant.

With the atrocious disparity in the Dress Up Barbie system most of the dungeons are abandoned as well.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Iirc… Each tier of a daily achievement gave 3% of a level.

Unless these new dailies give 9-15% exp, this is indeed a nerf.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Clouded Judgement.7834

Although it’s not a huge setback they definitely do not give 9-15% they still only give 4% per tier (segment)

I do not mind the new layout in that it is easier to know the true goal. But having it a mystery is not bad as well. You could always go on previous daily/months to know how many you needed to do. Not everything needs to be transparent. They could still implement Tiers with a % completion.

As suggested if they were to keep the experience in line they could bring the new tiers up to 10% each.

(edited by Clouded Judgement.7834)

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Ease of following progress through them is wonderful. If I don’t have much time when I log in to play, the current method makes it easier the gauge what I’ll need to do to complete each. Before with the tiers the amount total needed to complete was ambiguous.

Daily > Leveling Nerf

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

This upset me a bit. I only have my thief and warrior to get to 80 now and without the old daily system it will take much longer. I basically only logged on to my thief for the dailies because I am not big on the play style. maybe they will do something to make up for it in the future?