Daily/Monthlies Rework

Daily/Monthlies Rework

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This system looks absolutely fantastic! It looks elaborate and well thought out. I am super pumped for the return of the Meta-Achievement system even in this capacity. I love all the ways you guys are rolling different ways to obtain small but significant rewards.

The monthly part I was worried about, until I read how it is changing, its like an advent calendar for every day of the year! You open it and get a prize just for logging in (which I already do almost every single day), and I love that Its not tied to any specific timer leaving me to finish each 28-day cycle at my leisure.

Thank you a lot for this, I look forward to being able to fully explore this new system. Always winning me with these quality of life updates, Anet!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The goals look more specific, so I hope there will be plenty to choose from. Other than that this new system looks incredible. Thanks ArenaNet!

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It is another unnecessary change that isn’t something we need or want.

Thanks for resources into a project that didn’t warrant it and not fixing other more glaring issues like player retention, making your game modes more meaningful, oh and pre-cursor crafting when ?

Too many things that should have been addressed way before this.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Rayden Kastor.5918

Rayden Kastor.5918

Always gotta be somebody who doesn’t like the new stuff…

I for one am excited about this new system! Can’t wait!

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Paradox.1380

Thanks for resources into a project that didn’t warrant it and not fixing other more glaring issues like player retention, making your game modes more meaningful, oh and pre-cursor crafting when ?

Please take the “we” and change it to “I,” my friend, this is something I both need and want in my life. My boyfriend and I were just having a discussion the other night over dinner how we felt that the dailies were too generic and boring, and we would like something more goal-oriented. Also you only have to finish 3 instead of 5 to get your laurel and AP, so its not that big of a change even if it is a little more specific. I like the idea of each achievement giving individual rewards on top of the “meta” for completing any 3 a day.

Not everyone at a company works on the same things, and even if it is the same teams they have already stated some things are easier to change than others. I made this thread about THIS change. While I myself want precursor crafting, I am not going to put it into a topic that has zero to do with the subject at all. You are free to your opinion and I respect it, but please respect mine.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Change is always good! Thanks Anet! I can’t wait to play after work =]

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Could we get some clarification on what the new combined cap is for daily/monthly? I would assume it’s 15k (old was 10k and 5k). But I would just like to make sure that it is.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

+1 absolutely agree

Admiral David Farragut said ????.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Agreed another goal post change for the sake of it.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: tofumon.5924

tofumon.5924

This change seems pretty dang awesome actually.

HOWEVER the trait issues still bug me and I wish they would fix that first before moving on with other things. As it stands that is the most glaring thing keeping me from recommending this game to other people.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Blude.6812

Not if it reduces DAILY laurel aquisition and achievment points.
But it looks pretty, right?

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Honestly… I’m starting to feel insulted by all of the free rewards in this game. You can’t trip over a skritt without being handed a champ bag full of ascended crafting materials and rares. Now you are being handed free stuff just for logging in? What happened to earning rewards? Where is the challenge? What is the point of playing if you just hand me free stuff for nothing?

Why are you REALLY doing this, Anet? Are you still losing players after the NPE? Is this yet another short-term attempt to boost sales? When are you going to start working on long term solutions like say… I dunno… An expansion??

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

I don’t do dailies / monthlies for AP personally. So the change to the cap doesn’t bother me one way or the other (I’m no where close)

My concern is the daily laurels and 10 laurel addition from the monthlies. That’s 40 laurels a month (potentially). My concern is seeing a decrease in that due to the new system. That’s all that would really bother me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I hope this isn’t one of those changes that looks nice on paper, but is really terrible and cumbersome in practice. As long as the cap is at least 15k, though, and with the information we have right now, it seems to be positive. I should really trademark “cautiously optimistic” for my forum usage, at this point.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Why can’t we get the cap changed actually WITH the new dailies. I have already wasted months of no daily reward APs. If you are putting in a new system, change the cap now so that I can continue earning the rewards.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Will have to wait to see how this all works in practice, but removing the old and boring monthly-achievement requirement, giving us 10 AP for a minimum 3 achievements per day, and introducing daily login rewards building up to the potential for something special at the end of the month all sound really good.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I FEEL SOOOOO MUCH HAPPY TOO!!!!!!!!! (@OP)

BE BLESSED ARENANET!!!!!

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: tofumon.5924

tofumon.5924

Oh, does it? Sorry I didn’t read all the specifics yet. Hrmmm…

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

On paper, this looks like a great system that I’m excited for. Hope its execution will be up to par.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Paradox.1380

ponders

I don’t do dailies / monthlies for AP personally. So the change to the cap doesn’t bother me one way or the other (I’m no where close)

My concern is the daily laurels and 10 laurel addition from the monthlies. That’s 40 laurels a month (potentially). My concern is seeing a decrease in that due to the new system. That’s all that would really bother me.

It doesn’t you get 10 AP and your Laurel for finishing 3 Dailies. And Monthlies are being converted to a new system entirely where you can choose laurels or other things. It’d be great if people actually… read these new posts.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Blude.6812

Oh, does it? Sorry I didn’t read all the specifics yet. Hrmmm…

LOL—love it—It’s dang awesome but I haven’t read about it. So many responses come
to mind, but not for these forums.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Guhracie.3419

ponders

“So we’ve moved the original rewards from daily and monthly achievements, thrown in some new items for good measure, and combined it all into a new bonus system that rewards players just for logging in to the game. The first time you log in each day, you’ll receive a new bonus reward. The items on this new reward track are not only a combination of the previous daily and monthly achievement rewards but also some additional items we’ve added…”

To all those with concerns about the current rewards, this paragraph would seem to be very misleading if they do reduce the number of laurels. It says nothing about subtracting the original rewards, just moving them.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Kitsunami.6241

Kitsunami.6241

Im a little worried about the laurel system. I haven’t been playing for a very long time so i dont have a lot of laurels, and this seems like i may lose out on getting them.

It does look like it will be better, but lets wait and see. I am hopeful!

Kitsunami Lupo
Writer/Head of PR
www.gamersaurs.com

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

I’m really impressed that their trademark reason “the old system was too confusing for new players” wasn’t mentioned. Well done!

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

If we are still getting daily laurels and monthly laurels in the same amount as before and this system is adding more on top of what we are already getting then I am all about it. IF this new way reduces random gem shop daily drops or monthly drops are altered, then I will be ticked.

The daily login rewards will be awesome! I play Marvel Heroes and they have a daily login reward system and it’s great, so I am glad ArenaNet decided to add this feature. Thanks so much!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Guhracie.3419

If we are still getting daily laurels and monthly laurels in the same amount as before and this system is adding more on top of what we are already getting then I am all about it. IF this new way reduces random gem shop daily drops or monthly drops are altered, then I will be ticked.

Well said, and I totally agree.

-Mike O’Brien

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It looks good in the text, but when I look at the pictures, I’m not really thrilled.

It gives me 4 options in the PvE side (I don’t do PvP and try to avoid WvW as much as I can). And if I want to finish that daily, I’ll need to do 3 of those. So, if I can’t do the boss (for whatever reason, though probably because he’s not active when I’m online), I’m rather “forced” (yes, I know, I can opt out of the daily, but why even log in if you can’t even get the daily done?) to go to Orr AND Maguuma AND Ascalon. I can’t do what I do now: finish the daily on one character that I’m working on (who is lvl35 or so and thus can’t even go to Orr). In that case, I have less choice than I have now and thus, in my eyes, the change is not a good one.

I really do like the new monthly bit.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Anet, you are one trixie minx.

And here i thought the login to get your LS unlock was a good one, now you are rewarding people just for logging in. OK. Well played, I will give you that.

The sleight of hand at this point doesn’t fool me though.

Kudos on the dailies change though. Now to make more rewards more meaningful to the content done and you might be heading in the right direction.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

Can we do as many achievements as we want or is it just the five a day?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Grumpy old me likes the changes to daily, they seem be a good change. Nothing else to say about it, there doesn’t seem to be any downsides – ergo in my eyes for now it seems to be change for good.

As for the monthly, I liked my monthlies, but I guess I won’t miss them, it just means I will have zero incentive to join zerg trains if I don’t need to kill a 100 champs. But that is good, zerg trains are boring.

The new monthly system seems rather weird to me, maybe because I haven’t seen it work yet, but it reminds me of getting a piece of cheese every time I push a button with my nose… Of course it is a great system to create returning playerbase – I log in, I get a candy, maybe even buy something off of gemshop, eh?

Then again, I personally don’t mind it, and it won’t change frequency with which I log in, and I don’t really mind it anyway, so not going to whine about it.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

It seems very vague about laurel rewards. It does NOT say you get a laurel for doing the daily meta achievement, just 10 APs. And the rewards for the daily login only has six laurel bags. So that’s only a confirmed six laurels instead of the 28 we would normally get. The rest of the rewards there are mostly filler. None of them would exactly have me logging in to be honest.

If there is no laurel for the daily meta this new system is going to be a huge disappointment that came out of nowhere. Otherwise it looks like a greatly improved system.

I’m hoping for the best! I’d hate for some poor dev to have to miss out on part of their winter break fixing this when we all go ballistic. Because we will. This is waaaaaay bigger than commander tag colors.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I’ll say what I already posted on reddit: It’s nice that work is being done but this probably means that other overhauls and fixes will not happen in the foreseeable future. The following is of course just my opinion but I would rather have an overhaul of Fractal reward mechanics, than a special daily. I would be psyched about Precursor crafting, new dungeons, hardmode dungeons and a whole array of changes, but another overhaul of daily/monthly achievements is not part of it. Again, just my opinion.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I don’t think resources where wasted but still personally feel it is kind of a meh thing to do.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Dailies and Living Story: best endgame ever.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

It doesn’t you get 10 AP and your Laurel for finishing 3 Dailies. And Monthlies are being converted to a new system entirely where you can choose laurels or other things. It’d be great if people actually… read these new posts.

It would be good if you actually read what I wrote.

It does not say (anywhere) that you get your daily laurel along with the flat 10AP for finishing your 3. It does say that existing rewards (like laurels and mystic coins) have been moved to the daily log in rewards.

It goes on to say that the bonus chests on the daily reward track are a mix of existing rewards and some new rewards. Nowhere does that guarantee that we continue to get 1 laurel a day. Which was my concern. I did miss the part about choosing which addition you got on the ‘epic’ chest, though I did note that laurels were an option there. Considering how much they like RNG, I could see them having gone that route.

See, I did read

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Sounds like a very good change overall. Hopefully it will actually be executed well since the last time they reworked dailies it sounded good but they became a lot worse.

Main points of concern are:
- How many laurels will we get each month? If this number gets decreased too much it will greatly effect ascended accessory acquisition methods.
- Is the daily cap raised to account for the daily/monthly combination?
- How many different dailies are in each category? Based on the picture there are 4 per category which could be fairly annoying to do if you only want to play one type of content (especially since the tasks are so specific now).
- How good are the daily rewards (should probably be fine even if they are minor since we didn’t get much for them anyway)?

If these issues are addressed then this sounds like a very welcome change and a very good improvement to the current daily system.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They already said that new reward systems push back precursor crafting (at the time it was champ bags/ world boss rewards) so it makes sense they want to balance the precursor crafting once the other reward systems are out first.

As for the laurels debate, it does say that all the old rewards are still there, just moved around a bit, I see no reason for that to mean “we reduced your monthly laurel gain”, in fact it’s clear they kept the old rewards the same and added some new ones.

Making the achievement points more meaningful instead of generic/boring ones is a nice change. Maybe 4 of them per category is a bit low, they need some more to choose from.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

The new way to earn rewards looks quite nice, especially how you unlock the ‘monthly’ stuff now. I’ve missed out on loads of monthlies because I tend to play actively for a few days or weeks and then return to a few hours every now and then. The dailies never really felt like they meant anything rather than the mystic coins and laurel (and if you are lucky, keys or transmutes). With this new system it seems like people will have to do things that are actually more fun to earn extra rewards, that’s how it should be. I’ll have to wait for it to actually roll out but by the looks of it, there are no downsides to it compared to what we have now.

Now that they have changed so many reward systems I wonder if dungeons (the tokens) and fractals will get an overhaul aswell. If they update both of those then it would mean they have a nice reward structure for pretty much everything in the game. Although the current dungeon system is alright, it would be nice if dungeon tokens were universal or that the dungeon gear has a one-time stat selection upon purchase (such as ascended weapons having a ‘weapon’ choice etc). Since all this stuff would essentially have the core finished I’m assuming that the workforce that was on this can start focussing on other content or new features which is a nice thought.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

ponders

It does not say (anywhere) that you get your daily laurel along with the flat 10AP for finishing your 3. It does say that existing rewards (like laurels and mystic coins) have been moved to the daily log in rewards.

It goes on to say that the bonus chests on the daily reward track are a mix of existing rewards and some new rewards. Nowhere does that guarantee that we continue to get 1 laurel a day. Which was my concern. I did miss the part about choosing which addition you got on the ‘epic’ chest, though I did note that laurels were an option there. Considering how much they like RNG, I could see them having gone that route.

See, I did read

For the epic chest is says clearly (there is also a screenshot) that Laurels are not RNG, it’s your CHOICE of “either ascended crafting materials, materials necessary for crafting your legendary weapon (including mystic clovers), an additional sum of laurels, or tomes of knowledge.” Those chest laurels can may well be the 10 Monthly Laurels we get now, or some extra ones.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

“So we’ve moved the original rewards from daily and monthly achievements, thrown in some new items for good measure, and combined it all into a new bonus system that rewards players just for logging in to the game. The first time you log in each day, you’ll receive a new bonus reward. The items on this new reward track are not only a combination of the previous daily and monthly achievement rewards but also some additional items we’ve added…”

To all those with concerns about the current rewards, this paragraph would seem to be very misleading if they do reduce the number of laurels. It says nothing about subtracting the original rewards, just moving them.

Yes it says they are moving them. It says the chests are a combination of old and new. Doesn’t guarantee a laurel each day though. You could a get a mystic coin, and something new, for example, along with some gold, some karma, and a random black lion item. That meets the description they’ve given regarding what can be found in those daily reward chests.

I would simply like assurance that we still get the daily laurel.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

See, I did read

For the epic chest is says clearly (there is also a screenshot) that Laurels are not RNG, it’s your CHOICE of “either ascended crafting materials, materials necessary for crafting your legendary weapon (including mystic clovers), an additional sum of laurels, or tomes of knowledge.” Those chest laurels can may well be the 10 Monthly Laurels we get now, or some extra ones.

And I admitted I missed that is said choice. Though I did note it said additional laurels.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

This system feels like they picked it up from thous many many browser or android games where just logging in or smelling flowers rewards you stuff. but when you tie to actually play it will send you 99 “BUY NOW ON SALE ONLY 8.99” crap what you don’t need or worse you can’t even go small flowers for second time because you didn’t throw money at them.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Looks great, looking forward to it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Can someone post a link to the changes? I don’t know where to look.

Edit: Ty LanfearShadowflame for link.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I personally disagree with the notion to reward players for logging in. This is the only game where I feel more unique by looking like a new player versus gear that would be considered “end game” or “elite”.

This game hands out more items than any I’ve played. I already throw away countless items.

No wonder players feel entitled, they are fed everything at a nonstop rate.

Personally I love the feeling when I earned something I worked hard for.

Good news is, I also love to give away free items. More to give away now.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Can someone post a link to the changes? I don’t know where to look.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

This system feels like they picked it up from thous many many browser or android games where just logging in or smelling flowers rewards you stuff.

I had had the same thought, though it’s not necessarily a bad thing. I do like that unlike those browser games, your progress doesn’t reset if you miss a day

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This seems like a good change. Color me interested and a little curious about how this will affect the game.

Only think I disagreed with in the blog post was when they called The Shatterer more challenging than defeating 3 players in WvW. That world boss encounter (and most of the others, for that matter) desperately needs a rework.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Get those daily login metrics up! Up I Say!

I’ll reserve judgment as to whether this is better until hands on. People’s play frequency and style could affect the potential reduction in laurels. Assuming that the monthly 10 get moved to the Day 28 chest, then the log-in every day types won’t see a change.

However, the weekend players who play less-frequently but still manage to finish monthlies may be hurt. Consider the extreme case of someone who logs in one day a month and does the monthly. Currently they would get 120 of the monthly laurels/year, while in the new system they never make it to “Day 28” and get none. It’s speculation until we see details, but the push to make it an everyday habit is clear.

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

It is an intriguing proposal, I don’t quite know where my view stands on it just yet. Will just have to wait and see the changes physically, but I hope there is still a reasonable method of acquiring laurels and mystic coins – the current method of 1 a day was consistent (excluding monthlies).

Daily/Monthlies Rework

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I will reserve judgement until this is rolled out to see how it actually works. It’s been my experience lately that nothing is added unless there is some kind of underlying reason that will benefit Anet. Sounds cynical, it is but hey i didn’t start playing GW2 being that way it’s happened over time for a lot of reasons, most of which are things that were supposed to make the game experience better for me but were the polar opposite.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)