Daily achievements more of a grind now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Then don’t do the daily. No skin off my back.

You can’t be bothered for 10 minutes of your time, so don’t expect ANet to spend 1000s of man hours catering to your every whim at the expense of other players, princess.

If you’re going to make exaggerations, don’t expect anyone to take your post seriously.

If your going to make ridiculous demands of what is ultimately optional content, dont expect anyone, including ArenaNet, to take your posts seriously either.

Laurels = daily exclusive = exclusive gear

cool options bro.

Ridiculous demands? What I was requesting was already in place.

Demanding dailes go against their intended function of spreading the playerbase out into various zones is ridiculous.

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

If you define “grind” as “working for something” then yes, achieving anything in this game is a “grind.” Leveling? Grind, because you have to do events, combat, hearts, skillpoints, vistas, exploration and crafting to achieve it. (what?) Just accept that you need to plan out your dailies instead of staying in one small area not getting anything done. Explore the world and your dailies will be MUCH easier to complete. I did mine in 25 minutes today.
-40 shiverpeak kills (easy)
-40 ascalon kills (easy)
-10 salvages (salvage 10 things from the 80 kills)
-20 gathers (gather while you’re finding things to kill)
-1 jumping puzzle (Urmaug’s Secret in Lion’s Arch. Anyone can get to it it’s incredibly easy)
You’re done!

-Wulf

(edited by Culzean.8571)

Posted by: Qahlel.3805

Qahlel.3805

You can’t be bothered for 10 minutes of your time, so don’t expect ANet to spend 1000s of man hours catering to your every whim at the expense of other players, princess.

If you’re going to make exaggerations, don’t expect anyone to take your post seriously.

Look princess, you clearly don’t understand what a dev team needs to do when developing a game. Updates to this game are not a simple process. It takes a lot of real people doing real work trying to make millions of players happy. The experience simply cannot be personally tailored to each and every princess in this game so that that princess will never have to do anything she finds boring. That, princess, would take quite literally 1000s of man hours.

Oddly enough I’ve worked on triple A titles and at present, am employed as a software developer. I know what this ‘real work’ consists of, because I live and breathe this industry everyday at work. Don’t try to lecture me on my own domain.

Secondly, your analogy is flawed as you seem to be under the impression these are my individualistic requirements. You’re halfway right! One half says that I, as a individual player of this game, should feel the game is fun. The other half, the point that I’m really getting at – is that a game should be generalized enough such that anyone can jump in and play as they like. My views are for diversity. I speak on behalf and from the point of view of the more casual gamers. In otherwords, when I use ‘I’ and ‘my views’, these are not the personal pronouns refering to the writer, but I as in the user in a ‘use case’. (Google if you don’t know what these are)

The whole model of GW2 was that it could kick the traditional MMO model that would require deep time commitment and investment before they could even do anything they’d like to do in the MMO. Which is why I feel that by making dailies more time consuming and RESTRICTIVE, it violates this vision.

If you define “grind” as “working for something”

Noone should have to grind for gear.
Anything that you have to work towards, say, The legendary weapons, are a grind in essence, but are cosmetic only – so they don’t actually violate this ideology.

(edited by Qahlel.3805)

EverythingXen.1835

1. Press M
2. Find Ascalon
3. Select way point
4. Travel
5. Proceed to kill 40 somethings
6. Press M
7. Find Hoelbrak
8. Select way point
9. Travel
10. Proceed to kill 40 something
11 . Daily done!

No matter how many choices you actually have, you’ll never be happy. There will always be something to kitten about.
Here’s a hint. If you know that dailies are easier done on the starting areas and are that cheap that you don’t want to travel from Orr with your main, park a alt in one of them. You get to level it a bit each day and complete the daily in the process.

Great creative content (note some sarcasm)… force players to rush 40 kills in two zones and move on… bored me senseless. Total waste of time.

Dont waste your precious time on them then.

Oh, and if you’re spending time doing your daily to get your laurel, that’s investing time for the reward, not wasting.

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

The game reset my daily for nothing and I quit Wainting for the next patch… if I don’t see they try to make characters evolution better, I will complete stop to play the game. This game have a lot of cool things, but have no variety of skills and don’t help to see the Dynamic Events on mini-map and others kittens.

So many smiles… about quitting? What?

-Wulf

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

The concept is nice, but the choice is merely an illusion. You’ve still got the 5 you didn’t want to do before, and an extra 4 to choose from you’ll never do.

Why not just let us choose from the entire list since everyone’s play style is different, and you can’t lump the entire player base into 5 of 9 randomly selected “choices”?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Can anyone give some examples of what is on the list right now?

Off the top of my head:

10 WvW invader kills

40 kills in ascalonian zones

40 kills in Norn(?) zones

1 fractal

5 sidekicked events(you’re downleveled)

10 salvages

3 skill points

20 gathering

IOW nothing a WvW player can do in only WvW unlike the previous dailies. This patch is full of so much fail.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

How on earth can people say it’s a grind now? As if I didn’t get them done fast before I get them done even faster now…wow people will whine about anything >.>

This was a feature I was looking forward to trying out, and it hasn’t disappointed. good job Anet team!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Are you serious?

Dailies are now “Pick any 5” instead of “Do exactly these 5.”

They’re less difficult now and more flexible.

Killing massive amounts of Air elementalists for 250 lodestone isn’t hard at all. It is long and boring. Just like Dailies.

Stop thinking Grind = difficulty because it is not.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Nvm my previous post…. after the reset today they changed with even more options plus our previous dailies we were doing….

Qahlel.3805

their intended function of spreading the playerbase out into various zones

You think this is the function of dailies?

OMG WOOHOO. THANK YOU ANET FOR FORCING ME TO GO TO THIS ZONE. JUST WHAT I’VE ALWAYS WANTED.

[/sarcasm]

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

40 kills in ascalonian zones….. park mesmer alt at grub/troll cave or at farm events

40 kills in Norn zones …park lvl20 warrior alt at grawl event cave

5 sidekicked events(you’re downleveled) done with above

10 salvages done with above

20 gathering and 10 WvW invader kills done wandering around on my main.

6 done under 60 minutes and using the alts saves on wapoint fees/running about.

Well perhaps 30 minutes if being killed in WvW counts

Ulfar SOR

(edited by cargan.5689)

EverythingXen.1835

their intended function of spreading the playerbase out into various zones

You think this is the function of dailies?

OMG WOOHOO. THANK YOU ANET FOR FORCING ME TO GO TO THIS ZONE. JUST WHAT I’VE ALWAYS WANTED.

[/sarcasm]

I dont think. That’s what Anet explicity said the purpose of dailies was.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Umm are these the only options we have? I’m sure ANet would not restrict the 40 kills just in the ascalonian and norn zones – that is biased.

My perfect daily would be

- Seek the Laurel vendor
- Craft 10 items
- Dodge 25 times
- 40 kills
- 5 events

I need to see this new daily thing…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Are you serious?

Dailies are now “Pick any 5” instead of “Do exactly these 5.”

They’re less difficult now and more flexible.

Killing massive amounts of Air elementalists for 250 lodestone isn’t hard at all. It is long and boring. Just like Dailies.

Stop thinking Grind = difficulty because it is not.

Do you know what a non-sequitur is?

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Umm are these the only options we have? I’m sure ANet would not restrict the 40 kills just in the ascalonian and norn zones – that is biased.

My perfect daily would be

- Seek the Laurel vendor
- Craft 10 items
- Dodge 25 times
- 40 kills
- 5 events

I need to see this new daily thing…

No, these aren’t the only options, they changed when the dailies reset at the normal time. I have daily kill variety , aquatic, group events, gathering, personal story completer, Mystic Forgesmith, Keg Brawl Stealer and Daily Mists Invasion defender now

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

The concept is nice, but the choice is merely an illusion. You’ve still got the 5 you didn’t want to do before, and an extra 4 to choose from you’ll never do.

Why not just let us choose from the entire list since everyone’s play style is different, and you can’t lump the entire player base into 5 of 9 randomly selected “choices”?

QFT. If simply the entire set of all potential dailies were active on each day, then we could just go and play however we like and some of that stuff certainly is going to unlock. At the moment it is almost impossible during regular to complete the dailies without explicitly going for them.

Eliyahu.1467

Look princess, you clearly don’t understand what a dev team needs to do when developing a game. Updates to this game are not a simple process. It takes a lot of real people doing real work trying to make millions of players happy. The experience simply cannot be personally tailored to each and every princess in this game so that that princess will never have to do anything she finds boring. That, princess, would take quite literally 1000s of man hours.

Oddly enough I’ve worked on triple A titles and at present, am employed as a software developer. I know what this ‘real work’ consists of, because I live and breathe this industry everyday at work. Don’t try to lecture me on my own domain.

Secondly, your analogy is flawed as you seem to be under the impression these are my individualistic requirements. You’re halfway right! One half says that I, as a individual player of this game, should feel the game is fun. The other half, the point that I’m really getting at – is that a game should be generalized enough such that anyone can jump in and play as they like. My views are for diversity. I speak on behalf and from the point of view of the more casual gamers. In otherwords, when I use ‘I’ and ‘my views’, these are not the personal pronouns refering to the writer, but I as in the user in a ‘use case’. (Google if you don’t know what these are)

The whole model of GW2 was that it could kick the traditional MMO model that would require deep time commitment and investment before they could even do anything they’d like to do in the MMO. Which is why I feel that by making dailies more time consuming and RESTRICTIVE, it violates this vision.

They are neither more time consuming nor more restrictive. They are more flexible and more interesting.

Your view is that they should reduce dailies to a bland and generalized set of goals. Bland is bland, princess. Guess what? If you make this game bland everyone will not be able to “jump in and play as they like” because some people like specific goals in RPGs. It is an unreal goal to make a game for millions of players wherein no player will ever have to do anything they do not want to do.

What your argument basically break down to is “I feel like I’m not having fun in all of the game so ANet should change the game” and their catering specifically to my desires okay because all they have to do is make the game universally fun for everyone. That is impossible. Nothing is 100% satisfactory to all users. So do not presume to represent the interests of everyone. Additionally, do not feel entitled to be 100% satisfied with the game, because your 100% satisfaction is someone else’s less than 100%.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

You misunderstand what is required to implement a design goal. The experience doesn’t need to be tailored to each and every person. All they have to do is tailor it to the design goal “play your way”. It’s simple really. The original dailies met this design goal. The last dailies came close as I could still play where and how I wanted, for the most part. The current daily wants to tell me where to play the game. This is a distinctive departure from a game that described itself as having “play your way” as a design goal.

Posted by: Grimlar.9271

Grimlar.9271

A couple of simple fixes for the daily/monthly achievements.

1 - Make the list of achievements the player has to choose from bigger.

Nine for the dailies is not enough if there are several achievements the player doesnt like/isnt eligible for. Better yet, let us have the whole list to choose from.

(For example, for me, you can immediately cross off anything involving any form of PvP. Also, as a member of a small guild, any group content is going to be difficult to complete too. That doesnt mean those achievements shouldnt be there, but surely the whole point of this change was for me to be able to choose what I wanted to do.)

2 - Please limit the PvP and WvW activities to the PvP achievements.

Just have PVE activities in the normal achievements list, otherwise I dont see the point in having a seperate PvP catageory.

Seperate achievements for both types of play is the only solution that will reward people who only want to play one aspect of the game. (And it still rewards those players who want to do both.)

I was actually looking forward to this change more than any of the others. Sad to say, but my heart actually sank when I saw what I had available to me. Its a good idea, but poorly thought out.

Put simply, please stop giving me ’choices’ that force me to do stuff I dont want to do..

Fingers crossed you sort it out so everybody is happy.

Qahlel.3805

Your view is that they should reduce dailies to a bland and generalized set of goals.

Generalization caters for a greater set of play styles. What I find boring is what I don’t want to do in a game.
Why do you think in GW2 there aren’t any ‘Go here, kill this, kill that, speak to this person’ quests like in other MMOs? GW2 actually lets you complete heart and dynamic events by contributing as you like. This could be by ressing people, killing mobs, gathering, etc etc.

What I find fun when playing GW2 is what the dailies should be rewarding.

It is an unreal goal to make a game for millions of players wherein no player will ever have to do anything they do not want to do.

Wrong. Creating a great game is about making every experience catered for the prospective users. If the specific design is dull, it would be irrational behavior to include it into the game.

What your argument basically break down to is “I feel like I’m not having fun in all of the game so ANet should change the game” and their catering specifically to my desires okay because all they have to do is make the game universally fun for everyone. That is impossible. Nothing is 100% satisfactory to all users. So do not presume to represent the interests of everyone. Additionally, do not feel entitled to be 100% satisfied with the game, because your 100% satisfaction is someone else’s less than 100%.

Oh dear, it appears someone is still barking up the wrong tree.
Please read Raine.1394’s post. As I won’t explain again, nor are your posts particularly constructive.

(edited by Qahlel.3805)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

1. Press M
2. Find Ascalon
3. Select way point
4. Travel
5. Proceed to kill 40 somethings
6. Press M
7. Find Hoelbrak
8. Select way point
9. Travel
10. Proceed to kill 40 something
11 . Daily done!

No matter how many choices you actually have, you’ll never be happy. There will always be something to kitten about.
Here’s a hint. If you know that dailies are easier done on the starting areas and are that cheap that you don’t want to travel from Orr with your main, park a alt in one of them. You get to level it a bit each day and complete the daily in the process.

Thank you for clarifying this point!

The new daily’s are designed to consume/reduce in game coin.

Oh . . . not if I do them on someone lower level and save the last one for my 80. Say take my baby-alt Norn through Wayfarer’s Foothills, my baby-alt Charr through Plains of Ashford, save the salvage items and blow them out on my 80.

Done.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: SpiritofTrini.8374

SpiritofTrini.8374

There are more options BUT they’re far more restrictive AND time-consuming.

1 – The ‘Kill 40x’ quests are ridiculous. Before you could kill whatever you want and play the game as you would like to play it. For me, I’d rack up these kills in the cursed shore where the loot and events are relevant to my level. But now, i’m forced to go to these zones to get 40-80 kills, all the time wondering, why am I sent here? Besides slogging it out for the daily quest, I have no real purpose here.

2 – 3x Skill Points – OK~ but this is still quite grindy, perhaps 1h30 of events to get this. This daily is ok for people still leveling but for casual 80 players, especially for those who have little time after coming home from work, are forced to do activities that give XP. Some activities in GW2 are more lucrative for XP than others, either way, this is time consuming.

3 – Daily Fractal – Wow, a forced dungeon. I don’t run this dungeon often, I don’t have the time. I actually join the dungeon my guildmates happen to be doing or, join a lower level dungeon with low level guild members. How about changing this to, do ANY DUNGEON OF YOUR CHOICE.

I know people are going to get all defensive here but the main reason why I’m playing this was because I was drawn by the notion that arenanet conveyed to me: to allow players to play the game as they want it.

At first I was like, oh cool, individualistic dailies. Maybe I can do dailies that I care about! But now it seems more like ‘here are some dailies that arenanet wants you to do in order to stimulate the economy, get more player activity in instance X, etc etc’

Don’t underestimate the size of your casual market, time-consuming dailies are the exact opposite of what we want. The casual market is bigger than ever at this point in time, like it or not. Now, get this: Dailies that prove to be a chore IS NOT a selling point.
The dailies must be generalized enough such that they are applicable to every player and are gradually completed minute by minute by doing the stuff they’re interested in. Now this would be a feature I would be thrilled to tell my colleagues and friends about.

Example:
- Kill Any 50 monsters of your choice
- Make 10 PvP kills in a map of your choice
- Do a dungeon of your choice

The old dailies were like this, there was freedom in what you can do. And the time spent, as you would normally play, would eventually complete it. Now it’s more like, I have to do X number of activities I don’t care about ON TOP of what I’d normally want to do. I really don’t have the time and guess what, dailies become a chore and get BORING.

I’m not whining about making it easier (not like dailies should be based on difficulty anyway), i’m asking for dailies to be more relevant to any player’s daily play.

what this person said… I’m a casual player (PvE) and mostly in for dungeon’s with guild mates. By the time I get home from work, my brain is mush and I just want to chill before we start.

Playing the game how I want is/was very appealing to me. I did not have to think of anything, but just go on my merry way. Guild call to arms, we form up and do what ever it is.

I don’t mind doing the dailies from before becuase I did not find it as a check list. It was merely completed by me doing what ever I felt like doing.

Then came laurels/new dailies… was a bit different but ok… i could still complete it and have some fun and not have to think on it too much.

Now, I feel as if i have to pick and choose… so basically I don’t log in for the dailies (now losing out on laurels – so no asscend gear). I’ll just log in for dungeon’s with guild mates and then call it a night when that is over.

Still a decent game… i just hope they don’t go the way of telling us how to play the game.

Siaa Middo (Elementalist)
The Founding Fathers

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yes I agree they are much more of a grind now.

Here is the list if anyone is wondering.

Daily Kill Varity (13 types of enemies)

Daily Underwater Slayer (25 enemies)

Daily Gatherer (20 things)

Personal Story Completer (1 story)

Daily Healer (10 rezes)

Mystic Forgesmith (10 items)

Keg Brawl Stealer (5 steals)

Group Event (2 events)

Daily Mist Invasion (10 kills)

Thats a hell of a lot of stuff to do compared to the PvP daily

3 Captures, 3 Matches played, 5 Kills, 1 Top Stat Awarded.

The PvP daily only takes a few minutes. You will get 3 captures in a single game, you will get 5 kills in a game, and top stat is very easy to get as well, just use the trebuchet or repair it or kill forest creature everytime he appears.

Now I wouldnt mind doing all that random wierd stuff, but theres A LOT of random wierd stuff to do, you made the daily list a lot longer than normal.

And just to be honest any idiot gamer will never figure out how to use the mystic forge because theres no guide telling you how to use it in game. They dont explain it as well as Diablo2 explains how to use the horadric cube.

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

anyone who’s lvl 70+ and is complaning is a cry baby…… i did my dailies in less than 20 mins, twice already since the servers reset… its cake, not even a piece, the whole bloody cake….

it might be a bit of a grind for lower lvl toons, and alts…. but if your main is at 70+, really bug off… its a walk in the park.

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

OK .. I got 4/5 through my normal routine … playing how I wan to play, but to complete this, I have to pick between: prove we’re not cannon fodder, play keg brawl, throw junque into the mystic forge, hunt down a guild doing two of the new guild thingamabobs, or work on our personal story. Sure seems like the ‘play however you want’ has now become a memory.

(edited by Algonda Friedenbaum.2930)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i tried to do 40 kills in ascalon but it stopped counting them at 55% so i logged off.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Corehaven.5480

Corehaven.5480

Yeah this was totally unexpected, I was thinking we were getting to choose from the dailies that were doing already lol.

Yea exactly, and if it had been that, it wouldn’t be all that bad.

Instead they’ve injected ridiculous things. WvW stuff, jumping puzzles, mystic forge usage, keg brawl.

I can get my entire daily done in 30 min. Yet, with these changes I just had to run a story quest I cared nothing about, with a character I wasn’t really currently playing, just to get the daily done. I did not enjoy it.

There’s 9 options! yay! Except so far, typically all but 5 of them are viable to do fairly easily. The rest are 30 min-to an hour affairs, each one taking that long by themselves.

There’s no choice here to me. Its just doing 5 that are hopefully viable and quickest and trying to avoid the other ludicrous things they’ve included.

If it was the dailys we had before and we got to choose among them, that would have been great. This has just made it more complicated, and even more of a hassle as far as I’m concerned.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Today’s dailies were:

• Kill 40 Shiverpeak Mobs – This isn’t limited to low level areas.
  • KIll 40 Ascalon Mobs – Again, but the highest level area you can do this is 60 – 70.
  • Daily Gatherer – This really hasn’t changed
  • Event Mentor – Can be completed alongside the first two if you so wish.
  • Skill Point Accumulator – This can be difficult if you don’t play an alt, agreed.
  • Recycler – All that trash you got from killing mobs? There ya go
  • Daily Puzzle Jumper – OK if you like Jumping Puzzles
  • Daily Fractal Runner – OK If you like running Fractals
  • Daily Mist Invasion – OK if you WvW

PvE

Gatherer, Recycler, Event Mentor, Ascalon OR Shiverpeak Mobs. There’s quite a nice synergy between all of these.

WvW

Mist Invasion, Gatherer, Recycler. If you’re in a queue, go do something else while waiting.

I’d hardly consider these a ‘grind’.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Completing 1 Jumping Puzzle is the second easiest Daily after Visiting A Laurel merchant. 2 good reasons to spend around 5 mins in LA ^^

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Eliyahu.1467

Yes I agree they are much more of a grind now.

Here is the list if anyone is wondering.

Daily Kill Varity (13 types of enemies)

Daily Underwater Slayer (25 enemies)

Daily Gatherer (20 things)

Personal Story Completer (1 story)

Daily Healer (10 rezes)

Mystic Forgesmith (10 items)

Keg Brawl Stealer (5 steals)

Group Event (2 events)

Daily Mist Invasion (10 kills)

Thats a hell of a lot of stuff to do compared to the PvP daily

3 Captures, 3 Matches played, 5 Kills, 1 Top Stat Awarded.

The PvP daily only takes a few minutes. You will get 3 captures in a single game, you will get 5 kills in a game, and top stat is very easy to get as well, just use the trebuchet or repair it or kill forest creature everytime he appears.

Now I wouldnt mind doing all that random wierd stuff, but theres A LOT of random wierd stuff to do, you made the daily list a lot longer than normal.

And just to be honest any idiot gamer will never figure out how to use the mystic forge because theres no guide telling you how to use it in game. They dont explain it as well as Diablo2 explains how to use the horadric cube.

Psst….You only have to do 5 of those not all of them.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

The original dailies were the best ones, to be honest.

60 kills, 15 enemy types, 20 gatherings, 5 events. You notice a common theme here? They were all completely unrestricted. You could complete them anywhere. This was a good thing because it allowed people to play the game however they wanted, wherever they wanted to.

Then ANet decides to screw with a perfectly working system by adding new daily requirements, some of which require specific locations to complete (aquatic slayer for example), others of which were bugged and didn’t work, and still others that encouraged kitten poor game play instead of smart tactical game play.

But that wasn’t enough, oh no. Now we have this “pick 5 of 9” setup, and the requirements are more specific than ever before. Kill monsters in a specific zone, run a specific dungeon, complete personal story steps, use the Mystic Toilet….Keg Brawl is on there for Abaddon only knows what reason. And they all offer less achievement points now, so now you feel even less rewarded than ever for doing your dailies and you have to do more work to complete them.

We’ve gone from a game designed to be “played the way you want to” to a game that sounds more like “play the way the developers want to”.

And no, “it’s optional” isn’t a valid excuse. Something being optional doesn’t excuse poor game design, not now or ever. And it especially doesn’t excuse taking a working design and destroying it.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Here’s how I got 5 dailies done within 30+ mins:

1) Port to Dolyak Pass WP at Wayfarer Foothills:

• Kill 40 Shiverpeak Mobs – there are ‘Gathering Storm’ events that take place southwest of WP, around two events in 10 mins (I scored an average of 15 kills per event). While waiting in between two events, you can kill off nearby dolyaks/wurm hatchlings/ice elementals or join in event at Kevach’s Homestead.

2) Port to Butcher’s Block WP at Diessa Plateau:

• KIll 40 Ascalon Mobs – Again, there are ‘Gathering Storm’ events that take place northeast of WP, around two events in 10 mins. While waiting in between two events, you can kill off wolves/harpies/separatists near the waypoint or join in event at Butcher’s Block.
  • Event Mentor – fulfilled requirement while doing above 2 dailies – 2/3 from Shiverpeak, 2/3 from Ascalon (or wait a bit longer for 3rd Gathering Storm event)

3) Port to Shadow Inn Waypoint WP at LA:

• Daily Puzzle Jumper – Urmaug’s Secret JP is just north of WP, behind the waterfall. This is a very easy JP that requires you to just jump up.

4) Port to Trader’s Forum WP at LA:

• Recycler – Buy salvage kit from merchant & work on loots from killing mobs at Shiverpeak & Ascalon.

There, easy 5 dailies done.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

A couple of simple fixes for the daily/monthly achievements.

2 – Please limit the PvP and WvW activities to the PvP achievements.

This, +1000.

There already IS a category for daily PvP stuff, so those things should never, ever show up in the other daily achievements category and use up one of the choices there. There is a reason that there are two daily categories – many players do not want to do PvP, ever. And even though it is a worthy goal to try to encourage players to give PvP a try, there are other ways of doing so than by inconveniencing them.

Also, in my opinion the daily achievements should always be possible to be completed alone, without a group. That does not mean that there should never be choices like “complete a dungeon”, just that there should never be several choices which a solo player cannot do, because in combination with other choices which are maybe solo doable but need a certain minimum level, that could end up leaving not enough choices for lowbie solo players to complete their daily achievements.

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

Dailies I cant complain about too much personally, what bothers me is that monthlies have not changed. I’m not fond of running dungeon and I’d really like to complete a monthly achievement just once. Now I’m not saying axe dungeons requirement completely, others find it rewarding that’s good for them, just give those of us that dont have the time or inclination other options.
And yeah I agree WvW should be in the PvP section for sure.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Would you really rather have the old system than the new one?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

If your going to make ridiculous demands of what is ultimately optional content, dont expect anyone, including ArenaNet, to take your posts seriously either.

Laurels = daily exclusive = exclusive gear

cool options bro.

Ridiculous demands? What I was requesting was already in place.

Demanding dailes go against their intended function of spreading the playerbase out into various zones is ridiculous.

You seem to be unaware. The original intended function of the Daily was to provide casual players without a lot of time a way of achieving quick, painless rewards through completely normal play. That was why the original Daily had multiple tiers, and very generic goals.

Someone who could only play 30 minutes or an hour could play the game, without even focusing on completing the Daily and earn rewards for participating in 1 event, 3 total events, and 5 total events. Kill quantity (anywhere), kill variety (anywhere), gathering resources, events.. these were the four purposely generic daily tasks and if you, for example, were a low level character purposely adventuring in a particular zone of your choice you could complete the Daily by accident just by playing normally.

That is why it’s annoying now to have to go to specific locations, or do unusual tasks. Apparently the point of the Daily has changed from its original intentions to a busy-work mechanic. So, what’s actually ridiculous is to suggest it can’t change again when it’s already changed once (for the worse, in my opinion).

What’s very wrong with the comments in this thread is that people are trying to describe the best way to “beat” the Daily, as if it is its own mini-game now. Prior to the Daily revamp the Daily was just something that players finished through their normal session of playing without even realizing they were working on a Daily – and that was intentional and by design. Now we’re supposed to run/map travel to locations we had no intention of going to, or participate in tasks that aren’t necessarily part of our planned normal play. It’s annoying.

I wish the original Daily Achievements had stayed as is, and all of this could have been introduced as some additional system to provide bored players with something to chase after every day. Call it the Daily Carrot.

(edited by Edge.4180)

penatbater.4710

critickitten.1498

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. See below for a verbal version of my answer.

It was faster, easier, and far superior to the new model. It allowed me to play where I want, when I want. That’s what it should be.

penatbater.4710

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. See below for a verbal version of my answer.

It was faster, easier, and far superior to the new model. It allowed me to play where I want, when I want. That’s what it should be.

Just so we’re clear, by old I meant the one before this one, wherein there’s a random chance of having some requirements that you might’ve disliked (underwater combat, vet killing, etc). o.o

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Yes, I would rather have the original daily achievements that were easily completed without even focusing on them, rather than the new ones that cause my friends and I to always utter the words “let’s work on getting the daily out of the way” when we log on now, and having it chew up most of our available gaming time.

Kill 15 types of mobs, anywhere.
Kill 60 mobs, anywhere.
Gather 20 resources, anywhere.
Complete 5 events, anywhere.

^ That was the original Daily. What did you find so scary about it?

critickitten.1498

Just so we’re clear, by old I meant the one before this one, wherein there’s a random chance of having some requirements that you might’ve disliked (underwater combat, vet killing, etc). o.o

I was talking about the original model, where there were four requirements and all of them could be completed in virtually any location in the game.

But yes, I would even prefer the new randomized daily requirements over the “new new” choose-your-poison daily requirements we have now.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Sorta?

I could do the oldest form of the system every day with little problem. I even put a small walkthrough up for guildmates to look at and add to when we found good spots to knock them all out.

The second version, the “interim” I suppose, we shrugged and came up with ways of handling each individual aspect. It was a little fun to go “so what do we need to do today?” . . . the sort of thing we liked looking at on Zaishen quests.

Now? I’m not too sure. I like the oddity of some of these. I like the variety of them, which seems to be more than the “interim”. But I can only do so many Skill Challenges, or Personal Story missions. And I might not have the means to do Fractals on a day when it comes up. The saving grace is that even if all three come up at once I still do have seven more to pick from to do five of. And that’s if I decide I don’t want to just skip the day.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I facepalm at the people complaining about the kill 40 in X zones. I mean come on, what’s so hard about killing 40 mobs in Plains of Ashford and Wayfarer Foothills? They have EVENTS that make it so much easier. For example, in Plains of Ashford you have the harpy events and the flame legion events. In Wayfarer Foothills you have the Sons of Svanir events all over the place. Are you telling me you can’t be bothered to take 5 minutes to do those?

I swear the new generation of MMO gamers is becoming lazier and lazier…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

critickitten.1498

I facepalm at the people complaining about the kill 40 in X zones. I mean come on, what’s so hard about killing 40 mobs in Plains of Ashford and Wayfarer Foothills?

What was so hard about killing 60 mobs anywhere in the world?

Nothing? Good, glad we agree. So why did they change it to a clearly inferior system, then?

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

There was nothing wrong with the last system in place for
dailies, bottom line.

If we assume a limited amount of man hours that can be
invested into enhancing the game, as some argue, than spend
them on things that actually make a difference (like profession
balancing, exploiting, hacks, WvW improvements, etc.).