Daily insanity?

Daily insanity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Acidphase.6520

Acidphase.6520

Okay I realize you guys wanted to change it up but now you pretty much limited the daily to people or kids that have nothing to do with their time all day.

I’m a father of 2 with a pregnant wife my time during the week is limited as I look forward too the weekends to play with some friends online.

The newly daily just totally screwed me over now, as it was I used to wake up do my daily and pretty much get ready for work and head out. This is impossible now quite frankly entirely unfair. You’re going to punish a person that can’t devote more than a couple hours a day.
The mystic forge is pretty dumb too although I guess I’ll just use blues for now on on that one lol
Keg brawler? I just don’t have time for this stuff till weekend.

Thanks Anet to be sympathetic to the working class people that play your game they’re also the ones that buy the most gems and in game store content looks like I’ll stop buying them too. By the way statistics show that 57% of today’s gamer’s are 30 years or older with an average of 12 years playing games. Good marketing there lol.

Edit:
——————-

Sorry peoples I broke my number 1 rule. "Never assume it makes and kitten u-me.
Apparently I woke up real cranky yesterday well actually my sleep was interrupted but that’s another discussion.

When I looked at the daily I didn’t read the release notes and realize that you get to “choose” 5. I was under the assumption that I had to do all 9 hence the rage lol

So in shed of the new found and correct information then yes no reason why you can’t bang out the daily pretty quickly esp on days when you just have to visit a luarel vendor I bet lol.

Apologies for being a nit nit lol.

][ Gentoo x86_64 ][ Windows 7 x64][ AMD FX-8150 @4ghz ][
][ 16GB G.Skill @1866Mhz Unganged ][
][ HD Radeon 5970 & 5870 (Tri-Fire) ][ X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro ][

(edited by Acidphase.6520)

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

Everyone is a gaming analyst these days.
I like the new dailies as you can choose what you like the most.

Other than that, I play very casually (due to various reason as difficulty and such)
and I have no problem completing the daily in a fair amout of time.

Also, you’re not being forced to do a daily -every- day.
I’d go crazy if I had to. lol

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I just don’t get why they didn’t just get rid of the cheese dailies (laurel vendor and crafting) and open the entire list to choose from. The 4 extra “choices” are hardly an improvement, especially “choices” that involve things you have absolutely no desire to partake in (PVP, keg brawl, etc…).

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

Wow, i did the new dailies in less than half an hour… No offense, but if you can’t play half an hour straight why choosing an mmorpg?

Daily insanity?

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Are you kidding? You just need any 5 out of the ones listed, doing that certainly got a lot faster now.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Acidphase.6520

Acidphase.6520

I choose it cause I used to play GW1 years ago and liked the series.
Soulstar your right I guess I shouldn’t be allowed to in game fun for some down time to one self lol.

It wasn’t made up statistic btw got it straight from a MMORPG site.

][ Gentoo x86_64 ][ Windows 7 x64][ AMD FX-8150 @4ghz ][
][ 16GB G.Skill @1866Mhz Unganged ][
][ HD Radeon 5970 & 5870 (Tri-Fire) ][ X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro ][

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Keg brawl achievement took me about 10 or 20 minutes. Run to somebody with the keg, hit 5, then move to where they land and hit 2. Gets done quickly.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Daily insanity?

Posted by: MKJoker.8372

MKJoker.8372

I did,

Group Event, Gatherer, Kill Variaty, Aquatic, and Mystic Forge.

It took maybe 20 mins, just go to Queensdale.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

Okay I realize you guys wanted to change it up but now you pretty much limited the daily to people or kids that have nothing to do with their time all day.

I’m a father of 2 with a pregnant wife my time during the week is limited as I look forward too the weekends to play with some friends online.

The newly daily just totally screwed me over now, as it was I used to wake up do my daily and pretty much get ready for work and head out. This is impossible now quite frankly entirely unfair. You’re going to punish a person that can’t devote more than a couple hours a day.
The mystic forge is pretty dumb too although I guess I’ll just use blues for now on on that one lol

Thanks Anet to be sympathetic to the working class people that play your game they’re also the ones that buy the most gems and in game store content looks like I’ll stop buying them too. By the way statistics show that 57% of today’s gamer’s are 30 years or older with an average of 12 years playing games. Good marketing there lol.

You are just making up problems. It took me 15 mins to do the daily today. In the time it took you to log onto the forums, and post this, you could have been done. Jesus Christ.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

People that are asking to choose from the entire list of possible dailies do not know what they are talking about. Each day of the month will have new dailies to choose from. If there’s 9 or 10 dailies to choose from each day, that’s a pool of 270 to 300 options each month. Do you really want to have to shift through 300 options each day to choose your 5 dailies. Get real….

Daily insanity?

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yeah this seems faster to me than the old dailies.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

I have done my dailies twice since the patch released. Once between 5-7 est, and once after. Btw ty for extra laurel devs.

Your thread is invalid.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

took me 30 mins to do 8/9 dailies, if people don’t have enough time in your busy life to do that, then why the fudge are people playing in the first place?

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

lol, i am a father to two, have a wife, work full time, starting a fiberglass business, and I am taking 14 credits in college towards my BA in CIS. It takes me all of MAYBE 20 minutes to do my daily, every day, no matter what the requisites are. You are doing something wrong if it takes you that long. learn where to farm what, where events are, where nodes are, where to res npc’s at, etc.

(edited by Aoshi.4785)

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

OP, ignore the kids. There are threads already on the new dailies and many people have issues with them. They are a departure from the “play your way” philosophy and people are calling Anet on it. There are obviously a lot of people used to the old MMO’s that told you what to do when and are OK with it, but GW2 was supposed to be different in this regard.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

First dailies are too restrictive and you can’t play the way you want to.

Now you can pick your daily and there’s still huge problems.

Sounds like the “playstyle” everyone wants is to log in for free laurel.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

I suspect the Keg Brawl one is an underhanded “Screw you for not liking it” kind of deal.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

OP is definitely QQ’ing.

I’m a bigamist who currently supports two families with a total of 16 children. I work 60 hours a week at my day job (long haul trucker), while studying for not one, but two Ph.D’s (in totally unrelated subjects). I also govern a small African country on the side.

If I can find the time to complete GW2 dailies (in between celebrity golf tournaments), then surely those without a life like mine can do so.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Are you kidding? You just need any 5 out of the ones listed, doing that certainly got a lot faster now.

Nope. I used to have a route that took me about 15 minutes. Even with the recent version where “daily kills” might not be included, or “aquatic kills” was included, it didn’t matter. Best of all I could actually get all of this done in WvW too if I wanted to.

I can’t do that now.

In fact, with the timing of the patch today I was able to do 2 dailies because of the reset. Both of those dailies took about an hour because I couldn’t use my old route.

The reason why the dailies have been acceptable up until now is that they can be done solo and don’t take very long. Anet obviously doesn’t understand this, and apparently neither do you.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

they should have added:

5 events daily
kill vets daily
skill points daily
new area explored daily
JP daily

Daily insanity?

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

You can choose 5 out of the lists to complete. But I do realize some items have been adjusted to make it more conditional (like completing GROUP events).

Anyway I don’t think a father with 2 kids and a pregnant wife should care too much about completing the dailies of an MMO………..

Daily insanity?

ElenaDragon.8401

they should have added:

5 events daily
kill vets daily
skill points daily
new area explored daily
JP daily

JP is one of them, and they change every day. I suspect we’ll see vets as well. Events is there, you just have to be downleveled for them. 3 skill points is also one.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

OP I understand your concern… im nowhere close to your situation but I work 45 hours a week and live with my GF. I don’t have more than 1 or 2 hours a day max to play. Nevertheless, some of the achievement don’t require that much time once you are at the task.

For example, kill 50 in a zone is really easy if you go to the starter areas… crowdy events help a lot (secially now that you get easier contribution, meaning you get the kill). 20 gatherings are always easy so there you have 2 (or 3 if you move zones). Events will auto complete while you wonder through lvl 1-15 zones with haste. Jumping Puzzle is cake! go to LA and do the Ogres hideout, top right of the map. That is extremely easy and can be done in like 2 minutes. You can find one more task that you like and think its fast.

Point is, you can now choose 5 you preffer and just work for it. It took me like 25 minutes to do mine today and I was playing with half my brain while assisting my GF with her studies with the other.

Hopefully we will get more options in the future like crafting or veteran kills

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Its interesting how people like to 1 up the guy before them. 1 said 30mins , the next say 20 mins , then 15mins then….

Daily insanity?

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I choose it cause I used to play GW1 years ago and liked the series.
Soulstar your right I guess I shouldn’t be allowed to in game fun for some down time to one self lol.

It wasn’t made up statistic btw got it straight from a MMORPG site.

You have every right to have some quality fun time to yourself guy. The dailies, however, aren’t really all that bad at the moment. The ones I got where completed in about an hour, it’s really more about knowing where to go to easily get them done. If you have the ‘healer’ one (for example), you can head out to a starter area where large groups of NPC’s die and revive them up (like in the northern area of the foothills).

Really though, if your playing it for fun, I’d say don’t even worry about the dailies, just play the game and have fun doing it – if you have 2 (with another on the way) kids, you don’t need the stress of trying to work for crazy things in games when you’re trying to relax man.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Daily insanity?

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

I dislike the daily as it was let alone now, just soooooo boring, did i note they put a jp daily in there well i shant be doing that either, seems it was pulled.

huh group event daily that is also a joke as never enough ppl to do a group event on any map lvl.

this game isn’t fun it is Zzzzzzzz!!!

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

Daily insanity?

ElenaDragon.8401

The JP was in there for an hour or two before today’s reset. I’m sure it will cycle back around. They seem to change every day like they did before, we just have more to choose from now.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Sounds like the “playstyle” everyone wants is to log in for free laurel.

No, the “playstyle” I want is the original four dailies.

They were perfectly fine as is. ANet had no reason to go meddling in them and screw them up like they did here.

Oh, but I know the common replies: “it’s optional” and “the new dailies are easier for me personally so they’re fine”. Well hang on a minute, aren’t they “optional”? So why is it that you feel they needed to be changed to cater to you when they were perfectly fine as they were originally designed?

The only folks arguing that the changes are “fine” clearly didn’t even try to complete the original daily requirements, which could be done on any map and finished more quickly and easily than the current ones. If you can easily do 40 kills in one specific zone then why is 60 kills anywhere in the world a problem for you? If 13 types of monsters is easy then why is 15 so hard? If you have no trouble gathering, guess what, that was one of the original requirements. And if you can’t do 5 events, are you even really playing the game?

Face it. The old model was not only fine, it was better than the new model.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Corehaven.5480

Corehaven.5480

All I can say is I had to run a story quest today to get my daily done. I just logged on with a character I dont really play (very low level), to do a story quest I cared nothing about, just to get the daily. I did NOT enjoy it.

Why did I have to do this? Because while there’s a choice of 9 options, 4 of them are so ludicrous (typically) that you just do the 5 that somewhat aren’t. Although I have no doubt the day will come where I don’t do the daily because I can’t find 5 that I will suffer doing.

Every time they’ve changed the dailies, I’ve hated it. I thought this time would be great because we were getting optional ones. Instead its 9 options, nearly half of which are totally ludicrous, leaving 5 that are more wonky and annoying than usual.

What a mess.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Why did I have to do this? Because while there’s a choice of 9 options, 4 of them are so ludicrous (typically) that you just do the 5 that somewhat aren’t. Although I have no doubt the day will come where I don’t do the daily because I can’t find 5 that I will suffer doing.

My thoughts exactly when I saw that the pool is randomized. One day I’ll have to do Keg Brawl, WvW and some other stupid thing just to get my 5s and the Laurel. “Play your own way” indeed.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Loltha.2390

Loltha.2390

The new dailies are crap…………kiss my kitten. Some choice, I prefer the old same every day dailies. This multi-crap is a time sink I, for one, am not doing them daily anymore. If I don’t like the choices, then no go.

Today’s selection contained a WVW item, killing 10 invaders ( why is this even in here instead of in the PVP daily???!!!)

Gathering

Healing Allies

Killing 13 diff creatures

Killing Aquatic creatures( and fish no longer count, thanks for nothing Anet)

2 Group Events ( note that the new notes say you can only do each event once a day to make us utilize the map …not that you’re getting any slack on portal costs which are basically one reason peeps stay in an area)

Doing a step in your personal storyline ( Completed my story, TYVM and why is this even in here)

Make 5 items in the Mystic Toilet ( yeah, right, I’ll jump right on that 1)

I’m going from memory so I may have missed a few choices. I’m so ticked off by what you did with these!

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Personally the dailies are so easy it’s finally given my brother something he can complete daily that is easy so he can get on with the rest of his life.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Daily insanity?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Nope. I used to have a route that took me about 15 minutes. Even with the recent version where “daily kills” might not be included, or “aquatic kills” was included, it didn’t matter. Best of all I could actually get all of this done in WvW too if I wanted to.

I can’t do that now.

In fact, with the timing of the patch today I was able to do 2 dailies because of the reset. Both of those dailies took about an hour because I couldn’t use my old route.

The reason why the dailies have been acceptable up until now is that they can be done solo and don’t take very long. Anet obviously doesn’t understand this, and apparently neither do you.

Take some time to figure out the best map to finish them all, or the best route. I’m sure there is one. Just because it didn’t jive with your existing model/route, doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Daily insanity?

Nabrok.9023

Some people don’t seem to get the concept of optional. The whole idea of this is so they can put stuff some people will want to do but others won’t want to do … not so that you can complete all of them, you only need 5.

Today’s selection contained a WVW item, killing 10 invaders ( why is this even in here instead of in the PVP daily???!!!)

Because WvW is part of PvE, not PvP. Great option for those who WvW all day.

Gathering

Easy … anybody can do this anywhere.

Healing Allies

Easily accomplished in PvE, but can also fill up quite quickly in WvW.

Killing 13 diff creatures

Takes a bit longer in WvW, but can be done if you kill off yellows you cross paths with. Easy in PvE.

Killing Aquatic creatures( and fish no longer count, thanks for nothing Anet)

Still pretty easy, even without the whites. Can also be done in WvW.

2 Group Events ( note that the new notes say you can only do each event once a day to make us utilize the map …not that you’re getting any slack on portal costs which are basically one reason peeps stay in an area)

Perhaps a bit harder in PvE, but fairly easy in WvW. Again … optional.

Doing a step in your personal storyline ( Completed my story, TYVM and why is this even in here)

You’ve done all your personal story on every character and all your slots are full? Also … optional!

Make 5 items in the Mystic Toilet ( yeah, right, I’ll jump right on that 1)

Again … optional.

All classes

Daily insanity?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

The new dailies made absolutly no differance to me at all. I still did the same ones I have been doing. I like the idea of pick and choose, but if the only ones worth doing are the same old ones we have been doing, who really cares?

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

smh This is a problem on your behalf. smh

You can entirely skip the dailies if you want. smh Unless you want a laurel, mystic coin, jug of karma or achievement points you don’t have to do it to play most of the game. smh

Smh, it’s as if everything that is offered in Guild Wars 2 is seen by people as obligatory. smh

smh

smh

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

Every time they change the dailies they seem to get worse, through I am limited in time, and usually only play an hour to an hour and a half a day, typically I do the dailies monday through friday and do dungeons and storylines on the weekend. I was able to do today’s daily in maybe an hour.

Mystic forge is quick, craft up 20 blue items, and bang done.
13 kill varieties, run through any zone kill 13 different enimies
While killing different mobs gather items, not like low level nodes are few and far between
Wolfmaster – Maw 2 events both are frequent spawns
Undewater kill, this is quick, and can add to your kill varieties.

Total time less than an hour, maybe 40 minutes top.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

When I first see new dailies I thought they are insane. Then I thought about it a little and found that every daily can be done very quicklly. Just to know where to go for it.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

You can “play the way you want” you just don’t get a laurel for it. Why is this a big deal? In GW1 we had Zaishen dailies and no one whined that they weren’t able to get coins because they didn’t feel like doing the daily quest/bounty/w/e and that having this didn’t let them play the way they wanted to play. Same thing here, except easier. People don’t mind grinding fractals for ascended rings, or grinding mobs for legendaries but Dwayna forbid that you explore a new zone or do something different for a change.

I like the new system. I was finally able to get my monthly this month and hope that the options next month will also be doable. The previous “good” system that some of the posters are praising so much, REQUIRED you to do JPs, WvW, Fractals, etc. for the monthly. So why is that fine, and such a horrible system when you have the OPTION of it for the daily?

Daily insanity?

Nabrok.9023

The new dailies made absolutly no differance to me at all. I still did the same ones I have been doing. I like the idea of pick and choose, but if the only ones worth doing are the same old ones we have been doing, who really cares?

This is the whole point. The ones that are worth doing for you, are different from the ones that are worth doing for somebody else.

If you WvW a lot, the WvW one is perfect. If you never WvW but do use the Mystic Forge … do that one instead.

All classes

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

You can “play the way you want” you just don’t get a laurel for it. Why is this a big deal? In GW1 we had Zaishen dailies and no one whined that they weren’t able to get coins because they didn’t feel like doing the daily quest/bounty/w/e and that having this didn’t let them play the way they wanted to play. Same thing here, except easier. People don’t mind grinding fractals for ascended rings, or grinding mobs for legendaries but Dwayna forbid that you explore a new zone or do something different for a change.

I like the new system. I was finally able to get my monthly this month and hope that the options next month will also be doable. The previous “good” system that some of the posters are praising so much, REQUIRED you to do JPs, WvW, Fractals, etc. for the monthly. So why is that fine, and such a horrible system when you have the OPTION of it for the daily?

Indeed man. The nerve of these people today smh
Always this insulting underlying tone smh

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Daily insanity?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The Mystic Forge one finally got me to remember to make superior siege equipment for WvW. <blush>

#TeamJadeQuarry

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

The old dailies were boring as hell. Exactly the same routine every day. If that is what you want, then yes, you are screwed with this new system. But I kind of like it. It pushes me a little bit outside of my comfort zone and try new things (keg brawl was actually kind of fun when I got the hang of it).

And @ loltha: just throw a couple of whites in the mystic forge? It’s no harder than the crafting daily.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: beersapper.2135

beersapper.2135

I did ‘dailies’ yesterday three times.

I left them undone from the day before. Once between 3pm (west coast) and reset and immediately following reset. Took me some 10 minutes each time. Actually, it took me longer the last time around deciding which daily events would be the fastest to complete.

Also, whoever told you life (digital or real) was fair LIED to you.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

You get to choose which dailies you do. And this is something people are complaining about. I really wish “natural selection” worked faster.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t even worry about dailies. If they happen..cool. It not, its no big deal. Dailies are fo those who either have a lot of time to play or cannot accept the self responsibility for figuring out what to do in the game.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Because while there’s a choice of 9 options, 4 of them are so ludicrous (typically) that you just do the 5 that somewhat aren’t. Although I have no doubt the day will come where I don’t do the daily because I can’t find 5 that I will suffer doing.

Every time they’ve changed the dailies, I’ve hated it. I thought this time would be great because we were getting optional ones. Instead its 9 options, nearly half of which are totally ludicrous, leaving 5 that are more wonky and annoying than usual.

So much this. While I did appreciate new options such as 40 kills in Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, I was disheartened to see many options that are either terrible (PvP/fractals*) or unfeasible (skill points/personal story when you’ve already completed both).

By the time I auto-discounted those things I was only left with 5 other activities I could do and unfortunately a few of them (healer, aquatic slayer) were ones I was hoping I’d never have to do again after this patch.

• Seriously, how many people have posted they never did the monthlies because of WvW and Fractals requirements, so they decide to put them in as dailies instead? boggle

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Fenris.8091

Fenris.8091

I really don’t see what the OP is getting so upset about.

There are 9 options, of which you have to complete 5 to get the daily bonus.

The important bit is “of which you have to complete 5 to get the daily bonus”

If you don’t want to play the Mystic Toilet, then don’t. I timed how long it took me to do the dailies… 21 minutes and not only completed 5 of them, but 7.

Personally I can only see the changes causing a problem on the Temple runs where it is sometimes difficult enough to get a group together.

Current Characters:
Gyr Wolfchild: Norn Ranger lv71
Fenris Wolfchild: Human Thief lv80

Daily insanity?

Posted by: Jaidy.1824

Jaidy.1824

A list with 25 dailies divided in 5 catagory’s would have been a lot better then this. W’r currently still forced to do what arena wants us to do as picking from a list with 9 things is not really big and from what i have been reading the daily list changes everyday.

Daily insanity?

Posted by: kisangyal.1796

kisangyal.1796

I play games for fun… not for dailies or grind or get an item (like legendaries for example).

So what if you do not do some dailies? Nothing bad happens. There are bigger issues with this game and I am worried about those.